virgo43: severe symptoms

virgo43

Dear Karen.

Thanks for asking. Very kind of u. 

I am not doing very good. As u know even water intake seems to affect me. The more water the more heat flush.  According to experts here the cns system is disrupted. The body can't process the meds. Therefore it caused receptor down regulation. 

Started having mental confusion agitation in the mornings also. I am not able to leave the house as well. 

I am very sure I can get serious issues my symptoms are worse than terry49 and he is off medication. 

My parents took me to a doctor and he said I consumed illicit drugs in the past. My family they are not supportive. 

• July 2016: prescribed 25mg Zoloft, diagnosed with MDD. Developed severe reaction and taken to ER.. CSeroquel when not able to sleep, very small dose (12.5mg) but causing headache and dry mouth the next two three days, 

• July - December 2016: 25+ 25mg, constantly in pain, had to go to ER once, 

• January 2017: Still believing the doctors and thinking the meds are helpful, increased the dose to 75mg, had to go to ER three times, after drinking water non-stop.  

• Realised that these meds are actually toxins and are very harmful. Looking for experts in the field, going to doctors

• February - May 2017: 50mg, severe withdrawal symptoms, severe burning pain in chest, lower back, Seroquel only 12.5mg but not helping. Slowly developing OCD, as the headaches and heat flash can hit any time.

• found SA site and started reading day and night

• May-September 2017: 25mg, drinking lots of water, having great pain, not able to function, ER visits because of arythmia, hot flashes

• October 2017: started tapering and feeling better, but the symptoms are there. 

• Supplements: None so far, 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry that the people around you continue to be so unsuportive Virgo.  It makes things doubly hard for you.  Time is going to be what heals you, and I know that is also frustrating when you have been waiting so long.  Other people here are also waiting a long time, so you are not alone in this.  Can you try to find one small good thing in your day - each day - that can help you to keep going?  There is so much healing in the world, and yours is happening, it is just slow.    

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

My life is miserable and i cant find anything positive. Drugs have ruined me.

İ have a question. Can a person ruin CNS with depression or trauma. 

İ swear the god only zoloft was my poison everything went down hill. 

Second my main concern iş the mental confusion is escalating.

Third Why even water intake makes my symptoms worse? Maybe bc it is related to concentration in the blood. 

İ am in the "crappiest parrot Club". Nothing seems to be working for me. İ cant trust the doctors. Deserted by family and friends. 

• July 2016: prescribed 25mg Zoloft, diagnosed with MDD. Developed severe reaction and taken to ER.. CSeroquel when not able to sleep, very small dose (12.5mg) but causing headache and dry mouth the next two three days, 

• January 2017: Still believing the doctors and thinking the meds are helpful, increased the dose to 75mg, had to go to ER three times, after drinking water non-stop.  

• Realised that these meds are actually toxins and are very harmful. Looking for experts in the field, going to doctors

• February - May 2017: 50mg, severe withdrawal symptoms, severe burning pain in chest, lower back, Seroquel only 12.5mg but not helping. Slowly developing OCD, as the headaches and heat flash can hit any time.

• May-September 2017: 25mg, drinking lots of water, having great pain, not able to function, ER visits because of arythmia, hot flashes

• October 2017: started tapering and feeling better, but the symptoms are there. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

My sleep is often disturbed and in the past week I had almost half day long mental confusion and heat waves daily. My back is burning. I have the rarest disease in the world.

Delirium happens in PTSD and substance and alcohol use. 

Really really my life has been stolen from me. I am a wreck barely hanging on barely existing. 

Please don't be angry I had to share this with u. When I say coma and delirium I am serious. If I quit and start exercise it will create a snow ball affect and I will constantly drink water and start losing weight. There are pins and needles in my arm. Mental confusion agitation dry mouth excessive water consumption and of course rapid weight loss.  

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. What have mods advised on the situation? Are you tapering or on the same dose as before?

2011-2014: 25-50mg Zoloft then CT via doctors advice. Some mild physical sx but fully functioning, unaware that withdrawal was a thing. Dr didn’t know why I was chronically dizzy with brain fog & advised to try Zoloft again.

2016: severe adverse reactions to Zoloft (1 dose), Paxil (3 weeks), celexa (2 weeks), buspar (1 dose), lamictal (4 doses). Ativan 12 times within a month. Also tried Xanax & klonopin a couple times. Each reaction became more severe. Kindled. Became disabled from these meds.

Drug free 12-16-2016
Month 1-20: +5% healing every month
Month 21- present: setback to acute from amoxicillin antibiotic (1 dose)
Month 32- 11 months into setback from antibiotic. Seems I was floxed by amoxicillin somehow. Horrific.

Same dose. The expert moderators are amazing. They are phenomenal. Unfortunately me and Maize and Terry we are not doing good and i am possibly the worst bc İ am having mental confusion. The balance iş completely off. Cns is strugling tocope. Öne zoloft pill was the end for me. Anyway that is all. Thanks for the reply. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

3birdsandrobin she was lucky.  She knew immediately to stop in my case I was forced to continue by the doctor and family and now they are all gone. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

• Moderator Emeritus

Virgo43,

I noticed that you posted on 3birdsandrobin's and wanted to provide you with some links that might be helpful to you.  I have found over the course of my withdrawal from anti-depressants, that a positive state of mind is half the battle when dealing with withdrawal symptoms.  I would encourage you to read as many links as you are able, as you might find something that will help ease your suffering or answer some of your questions, in particular, the link entitled "Is it always going to be like this?"

UNUSUAL AND OVERPOWERING EMOTIONS

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Neuro-emotion

Shame, guilt, regret, and self-criticism

Uncontrollable crying spells during and after withdrawal

Coping with with irritation, anger and rage 

Waking with panic or anxiety -- managing cortisol spikes 

Fear, terror, panic, and anxiety

Rebuilding self-confidence, accepting anxiety

Health anxiety, hypochondria, and obsession with symptoms 

OCD: obsessive thoughts, compulsive behaviors

Personality changes during withdrawal, who's had them?

"Change the channel" -- dealing with cognitive symptoms...

"Is it always going to be like this?"

What does healing from withdrawal syndrome feel like?

Current Prescription Drugs for Hypothyroidism:  Synthroid 100mcg / Cytomel 5mcg (15 years Pristiq/Effexor)

Tapering Schedule
September 15, 2016 - switched from Pristiq 50mg to Effexor XR 75mg; November 10, 2016 - reduced to 67.5 Effexor XR
December 9, 2016 - reduced 60.75
January 5, 2017 - reduced 54.67
January 30, 2017 - reduced to 49.0
February 20, 2017 - reduced to 44.0 
May 20, 2017 - reduced to 40.25 (holding for additional month due to late onset of withdrawal symptoms after this taper)
July 17, 2017 - reduced to 38.24
August 15, 2017 - reduced to 37.5 (50% of my original dose)

October 15, 2017 - reduced to 35.6

November 12, 2017 - reduced to 33.8
December 15, 2017 - up-dose to 35.6
December 28, 2017 - up-dose to 37.5

On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:32 AM, virgo43 said:

My life is miserable and i cant find anything positive. Drugs have ruined me.

İ have a question. Can a person ruin CNS with depression or trauma. 

İ swear the god only zoloft was my poison everything went down hill. 

Second my main concern iş the mental confusion is escalating.

Third Why even water intake makes my symptoms worse? Maybe bc it is related to concentration in the blood. 

İ am in the "crappiest parrot Club". Nothing seems to be working for me. İ cant trust the doctors. Deserted by family and friends. 

Pains my heart to read this Virgo just keep digging in your heart for solace .why would you trust a doctor they've only proven to be destructive ,I'm finished going near  them for ever .As for family and friends ,every one has there ignorance .I think we put to much confidence in them and then get let down .they could never find out the strength of character that you are showing and all of us on here .

PB

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning. 

Thanks for the links. I read all of them.

Sorry to be complaining. There fore I am keeping my complaints to a minimum. This is a forum for positive news. 

I often dream abt how badly I reacted to ad medicine and was forced to continue. 

I was in ER again due to severe pains and numbness in my arms and feet and headache. 

I contacted the doctor who wrote the book "anti depressant trap" he is aware of my situation he recommends getting checked in a facility to be monitored. 

I seem to be suffering from many other factors and the doctor said my situation can get worse. The symptoms may escalate further and get out of control. He mentioned something abt feedback mechanism sympathetic system over drive but couldn't understand. He explained the reason why fight/flight and over consumption of water happens. 

If I get checked in it won't be possible to control what they give or how they treat my severe symptoms.  

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

I think there is a term called critical threshold. The receptor downregulation if it passes below a critical threshold the cns goes into over drive the body enters fight flight response and the symptoms escalate gradually but quickly. Even at 25mg there is no comfort for me. Don't know what to do. Have all the tools electronic scale etc. The body systems are malfunctioning food and water intake just minimal very minimal movement.  This is basically vegetative state sleep is non existent.

I have Ct brain scans with 9 months difference and there is increased calcification. It definitely built up somewhere and caused cns issues. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

• Moderator Emeritus

Dear b.

I have been to ER twice with severe headache. 

I also had mental confusion. I am really worried abt Delirium Tremans. Really need to find a way out. 

Should I check into a clinic? 
http://www.antidepressantsfacts.com/pinealstory2.htm

I have brain scan results with 9 months difference. There is calcification in my brain

Current Prescription Drugs for Hypothyroidism:  Synthroid 100mcg / Cytomel 5mcg (15 years Pristiq/Effexor)

Tapering Schedule
September 15, 2016 - switched from Pristiq 50mg to Effexor XR 75mg; November 10, 2016 - reduced to 67.5 Effexor XR
May 20, 2017 - reduced to 40.25 (holding for additional month due to late onset of withdrawal symptoms after this taper)

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Virgo43, I've moved your personal message from last night into your Introduction Thread so that all of the moderators will have access to your information and will be able to respond.  It's best to post your questions here as moderators are not always able to respond to your questions personally.  When you post in your Introduction thread, everyone is able to see and you will likely get a response sooner.  Please note that moderators are not medical doctors and cannot provide medical advice, as far as going into a clinic, the only people that can make that decision are you and your medical doctor.  I have no medical expertise and cannot comment on calcification of the brain.  

What you are experiencing is totally normal under the circumstances.  From what I can see of your tapering history, you have made some very large decreases, 75mg to 50mg Jan/Feb and then another large decrease from 50mg to 25mg in May.  The central nervous system cannot handle such large changes and this is likely what is causing your trouble.  

From my understanding of these drugs, and without getting too technical and to simplify their action in the brain, when we start taking a drug, our brain adapts to the presence of the drug by making changes to accommodate its presence.  It recalibrates itself back to stability despite the presence of the drug so that it can function normally again.  When a person makes a large reduction, in your case a reduction of 25mg back in January, your brain panicked to try and recalibrate itself back to stability without the 25mg and had a lot of difficulty doing this because it was such a large reduction.  Surviving Antidepressants recommends tapering by 10% of your current dose with a hold of at least four weeks in-between decreases.  Before your brain had a chance to recover from that extremely large 25mg decrease, you again reduced another 25mg which made things even worse.  In other words you have, in five short months, reduced 50mg of a potent antidepressant and your brain is having difficulty adjusting back to stability.  If you had followed the recommendations of Surviving Antidepressants to safely taper this drug by 10% each month, it would have taken you approximately two years to reduce by 50mg.

Reducing antidepressant doses has to be done very cautiously and slowly to avoid experiencing what is happening with you right now.  I'm not surprised that you are experiencing headaches that take you to the ER.  Your central nervous system hasn't been able to tolerate such large decreases and it is going to take a lot of time before you start feeling well again.  When I switched from Pristiq to Effexor to start tapering off of antidepressants, I didn't realize that Pristiq was so much stronger than Effexor and didn't take enough Effexor to counterbalance this change and when I destabilized it was pretty intense.  I had derealization, depersonalization, thought I was losing my mind among many other awful withdrawal symptoms.  What I learned from this experience was just how potent some of these drugs can be and their effects on the brain. I would say that it took approximately three months before I started feeling better but I have to remind you that I didn't make two very large changes in a short period of time like you have.  It can take months, many months for the brain to restabilize from a single change, even a small one so by reducing 50mg in four short months unfortunately has contributed to problems.

It may take you a very long time to stabilize from the changes that you have made and it would be in your best interest to try and learn to manage your symptoms as best as you can by finding techniques discovered by other members that helped them calm their symptoms.  In my opinion, it is going to take you a long time, likely many months before you start to feel any better, so in the meantime, all you can do is have patience that things will eventually get better for you.

Am glad to hear that you are seeing a therapist, a supportive therapist sounds like a very good idea.  Perhaps they may be able to help you incorporate a few techniques to help you with the mental confusion which is a very typical withdrawal symptom that does seem to resolve over time.  I'm going to attach a couple of links for you to read that might help you to discover ways to help you manage your symptoms.  

What is Happening in Your Brain

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Health anxiety, hypochondria, and obsession with symptoms

Journalling - Therapeutic Writing & Health Benefits

Edited by baroquep

Tapering Schedule

Thanks for the time and effort.

I was trying to say that my body is never comfortable at any dose and with obvious calcification there is definitely calcification in other locations as well.

I am unstable at any dose. A rare person. When I first took it thr symptoms were very severe the damage must have been done at that time. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Question. 

This potent drug is taken out of the body with water.

So the amount of water and exercise amount should affect the concentration in the blood.

Why none of the members don't have any fluctuations in response to exercise and water intake. 

Yes for highly sensitive patients fellow sufferers 30 min short walk seems to be the best way.

Some of us are able to work out and engage in heavy exercise.  Great news.

In my case I have mentioned all before. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Why aren't psychiatrist aware of tapering?

Why are they prescribing these potent drugs like candy. Even to teenagers. 

Why we don't have researchers who have been able to find out thst these meds are no different than placebo. 

Why isn't all this research available?

Why are we so silent. Even utube videos supporting our cause are very few.

Why are the doctors and big pharma so powerful. When  are we gojng to see these potent drugs to be banned. Go into pages of history like mercury for syphillis.

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Mental confusion is possible to handle.

One ER doctor confirmed I have early signs of D.T. He said positive negative feedback mechanism is not working.

My humble opinion is who ever experienced the severest symptoms during first stages of administration suffer the most during withdrawal.

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

• Moderator Emeritus

Here are links to some things I have found on the internet:

Interview:  Confessions of an Rx Drug Pusher (51 minutes Gwen Olsen - ex pharmaceutical representative)

Antidepressants and the Placebo Effect (article by Irving Kirsch, author of The Emperor's New Drugs:  Exploding the Antidepressant Myth)

Video:  Simple Truths About Psychiatry - Series of 10 by Dr Peter Breggin

Videos:  Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from? (1 minute)

How are psychiatric diagnoses made?  (1 minute 30 seconds)

Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes? (2 minutes)

Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects? (1 minute)

Do antidepressants work? (2 minutes)                 

Video:  The DSM:  Psychiatry's Deadliest Scam (1 hour 20 minutes)

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Dear friends.

Baroquep please remember that up until june I thought antideps were useful but I was wondering why am I suffering a lot. Then i started vomiting fainting at 75mg which made me realize that I have to come off them. Started reading and reading and came across SA and realized that these are very potent and harmful. My tapering has been abrupt but was never ever comfortable at any dose. Never ever stabilized at any dose. 

t.

My question is simple. 

I really am fearful of DT and I keep showing early signs. This fear is killing me and I am almost certain the calcification affected the feedback mechanism. Doctors also confirmed that In such a short time it won't be possible to have increased calcification. Clearly the fluoride in the meds have been deposited there.

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Question?

My heart is beating very irregularly.  95 to 65 and I had it checked nothing came out. Also I will never ever touch seroquel again. 

Skeeter was mad at me for that I didn't use it often.

Finally is there a whatsapp chat group I really need to talk to people.  

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Is there a government agency that follows SA. I have computer scans which show clear difference in calcification levels. What proof is necessary to show them that I am much worse than before.

The day I took the antidep I was able to sleep 5 hrs had slight headache and finally was able to walk an hour. Assuming that was the bottom of my illness. 

Now I am much much worse and at risk of losing my life. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Just as an update. The GP found there are a few cysts in my large intestine and I booked an appointment with oncology department. 

Every single side effect of ssri s I am facing. 

