Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Moderator
brassmonkey

There is no need to shout Pedro.  PSSD is a very minor part of what this forum is about.  We are about getting off of psych drugs in a careful and safe manner. Members sex lives are their own problem.  If you had taken the time to read through the forum then you would find that PSSD affects relatively few of our members, that a very large number of our members do indeed have loving partners and huge support networks, and yes they are concerned about other aspects of ADWD that are way more important than sexual performance. Things such as surviving the day without having a mental breakdown, earning a living, keeping a roof over ones head while going through the bowels of H***.  Most people are not going to come to you to explain how they get better unless you ask politely, until then I suggest that you read the success storys forum and you will get all the answers you are looking for.

 

In the future please keep your tone civil, failure to do so will result in a formal warning.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

 

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Spruce30

    98

  • Altostrata

    96

  • potions

    70

  • Zeipii

    62

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all,   Although I still have a whole host of symptoms affecting my capacity to be a part of life I want to report on significant progress in respect to pssd. For at least 6-8 months af

To everyone following this thread and to those of you suffering from PSSD and other withdraws related issues such as anhedonia and numbness:   a few few weeks ago I was talking to my brother

And no intention to be rude, but comparing to various cases I just seem to have a very severe case with all possible hellish symptoms. I hope and prey every minute that all sufferers will heal. Thats

Brassmonkey,

I agree with you to an extent, however I have suffered severe and intense wd symptoms other than pssd (such as cortisol awakenings, severe insomnia, akathisia and overwhelming anxiety, suicidality, overwhelming shaking, extreme fatigue, etc.) and those are horrid to say the least. But PSSD (and all that goes with it including emotional blunting, anhedonia, inability to feel love or infatuation, having your ability to have feelings for someone ripped away from you at the age of 19) has given me a sort of mental torture in and of itself. It probably also exasperated some other wd symptoms.

 

This is not just sexual dysfunction. It is pure mental torture. I always valued pleasure and infatuation, and wallowed in the idea of love, forming deep attachments with people and having powerful exciting feelings of infatuation for people. That is all gone now, and it has made me severely depressed. Pssd is the icing on the cake to the other horrible wd symptoms I experience. Not only are my genitals numb, but I’m numb to all worldly pleasures. My friend dropped out of school due to pssd and many have committed suicide due to it. It’s a horrid thing to endure. 

Zoloft 50 mg from April 23, 2015 to August 28th, 2016 (1 year, 4 months).

4 week taper. Last dose on August 28, 2016

 

Mianserin 30 mg in an attempt to reverse PSSD from September 6th, 2017–around mid November 2017 after a few week taper. Did not fix PSSD

 

Currently taking: Melatonin and magnesium every night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, brassmonkey said:

There is no need to shout Pedro.  PSSD is a very minor part of what this forum is about.  We are about getting off of psych drugs in a careful and safe manner. Members sex lives are their own problem.  If you had taken the time to read through the forum then you would find that PSSD affects relatively few of our members, that a very large number of our members do indeed have loving partners and huge support networks, and yes they are concerned about other aspects of ADWD that are way more important than sexual performance. Things such as surviving the day without having a mental breakdown, earning a living, keeping a roof over ones head while going through the bowels of H***.  Most people are not going to come to you to explain how they get better unless you ask politely, until then I suggest that you read the success storys forum and you will get all the answers you are looking for.

 

In the future please keep your tone civil, failure to do so will result in a formal warning.

I do not see what Pedro does wrong here even if talking 'loud'. I think you can ask the kinds of questions he is asking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pedroknopfler

I am sorry. I did not want to scream. My language is not English and when using the google translator the lyrics are copied with that size. It was not my intention to shout or attack anyone, only to express my opinion, and after much research in this and other forums I keep thinking what I said in my previous post until I heard someone say that he left the ssri and, have other symptoms of withdrawal or not, have a full sexual life and a normal sex life.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the post was OK.  Sexual dysfunction is a real concern for many people on this site - I have read it time and time again.

