SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

DaisyBell: from New Zealand

DaisyBell

Hi - I have used this site as a non-member for about two years now.  Finally I have joined.  I am almost three years out from the last time I took "meds" - in this case 10mgs of Lexapro.

My story is that in Jan 2011 I started Lexapro 10 mg after a 10 minutes' consultation with a doctor. The basis for the prescription was that I had started having feelings of anxiety in confined spaces and had had anxiety attacks on plane and underground. In retrospect I should have relied on counselling as I was being bullied at work.  I remained on that dosage until July 2014. It had had the effect of lessening feelings felt at both ends of the scale  - fear and pleasure.  I become more numb.  I gained weight. Other things changed. Family thought I'd become someone else - harsher.  I didn't even cry when my Nan died.  At that point I wanted to be free from the stuff. Tapered following a doctor's schedule; with drops of 2.5 mg each three weeks. Once stopped in early Sept 2014, I had severe withdrawals. I was then prescribed Prozac and took it in Oct 2014 for three weeks but had adverse reaction and CT it. I've had protracted withdrawal ever since Sept 2014. Supplement I now take are magnesium, fish oil, turmeric, vit D, melatonin (but recently it's made me depressed), castus vitex capsule with ginger, withania, Vit E, zinc, Lutein for PMS.

Most distressing symptoms remaining are DP/DR, anxiety, sensitivities e.g. supplements like melatonin that can affect mood/anxiety, light sensitivity and to a lesser extent noise and movement sensitivity (can bring on anxiety and DP), concentration issues, also don't like crowds or feeling trapped, fatigue and stress intolerence (lose it at the smallest emotional things).
In Jan 2011 started Lexapro 10 mg after 10 minutes consultation with doctor telling him I felt anxious in confined spaces and had an anxiety attack on plane and underground. Remained on that dosage until Sept 2014. Tapered following a doctor's schedule on 2.5 mg drops every three weeks. Once stopped I developed severe withdrawals. Three weeks of Prozac beginning of Oct 2014 but had adverse reaction and stopped CT. Protracted withdrawals since. Supp now - magnesium, fish oil, turmeric, vit D, melatonin (but recently it's made me depressed), castus vitex capsule with ginger, Withania, Vit E, zinc, Lutein for PMS.
  • ChessieCat changed the title to DaisyBell: from New Zealand

Do I need to add anything in order to start posting?

In Jan 2011 started Lexapro 10 mg after 10 minutes consultation with doctor telling him I felt anxious in confined spaces and had an anxiety attack on plane and underground. Remained on that dosage until Sept 2014. Tapered following a doctor's schedule on 2.5 mg drops every three weeks. Once stopped I developed severe withdrawals. Three weeks of Prozac beginning of Oct 2014 but had adverse reaction and stopped CT. Protracted withdrawals since. Supp now - magnesium, fish oil, turmeric, vit D, melatonin (but recently it's made me depressed), castus vitex capsule with ginger, Withania, Vit E, zinc, Lutein for PMS.
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Daisybell, welcome to SA. I am sorry for the delay, member's first posts have to be approved, this means everyone gets a mod welcome and no one slips off the page without replies. It also keeps the spammers away. I am glad that you joined after reading for a while and hope you continue to find some help and comfort here. 

This is your topic to update on your progress. You can ask questions specific to your withdrawal here, this keeps your journey continuous. We refer doctors to the site and when they read member's intro's they are seeing their whole journey here which gives them a clear picture of withdrawal and it's effects on people.  

Thank you for filling in your signature. :)

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you still have some symptoms. Are there others that have gone away? If so which ones? 

200 Zoloft; 10 mg Zyprexa; 4 mg valium as of May 2021;  Valium taper: July 16: 3.5 valium; July 30: 3 mg (paused valium taper); Aug. 23: 2.5 mg
Zyprexa: July 26: 8.75 mg; Aug. 9: 7.5 mg; Aug. 30: 7.1 mg

-------
Dec 1, 2016. 10 mg zyprexa for 1.5 month. Started taper mid-Jan. 2017. Cut 1.25 mg every 2 weeks; smaller cuts 2.5 mg down. Stopped at .6 mg. May 7, 2017: zyprexa free. 
Zoloft: Dec1, 2016, 200 mg. Started taper: Jun12, 2017: 197.5 mg; Jun19,:195 mg; July 2:185mg; July 9,:180 mg; July16,: 175; July 23: 170; July 30: 165; Aug6: 160; Aug13: 155; Aug. 20: 150; Aug.27: 146 mg; Sept3: 145 mg; Sept10:143 mg; Sept17:140 mg....Nov5: 122 mg...Dec3:112.5 mg; Jan14, 2018: 95 mg...Jan28: 90 mg; Feb21:80 mg; Mar11: 75 mg; May2:70 mg; May15: 68 mg; May28: 65 mg; Jun9: 62 mg;Jun25: 60 mg:July22: 55 mg; Aug25: 45 mg. Aug28: 50 mg...Oct 28: 38 mg; Dec.4: 30 mg; Jan8,2019: 25mg; Feb6: 23.5 mg; Apr1:17.5mg; May1:1 mg; May 5: 18;  May 18:15mg; June 16:12.5mg; Sept 10:11 mg; Sept.16:10 mg; Oct. 1: 9mg; Nov. 27: 8mg; Dec.5: 7mg; Jan.1,2020, 6 mg; Feb1: 5 mg; May 1: 2.5 mg; Jn 1: 2 mg; Jy 1: 1.5 mg

Hi Madaleine

The severity of some of the remaining symptoms has diminished over time e.g. the tunnel vision (I'd see in focus only a small circular space) that happened when I was moving or looking at someone for a period, has lessened. The ones that have gone away include:

- floaty / marshmallow legs when moving

- crying excessively (although I still get small spells if stressed) 

- appetite loss

Can anyone tell me if anyone who has recovered from depersonalisation did so naturally or was it because they took an alpha/beta blocker or Lamicital?  Once DP/DR lifts do other symptoms disappear like light sensitivity? Besides dark rooms and amber glasses are there any other ways to recover from it?  

They prescribed me propranolol beta broker.  But not for depersonalization.  

anxiety at medium level 2013 may- sertraline (just 5 days)- hit my CNS, HELL.2013 june -coaxil (tianeptine) 30 days (I can't recover after first drag) 2013 July- changing doctor- paroxetine 30 mg with clonozepam 0,25 x 3 a day for 4 months (discontinued clonozepam with no problems) 2014- 10 mg-2-3 months after decreasing from 20mg I got- mood swings, which lasted 3-4 motnhs 2015-october paroxetine15 mg, december P- 10 mg, then 2016 february paroxetine 10 mg- anxiety hitted again, march 2015 paroxetine 20 mg (also I had traumatic situation in life) 2016 April-paroxetine 20 mg & trazadon 75 mg for sleeping 2016 April- August- I had sad days, but it was bearable2016 September- paroxetine 15 mg 2016 October- paroxetine 10 mg 2016 November -paroxeine 10 mg 2016 December paroxetine 5 mg 2017 January paroxetine 0 mg 14 March 2017- suddenly (depressive and anxious sleepless nights came to me)18 March 2017- I reinstate drag- 5mg 1 week, 10 mg 1 week, 15 mg 2 week, 03.04.2017-paroxetine 20 mg clonozepam for 3 weeks to install  , 29.04.2017- last time i took clonozepam 0,125mg 05.05.2017- paroxetine 30 mg just for one week- I couldn't stand it. High dosages made me obsessive thoughts, deep depression and no feelings. 08.05.2017 25 mg paroxetine- Trazadon 100, 13.05 20 mg paroxetine &Trazadon 100 I added acupuncture (depression much weaker), but only till 10 th session- then it was no difference 28.05.2017-10 mg paroxetine & Trazadon 75 till today. 19.06.2017- 5 mg paroxetine & trazadon 75 & clonazepam 0,25 mg, 07.07.2017- paroxetine 3 mg& trazadon 50 mg & clonazepam 0,5 mg. 16.07.2017- paroxetine 3 mg & trazadon 25 mg clonazepam 0,5 27.07.2017 paroxetine 5 mg& trazadon 75 Mg& clonazepam 0,25 mg 

hi there, I had severe DP and DR for about  6 - 8 months after quitting my last dosage. I'd say withdrawal wise they are gone! I had DP and DR as a teenager and in stressful times even before meds (just not with such intensity) so I still get it from time to time but not "withdrawal-Style" this is gone for good 

2005-2006: Cipralex 5 mg

2009-2010: Cipralex 5 mg

2012-2015: Cipralex 5mg, 10mg 

tapered 10mg-7.5mg-5mg-2,5-0 (I always waited for a few weeks on the current dosage until I felt stable. Steps were too big I realized too late)

Completely drug free since August 2015

16 hours ago, Pepita said:

hi there, I had severe DP and DR for about  6 - 8 months after quitting my last dosage. I'd say withdrawal wise they are gone! I had DP and DR as a teenager and in stressful times even before meds (just not with such intensity) so I still get it from time to time but not "withdrawal-Style" this is gone for good 

Thanks for that information Pepita.  I have had it for about three years now so I'm really hoping for it to go forever:)

20 hours ago, SlavicLady said:

They prescribed me propranolol beta broker.  But not for depersonalization.  

Hi SlavicLady - What did they prescribe it for and has it worked?

• Moderator Emeritus

DaisyBell - please don't go down the medication tunnel to treat a symptom of withdrawal.  Your DP/DR symptoms are most probably caused by discontinuing a psychoactive medication too rapidly for your CNS (central nervous system). 

For ideas about coping with DP/DR, please read:

Depersonalization and/or derealization

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

6 hours ago, scallywag said:

DaisyBell - please don't go down the medication tunnel to treat a symptom of withdrawal.  Your DP/DR symptoms are most probably caused by discontinuing a psychoactive medication too rapidly for your CNS (central nervous system). 

For ideas about coping with DP/DR, please read:

Depersonalization and/or derealization

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms.

Hi Scallywag - thanks:)  It's been three years psychoactive drug free and still I have DR/DP, environmental sensitivities, stress intolerence. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Have a look at people's stories in the Success Stories forum.  More than a few mention that they didn't start to see improvement until after 3 years.

If you're looking for medication suggestions, other sites such as patientslikeme.com will be of greater assistance to you. We don't recommend medications or support members' suggestions of medications.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

• 1 month later...

Hi DaisyBell

How are you doing? Any update.

It's been three years psychoactive drug free and still I have DR/DP, environmental sensitivities, stress intolerence. 

I would like to tell you that at 3 years i was still in very bad shape. So you are not alone. Recovery from this pharma assault cant take many years for people to recover.

The medical profession in nz refuse to acknowledge wdl or its the recovery time frames involved.

Glad you found sa.

nz11

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• 3 weeks later...

Hi NZ11, I'm well in many ways in that I've never lost hope.  I have always been a woman who has lived life but these limitations are so hard. It's been so long since I was "in my body" and had it functioning that even when I dream of recovery (right up there with frequent dreaming of winning lotto) I have feelings that I won't even recognise it even if it ever happens! Then if I did, I'd fear slipping back into this state.  I know it's natural to be fearful... and I know I won't even think about this once I am a year into being recovered. 

ALso when my DR/DP, sensitivities, and anxiety subside, so that you feel "recovered" is there a period of where people continue to feel stress intolerence? I've not found that on here.  If so, it just means I'll take care during that period. 

Stress intolerance is a very  common symptom and can last a long time after going drug free.

The thin emotional veneer will strengthen in time. I can remember bracing my self in wdl for a cognitive implosion and then came a time when i would brace for it but it never came.  I realised healing was happening. Be patient .

May i  ask you if you have not done so yet to do the withdrawal survey.

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

I've done the survey:) 

Well done DB you're the best!

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, nz11 said:

Well done DB you're the best!

Thank you nz for doing this great and tireless work of reminding people to do the survey.

This is our chance to be heard!

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

• 2 months later...

Look what I have come across.  Not sure how long it will be online. http://brokenbrain.com/trailer/

1 minute ago, FSL said:

have you signed up? Is this not a scheme?

No, another person who shared it with me must have signed up. I think people should exercise common sense with any free trial period... read the t&cs, never give credit card detail etc.

Watched one of the videos and found it interesting on brain health generally including depression and anxiety.  However, probably more helpful to those not going through withdrawal but those with the "naturally" occurring depression.

it's hosted by Dr Mark Hyman.... he reputable isn't he?

2 hours ago, FSL said:

Looks legit and sincere ...

I think movements like this support a change in thinking about current treatments of brain health issues.  I wish it was more mainstream.  

• 1 year later...

I am seeking some advice.... I have been taking Phenergan for on and off for sleep for about two years. I realised that this needs to change. I have stopped CT. Is this the best thing? Done it in the past and got insomnia and itchiness. Should I taper and if so what is recommended? I also wonder is there a way to minimise the histamine reaction? e.g. itchiness that I get. I heard Vitamin c is good? Is niacin also good? 

• 1 month later...

Hi Daisy,

Just was wondering how you are going with your Lexapro withdrawal symptoms?

Hopefully you have seen some improvement of late with your dp/dr? 

Hope the NZ summer hasn’t been treating you too bad and your doing ok.

20mg Lexapro 2007

10mg Lexapro 2012

Started tapering approx (October 2017) 12 months ago  from 10mg to 9mg then 8 then 7 then 6 then 5 then 4 then 3.

Held for approx 4 to 6 weeks min on each reduction.

Hit severe symptoms (started 7th Nov) after dropping to 3mg. Dropped to 3mg approx 22nd October.

Back to 4mg (7th November) and stabilising. Current symptoms started 23rd November 2018

Used diazepam (2018) 10mg 10th Nov, 5mg 11th Nov, 2.5mg 12 Nov, 2mg 13th Nov.

Used diazepam 10mg 24th Nov, 7.5 25th Nov and 5mg 26th November 2018

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/18/2019 at 6:31 PM, Tom37 said:

Hi Daisy,

Just was wondering how you are going with your Lexapro withdrawal symptoms?

Hopefully you have seen some improvement of late with your dp/dr? 

Hope the NZ summer hasn’t been treating you too bad and your doing ok.

Hi Tom

I’m going through a difficult patch with lots of rumination. Hoping it’ll pass soon. 

Still have DP. Nothing like it was but it’s still there. I can’t believe I still have it after four and bit years. Just wish there was something to make it go away 

It’s been pretty hot this year. Don’t you reakon...

how are are you going? 

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2017 at 1:10 PM, nz11 said:

Hi DaisyBell

How are you doing? Any update.

It's been three years psychoactive drug free and still I have DR/DP, environmental sensitivities, stress intolerence. 

I would like to tell you that at 3 years i was still in very bad shape. So you are not alone. Recovery from this pharma assault cant take many years for people to recover.

The medical profession in nz refuse to acknowledge wdl or its the recovery time frames involved.

Glad you found sa.

nz11

Are you recovered now? What were your symptoms at 3 years? I’m 3 years into a taper and had WD the entire process. Struggling and scared...

med history: 17 years total

Concerta: 2 yrs - cold turkey, brought on first "depression" 

Short trials of Zoloft and Effexor: 1-3 years - multiple cold turkey's brought on OCD intrusive thoughts for the first time

Lexapro 15-20 mg (16 yrs)  - tried to quit once, cold turkey, worst WD ever, had to go on to 20mg to stop WD

Welbutrin 150mg (8-ish yrs) NO w/d symptoms from CT

Adderall 5-7.5mg (8-10-ish yrs) quit CT, brought on many WD symptoms, but manageable. 

Begin taper March 2018 Currently on 4.4 mg lexapro - down from 20mg

Symptoms depression, horrible intrusive thoughts and urges, new onset PMS/PMDD, constant extreme irritation and anger, visual hallucinations, irrational thinking patterns, panic, nausea, dizzy, intolerance to working out, chemical sensitivities, noise sensitivities, memory issues, heart palps, etc. 

• 2 months later...

I still have DP.... I really don't know why I do.  I feel quite desperate about it. I wish there was some way to remedy it.  Any ideas?

Hi Daisy, i have DR which is closely related to DP. I've found over the last 19 months that it has eased up a fair bit. I still feel spaced out some times. Hopefully it improves with time for you too.

Paroxatine - 2004-2006

Effexor XR 75mg 2006 - 2016 (Discontinued Feb 2016) - Withdrawal for 6 months.

Effexor XR 75mg Re-instated June 2017 (Discontinued Dec 2017)

Effexor XR 2-3 mg Re-instated March 10 2018 - 1 day (Didn't work)

Effexor XR 2mg Reinstated (Again) May 11 2018. 6 Beads

July 2018 - 0.0mg of Effexor. Zilch

Hi Daisybell,

Never had dp or dr but have read that it can be the last thing to go away for people who have had it. Try not to give up hope as  you never know what the next week, month or year will bring. 

Hope your not getting too wet wherever you are in NZ as raining all day in the Hawke’s bay.

Take care.

20mg Lexapro 2007

10mg Lexapro 2012

Started tapering approx (October 2017) 12 months ago  from 10mg to 9mg then 8 then 7 then 6 then 5 then 4 then 3.

Held for approx 4 to 6 weeks min on each reduction.

Hit severe symptoms (started 7th Nov) after dropping to 3mg. Dropped to 3mg approx 22nd October.

Back to 4mg (7th November) and stabilising. Current symptoms started 23rd November 2018

Used diazepam (2018) 10mg 10th Nov, 5mg 11th Nov, 2.5mg 12 Nov, 2mg 13th Nov.

Used diazepam 10mg 24th Nov, 7.5 25th Nov and 5mg 26th November 2018

• 1 year later...

I am 6 years out from my last dose.  I still have dp dr. I fluctuate between hopeful to desperate to deflated.  Anyone else like me? 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still struggling 6 years completely off. Can't work. Can't handle much.  DPDR, light sensitive  moody as crap, depressed, anxious, panic / agoraphobic. What happens when you have used all of the tools in the box....  ? 

• Moderator Emeritus

Go to Bunnings?  Sorry I couldn't resist that.  I hope it made you smile.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Don't worry, never lost my sense of humour...  

• 1 month later...

I still have DP/ DR, light sensitivity and waives of anxiety/tearfulness/pms for more than six years.  I have to do something... 

• 2 weeks later...

What do you do in your seventh year and you've still got symptoms of withdrawal. I can't work, can barely shop.  What are my options?