It is clear that even the starting dose was toxic for me. Is there a center which deals with patients who over dose on antidepressants and face serious symptoms.  My friends recommended the following. 

Recommendation to consult with an online substance abuse detox center.. based in the US
https://www.samhsa.gov/

How about Europe?

The addiction clinics in Istanbul refused to treat me. 

I am again in panic mode. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

• Moderator Emeritus
12 hours ago, virgo43 said:

The GP found there are a few cysts in my large intestine

You might have got these anyway without taking a psychiatric drug.  There are some things that are caused by them, but not everything.  For example I have small lumps which move around in my knee but I am not blaming them on taking an antidepressant for 25+ years.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Administrator

No government agency follows SurvivingAntidepressants.org. SAMHSA is a U.S. government agency. It does not treat patients.

Your gut problems are probably unrelated to the Zoloft you took.

Your condition is not one detox centers would treat. By "detox," they mean going off drugs. You are not taking drugs.

You had an adverse reaction to Zoloft. It will take time for your system to settle down from that.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Cysts/ hemorrhoids are one of the side effects plus I didn't have any before.

I am really struggling here and my extended family they are asking me to get hospitalized to be monitored. Not in a good condition. Currently trying to find a doctor that understands. My therapist/doctor who is aware of such problems is not related to a hospital. He is also looking and contacting his colleagues. 

I basically survived the first dose just by chance most others would have been hospitalized and now in serious trouble.

The calcification the cysts the receptor downgrade are all done by this lentil size drug.

I was wondering if any of u are aware of a case or a doctor who treats patients who attempted suicide and or overdosed with these ssri drugs. Mine is no different. 

Cns is de stabilized beyond recovery. Don't know what to do. Where to go. It is not addiction it is physiological modification.  

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Sister Alto.

Thanks for the explanation.

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

With help of brilliant PoetJester we are more or less close to identifying or approximating my condition. 

Toxic metabolic encephalopathy.

http://www.lifescript.com/health/a-z/conditions_a-z/conditions/m/metabolic_encephalopathy.aspx

Build up of toxic chemicals which aren't processed by the liver in the brain. In this case toxic substance is anti depressants which actually require cyp450 enzyme to be processed. If not it results in receptor downgrade and toxicity in the brain.

I have CT scans with 9 months difference and there is increased calcification in the brain. 

Just wanted to share this and wanted feedback. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Dear family members.

Since this is a discussion forum I have been asking interesting (in my opinion) questions. 

I have been asking this question for a while.

1. All it matters is the concentration of the drug in the blood.

2. Food intake and water intake and exercise does effect the amount of water in the body.

3. The toxins aka ssri s that we take are processed by the liver and the kidneys. Cyp450 liver enzyme mainly. 

4. So the amount of food water and exercise should really affect the ssri levels in the blood. Therefore our symptoms can really change depending on these factors.

5. I have been reading but am not able to find an explanation to this.

Any ideas?

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Dear friends. 

This video shows how I reacted within 6 hours of taking the ssri and I was made to continue.

I am not able to forget that dreadful day and not forgive the doctor and my family who forced me to continue.

Of course the question? Why me?

It is a case of akathisia.

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Dear friends.

I am at 25mg zoloft.

Even at max dose I was never ever comfortable.  Never felt ok. 

Currently have zero energy hardly enough to take shower. 

Looking for a doctor who has experience in drug overdose and toxic chemical build up in brain. Neurologist maybe.

Just an update.

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

• Moderator Emeritus
On 13/09/2017 at 2:42 AM, virgo43 said:

I contacted the doctor who wrote the book "anti depressant trap" he is aware of my situation he recommends getting checked in a facility to be monitored

I can't find this book anywhere, is this the correct title? Who is the doctor who wrote it? I am interested in reading it. 

On 17/09/2017 at 1:08 PM, virgo43 said:

I have Ct brain scans with 9 months difference and there is increased calcification. It definitely built up somewhere and caused cns issues.

When did you have the scans Virgo?  Did they specify how much calcification there is?  Some calcification is normal. 

You need to STOP GOOGLING! Stop trying to diagnose yourself because you are driving yourself insane.  You will always find someone who is happy to diagnose you and try to get you to go to a hospital or detox facility. There are people out there who are sharing silly things like which food or drink contains pure poison. If you research you find that some are just scaremongering.  Most people do not understand drug reactions and withdrawal. There are 2 main types. One type of person does not accept any of it and believes we are just insane and need to be locked up.  The second type diagnose all kinds of awful diseases and suggest hospitals or strange cures. Doctors can fall into either category and sometimes order all kinds of tests but still do not believe the drug reaction or withdrawal.  

You HAVE to stop frightening yourself. Upregulators, downregulators, serotonin, gaba, on and on it goes round and round in circles. You do remarkably well at researching the scary stuff which tells me that your brain is functioning. You have clarity for things that interest you and that would be good if you were putting it to good use instead of just frightening yourself. 

My daughter was nervous sbout flying, so she thought she would feel better if she understood why planes crashed. Now she is TERRIFIED and will not go anywhere near an aeroplane. 

I have had cancer, I researched the bad stuff and found out the symptoms, and what course it would take. Then I researched the positive stuff and how many people survived. I decided that I was going to be in the survival numbers.  My husband had cancer and went for surgery. He was told there was a 5% failure rate and was so scared. I pointed out that this meant a 95% SUCCESS rate.  When he got that into his mind he was not scared. 

You need to do the same and look at the people who have got through it, and those of us who are still going through it and supporting each other. It's a long, long journey we are all on, navigating the waves on just a little surfboard. A surfer doesn't have anyone to hold his hand, he has to balance that board by himself. We are all balancing our own boards and riding pur waves. Some are near the shore and others near the start line.    Make your mind up that you are going to ride this and come out the other side stronger than you have even been and then you can help others. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

The doctor he is Turkish citizen. The name of his book is "antidepressan tuzagi" Mutluhan Izmir.

Unfortunately he doesn't know much about tapering he asked me to use other drugs in replacement of the original one. 

Thanks for the long inspiring letter. The  neurologist and endocrinologist have seen my blood results and ct scans and listened to my symptoms. 

The scans are from September 16 and June 17 and there is clear marked calcification difference. 

There is research online that if pineal glands get over calcified it can lead to serious issues. 

Obvious calcification in frontal lobe. 

http://www.antidepressantsfacts.com/pinealstory.htm

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

He is the leading  expert in this field. Much more knowledgeable and a great asset to the nation. 

Read his book many times over and over. Amazing amount of info but very easy to follow. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

It is an open forum and in front of everyone I sincerely apologize from all of u bc of my careless words. I am very sorry very sorry. Totally unintentional. I have these daily episodes and very scary test results. Please forgive me. It is not my intention to hurt anyone. Lost everything within a matter of months. All bc of a lentil size pill and negligence of doctors and family. 

This is not an excuse just an explanation. Once again. My judgement is impaired hanging on by a thread. 

Sincerely. With all my heart I am very sorry. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

• Administrator

Virgo, I am very sorry to say that we probably can't help you here. This is just an Internet forum. As we've explained many times, it can take a long time to recover from a severe adverse drug reaction. You need to remain calm and take care of yourself.

Please stop sending messages to me and the moderators. Please seek help in person for your persistent worries.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Dear moderators.

This is an amazing site for tapering help and for non drug techniques. For emotional support.

Also for great research related to psychiatric meds and effects.

I apologise for my worrisome attitude.

It is not persistent worry it is persistent debilitating pain even at 25mg. Still after so many months haven't stabilized at all. Have no clue what to do next. 

My persistent pain is preventing me from remaining calm. Almost always I get daily attacks. 

Honestly except the moderators here there is nowhere to go to for me.  Possibly my condition is a bit more difficult or challenging then the rest. Agreed. Will remain calm from now on. 

Thanks

Antidepressants can cause TME

Metabolic encephalopathy may also occur as a result of various toxic agents such as alcohol, sedatives (barbiturates, narcotics), psychiatric agents (tricyclic antidepressants, anticholinergics, phenothiazines), heavy metal poisoning, organic phosphates, and other drugs (anticonvulsants, corticosteroids, penicillin, etc.).[9],[10],[11],[12]
http://www.neurologyindia.com/article.asp?issn=0028-3886;year=2017;volume=65;issue=1;spage=123;epage=128;aulast=Berisavac;type=3

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx