street129: hi

street129

@brassmonkey

HI  brassmonkey Good evening Sir, I'm hoping all is well with you.

my daughter is going through a rough time right now and it seem things just not going  how things should be, I have a lot on my plate

with her getting pregnant when she's encountering obstacles, her Dr saw a 20mm cyst. on the sonogram.so she disappointed, and I'm sad, so much is taking place right now it's not a good time for us.  get to taper and continue making my pills are in order, headache is killing me.

I'm reaching  within my trazadone that Im running out of the ones that I had for a good long time.

Do you have any links or  any places that I can order them.   I do get a subscription monthly, also I was told on here that my trazadone has to be by the same manufacture which is TEVA,, any help will be appreciated. 

I crush a bunch today,  which I'm low on, and I would appreciate the 7 and 8 reductions of rounds. 

I also noticed the less mg i make the easier to distribute in the empty pills,

thanks for all your help,

JOINED THIS BOARD AUGUST 27, 2017

250mg trazodone

250mg   Aug 21, 2017  tapering before I found SA

200mg -  Aug 21, 2017 to Aug 25, 2017 tapering before found SA

225mg -  Aug 26, 2017  updose holding

November 26, 2017. I reinstated my original dose of 250mg  trazodone..planning on holding for a very long time. No more withdrawal

June 14, 2020  at 10% 507  My first start of my trazodone 250mg  taper

6/16/20  90 mgai    7/26/20   81 mgai    9/6/20  72 mg ai 10/17/20- updose to 77 mgai  11/11/20- updose to 81 mgai  

Here are the numbers for your seventh and eighth rounds

For your seventh round of reductions it would go like this:

Week one: 420 X  .9875 = 415

Week two: 420 X .975 = 410

Week three: 420 X .962 = 404

Weeks four thru six 420 X .95 = 399

For your sixth round of reductions it would go like this:

Week one: 399 X .9875 = 394

Week two 399 X .975 = 389

Week three 399 X .962 = 384

Weeks four thru six 399 X .95 = 379

I know there are places on line to order the drug from, but I don't have any links.  Some of the other members have done this and might be able to help.

It is best to stay with the same manufacturer if possible.  If not then a cross taper between the two brands is called for to make a smooth transition.  This takes several weeks as you take less of the old brand and more of the new each week.  Do a site search on "cross taper" and you should find a lot of information.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

@brassmonkey

thank you brassmonkey for the rounds toward making my powder.

i will use what i have, its getting scary cause im looking at the power and the pills that i have left.

i will look into your suggestioin on getting trazadone and hope this will help me out getting more of my trazadone cause i will be needing them i will ask others and Frogie.

please forgive me if i dont get to you early than i do. i would need to figure out what avenue i will be talking in getting more trazadone. thanks again

im doing alot and going through alot,  but im keeping my head above water and pushing through full force. thanks very much for my rounds without your help im would be lost and in disaray. 

250mg trazodone

November 26, 2017. I reinstated my original dose of 250mg  trazodone..planning on holding for a very long time. No more withdrawal

6/16/20  90 mgai    7/26/20   81 mgai    9/6/20  72 mg ai 10/17/20- updose to 77 mgai  11/11/20- updose to 81 mgai  

• 2 weeks later...

@Frogie

hi there, happy holidays.

I hope your doing and coming alone with your taper, I'm still doing my powder, but since the time went back so I also had to go back one hour, it's adds up to the same but I'm experiencing slight withrawal symptom  like heat in my leg and waking up real early,

right now I have bronchitis and I also suffer with COPD so this is not good

it stated waking up like 6am  them it went to 7 am now it's up to 8 30am, I usually wake between 9-10am, it might be getting better, when Its time to take my pill 12am comes so fast that when I look again it be like 12;03am-12;04am  that's not good, 

anyways I'm running out of my pill do you know where or who I can talk to in buying my pill, I also need the same manufacture, and thank you for any assistance in this matter. love you much, I will tell you about my daughter progress once my body settled back.

250mg trazodone

• 6 months later...

@Shep I have a question, about a month now my sleeping meds is no longer putting me to sleep, the only thing it's doing is making me itch, I was put on a new pressure pill, and about the second week of this new pill my sleeping pill stop working, and it's now 4 weeks of not sleeping on it, by the 2ND week I stop that pressure pill I was giving my system time to to get that pill out my system, but I'm still not getting to sleep and I'm still taking my sleeping pill, my question how do I start to taper 250mg of trazadone that's not working,   thanks for  your thoughts. God bless.

250mg trazodone

13 minutes ago, street129 said:

@Shep I have a question, about a month now my sleeping meds is no longer putting me to sleep, the only thing it's doing is making me itch, I was put on a new pressure pill, and about the second week of this new pill my sleeping pill stop working, and it's now 4 weeks of not sleeping on it, by the 2ND week I stop that pressure pill I was giving my system time to to get that pill out my system, but I'm still not getting to sleep and I'm still taking my sleeping pill, my question how do I start to taper 250mg of trazadone that's not working,   thanks for  your thoughts. God bless.

Hi Street:

Shep has taken a leave so she won’t respond. Members are helping each other on the benzo thread.

I’m sure you will have to taper just like you were going to do.

However, you need to post this on your thread so the mods will see it.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Edited by Frogie

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, street129 said:

What drug is making you itch, @street129?

What "pressure pill"?

Please put ALL your drugs in the Drug Interactions Checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php
and copy and paste the results or a link to them in this topic.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

@Altostrata

My new pressure pill was candesartan.  1 for the first week then 2 second week, then 3 for the 3rd week onward, I wasn't itching on the pressure pill

but during my second week on the pressure pill , when I take my sleeping pill I never stop taking my sleeping pill, which is trazodone, I began to itch

and was not falling asleep. I was hoping sleep could have return once I stop the new pressure pill the 2ND week, but it's been a month that when I take my sleeping pill the same time every night I was hoping to get back sleeping. It's not kicking in. My meds and interaction below

Drug Interaction Report

Interactions between your drugs

traZODone  candesartan

Applies to: trazodone, candesartan

Candesartan and traZODone may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate. These side effects are most likely to be seen at the beginning of treatment, following a dose increase, or when treatment is restarted after an interruption. Let your doctor know if you develop these symptoms and they do not go away after a few days or they become troublesome. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you, and use caution when getting up from a sitting or lying position. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

250mg trazodone

• Administrator

There you go. The candesartan is slowing the metabolism of trazodone. Trazodone build-up has caused you to have an allergic reaction to it.

One way to deal with this is to reduce trazodone. 250mg is a fairly high dosage. Tips for tapering off trazodone (Desyrel)

Another way is to reduce candesartan, or at least not take candesartan and trazodone at the same times of day. However, now that your body has learned to be allergic to trazodone, this might not work.

Please talk to your doctor about having prescribed 2 drugs together that interact and cause this adverse reaction. He or she gets paid for this stuff, we don't.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

@Altostrata

I  quite taking the candesartan the second week once I notice, when I take my trazodone when it's time for bed I can't sleep. I actually dump the candesartan two weeks in.  I would love help from here in reducing trazodone that's all I'm taking brassmonkey was helping me with reduction using the scale but I didn't started cause when I do the capsuale I'm getting different amount.

When I first got my dr. I was already on trazodone, I told her about taper but she don't know nothing, cause she told me to first taper by 50 %  she scared me, you all is all I got.I don't think brassmonkey will continue to work with me, I message him I don't know if he reply, I need off this drug but the right way and maybe another way beside the scale, I have the making of the taper but the messurements are all off each one of them, I would work with the ones to come out like the first pill amount, frogie is also my friend can I get help from her if you don't have the time, and for  brassmonkey to guide me please.

250mg trazodone

• Administrator

How are you taking trazodone? Is it 250mg in one tablet?

You could ask your doctor to prescribe it for you in 2 100mg tablets plus 1 50mg tablet per day (divided doses) so you can use the 50mg tablet to taper.

You could start by making a liquid from the 50mg tablet. See Tips for tapering off trazodone (Desyrel)

8 minutes ago, street129 said:

@Altostrata

I  quite taking the candesartan the second week once I notice, when I take my trazodone when it's time for bed I can't sleep. I actually dump the candesartan two weeks in.  I would love help from here in reducing trazodone that's all I'm taking brassmonkey was helping me with reduction using the scale but I didn't started cause when I do the capsuale I'm getting different amount.

When I first got my dr. I was already on trazodone, I told her about taper but she don't know nothing, cause she told me to first taper by 50 %  she scared me, you all is all I got.I don't think brassmonkey will continue to work with me, I message him I don't know if he reply, I need off this drug but the right way and maybe another way beside the scale, I have the making of the taper but the messurements are all off each one of them, I would work with the ones to come out like the first pill amount, frogie is also my friend can I get help from her if you don't have the time, and for  brassmonkey to guide me please.

@Altostrata

I can help street with weighing her tablets if she needs help with that.

Frogie

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

• Administrator

Thanks, Frogie. If street needs to cut up her tablets, she may need your help learning how to weigh them.

Just now, Altostrata said:

Thanks, Frogie. If street needs to cut up her tablets, she may need your help learning how to weigh them.

I can help her do that😊

Hi street:

If you can weigh 10 of your tablets and tell me how much they weigh I can help you figure out how to proceed with your taper.

Take care,

Frogie xx

@Frogie t

Thank you frogie,. It's so good to talk again with you, I will go do that now, are we doing 10 percent, please

250mg trazodone

Just now, street129 said:

@Frogie t

Thank you frogie,. It's so good to talk again with you, rem

No problem. 

I’ll do what I can to help you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

one question, am I on my thread. Going to count now do I used the 100mg pill

250mg trazodone

1 minute ago, street129 said:

one question, am I on my thread. Going to count now

Yes, this is your thread.

If you want to use the 100 mg pills to taper, then weigh them.

Edited by Frogie

when it show 0000 I put the ten pill it says 5649 thanks for your help, I want to begin tapering tonight thanks 

250mg trazodone

7 minutes ago, street129 said:

it says 5649 when it show 0000 I put the ten pill

Ok, so then the average weight of 1 pill is 5.649 grams. That will be the number that you need to keep track of. You won’t weigh anymore pills. That seems like a big number. You’re sure your scale is on grams? Are they big pills? Does it say 0.5649? What does the scale say exactly?

Edited by Frogie

how should I find to see if it says gram   it did not have a 0 infrontwhere to look for gram

250mg trazodone

how should I find to see if it says gram   it did not have a 0 infrontwhere to look for gram

There should be a little g above the last number.

@Frogie

yes my 100mg pill is big, I DID IT OVER SORRY IT READS 5.647 g   the g is up by the 7

250mg trazodone

@Frogie

I DID IT OVER SORRY IT READS 5.647 g   the g is up by the 7

Ok, that’s good. So the average of 1 pill is 0.564. That’s your beginning number that you will taper from. You don’t need to weigh anymore pills. You will take 10% off 0.564. You need to crush the 10 pills and weigh 0.507 and put into gel caps. Do 10 days worth. Put the extra powder in an empty pill container so you can weigh more. We will see how that goes and if you’re doing well you can do another 10 days. I just don’t want you to crush and weigh a months worth at a time.

ok going to do that now, I don't need to lose you in my tapers, I'm going to send you something in your inbox message

I want to start my taper tonight thank you frogie, going now to crush the 10 pill and all should weigh 0.507 all 10 worth.

250mg trazodone

11 minutes ago, street129 said:

ok going to do that now, I don't need to lose you in my tapers, I'm going to send you something in your inbox message

I want to start my taper tonight thank you frogie, going now to crush the 10 pill and all should weigh 0.507 all 10 worth.

You won’t lose me through this. I’m not going anywhere.

Just weigh out the 10 pills at 0.507. Write down on a calendar that you started your taper today so we can keep track of it.

You will have extra powder you’ll need to put in an empty pill container.

Edited by Frogie

frogie thanks for showing me how to start to taper, my first pill of my taper on 0.507 starts tonight, I will post my progress.

How do I open my signature I already forgot, I'm gonna look around, want to put the date of today my first state of taper

250mg trazodone

2 minutes ago, street129 said:

frogie thanks for showing me how to start to taper, my first pill of my taper on 0.507 starts tonight, I will post my progress.

That’s awesome.

I’m glad I could help figure your first taper for you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

It's Monday, 6/15/2020,  last night Sunday, 6/14/2020 I did my first taper of my 250mg of trazodone of 10% which I'm taking 0.507 .

today I'm feeling a difference after I took my first pill of my taper of trazodone 0.507.  I'm  having a slight headache off and on, a little shakey, but I'm handle that, because in the pass of trying to taper this pill trazodone 250mg I felt this feeling before. I'm pushing through.

I been dealing with a runny nose for the pass 2 days I don't know if it's allergies or a cold, but 2 days straight at night I take a little nightquit.  

250mg trazodone

1 hour ago, street129 said:

It's Monday, 6/15/2020,  last night Sunday, 6/14/2020 I did my first taper of my 250mg of trazodone of 10% which I'm taking 0.507 .

today I'm feeling a difference after I took my first pill of my taper of trazodone 0.507.  I'm  having a slight headache off and on, a little shakey, but I'm handle that, because in the pass of trying to taper this pill trazodone 250mg I felt this feeling before. I'm pushing through.

I been dealing with a runny nose for the pass 2 days I don't know if it's allergies or a cold, but 2 days straight at night I take a little nightquit.  

I don’t know anything about trazodone, but I hope you can get through the headache and such.

I have headaches and I just chalk it up to wd and try to distract.

I’m not a dr, but I’ve had a runny nose for 2 months and sneezing. Everything is blooming and I’ve got allergies.

I’m glad you made it your 1st night!

Take care,

Frogie xx

Edited by Frogie

@Frogie

I came on to say thank you forgetting me started, I'm monitoring the headache, more less than more. 

I was reading some threads, how do you know when it's allergies and how to take meds for cold or allergies,So you had allergies all your life.?

I'm new to allergies so I don't know what's mines is, never had allergies when I was younger, so I'm treating it as a cold. I'm putting Vicks on my body too.

Stay Bless 

250mg trazodone

9 hours ago, street129 said:

@Frogie

I came on to say thank you forgetting me started, I'm monitoring the headache, more less than more. 

I was reading some threads, how do you know when it's allergies and how to take meds for cold or allergies,So you had allergies all your life.?

I'm new to allergies so I don't know what's mines is, never had allergies when I was younger, so I'm treating it as a cold. I'm putting Vicks on my body too.

Stay Bless 

You’re welcome. I’m glad I could help you get started.

I’ve had allergies all my life. I have a runny nose, sneeze. I think the difference between a cold and allergies is a cold you could run a little fever and have a sore throat. But wd can cause a runny nose also. 

I wouldn’t take anything if you can help it because it could rock the boat on your taper. If you can’t stand it maybe try 1/2 dose of Benadryl and see how that goes. You don’t want to take anything multi-symptom. At least I’ve found it really does a number on me.

Glad you’re doing well overall.

Take care,

Frogie xx

frogie, i didnt get any sleep at all last night, beside melatonin is there any good over the counter good for sleep.

Taper so far so good, 

250mg trazodone

1 minute ago, street129 said:

frogie, i didnt get any sleep at all last night, beside melatonin is there any good over the counter good for sleep.

Taper so far so good, 

I wouldn’t mess with the over the counter sleep aids. I’ve heard they can be bad.

How much melatonin are you taking? I’ve been advised by the mods not to take more than .30 mg a couple hours before bed.

Hi Street-- I'm sorry I missed seeing your request and you're feeling ignored.  Frogie is doing an excellent job of helping with your new taper. Feeling some symptoms the next day is quite common and it sounds like they are quite manageable.

Having a few nights of poor sleep is pretty common too. Many people let the fact that they have a bad night really upset them and that spirals causing even more sleeplessness. A small dose of melatonin might help. It can help get you to sleep, but not keep you asleep. Other OTC sleep aids don't seem to do much for people in ADWD and can cause more problems if used for too long. I have found it best to just try and relax and ride it out.

It can be hard to tell allergies from a cold. A cold will leave you feeling more "dragged out" and often has a fever and sore throat. While allergies is more about sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes. You could try a small dose of OTC allergy medication, but many members report having problems with them.  Cleaning your sinuses with saline spray can help.  

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking