Alllen Frances why dont you take a look in the mirror

nz11

While author and psychiatrist Frances doesn't think Trump is mentally ill, he agrees with those who think he's dangerous. Plus, as his book title suggests, he thinks the problem lies more with the voters. 

"Trump isn’t crazy — but we are for electing him and not taking seriously the existential threats his policies pose to the health of the people in America, the future and the safety of the world," Frances says.

Frances why don't you stop and take a look in the mirror. You are full of bovine excrement.

The person who is an enormous danger and a threat to the future safety and health of the world and your own nation  is YOU, you disingenuous  pharma puppet.

One of the most dangerous things that has happened in your nation is the release of Risperdal onto the market thanks to your lies and ties with pharma and a payment of $427,659 to you and your two partners in crime for ensuring that EKS was "ready to move forward in a strategic partnership with Janssen" and help Janssen "influence state governments and providers" to adopt your recommendations in the guidelines written by you ...that Risperdal be used as a first line treatment. refer the Rothman report in which you "subverted scientific integrity" and your expert consensus guidelines were "at its core a marketing venture for Risperdal" .

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• 1 month later...

Just received a pm from a wonderful dear member advising that  they disagree with me on saying that AF is as bad as DT.

I do agree that DTs lack of empathy and sympathy is sad.

However a lack of empathy is one thing but a pathological lack of integrity and an obscene disregard for the enormous harm done to others (under the name of healthcare) due to actions taken motivated by the desire to gain a few more bottle tops in the bank account is far far worse.

I disagree with the statement that AF is as bad as DT too, because ... in my opinion AF is much worse. 

nz11

What do you think is  worse:

To tweet,  Let them eat cake , 

or to say, let them eat a cocktail of risperdal, paxil, zyprexa and valium ...and then enforce this- first -line- of- treatment compliance.

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

I think they are both repulsive, NZ. I came across Dr. Philip Hickey's blog awhile back and thought you might enjoy it, especially these articles:

Allen Frances ‘Replies’

Allen Frances:  Still Blaming Everyone But Himself

Allen Frances Saving Psychiatry From Itself?

Allen Frances on Anti-Psychiatry

Allen Frances Names and Shames the Power Players, but Not Himself

I like the way Hickey takes Allen's own words and throws it right back out there, exposing it for the crap that it really is. From that last article:

Within this general framework, Dr. Frances touches on various psychiatry-absolving themes that will be familiar to those of us on this side of the debate.  These include:

• Primary care doctors prescribe 80% of all psychiatric drugs.

This is probably true, but it ignores the fact that not a single one of these prescriptions could have been written without psychiatry’s fraudulent “diagnoses”.

• Patients want a quick medication fix for the problems of everyday life.

Again, this is probably true of some of psychiatry’s “patients”, but doesn’t alter the fact that psychiatry routinely pushes drugs as legitimate “treatment” for non-medical problems, and that many of the victims of this drug-pushing become addicted to psychiatric products.

• Many people with “mental illnesses” get sent to prison for nuisance crimes which would not have occurred had they received appropriate treatment.

Actually, a great many people who had been assigned psychiatric “diagnoses” were receiving psychiatric “treatment” at the time they committed their crimes.  And there is a good deal of prima facie evidence linking psychiatric drugs, not just to “nuisance” crimes, but also to mass murders.

Honestly I think psychiatrists saying Trump is mentally ill is an abuse of the power psychiatrists have been afforded. Thus, it makes absolutely zero sense from a diagnostic perspective. The argument could be made, though, that any use of the power psychiatrists have been afforded is wrong. Thus it makes no sense in any case, but it makes especially little sense in this case because Trump is not actually one of these psychiatrists' patients, and moreover, these psychiatrists would not even have the right to disclose private health information about Donald Trump, if he were mentally ill, anyway because it's private health information and it is treated as such under the law.

Psych drug history beginning in 8/2017: mirtazapine 45 mg (changed to 30 mg in 9/2019); venlafaxine extended-release 487.5 mg (lowered to 300 mg in fall of 2018 and raised back up to 450 mg in 8/2019); olanzapine 5 mg (raised to 10 mg in fall of 2017, raised to 15 mg in 8/2019, lowered to 7.5 mg in 8/2019, now back up to 10 mg in 9/2019; aripiprazole 30 mg (lowered to 22.5 mg in 7/2019, now raised back to 30 mg); alprazolam 0.5 mg 3x per day (not taken consistently for the past two years but 0.5 mg 3x per day is current).

Beyond that, (before 8/2017) I was on risperidone, nortriptyline, ziprasidone, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Prozac, Vyvanse, clonazepam, Ativan, among others.

Wow Shep thanks for posting those.

I havent read them yet but i sure like the titles and i sure am liking that Hickey quote.

Recovering paxil addict

On 10/22/2017 at 3:03 AM, mmcdonald21 said:

I think psychiatrists saying Trump is mentally ill is an abuse of the power psychiatrists have been afforded.

I agree.

Recovering paxil addict

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy