SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Scorpio: Will this ever end?

Scorpio

Moderators help

i am very scared as have been in bad way with raging anxiety this week having had a slightly better week last week. I have now developed pins and needles in my fingers and feet which scares me along with burning face which comes and goes.  I am so frightened that after six months of 1mg cipralex there will be no end to this nightmare.  Some of the symptoms nausea seem to have eased some of the time but seem to develop new ones in their place. 

2006 After sudden death of mother put on 20mg of citaloprom for depression. 

2014 Drug stopped working after two weeks of panic attacks felt fine. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

Last two weeks severe anxiety returned and feeling hopeless 

11July 2017. Cipralex 2mg. Anxiety, nausea still severe

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scorpio

• JS11

• Flowers

• bubble

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Scorpio, antibiotics can knock an upset nervous system sideways.

What time of day do you take 1 drop Cipralex? Do your symptoms get better or worse at any particular time of day?

How many milligrams of Cipralex is in one drop?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hello alto

i appreciate your responding to me. I take 1mg of cipralex when I get up usually about 7am in water, this is how I have always taken this drug. I take a small amount of melatonin about 1mg at night and sleep until about 6.30 when woken with burning face, pins and needles and high anxiety with stomach grumbling badly. This week the sleep has been more disturbed and twice woken at 4am with the same symptoms. 

A lot of the symptoms I had been having had subsided or calmed including bowel cramping, nausea, tinnitus had gotten a lot quieter and bowel movements were getting normal. While I was ill with the infections all w/d symptoms disappeared completely it was just bad effects from the antibiotics. Since Saturday this week all the symptoms have come back together with pins and needles in fingers and feet. My hair seems to be thinning as well. 

My symptoms generally get easier in the evenings. They don’t seem to get worse when taking the dose as they are all there before I take it. I appreciate my sleep is so much better than many people on here and that I’m not doing badly I just think it is a case of panic and fear. At six months I’m too scared to updose as the drug always gave me terrible symptoms but frightened there is no improvement when all this is back. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

Oh my dear friend, 

I am so very sorry you are struggling so.  You give so much to everyone even when your symptoms are raging; I know today is probably no different what with Christmas Eve in a few hours.  I so wish for some peace and healing for you.

take care Scorpio.  Know my thoughts and love are with you as you are trying to cope with all this.

JS11

26 years of Anti-depressants (probably 32, lost track, alone and/in combination Vyvanse 30mg Discontinued Feb. 22, 2013 Topamax  25-75mg Feb 23, 2013--Feb 2016 0.0 mg Discontinued  Lamotrigine 25-50mg Jan 15, 2016-Adverse Reaction Discontinued Feb 2, 2016 T3 25-50mcg Feb.11, 2016  Discontinued April 23, 2016

Escitalopram 20mg-omg fast taper Nov. 2015-Jan.7, 2016 Crash! Reinstated 20mg  Taper Jan 14, 2016  0.0mg Sept 2016 Reinstated Feb.21, 2017 Escitalopram  5mg Dosage Adjustments  Escitalopram to 2.5mg June 28-30; Increased to 3.75mg July 1-28, 2017    July 29-Aug 4 10mg, alternated between 5 and 10mg next couple days.  Aug 9, 7.25mg;  Aug 10-14 10mg; Aug 15-25 7.25mg, August 25-29, 10mg.   

Levofloxacin (January 2017 2 doses) (Adverse Reaction: Neurotoxcity; 3 daysE.R.$30k+tests)

Adderall 25mgXR (start April 23, 2013) (Nov.2016 20mg) (Dec.2016 15mg) (Feb. 5, 2016 10mg) (June 15, 2017) 5mg XR 

Crossover July 7 to Adderall I.M 5mg Discontinued  Reinstated Adderall 5mgXR  July 28th 

Minipress 1mg began July 20-23, 2mg July 24 last dose Discontinued  (Prescribed to assist with side-effects of updose of Escitalopram) WellbutrinXR 150 mg July 24, 2017 Discontinued;  Hydroxyline 25-200 mg daily, began July 20, Discontnued; (Prescribed for side-effects-sensitized; W/D)Gababentin 100mg August 28, 8/29: 00mg, 8/30/17 100mg discontinued (Prescribed for side-effects of sensitized, W//D)Zolipidem PRN (2.5mg.) Reinstated May 15, 2017 after18m+ discontinuation Between May and  Aug18-Aug 30, 2017 Discontinued

Aug. 30. 2017 Escitalopram 8.2mg, Sept. 6 Ecitalopram (7.25 tablet) September 28 Escitalopram   (7 mg tablet)   Omega 3's , October 1 Escitalopram (6.25...I think)  November 1, Escitalopram (approx. 5.75mg) December 1 (5mg)  Missed .75 for few days, lowered dose.  W/D ramped up Dec.23;  Escitalopram 4mg tab. .75ml liquid March 5.  Adderall XR 5mg, Synthroid 112mcg  March 23 Escitalopram 4mg tab .50ml liquid.April 23 Escotalopram 4mgtab .25ml liquid Escitalopram dropping .25 every 30 days; July 23, 2018 Escitalopram 3.50mg, Adderall XR 5mg, Synthroid 112mcg 

July 2021:  Took last dose of Escitalopram .02mg.  Do dah!

Current:   Synthroid/Generic 100mcg decreased November, 2018  (TSH has changed 5 times since August 30, 2018 resulting in both Hyper and hypothyroid symptoms.)  November 1, 2018, increased Adderall XR to 10mg to combat brain fog after decrease in Synthroid.

9 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Hello alto

i appreciate your responding to me. I take 1mg of cipralex when I get up usually about 7am in water, this is how I have always taken this drug. I take a small amount of melatonin about 1mg at night and sleep until about 6.30 when woken with burning face, pins and needles and high anxiety with stomach grumbling badly. This week the sleep has been more disturbed and twice woken at 4am with the same symptoms. 

A lot of the symptoms I had been having had subsided or calmed including bowel cramping, nausea, tinnitus had gotten a lot quieter and bowel movements were getting normal. While I was ill with the infections all w/d symptoms disappeared completely it was just bad effects from the antibiotics. Since Saturday this week all the symptoms have come back together with pins and needles in fingers and feet. My hair seems to be thinning as well. 

My symptoms generally get easier in the evenings. They don’t seem to get worse when taking the dose as they are all there before I take it. I appreciate my sleep is so much better than many people on here and that I’m not doing badly I just think it is a case of panic and fear. At six months I’m too scared to updose as the drug always gave me terrible symptoms but frightened there is no improvement when all this is back. 

Scorpio,

I have had most of your symptoms for weeks now, so feel for you and know what you're going through.  My hair has been falling out/thinning for as long as I can remember.

Now my throat feels tight and as though there is something in it - probably anxiety, or a virus......as it came on this evening.

You're not alone, I'm thinking of you my friend.

JC xxx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Hi Scorpio

This all must be awful and I really feel for you.

Sending love and hugs

Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

• Administrator

Are you taking 1mg Cipralex or one drop of Cipralex?

What was your reaction to citalopram?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi alto

it is a dropper form of bottle and each drop is 1mg of cipralex. 

Citaloprom pooped out out on me I got panic attacks, dizziness and nightmares.  All new and unknown to me it lasted for about two weeks and then I felt fine.  Apart from that citaloprom never gave me any problems until it stopped working. 

2 hours ago, Junglechicken said:

Scorpio,

I have had most of your symptoms for weeks now, so feel for you and know what you're going through.  My hair has been falling out/thinning for as long as I can remember.

Now my throat feels tight and as though there is something in it - probably anxiety, or a virus......as it came on this evening.

You're not alone, I'm thinking of you my friend.

JC xxx

Hi JC

thank you so much for your words of support it means a lot especially as you have been going through so much hell these past weeks. It makes me feel better that my symptoms are not unique and we will get over them. I hope your mother is behaving, and the interviews this week weren’t too taxing on you. 

Funnily enough, I’ve had a sore throat again since yesterday and can’t work out if it’s another bug gifted from my grandchild or one of those things. Time will tell for both of us. 

Thanks jc. Are you away for Christmas- I hope someone else is doing all the cooking and you can get to relax. 

Scorpio x

3 hours ago, JS11 said:

Oh my dear friend, 

I am so very sorry you are struggling so.  You give so much to everyone even when your symptoms are raging; I know today is probably no different what with Christmas Eve in a few hours.  I so wish for some peace and healing for you.

take care Scorpio.  Know my thoughts and love are with you as you are trying to cope with all this.

JS11

Hi js11

you are always there for me - support goes both ways. I hope you got that cherry pie. Will message you. 

Hugs

scorpio. 

Hi Scorpio:

Just wanted to stop by and say hi.

Hope you are doing well. And your anxiety is letting up just a little.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Hi frogie

im on the floor for the past week with the flu just what I needed. Hopefully tomorrow will see an improvement it’s not a good mix flu/wd. 

I am keeping everything crossed that you see your granddaughter and your daughter in law contacts you to make arrangements. I hope your anxiety is easing and you are feeling better. 

Happy new year to you and may this be the year we all find peace and calm. 

7 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie

im on the floor for the past week with the flu just what I needed. Hopefully tomorrow will see an improvement it’s not a good mix flu/wd. 

I am keeping everything crossed that you see your granddaughter and your daughter in law contacts you to make arrangements. I hope your anxiety is easing and you are feeling better. 

Happy new year to you and may this be the year we all find peace and calm. 

Hi Scorpio:

I'm so sorry you have the flu on top of WD. No fun at all. I hope you feel better soon.

Doesn't look promising seeing my granddaughter. My daughter in law is not returning her texts or calls (at least from me).

Still having anxiety but it's just everything going on.

Happy New Year to you my friend, may we both have a better year in 2018.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

Hi frogie

How are you doing,  has the anxiety lessened for you after your unintended drop, I am keeping fingers crossed. I know it is a difficult time thinking about going to your fiancés fathers and leaving brownie in care. What about your daughter in law have you managed to get hold of her and make arrangements yet. 

Like so many people over here still struggling with this flu virus, it’s really horrible but I’m in good company. 

1 hour ago, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie

How are you doing,  has the anxiety lessened for you after your unintended drop, I am keeping fingers crossed. I know it is a difficult time thinking about going to your fiancés fathers and leaving brownie in care. What about your daughter in law have you managed to get hold of her and make arrangements yet. 

Like so many people over here still struggling with this flu virus, it’s really horrible but I’m in good company. 

Hi Scorpio:

The anxiety has been better until we started talking about going out of town this weekend and having to leave Brownie with my Uncle. He loves her a lot and will take good care of her, like he always does but it's not the same as her laying next to me. She's only 10 minutes away from my fiancés parents, so I will go over and feed her and then I can see her. I finally got a hold of my daughter in law. Since we are going to be up there, I think I will take the presents to my granddaughter and I can see her for a little while. Then we will work out a weekend.

I don't really want to go but I will. I love his mom and miss her terribly. Once I get there, I'll be ok knowing I can go see my granddaughter and Brownie.

I'm so sorry you still have the flu. That is no fun. I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for thinking of me. I really appreciate it.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi frogie

i know how stressful these trips can be especially not having brownie with you but imagine your joy at being reunited with your granddaughter something you have longed for, for so long.  You will enjoy seeing your fiancés mum and I’m sure once you get there you will be able to relax and that dreaded anxiety will ease for you. 

I think I have been hit by this Australian flu, my symptoms match exactly, the trouble is it takes so long to recover from it. I still feel rotten and now 9 days but at least I am upright which is an improvement and last night had a whole nights sleep for the first time since it started. I have to go to my daughters now as my little grandson had his four injections yesterday and is suffering today, she is working from home but obviously cannot care for him and work. Hopefully I will be able to keep going. 

4 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Hi frogie

i know how stressful these trips can be especially not having brownie with you but imagine your joy at being reunited with your granddaughter something you have longed for, for so long.  You will enjoy seeing your fiancés mum and I’m sure once you get there you will be able to relax and that dreaded anxiety will ease for you. 

I think I have been hit by this Australian flu, my symptoms match exactly, the trouble is it takes so long to recover from it. I still feel rotten and now 9 days but at least I am upright which is an improvement and last night had a whole nights sleep for the first time since it started. I have to go to my daughters now as my little grandson had his four injections yesterday and is suffering today, she is working from home but obviously cannot care for him and work. Hopefully I will be able to keep going. 

Me too Scorpio, and its really affected my gut.

Frequent visits to the loo, headaches, loud tinnitus etc.,

It started on the 27th, hubby and I had been in and out of the hospital for 3 days visiting my parents; and given my mother had pneumonia - fair game for picking up all the worst viruses out there don't you think?!

Hope you start feeling better soon.......rest and hydration.

Hugs,

JC xxx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Hi frogie

Trips are stressful. Especially that I can't have Brownie with me. But I have to remember she's only 10 minutes away from me. I'll go feed her and see her. Just not the same as having her next to me.

I hope I get to see my granddaughter. Daughter in law said to bring her presents so I could watch her open them and see her. I hope it works out.

I'm sorry you feel so rotten. I hear everyone over there has this virus. Watching your grandson is going to be challenging, since he had his injections he won't feel good at all. I hope you do ok.

Feel better. Thanks for talking to me.

Take care,

Frogie xx

5 hours ago, Scorpio said:

I have to go to my daughters now as my little grandson had his four injections yesterday and is suffering today, she is working from home but obviously cannot care for him and work

oh dear ~ this can't be good. Vaccinations are ramping up - big time. I wonder why?  $$ maybe?

How are you doing Scorpio, apart from the flu? How are your other symptoms? Any changes?

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Hi AliG 

‘I know the fact the poor little one had four seems extremely excessive including measles which is nasty on its own. He was whimpering most of the night with his legs from the injection sites but although dosed with calpol he has no appetite and although good very hot. 

I have been not too bad on w/d front, I think once again the cns is too busy with flu symptoms, I would enjoy it if I didn’t feel so rubbish from the recovery of flu. I can’t understand how you don’t know about Australian flu as they said you have had a near epidemic. We are swamped with it over here. Hospitals have major incident calls out as they cannot cope. Nausea, fatigue are flu symptoms as well and the anxiety is there but not biting. 

‘’Hopefully I will keep recovering from the flu and the stress levels are lower so I will be more stable. 

Hi junglechicken 

hope your gut is giving you some relief oh it is so miserable isn’t it. I’m Day 9 now and still struggling. That sore throat was the worst I’ve ever had - razor blades, and the headaches. Tinnitus is raging for me too. 

I imagine you have knocked visiting hospital on the head while you are ill. Give yourself time to recover, it seems so many people have it and it takes quite a while to recover, up to three weeks and that’s from healthy people. So I know you have your house move impending but try and avoid doing too much. 

HI Scorpio,

I'm glad the Australian flu hasn't made it here yet, at least I don't think it has.  There are some nasty bugs about but so far, unnamed. Lots of people around me are getting sick, or have been or are on the mend.  I have washed my hands so often they are raw.  Breathing of course is necessary, but I am trying to stay well.  Keep getting those coming on feelings, like now.  Think I am just worn out.  Yesterday was very hard.  Had horrible anxiety all day and last night was truly beside myself--crying, those horrible gloom feelings, just overwhelming.  Forgive me, am I supposed to post this on my thread.  I never know...

How did you make out with wee Jude today?  I saw that he is having trouble from all those injections.  Poor little soul.  Did you stay at your daughter's long to help out?  What with both you and Jude feeling poorly, were you able to rest at all?  I sure hope so.  

Hope you are getting some relief my friend.

take care,

xoxo,

JS

26 years of Anti-depressants (probably 32, lost track, alone and/in combination Vyvanse 30mg Discontinued Feb. 22, 2013 Topamax  25-75mg Feb 23, 2013--Feb 2016 0.0 mg Discontinued  Lamotrigine 25-50mg Jan 15, 2016-Adverse Reaction Discontinued Feb 2, 2016 T3 25-50mcg Feb.11, 2016  Discontinued April 23, 2016

Escitalopram 20mg-omg fast taper Nov. 2015-Jan.7, 2016 Crash! Reinstated 20mg  Taper Jan 14, 2016  0.0mg Sept 2016 Reinstated Feb.21, 2017 Escitalopram  5mg Dosage Adjustments  Escitalopram to 2.5mg June 28-30; Increased to 3.75mg July 1-28, 2017    July 29-Aug 4 10mg, alternated between 5 and 10mg next couple days.  Aug 9, 7.25mg;  Aug 10-14 10mg; Aug 15-25 7.25mg, August 25-29, 10mg.   

Levofloxacin (January 2017 2 doses) (Adverse Reaction: Neurotoxcity; 3 daysE.R.$30k+tests)

Adderall 25mgXR (start April 23, 2013) (Nov.2016 20mg) (Dec.2016 15mg) (Feb. 5, 2016 10mg) (June 15, 2017) 5mg XR 

Crossover July 7 to Adderall I.M 5mg Discontinued  Reinstated Adderall 5mgXR  July 28th 

Minipress 1mg began July 20-23, 2mg July 24 last dose Discontinued  (Prescribed to assist with side-effects of updose of Escitalopram) WellbutrinXR 150 mg July 24, 2017 Discontinued;  Hydroxyline 25-200 mg daily, began July 20, Discontnued; (Prescribed for side-effects-sensitized; W/D)Gababentin 100mg August 28, 8/29: 00mg, 8/30/17 100mg discontinued (Prescribed for side-effects of sensitized, W//D)Zolipidem PRN (2.5mg.) Reinstated May 15, 2017 after18m+ discontinuation Between May and  Aug18-Aug 30, 2017 Discontinued

