SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

JohnnyDForA: The road through hell becomes the road into heaven!

JohnnyDForA

Hello,

Just wanted to say that the hellish road through severe protracted withdrawal can be overcome! Out of the outmost darkness comes light back into my life once again after so much suffering and pain!! I'm living proof it can be overcome. Only the strong can survive this hell! Takes willpower beyond definition!! One is not merely going through just the depths of depression and anxiety but a whole different animal takes form while the brain and nervous system begins its long, painful recovery from these evil drugs! The lucky ones only have this hell for a few weeks to a few months. For others, it can take years (3 or more). Such has been the case with myself. One never thinks it will end but it does! I'm around 85% healed now.

It has taken me 3 years and 3 months now to experience the "brain zaps and shivers" which I had expected to have only weeks or months after stopping my meds (having taken them for 8 years straight). I think it says a lot that I would of had a much easier, much shorter, withdrawal experience had I abused alcohol and illegal street drugs for years instead of having severe protracted withdrawal from SSRI'S!!! . Suffice to say, I am now in the midst of a rebirth. The road home and into paradise has been revealed to me after going through all of this; finally being at the end of the road through hell! I am to travel to a far, exotic land in the many months to come. From this, I shall experience a true awakening, rebirth after so much pain and agony. There was a reason for going through what I went through.

• ChessieCat changed the title to JohnnyDForA: The road through hell becomes the road into heaven!
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Johnny, welcome to SA. Thank you for sharing your recovery with us. Can you tell us about the drugs you were taking and how your recovery has been. 

It will give others hope that they too can recover from protracted withdrawal.  

Did you experience gradual recovery? 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

wow very nice! that's wonderful to hear!!

2005-2006: Cipralex 5 mg

2009-2010: Cipralex 5 mg

2012-2015: Cipralex 5mg, 10mg 

tapered 10mg-7.5mg-5mg-2,5-0 (I always waited for a few weeks on the current dosage until I felt stable. Steps were too big I realized too late)

Completely drug free since August 2015