• Administrator
Altostrata

@PiedoDerPSSD you may wish to join a forum specializing in PSSD, such as pssdforum.org, to discuss those topics.

As this is a site for a general audience, we're not keen about graphic descriptions of sex or sex organs here.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Altostrata

• Spruce30

• potions

• Zeipii

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all,   Although I still have a whole host of symptoms affecting my capacity to be a part of life I want to report on significant progress in respect to pssd. For at least 6-8 months af

In response to a request for more detail about my PSSD:   I had the absolute genital anesthesia at first for quite a while, then that slowly went away, and sexual response gradually returned. This t

To everyone following this thread and to those of you suffering from PSSD and other withdraws related issues such as anhedonia and numbness:   a few few weeks ago I was talking to my brother

• Mentor
CharlieBrown
On 10/12/2021 at 7:57 AM, EmptyVessle said:

My opinion is that there is no such thing as recovery, only improvement to some point that people can somehow 'accept' what has happened and claimed to be 'recovered'.

I quit drugs 2,5 years ago and there have not been any changes in symptomps since then. So why should I think that all of the sudden a miracle will happen and my body/brain will start to healing since it has not for 2,5 years already?

Can someone please help me understand?

I can't change your opinion.

But I can attest, I went from total erectile dysfunction to "normal" (what I was educated 15 years ago, is/was average sexual performance. Fluid amount, longevity and sensitivity.) 

Please consider reading my story and intro... I spent at least 2 years with no perceivable improvement.

I'm not very good at explaining some things. I will mention "The Bell Curve" of recovery.
Everyone is somewhere on the curve.

Don't despair, that is not healthy. I think things will change with time.

Prescribed Various SSRI's, Benzodiazepines and Risperidone in 2009 for Anxiety.

Tapered off SSRI's within one year. Abrupt ending with Risperidone.

Recovered from medication side effects!

My success story: 

EmptyVessle

Well than @CharlieBrown but i dont have any improvements for 2,5 years.

2009.01 - 2009.08 paroxetine 20 mg
2010 - 2012  - sertaline 25mg
2012 -  2013 - moclobemie 600 mg
2014 - 2015 - sertraline 50 mg

2016 - 2018 - sertraline 150 mg

2019 - 2019.03 - sertraline 100 mg and fluwoxamine 50 mg

2020.09.17 - ONE pill trazodone 50 mg

2020.09.17 - today - drugs free 

• Mentor
CharlieBrown
20 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

Please consider reading my story and intro... I spent at least 2 years with no perceivable improvement.

8 hours ago, EmptyVessle said:

Sorry to say, 6 months is not a long time. 2 years or 3 years... Fast or slow.

Everyone is different.

Edited by CharlieBrown
6 months/Clarity

Prescribed Various SSRI's, Benzodiazepines and Risperidone in 2009 for Anxiety.

Tapered off SSRI's within one year. Abrupt ending with Risperidone.

Recovered from medication side effects!

My success story: 

8 hours ago, EmptyVessle said:

FWIW, I have also made a recovery.

Previously - Escitalopram ("Lexapro"): 03 - 05/2018 - 10mg // 05/2018 - 12/2019 - monthly hyperbolic dose reduction to 0.

I am not a medical doctor.  Always consult a qualified medical professional before taking any substance.

EmptyVessle

Full recovery? 100% sexuality back? What symptoms did you have and how long it took you to recover?

9 hours ago, EmptyVessle said:

Full recovery? 100% sexuality back? What symptoms did you have and how long it took you to recover?

Yes.

Probably the same as many others. You can look at my intro thread for info. I tapered Lexapro over 15 months - was a gradual return to equilibrium from there.

Previously - Escitalopram ("Lexapro"): 03 - 05/2018 - 10mg // 05/2018 - 12/2019 - monthly hyperbolic dose reduction to 0.

I am not a medical doctor.  Always consult a qualified medical professional before taking any substance.

• Moderator Emeritus
ChessieCat

Please note that the following has been added to topic what-will-get-you-warned-or-banned

On 6/16/2011 at 4:45 AM, Altostrata said:

Graphic descriptions of sexual organs or functioning. This is offensive to some of our members and not appropriate for this site.

So close to the end!!!

🏁

Current from 16 October 2021:  Pristiq 0.005mg

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering Oct 2015 

My full tapering program     My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)    My website

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.

EmptyVessle

Supplements/drugs for PSSD

Hello,

Anybody had any success with supplements/drugs that can help with pssd symptomps?

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with existing topic

• Moderator Emeritus
ChessieCat

Similar topics merged.

@EmptyVessle SA staff understand that PSSD can be distressing for people who experience it, however PSSD is only one of large number of symptoms which people might experience after stopping a psychiatric drug.  SA has only one topic for PSSD.  Please do not create any new topics about PSSD.  Thank you.

As you have been advised before there are other sites which might be more suited to your issue.

From Post #1 of this topic:

On 3/17/2011 at 2:33 AM, Altostrata said:

If you wish to discuss symptoms, theories, and treatment of PSSD, please go to these sites:

PSSDforum http://www.pssdforum.com/

Yahoo group SSRIsex (log in to http://Yahoo.com to join)

Facebook group (log into Facebook.com to join)

Various pages on Rxisk.org

So close to the end!!!

🏁

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering Oct 2015 

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.

EmptyVessle

I have not found anything there, thats why I ask here, sorry.

• Moderator Emeritus
ChessieCat
30 minutes ago, EmptyVessle said:

Anybody had any success with supplements/drugs that can help with pssd symptomps?

PLEASE NOTE you specifically as about what supplement or drug might help:

Drug shopping or recommending drugs
This is a site for going off drugs. It is not a site for finding out what drug to take next, comparing drug cocktails, or recommending what drug to add.

So close to the end!!!

🏁

4 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

PLEASE NOTE you specifically as about what supplement or drug might help:

Drug shopping or recommending drugs
This is a site for going off drugs. It is not a site for finding out what drug to take next, comparing drug cocktails, or recommending what drug to add.

It's a valid concern, but I think you guys need to ease up with the heavy moderation on this site.

EmptyVessle

Agree.

brassmonkey

From our past experience we have found that people who's primary concern is PSSD will spam the entire site with questions concerning PSSD, derail many other unrelated threads and try to sway every conversation in that direction. PSSD is a minor ADWD symptom and as such doesn't warrant more space or time than we provide. 

Please carefully review the following: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1598-what-will-get-you-warned-or-banned/

In the spirit of not being "heavy handed" I will give you both @ccfb @EmptyVessle a verbal warning that backtalking a moderator is unacceptable. We have our rules for a reason and if you don't wish to follow them then warning points will follow.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

43 minutes ago, brassmonkey said:

From our past experience we have found that people who's primary concern is PSSD will spam the entire site with questions concerning PSSD, derail many other unrelated threads and try to sway every conversation in that direction. PSSD is a minor ADWD symptom and as such doesn't warrant more space or time than we provide. 

Please carefully review the following: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1598-what-will-get-you-warned-or-banned/

In the spirit of not being "heavy handed" I will give you both @ccfb @EmptyVessle a verbal warning that backtalking a moderator is unacceptable. We have our rules for a reason and if you don't wish to follow them then warning points will follow.

If you're interested in helping people, it's good to be open-minded and receptive to feedback. Let's not make the same mistakes a lot of medical professionals do.  "Back talking," as you call it, could be helpful if it improves the site.  Maybe we could consider adding a feedback topic?

Thanks.

EmptyVessle
21 minutes ago, brassmonkey said:

PSSD is a minor ADWD symptom and as such doesn't warrant more space or time than we provide. 

Wow,  you are very evil person claiming that pssd is a minor symptom, you should not be a moderator offending people like this. I can't feel love, desire, emotions, lust...man, that hurts.

@CharlieBrown see? this is minor symptom for this moderator.

17 minutes ago, EmptyVessle said:

Wow,  you are very evil person claiming that pssd is a minor symptom, you should not be a moderator offending people like this. I can't feel love, desire, emotions, lust...man, that hurts.

@CharlieBrown see? this is minor symptom for this moderator.

Let's not derail the thread. I'm sure he didn't mean to belittle what you're going through.

If you're anything like me, these symptoms will get better with time.

EmptyVessle

I completly lost my sexuallity: numbness, ed, no orgasm, no drive, no feelings - youve been there? did it resolver? any drugs/supplements that can help? its been almost 3 years like this

• Administrator

Back-talking the staff is not permitted on this site. This is not an unusual site rule, by the way.  @ccfb and @EmptyVessle, you need to respect it.

I believe what @brassmonkey meant to say is that PSSD is a major post-drug effect, greatly distressing those who experience it, but it is not a common withdrawal symptom. The magnitude of distress is great, but the frequency of occurrence is not, thus PSSD is not a main focus of this site.

Brassmonkey is correct in that members driven by the distress of PSSD have inappropriately spammed the site with their concerns. You may note that I often suggest those members join a site devoted to PSSD, such as pssdforum.org, rather than derailing discussions on this site, which usually do not involve PSSD.

We do not dismiss the importance of PSSD. With the tragic frequency of drug-induced sexual dysfunction while people are taking the drugs, iatrogenic diminishment of sexual functioning diminishes full personhood, yet medicine considers this an acceptable risk of the drugs. That is what's offensive.

So have some perspective about PSSD, please, and keep in mind appropriate behavior in an online community.

To forestall further squabbling in this topic, I am closing it temporarily.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Altostrata locked this topic