Troll: Are PSSD and general sexual dysfunction different?

Troll

Is the reason of pssd and general (without medication)SD is same?

will it be cured by herbs which is used for general S.dyfunctioning.I primarily don't won't to go for alopathy because it's  some medicine have side effects like visual loss and hearing disability.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Troll: Is Pssd and general dyfunctioning different?
On 7/24/2017 at 3:56 AM, Troll said:

reason of pssd and general SD

Reason means biological phenomena example- regarding tissue, cells , sensitivity,blood, immune system or any other.

• Administrator

Troll, my personal opinion is that you should not try to treat PSSD with drugs and herbs that you might use to treat general sexual dysfunction.

PSSD is an adverse reaction to drugs. Often people are hypersensitive to other drugs, herbs, supplements, even foods after they go off psychiatric drugs. Taking drugs and herbs intended to treat sexual dysfunction may cause other problems and adverse drug reactions. 

There's a Yahoo group, SSRIsex, where many people discuss drug treatments and other kinds of treatments for PSSD. You may wish to join that group to see what they have found.

In my opinion, people with PSSD have a form of withdrawal syndrome. PSSD might be the only sign, but the person still might have bad reactions to drugs. General sexual dysfunction has many causes; PSSD has one: dysregulation of autonomic nervous system function or hormonal interactions caused by the drug.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Troll: Are Pssd and general sexual dysfunction different?

What are symptoms of natural sleep and drugs sleep?

Is it possible to get sleep of 6 to 7hrs and during day and complete insomnia during night after withdrawal of medicine from 6 months?

• Administrator

Troll, I moved your post here.

If you are sleeping during the day and awake at night, your sleep cycle has been reversed. This can cause some health problems.

You will need to do some work to get your sleep back on a normal track. Your melatonin production should naturally start at sundown. You may need to use melatonin and avoid light at night for a while to train your body to sleep on a normal schedule.

See

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply.

How do I perform psycho therapy on myself at home for my Psychological problem of getting brain lock while doing a task which is most important or like by me. which keywords should I type to get a result on Google for my Psychological problem.What are the Best psychotherapies for it?

I had Consult psychotherapist cum psychiatrist but he recommended to take medicine afterword he will consider about therapy due to that I refused it.So I want to do it at home only.

• Moderator Emeritus

Troll, 

Here are some topics about non-drug techniques that many have found helpful:

Cognitive behaviour therapy for anxiety, depression, and withdrawal symptoms.

Free online cognitive behaviour therapy lessons.

Mindfulness and acceptance.

I'm not sure if that's relevant to your situation but your use of the expression "brain lock" reminded me of a book published about obsessive/compulsive patterns called Brain Lock by Jeffrey M. Schwartz (1997). It has since been revised and was re-released in 2016.  it is available for online purchase (hard copy and ebook) and is probably available at libraries.

1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

• 2 months later...

I have a few questions that I want to know that anyone have symptoms like me.

Do your touch sensitivity reduced?

I don't clearly remember my sensitivity.But during pre anti-depressant when I eat chilly accidentally I can't control my sensation and eat sugar imidietly But now I can control taste of chilly easily.Also when a ant bite me I just feel like mosquito bite me.

Do your intenstine sensitivity decreased?

Do you feel Sudden significant pressure when urine come?

Do your sleep break by urine pressure?

Do you feel fresh after wake up? Or just feel friction in your mind?

Does due to psychiatric drugs chances of getting cold is reduce and if cold is get does it is good sign?

• ChessieCat changed the title to Troll: Are PSSD and general sexual dysfunction different?

I will answer for me.

Touch sensitivity : yes.

Intestine : Indigestion . Cramps. Bloating.

Urine pressure : mild pressure most of the time.

Wake up : jittery , angry, cannot listen people

Sleep break due to urine pressure  : no.

Chances of getting cold : severly reduced .. 

I usually caught cold two times a year. 

Since on drugs and after CTed 2 years  back, I hardly think  I caught cold for 2 times

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda