☼ dj2010: off all meds for 3 months and been fine now bad insomnia

dj2010

8 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

thanks for the advice PB, unable to eat at moment but going to follow this advice and hopefully pull through this nightmare without completely messing self up,

hope you are well

IM tired after 2 days working but today I've planned  a little walk in the sun and I have a little quite spot in the forest I can relax and get out of the sun .I had an interesting situation in work yesterday were I found my mind running wild and winding myself up like I did before my crash and I was proud I stopped it escalating .the interesting thing was once I got home and chilled for the evening a very dark mood came over me but I was aware of it  .I have a theory that when I control myself through mindfulness like I did yesterday it kind of snaps back at me like this but its only a theory and I've many years to test it.   

I will need to watch for this for many years going forward .

Be kind to yourself you'll be ok ,its only challenge that your well able to conquer.  

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

8 minutes ago, powerback said:

IM tired after 2 days working but today I've planned  a little walk in the sun and I have a little quite spot in the forest I can relax and get out of the sun .I had an interesting situation in work yesterday were I found my mind running wild and winding myself up like I did before my crash and I was proud I stopped it escalating .the interesting thing was once I got home and chilled for the evening a very dark mood came over me but I was aware of it  .I have a theory that when I control myself through mindfulness like I did yesterday it kind of snaps back at me like this but its only a theory and I've many years to test it.   

I will need to watch for this for many years going forward .

Be kind to yourself you'll be ok ,its only challenge that your well able to conquer.  

thats good you was well enough to get some work in, sounds like a nice walk you have planned, could do with a quiet spot in a forest right now, currently lay on bed suffering,

thats great you managed to control your mind yesterday, it just proves how stronger you are becoming, you should be really proud of yourself, yeh will have to test that theory,

going to try a small walk soon,

yes another challenge, sick of these challenges would just like some peace from it all lol,

take good care

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

24 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

thats good you was well enough to get some work in, sounds like a nice walk you have planned, could do with a quiet spot in a forest right now, currently lay on bed suffering,

thats great you managed to control your mind yesterday, it just proves how stronger you are becoming, you should be really proud of yourself, yeh will have to test that theory,

going to try a small walk soon,

yes another challenge, sick of these challenges would just like some peace from it all lol,

take good care

I totally get you ,the other weekend when I couldn't get out but I had the want to get out was not a nice feeling ,so I took the advice ive read about and stopped fighting it ,got out of my clothes and went to bed for 2 days .don't fight it if you need to be resting then rest .

I wouldn't be up to 5 days a week ,so I'm working  to keep myself ok partime  ,the rest of the week I wont over do the exercise ile just have light walks . 

The guy I work with could of easily dropped me over my attitude and issues over the years .ile take the 2 days as a confidence boost but I wont run away with myself because last week I did a day and I struggled mentally . 

find some soothing distractions . 

Take care my friend ,ile let you go and rest .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

13 minutes ago, powerback said:

I totally get you ,the other weekend when I couldn't get out but I had the want to get out was not a nice feeling ,so I took the advice ive read about and stopped fighting it ,got out of my clothes and went to bed for 2 days .don't fight it if you need to be resting then rest .

I wouldn't be up to 5 days a week ,so I'm working  to keep myself ok partime  ,the rest of the week I wont over do the exercise ile just have light walks . 

The guy I work with could of easily dropped me over my attitude and issues over the years .ile take the 2 days as a confidence boost but I wont run away with myself because last week I did a day and I struggled mentally . 

find some soothing distractions . 

Take care my friend ,ile let you go and rest .

yeh going to take it slow and plenty of rest,

your doing great, just keep partime for now, full time would be too much of a stressor.

have a nice day

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

16 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

yeh going to take it slow and plenty of rest,

your doing great, just keep partime for now, full time would be too much of a stressor.

have a nice day

Thanks You too my friend .

I have salmon and a big salad packed so I'm sorted lol.

Take care .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

quick update, slept ok last night and feel a little better today except still feel weak as hardly ate anything last couple days,

looks like Tuesdays night of no sleep was caused by my own mind worrying about having a reaction and not caused by the antibiotics themselves, just shows how fragile my mind is at the moment,

the abscess is much smaller now so hopefully be able to stop the antibiotics tomorrow,

looking for positives in this, I now will not have anxiety about getting infections in the future as I know I can tolerate antibiotics

1 hour ago, dj2010 said:

quick update, slept ok last night and feel a little better today except still feel weak as hardly ate anything last couple days,

looks like Tuesdays night of no sleep was caused by my own mind worrying about having a reaction and not caused by the antibiotics themselves, just shows how fragile my mind is at the moment,

the abscess is much smaller now so hopefully be able to stop the antibiotics tomorrow,

looking for positives in this, I now will not have anxiety about getting infections in the future as I know I can tolerate antibiotics

Perfect ,get steak and green veggies into you and build your strength .

Have good weekend.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

1 hour ago, powerback said:

Perfect ,get steak and green veggies into you and build your strength .

Have good weekend.

thanks buddy, going to do just that, hope you are well today, have a nice one yourself,

3 hours ago, dj2010 said:

Awesome and well done. I hope you will getting back to normal faster and no need antibiotic anymore. Eat healthy ,stay relax and positive. Good to hear .😁

Mid December 16 lorezapam 1mg and lexapro 5mg

Early April17 updosed lorezapam 2mg, mid Apr17 taper 1.5mg, mid May17-1.25mg, early Jun17- 1mg, mid Jun17-0.75mg, mid July17-0.5mg, End July 17 reduce from 0.4mg, 0.3mg,0.2mg until 0.1mg.lorezapam free on 9 August 2017.

Early Mar17 updosed to Lexapro 10mg , end Mar17 reduced 7.5mg, mid May17 reduced 0.5mg, End Aug17 reduced 2.5mg, early Sep17 -1.5mg, Mid Sept-1mg, End Sept - 0.5mg .lexapro free on 26 September 2017

Supplement- omega fish oil and magnesium citrate only.

38 minutes ago, Miracle123 said:

Awesome and well done. I hope you will getting back to normal faster and no need antibiotic anymore. Eat healthy ,stay relax and positive. Good to hear .😁

thanks Miracle, hope you are well

DJ2010

I’ve been on many of the drugs you’ve been on. Not listed in my signature because I’ve been on so many. My Doctor will only change/discontinue one medication at a time. You’re doing multiple. Effexor and any benzodiazepine are very difficult medications to stop.

I was on Klonipin for awhile and my body went into withdrawals while I was taking it. The Doctor at the time added Xanax in addition to the Klonipin to combat the withdrawals. Then I went into full blown withdrawals even when I was taking both. Insomnia, wild anxiety and I felt so bad I couldn’t do anything. The doctors cut me off the Benzodiazepines completely. I endured 2 months of hell.

The withdrawals from Effexor lasted about 6 months. I was on 225mg and it wasn’t working for me. I was tapered by 37.5mg over a 2 month period while taking Lexapro. Same symptoms as coming off the Benzodiazepines but milder. Taking Lexapro when I was taken off the Effexor may have helped. I have always required a high dose of any medication I’ve been on. Probably because of the severity of my Bipolar and anxiety disorder. 

I just completed my withdrawals from Zyprexa which you can read about in my intro post. My withdrawals got the worst after 4 weeks of stopping Zyprexa. Insomnia sucks. I still have it but it’s slowly going away. I do take Trazodone (which I’ll stop soon) and CBD oil which I started early last week. Since I started the pure CBD oil (which Utah says is illegal), my sleep has gotten much better. I’ve actually had 5 nights in a row where I’ve fallen right asleep and have gotten a minimum of 7 hours of sleep. I don’t know for sure if it’s the CBD oil (20mg) or the Trazodone or if I’m getting better. Yesterday my Doctor suggested I wait a little longer before I stop taking the Trazodon and CBD oil and allow my body to recover from months of really bad insomnia. Then start tapering off the Trazodone first.

I’m not an expert. My experiences are different than most peoples. I just found this forum last week and wish I knew about it a long time ago. I’m not a real social person but I think I can help people who are going through their taper/withdrawals by sharing timelines I experienced and things that helped or didn’t help me. I’m also a realist. My mental heath is pretty bad. I think I’ll always have to take medication. However, I don’t want to ever take a true antipsychotic like Zyprexa again or Benzodiazepine and I want to take the minimum dose possible of whatever I take. 

Hang in there. Keep exercising and eating well. That has always worked the best for me. I’m a hypocrite when I say don’t trade one addiction for another. Benzodiazepines are bad. Prescription sleeping pills (like Ambien) are bad.  I do know what you’re going through. You’ll do anything to sleep. I swore in 2003 I’d never take another Benzodiazepine yet I went on Valium this year out of desperation. When they didn’t help I quit. 

I wish you luck

December 2017: Zyprexa (30mg)  Gabapentin (1800mg)  Wellbutrin (450mg) Lamicital (450mg)

Feb 2018: Gabapentin (1800mg)  Wellbutrin (450mg) Lamicital (450mg)

March 2018: Gabapentin (1800mg)  Wellbutrin (450mg) Valium (10mg) Ambien (10mg) Lamicital (450mg)

April 2018: Gabapentin (1800mg)  Wellbutrin (450mg) Lamicital (450mg) (Dropped Ambien, Valium no help)

May 2018:  Gabapentin (1800mg)  Wellbutrin (37.5mg)  Lamicital (450mg) Trazodone (150mg) CBD (20mg)

Present: Gabapentin (600mg)  Prazosin (10mg)  Lamicital  Trazodone (125mg)

1969 - Present: 80 Electro Convulsive Treatments, Medication changes (Too many drugs to list prior to Dec 2017) Klonipin/Xanax CT 2003

Wellbutrin Taper: Started approx  Apr 2018 450mg, 300mg, 225mg, 150mg, 112.5mg, 75mg, 37.5mg Held each dose approx 1 week per Doctor, June 5 2018 OFF WELLBUTRIN

Zyprexa Taper: Nov 2017 30mg, Dec 1 2017 20mg, Dec 11 2017 15mg, Dec 22 2017 10mg, Jan 3 2018 7.5mg, Jan 14 2018 5mg, Jan 25 2018 3.75mg, Feb 6 2018 2.5mg, Feb 16 2018, 1.25mg, Feb 25 2018 0.625mg, March 4 2018 OFF Zyprexa!!!!

Trazodone Taper: April 2018-150mg, May 25 2018-100mg, June 1 2018-50mg,  Bump June 2 2018-125mg HOLD

12 hours ago, Spideygsm said:

DJ2010

I’ve been on many of the drugs you’ve been on. Not listed in my signature because I’ve been on so many. My Doctor will only change/discontinue one medication at a time. You’re doing multiple. Effexor and any benzodiazepine are very difficult medications to stop.

I was on Klonipin for awhile and my body went into withdrawals while I was taking it. The Doctor at the time added Xanax in addition to the Klonipin to combat the withdrawals. Then I went into full blown withdrawals even when I was taking both. Insomnia, wild anxiety and I felt so bad I couldn’t do anything. The doctors cut me off the Benzodiazepines completely. I endured 2 months of hell.

The withdrawals from Effexor lasted about 6 months. I was on 225mg and it wasn’t working for me. I was tapered by 37.5mg over a 2 month period while taking Lexapro. Same symptoms as coming off the Benzodiazepines but milder. Taking Lexapro when I was taken off the Effexor may have helped. I have always required a high dose of any medication I’ve been on. Probably because of the severity of my Bipolar and anxiety disorder. 

I just completed my withdrawals from Zyprexa which you can read about in my intro post. My withdrawals got the worst after 4 weeks of stopping Zyprexa. Insomnia sucks. I still have it but it’s slowly going away. I do take Trazodone (which I’ll stop soon) and CBD oil which I started early last week. Since I started the pure CBD oil (which Utah says is illegal), my sleep has gotten much better. I’ve actually had 5 nights in a row where I’ve fallen right asleep and have gotten a minimum of 7 hours of sleep. I don’t know for sure if it’s the CBD oil (20mg) or the Trazodone or if I’m getting better. Yesterday my Doctor suggested I wait a little longer before I stop taking the Trazodon and CBD oil and allow my body to recover from months of really bad insomnia. Then start tapering off the Trazodone first.

I’m not an expert. My experiences are different than most peoples. I just found this forum last week and wish I knew about it a long time ago. I’m not a real social person but I think I can help people who are going through their taper/withdrawals by sharing timelines I experienced and things that helped or didn’t help me. I’m also a realist. My mental heath is pretty bad. I think I’ll always have to take medication. However, I don’t want to ever take a true antipsychotic like Zyprexa again or Benzodiazepine and I want to take the minimum dose possible of whatever I take. 

Hang in there. Keep exercising and eating well. That has always worked the best for me. I’m a hypocrite when I say don’t trade one addiction for another. Benzodiazepines are bad. Prescription sleeping pills (like Ambien) are bad.  I do know what you’re going through. You’ll do anything to sleep. I swore in 2003 I’d never take another Benzodiazepine yet I went on Valium this year out of desperation. When they didn’t help I quit. 

I wish you luck

yes it looks like you have been on many drugs for a long time similar to me, for some strange reason I found tapering all 4 drugs at the same time quite easy compared to previous attempts at just tapering seroquel alone which was extremely difficult (almost impossible), I am not sure why this is, its a mystery, anyway I obviously tapered to fast and 3 months later withdrawal hit,

still it was the best decision I ever made and feel like I have my life back, all withdrawal symptoms gone now except for early awakening which is not too much of a problem as I manage to crash off a lot of my work before the kids get up so gives me more time to myself during the day,

I was also using the CBD oil until last week when I think it went paradoxical on me, either that or I was going to go into a wave regardless, will probably try to start using it again soon,

I hope you manage to taper trazadon, if you follow all advice on this site then you will be fine, 

Thanks for the sound advice, I am trying to exercise and eat healthy as much as possible,

take good care

Have a look at this guy when your ready to build your strength DJ 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Have a look at this guy when your ready to build your strength DJ 

thanks for that he gives some good tips, be ideal if had him as a personal trainer, I was back at the gym and starting to build strength up a few weeks ago until went into that wave and then when was almost recovered from that had the antibiotic nightmare which still recovering from, lost around 3 - 4 kg over last few weeks,

appetite seems better today now off the antibiotics so been eating quite a lot of healthy stuff all day,

cheers

2 hours ago, dj2010 said:

thanks for that he gives some good tips, be ideal if had him as a personal trainer, I was back at the gym and starting to build strength up a few weeks ago until went into that wave and then when was almost recovered from that had the antibiotic nightmare which still recovering from, lost around 3 - 4 kg over last few weeks,

appetite seems better today now off the antibiotics so been eating quite a lot of healthy stuff all day,

cheers

He has a website ,he knows alot about nutrition.

Ye be careful our body's don't have the ability to bounce back from exercise like before so be patient and do small bits .

Having a bad wave today ,so funny a pensioner is after going mad at me walking in front of the a car at green light ,I went out because ide cabin fever ,I shouldn't of ,my brain is the tiredest that I can remember .I'm sitn in bed with acceptance lol.

Try eat without apitite .we need the nutrition .

Did you order your bloods .

Take care 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

13 hours ago, powerback said:

He has a website ,he knows alot about nutrition.

Ye be careful our body's don't have the ability to bounce back from exercise like before so be patient and do small bits .

Having a bad wave today ,so funny a pensioner is after going mad at me walking in front of the a car at green light ,I went out because ide cabin fever ,I shouldn't of ,my brain is the tiredest that I can remember .I'm sitn in bed with acceptance lol.

Try eat without apitite .we need the nutrition .

Did you order your bloods .

Take care 

Hi PB, sorry to hear you were in a wave, sounds lucky you didn't get flattened by the pensioners car, need be extra careful crossing roads when our minds are like this, its happened to me a few times also,

appetite is back now, Ive been taking probiotics and lots of natural and greek yogurt trying to build up my good bacteria that will have been wiped out from the antibiotics,

I went doctors a couple weeks ago and asked for the blood test, most of what I asked for had already been done at the end of march in my annual blood test so I got a print out and went through each result one by one and they were spot on, the other tests I asked for like cortisol and B vitamins etc I supposed to be having next Tuesday but I got a call yesterday from the doctors saying they cant do some of those tests there and I have to go to the main hospital so I am organising that today,

hope you are feeling better today, cheers

9 hours ago, dj2010 said:

Hi PB, sorry to hear you were in a wave, sounds lucky you didn't get flattened by the pensioners car, need be extra careful crossing roads when our minds are like this, its happened to me a few times also,

appetite is back now, Ive been taking probiotics and lots of natural and greek yogurt trying to build up my good bacteria that will have been wiped out from the antibiotics,

I went doctors a couple weeks ago and asked for the blood test, most of what I asked for had already been done at the end of march in my annual blood test so I got a print out and went through each result one by one and they were spot on, the other tests I asked for like cortisol and B vitamins etc I supposed to be having next Tuesday but I got a call yesterday from the doctors saying they cant do some of those tests there and I have to go to the main hospital so I am organising that today,

hope you are feeling better today, cheers

it was hilarious ,I laughed at him ,he was having a bad day ,the car was stationary and I was distracted by a screaming ambulance  .if it was an old lady he wouldn't of went like he did ,when people are like this they get away with what they think they can .there bad lights also so he was impatient and only a side road .

years ago I had a much more dangerous altercation ,3 lads go out of a car 😣.looking back it was to do with the meds messing with my temperament .thankfully nothing happened .oh if they only got to see our side of the coin .

Good your appetite is back .

I was reading about the proper way to do cortisol tests is every 4 hours on saliva strips .but we know by our system if stress is bad .

sadly I'm in a wave  and it looks like it will be for the wedding tomorrow but ile use all my tools and do my best and float through it .I wont see 90% of them again for years so that's fine .to this crowd I've been to mars so itl be full of questions lol.

Take care and be well .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi PB,

what happened with car crossing the road?

he had a bad day,

Did you get a part time job? how many days? hours?

I also find it helps going for short walks out and light exercise. helps with the mood,

Right now I can manage 4-5 hours of sleep.I wake up at 3am and I fix some things at home  to distract myself and get back to sleep.

Take care

2011 protracted withdrawal symptoms from Effexor, managed to come off
2013-2015  risperidone consta 50 mg, started tapering from March 2015 to 1,66mg/day and from 02/2015 started seroxat 10mg/day

01/17 Seroxat 2,0mg,olanzapine 5mg,risperidone consta 25mg/every 15days

05/17 Seroxat 1mg,olanzapine 5mg,risp.consta 25mg/every 15days

06/17 Seroxat 2drops,olanzapine 5mg,liquid risperidone2mg

07/17 Seroxat 1 drop,olanzapine 5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 10/17 Seroxat 0mg,olanzapine,5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 12/17 Seroxat 1/2 drop, olanzapine 5mg,  04/18 Olanzapine 1,25mg, 04/18 xanax 0,5mg

24/06/2019 doc said to take 10mg olanzapine for 13days and down to 5mg
 been taking 10mg for 14 days, 5mg for 8 days  and  tapered to  3/4quart. 5mg  for 14 days, 1/2 for 14 days,

01/08/19 2,5mg

08/2021 5mg olanzapine

Supplements Omega 3, Turmeric, Bacopa monneri, Mucuna Pruriens

2 hours ago, powerback said:

it was hilarious ,I laughed at him ,he was having a bad day ,the car was stationary and I was distracted by a screaming ambulance  .if it was an old lady he wouldn't of went like he did ,when people are like this they get away with what they think they can .there bad lights also so he was impatient and only a side road .

years ago I had a much more dangerous altercation ,3 lads go out of a car 😣.looking back it was to do with the meds messing with my temperament .thankfully nothing happened .oh if they only got to see our side of the coin .

I was reading about the proper way to do cortisol tests is every 4 hours on saliva strips .but we know by our system if stress is bad .

sadly I'm in a wave  and it looks like it will be for the wedding tomorrow but ile use all my tools and do my best and float through it .I wont see 90% of them again for years so that's fine .to this crowd I've been to mars so itl be full of questions lol.

Take care and be well .

Hi PB,

what happened with car crossing the road?

he had a bad day,

Did you get a part time job? how many days? hours?

I also find it helps going for short walks out and light exercise. helps with the mood,

Right now I can manage 4-5 hours of sleep.I wake up at 3am and I fix some things at home  to distract myself and get back to sleep.

Take care 

2011 protracted withdrawal symptoms from Effexor, managed to come off
2013-2015  risperidone consta 50 mg, started tapering from March 2015 to 1,66mg/day and from 02/2015 started seroxat 10mg/day

01/17 Seroxat 2,0mg,olanzapine 5mg,risperidone consta 25mg/every 15days

05/17 Seroxat 1mg,olanzapine 5mg,risp.consta 25mg/every 15days

06/17 Seroxat 2drops,olanzapine 5mg,liquid risperidone2mg

07/17 Seroxat 1 drop,olanzapine 5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 10/17 Seroxat 0mg,olanzapine,5mg,Risperidone 0mg, 12/17 Seroxat 1/2 drop, olanzapine 5mg,  04/18 Olanzapine 1,25mg, 04/18 xanax 0,5mg

24/06/2019 doc said to take 10mg olanzapine for 13days and down to 5mg
 been taking 10mg for 14 days, 5mg for 8 days  and  tapered to  3/4quart. 5mg  for 14 days, 1/2 for 14 days,

01/08/19 2,5mg

08/2021 5mg olanzapine

Supplements Omega 3, Turmeric, Bacopa monneri, Mucuna Pruriens

• Administrator

Hi, dj, how are your withdrawal-related symptoms?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

13 hours ago, powerback said:

Take care and be well .

hi PB, that sounds like it could of ended badly, its amazing how much the meds alter our temperament, I was a complete nightmare on them,

thats interesting about cortisol, I will mention this when I go,

sorry to hear you are in a wave, you are very brave going while in a wave, I wish you all the best for today, I am sure you will come out of it stronger,

take care

5 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Hi, dj, how are your withdrawal-related symptoms?

Hi Alto,

all withdrawal symptoms seem to have passed now except mild insomnia however I am not sure if it can be classed as insomnia anymore as it has much improved and I usually get at least 6 1/2 hours sleep a night (last night got well over 7) have no problem getting asleep now but usually wake up 1 or 2 times a night, I occasionally get mild tinnitus at night but this is rare and passes quick,

I did go into a wave for a few days a couple weeks ago but I think this was from taking too much CBD oil and it went paradoxical on me, and also had to take antibiotics which impacted my sleep and made me very nauseas and lost quite a lot of weight on them as couldn't eat much, been off them a few days now and now feel recovered from them,

overall I am extremely happy with my progress and feel quite close to a full recovery, life is 1000% times better off drugs and I feel blessed and am now making the most of it,

thanks for all you have done, I doubt I would be where I am today without the advice from this wesbite

take care

2 hours ago, dj2010 said:

hi PB, that sounds like it could of ended badly, its amazing how much the meds alter our temperament, I was a complete nightmare on them,

thats interesting about cortisol, I will mention this when I go,

sorry to hear you are in a wave, you are very brave going while in a wave, I wish you all the best for today, I am sure you will come out of it stronger,

take care

Sound DJ thanks ,ye its the last thing I need in this wave ,my mind is running wild .the groom wouldn't be this nervous today .my heart is racing all week .it doesn't help its my peer group .they wont recognise this sober person lol.i got a better sleep than I thought I was going to get .ile be home tomorrow and its a bank holiday. Since withdrawl  started I haven't been around loud music so when it comes to 9pm and there all  on there way to drunk land ile slip away to my room and destress.

Even conversations will be taxing on me .

Keep up your good work my friend  .

Take care. 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Sound DJ thanks ,ye its the last thing I need in this wave ,my mind is running wild .the groom wouldn't be this nervous today .my heart is racing all week .it doesn't help its my peer group .they wont recognise this sober person lol.i got a better sleep than I thought I was going to get .ile be home tomorrow and its a bank holiday. Since withdrawl  started I haven't been around loud music so when it comes to 9pm and there all  on there way to drunk land ile slip away to my room and destress.

Even conversations will be taxing on me .

Keep up your good work my friend  .

Take care. 

this will certainly be a big achievement, will also be strange being the sober one watching everyone intoxicated, I am sure it will further put you off ever having a drink again,

yeh get away once the loud music and all the antics start,

taking the kids to watch the new han solo movie shortly, been looking forward to this one for a while,

have a good one

• 2 weeks later...

Update: 14 months off venlafaxine and approx 15 - 16 months off seroquel 

day after my last monthly update I went into a wave, think it may be because i took a extra drop of CBD oil and it went paradoxical on me, tried less the next night and still couldn't sleep so stopped using it at night, tried again a few nights later and same thing happened, I am still using CBD oil mid day,

Wave lasted a few days, when I recovered from that i had to go on antibiotics due to a abscess, the worrying about having a adverse reaction made me not sleep and quite ill, anyway I didnt have any reaction but they made me feel nauseous and I lost quite bit of weight from not eating, they did have a negative impact on sleep also but not to bad,

so the 1st 2 weeks of the last month were quite bad, after finished antibiotics I quickly recovered and have been in a window since 

so the last 2 weeks have been mostly good and i have regularly been getting 7 hours sleep, do not have any other symptoms so overall I am still very happy with my progress, still doing a lot of walking (usually 2 hours or more a day in total) and some jogging and doing light weights also, eating quite healthy etc

thanks for reading

• Moderator Emeritus

That’s great dj that you’re getting windows,

You sound like you’re doing really well. 

It gives one hope that we will heal, isn’t it? You’re doing so great being off those meds for over a year.  I’m a bit braindead to read more of your thread at the moment but in your signature you said you tapered what you thought was a slow taper. How much did u taper by?

It’s great you’re sleeping well.

All the best xx

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

23 hours ago, Carmie said:

That’s great dj that you’re getting windows,

You sound like you’re doing really well. 

It gives one hope that we will heal, isn’t it? You’re doing so great being off those meds for over a year.  I’m a bit braindead to read more of your thread at the moment but in your signature you said you tapered what you thought was a slow taper. How much did u taper by?

It’s great you’re sleeping well.

All the best xx

Hi Carmie, thanks for stopping by my thread,

yes having some nice long windows (some are a few months long) but unfortunately been in a nasty wave now since early last week, was under a lot a stress last week (non withdrawal related) and it has totally knocked my sleep, still under stress and struggling to find a way to solve the stressful problems I am faced with although i am now starting to put together a game plan,

sleep has been getting worse and worse over the last week, had to use sleep aids now for the last 5 nights in a row which I don't think I have needed to do since the very early months of withdrawal, last night I honestly thought I would break out of it and get a good night but sleep never came,

I am remaining positive and pretty sure I will snap out of this wave soon and back into another long window, 

regarding my taper it was very reckless as I knew no better back then, I tapered 4 drugs at the same time, I would taper 1 drug and when I stabilised I would taper another drug and so on etc, if my sleep was bad I would taper a non sedating drug, if sleep was good I would taper seroquel etc, I tapered all 4 drugs over the space of almost a year, obviously if I would of found this site I would of gone slower but in a way I am also glad I didn't find this site because if i would of followed the 10% rule tapering 1 drug at a time then I would of probably been tapering for the next 15 years as I was on so many drugs at quite high doses, 

hope you are well, I will stop by your thread when I am feeling a little better, the sun is out so I am going to force myself on a long walk down the beach, hopefully I wont collapse lol

take care

Sorry to hear about this wave DJ ,you'll get past it that's a gaurentee for sure .

Fairly exauasted and weak myself ,I finally fixed the shower and put new fittings up ,so funny the smallest things are big these days .I need to stop myself building fitted warbrodes ,itl over tax my poor brain lol.

Take care my friend and use all the tools you've developed .

Be safe .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

20 hours ago, powerback said:

Sorry to hear about this wave DJ ,you'll get past it that's a gaurentee for sure .

Fairly exauasted and weak myself ,I finally fixed the shower and put new fittings up ,so funny the smallest things are big these days .I need to stop myself building fitted warbrodes ,itl over tax my poor brain lol.

Take care my friend and use all the tools you've developed .

Be safe .

good morning PB, slept a bit better last night although still had to use melatonin to initially get to sleep, woke at 2am but managed to get back to sleep so that is promising and a sign that coming out of the wave, feel unusually calm today which is nice as been stressed for over a week now,

missed my sons race last night, was racing against other schools but it was quite a drive away and I was just too weak to attend,

going to spend today building my appetite back up, its amazing how much weight I can lose in 1 week when im in a wave, its raining today but I have the urge to go out and walk in it,

sorry to hear you are also feeling weak however its good that managed to get the shower fixed, I know you have been meaning to do that for a while now, yes need to make sure dont stress your body and brain and over do it,

thanks for your support its truly appreciated,

take care

safe to say out of that wave now, got almost 8 hours of restorative sleep, woke up feeling fresh and full of life, done some weights this morning and going for long walk in sun shortly,

its difficult imagining ever feeling good again when in a nasty wave

10 hours ago, dj2010 said:

safe to say out of that wave now, got almost 8 hours of restorative sleep, woke up feeling fresh and full of life, done some weights this morning and going for long walk in sun shortly,

💪👍 may it last forever and always .brilliant .

Enjoy your weekend.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus

14 hours ago, dj2010 said:

Hi dj, 

Thanks for dropping by my thread. I’m so glad you’re in a window again. Time for you to make some happy memories, so if you end up in a wave again you’ll have happy things to look back on. It’s great that some of your windows have been months long. It helps us to see we are recovering and we will recover.

I hope your game plan to help a stressful situation worked out for you. Amazing how any kind of stress can make withdrawals worse. It’s best to try and keep our nervous systems as calm as possible. Not always doable as sometimes major things come up that can throw us off balance for a while.

I’m so sorry you tapered quite a few meds so quickly. If only doctors knew something about tapering. We can only do better when we know better. I always think though, there’s no use getting upset over the past. We can’t change it and getting frustrated with it just makes us more stressed. 

All we we can do is to live in this very moment and do the best we can to get through the day, and look forward to a permanent window. 

I know what you mean about it being difficult seeing windows when you’re in a wave, but they always seem to come eventually. Lots of patience needed in this process.

Hope you enjoyed your long walk in the sun☀️💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• 2 weeks later...

just had my 1st hyperbaric oxygen therapy session this morning, it was horrible but it went ok in the end, I went in very nervous worried I would have some sort of reaction, after about 15 minutes in the chamber I felt a panic attack coming on and I was beginning to hyperventilate, my fingers started to cramp up, I asked for the fan on which helped a bit, a old guy next to me noticed I was hyperventilating and wrote on a notepad to relax and breath normally, I made a big effort to breath normally and it worked after a few minutes I was starting to calm, I know next time I just have to go in and breath like normal,

was in the chamber for 1 and half hours in total, feeling really tired now but it is probably from the long drive, it apparently takes at least 8 sessions until any healing happens, it is run by a non profit charity and costs only £20 a session, this treatment usually costs around £10,000 for a full course so I am getting a bargain, if this treatment did not work then i am sure the charity would of stopped it a long time ago, the charity have been running now for over 20 years, some of the other people in the chamber who have had quite a few sessions were saying how much it is helping them, they treat a lot of people who have brain damage and recovering from drug addition etc

Im not expecting miracles but I am sure it will benefit me in some way, I have another session tomorrow morning, will keep updating,

34 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

was in the chamber for 1 and half hours in total, feeling really tired now but it is probably from the long drive,

just googled why feeling so tired and apparently its normal, also was super hungry and had to stop for food after and that is also normal apparently:

1) Does HBOT make you tired? Absolutely. It will make you extremely tired, as if you ran a marathon. Most patients take a "hyperbaric nap" after their treatment and then sleep well again in the evening often reestablishing their REM sleep patterns. 

2) Is it normal that you feel really hungry? Yes. Your body is re-building pathways, generating new blood vessels, growing tissue, etc. I am not sure that is why but it makes sense to me. Either way, yes you will be very hungry and need to eat, especially right after your treatment. It is very important to eat fruit or something along those lines immediately following your treatment. That will also help to prevent those annoying little headaches that can sometime crop up.

This charity is amazing DJ but you need to take stock and sit back and see how far you've come ,you said it yourself you were panicking so this part of your brain / recovery is still on going.

A panic attack was rumbling in me when I was getting a haircut 10 days ago ,it was packed and I was so self conscious ,I was falling asleep getting it cut from preventing the attack but it's was a nice haircut in the end and glad of getting the ditch off my head in this heat .

Best of luck going forward with your sessions .

Take care my friend .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

feeling quite low today, I changed Saturdays hyperbaric oxygen treatment session to today as didn't want to do 2 days in a row, drove for over a hour to the session this morning and the treatment was about to start but I was feeling panicky again and was getting worried that I would not last the 1 and half hours in the chamber and it would have to be stopped and ruined for everyone else inside, got even more panicky and just as the chamber door was about to be locked I asked to get out, so going to leave this treatment for now and try again in a few months time, next time im going to book the whole chamber to myself for the 1st few times,

not sure why feeling so panicky in the chamber as not had much anxiety or panic during my whole withdrawal experience and the treatment is very safe, it must be because locked in with a oxygen mask strapped to head and its not something you can just get out of, if have a panic attack in there the chamber has to be decompressed etc which takes quite a bit of time