 

This site should not be seen to bully members or intimidate them.  It is disappointing to see bullying here.  This is something SA has been criticised for previously and has clearly not learnt.

 

Please feel free to bully me.

 

Back to 20 mg at some point

22/3/18 down to 19.8 mg and feeling well

31/3/18 down to 19.6 mg and feeling well

14/4/18 down to 19.4 mg

05/5/18 down to 19.2 mg and feeling well

14/5/18 kicked out of my marital home/marriage/family unexpectedly when son took over farm

During many hospitalisations for shock/stress put on

1mg lorazepam prn

50mg quetiapine night for sleep

40 mg citalopram

10/01/2021  stopped taking quetiapine totally after a slow taper

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, joy2730 said:

I think the post was OK.  Sexual dysfunction is a real concern for many people on this site - I have read it time and time again.

 

This site should not be seen to bully members or intimidate them.  It is disappointing to see bullying here.  This is something SA has been criticised for previously and has clearly not learnt.

 

Please feel free to bully me.

Yes I agree. I’ve also frequently seen people talk about emotional numbness and losing feelings for their partners, which are commonly experienced by pssd sufferers and may be part of the condition too

Zoloft 50 mg from April 23, 2015 to August 28th, 2016 (1 year, 4 months).

4 week taper. Last dose on August 28, 2016

 

Mianserin 30 mg in an attempt to reverse PSSD from September 6th, 2017–around mid November 2017 after a few week taper. Did not fix PSSD

 

Currently taking: Melatonin and magnesium every night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
brassmonkey

That's fine Pedro, I understand about the language and translator problems.  PSSD is a very hotbed subject and as you can see any discussion becomes very heated quite quickly, so we have to monitor it very closely. Thank you for your cooperation.

 

Emotional numbness and loss of feelings for a partner are major symptoms of ADWD in general and are not just limited to PSSD.  So it can not be assumed that all members who are experiencing these symptoms are also experiencing PSSD.  Nor can it be assumed that because a person is experiencing what they think is PSSD that they are suffering more than any other member. All discussions need to be be kept in perspective and within the guidelines set forth for the site.

 

None of the mods here are in the habit of bullying any member, but do, at times have to take a firm hand to maintain the tone of the site.  Also we do not condone any form of bullying directed at us by any member. 

 

This subject is now closed.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

 

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not say people with PSSD are suffering more than any other member, I’m saying their suffering should be acknowledged. And the discussion seemed civil to me. . .among most of us. And I did *not* say that everyone who has emotional numbing/loss of feelings for partner has PSSD. But most with pssd have those things and it is part of their distress. And (as joy said), sexual dysfunction is a fairly common thing talked about on here

 

Sorry for continuing this subject, I just felt the need to respond to certain things

Zoloft 50 mg from April 23, 2015 to August 28th, 2016 (1 year, 4 months).

4 week taper. Last dose on August 28, 2016

 

Mianserin 30 mg in an attempt to reverse PSSD from September 6th, 2017–around mid November 2017 after a few week taper. Did not fix PSSD

 

Currently taking: Melatonin and magnesium every night.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is just way too much of a draw in my opinion. It's not even worth it to wait 3, 5, 8 years to slowly see minuscule improvements if any while my brain sits in a vegetative and anhedonic state, emotionally blunted and unable to interact normally with people because of that etc. I'm not living with this for even another year. I don't even care if I start to see ever so slight, tiny little improvements. No. I'm numb. I have 0 emotions except for extreme rage about how much SSRIs destroyed my entire being and a bit of disgust for everyone around me who cannot even begin to understand the torment of living with this condition or going through ssri wd. I absolutely refuse to accept this condition. It's gotten to a point where I am not even worried anymore, I'm not even depressed about it, I'm just DONE. I am completely-COMPLETELY numb. This is not worth it at all

Zoloft 50 mg from April 23, 2015 to August 28th, 2016 (1 year, 4 months).

4 week taper. Last dose on August 28, 2016

 

Mianserin 30 mg in an attempt to reverse PSSD from September 6th, 2017–around mid November 2017 after a few week taper. Did not fix PSSD

 

Currently taking: Melatonin and magnesium every night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

Believe me, we're all sympathetic, potions. But we don't know of a fix. You cannot tell when you might recover. It could be 3 years, but it could be 15 months or 21 months or 5 months. You just don't know. You have to live with that uncertainty. This is not the way we're used to living. It takes some evolution, which can be painful.

 

As I've said before, this condition makes us all Zen. There's nothing to do but accept it, live as healthy as possible, and move on.

 

 

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, potions said:

This is just way too much of a draw in my opinion. It's not even worth it to wait 3, 5, 8 years to slowly see minuscule improvements if any while my brain sits in a vegetative and anhedonic state, emotionally blunted and unable to interact normally with people because of that etc. I'm not living with this for even another year. I don't even care if I start to see ever so slight, tiny little improvements. No. I'm numb. I have 0 emotions except for extreme rage about how much SSRIs destroyed my entire being and a bit of disgust for everyone around me who cannot even begin to understand the torment of living with this condition or going through ssri wd. I absolutely refuse to accept this condition. It's gotten to a point where I am not even worried anymore, I'm not even depressed about it, I'm just DONE. I am completely-COMPLETELY numb. This is not worth it at all

I am along the same lines with Potions. Not a slightest sign of improvement and the general disabling anhedonia in 12 months. It all started very quickly, and to me it is a sign some tolerance was exceeded and things broke in the brain / central nervous system. Being Zen does not help, and so does nothing. All encouragement has since long started to sound like some pitiful confrontation to keep living even if there is no life any more. Today last time my pdoc said you are anyway alive. I took her by the hand, looked her deep into the eyes and said: you do not know what it is to be clinically alive, but not living and left. I am tired of this confrontation ****, because it is not helping at all. Also it is absurd that people think that therapy etc. would help. Nervous system destroyed, what the hell will talking heal? All just stupid ways to generate 'care' business, which will not help. Talking may help before you take your first poison pill. After that you are subject to potentially destroying your life. And all that for placebo level effectiveness. Pdocs keep this system alive with pig pharma, because they would be all out of work if the truth of psychiatric medicines was not known. I say this all especially regarding depression and anxiety. Maybe in an extreme case of psychosis some medication may be needed, but in general also there it has been shown time heals. In depression it will, you just need people around you. And possibly some short time of short acting relaxants. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

Please read my post again. We can't work miracles here, this is just a Web site.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Please read my post again. We can't work miracles here, this is just a Web site.

Why do you think I would expect that. But let's not hide the reality. What good is that? When the hope is gone, what is there to do? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Altostrata for offering some hope and support. I needed that.

Zoloft 50 mg from April 23, 2015 to August 28th, 2016 (1 year, 4 months).

4 week taper. Last dose on August 28, 2016

 

Mianserin 30 mg in an attempt to reverse PSSD from September 6th, 2017–around mid November 2017 after a few week taper. Did not fix PSSD

 

Currently taking: Melatonin and magnesium every night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
brassmonkey

A very wise woman once told me, " if you can not find it within yourself, you will never find it without".  All peace and acceptance come from the inside and can not be applied over the top.  It is up to each individual to find that peace within and move past the blaming of others for the situation that they find themselves in. Only then can they truly be at peace with the world. Anger, hatred and self-pity are very strong and overpowering emotions, but with work they can be put aside and moved past, but until they are life will be miserable. The choice is up to each individual.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

 

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, brassmonkey said:

A very wise woman once told me, " if you can not find it within yourself, you will never find it without".  All peace and acceptance come from the inside and can not be applied over the top.  It is up to each individual to find that peace within and move past the blaming of others for the situation that they find themselves in. Only then can they truly be at peace with the world. Anger, hatred and self-pity are very strong and overpowering emotions, but with work they can be put aside and moved past, but until they are life will be miserable. The choice is up to each individual.

Really appreciate your thoughts, and there is no disagreement on that principle. Isn't that some kind of a generic wisdom. However if a person has put all his/her hope, motivation, efforts and trials of remedy in place for a long long time with no improvement, you can not say it is a lack of dedication and the best one can do. If one is simply injured by psychiatric chemicals both physically and mentally it is not a matter of self will. It is a biological/medical state, out if which one may heal or may not regardless of all optimism, mindfulness and acceptance. To me a meaning of a discussion forum is to find information and peer support. This includes telling about reality, known facts, findings and anecdotes - how sad or happy they may be. No one here will not try their best and believe there are a lot of wise people among us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
brassmonkey

You've missed the point of my post entirely. Despite of what the world has done to you, if you can not allow yourself to be content with where you are you will never be content. It has nothing to do with the physical healing of a malady. I would suggest going to YouTube and watching some videos of three legged dogs playing fetch.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

 

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t allow myself to be content with the zombification that ssris have caused in me, no matter how hard I want to. I won’t accept it now and I won’t ever accept it. I’m either recovering or else

Zoloft 50 mg from April 23, 2015 to August 28th, 2016 (1 year, 4 months).

4 week taper. Last dose on August 28, 2016

 

Mianserin 30 mg in an attempt to reverse PSSD from September 6th, 2017–around mid November 2017 after a few week taper. Did not fix PSSD

 

Currently taking: Melatonin and magnesium every night.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m simply not the type of person who could ever considering being okay with the complete annhiliation of my emotions, pleasure response, and excitement in life. I’d rather have no leg 100%. In fact I’d probably chop off my leg to get rid of this 

Zoloft 50 mg from April 23, 2015 to August 28th, 2016 (1 year, 4 months).

4 week taper. Last dose on August 28, 2016

 

Mianserin 30 mg in an attempt to reverse PSSD from September 6th, 2017–around mid November 2017 after a few week taper. Did not fix PSSD

 

Currently taking: Melatonin and magnesium every night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

Nobody is telling you to be content with your situation. What we're saying is to move your attention to other parts of your life while you wait to recover.

 

PSSD is not the focus of SurvivingAntidepressants.org. We look at it as only one manifestation of post-withdrawal syndrome.

 

We're sympathetic but this community is not for endless complaining, we don't believe that's the road to healing. If you want to continually bemoan your situation, please join a PSSD group elsewhere. I mean it.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How long did it take you to fully recover from PSSD Altostrata? Did you feel you would never heal at some points?

Last took an SSRI January 2009.

 

Last took a benzodiazepine May 2015.

 

Free from all prescription medication since May 2015.

 

Everything has mostly healed apart from PSSD which is still very bad, and is my most distressing symptom. Also i have developed some allergy problems/ sensitivities to things in the environment which i believe was possibly caused by the prescription medications (SSRI's and benzos).

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

You've missed the point of my post entirely. Despite of what the world has done to you, if you can not allow yourself to be content with where you are you will never be content. It has nothing to do with the physical healing of a malady. I would suggest going to YouTube and watching some videos of three legged dogs playing fetch.

Being in a very bad condition of anhedonia, I can tell you that there is no willpower to get yourself thinking of other than your state. I can not even get out of bed. Please be understanding and not worsen suffering people's minds even further. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Nobody is telling you to be content with your situation. What we're saying is to move your attention to other parts of your life while you wait to recover.

 

PSSD is not the focus of SurvivingAntidepressants.org. We look at it as only one manifestation of post-withdrawal syndrome.

 

We're sympathetic but this community is not for endless complaining, we don't believe that's the road to healing. If you want to continually bemoan your situation, please join a PSSD group elsewhere. I mean it.

Why should some of the most devastating wd symptoms, especially anhedonia and pssd that comes close to it be somehow excluded from the forum discussion?  We are the people suffering most and want to talk. This is even a thread focused on pssd so why can one not open up his/her questions, findings (such as polls on recovery, asking for recovery stories if any etc.) and tell about personal story and suffering. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Nobody is telling you to be content with your situation. What we're saying is to move your attention to other parts of your life while you wait to recover.

 

PSSD is not the focus of SurvivingAntidepressants.org. We look at it as only one manifestation of post-withdrawal syndrome.

 

We're sympathetic but this community is not for endless complaining, we don't believe that's the road to healing. If you want to continually bemoan your situation, please join a PSSD group elsewhere. I mean it.

I am happy for you since you dont seem to have been through the hell of (maybe permanent) anhedonia, which seems to often be the main curse of people with severe pssd, too. When you are in that hole, you just do not think of anything else, you can not. So please try to even understand and stop being rude. People come here to talk and look for peers or any information about someone healing. It is best to put down everything you know and feel. And yes, this is a thread for pssd, I think here it is natural that people talk about it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
3 hours ago, Spruce30 said:

How long did it take you to fully recover from PSSD Altostrata? Did you feel you would never heal at some points?

 

It took me a few years, Spruce.

 

To Zeipii and others: I will give warning points to anyone who posts inappropriately in this thread.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

 

It took me a few years, Spruce.

 

To Zeipii and others: I will give warning points to anyone who posts inappropriately in this thread.

What kind of symptoms did you have? How severe where they? Did you heal in a linear or non-linear way? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

Complete genital anesthesia. Ghost orgasms. Non-linear. Sensation very, very gradually returned.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zeipii said:

I am happy for you since you dont seem to have been through the hell of (maybe permanent) anhedonia, which seems to often be the main curse of people with severe pssd, too. When you are in that hole, you just do not think of anything else, you can not. So please try to even understand and stop being rude. People come here to talk and look for peers or any information about someone healing. It is best to put down everything you know and feel. And yes, this is a thread for pssd, I think here it is natural that people talk about it. 

 

All Altostrata is saying is that this site was not set up for the sole purpose of supporting people with PSSD.  And as horrible as this condition is (I have it, although not a worst case) it is true that continually focusing on it is not going to help you to recover.  I am not good at it; it still occupies much of my mental energy.  But I have got perhaps a bit better at it.  And please remember this site is run by a group of people who have given up their own time and energy to help support others during their most difficult time.  I think it is VERY important to remember this.  I for one am so grateful for this site. 

And I understand that there are only so many times that the moderators can say 'it can take a long time'. 

Escitalopram for anxiety (dates below are approximate).

 

Oct 09 - Apr 10, 20mg (tapered off over about 6 weeks). 

Jun 10 - Feb 11, 20mg (tapered off over about 6 weeks). 

Jun 11 - Aug 12, 20mg (started to taper off but failed). 

Oct 12 - Dec 13, 20mg.  Dec 13 - Apr 14, 10mg.  Apr 14 - Nov 14, 5mg. 

Nov 14 - Jan 16, 20mg.  Jan 16 - Aug 16, 10mg.  Aug 16 - Dec 16, 10mg every other day.  Dec 16 - Jan 17 5mg every third day.  Jan 17 - took last tablet.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 1Day said:

 

All Altostrata is saying is that this site was not set up for the sole purpose of supporting people with PSSD.  And as horrible as this condition is (I have it, although not a worst case) it is true that continually focusing on it is not going to help you to recover.  I am not good at it; it still occupies much of my mental energy.  But I have got perhaps a bit better at it.  And please remember this site is run by a group of people who have given up their own time and energy to help support others during their most difficult time.  I think it is VERY important to remember this.  I for one am so grateful for this site. 

 

And I understand that there are only so many times that the moderators can say 'it can take a long time'. 

 

Just wanted to clarify that total anhedonia is the condition making it impossible to think about anything else in my case. Pssd seems to be connected to it. Just for everyone's understanding. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zeipii said:

Just wanted to clarify that total anhedonia is the condition making it impossible to think about anything else in my case. Pssd seems to be connected to it. Just for everyone's understanding. 

 

You don't have to have PSSD to have anhedonia i.e. some people have anhedonia during withdrawal but without PSSD symptoms.  But it does seems that many people with PSSD also have anhedonia.   I am really sorry you have this horrible situation to deal with.  But people have recovered from it.  We have to keep going.   

Escitalopram for anxiety (dates below are approximate).

 

Oct 09 - Apr 10, 20mg (tapered off over about 6 weeks). 

Jun 10 - Feb 11, 20mg (tapered off over about 6 weeks). 

Jun 11 - Aug 12, 20mg (started to taper off but failed). 

Oct 12 - Dec 13, 20mg.  Dec 13 - Apr 14, 10mg.  Apr 14 - Nov 14, 5mg. 

Nov 14 - Jan 16, 20mg.  Jan 16 - Aug 16, 10mg.  Aug 16 - Dec 16, 10mg every other day.  Dec 16 - Jan 17 5mg every third day.  Jan 17 - took last tablet.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zeipii said:

Just wanted to clarify that total anhedonia is the condition making it impossible to think about anything else in my case. Pssd seems to be connected to it. Just for everyone's understanding. 

and that is why I am interested and asking about anhedonia above pssd. Only ones that have it know the hell of it. I could forget all other things easily at times (even my severe pssd) if there was no such total emptiness and killer of will to live.  So that you just get this correct. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 1Day said:

 

You don't have to have PSSD to have anhedonia i.e. some people have anhedonia during withdrawal but without PSSD symptoms.  But it does seems that many people with PSSD also have anhedonia.   I am really sorry you have this horrible situation to deal with.  But people have recovered from it.  We have to keep going.   

I know that, and that is why I am always asking what is the severity of anhedonia for people that have at least a somehow bad pssd. How is it for you? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

Yes, I had anhedonia. I had the whole kit, except for nausea. Many, many people on this site have experienced emotional anesthesia and recovered from it.

 

Read some Introductions topics.

 

Thank you, 1Day.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Zeipii said:

I know that, and that is why I am always asking what is the severity of anhedonia for people that have at least a somehow bad pssd. How is it for you? 

 

I can't feel romantic love for somebody.  Whilst I was on the medication I lost a relationship because of it. 

 

Since being off the medication I have found that I have lost interest in some things.  But I am not sure how much of that is down to my way of trying to deal with PSSD, or whether it is a more general form of anhedonia due to withdrawal.  I genuinely am not sure; I suspect it is a bit of both.  In terms of romantic feelings, I don't think anything has changed.  I think in my case it is very strongly linked to the PSSD. 

Escitalopram for anxiety (dates below are approximate).

 

Oct 09 - Apr 10, 20mg (tapered off over about 6 weeks). 

Jun 10 - Feb 11, 20mg (tapered off over about 6 weeks). 

Jun 11 - Aug 12, 20mg (started to taper off but failed). 

Oct 12 - Dec 13, 20mg.  Dec 13 - Apr 14, 10mg.  Apr 14 - Nov 14, 5mg. 

Nov 14 - Jan 16, 20mg.  Jan 16 - Aug 16, 10mg.  Aug 16 - Dec 16, 10mg every other day.  Dec 16 - Jan 17 5mg every third day.  Jan 17 - took last tablet.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1Day, I recently read escitalopramsucks’s topic. She had PSSD and was in total despair about her lack of romantic feelings. She recovered her romantic feelings I think 2 and a half years after coming off the meds. She posted this in another members’s topic, not her intro, so if you read her profile you’ll be able to see it.

Zoloft 50 mg from April 23, 2015 to August 28th, 2016 (1 year, 4 months).

4 week taper. Last dose on August 28, 2016

 

Mianserin 30 mg in an attempt to reverse PSSD from September 6th, 2017–around mid November 2017 after a few week taper. Did not fix PSSD

 

Currently taking: Melatonin and magnesium every night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ChessieCat changed the title to Genital numbness / anesthesia

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy