street129

street129: hi

street129

6/29/20

Took 1.5mg  melatonin last night 2 hrs before bed,  did sleep, light heat in back enough to wake me and wake me earlier than usual at 6:37am.   

I would have like to slept at least until 9am. I'm still sleepy.   I  also still have burred vision but not as first onset. Still very Mild heat in body.

Will decrease melatonin tonight to .75mg 

Frogie
50 minutes ago, street129 said:

6/29/20

Took 1.5mg  melatonin last night 2 hrs before bed,  did sleep, light heat in back enough to wake me and wake me earlier than usual at 6:37am.   

I would have like to slept at least until 9am. I'm still sleepy.   I  also still have burred vision but not as first onset. Still very Mild heat in body.

Will decrease melatonin tonight to .75mg 

I don’t know a lot about melatonin. But I’ve been told that more is not better.

It might help to take less, you can only try.

Sounds like you’re doing ok overall though. That’s good news.

Take care,

Frogie xx

street129

@Altostrata

I want o start going back to do acupuncture but have not done it while tapering, is it a bad thing to resume.  Thank

street129

@Frogie

Yes tonight I'm trying .75mg melatonin.

Thanks frogie

Frogie
2 minutes ago, street129 said:

@Frogie

Yes tonight I'm trying .75mg melatonin.

Thanks frogie

Let me know how it goes

Altostrata

We have discussed acupuncture extensively in your topic. Acupuncture can be helpful but you need to find a compatible practitioner.

It's your decision if you want to try acupuncture again. Please do not tag me to make decisions like this for you.

street129

I use to go but I was not tapering at the time, I just thought you knew some people that are tapering and had bad experience whIle doing acupuncture even thou everyone is different,

I didn't ask you to hold my hands,  tag you to make my decision, is that what you get from my post, i been here long enough to know who you favores.

And that there about compatible practitioner.  I don't know what you mean. But it's ok don't answer.

street129

@Gridley

Can you tell me if you know anyone in this forum, that's tapering or has tapered ever done acupuncture and it messes with their tapering.

Thanks 

Altostrata

Use search to find out what people say about acupuncture. Re-read this topic to see our discussions about it.

I get frustrated when people ask the same question over and over or don't look around to answer their own questions.

You might find withdrawal groups on Facebook more to your liking.

street129

6/30/20

Did decrease my melatonin from 1.5mg last night to 0.75, feel asleep fast.  I woke at 8:09am this morning, no flushing of heat in my back. But it'comes in a little now and then much better than when I was on the highest melatonin at 2.5mg

I will buy a 1mg of melatonin to decrease the 1mg in half for tonight to see if I will continue to sleep and continue to help with any heat. The brand that I'm now using do not have 1mg.

I'm on my 3rd week of my taper at 10% reduction, moving forward after I reach a month by next week,  I don't know what to expect  I do still have a slight burred vision, Thursday I see my eye Dr.

I had this appointment before the corona hit.
I will see what he sees.

I am so happy I am on this journey, my only regret is that I wish I had stayed the course in 2017. As I get that out my system no looking back.
Thanks guys.

Frogie
6 minutes ago, street129 said:

6/30/20

Did decrease my melatonin from 1.5mg last night to 0.75, feel asleep fast.  I woke at 8:09am this morning, no flushing of heat in my back. But it'comes in a little now and then much better than when I was on the highest melatonin at 2.5mg

I will buy a 1mg of melatonin to decrease the 1mg in half for tonight to see if I will continue to sleep and continue to help with any heat. The brand that I'm now using do not have 1mg.

I'm on my 3rd week of my taper at 10% reduction, moving forward after I reach a month by next week,  I don't know what to expect  I do still have a slight burred vision, Thursday I see my eye Dr.

I had this appointment before the corona hit.
I will see what he sees.

I am so happy I am on this journey, my only regret is that I wish I had stayed the course in 2017. As I get that out my system no looking back.
Thanks guys.

Maybe decreasing the melatonin will help with the burning sensation in your back.

Looks like you are on the right path moving forward.

Good job😊

street129

Yea frogie lower dose tonight.

Frogie
1 hour ago, street129 said:

Yea frogie lower dose tonight.

Good, hopefully it will work.

Frogie

Just wondering how you are doing?

street129

7/2/20

Coming along forgie,  the .75mg brand of melatonin  I took yesterday was not good, it was horrible woke up with a headache, I went out yesterday morning to look for the brand that works good for me in 1mg, they don't have it in any drug stores, I saw it in amazon, I went Vitamin Shoppe yesterday,  they don't have it in the store, but ordered it for me. Getting it Monday.

I took a 1.5mg last night of the brand I like, I was having hell falling asleep, but I do not let it comsume me or do I think about it, it's like, ok.

It was 91 degrees today, had 2 appts, the hot weather every summer make me very fatigue, after those 2 appts, I AM exhausted. 
I will cut the melatonin and hope it cut right so sleep won't be difficult.

I Saw my orthopedic doctor today, he recommended therapy, x-ray show inflammation

I will start therapy next week for my hip pain.

Frogie
11 hours ago, street129 said:

7/2/20

Coming along forgie,  the .75mg brand of melatonin  I took yesterday was not good, it was horrible woke up with a headache, I went out yesterday morning to look for the brand that works good for me in 1mg, they don't have it in any drug stores, I saw it in amazon, I went Vitamin Shoppe yesterday,  they don't have it in the store, but ordered it for me. Getting it Monday.

I took a 1.5mg last night of the brand I like, I was having hell falling asleep, but I do not let it comsume me or do I think about it, it's like, ok.

It was 91 degrees today, had 2 appts, the hot weather every summer make me very fatigue, after those 2 appts, I AM exhausted. 
I will cut the melatonin and hope it cut right so sleep won't be difficult.

I Saw my orthopedic doctor today, he recommended therapy, x-ray show inflammation

I will start therapy next week for my hip pain.

Hopefully the melatonin will work and you’ll get better sleep.

It was 95 here yesterday, 93 today and in the 100’s next week. I can imagine the heat is horrible to be out in. But you are it to your appointments. 

You sound like you’re doing better. Glad to hear that!