SURVEY CLOSED Prescribed Drug Dependence & Withdrawal Survey

RockSie

1 hour ago, Katamari said:

Without that email I would have missed this. Thanks!

Thank you for completing it.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nz11

• Shep

• ChessieCat

• mammaP

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks

grandma, gigi, and marsha.

so glad you added your voice to this survey.

nz11

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

I took the survey.  I smiled all evening knowing that a university is studying the problem.  I am notifying both my therapist and my disbelieving physician team about this survey as more validation of SSRI and benzo withdrawal.

10 mg Lexapro for 2 yrs.  Tapered off in 6 weeks.  

First day off Lexapro, my guts filled with gas; major belching.

3 months so far.

4 month update:

Physical:  bloating is only occasional now (2x per wk); still irregular BMs; face tingling started up again - multiple times/day, goes away

in a minute each time.

Mental:  OMG! Highly irritable, then escalates to total agitation. Anger at dumb things. Trying to catch it as it starts happening,

trying to control.

Periods of wildly racing thoughts; perseveration; makes me feel crazy.  When I catch myself doing it,

I try to chase the thoughts away but am only successful after many tries; I try to focus on a task.

19 mo update: Body Electric and basically no sleep for 9 mo. Now sleeping again. Leg Zaps - painful!             

Happy to have participated

Paxil/Seroxat/paroxetine 10 mg for over 20 years

Several failed attempts at quitting

Slow tapering since June 2016 using liquid paroxetine

Presently stabilising at 0,15 ml (0,3 mg) because of the worst withdrawal so far

June 2017: tried tapering further to 0,1 ml (0,2 mg) but that backfired badly. Stabilising again at 0,15 ml.

July 15, 2017: down to 0

All signed An done 💐

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

Just a thought here...all those people on benzo buddies could some one send the link over to that site?

my brain is mush,sorry if am not making much sense!!

baylissa as posted it on her face book..An the benzo recovery groups are all signing it too...

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

Just answered.

Hoping this will make a positive impact in the world :)

2015 Started on Olanzapine 10 mg, 2016:18th January Down to 7.5 mg (from 9,38 mg) 1st of June 6.75 mg (began 10% taper!) [...] 1st December 3.65 mg

2017: 1st Jan. ~3.3 mg, 1st Feb 2.95 mg, 22nd Feb 2.65 mg (began 3-week taper) 15th Mar 2.38 mg, 5th Apr 2.14 mg, 26th Apr 1.94 mg  17th May ~1.74 mg (began 19-day taper) 5th June ~1.56 mg 24th June 1.4 mg (began 17-day taper) 11th July 1.26 mg 30th July 1.13 mg 24th Aug 1.0 mg(!)

17th Sept 15 mg 11st Oct 13.5 mg 26th Oct 11.75 mg 18th Nov 10 mg 15th Dec 9 mg

2018: 12nd Jan. 8.1 mg 15th Feb 7.5 mg 1st Apr 6.75 mg 1st Apr 6.08 mg 1st Jun 5.48 mg 1st Jul 5 mg 15th Aug 4.6 mg 15th Sep 4.4 mg 18th Nov 4.3 mg 16th Dec 4.2 mg

2019: 16th Jan 4.1 mg 28th Feb 4.0 mg [...] (began 0.1mg per 2.5 months taper!) 1st Oct 3.7 mg 15th Dec 3.6 mg

2020: 1st Mar 3.5 mg (began 0.1mg per 3 months taper!) 1st Jul 3.35 mg (<-- trying a larger drop) 4th Sep 3.25 mg (started 0.1125mg / 2 months) 10th Dec ~3.1125 mg

2021: 1st Feb 3.0 mg 26th May 2.9 mg 1st Sep 2.8 mg

2022: 1st Mar 2.7 mg 1st Aug 2.6 mg | 2023: 1st Jan 2.5 mg 1st Sep 2.4 mg
Other medications: Temazepam for sleep, don't want to use it (has too many side effects). Melatonin too, except that doesn't work for me with high doses of olanzapine.

Haven't used any sleeping medications for a long time. Temazepam caused withdrawal symptoms when I last tried it.