Aug. 30. 2017 Escitalopram 8.2mg, Sept. 6 Ecitalopram (7.25 tablet) September 28 Escitalopram   (7 mg tablet)   Omega 3's , October 1 Escitalopram (6.25...I think)  November 1, Escitalopram (approx. 5.75mg) December 1 (5mg)  Missed .75 for few days, lowered dose.  W/D ramped up Dec.23;  Escitalopram 4mg tab. .75ml liquid March 5.  Adderall XR 5mg, Synthroid 112mcg  March 23 Escitalopram 4mg tab .50ml liquid.April 23 Escotalopram 4mgtab .25ml liquid Escitalopram dropping .25 every 30 days; July 23, 2018 Escitalopram 3.50mg, Adderall XR 5mg, Synthroid 112mcg 

Current:   Synthroid/Generic 100mcg decreased November, 2018  (TSH has changed 5 times since August 30, 2018 resulting in both Hyper and hypothyroid symptoms.)  November 1, 2018, increased Adderall XR to 10mg to combat brain fog after decrease in Synthroid.

34 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi junglechicken 

hope your gut is giving you some relief oh it is so miserable isn’t it. I’m Day 9 now and still struggling. That sore throat was the worst I’ve ever had - razor blades, and the headaches. Tinnitus is raging for me too. 

I imagine you have knocked visiting hospital on the head while you are ill. Give yourself time to recover, it seems so many people have it and it takes quite a while to recover, up to three weeks and that’s from healthy people. So I know you have your house move impending but try and avoid doing too much. 

Hi scorpio .a hot drink with lemon honey and ginger with water  for that nasty throat .Happy new year .

PB

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi powerback 

thank you for the tip. I have been throwing lemon and manuka honey down my throat for a week but as you know when flu hits it is so hard to recover. At least I am now upright and moving so progress is happening. 

Happy new year to you and I hope your forthcoming trip goes well. 

Hi js11

i am so sorry you are going through such a hard time I have pm’d you and bored you to death about Jude and my current position - upright. 

Hugs

48 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi powerback 

thank you for the tip. I have been throwing lemon and manuka honey down my throat for a week but as you know when flu hits it is so hard to recover. At least I am now upright and moving so progress is happening. 

Happy new year to you and I hope your forthcoming trip goes well. 

Oh have you lol ,good you on the mend .thanks I will enjoy it .

PB

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Hi AliG 

‘I know the fact the poor little one had four seems extremely excessive including measles which is nasty on its own. He was whimpering most of the night with his legs from the injection sites but although dosed with calpol he has no appetite and although good very hot. 

I have been not too bad on w/d front, I think once again the cns is too busy with flu symptoms, I would enjoy it if I didn’t feel so rubbish from the recovery of flu. I can’t understand how you don’t know about Australian flu as they said you have had a near epidemic. We are swamped with it over here. Hospitals have major incident calls out as they cannot cope. Nausea, fatigue are flu symptoms as well and the anxiety is there but not biting. 

‘’Hopefully I will keep recovering from the flu and the stress levels are lower so I will be more stable. 

Scorpio,

Am certain my CNS has been badly affected by the flu: swimmy head, gut issues, loud tinnitus, weak feeling, inner trembling, hands trembling.

Will be glad when this is over.

JC xx

Major Life Events: 

16 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Scorpio,

Am certain my CNS has been badly affected by the flu: swimmy head, gut issues, loud tinnitus, weak feeling, inner trembling, hands trembling.

Will be glad when this is over.

JC xx

I hope both of you feel better very soon. 💞💞

Take care,

Frogie xx

• 2 weeks later...

My dear Scorpio,

I am so very worried about you.  I am hoping you are getting some rest and healing from whatever this ickiness is.  

Thinking of you my friend,

xoxo,

JS

Hi js

thank you for your kind words my friend.  I am really struggling at the moment. Blame it on post flu complications.  Will pm you later.  Hope you are doing better. 

Hugs

ann

On 1/4/2018 at 3:36 AM, Scorpio said:

I can’t understand how you don’t know about Australian flu as they said you have had a near epidemic

No, maybe, it's fake news. I haven't had the flu in approximately 5 or more years ( no flu shots) ~ I'm not sure where this is coming from but it's amazing how we Aussies get the blame. LOL. :unsure:  I think it's Big Pharma/ Media just ~" stirring the pot". Maybe, they're a little down on their flu vaccine $$ for the year and need to drum up a little more business.:wacko:

Just checking in to offer my best wishes and hoping for your speedy recovery.

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Hi AliG

hope you doing ok and although very early days both you and your husband are finding ways of coping with your grief. 

So pleased to hear you have escaped this rotten flu, I escaped for quite a few years but it’s got me this time.  Christmas Day it started rose from the living dead after about 10 days and now back in zombie land, incessant coughing especially at night, and lots of other horrible symptoms. According to the doctor yesterday it’s taking up to 8 weeks to recover - great prospects. 

Thank you for your kind wishes. The w/d symptoms keep joining the party to add to the joy. Roll on spring when we can all start to feel better. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well it’s now six and a half months of upping my dose to 1mg of cipralex/.lexapro.  Having been through three flu/viruses since beginning of December and just recovering from the third I though I would write an update. 

‘’While going through the illness my w/d seem to reduce as if my body cannot cope with more than one illness at a time then throw antibiotics into the mix which make me at times feel worse than the illness it’s supposed to be treating. Once the illness and abs are gone my w/d symptoms come back with a vengeance. 

Anxiety, which has always been the worst symptom for me due to rendering me incapable of leading a normal life, bites really hard.  Overwhelming today and yes I try mindfulness, breathing, legs up the wall but cannot get a grip on it. 

The tinnitus when anxiety is high still continues to scream at me but when the anxiety lessens so does the anxiety so a certain amount of improvement.

‘’Nausea now only occurs occasionally thank goodness. My appetite goes up and down again depending on how hard the anxiety is biting.  Those awful morbid thoughts have also lessened, they still come on bad days but not as frequently. 

‘’The bowel cramping is now quite a rare occurrence although my bowels are still not behaving well in the morning.  Some days are better than other. The tingling/burning in the genital area is gone thank goodness. 

The inability to have any any interest in things I used to enjoy my garden, craft hobbies, cooking are same but some days I can enjoy reading a magazine which is a big step forward. 

New symptoms remain, burning face when I wake up - not every day but still quite frequent. Pins and needles in my fingers comes and goes. My hair I am sure is thinning and I have to try very hard to not to keep focusing on it. 

Fatigue still hits hits me hard but not every day. I long for a window that lasts more than a couple of days. 

I take 1mg melatonin at night and most nights I can sleep generally 6 hours sometimes more which I know compared to so many people on here is a major achievement. Occasionally it’s the 4am waking still. 

Have still been unable to gain to gain any weight but I don’t/can’t eat sugary foods.

i know that I have had a lot of illness during this past couple of months which hasn’t helped but feel very scared that there will be no stability or better, longer  windows  that give me the encouragement to keep going.  

Hi my friend,

It's hard to believe it has been 6 and a half months.  Through it all--flu, nausea, burning face, lack of interest in things, and the nethers etc.--you have shown such strength, kindness and humor to me and others. 

You constantly amaze me with how much you give to everyone--home cooked meals, taking care of Jude and your family, and flicking the duster about--despite feeling like you have been run down by a locomotive.  

I do so wish for long windows for you.  Even a slight improvement makes all the difference when you are scared and overwhelmed.  Maybe when this last bug finally departs, you will have a chance for that.  I, too, had a reduction in symptoms when I was ill.  Odd.  If we could just trick our bodies into believing they were ill without actually having to be ill, we might find some relief.

Thank you, Scorpio, for always being there for me even in the middle of the waves and storms.  I cannot tell you how many times your words have gotten me through the next minute, hour, and day.  But I think you know my friend.  

We will do this.  We must.  Besides, as an honorary Brit., there is only so long a girl can go without those diesel fumes, a proper cup of tea and those lovely accents.  

all my love to you, dear Scorpio.

xoxo,

JS11

Well written JS. 

I second that! Don’t know what I’d do without her!!!     Lg xx

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

Hi js11 and lg

this works both ways. You have both been there every step of our tortuous paths and seen me through all of it when you are both struggling so badly yourselves. I will be eternally grateful to both of you for all the support and giggles even when I didn’t think I would smile again let alone giggle. 

This site is so special but the support and friendships that develop through such adversity are unique. I will always be grateful and thankful 

now lg get back to jiggly walking and js11 get back to enjoying your friends visit.