virgo43: severe symptoms

virgo43

Dear beloved Skeeter i am so impressed by ur kindness. İ am in İstanbul trying to seek help.  İ was healthy up until ssri. İ am going to write a long message. İn bed for a while. My cns is completely out of alignment and iş disrupted. thanks a lot. Very very kind of u...

İ wasnt feeling good at any dose. Worst at 75mg but not better at 50mg either. İ cant stabilize at any dose... just lay in bed and read...

• July 2016: prescribed 25mg Zoloft, diagnosed with MDD. Developed severe reaction and taken to ER.. CSeroquel when not able to sleep, very small dose (12.5mg) but causing headache and dry mouth the next two three days, 

• July - December 2016: 25+ 25mg, constantly in pain, had to go to ER once, 

• January 2017: Still believing the doctors and thinking the meds are helpful, increased the dose to 75mg, had to go to ER three times, after drinking water non-stop.  

• Realised that these meds are actually toxins and are very harmful. Looking for experts in the field, going to doctors

• February - May 2017: 50mg, severe withdrawal symptoms, severe burning pain in chest, lower back, Seroquel only 12.5mg but not helping. Slowly developing OCD, as the headaches and heat flash can hit any time.

• found SA site and started reading day and night

• May-September 2017: 25mg, drinking lots of water, having great pain, not able to function, ER visits because of arythmia, hot flashes

• October 2017: started tapering and feeling better, but the symptoms are there. 

• Supplements: None so far, 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Dear Friends;

Thanks a lot for the useful comments.

I am not feeling very good and bed-ridden these days. E

Been to an addiction clinic, they said there is not much they can do. I have been reading a lot and I guess the feedback negative feedback mechanism is disrupted. 

Alto Strata comments and website have been of tremendous help. 

Dear Skeeter thanks a lot. Million times. 

Have a nice day everyone...

• July 2016: prescribed 25mg Zoloft, diagnosed with MDD. Developed severe reaction and taken to ER.. CSeroquel when not able to sleep, very small dose (12.5mg) but causing headache and dry mouth the next two three days, 

• January 2017: Still believing the doctors and thinking the meds are helpful, increased the dose to 75mg, had to go to ER three times, after drinking water non-stop.  

• Realised that these meds are actually toxins and are very harmful. Looking for experts in the field, going to doctors

• February - May 2017: 50mg, severe withdrawal symptoms, severe burning pain in chest, lower back, Seroquel only 12.5mg but not helping. Slowly developing OCD, as the headaches and heat flash can hit any time.

• May-September 2017: 25mg, drinking lots of water, having great pain, not able to function, ER visits because of arythmia, hot flashes

• October 2017: started tapering and feeling better, but the symptoms are there. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Question.

Can person disrupt his her systemby depression. İs There anyone else in tthis forum who had serotonin syndrome. Has anyone met such a person. İs it so rare? İt says doctors see it önce or twice in 5_10 years. How is that possible? 

My ocd iş my serotonin syndrome and Why Me? 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Dear Skeeter. Never ever i was busy visiting doctors. Going to EMDR clinic as well. Seroquel and blood sugar values May be correlated. Thanks for the reminder. İ will not take seroquel it has Been long time. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

I have lost weight and muscle mass. I was a fit athletic person in my previous life. It is really painful to be mushy.  At any dose I never had any sort of comfort. 

My blood values seem to be normal plus I am not eating much.

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Up dosing? No dose is comfortable.  My symptoms escalate gradually depending on water food sunshine.

I have noticed some friends stabilized. If they exercise or spend some time in the sun would their symptoms get worse? Is there anyone whose symptoms escalate gradually? 

Cns messed up pretty bad. There is no weight counter weight. Positive and negative feedback system is not working. 

Whenever I feel heat waves in my chest and back I realise lack of saliva and start drinking water. 

I am sure it will lead to severe results. Honestly don't see any improvement. 

As for seroquel thanks again for the warning I don't seem to have headaches and heat waves after meals. I was thinking since serotonin is mostly produced in the gut that is why. Could be seroquel too.  

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Emdr is not helping.

Meditation somewhat beneficial to calm ocd and anger.

Psycho-therapy not really helpful.

All this should have been done prior to SSRI. Doctors immediately push these poisons as it takes time to take care of the patient

Symptoms are physical. ..

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

I am 43 soon to be 44. In my former days i had a healthy life. 

I may be overweight but never had issues with diabetes. I am not ignoring ur comments on seroquel. Of course. As for the digital scale I will get one

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Dear friends. 

1. Is it possible for a person to disrupt his/her own cns?

2. Tapering... since we are talking about micro doses but the drug is excreted through mostly urine and sweat so depending on exercise and water intake the drug amount should differ. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

• Moderator Emeritus

Virgo,

Can you see a therapist?  I see you on this loop of worry.  I mean psychologist, NOT psychiatrist.  When your urine is so dark, and you are in so much pain, hy don't you go to the ER with a full bladder, so you can give them the dark urine.  I am afraid your kidneys are shutting down.

Yo are 3 months younger than I.  Serotonin syndrome, as much as I have read about it does not cause pain.  Please o see a GP or go to the ER because you at not reading the info I gave you to read, yo at no replying to my diect questions about how you took Seroquel in th past, ans I am not trying to be mean but I only have a certain mount of time a day to spend on this forum due to my own issues right now, and you are wasting that by only wanting to ask the same questions we have already answered. 

I also wonder that you are taking more meds/herbs/vitamins/minerals than you are admitting to?  You have wastd a lot of my time ignoring ALL of the questions I have asked you!r evading). You are ignoring every bit of advice I give you.  I do not mean to be harsh, but I do not have time to not have my questions replied to, and I am no going to ask anymore.  I took a while to get you to admit to the Seroquel and Atarax.  You are anonymous here, we d not care what type of drugs doctors put you on for the wrong reasons, but we need straight answers and the truth. If you can reply to my answers and tell me the truth to everything I asked, maybe I will come back and help, but until then, I cannot waste my time for no replies.  I asked you to read the Seroquel info  I gave you the link to.  What blood values can be thrown off by taking Seroquel, one is diabetes (though yours is low, and it is usually high, but you are taking it in an odd pattern, and now despite my telling you not to, you have stopped it cold turkey. You tell me the other 2 blood values Seroquel can affect , and then tell me if you ae having problems with those blood values.  Go to www.drugs.com, look up Seroquel, and read the side effects page, and you gove me a reply. 

You wasted my time PM'ing me instead of answering any of my questions, so I have blocked your PM's, and I wil not reply here untl you go back through and reply to the questions I asked you, every one of them, HONESTLY.  I wan to know all medications prescribed by a doctor that you are taking even once in the last year.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Please reply as I have requested ONLY.     

Skeeter                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Current meds: Lexapro 20mg, Valium 6.25mg
Current status: September 2018 forced to go down to 10mg of Valium/Diazepam from around 15mg, with the plan to have me totally of in 2 more months. I was not given a chance to give input at tapering at this speed, please go much, much slower. Luckily I found a new doctor, but was thrown off course by my rapid taper, as of 2/19 am down to 6.25mg, and am stable. Will update with dates of taper ASAP.
Read my history here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/12819-skeeters-journey/

I am NOT a doctor. My opinions are just that- MY opinions, based on my personal experiences and research, but your experience and reactions may differ greatly, we are all different! I maintain that a doctor educated in withdrawal is the best place to get info or to get the "go ahead" before changing your medications in any way!

Did you get a digital scale ?  How are you feeling now ?

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

I am sorry. Very sorry.

I got a digital scale.

I went to ER and gave my values. Waiting for the  results.

Seroquel I read totally and not ignoring. I am busy going to doctors, addiction clinics psychologist.

Here are my values from May.

I had my blood values measured. 

My prolactin values are 17 instead of 15. Estradiole is low also. Thyroid normal. Testesterone is low too. Blood sugar low hypoglicemia.  The doctor said high dose of ssri can cause these values. I have no appetite or joy in life.  

I am 185cm 95kgs losing muscle mass quickly due to lack of exercise. Was athletic in my former life. 

For sleep I took irregularly

Atarax

Valerian root and seroquel. 

Serotonin syndrome I had and my receptors down regulated. I am suffering from headaches. Serotonin syndrome was very painful. Since cns is out of line.

We are anonymous I have lost everything in my life barely hanging on. Can give anyone my contact details. 

I am speaking to a psychologist about my ocd and frustrations. My goal in life was to take care of my family. 

I  am sorry if I have unintentionally annoyed anyone. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

I am not ignoring anyone. Please patience. Currently dealing with family who are attacking me blaming me. In every painful episode especially in the mornings. 

Thanks for all the help. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

It's ok .How are you feeling now?

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Not very good. Resting. 

Every medicine even once in the last year.

Paracetamol for headache I took 10 pills for when I was taking 75mg sertraline. 

Flurbiprofen 25 mg for headache again 20 pills.

Having constant headaches. Went to ER due to headaches quite a few times. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Started having morning anxiety and irritation and dry mouth in addition to chest burn and palpitations. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Checking all my prescriptions in case I missed anything. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

That's ok .Welcome to the club. 

Is there anything else you need to know.?

Checking all my prescriptions in case I missed anything.

Bisuprolol when my heart was beating fast. During 75 mg. 

Results are back..

Blood pressure 9-6

Creatinine 1.25 upper range

Urea 50 upper range 45

Wbc 14.7 upper range 11

There is an infection somewhere ....

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Dear friends. Any other questions?

İ read everything did i miss any?

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Question. augmentin 250mg twice a day for infection. İ was asked ny friends to take a walk with them. Despite my reluctance i went. Now experiencing headache/migraine and heat flashes. 

İş there anyone who can explain Why?

What iş happening

Even at 75mg i was getting heat Flash depending on water consumption. losing weight 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

• Moderator Emeritus

Many members ask questions which have already been asked and there are many existing topics on this site.  To find these topics I used google and typed in:

survivingantidepressants.org antibiotics

cipro-levaquin-azithromycin-z-pack-and-other-antibiotics

drugs-to-avoid-in-withdrawal

survivingantidepressants.org exercise

physical-exercise-withdrawal

sunlight-sensitivity-and-heat-intolerance-and-exercise-intolerance

exercise-do-more-do-less-do-nothing-what-worked-for-you

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Dear Chessiecat. Thanks a lot.

I read them all. 

Exercise seems to affect people differenly but almost 90% of friends in this blog complain about not being able to do as much as before. I can't do even 5-10% like before.

Heat flushes heat regulation are a common problem as well. Due to bodies inability to regulate heat. 

Similar with food sunshine. 

Water consumption and sweating I didn't read much. 

Life time non drinker therefore dont know how it feels after alcohol must read carefully. For sure it adversely affects. 

For every question there is an answer in our SA website. We all have to search carefully, thanks. Before I ask and waste valuable time I must do the search. Sorry for that. 

My main issue is i am very worried. Need to talk to someone. Really annoyed by my vegetative state. I am slowly fading away, really am worried because going for the worse daily. Increasing the dose won't make a difference either. Same thing or even worse. 

After every similar episode it takes me a few days of rest to recover from the symptoms. There is absolutely no improvement and unfortunately I am becoming weaker therefore imnune system is weakening as well. Honestly how could a simple ssri cause so much damage. The doctors say you ruined the cns during ur emotional trauma not ssri. My opinion is AD intolerance and negligent doctors are the main reason for my current condition. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Virgo - 

I'm not sure this is still relevant, but it should probably be somewhere on site (I'll put it on the Seroquel thread, too).

National Post:  Drug Safety Expert Urges Doctors to Stop Prescribing Antipsychotic (Seroquel) for Insomnia

I hope you see the sun today!

JanCarol

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Thanks a lot everyone.

I read it. Well as we all know we all have cns issues. Seroquel for sleep is another mistake. 

Psychologist is trying to make me forget the past,  forgive everyone and working on ocd but being in the same room I got poisoned and having flash backs now really is difficult. 

Going to meet author of "anti depressant trap" today. My family is taking me. Maybe this way they can be a little sympathetic to our pain. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

After that I will make friends and family read this amazing website and find out about our struggles. Maybe then we can get them to understand.  

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

• Administrator

Hello, virgo.

Serotonin syndrome occurs when a person takes an excessive amount of serotonergics. This means more than one serotonergic drug or an overdose of one drug.

Unless you were taking another serotonergic drug, it is unlikely 50mg Zoloft will cause serotonin syndrome. However, you could have a different kind of adverse reaction to even one pill. The symptoms from this nervous system upset can be a lot like withdrawal syndrome, another nervous system upset. See 

It sounds like you might be the kind of person who is sensitive to serotonergics such as Zoloft. You might also have been sensitive to Seroquel. 

We don't know of a cure for this. We have many people here who are recovering from it. It takes time and patience, and taking care of yourself. You can make the symptoms worse with worry and regret. Meditation is a good way to direct the mind away towards calm instead.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Dear Altostrata.

Thanks a lot for ur help and kind response. 

I only took zoloft 50mg and the following happened. Only one pill. No combination no stimulant no pain killer whatsoever. Just one pill. Sounds near impossible but it is a fact. A reality. I am really unlucky. There is Hunter scale. According to research very few people they don't have the liver enzymes to break down bio toxins such as ssri s. 

Within 6 hours I had blurry vision and soon after I started having the following. 

It is serotonin syndrome which I learned later. 

Tachycardia

Vomitting

Rapid breathing

Heavy sweating

Blurry vision

Frequent urination

Diarrhea

Restlessness

Akathesia

High blood pressure

That is why I believe my balance is severely disrupted and in serious pain. It is when severe down regulation happened. I am very unfortunate. It does happen in US where medical professionals are very knowledgeable. 

The symptoms I am experiencing  are very severe. 

As for the cure. It is written all over this amazing website. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Dear friends. 

The doctor who wrote "anti depressant trap" offered the following for treatment.

I really don't think it is possible.

Any comments please... 

Ludiomil 25mg

Omega 3

Magnesium

Vitamin E

He is offering a tetra cyclic antidepressant for treatment. 

Any comment is welcome

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

I am sorry there is one more drug. 

Sulpride. 

It is used for treatment of schizophrenia.  

Friends my family is forcing me to take them. They say if u don't take these we will leave you. This is how serious they are. Cipralex was forced on me despite the side effects and now these. 

I told them these are old fashion anti depressants plus a medication for schizophrenia. 

What can I do now? About to lose my family.

Friends I am very serious my symptoms are escalating and now these drugs. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

I experienced serotonin syndrome with one zoloft pill 50mg. This is a fact. It was forced on me. 

Now more drugs into the mix and same like before they are being forced on me. They are threatening me.

Despite my efforts. Countless hours of talking  My family says "you cried for 30-40days and u damaged ur balance during crying. Zoloft is harmless. All the symptoms u experienced u are just making them up. "

I told them "I was crying but was able to take long walks and sleep for 4-5 hours. I was making irrational comments but wasn't experiencing intolerable heat waves in chest body tachycardia rapid breathing migraines and insomnia. My first symptoms and withdrawal are very similar. My system is down regulated. In pre ad era did anyone who cried for 40 days did they enter into similar condition. Did all them suffer like this?"

They say " you are like vegetable take the ludiomil and sulpride and shut up or we will leave u. Get out of this house."

I am completely lost and hopeless.

What am I supposed to do? 

First zoloft was forced on me they threathened me and now these medications.

These meds are very dangerous especially for a person like me.

Dear friends please what am I supposed to do? 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

With zoloft 25mg..

Digestive system is slow and no appetite. Often diarrhea. 

I really don't care but hypo gonadism is also there from the beginning even with 25mg. Pain in groin area. 

Headaches and rapid heart beat... poor quality of sleep due to many factors. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

The doctor also said if this doesn't work we can switch with lexapro/cipralex and zoloft. 

Dear friends at the moment experiencing morning agitation chest burn and rapid heart rate with dry mouth as well. 

It is very rare to be severely affected by one pill but the system is disrupted. 

My family they are blaming the mourning period. Another friend of mine who lost his mother suddenly entered into a shock after crying for 20 days and later was admitted to hospital with xanax injection. He later was prescribed effexor 50mg for 6 months and recovered.

I keep giving this example and tell my family people who are in much worse condition recover but the medication made me much much worse. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

I

haven't taken anything any other combination of drugs and whoever wants I can provide personal contact details. I really need help. The reason I am stuck is bc I have constant pain especially migraines and haven't stabilized at all. Loss of coordination started as well. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Virgo,

Dont listen or entertain those who don't know. Or atleast try not to entertain. What you feel is real , medication do worse the symptoms and add new on many of us.

Idk you are taking medications now or not... if you are .. you have to taper slowly. If not, try to use calming subs and supplements ... magnesium, valerian, brahmi , ashwagandha etc. First be prepared for not getting claimed results as your nervous system is in chaos. But have hope that sth will help you eve though a little.

For me, nothing worked as said . I have used about 15 or more  supplements or oral subs to get help ( no allopathy subs.)

But with time my body has sm recovery. 

I know you will heal .. just take things slowly even though its difficult.  

Just think of the person here who has recovered for long hell. Take a name from SA.. if he has healed , then you will too....😃  have such a thought. You are on your way to  recovery.

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda

Bhasski bhai.

Kia hale.Bohd shukriya bhai.

Bhasski brother. Please read my signature. You can see my drug history.

I read all ur entries.  My heart goes to you. I am so glad to read u are recovering. U were having serious problems in the beginning. 

Dear brother if u have time please read from beginning.

Brother I really don't know what to do. My well-being fluctuates daily. Serious down regulation must have happened.  Sad part is family is not understanding. They blame the patient. 

Take care

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx