Altostrata

PSSD Post-SSRI sexual dysfunction

Anubhav
On 6/27/2018 at 3:36 AM, Gavalar09 said:

There are 1000’s of us going through this and looking at forums not a lot of us who experience this for several years recover fully if at all. 

I know for me, there are days where I just barely manage and erection, but for the past 4 months, I’ve failed many times to get an erection and don’t have any morning wood. SSRIs definitely castrated me 

I can totally understand your situation.... Did you loose your libido while on SSRI or after discontinuing it

Anubhav

Is it possible to get Pssd symptom after 6 months in withdrawal 

Gavalar09

Hi all, 

suppose ive just experience a huge window of improvement where in the last few days I experienced arousal but I could also see improvements sexually too, where my impotence seemed a lot less. 

It feels like I’m back to square one this morning again but for almost 5 days I’ve felt ‘normal’. Surely it means I can get that feeling back at some point? Just nice to see things working to be honest 

Spruce30

How long have you been off SSRI's Gavalar09?

Gavalar09

Hi Spruce, 

Its been just over 3 years now 

Spruce30

Same here, it's been just over 3 years since I have been off everything. Do you feel you have made much progress in those 3 years?

Gavalar09
6 hours ago, Spruce30 said:

Same here, it's been just over 3 years since I have been off everything. Do you feel you have made much progress in those 3 years?

At times I do, there are times where I can get an erection but it’s forced if that makes sense? My libido is definitely different to what it was before. I seem to have good and bad days but my function has not returned 100%

frasier23
On 1/12/2018 at 5:12 AM, BlueLeader said:

Update, going into my fifth year having PSSD. I have recovered a bit, still no where near 100% but vastly better than I was when I first was afflicted with PSSD. 

The thing that helped me the most physically and mentally was lifting weights and cardio exercise. I have begun to experience some more windows of feeling, function, and some waves of feeling and function (the best).

Don't get me wrong, still have all the host of PSSD symptoms and then some, but have noticed slight improvement. 

Will I ever fully recover?  I don't know but I will continue on the journey.

Like your attitude, yourre on the right path. It will happen man. 

frasier23
29 minutes ago, Gavalar09 said:

At times I do, there are times where I can get an erection but it’s forced if that makes sense? My libido is definitely different to what it was before. I seem to have good and bad days but my function has not returned 100%

Havent read full thread but writing this anyways. IF you havent tried running splits 3 times/weeks I advise  you to try it. Try for one month and see. Its can be fun too but start slow. 

Gavalar09

Running splits? What are those and How do they help? 

frasier23

Sorry for my english. Think the Word may be interval training (HIT).  It will increase /regenerate things that helps your hormones (growt hormones, testo etc)  and overall better blood flow. 

Interval training is a little bit tricky to start with since many think its boring and forced. But its not when you learn how to do it. 

Gavalar09

Ah yes! I already do a lot of HIT training, I keep a healthy diet and workout as much as I can. 

Spruce30

Galvanar09 I get what you are saying. I have seen small improvements in 3 years, but nothing major. 

I feel my libido and overall PSSD has gone from about 5% of how I used to be pre PSSD, to about 12% of how I used to be pre PSSD. So not much.

How much would you say your PSSD has improved in the last 3 years using percentages?

Spruce30

Also Galvanar09 have you reported your PSSD to Rxisk?

Gavalar09

I’d say by about 10-20% depending on certain scenarios.

It does make things difficult with relationships though, especially when I struggle to get and maintain and erection. 

Some days are loads better and I feel normal but some days it’s completely dead. 

It makes condom use impossible and sometimes without condoms it’s very hit and miss. 

I have reported to Rxisk

Theboyfriend

Hi. I’m not sure if I’m intruding or not. I am not suffering from PSSD, but my gf has been since being on an AD for about 6 months on 2012. Her libido is completely gone. We have sex a handful of times a year, and when we do I feel like she’s completely disinterested and she never achieves orgasm. I/we are just looking for some answers, treatment, hope. 

Altostrata

Hello, your girlfriend is experiencing a very common side effect of antidepressants: Sexual dysfunction.

Antidepressants are much more effective at eliminating sexual interest and response than they are at reversing depression. Please consult Dr. Google and read up on antidepressant-induced sexual dysfunction.

This is not post-SSRI sexual dysfunction, which occurs when you go off the antidepressant.

Theboyfriend

Yes, she’s been off them since 2012 and was only on them for 6 months. 

Altostrata

She may be suffering from PSSD. It would be more helpful if she registered here. It's hard to discuss this with a third party.

Gavalar09

Hi theboyfriend, 

Has she shown any improvements since coming off them at all? 

Spruce30

To "the boyfriend",

It sounds like she is suffering from PSSD. It would be helpful if she could report it to Rxisk, as they are collecting reports to try and get the medical establishment to take it seriously. All reports are treated confidentially.

potions

Hey everyone. I am here to inform you that Dark0047 has passed away by suicide. He couldn’t take PSSD anymore. I was his close friend and am in shock. He told me to post to the forums if it happened to help the pssd community. So here I go. Please pray for him and remember him.

Spruce30

Just to let everyone know I have some sad news. 

Dark0047 who had PSSD and was a member of the PSSD Facebook group took his own life a few days ago.

He told a number of people just before taking his own life, that he couldn't deal with living with PSSD anymore.

I feel so bad for him; he was only 23. 

Please people stay safe. There is hope we can all recover from PSSD with enough time. Let's remember Dark0047 by being determined to stay the course and recover from PSSD.

Edited by ChessieCat
masked name for privacy

Altostrata

Thank you, Potions and Spruce. This is a terrible tragedy. We are all stunned.

Please do not let your grief over PSSD take over your thinking. Recovery can be very, very slow and frustrating, to be sure, but there are ways you can grow and get on with your life despite this.

frasier23

Very sad to hear. I think pressure from society create most interna pressure besides huge pressure from the pssd itself. Questions like "where is you gf/ did you get any last weekend etc" can be very hurtful if yourre in this position. As written before it, try to expand life with new things. And try to tell some close People about your pssd it will help you carry this. 

Even with pssd, taking a swim in pool is still fun. Sure you cant do it all the time but maybe you can find more things like that and in the future when pssd is better you will have a more rich life. 

Know its hard though .. Suicide is not the answer especially not when young. 

1Day

We will not forget him. And like Spruce said, we continue this fight in his name. It is terrible what has happened. 

But I would also like to say this: every person, whether it be doctors, people working for drug companies, government health regulatory authorities etc. that know about the dangers of these drugs and have kept quiet about it, today have blood on their hands.  I, and am sure many others on this site, hold them responsible. 

Anubhav

Okay so this is the thing, my sexual functions were normal during withdrawal....I think when i reinstated to a high dose of 10 mg my libido has gone low, I don't get morning erections....Is it possible that the high dose of reinstatement affected my sexual functions 

1Day
4 hours ago, Anubhav said:

Okay so this is the thing, my sexual functions were normal during withdrawal....I think when i reinstated to a high dose of 10 mg my libido has gone low, I don't get morning erections....Is it possible that the high dose of reinstatement affected my sexual functions 

Yes.  Every time you go on/off these drugs you risk a different reaction. 

Anubhav
3 hours ago, 1Day said:

Yes.  Every time you go on/off these drugs you risk a different reaction. 

I hope it gets better.....I did have a adverse reaction to reinstatement....I hate my doc 

jonnypeters1234567
On 7/27/2018 at 7:27 AM, frasier23 said:

Very sad to hear. I think pressure from society create most interna pressure besides huge pressure from the pssd itself. Questions like "where is you gf/ did you get any last weekend etc" can be very hurtful if yourre in this position. As written before it, try to expand life with new things. And try to tell some close People about your pssd it will help you carry this. 

Even with pssd, taking a swim in pool is still fun. Sure you cant do it all the time but maybe you can find more things like that and in the future when pssd is better you will have a more rich life. 

Know its hard though .. Suicide is not the answer especially not when young. 

Great sentence and relates to all symptoms of withdrawal.

Gavalar09

Sad to hear the recent news.

its not surprising people are looking into suicide as a way out. I’m currently in a huge downward spiral regarding impotence and genital numbness due to this. It’s got worse in the last month. My libido is completely dead and I’m practically an asexual. How can you have a relationship without sex? 

Spruce30

1 day is right.

The drug companies and the doctors that turned a blind eye to Dark 0047 suffering, have blood on their hands. They are at a minimum guilty of manslaughter in the case of the drug companies (some would argue murder), and aiding and abetting manslaughter in the case of the doctors who ignore this.

We should keep fighting and not give up until we get PSSD recognised for torturous condition that it is.

greenwell3977

Hello.  I have a general question.  Do men with PSSD generally get morning wood?  Or do men with PSSD not get morning wood, on average?

Spruce30

I sometimes get morning wood, but not as often as pre PSSD

1Day

Same as Spruce. I quite often do, but not as often as before. I have read a number of guys who say they don't get it at all with PSSD. But I have no idea what the norm is.