2 minutes ago, Leo1983 said:

It goes in time. Mine has taken about 2 years.

2 years after reinstatement?

Started SSRIs and Adderall in 2003.

June 2019 - quit 15mg Adderall XR, no problems

August - October 2019 - tapered Prozac from 40mg to 0mg with no WD symptoms

January 2020 - WD started 

January 2020 reinstated 15mg Adderall XR, taken as needed, about 3 times a week

Early June 2020 - reinstated 5mg Prozac, increased to 20mg, decreased to 5mg. Increased Adderall XR to daily usage of 15mg

Mid June 2020 - increased to 10mg Prozac

August 13, 2020 - decreased to 5mg Prozac

Sept 5, 2020  - decreased to 10mg Adderall

Sept 15, 2020 - decreased to 5mg Adderall

October 1, 2020 - decreased to 0 mg Adderall

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Altostrata

• Spruce30

• potions

• Zeipii

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all,   Although I still have a whole host of symptoms affecting my capacity to be a part of life I want to report on significant progress in respect to pssd. For at least 6-8 months af

In response to a request for more detail about my PSSD:   I had the absolute genital anesthesia at first for quite a while, then that slowly went away, and sexual response gradually returned. This t

To everyone following this thread and to those of you suffering from PSSD and other withdraws related issues such as anhedonia and numbness:   a few few weeks ago I was talking to my brother

After CT.

I would not put one of those tablets near my hand never mind my mouth.

May 2016 - Aug 2016 - Prozac 20mg

March 2017 - June 2017 - Sertraline 100mg. Horrific withdrawal 5 m onths.

July 2017 - Aug 2017 - Mirtazapine 15mg. Horrific.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

I wish I didn't have to reinstate but I literally couldn't function due to withdrawal and it just kept getting worse for 8 months. I lost my job and had to move back in with my mom. I took these for 17 years so I think my recovery would have taken at least 5

Early June 2020 - reinstated 5mg Prozac, increased to 20mg, decreased to 5mg. Increased Adderall XR to daily usage of 15mg

I have beennthrough it mate from start to finish. 

I stuck it out and it was hell. 24 month for and alot better but still not recovered.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

• ChessieCat changed the title to PSSD Post-SSRI sexual dysfunction
  • Mentor
CharlieBrown

Hi, Sorry to hear about how much trouble you're having.

From experience I can say: "You can do it!"

Given time... Maybe due to the fact, you took the meds for over a decade... A very-very slow taper is for the best.

Edited by CharlieBrown
Punctuation/Time Period

Prescribed Various SSRI's, Benzodiazepines and Risperidone in 2009 for Anxiety.

Tapered off SSRI's within one year. Abrupt ending with Risperidone.

Recovered from medication side effects!

My success story: 

• Mentor
CharlieBrown
On 7/24/2020 at 12:16 PM, Courtrose said:

I wish I didn't have to reinstate but I literally couldn't function due to withdrawal and it just kept getting worse for 8 months. I lost my job and had to move back in with my mom. I took these for 17 years so I think my recovery would have taken at least 5

^^^ YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Prescribed Various SSRI's, Benzodiazepines and Risperidone in 2009 for Anxiety.

Tapered off SSRI's within one year. Abrupt ending with Risperidone.

Recovered from medication side effects!

My success story: 

Genital numbness / anesthesia

I have regained my ability to have a satisfying orgasm. It's not as intense as it used to be, but it's still very good. However my genitals, particularly my clitoris are still extremely numb.

Did anyone else's PSSD follow this course? It seems I've read that the numbness goes away first, followed by orgasm, but mine seems to following a different path. I still have windows and waves, good days and bad ones, but I can orgasm almost whenever I want to. It takes more pressure than it used to, but it happens fairly quickly (as it used to) and when it happens I feel it vaginally as well as that neurological rush. I don't have that feeling of afterglow that I used to have though, that relaxed, lustful feeling that used to come with it.

The thing I miss the most is kissing my boyfriend and feeling tingly down there or warmth in my clitoris region. Instead it feels entirely numb, even upon touch. I mean I can feel someone is touching me but I don't feel the intensity or pleasure. I don't get butterflies.

I'm hoping someone has experienced something similar to this and that it's improved for them.

I'm a year and 5 months out from Lexapro. It was a tiny dose for a short time ... what a big price I've paid.

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title
  • ChessieCat changed the title to Genital numbness / anesthesia

Can someone tell me why my posts always get moved to this topic and aren't allowed to be separate? No one sees them here, so I'm unable to get replies or support this way. Just wondering what the reason is. Thank you.

• Moderator Emeritus

SA is different to other web forums.  The staff keep similar subjects grouped into one topic which makes it easier for members to find.

PSSD is only one side effect/withdrawal effect of psychiatric drugs.  Therefore only one topic allocated for this.

So close to the end!!!

🏁

Current from 16 October 2021:  Pristiq 0.005mg

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering Oct 2015 

My full tapering program     My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)    My website

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.

On 10/3/2019 at 5:49 AM, India said:

Hello all,

Although I still have a whole host of symptoms affecting my capacity to be a part of life I want to report on significant progress in respect to pssd. For at least 6-8 months after a basic ct from citalopram and a reinstatement in September 2018,   I felt completely numb down below. I couldn’t orgasm. I had a high sex drive before taking meds and a medium one on the meds. Eventually, in WD, I was able to orgasm but if the intensity of my orgasms on the meds were 7/10, this was 1/10. 

Fast forward; I was lucky enough to meet someone who was both romantic, sensual and compassionate to my situation . I consider it a sort of gift from the universe. He was working for 6 months here and hoping to play on the music scene before he had to return to europe to further his studies . I don’t have much interaction with people but it so happened  I went to his shop regularly  and we got talking. 

He is a beautiful soul and slowly we got intimate. lo and behold, I found my ability to feel sexually much increased. The intensity of my orgasms back to 7 or 8/10. He didnt put pressure on me but seemed to know my body well. I had multiple orgasms with him too, impossible before . 

i’m not sure how this progress happened but I think without me realising it I was slowly healing in that department. He also cooked for me and looked after me when I couldn’t get out of bed which gave me extra energy for recovery which I think helped this aspect also .

I hope sharing this will give hope. I think we all have different paths in terms of the time line of symptom recovery. Unfortunately, my cognitive/memory  blocks have not taken same trajectory but I should be grateful for this. 

Were you reinstated and back on the pills when you started to regain sexual function ? I didn't get these problems until I quit. I have since reinstated and am wondering if I can expect the sex problems to clear up eventually. 

• 5 weeks later...

Genital numbness - will it ever go away?

Hell,

I have PSSD and most frustrating is genital numbness and ed. Its been two years since i quit ssris and nothing changed. Im suicidal.

NO wave and windows patter - same symptoms all the time.

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

01.12.2018 - 01.03.2019 - Took sertraline and than fluvosamine for major depression. 

Got SEVERE PSSD (no libido, no erections, pleasureless orgasma, total genital anesthesia, emotional numbness, lost of personality)

No wave and windows, no improvement so far. Just lije 1-2% in numbness in first two months post quitting. 

Im suicidal because of pssd. I dont believe in recovery since my state didnt improve in any significant way.

yes its permament. got the same for almost 2 years

PLEASE SEE:  Alto's response to Naczoz here

Edited by ChessieCat
added link to Alto's response

01.12.2018 - 01.03.2019 - Took sertraline and than fluvosamine for major depression. 

Got SEVERE PSSD (no libido, no erections, pleasureless orgasma, total genital anesthesia, emotional numbness, lost of personality)

No wave and windows, no improvement so far. Just lije 1-2% in numbness in first two months post quitting. 

Im suicidal because of pssd. I dont believe in recovery since my state didnt improve in any significant way.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 7/7/2020 at 10:30 AM, gemini88 said:

Permanent side effects?

Question. I have been off risperdal (antipsychotic) since October last year but I still am unable to achieve an orgasm during sex. The only way I can is if I do it myself. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a permanent problem?

Altostrata, this site's owner, had sexual difficulties after stopping Paxil.  These gradually resolved and are no longer causing any issues.  I tried to find the posts about this but they must be in a member's introduction topic which makes it difficult to find them.

I've done a search for PSSD in the Success forum of SA.  I suggest you check them out.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/search/?q=pssd&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=28

So close to the end!!!

🏁

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering Oct 2015 

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 9/2/2020 at 2:18 AM, Naczoz said:

yes its permament. got the same for almost 2 years

A duration of 2 years is not permanent. A lifetime is permanent.

Like post-acute withdrawal syndrome (PAWS), recovery from PSSD is very slow and gradual, over many months and possibly years. We have people here who have recovered from both after a very long time. I recovered from PSSD after about 4 years, though it took me 11 years to recover from PAWS. While absolute, PSSD was not my largest problem in those 11 years.

While it seems like an eternity, 2 years of PSSD or PAWS is not a very long time for either, I'm sorry to say. Nobody can tell the future. Brooding about it being permanent only adds to your misery and everyone else's when you catastrophize all over the site.

SurvivingAntidepressants.org is mainly about tapering and recovering from withdrawal syndrome. PSSD can be a post-discontinuation problem, that's why we have this topic here. But we cannot provide psychotherapeutic support for people who have a habit of undermining themselves by fixating on the worst possible outcome in an uncertain future. We don't have the training or the staff to do this.

You are agonizing unnecessarily about a future that has not yet arrived. Please seek psychotherapeutic assistance for this habit of mind. You might join the Yahoo group SSRIsex or pssdforum.org to talk with others about PSSD every day.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

A few questions about your recovery if you don't mind Alto strata.

You mention on your most recent post, that you had PSSD for about 4 years, and after this, you seem to imply that your PSSD had completely recovered. Yet in previous posts, you have mentioned that some aspects of your PSSD, continued to linger on, until about the 9 year mark, and you state that your PSSD wasn't fully recovered, until about 9 years post Paxil.

Here is a link to this:

I myself have recovered from PSSD. After coming off Paxil in October 2004, among other withdrawal symptoms I had the absolute genital anesthesia, which lasted for perhaps a year. Very slowly, genital sensation came back.

Then I experienced perhaps 3 years of “ghost” orgasms, in which arousal is followed by what would have been an orgasm but instead, a non-event lacking sensation, and then a refractory period.

Following that, I had perhaps a 4-year phase of “ghost” orgasms with occasional weak orgasms, which gradually became stronger and more frequent.

At about 9 years post-Paxil, I was fully recovered from PSSD. As I was menopausal before I came off Paxil, my belief is younger people with full complements of sexual hormones will tend to recover faster. However, recovery from PSSD can be almost imperceptibly gradual, which can be masked or even impeded by the very understandable frustration, anger, and despair brought on by the condition.

I was just wondering if you could give me some clarity on this. Are you saying that some of your PSSD symptoms resolved after 4 years, but some symptoms of your PSSD: like the ghost and weak orgasms, lingered on until about 9 years post Paxil, and by 9 years they had completely resolved. Or are you saying that by 4 years, all of your PSSD symptoms had fully resolved?

Also you mention in your most recent post, that it took 11 years for your PAWS from Paxil to completely end. I just wanted to ask, if your PAWS went on for 11 years, and at about 11 years post Paxil, they have now completely resolved? Have your PAWS now completely resolved, and it took 11 years for them to completely end? Is this correct?

Last took an SSRI January 2009.

Last took a benzodiazepine May 2015.

Free from all prescription medication since May 2015.

Everything has mostly healed apart from PSSD which is still very bad, and is my most distressing symptom. Also i have developed some allergy problems/ sensitivities to things in the environment which i believe was possibly caused by the prescription medications (SSRI's and benzos).

• Moderator Emeritus
9 hours ago, Spruce30 said:

Also you mention in your most recent post, that it took 11 years for your PAWS from Paxil to completely end. I just wanted to ask, if your PAWS went on for 11 years, and at about 11 years post Paxil, they have now completely resolved? Have your PAWS now completely resolved, and it took 11 years for them to completely end? Is this correct?

So as to stay on topic please ask this question in this topic.  protracted-withdrawal-or-paws-post-acute-withdrawal-syndrome-how-long-does-it-last

Also see:  about-altostrata-withdrawal-syndrome-since-2004

So close to the end!!!

🏁

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 7:08 PM, Altostrata said:

Like post-acute withdrawal syndrome (PAWS), recovery from PSSD is very slow and gradual, over many months and possibly years. We have people here who have recovered from both after a very long time. I recovered from PSSD after about 4 years, though it took me 11 years to recover from PAWS. While absolute, PSSD was not my largest problem in those 11 years.

Bump:

A few questions about your recovery if you don't mind Alto strata.

You mention on your most recent post, that you had PSSD for about 4 years, and after this, you seem to imply that your PSSD had completely recovered. Yet in previous posts, you have mentioned that some aspects of your PSSD, continued to linger on, until about the 9 year mark, and you state that your PSSD wasn't fully recovered, until about 9 years post Paxil.

Here is a link to this:

I myself have recovered from PSSD. After coming off Paxil in October 2004, among other withdrawal symptoms I had the absolute genital anesthesia, which lasted for perhaps a year. Very slowly, genital sensation came back.

Then I experienced perhaps 3 years of “ghost” orgasms, in which arousal is followed by what would have been an orgasm but instead, a non-event lacking sensation, and then a refractory period.

Following that, I had perhaps a 4-year phase of “ghost” orgasms with occasional weak orgasms, which gradually became stronger and more frequent.

At about 9 years post-Paxil, I was fully recovered from PSSD. As I was menopausal before I came off Paxil, my belief is younger people with full complements of sexual hormones will tend to recover faster. However, recovery from PSSD can be almost imperceptibly gradual, which can be masked or even impeded by the very understandable frustration, anger, and despair brought on by the condition.

I was just wondering if you could give me some clarity on this. Are you saying that some of your PSSD symptoms resolved after 4 years, but some symptoms of your PSSD: like the ghost and weak orgasms, lingered on until about 9 years post Paxil, and by 9 years they had completely resolved. Or are you saying that by 4 years, all of your PSSD symptoms had fully resolved?

Everything has mostly healed apart from PSSD which is still very bad, and is my most distressing symptom. Also i have developed some allergy problems/ sensitivities to things in the environment which i believe was possibly caused by the prescription medications (SSRI's and benzos).

On 6/20/2011 at 4:27 AM, cinephile said:

Has anyone heard about inositol? I've read on other forums that some people with PSSD have had some success with it. Supposedly it helps resensitize 5ht-2 receptors (serotonin receptors) which are downregulated (desensitized) with SSRIs. In a crude analogy, it almost seems like a (partial) antidote to SSRIs.

I'm intensely interested in this as I currently suffer from bad emotional blunting and sexual sides from the f***ing Effexor I took nearly five years ago. Even getting off the Effexor almost four years ago (I was only on it for a year) hasn't helped remit my symptoms at all. I'm just hoping that getting off the Lexapro I'm currently on will help these symptoms as they are often nearly unbearable. They just make everything 1000x tougher than they need to be.

HOWEVER, my sex drive and anhedonia can occasionally remit, either spontaneously or by meditation or exercise. I'll never forget a few days last fall where for some reason, my symptoms completely remitted! I stepped outside a restaurant and the crisp breeze felt better than it had IN YEARS. And my sexual fantasies, genital sensitivity and libido were BACK. But it was all bittersweet as it only lasted a few days, and then it was all back to square zero. The only thing I can think of as to why that happened was I was exercising regularly (actually, the exercise was from moving into my new apartment and with all the heavy lifting of boxes and such).

Also, one time while exercising on the elliptical machine at the gym my penis became completely sensitized, so much so that I nearly had an orgasm! I actually had to get off the machine it was so intense! I honestly have never had that happen and it was just strange. To this day I don't know what happened.

I have also had one isolated incident of hypersexuality brought on by vigorous exercise where for a few days my sex drive was the highest it ever was, almost to the point where it was bothersome! I literally couldn't stop craving sex and my orgasms were overpoweringly good.

Also, meditation has sporadically induced similar awakenings of my old self. A couple of meditation sessions have brought about profound reversals of my emotional blunting and libido issues, but I honestly don't know why the vast majority of my meditation sessions don't have this effect. Usually they just bring about a slight calming feeling.

In addition to these incidents, my libido and emotions can spontaneously spring back, seemingly for no reason. This happens every 2-3 months and can last for either a day or up to five days.

So where the hell does this all leave me? Who knows. All I do know for sure is that 90% of the time I feel like a shell of my former self, and nothing works reliably to ease my symptoms. I'm just so incredibly angry and scared that PSSD is still not even remotely acknowledged by psychiatry. But I do know of people who recover and at least realize it's ridiculous to think my life is over at such a young age. It's just really tough some days.

Hello, this is Roxane at SA. I would like to someday publish PSSD experiences and other experiences from psychiatric drugs. If anyone is interested please PM me and I will provide my email address.

Edited by ChessieCat
removed email address

Lithium 1989-2007

Seroquel 300mg-900mg(1995-2013) to 800mg to100mg(April 2019): Trazodone 2 weeks 2007   Trileptal May 2019 Took intermittenly until July 2019

Buspar-March 2019 for 4 weeks                                                                                                                   Propranolol 30mg 3X daily withdraw over Oct-Feb to 30mg once a day

Zoloft 100mg-withdrawal(April 2019-October 2019)                                                                                 Trintellex-took for 3 days and got PSSD symptoms-Jan5-8 2020

Withdrew from Seroquel May 2019

• Administrator

Spruce, I think it's obvious that my recovery from PSSD was gradual, becoming ever closer to normal over 9 years. As I'm menopausal, it's not like it was when I started Paxil about 20 years ago now.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

On 10/5/2020 at 11:48 PM, Altostrata said:

Spruce, I think it's obvious that my recovery from PSSD was gradual, becoming ever closer to normal over 9 years. As I'm menopausal, it's not like it was when I started Paxil about 20 years ago now.

Ok, so are you saying you were still improving with the PSSD symptoms,  up until 9 years off? I.e. You felt your PSSD was still slowly improving past 4 years off, up until about the 9 year off mark?

Also you mention in a recent post, that it took 11 years for your PAWS from Paxil to completely end. I just wanted to ask, if your PAWS went on for 11 years, and at about 11 years post Paxil, they have now completely resolved? Have your PAWS now completely resolved, and it took 11 years for them to completely end? Is this correct?

• Administrator

You know, Spruce, you don't suddenly snap back from any post-acute withdrawal symptoms. Like other symptoms, my recovery from PSSD was gradual. At about 4 years, genital anesthesia had dissipated and I had weak orgasms. I could have enjoyed a sexual relationship then, except I had much worse ongoing problems from PAWS. Sexual sensation improved over the next 5 years, as did other PAWS symptoms. Meanwhile, I kept getting older. At what point would you say I recovered from PSSD?

Please note that while I was recovering from PSSD, I did not have it in my head that it was permanent. I presumed it would change, like all my other PAWS symptoms.

If you look in the Introductions section for the PSSD tag, you will see a number of people who have recovered from that and from PGAD. It would be interesting to synthesize the arc of recovery from these cases.

On 10/7/2020 at 6:49 PM, Altostrata said:

At about 4 years, genital anesthesia had dissipated and I had weak orgasms. I could have enjoyed a sexual relationship then, except I had much worse ongoing problems from PAWS. Sexual sensation improved over the next 5 years, as did other PAWS symptoms.

When you say sexual sensation improved over the next 5 years, do you mean the 5 years following the initial 4 years you mentioned (where you say your genital anesthesia dissipated), i.e. 4 years, and then another 5 years, bringing it to a total of 9 years?

I wanted to ask you a question about my specific case of PSSD.

I have been off all prescription drugs for just over 5 years, and during these 5 years off, I have noticed some improvements in my PSSD, in the form of improved erection quality, and an overall  lessening of the genital anesthesia. Despite this, I still have almost zero libido, quite strong genital anesthesia, almost pleasure less orgasms, and quite strong emotional anesthesia.

In the last two years I have also developed needling type nerve pains in my genital area, regular tingling over my skin that goes in a wave like pattern across my skin, and slight rush type sensations in my testicles, all of which feels like my body trying to somehow reverse the PSSD. I also have windows about once every 2-3 months where the emotional anesthesia partially resolves, and I can feel emotions, especially when I listen to music. These windows in emotional anesthesia usually last between about 10- 30 minutes, but a few of the windows have gone on for a few days, but then they close again, and it is back to the emotional anesthesia.

Apart from the mild improvements I have mentioned, I have been quite disappointed with the progress so far, and while there have been some improvement in the erection quality, an overall lessening of the genital anesthesia, and occasional windows with the emotional anesthesia, in the area of orgasm, and libido, I have seen very little progress.

My question is, do you think it is possible to eventually make a full recovery from my PSSD, even though at 5 years out, the progress has been very slow,  and overall quite minimal? 

My answer would be yes it will gradually get better and could take many years for a full recovery.

From the explantion given to you, i am reading that it basically took Alto 9 years to recover and with each year that past there was grudual improvement, until her full recovery at year 9. 

• Administrator

When we say recovery is slow, what we mean is recovery is slow.

3 hours ago, Altostrata said:

When we say recovery is slow, what we mean is recovery is slow.

I would say it is more like extremely slow, than slow. Glacially slow would be a better way of describing it I feel. 

7 hours ago, Spruce30 said:

My question is, do you think it is possible to eventually make a full recovery from my PSSD, even though at 5 years out, the progress has been very slow,  and overall quite minimal? 

So what do you think Altostrata, in regards to my prospect of recovery from PSSD?

• Administrator

If I had the required powers of prediction, I'd be doing something else other than responding to that question.

10 hours ago, Spruce30 said:

So what do you think Altostrata, in regards to my prospect of recovery from PSSD?

For what it's worth, Spruce30, I think there's a lot of hope for you. I'm about 1.5 years out myself, and I can relate to a lot of what you said. I probably took far less medication and for a shorter duration than you, so my recovery may be easier, but the fact that you feel those prickly sensations (I get them at times too and also have pretty severe anesthesia) sounds like a good sign to me. The fact that the genital anesthesia is lessening (mine is also but it's so slow) is also positive. I will tell you - the first thing to change for me was the emotional stuff. I'm almost back to how I was before emotionally. I cry listening to music and watching movies again. My pleasure/joy is still somewhat diminished, but that could be more situational, it's hard to say. Regardless, I don't feel emotionally numb anymore. Following that resolving, I have noticed an increase in my libido. My orgasms are enjoyable but not as much so as before. The anesthesia is probably most concerning for me.

Anyway, there seems to be a lot of bitterness on this forum in regards to PSSD. I get it. I think people get frustrated because PSSD sufferers can be repetitive, and we're just looking for a tiny strand of hope to cling onto. I also understand that this forum is geared towards withdrawal and the other side effects of that, but PSSD is a withdrawal issue, a long-lasting one, and it's heartbreaking, tortuous at times.

I think we all know that no one can predict anything for us and no one knows what the future holds, but giving people a little bit of insight or encouragement or hope doesn't hurt, even if they come back seeking more later. That's what support groups are for, in my opinion.

Anyway, Spruce, after reading a lot of success stories these past 1.5 years, I think you'll slowly recover. I really do.

• Administrator

I apologize, being asked unanswerable questions all the time is tiring to me. Of course I cannot predict when any individual might recover.

As explained many times before, if you've seen some improvement, it's likely you'll see more improvement if you don't do other things that might upset your nervous system, such as drink alcohol.

Recovery cannot happen soon enough for anyone.

how are things with everyone. How are the long term sufferers. I am going through a bad wave after 3 months of good windows and progress

mild depression: took effaxor XR 75mg From nov 2016 - feb 2017 for 4 months

PSSD : Since then along with continuing withdrawal.

cognition problems, headache , fatigue, concentration problems, anhedonia, PSSD ( erection 2/10, Libido1/10, orgasm 4/10) 

no significant improvements in any withdrawal symptoms or any PSSD symptoms

• 2 weeks later...

From everything I've read, PSSD does goes away on its own, with time.

Certain supplements may help AFTER you are off the medications.  But be extraordinarily careful with any supplements for PSSD while withdrawing.  They tend to alter hormones or neurotransmission.  This is the exact opposite of what you want in active withdrawal.  Exercise can also help.

Be patient.  You will heal.

Previously - Escitalopram ("Lexapro"): 03 - 05/2018 - 10mg // 05/2018 - 12/2019 - monthly hyperbolic dose reduction to 0.

I am not a medical doctor.  Always consult a qualified medical professional before taking any substance.

• 2 months later...
Breathdeep

If I have ED still in the first few months after stopping ssri does that mean I have pssd or am I just healing v slow?

Fluoxetine -october 2020 (four weeks)

Trintilix- November 2020 (11 days)

sertraline- December 2020 (10 days)

amitriptyline December 2020 (

10days)

Breathdeep

In the first few months of stopped ssri does sexual dysfunction count as pssd or is it more likely to subside in the earlier days?

Fluoxetine -october 2020 (four weeks)

Trintilix- November 2020 (11 days)

sertraline- December 2020 (10 days)

amitriptyline December 2020 (

10days)

manymoretodays

Hi BD, @Breathdeep

I moved your questions to the appropriate topic.  Go ahead and read through the topic.

And then, please do start an Introduction topic, for yourself too, so that we may know more about you.  I believe I just sent you the warning/prompt really to do that.

Thankyou.  And Best.

mmt

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016. 

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider. manymoretodays

• 3 weeks later...
brianng85

Hi everyone,

I was on SSRI for 20 days. From 12th/06/2020 to 02nd/07/2020.

16 fluoxetine pills+4 paroxetine pills. 01 pill every 02 days.

While on med, my libido was normal as I often tried to find chance to test with my partners, (because one of the med effects is to cure PE).

After quitting, during the next 5 months, I still had normal sex drives, (sometimes strong).

And suddenly, my libido was dropped in the end of the 5th month (11/2020). I didn't feel sex drive as before. I did not even have any sexual feeling with girls at that time. I lost feeling even I tried to stimulate my penis.

Then, middle of 12/2020, I force myself to masturbate (with porn). I got orgasm although erection is only 60% of normal. After that, few days later I had my sexual drive back. I had urges and erection back, although the urges was not as strong as before, but I would say at normal, I had sexual feeling with girls I like. I had sex 5 times within a month from late 12/2020 to late 01/2021.

Then from 25/01/2021, I was put on 10 days antihistamine (pills+nasal spray) for my sinusitis. From that point until today, I lose my sex drive again. I don't feel any urge or very little urge. I still have sexual feeling to the women I like but it is weak, not much.

1. Do you guys think PSSD could just start 05 months after quitting med? And would it come in waves like that? A month of getting better and it strikes again ?

2. Maybe I am depressed or it can be flatline period because I quit porn and masturbation (Nofap) sometimes since October/November 2020. It seems I have all similar the symptoms.

Thanks a lot everybody.

manymoretodays

Hi brianng85,

Yes, I think PSSD could start after the drugs.  And yes, we often do see WD(withdrawal) symptoms come in waves like that.  There is often a waves and windows pattern of stabilizing.

Might be best to read through the whole topic now brianng85, as I expect that you may find some of the answers that you seek.

And best, for your complete healing.  Sometimes, it can take a bit of time.

And best, L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016. 

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider. manymoretodays

brianng85
9 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi brianng85,

Yes, I think PSSD could start after the drugs.  And yes, we often do see WD(withdrawal) symptoms come in waves like that.  There is often a waves and windows pattern of stabilizing.

Might be best to read through the whole topic now brianng85, as I expect that you may find some of the answers that you seek.

And best, for your complete healing.  Sometimes, it can take a bit of time.

And best, L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Thanks a lot for your reply.

So I did not have much sexual side effect while one med and after quitting med, and it could happen after 5 months ?

And Pssd could come in waves ?

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy