SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Angelles66

Angelles66

Hi i have suffered from anxiety off and on am 51 years old but usually have gotten through life alright had a bad episode last year stressed out and blacked out for about 15 minutes accidentally opened a car door i thought was mine anyway the owner called the cops and i was hospitalized for no reason was put ontu halidol and lithium for three months fought  to get off it as i did nothing wrong they let me off it but still suffer from headpains and dizziness 20 months later life has been tough as i just want to get back to life and work wonder if anybody suffered similarly and if theres a way out of this thank you 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Angelles, wecome to SA. I am saddened to see that you were forcibly treated and suffering the consequences after all this time.  There are many others here in the same boat along with you. We have lots of topics on self care while you are healing, and people to support you.  

We find that many people are helped by fish oil and magnesium. Fish oil helps my brain fog and dizzy spells. Magnesium is very calming. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/?view=findpost&p=100596&hl=magnesium

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1300-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

This topic explains withdrawal syndrome

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/603-what-is-withdrawal-syndrome/

About brain healing

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1160-brain-remodeling/

We ask all our members to fill in their signature, you can find instructions here. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/12364-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

Have a look around and read some experiences,  this is your thread to update with your progress and ask any questions. 

You will find us a friendly group who understand what you are going through when the rest of the world hasn't a clue!

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Hello....

am so very truly saddened this happened to you!you have come to the right place ❤️

Lovely to to meet you.

i know it's a tough journey to go through,but your not alone any-more...just keep thinking every day you are healing,even though it may not feel like it.

Were all like little birds at the moment with broken wings,but each person on here will hold each other up,until we can fly again...until then look after your self well an just know your in a great little environment here at SA with lovely people ❤️

Pink x

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

Thanks so much for your reply going to detox place on monday as i still have dizziness and pains hopefully works been too long as it is doing sauna everyday as i got told it stays in your fatty cells is that true just want to get to work love life so much 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi again Angelles. Recovery from the iatrogenic harm caused by the drugs will not be helped by detox. Only time and self care can heal your nervous system. Most people in withdrawal can't tolerate saunas and they could be making you feel worse, what we feel should help often causes more problems.  Lots of people try detox and loads of supplements that cost a fortune and all they do is aggravate things and produce very expensive urine. I completely understand why you are wanting to try detox, I tried lots of things over the years and spent more money than I could afford on usless supplements and tests. You are not feeling bad because there is any trace os the drug still left in your body, it is because the drugs made changes in your brain and you had a reaction to them. This destabilised your nervous system and messed up your brain chemistry. Time heals this damage, and trying to push it just aggravates things. You need to calm your nervous system. by taking care of yourself. Avoid unnecessary stress, eat good fresh food wherever possible. Have a good sleep routine. Gentle exercise in the fresh air, parks beach or even better in woodland.  Fish oil and magnesium are excellent for dizziness and magnesium is calming. Epsom salt baths are great. Whatever you try start with small amounts to see if you can tolerate it. One thing at a time. 

Read this explanation about how adverse reactions and withdrawal affect the brain and nervous system.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1160-brain-remodeling/

I honestly would save my money instead of spending it on very expensive treatments. Use it to take a trip somewhere beautiful and relaxing!

This topic is about saunas and peoples reactions in withdrawal. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/7400-sauna/#comment-18042

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Thanks so much yes just want life have got a beautiful lady and just want to get to work and life but ur right its time thats the only answer how are u doing are u out of it so hard just pray it goes overnight always pains head and stomach and etc all because of change of those drugs hope ur well love life and need it 

On 21/08/2017 at 6:24 AM, pinkfairy said:

Hello....

am so very truly saddened this happened to you!you have come to the right place ❤️

Lovely to to meet you.

i know it's a tough journey to go through,but your not alone any-more...just keep thinking every day you are healing,even though it may not feel like it.

Were all like little birds at the moment with broken wings,but each person on here will hold each other up,until we can fly again...until then look after your self well an just know your in a great little environment here at SA with lovely people ❤️

Pink x

Thanks so much for your kind words hope ur doing well yes life so tough but a lot better than first couldent even get out of bed for about a year at least now slowly doing things just in headpain and nausea but pray will get there just want to work and have a beautiful lady so im blessed thank you for your kind words 

Edited by ChessieCat
copied post to go with quote

Just wandering les again here supposed to go to a healing place in melbourne they deal more with eastern medicine and say they can help but spending so much money still dizzy and nauseas everyday has been 20 months now see slowly windows of improvement but goes backwards and forwards anyone got an idea how long the healing process may take just want to work and love life normally 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just me again wondering if this will ever heal trying everything playing tennis daily running and walking chi quong meditation eating healthiely vitamins everything thats humanly possible but always dizzi and nauseas just wonder if this will ever end anyone got any timeframes on how long or when this will dissapear please help xo 

• Moderator Emeritus
20 minutes ago, Angelles66 said:

anyone got any timeframes on how long or when this will dissapear

Unfortunately this is an unanswerable question.  Nobody can answer it.  It is important to learn to accept that it is what it is at this time and then you will be less stressed by it.  Being stressed diverts the brain focus away from healing because it has to deal with the stress.

Acceptance

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 2 months later...

Good afternoon les again it is nearly end of november and have been of lithium and halidol now for 2 years nearly things are improving im eating a healthy diet doing continous excercise for about one hour and a half chi qoung for half an hour a dayand medition. I am back looking for work which is awesome starting to enjoy music and my usual hobies like tennis movies and etc things do heal but they take a long time but with each day i can tell its getting better to all the guys out there keep pursuing you will get there the only thing now is a bit of dizziness and some headbuzz lol but it goes during the day i can tell its finally healing thank god and having faith in him helps as well as prayer keep going guys all my blessings