Done - it's great that some people are finally starting to sit up and take notice! From little acorns and all that. 

2002 - Prescribed fluoxetine 20mg for mild situational depression and anxiety. Over the years also briefly swapped about on citalopram, sertraline and venlafaxine during poop out. 2012 - Cold turkeyed fluoxetine. Within 3 months was suffering from aggression, anxiety, panic attacks and paranoia. GP put me back on tablets as I was 'relapsing'. I didn't know anything about WD then. Jul 15 - Wanted to quit fluoxetine again so tapered off (skipping doses) over 6 weeks under advice of GP. Aug 15 - Last fluoxetine dose end of August 2015. Dec 15 - Had my first real crash after discontinuing. Found this site. Aug-Dec 16 - Signed off work because of a herniated disc & severe sciatica. Prescribed diazepam (took for 6 days and got WD symptoms on stopping; nausea, morning cortisol spikes, anxiety, anger) and codeine which I was on for 4 mths. Can confirm - opiate WD is nasty but nowhere near as bad or prolonged as SSRI WD!
Withdrawal symptoms have included: extreme anger and irritability, lethargy, depression and weepiness, anxiety, stomach upsets, loss of appetite, excessive sweating, muscle and back pain, insomnia, cortisol surges, akathisia, inability to cope with stress.
Things that help: herbal tinctures (rose, lemon balm, chamomile and skullcap), seaweed baths & epsom salt baths, fish oil and magnesium.

Well done Sstansky, Mourad, Pinkfairy, Bokart and KH

Recovering paxil addict

Completed the survey

it took a few minutes, thats all, and it was a good thing to contribute to by way of recording this situation.

symptoms becoming more manageable past 3 days.

Bomo

prescribed Prothiaden in 1990 following diagnosis of post natal depression. Changed by g.p to Prozac few years later, used this for 3yrs, before stopping.  Following this, venlaflaxin. Had periods of counselling, this has been helpful.

took citalopram over 7 yrs. Been physically ill for the past 4yrs. Diagnosed recently with M.E/C.F.S.after mysterious bouts of flu like illness,  constant brain fog: fuddled, memory loss. Severe muscle pain, need to sleep at the drop of a hat, chronic fatigue. Also bouts of violent low mood.

started tapering end of July 2017. 10% each day, 30mg to 27mg currently. past attempts to reduce been very problematic,  30mg to 20mg etc.

use magnesium, fish oil, and dabble with paleo diet.

completed

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

• Moderator Emeritus

I've run into an issue on one of the questions . . . it asked if I was still taking the drugs and the response options were something like this . . .

Yes, don't plan on getting off

Yes, considering getting off

No, getting off

No, off

The correct answer for me would be "Yes, getting off" and it seems that would be true for anyone here tapering? Maybe I'm just too fuzzy headed right now and missed something, but I selected no, getting off but the follow up questions are:

Which class of drug(s) have you withdrawn from? Select as many as are applicable.

and . . .

How long ago did you stop taking the drug(s)?

These questions of course assume that I've completed the withdrawal / dc process. Hmmm?

My suggestions are not medical advice. They are my opinions based on my own experience, strength and hope.

You are in charge of your own medical / healing / recovery choices.

My success story |  My introduction thread

ZOLOFT FREE - COMPLETELY DRUG FREE 4/28/2019! - total time on 28+ years

BENZO FREE! 4/7/2018 - total time on 27+ years

REMERON FREE! 12/11/2016 - total time on 15 months

Caffeine & Nicotine Free 2014 / 2015 - smoked for 28 years

Alcohol Free 4/1/2014 - drank for 30 years

3 hours ago, elbee said:

I've run into an issue on one of the questions . . . it asked if I was still taking the drugs and the response options were something like this . . .

Yes, don't plan on getting off

Yes, considering getting off

No, getting off

No, off

The correct answer for me would be "Yes, getting off" and it seems that would be true for anyone here tapering? Maybe I'm just too fuzzy headed right now and missed something, but I selected no, getting off but the follow up questions are:

Which class of drug(s) have you withdrawn from? Select as many as are applicable.

and . . .

How long ago did you stop taking the drug(s)?

These questions of course assume that I've completed the withdrawal / dc process. Hmmm?

Yes, there are 2 options "yes, I have withdrawn from some" & "Yes, I have withdrawn from all", don't choose them, choose that you're considering withdrawing.. Don't worry - there will still be questions about withdrawal symptoms & if you have experienced them.

2015 Started on Olanzapine 10 mg, 2016:18th January Down to 7.5 mg (from 9,38 mg) 1st of June 6.75 mg (began 10% taper!) [...] 1st December 3.65 mg

2017: 1st Jan. ~3.3 mg, 1st Feb 2.95 mg, 22nd Feb 2.65 mg (began 3-week taper) 15th Mar 2.38 mg, 5th Apr 2.14 mg, 26th Apr 1.94 mg  17th May ~1.74 mg (began 19-day taper) 5th June ~1.56 mg 24th June 1.4 mg (began 17-day taper) 11th July 1.26 mg 30th July 1.13 mg 24th Aug 1.0 mg(!)

17th Sept 15 mg 11st Oct 13.5 mg 26th Oct 11.75 mg 18th Nov 10 mg 15th Dec 9 mg

2018: 12nd Jan. 8.1 mg 15th Feb 7.5 mg 1st Apr 6.75 mg 1st Apr 6.08 mg 1st Jun 5.48 mg 1st Jul 5 mg 15th Aug 4.6 mg 15th Sep 4.4 mg 18th Nov 4.3 mg 16th Dec 4.2 mg

2019: 16th Jan 4.1 mg 28th Feb 4.0 mg [...] (began 0.1mg per 2.5 months taper!) 1st Oct 3.7 mg 15th Dec 3.6 mg

2020: 1st Mar 3.5 mg (began 0.1mg per 3 months taper!) 1st Jul 3.35 mg (<-- trying a larger drop) 4th Sep 3.25 mg (started 0.1125mg / 2 months) 10th Dec ~3.1125 mg

2021: 1st Feb 3.0 mg 26th May 2.9 mg 1st Sep 2.8 mg

2022: 1st Mar 2.7 mg 1st Aug 2.6 mg | 2023: 1st Jan 2.5 mg 1st Sep 2.4 mg
Other medications: Temazepam for sleep, don't want to use it (has too many side effects). Melatonin too, except that doesn't work for me with high doses of olanzapine.

Haven't used any sleeping medications for a long time. Temazepam caused withdrawal symptoms when I last tried it.

Hi!

I just filled out this survey.  I hope it enables further support and research to be done in the area of psych meds and withdrawal. :D

Early 2000s: 4 years Paxil (CT).    Mid 2000s: 4 years Lexapro (CT).  6 years on Wellbutrin XL 150. 2012-2017.

Mar 26 2017. Began Wellbutrin XL 150 taper : Mar 31 2017. Wellbutrin IR 75mg : Apr 7 2017. Wellbutrin IR 65mg

Apr 25 2017. Wellbutrin IR 56mg : May 30 2017. Wellbutrin IR 37.5mg : Aug 14 2017. Wellbutrin IR 28.125mg : Sep 9 2017. Wellbutrin IR 26.5mg  Sep 13 2017. Wellbutrin IR 25.4mg : Sep 17 2017. Wellbutrin IR 24mg : Sep 20 2017. Wellbutrin IR 23.2mg : Sep 25 2017. Wellbutrin IR 22.4mg 

Oct 3 2017. Wellbutrin IR 21.6mg : Oct 9 2017. Wellbutrin IR 20.8mg : Oct 17 2017. Wellbutrin IR 20mg : Oct 25 2017. Wellbutrin IR 19.2mg

Oct 27 2017. Wellbutrin IR 18.4mg : Nov 2 2017. Wellbutrin IR 17.6mg : Nov 11 2017. Wellbutrin IR 15mg : Nov 16 2017. Wellbutrin IR 12mg

Nov 19 2017. Wellbutrin IR 9mg : Nov 23 2017. Wellbutrin IR 6mg : Nov 24 2017. Wellbutrin IR 4mg 

Nov 27 2017. 0mg.  Stopped Wellbutrin 

Great stuff bomo, dj, elbee and divegrl.

Elbee I found some qu also needed further explanation   I used the explanation boxes either before or after the qu to clarify.

eg I said , "In the next qu you ask  ......I would like to say  that......"

Good going people. 

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus
On 8/13/2017 at 7:50 PM, Shep said:

Thanks for posting this link, Marmite.

I have a friend who's active in advocacy for benzo withdrawal and she was in contact with the researchers Friday and they said so far, they have received 220 responses, 80 from the UK. And that was over two days. Hopefully, more will come in over the next week. 

Just an FYI that the survey will close soon:  

The survey opens at 9am on 10 August 2017 will close at 5pm on 24 August 2017 BST.

Another update on the count of people who've completed it:

The survey now has 1,000 responses, 250 of these  from the UK. 

Just a reminder:  The survey will close at 5pm on 24 August 2017 BST.

Thanks for posting that update Shep.

Great stuff.

Recovering paxil addict

I completed the survey. Fingers crossed it helps!

Prozac 30 mg for many years. Short two-week taper to 20 mg followed by 5 day washout period. (January 2017)

Lexapro 10 mg for 25 days. Stopped due to intolerable side-effects. (February 2017)

Two day washout period before reinstating Prozac at 40 mg. (February 2017)

End up in ER due to severe palpitations and dizziness. (March 2017)

Stabilization of Prozac dose at 20 mg. (April 2017)

Increase Prozac very gradually to 30 mg over 5 years. (January 2024)

Suffer adverse reaction to raising dose from 28 to 30 mg. (February 2024)

Prozac 25 mg (March 2024)

Prozac 20 mg (April 2024)

Current: Prozac 20 mg (Klonopin 0.25 mg prn when symptoms severe)

Supplements: SAMe, Vitamin B12, Magtein

I just did it.  The survey asked the right questions and it is my guess that the authors understand that withdrawal pains exist and that their is a need for more information and support.  It is the doctors and staff that need the education most.  

I realized how helpful this site and all of you have been!  I have a strong feeling of gratitude for everyone here.  

Edited by JenJen
add opinion on the survey

June 1995 Zoloft

August 1997 - to June 2017 various SSRIs

August 2000  -November 2000 - Stopped abruptly for pregnancy (returned to depressed state, serious withdrawal symptoms including raging anger, crying, loss of interest in life)

November 2000 returned to SSRI

2008 Added Cymbalta to SSRIs

June - September 2009 - stopped Cymbalta after discussing with p-doc.  Not told about tapering.  Nausea, dizziness, brain zaps, raging anger and depression for about 3 months

2011 switched to Lexapro, added Wellbutrin 

June 2017 began to taper off Lexapro doses of 10 mg,  reduced to 5 mg for 2 weeks and then 5 mg every other day - off by July 10 

July 2017 300 mg Wellbutrin, dealing with withdrawal from Lexapro

2013- September  2017 - Omeprazole - Learned my GERD was caused by Lexapro  - now happily off without rebound or any pain!

Completed the survey. I hope it helps make some changes.

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

Alpha,  jenjen and freespirit well done on getting the job done! 

Recovering paxil addict

I assume that its a given all moderators will be completing this survey.

Recovering paxil addict

Survey completed!  Happy to do my part in hopes it will make a difference :)

April 26th - 36.5>32.8mg Z.

Feb 4th - 40.5>36.5mg Zoloft.

Jan 5th - 45>40.5mg Zoloft.

Dec 6th - 50>45mg Zoloft.

Nov 1st - 53>50.0mg Zoloft. Sep 22/17 - 50.0>53.0mg Zoloft. Sep 18/17 - 59.0>50.0mg Zoloft.

Aug 7/17 - 65.6>59.0mg  July 18/17 - 72.9>65.6mg. June 18/17 - 81>72.9mg 

May 28/17 - 90>81mg.  May 8/17:  Started my taper. 100>90mg

1995 to May 8/17:  100mg Zoloft/day.  Working well but suspecting some signs of Tolerance this past year.

4/5/17:  Started Testosterone Replacement Therapy via T pellet insertion.  Diagnosed with Secondary Hypogonadism.

Supplements:  1000mg fish oil, 10,000iu Vit D3 with K2, 400mg Magnesium.

Done!

Mid 2014 - June 2016 (~ 2.5 yrs): sertraline 75mg. Under advice of my Pysch NP, weaned off in 1 month

Sept 2017 - Feb 2017 (6 months): Latuda (dose 20mg up to 80mg). Under advice of Psych NP, weaned off in 6 weeks (Jan - mid Feb). Tirtated down 20mg every 2 weeks.

Nov 2017 - Feb 2017 (3 months): lamictal 100mg. Abruptly taken off. This was the "wean": 100mg, 50mg, then off

Feb 2017: sertraline 150mg for 1 week to bring me out of a severe suicidal depression. Abruptly stopped due to serotonin syndrome. Tried to reinstate 50mg a week later, but the serotonin syndrome symptoms came back. Not possible to reinstate sertraline.

March 2017: remeron 7.5mg. Took one dose that knocked me out for two days. Refused to take it again

February 2017 - March 2017: Ativan 1mg. Took 5 pills total spread out over the course of 3 weeks. No longer taking it.

6/16/18 - 6/26: celexa 1.25mg

6/27/18 - 6/29: celexa 2.5mg, 6/29 had burning and agitation within 30min of dose

6/30/18 - present: celexa 1.25mg

Completed the survey - lets hope some good comes out of it.

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

• Moderator Emeritus
On 8/13/2017 at 7:50 PM, Shep said:

Thanks for posting this link, Marmite.

I have a friend who's active in advocacy for benzo withdrawal and she was in contact with the researchers Friday and they said so far, they have received 220 responses, 80 from the UK. And that was over two days. Hopefully, more will come in over the next week. 

Just an FYI that the survey will close soon:  

The survey opens at 9am on 10 August 2017 will close at 5pm on 24 August 2017 BST.

On 8/21/2017 at 7:10 PM, Shep said:

Another update on the count of people who've completed it:

The survey now has 1,000 responses, 250 of these  from the UK. 

Just a reminder:  The survey will close at 5pm on 24 August 2017 BST.

Continuing on with the updates, here is the latest:

The survey now has 1,400 responses, 300 from the UK and 660 from the US and there is now just under 24 hours left to respond. 

Excellent work! And hopefully more will come in over the next 24 hours. 

I can't get the survey to load on my computer.  Not being a computer whiz, I'm not sure what the problem is...

21 years of various psych meds.

Currently experiencing 'withdrawal syndrome' from 14 years of 0.5mg Klonopin: 1 q hs

Tapered over a year and a half dry cutting.

Hx of Imipramine (nightmare) (1992) Zoloft,(1992) Paxil (difficult to d/c)(2000) Effexor(2004-5) (also very difficult to d/c) Lamictal(2004-6), Neurontin(2004-6), Depakote(2006-2012), Remeron(2007) Various sleeping pills at different times...

UPDATE

Month 40 post Benzo taper

there have been windows, sometimes weeks of feeling 'almost normal' and the BLAM

windows and waves, indeed

Thanks for the update Shep. 

Theres a certain kiwi holidaying on the Gold Coast at the moment who promised me he would do it.....so some more to come for sure.

Come on guys lets get survey wise!!

Remember silence is not acceptance!

So have your say today without being intimidated, unacknowledged, spoken over, belittled, dismissed, power imbalanced on, voice raised against you on,  labelled...oh yeah I could I forget ...or referred!! 

nz11

Hey Nick I hope you do the survey or coming down the Raglan looing for you buddy...!! lol

Recovering paxil addict

Thanks for the email announcement.  I just completed it.  There is a possibility of it helping, so it was worth my time to fill it out!

Thanks!

5/5/16 Update.  1992 after years of self-medicating with alcohol, I joined AA and have continued my sobriety in AA.  

During 1995-2013,  I was prescribed Zoloft, Amitriptylin, Celexa, Lexapro,  and Clonazepam for anxiety & depression but stopped after 1-4 days from side effects that I was not willing to tolerate.

2014.  Trazodone (July-October) for insomnia (GP said to split 25 mg tablet because of my sensitivity after becoming very manic after taking whole tablet at once).  Stopped all at once because no benefits and when increased dose to get benefits became too manic.  After stopped, no apparent withdrawal symptoms but became less manic and less anxious; I should have stopped sooner.

Medication sensitivity & very low medication dose may be related to my being "elderly" (68 years old), but I have had increasing food and medication sensitivities since the early 1990s.  Irritable Bowel Syndrome since 1980s.

Supplements: Vitamin B-Complex, Vitamins C & D, Magnesium.   Current prescriptions: 1)  Synthroid for hypothyroidism (started 1978).

2)  Lamotrigine for mood stabilization & bipolar (started 8/6/2014 with 25 mg/day; increased dose to 37.5 mg/day for 12 days to control mania but other side effects forced reducing back to 25 mg and severe withdrawal symptoms after 2 days of reducing dose; in 2015 had withdrawal symptoms 1 day after trying to reduce to 12.5 mg/day).

3)  Seroquel XR 50 mg (extended release) for mania & anxiety (started 50 mg/day in evening on 6/3/15 &  mania and depression reduced but not anxiety.  Tried generic immediate release 25 mg to add to or to replace XR but new side effects were intolerable so using immediate release to taper off XR not possible.   On 4/19/16, I started tapering off by splitting XR and taking 1/4 capsule in late morning and 1/2 in evening.  

• Moderator Emeritus
On 20/08/2017 at 4:53 PM, pinkfairy said:

Just a thought here...all those people on benzo buddies could some one send the link over to that site?

my brain is mush,sorry if am not making much sense!!

baylissa as posted it on her face book..An the benzo recovery groups are all signing it too...

The link is at the top of the page over at BB, just as it is here. :)

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Moderator Emeritus
On 23/08/2017 at 4:51 AM, nz11 said:

I assume that its a given all moderators will be completing this survey.

Of course, and shared with everyone and anyone on farcebook (got that name from Dan ;)

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Moderator Emeritus

8 more hours before it closes.

14 days is really a short time to mobilise people...

I wish they would extend the deadline and advertise it more broadly.

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

• Moderator Emeritus
1 minute ago, bubble said:

8 more hours before it closes.

14 days is really a short time to mobilise people...

I wish they would extend the deadline and advertise it more broadly.

Me too Bubble, it is no time at all, I just hope they use that fact to emphasise how huge the problem is. That they had so many responses in such a short time it must be a huge problem.

2002  effexor. 

I did my utmost in the survey to explain that even though the numbers of responses may not be huge, there are millions  affected by use and withdrawal of these drugs who have not even come across the survey and so their voices have not been heard. Just wanted to bring attention to the magnitude of this situation. 

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. 47 different drugs. Over 57 thousand pills. Tapered off final cocktail February 1st, 2013- September 9th, 2019. For Hashimotos I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. BP meds. For supplements I take B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.

Did my share. 

08 Cipralex 10mg for about 6 months. 11-12 Cipralex 20mg. Unsuccesful WD. 12-13 Zoloft 100mg with Diazepam 10-20mg as needed for anxiety.
Fall 13 Tapering Zoloft 100->50->25->12,5->0 in 2,5 months and CT Diazepam. 12/24/13 RI Zoloft 12,5mg

1/21/14 11mg

3/18/14 9,9mg

2/18/14 8mg

4/22/14 7,6mg

5/5/14 7,2mg

5/12/14 -> cutting 0,5mg per week, holding when necessary.

8/18/14 -> cutting 0,25mg per week holding when necessary.

10/20/2014 -> cutting 0,1mg per week, holding when necessary.
12/28/2014 Jump!

• Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately the survey is now closed.  

Due to the unexpected response the survey has been extended until 28 August.   :D  

A huge thank you to everyone who has taken part and filled it in. Also thank you to NZ11 who has been tirelessly working to get as many people as possible to join in this important study. Hopefully there will be many more in the not too distant future. 

Edited by mammaP

2002  effexor.