• Administrator

@PiedoDerPSSD you may wish to join a forum specializing in PSSD, such as pssdforum.org, to discuss those topics.

As this is a site for a general audience, we're not keen about graphic descriptions of sex or sex organs here.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Altostrata

• Spruce30

• potions

• Zeipii

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all,   Although I still have a whole host of symptoms affecting my capacity to be a part of life I want to report on significant progress in respect to pssd. For at least 6-8 months af

In response to a request for more detail about my PSSD:   I had the absolute genital anesthesia at first for quite a while, then that slowly went away, and sexual response gradually returned. This t

To everyone following this thread and to those of you suffering from PSSD and other withdraws related issues such as anhedonia and numbness:   a few few weeks ago I was talking to my brother

• Mentor
On 10/12/2021 at 7:57 AM, EmptyVessle said:

My opinion is that there is no such thing as recovery, only improvement to some point that people can somehow 'accept' what has happened and claimed to be 'recovered'.

I quit drugs 2,5 years ago and there have not been any changes in symptomps since then. So why should I think that all of the sudden a miracle will happen and my body/brain will start to healing since it has not for 2,5 years already?

Can someone please help me understand?

I can't change your opinion.

But I can attest, I went from total erectile dysfunction to "normal" (what I was educated 15 years ago, is/was average sexual performance. Fluid amount, longevity and sensitivity.) 

Please consider reading my story and intro... I spent at least 2 years with no perceivable improvement.

I'm not very good at explaining some things. I will mention "The Bell Curve" of recovery.
Everyone is somewhere on the curve.

Don't despair, that is not healthy. I think things will change with time.

Prescribed Various SSRI's, Benzodiazepines and Risperidone in 2009 for Anxiety.

Tapered off SSRI's within one year. Abrupt ending with Risperidone.

Recovered from medication side effects!

My success story: 

Well than @CharlieBrown but i dont have any improvements for 2,5 years.

2009.01 - 2009.08 paroxetine 20 mg
2010 - 2012  - sertaline 25mg
2012 -  2013 - moclobemie 600 mg
2014 - 2015 - sertraline 50 mg

2016 - 2018 - sertraline 150 mg

2019 - 2019.03 - sertraline 100 mg and fluwoxamine 50 mg

2020.09.17 - ONE pill trazodone 50 mg

2020.09.17 - today - drugs free 

• Mentor
20 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

Please consider reading my story and intro... I spent at least 2 years with no perceivable improvement.

8 hours ago, EmptyVessle said:

Sorry to say, 6 months is not a long time. 2 years or 3 years... Fast or slow.

Everyone is different.

Edited by CharlieBrown
6 months/Clarity

Prescribed Various SSRI's, Benzodiazepines and Risperidone in 2009 for Anxiety.

Tapered off SSRI's within one year. Abrupt ending with Risperidone.

Recovered from medication side effects!

My success story: 

8 hours ago, EmptyVessle said:

FWIW, I have also made a recovery.

Previously - Escitalopram ("Lexapro"): 03 - 05/2018 - 10mg // 05/2018 - 12/2019 - monthly hyperbolic dose reduction to 0.

I am not a medical doctor.  Always consult a qualified medical professional before taking any substance.

Full recovery? 100% sexuality back? What symptoms did you have and how long it took you to recover?

2009.01 - 2009.08 paroxetine 20 mg
2010 - 2012  - sertaline 25mg
2012 -  2013 - moclobemie 600 mg
2014 - 2015 - sertraline 50 mg

2016 - 2018 - sertraline 150 mg

2019 - 2019.03 - sertraline 100 mg and fluwoxamine 50 mg

2020.09.17 - ONE pill trazodone 50 mg

2020.09.17 - today - drugs free 

9 hours ago, EmptyVessle said:

Full recovery? 100% sexuality back? What symptoms did you have and how long it took you to recover?

Yes.

Probably the same as many others. You can look at my intro thread for info. I tapered Lexapro over 15 months - was a gradual return to equilibrium from there.

Previously - Escitalopram ("Lexapro"): 03 - 05/2018 - 10mg // 05/2018 - 12/2019 - monthly hyperbolic dose reduction to 0.

I am not a medical doctor.  Always consult a qualified medical professional before taking any substance.

• Moderator Emeritus

Please note that the following has been added to topic what-will-get-you-warned-or-banned

On 6/16/2011 at 4:45 AM, Altostrata said:

Graphic descriptions of sexual organs or functioning. This is offensive to some of our members and not appropriate for this site.

So close to the end!!!

🏁

Current from 16 October 2021:  Pristiq 0.005mg

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering Oct 2015 

My full tapering program     My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)    My website

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy