Littlegrandma

7 minutes ago, Offforgood said:

Hi lg sorry to hear you are still going through this painful process that we are all struggling through.. just wanted to let you know that I have been going through that up and down process which seem to be every other day.. on those down days I desperately want to give up and at least hide but more wanting to curse life for making me go through this when I feel like I have treated people around me with fairness and kindness and with my family with self destructive over generosity.. I feel like at my age getting close to 70 I DESERVE to get some breaks and have a happier carefree life and not bouncing off the walls and fearing what will come next in life.  I admit I spend a lot of time feeling sorry for myself... But I guess this is the hand life has dealt us.. I hope there is a heaven because I DESERVE to be there! Lol

It doesn’t seem very fair, does it? I asked my husband last night what I had done that was so bad to deserve this. I really hate to complain because I’ve seen close friends and family suffer through chemo and cancer knowing there was little hope of recovery. They were tougher than me. 

But this is insidious, these drugs. Taken so innocently. The package of side effects is just so awful. This is our hell, for sure. But I’d sure like a few, well, quite a few, good years on this earth to enjoy my family. To play with my grandkids while they still think I’m fun. 

How can we not feel sorry for ourselves? This is inhumane! I cry a lot. I mourn for my old life. I’ve said it before.... when I beat these drugs, I will never take life for granted again. 

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Littlegrandma

• Scorpio

• Frogie

• Downbutnotout

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

It doesn’t seem very fair, does it? I asked my husband last night what I had done that was so bad to deserve this. I really hate to complain because I’ve seen close friends and family suffer through chemo and cancer knowing there was little hope of recovery. They were tougher than me. 

But this is insidious, these drugs. Taken so innocently. The package of side effects is just so awful. This is our hell, for sure. But I’d sure like a few, well, quite a few, good years on this earth to enjoy my family. To play with my grandkids while they still think I’m fun. 

How can we not feel sorry for ourselves? This is inhumane! I cry a lot. I mourn for my old life. I’ve said it before.... when I beat these drugs, I will never take life for granted again. 

hi lg your reply brought tears to my eyes since it expressed exactly how I have been feeling.. it is funny you mentioned grandkids because it was a visit to them that made me decide to stop taking antidepressants.. I felt nothing be ok ng with them just numb and I had a lucid moment and called my psych dr and told him I would rather be depressed than walk around like a zombie .. I desperately want to enjoy my grandchildren but I still feel either zombie like or full of rage and resentment as to what these 28 yrs of antidepressants of every kind has done to me... I kept searching for that magic pill to make me happy and content when maybe I was just not dealing with past childhood trauma which I m finally dealing with in therapy without meds.. therapy seems not as bad as the withdrawal symptoms from the drugs which I m finishing up my 9th month off after tapering too fast on three antidepressants.. Zoloft, zyprexa and venlaflaxine .. all at max or over the max doses I later learned... 

I try not to get too angry at myself that  I trusted and believed my psych that I had to be on antidepressants for the rest of my life... But it is hard not to... 

Zoloft . On 10-15 years started 100 mg last dose 200mg tapered to zero in one month.. psych dr advise Last dose:  50mg Zoloft in February 2017

5mg  Olanzipine - 1 -2 yrs last dose 5 mg in Jan 2017 told to stop within a weEk

NOTE:  had very bad withdrawal symptoms with discontinuation of Zoloft and Olanzipine.. very very seriously suicidal... 

450mg Effexor XR - started at 75mg a couple of years ago, increasing every few months until I got to 450mg

beginning in February to July 22 - 450, 300, 150, 75, 37.5 , 16.5 mg

12 minutes ago, Offforgood said:

hi lg your reply brought tears to my eyes since it expressed exactly how I have been feeling.. it is funny you mentioned grandkids because it was a visit to them that made me decide to stop taking antidepressants.. I felt nothing be ok ng with them just numb and I had a lucid moment and called my psych dr and told him I would rather be depressed than walk around like a zombie .. I desperately want to enjoy my grandchildren but I still feel either zombie like or full of rage and resentment as to what these 28 yrs of antidepressants of every kind has done to me... I kept searching for that magic pill to make me happy and content when maybe I was just not dealing with past childhood trauma which I m finally dealing with in therapy without meds.. therapy seems not as bad as the withdrawal symptoms from the drugs which I m finishing up my 9th month off after tapering too fast on three antidepressants.. Zoloft, zyprexa and venlaflaxine .. all at max or over the max doses I later learned... 

I try not to get too angry at myself that  I trusted and believed my psych that I had to be on antidepressants for the rest of my life... But it is hard not to... 

I can’t help but be mad at the dr and myself for ever putting poison lexapro in my mouth. A doctor that didn’t even know me. If she would have questioned my diet and lifestyle, she could have given me better options to get control of anxiety. Just the amount of sugar and caffeine alone I was taking was enough to cause anxiety for 10 people. 

When i I came to this realization, it was too late. I was also tired of being apathetic, a zombie. I decided to start a good diet, up my exercise and get healthy. I prepared for my taper, never dreaming it could be this horrific. But I messed up early in taper and can’t go back now. And a bigger regret is starting Ativan after my taper already began. I dwell on this. 

We we will have quality time with our grandkids. I wish it was now. Im so scared!

good news is, you are off the meds. Things could turn around for you any day now. I’ve got such a long way to go. I am sick of this and terrified. 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

Lg,

You and most of the people on this forum wish we had never put ADs into our mouths that first time, and thereafter!

As for reaching 0mg? Well, its not going to be plain sailing.....I just hope the WD symptoms aren't too cruel this time round.

Love and hugs,

JC xx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

it seems UTI’s are pretty common around here. Diagnosed with Ecoli bladder infection. Taking amoxicillin for 10 days. The AB is wreaking havoc. Headache, nausea, and diarrhea. All of which I had already, but much worse. 

My real dilemma is an ultrasound showed polyps on my gallbladder. Doctor wants me to see a surgeon and have it removed. I’m getting a second opinion with my GI next month. I have been having pain in that area for quite sometime. My liver seems ok. 

I am am wondering if anybody has had any surgery during WD? I can’t imagine what anesthetic and other drugs would do to my system at this time. 

The chance of the polyps being malignant is pretty small. But I hate to put off surgery and find myself in the 5% group. After all, the chance of having long term wd symptoms is pretty rare. And I ended up in that small percentage group with you fine, unfortunate people. 

Living the dream!!  Lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

2 hours ago, Littlegrandma said:

Hi

it seems UTI’s are pretty common around here. Diagnosed with Ecoli bladder infection. Taking amoxicillin for 10 days. The AB is wreaking havoc. Headache, nausea, and diarrhea. All of which I had already, but much worse. 

My real dilemma is an ultrasound showed polyps on my gallbladder. Doctor wants me to see a surgeon and have it removed. I’m getting a second opinion with my GI next month. I have been having pain in that area for quite sometime. My liver seems ok. 

I am am wondering if anybody has had any surgery during WD? I can’t imagine what anesthetic and other drugs would do to my system at this time. 

The chance of the polyps being malignant is pretty small. But I hate to put off surgery and find myself in the 5% group. After all, the chance of having long term wd symptoms is pretty rare. And I ended up in that small percentage group with you fine, unfortunate people. 

Living the dream!!  Lg

Oh LG....I am so very sorry you are going through so much.  Maybe do a search as I feel like there is a thread somewhere on surgery in withdrawal and what anesthetic is recommended, how to talk to the anesthesiologist, etc.  This is all so unfair.  You are in my thoughts.  Big hugs - WR.

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg; 4/20/24: 1.09 mg

10 minutes ago, wantrelief said:

Oh LG....I am so very sorry you are going through so much.  Maybe do a search as I feel like there is a thread somewhere on surgery in withdrawal and what anesthetic is recommended, how to talk to the anesthesiologist, etc.  This is all so unfair.  You are in my thoughts.  Big hugs - WR.

Thanks WR

i actually just found some old posts on this very subject. Should have started there. But then I wouldn’t have talked to you. I miss you. I haven’t much felt like talking or really had the time. But I think of you often. I read posts occasionally but am having trouble finding my voice. 

I hope you’re ok. 

Big hugs back. Lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

2 hours ago, Littlegrandma said:

Thanks WR

i actually just found some old posts on this very subject. Should have started there. But then I wouldn’t have talked to you. I miss you. I haven’t much felt like talking or really had the time. But I think of you often. I read posts occasionally but am having trouble finding my voice. 

I hope you’re ok. 

Big hugs back. Lg

Oh good, you found the posts.....I hope they were helpful.  I miss you too.  That said, I completely understand not feeling like talking.  Sometimes it just takes all of our energy to get through the day.  Keep us posted what happens with the surgery.  I will be thinking about you. I wish I could give you a big hug in person, LG.

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg; 4/20/24: 1.09 mg

HI LG

I am waiting to have my gallbladder removed due to it being full of gallstones! I, like you, am a bit concerned of what an anaesthetic will do in WD. I am seeing the anaesthetist soon and will have a word. If I get any info I will let you know.

Love from Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

13 minutes ago, Flowers said:

HI LG

I am waiting to have my gallbladder removed due to it being full of gallstones! I, like you, am a bit concerned of what an anaesthetic will do in WD. I am seeing the anaesthetist soon and will have a word. If I get any info I will let you know.

Love from Flowers xxx

Thank you Flowers 

I’m sorry you’re in this situation too. I don’t think my system can handle any more right now. 

When it rains, it pours!

thank you for passing any info on to me. 

I hope youre doing ok otherwise. This is so stressful

love, lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

No problem LG. Alto posted about Propofol being well tolerated by most people.  

We don't need this extra stress do we?!  

Take care of yourself.

Love from Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

No we don’t!

im about at the end of my rope, Flowers. 

We we will get through it! We’re tough old birds.....even if I do cry a lot. 

I guess it’s a game of endurance. And I want to win in the end!!

xx lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

• Moderator Emeritus
On 9/9/2017 at 9:52 AM, Littlegrandma said:

I need some advice please. It's only been 8 days since I dropped lexapro dose from 10 mg to 5. But after I updosed a few times back to 10 mg a few months ago, I was desperate to get rid of the trembling and high heart rate. 

I was taken from 10 to 9 to 7.5 and finally to 5 mg under supervision of Mayo doctors. 

Well, the trembling is back and my BPM is pretty consistent at 110. 

I know I've messed up and added other meds into the mix, but it's too late to change that now. 

I guess my question is, do you think the wd symptoms will settle down shortly since I've not tapered off completely? 

I think I'm probably stuck waiting it out. 

I also have the flu symptoms and constant migraine. 

I guess I'm just looking for reassurance that this will settle in time. Any advice or support is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Hi little grandma, 

Im sorry you’ve got such bad symptoms at the moment. I’m too zonked to read your thread at the moment but going from 7.5mg to 5mg is quite a drop. I know my body couldn’t handle that. 

Just letting you know I’m thinking of you and will get back to you when my brain resurfaces.

Sending hugs🤗

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

4 hours ago, Carmie said:

Hi little grandma, 

Im sorry you’ve got such bad symptoms at the moment. I’m too zonked to read your thread at the moment but going from 7.5mg to 5mg is quite a drop. I know my body couldn’t handle that. 

Just letting you know I’m thinking of you and will get back to you when my brain resurfaces.

Sending hugs🤗

Thank you Carmie 

so nice of you to reach out to me. 

I’m currently at 4.3 mg lex for over 2 mo now. I started a micro taper of lunesta a few weeks ago. Not sure if that’s wreaking havoc on me or the antibiotic I’ve been taking for a week now for a UTI. 

Its been really rough. 

Nice to hear from you. I hope your brain resurfaces soon. I hope it has mine in tow. 

Hugs xx

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

• Moderator Emeritus
On 4/18/2018 at 3:46 AM, Littlegrandma said:

Hi littlegrandma, 

hope you are coping as best you can. You are right, this is insidious. It’s like we’re stuck in limbo and the meds have power over us, but we have no choice. There’s nothing we can do. We can’t just cold turkey the meds or we will be in an even worse place. Even people who have cold turkeyed eventually recover but it breaks my heart to read these stories.

Even when we taper the tiniest doses we go through withdrawals. It’s tough but all we can do is take each moment as it comes.

Do you have some distractions?

Im thinking of other things I can incorporate into my toolbox of survival.

Yes, like you said when we beat these drugs we certainly won’t take our lives for granted. It will happen one day even if it’s in the distance future and we have to keep that beacon of hope.

Sending hugs💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I need a med cutting/ weighing guru please. 

I have been tapering lunesta. It’s one of those drugs that has no line. Was told by a couple pharmacists that the medication is not evenly disbursed. That it can’t be cut. Was told by a third that it is evenly disbursed. 

We ( my husband) have tried grinding, crushing with a mortal and pestle. Too much drug seems to be lost in the process. Have settled on weighing each pill individually and whittling the reduced dose off nightly. 

Not it sure if this is the correct way to do this. Each pill is a different weight. Are we taking more filler off some nights and more of the drug the next?  It has a pink coating. He tries to take the exact amount of coating off each night to get to the white powder. It cannot be accurate and may be altering my dose on a nightly basis. 

Im only down 5 1/2% so far in 7 wks with terrible side effects. 

If anybody has had experience cutting lunesta, can you please share your strategies with me. 

Thank you

lg

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

25 mg toprol

• Administrator

Littlegrandma, it seems you have a variety of health problems most likely not related to psychiatric drug withdrawal. As we don't have the expertise to advise you on those health problems, please join Web sites and Facebook groups for those particular conditions, such as gallbladder polyps.

Those health conditions and the drugs you might take for them, such as amoxicillin, may cause symptoms you mistake for being related to psychiatric drug dosing and reduction. Because of this, we may not be able to identify withdrawal symptoms as you reduce your drugs. As we go by symptoms, makes counseling you about  tapering very difficult. We don't want you blaming us for symptoms that might or might not have anything to do with tapering.

It might be a good idea to stop making changes in your psychiatric drugs while get your medical conditions sorted out. At any rate, you must take full responsibility for any psychiatric drug adjustments you make and not blame us for your symptoms.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.