Vogue: 12 years of Lexapro

Vogue

Hi all. I'm a 39 year old male. I have been on Lexapro for about 12 years. I have suffered from depression and anxiety. I also had PTSD about 8 year's ago. Recently things have been really good. My wife is a huge support. About 6 months ago I tried to reduce my Lexapro but it didn't work. Then recently I found this forum that gave me the confidence to try again. 3 weeks ago I cut my meds to 15mg. Too much reduction. 2 days ago I went back to 17.5mg and the withdrawal symptoms are much better. I think I should stick to the 10% rule and be patient.

I have also finally come to the conclusion that I need to quit drinking. I drink 5 to 6 nights a week and usually 3 to 4 drinks a night. Any suggestions how to achieve this??? On top of reducing meds.

My main reason is the fatigue. I feel like I have had CFS for the last 10 years. I need to nap every day and am constantly exhausted. Have people noticed an improvement in energy from dropping from 20mg to 10mg?

Thanks in advance.

Lexapro 20 mg for past 12 years.

2016 tried to taper to 15mg. Didn't work.

Now. On 17.5mg.

Also trying it quit alcohol.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Vogue: 12 years of Lexapro

Hey, Vogue. Welcome to SA. Many of us have been through this and we understand. Please put your signature in your history.

Please put your withdrawal history in your signature

After we have some more details we can make further recommendations.

Edited by AliG

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

What other symptoms are you experiencing, apart from the fatigue? I would stabilize on the 17.5mg for a good while before attempting to taper.

Edited by AliG

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014