myndfull

Hemp seed oil for Omega 3 & 6 (not CBD oil)

myndfull

I don't know if this is the right place for this subject; please move if not.

I've taken fish oil in the past and not had any--or any noticeable--effect/affect on health/mood. I stopped taking fish oil about two years ago after taking it for about two years.

But I've recently begun taking hemp seed oil and I've noticed an interesting difference--a positive one. Since taking hemp seed oil (one tablespoon of the refrigerated oil) I seem to have more emotional stability. There seems to be a "ceiling" to my anxiety/panic. I can more easily talk myself down from--or away from--w/d feelings. I can rationalize how I feel with more...acuity(?). I can find my "center." ( I should say that I've recently stabilized my taper, so my w/d symptoms have lessened; they were bad two months or so ago when I foolishly dropped 16% in one month). 

Hemp seed oil has everything fish oil does except the PCB's, etc. It's sustainably--and organically--produced; most of the products come from Canada, though hemp is being grown in the U.S. now and I've read it is finding markets/uses (I'm thinking of investing in this new industry).

Hemp is the cannabis plant that's grown for its fiber--it makes a good rope. It also makes durable textiles. You can construct homes/buildings out the stuff! 

I am not referring to the "other" cannabis, the plant that produces flowers that contain high amounts of THC, along with CBD, CBN--etc. I've also had plenty of experiences that wonderful plant. That plant treats symptoms (of anxiety/depression, etc.). Hemp seed oil isn't treating anything, it seems to me. It's giving me something which my body needs for health--a true supplement.

Hemp seed oil has no THC and little CBD. But is has lots of Omega 3 and 6 in better ratios than just about any other source (it also contains other "stuff" I don't know much about). You can get it in capsules, or directly from a bottle (which has to be refrigerated). It tastes good.

My questions: Has anyone else tried this product and what, if any, were its effects? Does anyone know of any online scientific resources for hemp seed oil that don't come from shysters trying to sell product? I know there's info out there on the depression-lessening effects of fish oil, but I'm interested to finding specific data/info on hemp seed oil.

There's very little info on our site here about hemp seed oil, yet I think it's a product/substance which may have great benefits for all of us.

lilly17

I see this is an older post but I wanted to respond because I just started taking hemp oil (Charlotte's Web is the specific brand name). I find that it helps reduce anxiety and I notice a slight decrease in my chronic headaches. I have read that it can take up to a month for the full benefits to take affect so I am hoping my headache pain will be reduced even further. I'm wondering if you are still taking the oil and if so is it still working to reduce your anxiety?  I believe anxiety is the key trigger of my migraines. 

SouthernFreeze
On 7/9/2017 at 3:28 AM, myndfull said:

I don't know if this is the right place for this subject; please move if not.

I've taken fish oil in the past and not had any--or any noticeable--effect/affect on health/mood. I stopped taking fish oil about two years ago after taking it for about two years.

But I've recently begun taking hemp seed oil and I've noticed an interesting difference--a positive one. Since taking hemp seed oil (one tablespoon of the refrigerated oil) I seem to have more emotional stability. There seems to be a "ceiling" to my anxiety/panic. I can more easily talk myself down from--or away from--w/d feelings. I can rationalize how I feel with more...acuity(?). I can find my "center." ( I should say that I've recently stabilized my taper, so my w/d symptoms have lessened; they were bad two months or so ago when I foolishly dropped 16% in one month). 

Hemp seed oil has everything fish oil does except the PCB's, etc. It's sustainably--and organically--produced; most of the products come from Canada, though hemp is being grown in the U.S. now and I've read it is finding markets/uses (I'm thinking of investing in this new industry).

Hemp is the cannabis plant that's grown for its fiber--it makes a good rope. It also makes durable textiles. You can construct homes/buildings out the stuff! 

I am not referring to the "other" cannabis, the plant that produces flowers that contain high amounts of THC, along with CBD, CBN--etc. I've also had plenty of experiences that wonderful plant. That plant treats symptoms (of anxiety/depression, etc.). Hemp seed oil isn't treating anything, it seems to me. It's giving me something which my body needs for health--a true supplement.

Hemp seed oil has no THC and little CBD. But is has lots of Omega 3 and 6 in better ratios than just about any other source (it also contains other "stuff" I don't know much about). You can get it in capsules, or directly from a bottle (which has to be refrigerated). It tastes good.

My questions: Has anyone else tried this product and what, if any, were its effects? Does anyone know of any online scientific resources for hemp seed oil that don't come from shysters trying to sell product? I know there's info out there on the depression-lessening effects of fish oil, but I'm interested to finding specific data/info on hemp seed oil.

There's very little info on our site here about hemp seed oil, yet I think it's a product/substance which may have great benefits for all of us.

I don't think there has been much research on the effects hemp oil has on brain health (even three years later) but it would be interesting to know. Everything I can find says it is great for your brain.... maybe. 

hayduke

I can't take the fish oil because it makes me physically sick.

To get Omega 3/6 during WDs, I've been making bowls of yoghurt with 2 shots of hemp seeds, 2 shots chia seeds, 2 shots linseed a.k.a flax, and whatever fresh fruit is kicking around.

It really does seem to help.