Scorpio: Will this ever end?

Scorpio

Hi brass monkey

still in hell anxiety which I thought was at the harshest it could be has now become worse with times verging on complete panic. Nausea, diarrhoea, burning legs, tinnitus, dizziness raging.  

'I have tried watching all the self help threads on mindful breathing, gentle yoga and have been trying to practice them but my mind is so addled with panic anxiety I can only concentrate for a couple of a minutes. I lost a lot of weight when first put on the cipralex and have now lost even more. Considering I was always slim I am now unhealthily underweight. My mind is still jumping to morbid thoughts. 

'I am supposed to be going on a family holiday abroad in ten days and cannot see how I am going to manage it as I am incapable at the moment if even going out the front door. I know if I can get there it will probably help it's the getting there that's the problem.  On holidays whilst on cipralex I would spend probably two or three days going through bad waves shut in my room while my husband had to mange on his own. 

I am so scared and keep trying to help myself by keep moving doing small chores anything to try and take my mind off it but it's getting harder to even do that.  My daughter and baby came  earlier today he has a virus and covered in a rash.  Up until now he would always lift me while I concentrated on him but today I managed to care for him but the anxiety dominated me. 

2006 After sudden death of mother put on 20mg of citaloprom for depression. 

2014 Drug stopped working after two weeks of panic attacks felt fine. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

Last two weeks severe anxiety returned and feeling hopeless 

11July 2017. Cipralex 2mg. Anxiety, nausea still severe

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scorpio

• JS11

• Flowers

• bubble

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

There is a very important survey on drug WD at the moment. We might finally get some acknowledgement for all the suffering these drugs caused us.

Adding your experience would be very valuable. It only takes a few minutes. They extended it because they got so many replies after Alto mobilised our members here but the more people join, the more powerful we are.

I even invited my friends who are not on the forum and some of them were not even aware that what was happening to them was a WD... Every vote counts.

https://roehamptonpsych.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6gSHZN88sOmHDlr

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

Please help I am so frightened don't know if I can take this screaming pain anymore. I feel I have lost hope and don't know what to do. 

Have been reading threads on lexapro which I think is what we call cipralex in U.K.  And it seems as though it never gets better. 

As I had the two years of hell on the cipralex and now reinstated 1 mg have I made it worse. Six weeks on and feel as though it's getting worse. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Scorpio.

I actually was lucky enough that my reinstatement of Lexapro was successful although I reinstated at a too high dose.

Reading your drug history it seems it seems that you have been extra sensitive to psychotropic medication from the very beginning. But people do get better and completely recover after much worse states and symptoms. 

So you have basically been on SSRIs since 2006?

It is hard to say what is still withdrawal and what are side effects and possible adverse reaction. I will consult other mods on your situation.

To help us could you describe how your symptoms develop throughout the day especially in relation to when you take the drug. Also please list any supplements you might be taking. Something like: 8 am wake up - panic level anxiety, nausea, etc... 10 am symptoms decrease, etc. How is your sleep?

You say you are getting worse even after reducing from 2 mg to 1 mg? Have any symptoms got better?

When I reinstated I felt horribly for quite a while still, another 2 to 3 months. What kept me going is the fact that I stopped getting worse and that as bad as the symptoms were they sort of leveled off.

Try to answer my questions and I will consult other mods.

Fear is our worst enemy here. Find some of the non-drug method that will help you ride this out:

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

45 minutes ago, bubble said:

Hello Scorpio.

I actually was lucky enough that my reinstatement of Lexapro was successful although I reinstated at a too high dose.

Reading your drug history it seems it seems that you have been extra sensitive to psychotropic medication from the very beginning. But people do get better and completely recover after much worse states and symptoms. 

So you have basically been on SSRIs since 2006?

It is hard to say what is still withdrawal and what are side effects and possible adverse reaction. I will consult other mods on your situation.

To help us could you describe how your symptoms develop throughout the day especially in relation to when you take the drug. Also please list any supplements you might be taking. Something like: 8 am wake up - panic level anxiety, nausea, etc... 10 am symptoms decrease, etc. How is your sleep?

You say you are getting worse even after reducing from 2 mg to 1 mg? Have any symptoms got better?

When I reinstated I felt horribly for quite a while still, another 2 to 3 months. What kept me going is the fact that I stopped getting worse and that as bad as the symptoms were they sort of leveled off.

Try to answer my questions and I will consult other mods.

Fear is our worst enemy here. Find some of the non-drug method that will help you ride this out:

Thank you for coming back to me so quickly. I really appreciate it.  My day yesterday,

wake between 4 - 6am with anxiety, stomach making noises, tinnitus. Dizziness. 

6.15 get up - have drink and take 1mg cipralex in small amount of water

8.00 - nausea, tinnitus, anxiety high.

9.00 - showered, dressed, probiotic drink and banana forced down. Anxiety high, nausea, tinnitus.

1.00 - forced some beans on toast down with difficulty.  High anxiety, nausea, tinnitus,headache flashing feeling,  stomach cramping, aching legs, heavy feeling in chest, shallow breathing. 

5.00 - anxiety scaled down minisculey, tinnitus, burning sensation on lower legs, stomach grumbling

8.00 - anxiety, fatigue but ate some dinner 

11.00pm - bed, read, went to sleep without too much difficulty and didn't until 5.45. Couldn't get out of bed frightened of facing day. Tinnitus, anxiety, nausea, stomach grumbling.

the symptoms that have come and now appear to have gone for now are dreadful burning/tingling sensations in nether regions.

painful dragging/cramping in lower bowels, 

teeth hurting

fast heartbeat seems to have eased. Fainting feelings have gone 

I tried small dose of vitamin c which I reacted badly too so stopped it 17th July. 

i tried quarter of teaspoon of calms magnesium in large glass large glass of water. Had huge relief for two days, increased to half teaspoon and anxiety nausea back with vengeance. Stopped it but really wish my body could get used to it as definitely gave brief relief.

probiotic tablets to try and help stomach - bad reaction stopped it.

I drink chamomile tea a couple of times a day for the last four days not sure it's helping.

still have dizziness, and flashing headaches on and off. Dreadful morbid thoughts and times of uncontrollable crying and depression.  Very nervy feeling all the time as well as anxiety ripping me to shreds.

i was getting windows in the evening but not anymore 

i have had had a terrible time since first being put on cipralex after stopping two months of lyrica cold turkey when developed symptoms after citaloprom pooped. My windows were getting longer up to two weeks to then crash down to equally long or longer waves. The first three months were the worst with inability to sleep, inner restlessness where I just kept walking round the room for hours couldn't sit and rest. Start of tinnitus. Loss of weight. 

I'm sorry to have written so much and appreciate we are all suffering but just can't cope at the moment with the thought it's just not going to stabilise.   Thank you for listening.

• Moderator Emeritus

You didn't write a lot at all :)

It is very clear and it was easy to read it so thank you. 

The things I see from what you wrote are the following: Some symptoms have gone and this is really great and positive sign!

fast heartbeat is usually a sign that a drug is too activating and that a dose is too high so it's very good that you reduced the dose.

I actually don't see what got worse except that things stayed very bad (with the exception of those symptoms you described). That is another positive thing. Maybe feeling that things are getting worse is just a feeling and it is more of a things are saying equally bad and not improving as I was expecting it... But the brain has its own schedule. It is very busy fixing itself and the sleep is heling it enormously.

the third very positive thing is that you are actually sleeping well! That's huge! Waking up around 4 o'clock is very, very typical. It even has it's own thread here. Let me find it for you...

Here it is! I believe you will be comforted knowing that other people have been through that (me included!) and there are a lot of little things you can do to ease it.

Overall I'm very positive about your situation!

It is normal to feel that you are not going to stabilize. that together with fear is also a very frequent withdrawal symptom. 

Have you tried taking a smaller dose of magnesium? I don't know how much you took but you could start with a quarter of that. Try Epsom salt baths. Baths are very soothing plus it's a great way to get magnesium.

I would focus all my attention to this: 5.00 - anxiety scaled down minisculey

This might not be a window you are expecting but it's its opening. When I was stabilizing, I would actually thinking only about those initially miniscule moments of relief. 

I would do whatever I can do aid my brain. When I'm in a bad state and have to stay at home I do calming yoga poses (legs up the wall can help a lot or just google some yoga for calming), there is 7 minutes f magic chi gong, I have calm.com app installed. It has some free body scan meditations. You can start with 3 minutes per day. Breathing exercises work wonders for anxiety and calming the vagus nerve and all those cortisol spiking brain centers. Even if you don't notice immediate improvement you are helping your brain immensely. Just a few short activities throughout  the day. Walking in nature saves me. Or just sitting under a tree or on grass if that's all you can do. Grounding and healing energy of mother nature. I have trouble falling asleep and wake up frequently throughout the night and then I listen to sleep stories and guided meditations.

This is my toolkit ;) Each of us have to build their own based on our interests and everything else.

I will see if other mods notice something else in your nicely written symptom pattern but as I said I'm positive :)  and hope there will be more reduction in symptoms soon. 6 weeks sounds a lot but after all the blows the brain took it's not all that much...

I've also written a lot and you can repay me by doing a survey :) It doesn't take long and you don't need to write anything if you don't have the energy. Just tick the boxes. Your voice is important...

You will make it! 

Keep us posted.

10 minutes ago, bubble said:

You didn't write a lot at all :)

It is very clear and it was easy to read it so thank you. 

The things I see from what you wrote are the following: Some symptoms have gone and this is really great and positive sign!

fast heartbeat is usually a sign that a drug is too activating and that a dose is too high so it's very good that you reduced the dose.

I actually don't see what got worse except that things stayed very bad (with the exception of those symptoms you described). That is another positive thing. Maybe feeling that things are getting worse is just a feeling and it is more of a things are saying equally bad and not improving as I was expecting it... But the brain has its own schedule. It is very busy fixing itself and the sleep is heling it enormously.

the third very positive thing is that you are actually sleeping well! That's huge! Waking up around 4 o'clock is very, very typical. It even has it's own thread here. Let me find it for you...

Here it is! I believe you will be comforted knowing that other people have been through that (me included!) and there are a lot of little things you can do to ease it.

Overall I'm very positive about your situation!

It is normal to feel that you are not going to stabilize. that together with fear is also a very frequent withdrawal symptom. 

Have you tried taking a smaller dose of magnesium? I don't know how much you took but you could start with a quarter of that. Try Epsom salt baths. Baths are very soothing plus it's a great way to get magnesium.

I would focus all my attention to this: 5.00 - anxiety scaled down minisculey

This might not be a window you are expecting but it's its opening. When I was stabilizing, I would actually thinking only about those initially miniscule moments of relief. 

I would do whatever I can do aid my brain. When I'm in a bad state and have to stay at home I do calming yoga poses (legs up the wall can help a lot or just google some yoga for calming), there is 7 minutes f magic chi gong, I have calm.com app installed. It has some free body scan meditations. You can start with 3 minutes per day. Breathing exercises work wonders for anxiety and calming the vagus nerve and all those cortisol spiking brain centers. Even if you don't notice immediate improvement you are helping your brain immensely. Just a few short activities throughout  the day. Walking in nature saves me. Or just sitting under a tree or on grass if that's all you can do. Grounding and healing energy of mother nature. I have trouble falling asleep and wake up frequently throughout the night and then I listen to sleep stories and guided meditations.

This is my toolkit ;) Each of us have to build their own based on our interests and everything else.

I will see if other mods notice something else in your nicely written symptom pattern but as I said I'm positive :)  and hope there will be more reduction in symptoms soon. 6 weeks sounds a lot but after all the blows the brain took it's not all that much...

I've also written a lot and you can repay me by doing a survey :) It doesn't take long and you don't need to write anything if you don't have the energy. Just tick the boxes. Your voice is important...

You will make it! 

Keep us posted.

Thank you, thank you so much bubble. You are giving me a lifeline to hope again.  I am crying uncontrollably just reading your reply but that's probably a good thing as it is releasing a little of the pent up nerves. 

As you mentioned in the previous post I have been severely compromised with any drugs/medicine/supplements since first put on cipralex and have dreadful reactions to most of them. I will try an eighth teaspoon of magnesium and keep it at that fir a week and see if my body will begin to accept it.  I am constantly trying to help myself learning about mindful breathing and trying the legs of the wall from the links on here. It is a beautify here and I will try to put myself in the garden and absorb some of the good feelings out there. 

I did the survey when it was first mentioned one evening especially as it is in U.K. Which is where I am from. Hopefully this will be the start of the world becoming aware to the suffering caused. I have suggested on their site they should put it on the media so all the poor people who have not been lucky enough to find SA will hear about it. 

I will I'll try again to turn the negative thoughts into positive. Just knowing people who understand on here helps me so much. 

• Moderator Emeritus

After my cold turkey the forum has been my life line. Sometimes reading the experiences of other people was all I could do.

I was lucky that I would just look for positive people who were dealing with our plight constructively (on that subject check out Shep's thread and follow what she writes to people. She is an example of how much these coping methods can help. Always posts great links and advice.

You are doing all the right things. Even if you don't see immediate effects you are growing a muscle and building up a sturdier brain that will make you stronger for withdrawal and after it.

Crying is great. Very healing. Put yourself in the garden. It is ok to just focus on positives around you even for a few seconds at a time: the sun, the grass, the smell - try to notice and feel as many sensations as you can. Visualise the healing energy of mother earth entering and healing you.

I'm just reading a great book on the power of taking in good in very small amounts: Hardwiring Happiness. Warmy recommend.

Off to my spot by the stream to do what I've just described :)

• Moderator Emeritus

You might want to check out this thread by a nice young man who has also been struggling with Lexapro WD.

You will like his last post a lot.

3 hours ago, bubble said:

You might want to check out this thread by a nice young man who has also been struggling with Lexapro WD.

You will like his last post a lot.

Hi bubble

i hope you had a lovely time by your stream, I will look that book up.   I have read both shep and skyberts threads and they certainly went through hell didn't they but both came out stronger and better although it took a long time.  You also are remarkable in the journey you have endured as well as being able to be so positive and such a support especially to skybert. I am in awe while all I can do in tremble and moan about my unfair life at the moment. 

I pushed myself into the garden tried the deep breathing for about 5 minutes tried reading on my kindle but too agitated although lasted half an hour.  Unfortunately the bowel cramping has revisited since this afternoon which makes for a painful and uncomfortable time. Like skybert my anxiety, nausea etc seem to stem from my stomach as I get awful noises in my stomach and then get flooded with the cortisol/adrenaline. Very loose stools being another joy of life, I never imagined I would one day dream of having a normal poo!!  All symptoms have eased a bit now so going to try and eat some dinner and okay mindless computer games on my iPad to keep myself distracted. 

'And tomorrow is another day........

• Moderator Emeritus

Every little thing counts. 5 minutes is more than enough. A few seconds are enough.

Sometimes I would just lie in bed the whole day because my body needed it. Then I would drag myself out..

Every day is bringing you closer to relief and recovery. Time is our friend.

• Administrator

Hello, Scorpio.

When you get nausea, is it always a couple of hours after you take the Cipralex?

How about the other symptoms, do they happen at the about the same time each day?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hello

thank you for contacting me.  The nausea can hit at anytime it can come and go. Some days it is not there at all. I haven't got it this morning. I went to bed at 11.30 and didn't wake until 6am which is the best nights sleep I have had but woke with the terrifying anxiety and tinnitus screaming in my ear. My stomach is making loads of noise again. I didn't want to get up just laid there trying to drift back to sleep to lose myself. It didnt really work. I haven't had the dizziness that gets me as I get up normally. I have taken my one drop of cipralex half an hour ago and symptoms don't seem to change when I take it. 

I feel on the verge of panic and very hopeless again. I am trying to drink a cup of chamomile tea but it doesn't really help it is more hope over evidence. 

I tried quarter of teaspoon of calms magnesium in glass of water and had amazing relief for two days then it stopped so tried taking two glasses during the day but just kept getting all the anxiety back so stopped it. Tried the glycinate version and that didn't help either. Not sure what to do so frightened. 

I went through months of hell when first put on this now feel as if I have no hoe of recovery. 

14 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hello

thank you for contacting me.  The nausea can hit at anytime it can come and go. Some days it is not there at all. I haven't got it this morning. I went to bed at 11.30 and didn't wake until 6am which is the best nights sleep I have had but woke with the terrifying anxiety and tinnitus screaming in my ear. My stomach is making loads of noise again. I didn't want to get up just laid there trying to drift back to sleep to lose myself. It didnt really work. I haven't had the dizziness that gets me as I get up normally. I have taken my one drop of cipralex half an hour ago and symptoms don't seem to change when I take it. 

I feel on the verge of panic and very hopeless again. I am trying to drink a cup of chamomile tea but it doesn't really help it is more hope over evidence. 

I tried quarter of teaspoon of calms magnesium in glass of water and had amazing relief for two days then it stopped so tried taking two glasses during the day but just kept getting all the anxiety back so stopped it. Tried the glycinate version and that didn't help either. Not sure what to do so frightened. 

I went through months of hell when first put on this now feel as if I have no hoe of recovery. 

Sorry was so frantic I didn't answer your question about symptoms. Apart from anxiety/panic/dread. I have very loose stools but generally once a day. Burning lower legs which can be all day or just occur in the evenings. Can wake with extreme fatigue but haven't really had that four about 5 days. Complete loss of apetite again about 5 days ago but have no real appetite force myself to try and eat. Dreadful dragging pains in bowel which came back yesterday but not there at moment. Heavy feeling in chest. Not there at moment. Burning/ tingling in nether region but seems to have gone for past week. Aching legs can come and go during day. Awful morbid thoughts tend to be in morning but can last all day.

8 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Sorry was so frantic I didn't answer your question about symptoms. Apart from anxiety/panic/dread. I have very loose stools but generally once a day. Burning lower legs which can be all day or just occur in the evenings. Can wake with extreme fatigue but haven't really had that four about 5 days. Complete loss of apetite again about 5 days ago but have no real appetite force myself to try and eat. Dreadful dragging pains in bowel which came back yesterday but not there at moment. Heavy feeling in chest. Not there at moment. Burning/ tingling in nether region but seems to have gone for past week. Aching legs can come and go during day. Awful morbid thoughts tend to be in morning but can last all day.

Another 8 hours passed and now teatime here. Anxiety and panic been very high plus dragging cramping bowels some nausea and aching legs. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Symptoms come and go. that's again positive in my book.

If you have moments of miniscule relief that is also very good. Every day is brining you closer to relief. Hope over evidence is a great attitude. Do as many little coping practices. You are sleeping. That is major. Your brain is recovering.

But after 10 years on drugs it really needs some time.

Keep us posted and surround yourself with positive stories. You can do this. 

28 minutes ago, bubble said:

Symptoms come and go. that's again positive in my book.

If you have moments of miniscule relief that is also very good. Every day is brining you closer to relief. Hope over evidence is a great attitude. Do as many little coping practices. You are sleeping. That is major. Your brain is recovering.

But after 10 years on drugs it really needs some time.

Keep us posted and surround yourself with positive stories. You can do this. 

Yesterday and today have been hell. The anxiety is just overwhelming me from 4am this morning with no relief at all. I am sitting in a sodden heap continuously crying. Bowels agony. Nausea. Hot sweats.  No relief at all. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear that.

Were you able to do anything else to try and distract yourself? Legs up the wall, a breathing exercise, a bath?

I know it is very, very hard. 

Were you able to eat anything and drink?

The fact that you are able to sleep is major.

Maybe this is just a wave and it will stop soon.

We will continue thinking about what could make things better for you.

As utterly horrible as it is, remember that it can't harm you and you will recover.

Keep us posted.

Hi bubble, as always you lift me up having spent the day verging on panic and horrible morbid thoughts to the extent I had to ring my brother to 'save' me with just talking. 

I feel awful moaning and whining when I am fully aware everyone is going through their own battles. It is just so frightening and if anything feels worse but as you say hopefully it is another wave and will improve. Banana and probiotic yogurt is all I have managed but will try again at dinner time. I did listen to the mindful breathing ap twice today and stuck my legs up the wall for about 10 minutes apart from that was just a snivelling wreck. Pathetic isn't it a grown woman of advancing years acting like my grandson!  From 4am there has been no respite again but I am going to give myself another talking too and still going to try and go on holiday next week as I'm sure I will benefit if I can get there. 

'Thank you bubble for your kindness 

• Administrator

What time of day do you take Cipralex? Do your symptoms follow any daily pattern? Which symptoms do you get during the day and which at night?

Waking at 4 a.m. is a common withdrawal syndrome pattern. The daily cortisol cycle starts in the early morning; when your system is sensitized, the normal stimulation can feel like panic or anxiety.

The cortisol cycle is triggered by light sensed by the eyes and skin. Can you keep your bedroom very dark, with blackout shades or curtains on the windows? Wearing a sleep mask may also diminish the cortisol effect.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

2 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Hi bubble, as always you lift me up having spent the day verging on panic and horrible morbid thoughts to the extent I had to ring my brother to 'save' me with just talking. 

I feel awful moaning and whining when I am fully aware everyone is going through their own battles. It is just so frightening and if anything feels worse but as you say hopefully it is another wave and will improve. Banana and probiotic yogurt is all I have managed but will try again at dinner time. I did listen to the mindful breathing ap twice today and stuck my legs up the wall for about 10 minutes apart from that was just a snivelling wreck. Pathetic isn't it a grown woman of advancing years acting like my grandson!  From 4am there has been no respite again but I am going to give myself another talking too and still going to try and go on holiday next week as I'm sure I will benefit if I can get there. 

'Thank you bubble for your kindness 

Don't  for one second think your whining Scorpio ,ive had a very rough past 24 hours and last night I was so relieved to get a reply from Mit ,and this morning I posted and more great members posted me,i  was touched .don't judge the fact your like this ,its hard enough coping with the fear and dread feelings .

Have compassion for yourself and I wish you recovery .

PB

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Oh powerback. I'm so sorry that you are having a dreadful time too. Isn't it hell and whilst in it you feel you are never going to come out of it. We will speak to each other and share the trauma and I will make sure tomorrow I will message you and we will support each other. Hugs. 

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

What time of day do you take Cipralex? Do your symptoms follow any daily pattern? Which symptoms do you get during the day and which at night?

Waking at 4 a.m. is a common withdrawal syndrome pattern. The daily cortisol cycle starts in the early morning; when your system is sensitized, the normal stimulation can feel like panic or anxiety.

The cortisol cycle is triggered by light sensed by the eyes and skin. Can you keep your bedroom very dark, with blackout shades or curtains on the windows? Wearing a sleep mask may also diminish the cortisol effect.

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

Thank you for coming back to me.  I take the 1mg at about 6.30/7.00am   I always wake with the anxiety, tinnitus. Dizziness comes and goes during day - some days no dizziness very rarely at night. Nausea sweeps in and out no pattern to it again rarely have it in evening. Burning lower legs was only in the evenings but have also had all day and evening today. Headaches come and go daytime and evening but no pattern. Bowel cramping again no pattern but all day today and again eased off this evening. 

Noises from stomach often starts about half an hour after I have taken the cipralex and cortisol then floods over me again. 

The anxiety ramps up during the morning over last few days to extreme level and stays.  

Once in bed I feel not too bad can read and go to sleep without much difficulty some nights harder than others. For a couple of nights slept until 5.30/6.00am. Back to 4.am now 

Hi scorpio,

I'm not sure if the moderators will approve of me telling you this, but tryptophan has been a lifesaver for me while I was (and am) in the throes of intense, neverending, unbearable withdrawal-induced anxiety. Tryptophan is a serotonin precursor, and although it may not help in the long run (as it does stimulate the serotonin receptors we are trying to heal), it has helped me immensely even though the pain was still there, it made it even just a little more bearable. I think it's much better than reinstating, that's for sure. I also read somewhere about benadryl helping with this anxiety, and I can vouch for that one too. When you are in intense anxiety, it is hard for you to try anything because you believe nothing will work and you're afraid of everything and anything you may try. But just taking these two things has lessened the severity of the horrid pain and anxiety I have felt (and am feeling) during this withdrawal journey and all it takes is going to your room or pantry or whatever and swallowing a pill. Good luck, I wish you the best, and I hope everything turns out okay.

Zoloft 50 mg from April 23, 2015 to August 28th, 2016 (1 year, 4 months).

4 week taper. Last dose on August 28, 2016

Mianserin 30 mg in an attempt to reverse PSSD from September 6th, 2017–around mid November 2017 after a few week taper. Did not fix PSSD

Currently taking: Melatonin and magnesium every night.

Have been awake since 2am with terrible anxiety and panic and hot sweats. Have just taken cipralex and now have the dry mouth that happens when in bad way. God I'm so desperate and frightened 

• Moderator Emeritus

I know that you are frightened because this is all very scary.

10 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Once in bed I feel not too bad can read and go to sleep without much difficulty some nights harder than others. For a couple of nights slept until 5.30/6.00am. Back to 4.am now 

This is very important for me. I believe you will come back to your usual sleep pattern soon. I was also awake with anxiety for a big part of the night this night because I'm under a lot of stress that I can't avoid atm... You are not whining. You are doing all the right things and I pray you get a well deserved relief soon.

Just keep reaching out and we will work something out together.

I listen to a lot of Mooji when I'm like that:

2 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Have been awake since 2am with terrible anxiety and panic and hot sweats. Have just taken cipralex and now have the dry mouth that happens when in bad way. God I'm so desperate and frightened 

Ah dam anxiety and panic .

give this a try if you haven't heard of it before scorpio

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Thank you bubble. Just feel so ill and hopeless. I think you are much braver and stronger than I am. After all this time taking a drug that was causing me so much pain and stupidly believing drs telling me I should try harder to now go through this is just more than I can bear.so sorry you are suffering too. Hugs

9 minutes ago, powerback said:

Ah dam anxiety and panic .

give this a try if you haven't heard of it before scorpio

Thank you power back. Have given it a go and will keep doing it to try and gain some control. 

5 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Thank you power back. Have given it a go and will keep doing it to try and gain some control. 

your welcome even if it distracts from the dreaded spiral ,but it does feel impossible when it happens ,maybe write down on a notepad that you got through a bad episode and you can look back on that in an attack to see you've got through it before .

Take care

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• Moderator Emeritus

How are things?

48 minutes ago, bubble said:

How are things?

Terrible. Been going through those awful panic feelings which I can't slow down, and severe anxiety along with all the other symptoms. Have made it through the day with now one very unwell husband and me trying to help him which if it was on tv would be funny!  I am trying to hold onto hope but I am so struggling. 

'Sorry bubble going on about me again. How has your day been good I hope. 

10 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Terrible. Been going through those awful panic feelings which I can't slow down, and severe anxiety along with all the other symptoms. Have made it through the day with now one very unwell husband and me trying to help him which if it was on tv would be funny!  I am trying to hold onto hope but I am so struggling. 

'Sorry bubble going on about me again. How has your day been good I hope. 

My daughter took me to the doctor yesterday as she was so worried for me. Wrote down the history of what had happened since citaloprom stopped working. A dr I had never seen before in my practice. Explained about withdrawal and sensitivity to any medicine 

he prescribed omeprazole for my stomach and sertraline 50mg. I kept telling him I was sensitive but he had no idea about the problems this has caused. 

My family want me to take them to make me better. I am so scared. I haven't taken anything including the cipralex this morning I just don't know what to do. Help 

12 hours ago, Scorpio said:

My daughter took me to the doctor yesterday as she was so worried for me. Wrote down the history of what had happened since citaloprom stopped working. A dr I had never seen before in my practice. Explained about withdrawal and sensitivity to any medicine 

he prescribed omeprazole for my stomach and sertraline 50mg. I kept telling him I was sensitive but he had no idea about the problems this has caused. 

My family want me to take them to make me better. I am so scared. I haven't taken anything including the cipralex this morning I just don't know what to do. Help 

Hi bubble. 

I hope you are ok and whatever the stresses you are going through are easing to let that horrible anxiety abate.

a quick update to my post this morning. I have spoken to my family begged them to look at this site and although anxiety/panic still severe I took the 1mg cipralex this morning and one of the omeprasole to help my poor stomach. I am not taking the sertraline and don't intend to. So still have same horrible situation but have survived to fight another day and will try to be stronger next time the family try to get me to a doctor - useless specimens. I must have told him 5 times too sensitive for and anti depressant or anything else for that matter and while kind totally ignored me. 

14 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Hi bubble. 

I hope you are ok and whatever the stresses you are going through are easing to let that horrible anxiety abate.

a quick update to my post this morning. I have spoken to my family begged them to look at this site and although anxiety/panic still severe I took the 1mg cipralex this morning and one of the omeprasole to help my poor stomach. I am not taking the sertraline and don't intend to. So still have same horrible situation but have survived to fight another day and will try to be stronger next time the family try to get me to a doctor - useless specimens. I must have told him 5 times too sensitive for and anti depressant or anything else for that matter and while kind totally ignored me. 

Another 2am morning anxiety and panic are too much for me to bear I am so frightened and feel this is never going to get better. Just want some relief from this complete hell. Took the omeprazole for stomach yesterday certainly hasn't helped with the acidic noises or bowel cramping so not sure how I should continue with that. Might get someone to get me some Epsom salts to have a foot soak as can't take it in a drink   Anyone have any ideas to help me get through this nightmare as I'm giving up hope. 

• Moderator Emeritus
3 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Another 2am morning anxiety and panic are too much for me to bear I am so frightened and feel this is never going to get better. Just want some relief from this complete hell. Took the omeprazole for stomach yesterday certainly hasn't helped with the acidic noises or bowel cramping so not sure how I should continue with that. Might get someone to get me some Epsom salts to have a foot soak as can't take it in a drink   Anyone have any ideas to help me get through this nightmare as I'm giving up hope. 

I'm so sorry to hear you are struggling so badly!

I somehow missed your posts yesterday although I was thinking about you and hoping things would settle down..

I asked other mods for their opinion again.

Since you are so sensitive starting anything at full those is a bad idea but sadly doctors don't know of anything else.

This can't harm you no matter how horrible it is. Are you still able to get some sleep till 2 am?

Some people get zero sleep for days and still manage...

Epsom salts are a great idea.

Do you feel up to describing your symptom pattern again? It seems things have changed, not for the better as we were hoping...

I'm sorry I can't be of more help but hope somebody else will have some idea.

How did you feel when you didn't take cipralex? Maybe we could see what happens if you reduce it again.. gradual changes are easier on the brain and maybe it would give us an indication of what is it that your brain would be most satisfied wih atm...

You will get out of this.