Jump to content
dj2010

dj2010: off all meds for 3 months and been fine now bad insomnia

Recommended Posts

Igor1287

dj2010

 

How much turmeric capsules you took while tapering?

Share this post


Link to post
dj2010
1 minute ago, Igor1287 said:

dj2010

 

How much turmeric capsules you took while tapering?

hi, 500mg capsules twice a day

Share this post


Link to post
Igor1287

thanks, dj2010

Share this post


Link to post
powerback
5 hours ago, dj2010 said:

feeling quite low today, I changed Saturdays hyperbaric oxygen treatment session to today as didn't want to do 2 days in a row, drove for over a hour to the session this morning and the treatment was about to start but I was feeling panicky again and was getting worried that I would not last the 1 and half hours in the chamber and it would have to be stopped and ruined for everyone else inside, got even more panicky and just as the chamber door was about to be locked I asked to get out, so going to leave this treatment for now and try again in a few months time, next time im going to book the whole chamber to myself for the 1st few times,

 

not sure why feeling so panicky in the chamber as not had much anxiety or panic during my whole withdrawal experience and the treatment is very safe, it must be because locked in with a oxygen mask strapped to head and its not something you can just get out of, if have a panic attack in there the chamber has to be decompressed etc which takes quite a bit of time

You made the best choice DJ .as I said before take stock and be grateful for how far you've come for now .even being able to drive for an hour is pretty good .but I'm using my case as a barometer and that's just ridiculous lol.

Keep at reducing your stress and be mindful of what's worth even worrying about in life .

Don't sit around thinking why too much ,get yourself anice walk in .

Take care .

Maybe the panic is in your subconscious over England lifting the world cup 😁.

Best of luck with it .

Share this post


Link to post
Altostrata
On 8/4/2017 at 5:56 AM, dj2010 said:

....

 

also i have been meditating 3 times a day using www.headspace.com, there are special meditation courses on there for sleep and anxiety etc, also depression and stress, its worth a look, I was always told by therapists to try meditation but always looked down on it thinking it wouldn't work for me,

 

now when my mind is overthinking I have learnt to brush aside the thoughts and focus on my breathing etc, its really working, when i wake up in the middle of the night instead of overthinking and worrying then not sleeping I can now use the techniques learnt from meditation and quickly get back so sleep, also getting to sleep is much easier using the techniques learnt,

 

...

 

dj, what happened to your meditation practice? You were making excellent progress with it.

 

Deep, meditative breathing sounds perfect for that situation, where you might otherwise look forward to the treatment.

Share this post


Link to post
dj2010
14 hours ago, powerback said:

You made the best choice DJ .as I said before take stock and be grateful for how far you've come for now .even being able to drive for an hour is pretty good .but I'm using my case as a barometer and that's just ridiculous lol.

Keep at reducing your stress and be mindful of what's worth even worrying about in life .

Don't sit around thinking why too much ,get yourself anice walk in .

Take care .

Maybe the panic is in your subconscious over England lifting the world cup 😁.

Best of luck with it .

 

thanks PB, I am grateful in a way but still frustrated with how long its taking, stress is getting easier to handle but there has been too much of it lately and it keeps putting me into waves, yeh England getting very close now, be watching it tonight,

 

going to get a nice swim in this morning

 

hope you are better today

Share this post


Link to post
dj2010
9 hours ago, Altostrata said:

 

dj, what happened to your meditation practice? You were making excellent progress with it.

 

Deep, meditative breathing sounds perfect for that situation, where you might otherwise look forward to the treatment.

 

hi Alto, yes yesterday would of been the perfect opportunity to use my meditation practice, I will brush up on my skills and use it when try the treatment again in a couple months, I should of really cancelled yesterday anyway as I did not sleep good the night before so was not feeling very good to start with,

 

im pretty sure this treatment will benefit me a lot, after Fridays session my eyesight was very clear, I went to watch my sons swimming lesson and could clearly see him when he was at the far side of the pool where usually i have to use the camera on my phone to zoom in and watch him that way, oxygen is able to get to places in the eyes/brain and body it cant normally get to,

 

take care

Share this post


Link to post
dj2010

Update: 15 months off venlafaxine and approx 16 - 17 months off seroquel 

 

this month has been more unstable than I would of liked, been quite a few waves but they have all been caused by life stresses, a few big stressors also which would effect normal non withdrawal people, I have quite a lot going on at the moment, I tend to take too many projects on when in windows and then get overwhelmed,

 

so waves now are no longer appearing for no reason at least like in early months, 

 

also I have not had any head pressure now for a couple of months so that is 1 big positive and shows further healing

 

still there has been some nice long windows this month and I make the most out of them when in them, the Sunday before last it was a very hot day and I bought the kids inflatable dingys and we drove up to devils bridge and went swimming in the lake, it was the most refreshing swim ever had, I was in a great mood as slept great the night before so was a fantastic day, me and my

son swam all the way down the river, heres a picture I took

 

devilsbridge.thumb.jpg.b576bf2cc7254f5999b726bf986f1900.jpg

 

I never used to appreciate natural beauty before when I was drugged, I didnt appreciate anything as had no feelings, now I love visiting places like this and been out in nature, 

 

thats another positive i am back swimming almost every day, haven't been able to for many months as I got swimmers knee but now knee seems ok, going for a swim after this update,

 

hoping this next month is going to be more stable, 

 

thanks for reading

Share this post


Link to post
Carmie

Beautiful photo dj,

 

Yes Im a massive photography fan too, 

 

Im really sorry you’ve been having waves, but it warms my heart so much that you are enjoying nature. There really isn’t anything better than nature.

 

Glad you’ve had long windows. I say make the most of them,then you have lots of happy memories to look back on. Keep taking  those photos too as they will make u smile when u look at them. 

 

Enjoy your swims.

 

Sending you hugs🤗

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
dj2010
2 hours ago, Carmie said:

Beautiful photo dj,

 

Yes Im a massive photography fan too, 

 

Im really sorry you’ve been having waves, but it warms my heart so much that you are enjoying nature. There really isn’t anything better than nature.

 

Glad you’ve had long windows. I say make the most of them,then you have lots of happy memories to look back on. Keep taking  those photos too as they will make u smile when u look at them. 

 

Enjoy your swims.

 

Sending you hugs🤗

 

 

 

thanks Carmie, yes I take many photographs every where I visit now, nothing more relaxing than being out in nature,

 

hope you are keeping well, take care

Share this post


Link to post
Carmie
6 hours ago, dj2010 said:

 

thanks Carmie, yes I take many photographs every where I visit now, nothing more relaxing than being out in nature,

 

hope you are keeping well, take care

 

 

Thats great to hear DJ,

 

Keep snapping away. I had beautiful photo opportunities on the weekend too, I went to a dam, a waterfall, a creek, rainforest etc. Snap! Snap! Snap! Nature is the best! I love the sound of running water, it’s so tranquil.

 

Sending hugs🤗

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
dj2010

ok since I had that 1 hyperbaric oxygen therapy session over a week ago my sleep has just been getting worse and worse, I am now waking up every hour, god knows that it did to me but this is not good and I am afraid I have done some big damage

Share this post


Link to post
Miracle123
On 7/10/2018 at 6:16 PM, dj2010 said:

feeling quite low today, I changed Saturdays hyperbaric oxygen treatment session to today as didn't want to do 2 days in a row, drove for over a hour to the session this morning and the treatment was about to start but I was feeling panicky again and was getting worried that I would not last the 1 and half hours in the chamber and it would have to be stopped and ruined for everyone else inside, got even more panicky and just as the chamber door was about to be locked I asked to get out, so going to leave this treatment for now and try again in a few months time, next time im going to book the whole chamber to myself for the 1st few times,

 

not sure why feeling so panicky in the chamber as not had much anxiety or panic during my whole withdrawal experience and the treatment is very safe, it must be because locked in with a oxygen mask strapped to head and its not something you can just get out of, if have a panic attack in there the chamber has to be decompressed etc which takes quite a bit of time

Hi Dj,  How are you recently?Maybe for me .....i think i will be more panic and nervous lock inside chamber with oxygen mask . Its a normal reaction for me and some more lock inside for 1 1/2hrs.....really long treatment.Better get prepared for yourself in your next treatment when you get ready. Hope you doing well and take care.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Miracle123

 

1 hour ago, dj2010 said:

ok since I had that 1 hyperbaric oxygen therapy session over a week ago my sleep has just been getting worse and worse, I am now waking up every hour, god knows that it did to me but this is not good and I am afraid I have done some big damage

Hi Dj, Dont too stress for yourself and dont over worry. im believe you will be back to your baseline and get back your sleep as per last time. At least you got improvement in your latest updated which is a good sign of healing for you. im happy to hear that. Believe yourself ....you done so well and you can healing.Sometimes these on and off waves is really disturbing and upset but you can get back on yourself.Please stay relax, enjoy your life with family and eat healthy. Stay away from stressful and tension....this really effected your emotion and mood. I hope i can hear more about your recovery updated and hope you all the best and well. Thanks for your beautiful photo. Take care.

 

Share this post


Link to post
dj2010
4 hours ago, Miracle123 said:

 

Hi Dj, Dont too stress for yourself and dont over worry. im believe you will be back to your baseline and get back your sleep as per last time. At least you got improvement in your latest updated which is a good sign of healing for you. im happy to hear that. Believe yourself ....you done so well and you can healing.Sometimes these on and off waves is really disturbing and upset but you can get back on yourself.Please stay relax, enjoy your life with family and eat healthy. Stay away from stressful and tension....this really effected your emotion and mood. I hope i can hear more about your recovery updated and hope you all the best and well. Thanks for your beautiful photo. Take care.

 

Thanks miracle but I think I might have pushed my luck too many times now, I’ve only myself to blame for the constant experimenting, in a complete mess today,

 

Learn from my mistakes, 

 

take care

Share this post


Link to post
Miracle123
2 hours ago, dj2010 said:

Thanks miracle but I think I might have pushed my luck too many times now, I’ve only myself to blame for the constant experimenting, in a complete mess today,

 

Learn from my mistakes, 

 

take care

We are same boat Dj....try and error to get some relief to feel better. Dont blame for yourself. Take care.

Share this post


Link to post
dj2010

slept ok Saturday night and slept good last night at over 7 1/2 hours so looks like recovering from the hyperbaric oxygen session, I will not be taking anymore risks now, PB tried to warn me the oxygen therapy was putting too much at risk and I should of listened, also stopped all supplements now except magnesium, looking back things have been much more unstable the last few months since I have been taking more supplements, i have a funny feeling fish oil has been causing problems, i could not tolerate it at all last year, I thought I could now tolerate it but maybe its been causing instability with my sleep so I will stick to just magnesium for a while and see how it goes,

Share this post


Link to post
jonnypeters1234567

Hi Dj,

 

What was your first cold turkey like back in 2009?

 

Did you go through withdrawal whilst in thailand? I bet that was mad!

Share this post


Link to post
dj2010
49 minutes ago, jonnypeters1234567 said:

Hi Dj,

 

What was your first cold turkey like back in 2009?

 

Did you go through withdrawal whilst in thailand? I bet that was mad!

 

Hi johnny

 

yes was forced to go cold turkey while in Thailand, after 1 year there my UK doctor changed and the new doctor refused to give my meds to my mum and said because was not in country could no longer have them, my mum used to ship them over to me, I could not get venlafaxine in thailand so had no choice, I could get my seroquel, proponolol and benozos there,

 

withdrawal was hell and I was very ill for 2 years over there, although I did not know it was withdrawals at the time as thought they only lasted a month and did not know about this site, I wasnt sure what was happening to me, I had to massively up my seroquel and take a lot of zanex to cope,

 

I made it through it all and now been drug free since April 2017 and enjoying life again

Share this post


Link to post
jonnypeters1234567

Well done, great achievement and shows great strength

 

Do you think the tumeric is helping? I guess you do otherwise you wouldn't take it!

Share this post


Link to post
dj2010
1 minute ago, jonnypeters1234567 said:

Well done, great achievement and shows great strength

 

Do you think the tumeric is helping? I guess you do otherwise you wouldn't take it!

 

thank you, I feel it helped me during my taper but i have not really been taking it now for around 6 months as I was starting to get a burning sensation in my chest and think too much turmeric was contributing, chest is fine now and might start the turmeric again soon

Share this post


Link to post
dj2010

quick update, just back from a gruelling gym session, been properly hitting the gym over the last week and half, running quite long distances on the treadmill and lifting heavy weights, im determined to get back into the shape i was during my boxing days many years ago and not going to let withdrawal stand in my way,

 

been having some quite good sleeps over the last week and half but also some bad ones and had to use melatonin and antihistamines on a few occasions,

 

this new intense fitness regime has not been making my sleep any worse, I am hoping it will speed up my recovery,

 

kids off school at moment and been doing a lot of swimming with them, heading down to the pool shortly

 

1 thing that has been very noticeable over the last month is I have been able to have conversations with people more easily, I have bumped into a few people from the past and had half decent conversations, usually it is very uncomfortable and I cant think what to say, I start fumbling and it becomes very awkward, they usually look at me funny and say anyway it was nice seeing you and walk away, so I am now not avoiding people as much

 

take care everyone

Share this post


Link to post
powerback
5 hours ago, dj2010 said:

quick update, just back from a gruelling gym session, been properly hitting the gym over the last week and half, running quite long distances on the treadmill and lifting heavy weights, im determined to get back into the shape i was during my boxing days many years ago and not going to let withdrawal stand in my way,

 

been having some quite good sleeps over the last week and half but also some bad ones and had to use melatonin and antihistamines on a few occasions,

 

this new intense fitness regime has not been making my sleep any worse, I am hoping it will speed up my recovery,

 

kids off school at moment and been doing a lot of swimming with them, heading down to the pool shortly

 

1 thing that has been very noticeable over the last month is I have been able to have conversations with people more easily, I have bumped into a few people from the past and had half decent conversations, usually it is very uncomfortable and I cant think what to say, I start fumbling and it becomes very awkward, they usually look at me funny and say anyway it was nice seeing you and walk away, so I am now not avoiding people as much

 

take care everyone

Brilliant DJ👍.

I personally think doing this much will snap back at you ,so you are going to have to disipline yourself .weights one day and a good walk the next .

Good on you with the conversation and being comfortable .

Kudos my friend .

Take care .

Share this post


Link to post
Athena

Hey DJ,

 

You seem to be doing very well, that is awesome! So no more insomnia huh?

 

Mine is still pretty bad and I'm thinking of trying CBD tincture. I know you stopped using it but I remember it had helped you before for insomnia right? Were you taking the CBD oil or the CBD tincture?

 

Thank, take good care,

 

Athena

Share this post


Link to post
dj2010
20 hours ago, powerback said:

Brilliant DJ👍.

I personally think doing this much will snap back at you ,so you are going to have to disipline yourself .weights one day and a good walk the next .

Good on you with the conversation and being comfortable .

Kudos my friend .

Take care .

 

thanks PB, you are usually right about these things so I will watch myself carefully, just been for a long walk this morning and thats all im going to do today, mother got kids for the whole day so going to relax,

 

take care

Share this post


Link to post
dj2010
17 hours ago, Athena said:

Hey DJ,

 

You seem to be doing very well, that is awesome! So no more insomnia huh?

 

Mine is still pretty bad and I'm thinking of trying CBD tincture. I know you stopped using it but I remember it had helped you before for insomnia right? Were you taking the CBD oil or the CBD tincture?

 

Thank, take good care,

 

Athena

 

hi Athena,

 

Thanks for stopping by, unfortunately the insomnia still persists but its not like it was in the early months of withdrawal, it is manageable now and most nights I get enough sleep, usually get over 6 hours but there is usually wake ups, get quite a few 7 hours and occasional 8 hours, I think my sleep problems are not going away any time soon, been having to use melatonin and antihistamines on more occasions than i would like recently, 

 

how many hours are you getting a night now? yes CBD oil was working good for quite a while but then out of the blue it went paradoxical on me one night, god knows why, I might try it again soon, CBD oil and tincture are the same, if you are using CBD oil for sleep you are best finding a indica strand of oil and make sure it is full spectrum and make sure start extremely slow with just 1 drop, when I first tried CBD oil in the early months of withdrawal I took to much and had a huge reaction and panic attack, it messed me up for weeks,

 

I must of tried every supplement and Ive tried hyperbaric oxygen therapy, ive come to the conclusion now that there is nothing that will fix withdrawal insomnia, some things might work for a while but they always stop working, the only thing that will fix it is time and self care, of course some things do help like epsom salt baths and lavender oil etc etc

 

take care

 

Share this post


Link to post
Spideygsm

DJ

 

Great job. I think exercise has helped me the most. My doctor told me during my withdrawals exercise is the best thing to do. Speeds up the brain recovery too. When I told her it was helping, she said to exercise more. 

 

Glad your feeling better. Don’t stop the exercise. It’s always good for you. 

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Miracle123
On 8/2/2018 at 5:41 PM, dj2010 said:

quick update, just back from a gruelling gym session, been properly hitting the gym over the last week and half, running quite long distances on the treadmill and lifting heavy weights, im determined to get back into the shape i was during my boxing days many years ago and not going to let withdrawal stand in my way,

 

been having some quite good sleeps over the last week and half but also some bad ones and had to use melatonin and antihistamines on a few occasions,

 

this new intense fitness regime has not been making my sleep any worse, I am hoping it will speed up my recovery,

 

kids off school at moment and been doing a lot of swimming with them, heading down to the pool shortly

 

1 thing that has been very noticeable over the last month is I have been able to have conversations with people more easily, I have bumped into a few people from the past and had half decent conversations, usually it is very uncomfortable and I cant think what to say, I start fumbling and it becomes very awkward, they usually look at me funny and say anyway it was nice seeing you and walk away, so I am now not avoiding people as much

 

take care everyone

Hi Dj, im glad and happy you have such a positive improvement. For me im still dealing with insomnia for these over 1 weeks with sleep less than 2 to 4 hrs per night. me too ....i took melatonin and anti histamines more frequently. I hope you sleep will back to your baseline soon.

i have too conversations problem and feeling no confidence to meet and talk with poeples. At least now you have no problem to meet and dealing with peoples give me hope i also can recovered like you. I hope you will getting more better in your healing and get back to your ownself back. Take care.

 

Share this post


Link to post
dj2010
1 hour ago, Miracle123 said:

Hi Dj, im glad and happy you have such a positive improvement. For me im still dealing with insomnia for these over 1 weeks with sleep less than 2 to 4 hrs per night. me too ....i took melatonin and anti histamines more frequently. I hope you sleep will back to your baseline soon.

i have too conversations problem and feeling no confidence to meet and talk with poeples. At least now you have no problem to meet and dealing with peoples give me hope i also can recovered like you. I hope you will getting more better in your healing and get back to your ownself back. Take care.

 

 

hi Miracle, thanks for stopping by, sorry to hear your insomnia is playing up, 2 - 4 hours for a week is like torture, I pray you are back into a window soon

 

yes my conversation is still not perfect but much improved, I am sure it will be back to normal with time and yours will too,

 

slept ok but not great last night, got 6 1/2 hours waking a few time but feel great great for some reason so going for a run on beach and then going to take the family for a day out to the sea life center to see the sharks,

 

I am sure your sleep will be back to baseline soon, just stay strong

 

take care

Share this post


Link to post
Miracle123
4 hours ago, dj2010 said:

slept ok but not great last night, got 6 1/2 hourswaking a few time but feel great great for some reasonso going for a run on beach and then going to take thefamily for a day out to the sea life center to see thesharks,

Thats was great Dj. During this summer you can enjoy with famiy which is good and sweet movement for you. i really love spending my time with my family too.i hope you enjoy so much in this summer with  a lots of joyful and happiness. Eat heathly and stay relax. Take care.

 

Share this post


Link to post
powerback
On 8/3/2018 at 12:33 PM, dj2010 said:

 

thanks PB, you are usually right about these things so I will watch myself carefully, just been for a long walk this morning and thats all im going to do today, mother got kids for the whole day so going to relax,

 

take care

Follow some strength trainers ,ide say this is what you want rather than loads of cardio.

Be careful with too much cardio ,I read it can reduce strength .go for nice walks rather than pounding the tredmill for an hour.  

Strength sensei.com is good place to look .

I watched a talk on ketosis and the man talked about looking at people in the gym killing themselves on treadmills and he would ask them whey are you doing that to yourself ,there answer is usually because they love food .

He simply said well then stop eating all the food .

Such a simple statement but very true.e everything comes back to what we eat .

Bought myself the best qaulity venison sausage yesterday and I didnt even care about the price because years ago it was wasted on drink .I was chuffed lol.

Take care .

Share this post


Link to post
dj2010
19 hours ago, Miracle123 said:

Thats was great Dj. During this summer you can enjoy with famiy which is good and sweet movement for you. i really love spending my time with my family too.i hope you enjoy so much in this summer with  a lots of joyful and happiness. Eat heathly and stay relax. Take care.

 

 

thanks Miracle, yes nothing better than spending time with family,

 

hope you are well today

Share this post


Link to post
dj2010
19 hours ago, powerback said:

Follow some strength trainers ,ide say this is what you want rather than loads of cardio.

Be careful with too much cardio ,I read it can reduce strength .go for nice walks rather than pounding the tredmill for an hour.  

Strength sensei.com is good place to look .

I watched a talk on ketosis and the man talked about looking at people in the gym killing themselves on treadmills and he would ask them whey are you doing that to yourself ,there answer is usually because they love food .

He simply said well then stop eating all the food .

Such a simple statement but very true.e everything comes back to what we eat .

Bought myself the best qaulity venison sausage yesterday and I didnt even care about the price because years ago it was wasted on drink .I was chuffed lol.

Take care .

 

hi PB, thanks for this advice, yes working on strength mainly as trying to put weight and muscle back on, love the feeling get after running but not pushing it too much as knee still is not 100%

 

yes you should treat yourself to things like that, with all the misery from withdrawal we need some pleasures,

 

hope you are well today

Share this post


Link to post
dj2010

not done a update for a while

 

back from a nice holiday in Scotland, did some hiking and visited some historical sites, a couple of castles, took kids to lots of fun places, place stayed at had pool with slides and arcades etc, tried to see as much of the area as possible while was there, sleep was difficult the 1st couple nights as the bed was quite hard so took a couple nights to get used to it, used melatonin and anti-histamines on a few occasions,

 

one day decided to climb a very large hill, more like a small mountain, was a mistake as i totally overdid myself, It wouldn't of been a problem if I had slept good the night before but had a really bad night, after around 20 minutes climb and it started to get difficult, I was determined so decided to carry on, after around 1 hour I realised that was a mistake but it was too late to turn back, took over 2 hours of quite difficult uphill hiking and climbing and was totally out of breath at the end, after it I had a 1 hour drive back to where was staying, had to keep stopping as was just too exhausted and struggled to concentrate,

 

also at end of the trip the drive home was a nightmare, it took 7 hours when should of took 3 and half, wanted to visit some caves on way home but the GPS took me in some mountains down some narrow track, ended up stuck and was a real struggle to reverse back out, scratched car all over from bushes and trees at either side and nearly burnt clutch out, then had to drive through the mountains for a couple of hours on a very narrow winding road, it was never ending and constantly on side of cliff edges etc, completely mentally exhausted me,

 

still it was a successful trip that I would not of enjoyed if I was still medicated,

 

tried to upload some photos but have a limit of 0.19mb so can only upload the one in low quality, nature shot from a hike,

 

still only withdrawal symptom that I have left is poor sleep, it is still up and down a lot but managing to usually get 6 hours or more, the other night I got a record 9 hour sleep, last night I got 6 and half hours solid, nights that i struggle I use melatonin or anti-histamine

 

cant think of anything else to update, thanks for reading

 

waterfall2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
powerback

Great your trip was a success over all DJ ,love the picture .Disaster with the GPS but you did well to conquer through  the task and get home .

Be watchful for the next few weeks and take it easy and rest as much as you can and give yourself a big pat on the back .nice gentle walks should do the trick .

Take care.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Miracle123

Hi Dj, How are you? Long time i never hear from you. Beautiful natural picture. Great to know you are really enjoyed your Scotland trip with your familys as well. Dont over do it some exercise when you feel over exhauted. Sometimes poor sleep will effected the body ability too. Now is a time you take good rest for recovery.At least mostly withdrawals no longer bother you anymore its a good improvement of healing. i believe your sleep will gain a lots improvement soon since already come back almost to your baseline.Take care.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.