Enrico2910: member from Italy

enrico2910

Ooh.  Yes, neuro-emotions are awful.  I had to avoid talking about anything that made me angry — which is quite difficult to manage.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2021 at 7:44 PM, Rosetta said:

Ooh.  Yes, neuro-emotions are awful.  I had to avoid talking about anything that made me angry — which is quite difficult to manage.

Ciao, how are you?

After 42 days of storm and hell, I think WDs faded away. I am finally able to eat without  vomiting 🤮, less nausea, disautonomia is far or less disappeared (burning sensations out of nowhere, muscle twitching, muscle trembling, rigidity, strange weird feeling in my head, etc.). Even the panic|terror triggered by nothing disappeared. Acupunture helped me a lot with nausea and vomit. I am still doing it.

Today I started again my low dose supplements without having any strange side effects. It's 2 days that I was able to sleep 6-7 hours.

It left me with a depression with crying spells especially in the evening. A lot of anxiety that I am trying to control, difficult to concentrate and a diffuse sense of anhedonia.

During this 42 days I've experienced strange sexual symptoms. Some days I feel hyper (strong erection, and orgasm very pleasurable), some other days I feel hypo (difficult erection, pleasure of orgasm absent :(). In both cases premature ejaculation is a common feature. I think that I will end hypo. This is the feeling.

I'm 35 and I'm scared about PSSD as everyone I think.

Today I feel calm and unbelievable I am afraid that something wrong will happen in a couple of months. Worse than this? I lost 7kg. From 77 to 70kg. My body hair started to grow up everywhere. Even the beard now is full of hair. 

What do you think? The storm is passed. This was like an hurricane, and I think Altostrada was right. I triggered all this with a bad reinstatement, but I was in WDs from 3.4 mg. It would have happened in any case. I think I quit the drug definitively in Feb/March. I am scared that something worse than this will happen to me. Read a lot of stories that after 3-6 months something will happen. I am not sure what can happen more the this. I think I am almost died or I think I was going to die.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner. All postings © copyrighted.

Jamuary 2009 - 2011: 40 drops, 80 mg of Citalopram per day. Start of my horrible journey.  2011 - 2013:  Cold turkey. I felt well, one year and half, then I relapsed with a mild depression. Of course my doctor put me on citalopram again, 80 mg.

2013 - 2015: 40 drops, 80 mg of Citalopram per day.

2015 - 2017: 16 drops, 32 mg of Citalopram per day. 1 drop off per time when I felt enough strong to try.  Very long brain adaptation window (even months sometimes). Plus CBS. BDZ that I sometimes used to ease my anxiety were abandoned. 

2017 - 2019:  12 drops, 24 mg of Citalopram per day. Continuing with CBT. 1 drop off per time when I felt enough strong to try.  Very long brain adaptation window (even months sometimes). Plus CBS. 

May 2019: 10 drops, 20 mg. I got positive for MTHFR homozygous C677T. Deficiency in Vit. B9, B6, D, borderline for Vit. B12 . Major mistake: from 20mg to 10mg in just 3weeks in favor of natural supplements. Struggling to find a balance between supplements and Citalopram reinstatement. 

July 2019: 7 drops, 14 mg. Taking B-complex and Vit D because of serious deficiency. Found a balance. 

October 2019: 10.4 mg. Taking low dose B complex, Vit D, magnesium and omega 3, Zinc-L-Carnosyne. 

February 2020: 4 drops, 8 mg. Taking low dose B complex, Vit D, magnesium and omega 3, Zinc-L-Carnosyne. 

March  2020 - August 2020:  very slow tapering from 8mg to 4mg. 

From January 2021 to April 2021: I don't know what happened. Drug lost its potency (Bottle had been opened for too long - 7 months and someone put water inside to speed up the process). Tried to reinstate 2 mg. Bad reaction. Free since 4th of April. 

• Mentor

You will definitely recover. I have been through literal hell because of escitalopram and I'm currently doing much better after reinstatement.

