renee - tapering cipralex

renee

after a week of going down to 20mg of prozac from 30mg,found it nessary to go back up to 30mg.I believe I started having some cipralex withdrawel,after 3 weeks down without it>I waas having headaches, a bit dizzy feeling very mild brain zaps.So im going to hold at 30mg of prozac for a while as my brain adabts to no more 10mg of cipralex.I thought 10mg of cipralex would be equal to 20mg of prozac,but my brain doesnt agree.It feels like 30mg of prozac is more equal to 10mg of cipralex.Does anyone know the camparison??I know cipralex is stronger then most other anti-depreesants.Ive gained alot of weight on cipralex 30lbs in the last year and so want to get off all anti-depressants,but I have to do it slowly.I am on a low carb diet again and have lost a few pounds,just hope the prozac doesnt interfer to much.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• renee

• Altostrata

• Nadia

• Barbarannamated

Top Posters In This Topic

According to http://www.globalrph.com/antidepressants.htm 5mg cipralex is 20mg Prozac. So 10mg Cipralex = 40mg Prozac, right?

2003-2011: Paroxetine,Citalopram,Effexor; Aug/Sept 2011: Effexor to Mirtazapine; Oct 2011: C/T Mirtazapine back to Effexor; Nov/Dec 2011: Fast Tapered Effexor - w/d hell; Feb 2012: Reinstated Effexor 37.5mg; June 2012: Dropped to 35.6mg; Jan 2016: Propranolol 2.5mg per day for general anxiety; Feb 2016: Finasteride 0.25mg per week to slow hair loss; 18th May - 8th June 2019: Started Vyvanse 7.5mg and increased by 7.5mg weekly to 30mg (lowest “therapeutic” dose for adults).; 21st June 2019 - 12th July: Cross tapered from venlafaxine brand Rodomel to Efexor (1/4 > 1/2 > 3/4 weekly before ditching Rodomel); 13th July 2019: Cut Vyvanse dose to 15mg; 15th July 2019: Akathisia returned after years of being free; 16th July 2019: Went back up to Vyvanse 30mg

Supplements: Omega-3, Vitamin D, Zinc, Phosphatidylserine 

thank-u silver star!!No wonder ive felt withdrawl,its like I have being taking 5mg of cipralex!!I mite updoes to 40mg to get the same effect as 10mg of cipralex,then taper later.My brain has been used to 10mg of cipralex for 6 months and 5 years before that 20mg mg cipralex.Any thoughts??

• Administrator

jr, I can't see any equivalencies at that link.

As far as I know, equivalencies among antidepressants are approximate. However, milligram for milligram, escilatopram is somewhat stronger than citalopram or paroxetine.

renee, 30mg Prozac might be fine to compensate for dropping 10mg Cipralex. Listen to your body. Don't go any higher with Prozac unless you need to.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

i saw the equalent comparions on that link its down a little bit,But I agree im going to just stay at 30mg prozac.I have a persciption for 10mgs and 20mg for each month for 30mg total and i will just stay with that,I see how I feel.