I'm now slowly tapering off, following the guidelines and advice on this website.

Please listen to what the moderators say here as they really know what they're doing.

If they say something that goes against what your doctor says, please believe the moderators here.

They have decades of real life experience with these drugs and they literally saved my life.

Peace and healing

- Escitalopram 10mg from ages 15 - 21

- Severe crash after 4 month taper to 0

- Reinstated, stabilized, slowly tapering.

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it." - Hellen Keller

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

9 minutes ago, Yesyes123 said:

You will definitely recover. I have been through literal hell because of escitalopram and I'm currently doing much better after reinstatement.

I'm now slowly tapering off, following the guidelines and advice on this website.

Please listen to what the moderators say here as they really know what they're doing.

If they say something that goes against what your doctor says, please believe the moderators here.

They have decades of real life experience with these drugs and they literally saved my life.

Peace and healing

I don't know. I am scared. April21. I will remember it for ever. I think I've cried more in this month than all my entire life. I don't know if something worse than this will happen in a couple of months. 

My father was so scared that yesterday forced me to visit a neurologist in one of the most important centre in Italy.

He told me premature ejaculation was the come back of my disease. Thanks him I laughed a lot. Which disease? I never suffered premature ejaculation. I never experienced all these scaring symptoms even in my most terrible panic attack.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner. All postings © copyrighted.

Jamuary 2009 - 2011: 40 drops, 80 mg of Citalopram per day. Start of my horrible journey.  2011 - 2013:  Cold turkey. I felt well, one year and half, then I relapsed with a mild depression. Of course my doctor put me on citalopram again, 80 mg.

2015 - 2017: 16 drops, 32 mg of Citalopram per day. 1 drop off per time when I felt enough strong to try.  Very long brain adaptation window (even months sometimes). Plus CBS. BDZ that I sometimes used to ease my anxiety were abandoned. 

2017 - 2019:  12 drops, 24 mg of Citalopram per day. Continuing with CBT. 1 drop off per time when I felt enough strong to try.  Very long brain adaptation window (even months sometimes). Plus CBS. 

May 2019: 10 drops, 20 mg. I got positive for MTHFR homozygous C677T. Deficiency in Vit. B9, B6, D, borderline for Vit. B12 . Major mistake: from 20mg to 10mg in just 3weeks in favor of natural supplements. Struggling to find a balance between supplements and Citalopram reinstatement. 

July 2019: 7 drops, 14 mg. Taking B-complex and Vit D because of serious deficiency. Found a balance. 

October 2019: 10.4 mg. Taking low dose B complex, Vit D, magnesium and omega 3, Zinc-L-Carnosyne. 

February 2020: 4 drops, 8 mg. Taking low dose B complex, Vit D, magnesium and omega 3, Zinc-L-Carnosyne. 

From January 2021 to April 2021: I don't know what happened. Drug lost its potency (Bottle had been opened for too long - 7 months and someone put water inside to speed up the process). Tried to reinstate 2 mg. Bad reaction. Free since 4th of April. 

• Mentor
37 minutes ago, enrico2910 said:

I don't know. I am scared. April21. I will remember it for ever. I think I've cried more in this month than all my entire life. I don't know if something worse than this will happen in a couple of months. 

I was in this exact state just a few months ago.

It might get a lot better a lot sooner than you think. I am doing much, much better now.

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it." - Hellen Keller

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

6 minutes ago, Yesyes123 said:

I was in this exact state just a few months ago.

It might get a lot better a lot sooner than you think. I am doing much, much better now.

You'll still taking it. I am now free and scared.

• Mentor
7 minutes ago, enrico2910 said:

You'll still taking it. I am now free and scared.

I was in hell for quite a while even after reinstatement.

Here's a little something I just wrote:

11 minutes ago, Yesyes123 said:

I was in hell for quite a while even after reinstatement.

Here's a little something I just wrote:

What I can say... I am really scared and I hope I will not crash. 42 days of pure hell.

• Mentor

Is reintatement of a very small dose not an option for you?

2 hours ago, Yesyes123 said:

Is reintatement of a very small dose not an option for you?

After 42 days of pure torture and suffering? I will try to reinstate only in the case I will start planning suicide. I don't give up easily. I have been working for 2 years and half with WDs and I never took one day off from my job, and my job is not easy as a project manager in a multinational company, stress is everywhere. I used post it to remember things as my memory has gone since I start to taper down in June2019. Funny stuff this year I've received a "over performer" feedback from the company. I think in these 2 years I've developed a lot of skills and tools to work less (lean thinking, reducing meetings, less complicated project plans, the art of delegation, the art of ignoring annoying people, and the most important one "saying NO"... Saying NO when it doesn't make sense, when it's not possible, when my team doesn't have time to do any other additional stuff, and when I am on holidays or I am out of office). I think I've reduced my weekly active working hours from 60 to 20 and the company awarded me. Think how stupid is our society! We can do more with less, much less. 

Now I am obsessed with PSSD. I can suffer all the misery of this healing process, but I cannot accept these. I tried to meditate, but I cannot let it go. I am 35 and now single. I would like to have a family one day, but when a this will finish? 1 month, 1 year, 10 years? I trust @Altostrata when she says is possibile to heal. Indeed she saved my life from medical malpractices. See what neurologist says about my premature ejaculation. He wants me to be put on Buspirone. Never and never. I can only accept natural remedies. I experiment with natural supplement every day at my one risk. Maybe a day I'll post what works for me. The problem is that our system is oversensitive, so even a good natural remedy can harm us, but sometimes I found a proper dosage to help me, like liquid vitamins B taken 3-4 times during the day at low dosage. 

• Mentor
21 minutes ago, enrico2910 said:

After 42 days of pure torture and suffering? I will try to reinstate only in the case I will start planning suicide. I don't give up easily. I have been working for 2 years and half with WDs and I never took one day off from my job, and my job is not easy as a project manager in a multinational company, stress is everywhere. I used post it to remember things as my memory has gone since I start to taper down in June2019. Funny stuff this year I've received a "over performer" feedback from the company. I think in these 2 years I've developed a lot of skills and tools to work less (lean thinking, reducing meetings, less complicated project plans, the art of delegation, the art of ignoring annoying people, and the most important one "saying NO"... Saying NO when it doesn't make sense, when it's not possible, when my team doesn't have time to do any other additional stuff, and when I am on holidays or I am out of office). I think I've reduced my weekly active working hours from 60 to 20 and the company awarded me. Think how stupid is our society! We can do more with less, much less. 

Now I am obsessed with PSSD. I can suffer all the misery of this healing process, but I cannot accept these. I tried to meditate, but I cannot let it go. I am 35 and now single. I would like to have a family one day, but when a this will finish? 1 month, 1 year, 10 years? I trust @Altostrata when she says is possibile to heal. Indeed she saved my life from medical malpractices. See what neurologist says about my premature ejaculation. He wants me to be put on Buspirone. Never and never. I can only accept natural remedies. I experiment with natural supplement every day at my one risk. Maybe a day I'll post what works for me. The problem is that our system is oversensitive, so even a good natural remedy can harm us, but sometimes I found a proper dosage to help me, like liquid vitamins B taken 3-4 times during the day at low dosage. 

You willl heal from PSSD. And it will definitely take less than 10 years. I have seen cases of PSSD that healed or improved by over 80% in under 2 years.

I am a bit confused from your signature - why do you say 42 days of pure torture? Did you come off the drug 42 days ago after a long taper? Did you enter WD 42 days ago?

It seems as your signature is incomplete?

Peace and healing

36 minutes ago, Yesyes123 said:

You willl heal from PSSD. And it will definitely take less than 10 years. I have seen cases of PSSD that healed or improved by over 80% in under 2 years.

I am a bit confused from your signature - why do you say 42 days of pure torture? Did you come off the drug 42 days ago after a long taper? Did you enter WD 42 days ago?

Peace and healing

Sorry I didn't have time to update my signature. I am drug free since 42 days, but I think I quit it in Feb/March. My sister put water in it, and the liquid bottle was opened more than the suggested 4 months (7 months). I start experiencing mild symphtoms in Feb/Mar, I tried a reinstatement on 4th of April (failed, I had a bad reaction) and then the hell started. Indeed my last dose was 42 days ago. 

41 minutes ago, Yesyes123 said:

Peace and healing

Unfortunately I've already read all the story about PSSD. My anxiety is over the roof. Orgasmic anedonia is the most scariest symptoms ever. 

• Mentor
2 hours ago, enrico2910 said:

Unfortunately I've already read all the story about PSSD. My anxiety is over the roof. Orgasmic anedonia is the most scariest symptoms ever. 

That's something I used to do a lot... read all the stories.

Have you seen any story of people who have taken these drugs for years and CT'd without major problems? Probably not because these people don't usually post them online as they don't even think that much of it.

But there are many of those. Why am I saying this? To show that every one is drastically different when it comes to psychiatric drugs.

There's no way to tell how long it will take for you to get better. I've talked to quite a few people having problems with these drugs and a common thing I always hear is "I've seen the stories, I will never heal, this is permanent" or "I can't handle that long before healing" and that's just not a good or realistic attitude. There are people who come out of this much quicker but our brains are conditioned to remember the more extreme things and so the picture we keep in our minds is always that ours is the worst case in the world or those terrible stories and we keep relating to them.

Only time can tell. And sometimes it is faster than we think.

• Mentor

What other symptoms do you still have?

Oh, it is so difficult to have the anxiety and physical stuff, and then you attach your anxiety to the physical stuff because you are trying to make sense of what is happening to you.  So, you go into an emotional spiral.  

Have you seen brassmonkey’s “emotional spiral” posts?  These ruminations are a normal part of WD, and you have to learn to ignore them.  Your thoughts are unwanted houseguests, he said.  You have to ignore them until they leave.  That’s his take on it.  I know - easier said than done.

PSSD is just like all the other symptoms.  It goes away if you don’t keep re-injuring yourself.  I feel that your focus in the 3-6 month disaster is an intrusive thought for you.  You may notice that it comes and goes?  That sort of thing probably happens to people, but it’s just a regular wave and it goes away.  It’s not a common thing that never goes away — at least not that people talk about on SA.  Is that a common topic on the PSSD board?

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

@enrico2910 I just wanted to drop you a note to tell you that I believe in you and in your ability to do well in the future.  

I found your story because I am also going to be going off Celexa and I was reading other stories of people who are weaning this drug.  I had the benefit of reading your story over the years all at once and I have been so impressed by your tenacity and your ability to keep moving on despite setbacks.  

Please know that you have someone else out there rooting for you.   Just remember that it’s natural to feel afraid during this process as we are all going through a scary time.   I only hope that I can handle my eventual weaning as gracefully and intuitively as you have done so far.   

2014-now .0625mg Xanax as needed

2017 20 mg Celexa, 2018 10 mg

June 2020 - 15 mg Celexa 

Sept 2020 10 mg Celexa (2 week taper of alternating 15/10 doses)

Jan - Mar 2021 lots of dose changes in attempt to taper Clx per doctor’s recos. 

3/31/21 re-stabilized at 15 mg Celexa
4/30/21- 15 mg split dose (7.5 am & pm)

5/28 - 15 mg, transition 5 mg to liquid

6/22/21 14.5 mg, 7/12 14.4 mg, 9/12 14.3 mg, 12/8 14.0mg, 2/24/22 13.8, 8/27/22 13.4

6/12/23 12.9mg, 12/14/23 12.4 mg 3/17/24 11.7 4/19 11.3

400mg Mg Glyc, probiotic, Vit D, GABA with l-theanine, 1200 mg ashwaghanda, Calcium Magnesium Butyrate, 60 progesterone, L-Tyrosine 1500 mg, 3 drops iodine, GI Resolve, 3 pills ProMulti+ per day, 4 IgG support, 4 NK Stim, 50 mg estrogen cream

6 hours ago, Yesyes123 said:

That's something I used to do a lot... read all the stories.

Have you seen any story of people who have taken these drugs for years and CT'd without major problems? Probably not because these people don't usually post them online as they don't even think that much of it.

But there are many of those. Why am I saying this? To show that every one is drastically different when it comes to psychiatric drugs.

There's no way to tell how long it will take for you to get better. I've talked to quite a few people having problems with these drugs and a common thing I always hear is "I've seen the stories, I will never heal, this is permanent" or "I can't handle that long before healing" and that's just not a good or realistic attitude. There are people who come out of this much quicker but our brains are conditioned to remember the more extreme things and so the picture we keep in our minds is always that ours is the worst case in the world or those terrible stories and we keep relating to them.

Only time can tell. And sometimes it is faster than we think.

Thank you. Really appreciated.

5 hours ago, Rosetta said:

Oh, it is so difficult to have the anxiety and physical stuff, and then you attach your anxiety to the physical stuff because you are trying to make sense of what is happening to you.  So, you go into an emotional spiral.  

Have you seen brassmonkey’s “emotional spiral” posts?  These ruminations are a normal part of WD, and you have to learn to ignore them.  Your thoughts are unwanted houseguests, he said.  You have to ignore them until they leave.  That’s his take on it.  I know - easier said than done.

PSSD is just like all the other symptoms.  It goes away if you don’t keep re-injuring yourself.  I feel that your focus in the 3-6 month disaster is an intrusive thought for you.  You may notice that it comes and goes?  That sort of thing probably happens to people, but it’s just a regular wave and it goes away.  It’s not a common thing that never goes away — at least not that people talk about on SA.  Is that a common topic on the PSSD board?

Is that a common topic on the PSSD board? 

What do you mean? 

There are a lot of people talking about PSSD like a permanent status. A permanent damage to your body. And maybe they try to heal themselves adding drugs and other drugs and they remain stucked in a loop. I firmly trust @Altostrata and you, so I will not try to cure PSSD, but I will wait, praying God to give me the strength to resist. 

Iintrusive thoughts are so hard during WDs. Even with meditation it's hard to ignore them and I can say that after 2 years practice I am able to meditate properly even for an hour or 2.

E.

5 hours ago, Hopepersists said:

@enrico2910 I just wanted to drop you a note to tell you that I believe in you and in your ability to do well in the future.  

I found your story because I am also going to be going off Celexa and I was reading other stories of people who are weaning this drug.  I had the benefit of reading your story over the years all at once and I have been so impressed by your tenacity and your ability to keep moving on despite setbacks.  

Please know that you have someone else out there rooting for you.   Just remember that it’s natural to feel afraid during this process as we are all going through a scary time.   I only hope that I can handle my eventual weaning as gracefully and intuitively as you have done so far.   

I promise you I'll keep you updated. Sometimes I think that people that heal just disappear. Quite normal: they want to delete everything connected with the hell they lived with.

I think 🤔 that what remains on the web is just the negative/very negative experience fueling the despair of people trying to quit.

Statistically most of events can be describing with a Gaussian curve. Some people on the left will suffer NO WDs, majority of people in the middle will experience taught WDs, and some people on the right will experience horrible WDs. What is left on the Web id the horrible WDs.

So I will give you updates about my progress. And Indeed I have already had progress.

I was no able to eat (Nausea) -- Now I eat

I was vomiting daily -- Disappeared

I was not able to sleep -- Tonight I slept almost 8 hours

I was not able to walk -- yesterday I walked 2 Km

I was not able to focus and work -- Yesterday I worked 5h

I didn't want to see anyone -- On Sunday I went to a pub with some friends

Indeed I was not able to have an erection -- Yesterday I had a 80%erection. I still experience no pleasure, pleasurless orgasm and premature ejaculation.

I had depression mood with diurnal fluctuations -- Now it's like one day yes, one day no.

I had daily crying spells -- Now it's subsiding.

Anxiety is my problem. I was put on this because of anxiety. This is something I need to accept and I have to work with. I think anxiety is not a disease but an emotion. And you can cure emotions with drugs, neither with alcohol, or whatever. You need to accept it. You need to accept negative emotions as part of you. Sometimes If I embrace entirely my anxiety, it becomes part of me and I feel I don't need to fight it. I don't need to fight something that is part of me.

Not easy cause I always had a conflict with my own anxiety. Basically I didn't want it and I tried many years to fight it, discovering later that it comes back with vengeance. 

So the problem with WDs is that my anxiety is so so so intense that is difficult to accept like "your life is ruined for ever, you have PSSD and you will never able to have a relationship. Your GF left you alone, cause you deserve it. I want to see you now living with this PSSD... A vegetable, a zombie. Unable to feel emotions. This is not life bro! Find a solution soon. Don't forget that in 3-6 months you will develop akathisia. OMG. Why you took this drugs? You're an idiot". This is hard to ignore and accept, especially when it's intrusive and repetitive. You try to ignore it, but if you catch it for a moment... Boom! You enter in a spiral.

Ciao Enrico, 

I come from Italy too and i’m 27. I took lexapro for 2 years from 2017 to 2019 and now i’m 2 years and more off.  I still have bad waves of anhedonia, DP/DR, but generally i improved a lot, as I explained in my post. There have been 2 years of hell, mood swings, crying spells, mania, akathasia and so on. i confirm what are you thinking, you have overcome the First phase, i developed PSSD only after 6-12 months of being off. My anhedonia and Pssd was severe, but now they have passed, excepts for some Waves of 2/3 days. It’s real hell. The brain takes

14-18 months to change dopamine receptors and restore the mess, there different scientific articles. I developed a protocol about eating, supplements and tips to fast healing. If you’re interested let me know in PM. 

good luck 

Cipralex 2 years treatment (January 2017 to March 2019, with a brief interruption). 

Cipralex 10 mg : January 2017 - July 2017.

Cipralex 5 mg: August 2017 - March 2018.  Start tapering 1 mg a month. 

Off the medication: August 2018.  Too fast tapering, crashed, doctor reinstated considering relapse. 

Cipralex 5 mg: September 2018 - December 2018.  Tired of emotional numbness, start tapering again, 1 mg a month (didn't know it was so fast, following my doctor advice). 

Off the medication: March 2019. 

PSSD and painful withdrawal symptoms: January 2020 until now. Some improvements but still struggling. 

Supplements: some Omega 3 and probiotics, a bit better. 

39 minutes ago, Willfinish said:

Ciao Enrico, 

I come from Italy too and i’m 27. I took lexapro for 2 years from 2017 to 2019 and now i’m 2 years and more off.  I still have bad waves of anhedonia, DP/DR, but generally i improved a lot, as I explained in my post. There have been 2 years of hell, mood swings, crying spells, mania, akathasia and so on. i confirm what are you thinking, you have overcome the First phase, i developed PSSD only after 6-12 months of being off. My anhedonia and Pssd was severe, but now they have passed, excepts for some Waves of 2/3 days. It’s real hell. The brain takes

14-18 months to change dopamine receptors and restore the mess, there different scientific articles. I developed a protocol about eating, supplements and tips to fast healing. If you’re interested let me know in PM. 

good luck 

I wrote you a PM. 

My story was a little bit different. I found this forum before start tapering. So my tapering was really slow. From 80 mg to 20mg in 4 years, and from 20mg to zero in 2 years. My dosage was criminal. 

I felt all symptoms that you describle in the last 2 years - apart from Akathasia  (if you mean, a state where is impossible to stay still as @Rosetta taught me). 

Hope it will not worsen in 6-12 months as today I have a kind of window. Just a feeling of lucidity that resemble my old one. 

E. 

2 hours ago, Willfinish said:

Ciao Enrico, 

good luck 

I was reading your story. Interesting enough when I first came off the drug in 2011 I did it cold turkey and I've experienced no WDs. After 10 months an intense anxiety never experienced before appeared. It was April 2012. Later on on January 2013 I was put on Citalopram again because of depression which indeed I never suffered before. My problem was anxiety and panic. 

At that time I dind't know anything about this forum, so I took citalopram again, convinced by my doctor that this was a relapse/recurrence. 

This time was different,  a complete mess of waves started in 2019, even if I was on the drug . My body had a lot of mineral and vitamin deficiences, I didn't have body hair over my arms and legs (maybe drug stop working because there was nothing remained in my body). I started tapering from 20 mg in June 2019 and each time I tapered I could feel symptoms appeared after a week, then from Feb 2019 to now I am a complete mess. Indeed I've experienced sexual disfunctions just for a couple of weeks and even if I was a mess, my sexuality less or more was alive. 

To be honest you scared me. I am suffering from more than 2 years now and the last 42 days was the most horrible WDs phase I've experienced. I lost 7kgs. Now that I feel a little bit better I don't deserve a second phase or whatever. I barely survived this one ( I was not able to walk, eat, etc.), thinking that something bigger than this will hit me soon.  I think I will end my life. Too tired to suffer in this way.          

Let me think.

what kind of symptoms are you having now ?  Body tries keeping its balance and its homeostasis and for this it needs time. I had water retention for months and losing weight was a good sign of improvement for me. I studied than antidepressant withdrawal happen in two pashed: 1) the first when the drug is off, with past symptoms and the second 2) when mind have to change receptors damaged (when i experienced anhedonia, pssd and so on. it takes at least 14-18 months).

let me know what symptoms do you have now to understand what phase you are 

Cipralex 2 years treatment (January 2017 to March 2019, with a brief interruption). 

Cipralex 10 mg : January 2017 - July 2017.

Cipralex 5 mg: August 2017 - March 2018.  Start tapering 1 mg a month. 

Off the medication: August 2018.  Too fast tapering, crashed, doctor reinstated considering relapse. 

Cipralex 5 mg: September 2018 - December 2018.  Tired of emotional numbness, start tapering again, 1 mg a month (didn't know it was so fast, following my doctor advice). 

Off the medication: March 2019. 

PSSD and painful withdrawal symptoms: January 2020 until now. Some improvements but still struggling. 

Supplements: some Omega 3 and probiotics, a bit better. 

• Moderator Emeritus
5 minutes ago, enrico2910 said:

To be honest you scared me. I am suffering from more than 2 years now and the last 42 days was the most horrible WDs phase I've experienced. I lost 7kgs. Now that I feel a little bit better I don't deserve a second phase or whatever. I barely survived this one ( I was not able to walk, eat, etc.), thinking that something bigger than this will hit me soon.  I think I will end my life. Too tired to suffer in this way.          

I understand the fact that you can only feel fear, and that your mind focus on the negative, I really do. 

That's what our minds do in WD when everything is in chaos.

And I know too well that you perhaps don't manage to be hopefull these days or truly believe that it can get better than you think.

That's exactly what my mind too.

However, from an external point of view, here is what I see

:

- Willfinish's story is a really hopeful one. I have no doubt about how hard his/her journey has been and might still be. But this member talks about improvements, about how as time passes things do get better.

- you seem to be obsessing about a 6-12 months wave, about an impeding doom. I understand this too, that's what our minds do.

BUT :

* you can't predict your journey from another one's journey.

* in fact, nobody can predict the future.

The best we can do is this situation is to try as best as we can to wait for the best and to imagine positive outcomes. 

Waiting for the worse is like watching a horror movie all day long. 

Best to try to change the channel and watch a nice and soothing movie ☺

2 hours ago, enrico2910 said:

Hope it will not worsen in 6-12 months as today I have a kind of window. Just a feeling of lucidity that resemble my old one.

See ? You are seeing some improvements, some moments of relief. That's what matters, not an hypothetical disaster that only exists in our imagination.

Take care dear ☀️

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

3 minutes ago, Willfinish said:

Let me think.

what kind of symptoms are you having now ?  Body tries keeping its balance and its homeostasis and for this it needs time. I had water retention for months and losing weight was a good sign of improvement for me. I studied than antidepressant withdrawal happen in two pashed: 1) the first when the drug is off, with past symptoms and the second 2) when mind have to change receptors damaged (when i experienced anhedonia, pssd and so on. it takes at least 14-18 months).

let me know what symptoms do you have now to understand what phase you are 

I don't think there are phases 1,2,3, etc. In this forums the theory of waves and windows fits at perfection. 

I've experienced anhedonia, brain fog, OCD, depression, physical sympthoms, brain zaps, insonnia, etc. and you know the funny thing: never a panic attack as I remeber it was. An this is the n.1 reason I started taking it. Physical sympthoms that resembled a panic attack, but was more or less a disfunction of my autonomic system.

For me losing weight was not a good sing. I lost 7kgs because I was not able to eat. I survided eating fruits in moments of day I was not nauseated. 

My last 42 days was nothing that resembled my original symphtoms. Indeed I never had a brain zap for anxiety or sensations of extreme intense hot over my body, or seeing light flashes in my eyes, or weird feeling in my skulp. 

Difficult to follow the logic of doctors that tend to simplify everything, trying to divide in phases what they never understood.

Receptors are not damaged, they are desensitized and maybe they will be desensitized for a long even after drug is remover because of epigenetic mechanisms. Damaged receptors will not heal so incredible as different stories in this forum showed us. Epigenetics may be reversed. This is our fortune. 

I quit smoking and my dopamine receptors were desensitized, but it took me 4 weeks to re-sensitized them again. This is not happen with this drug as doctors believed. 

13 minutes ago, Erell said:

I understand the fact that you can only feel fear, and that your mind focus on the negative, I really do. 

That's what our minds do in WD when everything is in chaos.

And I know too well that you perhaps don't manage to be hopefull these days or truly believe that it can get better than you think.

That's exactly what my mind too.

However, from an external point of view, here is what I see

:

- Willfinish's story is a really hopeful one. I have no doubt about how hard his/her journey has been and might still be. But this member talks about improvements, about how as time passes things do get better.

- you seem to be obsessing about a 6-12 months wave, about an impeding doom. I understand this too, that's what our minds do.

BUT :

* you can't predict your journey from another one's journey.

* in fact, nobody can predict the future.

The best we can do is this situation is to try as best as we can to wait for the best and to imagine positive outcomes. 

Waiting for the worse is like watching a horror movie all day long. 

Best to try to change the channel and watch a nice and soothing movie ☺

See ? You are seeing some improvements, some moments of relief. That's what matters, not an hypothetical disaster that only exists in our imagination.

Take care dear ☀️

You're right. 42 days of hell leave some signs. More than 2 years of suffering created a negative background, but you're right. Hope is what kept me alive in these 2 years. 

Thank you for your support. 

Exactly as you said, PSSD sufferers often try every treatment they can, and the fragile nervous system cannot handle that.  The dysautonomia becomes more severe.  The “one ill, one pill“ theory is the problem.  Everything we put into our bodies has multiple effects.  Even if the desired effect occurs, all of our systems are connected and affected in some way.  We may not notice these effects or we may not recognize that they occur because of the drug.  The pushback by the autonomic system can cause the problem we are trying to treat to become worse or last longer.

Enrico, you must not give up if things gets worse for a while.  That is to be expected, and it does not mean you won’t heal.  In fact, each wave means your brain is doing it’s job — repairing, growing.  There is no one who understands exactly what is happening during this process, but we do know our brains have an amazing ability to change back into a functioning organ that properly regulates all the hormones and whatnot.  You will get all your faculties back.  You have to be patient when WD gets bad.  You have come so far in this journey.  You have to remember that healing is not linear process.

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017