street129: hi

street129

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi street,

Yes, we should move our discussion back out here, from PM.  I went ahead and updated your signature with correct doses, and included your updose of last night to 77 mgai. 

The ai stands for active ingredient, which is the dose strength.

In weight it is the .435 that you see on your scale.  That measurement you see on the scale is in g or grams.  So to report it in mg it would be 435 mgpw(mg pill weight), no decimal point before the 435.    I left that out of your signature, and tried to explain a bit more in PM.

So your sister had an aneurysm last year.  I'm sorry.  And that explains why you get very worried when you have a headache now.

Did you go to the ER then last night when you got a bad headache?  And what did they say?

And how are you doing tonight, or when you see this?

Alto is just asking when do you take your trazodone each day?  What time?

You've noted symptoms on the 10th of October in the post below, and some similar symptoms to me, when I had asked.

On 10/10/2020 at 7:37 PM, street129 said:

Tonight 10/10/20 my WD has increase to where I'm shaking, nauseous, and the warm heat im still experiencing and a mild headache.  I can deal with the shaking and the nauseousness not so much with the heat in my leg and back.

I want to hold but also it's a lot  to bare and the .435 is gonna gave me a new 5% going forward and I will then need new rounds.

Hopefully @Frogie can still assist if she's well enough to.

Do you or @Frogie remember if you were having any symptoms earlier with tapers, back in late June, July, or August? I not finding many myself.

Thanks street,

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

9 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Do you or @Frogie remember if you were having any symptoms earlier with tapers, back in late June, July, or August? I not finding many myself.

She had no other symptoms early on other than not being able to sleep that I remember. She took Melatonin and that helped. She only started having the other symptoms recently. 

Edited by Frogie

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

@manymoretodays

take my dose when going to bed as my sleep aide at 1 am nightly.  

I have insomnia and it's has been my only drug since 2016 and my dose of 250mg has never waiver.

10/19/20 this morning still have warmth in leg/back 

i still dont feel like myself, foggy in the head/brains. 

Vision is being affected. I'm having blurred vision reason for my emergency room visit on the day I went to the ER on that Saturday pass.

I believe the liquid fish oil that i spend $29.99  a vitamin shoppe brand is not working to good for me

I also take the vitamin with it as recommended on this site.

I dont take it daily but when i do, i don't feel well.

yesterday i wake up feeling weak, im will not take it any more.

10/19/20

at 11:30am  im having  some shaking, still weak, nauseous, blurred  vision, the weakness, nauseousness and shaking after my updose from 72mg to 77mg of my drug, trazodone, still have warm heat in back/leg.

unintresting in watching or looking at tv  my feelings are scary and im feeling real horrible. WOW.

i take my new dose of 77mg  trazodose nightly. at 1 am.

JOINED THIS BOARD AUGUST 27, 2017

250mg trazodone

250mg   Aug 21, 2017  tapering before I found SA

200mg -  Aug 21, 2017 to Aug 25, 2017 tapering before found SA

225mg -  Aug 26, 2017  updose holding

November 26, 2017. I reinstated my original dose of 250mg  trazodone..planning on holding for a very long time. No more withdrawal

June 14, 2020  at 10% 507  My first start of my trazodone 250mg  taper

6/16/20  90 mgai    7/26/20   81 mgai    9/6/20  72 mg ai 10/17/20- updose to 77 mgai  11/11/20- updose to 81 mgai  

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi street,

9 hours ago, street129 said:

at 11:30am  im having  some shaking, still weak, nauseous, blurred  vision, the weakness, nauseousness and shaking after my updose from 72mg to 77mg of my drug, trazodone, still have warm heat in back/leg.

unintresting in watching or looking at tv  my feelings are scary and im feeling real horrible. WOW.

i take my new dose of 77mg  trazodose nightly. at 1 am.

Okay thanks.  Do you have glasses or corrective eyewear that you use?

It seems like the vision problems were present on your arrival here. 

See Trazodone side effects here:  Drugs.com Trazodone Side Effects: Common, Severe, Long Term

You were also on a pretty high dose of the Trazodone on arrival, and perhaps intermittently since that time.

Meanwhile, withdrawal symptoms are these:

Dr. Glenmullen's withdrawal symptom checklist

Also blurred vision and almost all of the symptoms you describe.

Street, you'll have to pull up that list from one of the links, in the link above.  And then it will download the list for you on your computer.  I'm hoping you are working from a personal computer.

And good, good.  So have you filled capsules for a whole weeks use now, with the .435 pill weight, or powder weight from your old supply?

And are sure that any crushed material used in filling the capsules came from 100 mg pills only?

You can just put aside any bottles of medication that are labeled as 50 mg tablets of Trazodone.  Is there any chance you mixed up the 100 mg tablets with the 50 mg tablets when weighing or crushing street?

I really think that the best we can do right now, is work real hard to get you on a stable dose of Trazodone, and then keep you on it, for some time.

For right now, this week since you have updosed.........could you stay real steady at taking the Trazodone, self made capsules, at the same time then, which is one am, and then keep track of your symptoms throughout the day and night.

Are there other drugs or supplements that you take regularly?  And if so, what, in what dose, and at what time?

Try and report here, after you have done some on paper, in this kind of format:  Keeping daily notes of drug schedule and symptoms to track progress and patterns

Try and start this tomorrow morning and for example:

6 a.m. Woke with anxiety
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Stomach is upset
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Feeling dizzy
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke but got back to sleep

Yours will look different, and might start later in the morning.  Main thing is just start them when you get up, put the time on the left, and a basic description of symptoms on the right, all through the day.  Keep noting times every couple of hours, on the left.  Also on the right, please include any other medication or supplement taken by name, and with the dosage.

You can do all this on paper first, and then share here, an entire day.

Are you able to continue to work with the scale okay, considering your confusion at times, blurred vision, shaking and weakness, burning skin and all the other symptoms of the last couple of weeks, and some of those symptoms I imagine even occurred while on the big dose of 250 mg total per day ? 

Non-drug coping that might come in real handy, in addition to the melatonin for sleep:

Tips to help sleep: so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

You'll find most of your other symptoms here too: 

Important topics about symptoms

and maybe can find some more tips on coping with them

That's all I've got for today.  And thank you both.  If needed, Frogie can help you interpet and understand further.  Okay?

Best, Love, Peace, Healing, and Growth.......do keep the faith,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
re-do on Glenmullen link

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

On 10/19/2020 at 8:52 AM, Frogie said:

She had no other symptoms early on other than not being able to sleep that I remember. She took Melatonin and that helped. She only started having the other symptoms recently. 

hi there frogie, the hospital visit was ok,  i gather you;re doing ok also.

250mg trazodone

November 26, 2017. I reinstated my original dose of 250mg  trazodone..planning on holding for a very long time. No more withdrawal

6/16/20  90 mgai    7/26/20   81 mgai    9/6/20  72 mg ai 10/17/20- updose to 77 mgai  11/11/20- updose to 81 mgai  

@manymoretodays

9:30am  tummy ache woke me up.
This morning im not shaking, 
Still a little weak
headache mild off and on

Once i wake i do nothing, i take bath/shower have my tea, lay in bed watch tv,/laptop and i dont take any kind of supplements, or any other drug
i took fish oil for the first time last week but stop, it don't agree with me.  12pm i have a light lunch/sandwish/soup
I have my dinner every night at 6:30pm,  I do these things daily, 

if I take any other things thats not on my daily schedule, I will post it with date/time. 

if I have to leave my house I do with all my discomfort. lol

My main concern that im still experiencing is vision disturbance and very warm heat that increase yesterday. 

My only symptom while taken trazodone pills 250mg was bearable, very mild warmth that i now know thanks to you is a side effect from being on trazodone, for 4 years also blurred vision, these two things increased once i started to taper.

@11 40am  is  therapy, but i dont know.  

250mg trazodone

@manymoretodays

my post above didnt delete, haaaa

5 hrs sleep without waking up last night 

My symptom  has increased with my updose of my drug from  72mg to 77mg

of every warmth heat

9:30am  woke with a tummy upset
10 a.m. not shaking today
11 a.m mild headache on/off
11 20 a.m had breakfast
12 p.m. physical therapy [I don't know]
3 p.m  headache stop
8 p.m dinner

i dont take any other medications
9 p.m relaxing, watching tv/laptop 

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi street,

I was just reading your last PM, and no, I won't abandon you. 

I do have to look after myself too, and right now have a really sick 4 legged friend, whom I'm not sure is going to make it.  And so.......just waiting again, to hear from the vet on some blood work, for dear Betsey Ross, and probably will make decisions later today.  And then other times, I do take off when needed.  I usually let the others' know, and can let you know when I am out as well.    I might, hopefully, have some travel coming up.  I can always check in via my smart phone device, but I do have trouble doing links and much in the way of replies with that device.  Sometimes.......I'm even off the grid, or out of cellular connectivity. 

So, no worries.......somebody is always watching over you and your case sweetie.  You may not get immediate, real time, answers always as quick as you'd like them.......but we do try to attend to everyone, when we can.  We are not a real time chat site, but an internet forum.

And........I do understand your concerns now.

And thank you so much for giving a good try with some Notes right here.

Last night went better than the night before, at least with sleep, from what I can tell.  Or maybe the night before was better than last night.  It's better if you put symptoms and concerns out here again, as that helps me(and we, all of us helpers) know which nights are high with fears(anxiety), and which nights go better.  And sometimes, if you post late night or middle of the night ET, U.S. time, even another member might respond and give comfort.  Sometimes it's someone from another country even.  How cool is that?

As far as going up further with your Trazodone dose now goes, here are my thoughts:

1.  If we do go higher in dose, based on your symptoms, then I firmly believe, it will be best to do that slowly.  That's the harm reduction method.

2.  Most of your symptoms now may be more WD related, rather than related to adverse effects of Trazodone.  And although the symptoms might be similar, I think keeping you maintained on a lower dose of Trazodone than the 250 mg, that you had been on, should result in less adverse effects.  And then also, you will have less to taper off of too, when that time comes. 

3.  Since you just updosed from 72 mgai to 77 mgai, I think it best to observe your symptoms for at least the week after this updose, before making any decisions on further updoses.

It just wouldn't make any sense to updose you higher, right now.  It's been almost 4 months, since you last took 250 mg, and you had been doing fairly well, as far as I can tell, up until the last couple of weeks. 

Keep up with the notes.  Try and get the whole 24 hours in.  And for the most part, you can put everything out here now, on your main introduction.

Street, I do think that it is more WD symptoms you are having right now.

What is withdrawal syndrome?

When we take medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made.  The CNS likes stability. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur. And sleep is really important during withdrawal.  Insomnia is no small deal.

So, you are among friends here, many of whom are also dealing with WD, or have had to deal with it. 

On the eyes and blurriness.  Again, I'm wondering if you use glasses or any kind of corrective eyewear now.  Certainly, if you do not, I would recommend getting in to see an eye doctor or optometrist(the doctor who does vision exams and prescribes glasses or contacts).

What we recommend to members to deal with the scary thoughts, fears, and anxiety is in the way of what we call, non- drug coping.

Things like breathing techniques, calming techniques, sometimes listening to guided meditations, or soothing music..........well there are lot's of things and practices you can start to work on.  So I'll give you links again today so you can have a look and try some, if you'd like.  I don't know if you have a "talk therapist" or a therapist of any kind, but they too, sometimes can be real helpful when going through difficulties, and some will help you practice calming techniques too.  They don't usually have prescribing priveledges, and so, often don't just hand you another pill or prescription.

And some links.......

Dealing With Emotional Spirals

Neuro-emotions

Non-drug techniques to cope with symptoms

this one has a huge indexed list, in the first post, and I'm going to just pick out one for you now, which is below:

The Dr. Claire Weekes Method of recovering from a Sensitized Nervous System

so many members really like her stuff.  You can also find video's that she has done, on youtube.

Street, you don't even have to read and absorb all of this right now.  You'll have it for reference, for later though.  I know you mentioned feeling so overwhelmed.  I even get that way sometimes........now almost 4 years drug free.  And when the site is real busy, it can overwhelm me too. 

So take your time.

The biggest priority right now, is for you to report your daily Notes.  As it's only day 4, since your updose.

(((((street)))))

L, P, H, and G,

mmt 

hi manymoretodays

I kinda fix my signature, confusion it was

I'm so sorry to hear about your pet, I know how you feel my cat Bailey had issues last year I didn't know what was wrong with him, once we got to the bottom of the issue he became an expensive cat,  he can't eat any old kind of cat food,  he has to eat prescription cat food.

I will keep both of you in my prayers.

I agree my symptoms now is WD..   this statement:  keeping you maintained on a lower dose of Trazodone than the 250 mg, that you had been on, should result in less adverse effects.

since I was on 250mg, don't I still would  have 150mg still in my system when I'm done. i know that might sound crazy but I think like that, out the box. 

yes i updosed from 72 mgai to 77 mgai, I just wanted your reassurance in this, and will not do anything right now either.

Thanks for the info on CNS it gave me an idea on how brains work. Also the links, 

I do wear computer reading glasses and I have my distance glasses.

4:15 a.m. woke up from heat in my skin

7:00 a.m. felt  nauseous 

8:47 a.m. woke after fallen asleep

9:45 a.m. mild headache

11:00 a.m. mild heart pain

12:30 P. M.  ER

6:00 P.M. Advise to be admitted to hospital, I declined

would see a cardiologist on the outside, call office tomorrow

7:00 P.M. discharge from ER

9:30 P.M.  Dinner 

10:30 P.M. relaxing watching TV/laptop till bed time.

no meds no herbal tea,  on my laptop till bed time nightly.

250mg trazodone

Hi street. I got your message. I see you just updosed the trazodone. You should just hold your dose until you feel improvement at this point. Let me know if you have any questions.

Be well. Marie.

10/13--10/14 Ambien. Started tapering 1/14  Jumped 10/14.  Done.                                                                              

3/14        7.5 Remeron  still taking this.                              

2/14         75 Trazodone   -    Tapered by dry cutting all the way down.

1/16        4 mg Trazodone  -  Jumped. Bad mistake. Got hit with late withdrawal 6 weeks later. Reinstated.

4/16        Reinstated 1 mg, updose to 2 mg Trazodone

2/19        .04 Trazodone. Walked off.  Done.

10/3/19  Started 7.5 Mirtazapine taper cut to .073 gram weight, pill weighs .076

4/5/20    New Mirtazapine Taper - Compound Liquid 7.35 mg April '20, 7.25 mg May, 7.05 mg June, 6.99 mg June, 6.78 mg July, 6.57 mg Aug, Sept 6.35 mg, Sept 6.24 mg, Sept 6.21 mg, Oct 5.99 mg, Oct 5.90 mg, Oct 5.70 mg.

1/11/21 6.05 mg Messed up taper due to syringe change. Must remember the 1 ml syringe contains 1.5mg! 1/16/21 5.99 mg

2/21 5.75 mg, 3/21 5.6 mg, 4/7 5.45, 4/14 5.30, 5/12 5.15, 5/25/21 4.99 mg, 6/29 4.87 mg, 7/14/21 4.74 mg, 8/5 4.62 mg 8/17 4.5 mg, 8/30 4.38 mg,9/16 4.26 mg,10/9 4.14 mg, 10/23 4.05 mg, 11/6 3.96 mg,11/17 3.87mg.***Jan 22 Liquid was changed/couldn't tolerate***Changed back to pills. Feb 22/3.9 mg, 2/17/22 3.8 mg, 3/23 3.7 mg, 4/7 3.6 mg, 5/10 3.5mg,6/10/22 3.4 mg, 7/4 3.3 mg, 7/25 3.2 mg, 8/20/22 3.1 mg, 9/15 3 mg, 10/8/22 2.9 mg., 12/15 2.8 mg, 1/6/23 2.7 mg, 2/16/23 2.6 mg, 3/9 2.5 mg, 4/4 2.4 mg, 4/29/23 2.3 mg, 5/26 2.2 mg, 6/22/23 2.1 mg, 10/14 2 mg, 11/12 1.9 mg, 11/28 1.8 mg , 12/14/23 1.7, 12/31/23 1.6 mg, 1/20 1.5 mg, 2/6/24 1.4 mg, 2/12 updose 1.5 mg, 3/27/24 1.4 mg. Taking multi-vitamin, vit. D, cholestoff, psyllium husk, and fish oil.

@maria323

Hi, did you have any heat in your skin being on trazodone cause I do.  Today the warm seem a little bearable, cause it's still there and a factor,  but it could all be in my head cause I'm having other withdrawals, like weak muscles, on and off mini headaches, vision still burred and today is more blurred vision than yesterday, but I'm taking it all in stride.

250mg trazodone

9:40 a.m. woke mini headache

10:15 a.m. took half Excedrin

10:30 a.m. in bed

10:40 a.m. Breakfast

11:50 a.m. Cardiologist appointment

3:50 P.M.   Brunch

6:50 P.M.  Woke

9:00 P.M.   Dinner

10:45 P.M  touch of less heat, 

symptoms: muscle weaknesses,vision more blurred today than yesterday,

12:00 a.m.  fell asleep

250mg trazodone

Hi street. Can you explain the warm feeling? Does it feel like burning? If so, that I have experienced, more so with mirtazapine. It is from the taper, just hold longer if the symptoms bother you. Be well. Marie.

1/16        4 mg Trazodone  -  Jumped. Bad mistake. Got hit with late withdrawal 6 weeks later. Reinstated.

10/3/19  Started 7.5 Mirtazapine taper cut to .073 gram weight, pill weighs .076

4/5/20    New Mirtazapine Taper - Compound Liquid 7.35 mg April '20, 7.25 mg May, 7.05 mg June, 6.99 mg June, 6.78 mg July, 6.57 mg Aug, Sept 6.35 mg, Sept 6.24 mg, Sept 6.21 mg, Oct 5.99 mg, Oct 5.90 mg, Oct 5.70 mg.

1/11/21 6.05 mg Messed up taper due to syringe change. Must remember the 1 ml syringe contains 1.5mg! 1/16/21 5.99 mg

2/21 5.75 mg, 3/21 5.6 mg, 4/7 5.45, 4/14 5.30, 5/12 5.15, 5/25/21 4.99 mg, 6/29 4.87 mg, 7/14/21 4.74 mg, 8/5 4.62 mg 8/17 4.5 mg, 8/30 4.38 mg,9/16 4.26 mg,10/9 4.14 mg, 10/23 4.05 mg, 11/6 3.96 mg,11/17 3.87mg.***Jan 22 Liquid was changed/couldn't tolerate***Changed back to pills. Feb 22/3.9 mg, 2/17/22 3.8 mg, 3/23 3.7 mg, 4/7 3.6 mg, 5/10 3.5mg,6/10/22 3.4 mg, 7/4 3.3 mg, 7/25 3.2 mg, 8/20/22 3.1 mg, 9/15 3 mg, 10/8/22 2.9 mg., 12/15 2.8 mg, 1/6/23 2.7 mg, 2/16/23 2.6 mg, 3/9 2.5 mg, 4/4 2.4 mg, 4/29/23 2.3 mg, 5/26 2.2 mg, 6/22/23 2.1 mg, 10/14 2 mg, 11/12 1.9 mg, 11/28 1.8 mg , 12/14/23 1.7, 12/31/23 1.6 mg, 1/20 1.5 mg, 2/6/24 1.4 mg, 2/12 updose 1.5 mg, 3/27/24 1.4 mg. Taking multi-vitamin, vit. D, cholestoff, psyllium husk, and fish oil.

hi Marie, it's burning you're right, I say warm to be more less scared. Im holding. last night I had a little relief,  but tonight is not good. Did your burning went away while on mirtazapine.

i read your signature,  I remember telling you when you first joined that I live in NY too.

250mg trazodone

6:50 a.m. woke from  hot heat in back

11:50a.m. sleep

3:00 p.m. vision burred, weak muscle,

1:00 p.m. lunch

3:00 p.m.woke from nap

8:30 p.m. dinner

10;45 p.m. blurred vision

12:35 a.m. in bed

Very much heat in body tonight, I don't know how I'm gonna fall asleep.

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi street,

Well sadly, I had to decide to put my dear 4 legged, furry, cat friend to sleep.  I suppose I could have gone on with more work ups and such, but from what the vet found........I just could not let her continue with such a low quality of life.  She was a sweetie, and I miss her very much.

And okay, so you are equipped with decent glasses then. 

On 10/16/2020 at 5:19 PM, street129 said:

i would like to know if we're only dealing with what i've been tapering as of the 100mg, 

im so confused.

Yes, I think you are dealing with what you've been tapering, from the 100 mg.  Sometimes, after going up and down with doses, such as you have(over a few years time), it does sensitize the nervous system.   And......once a sensitized nervous system results, there can be lots of symptoms.  Most will begin to stabilize with time, and stable dosing patterns.

You are still taking the trazodone 77 mg at one am each night?  You do need to include the whole 24 hours in the Notes, and the trazodone and dose.  From the Notes, it appears that you might not have taken any trazodone.  I don't want to assume that you take it, when you can't list it down.  You can write it in after the fact, in the morning.  If you need to move it to midnight, that is fine.  It looks like you have been falling asleep a bit earlier. 

I can't really tell much of anything, around your updose.  How about you?  Do you think that there is any improvement in your symptoms, since the updose?  Or are they the same, as they were prior?  I know that you are having a lot of anxiety or fears around your symptoms too.  Is this any better, or worse?  In general, your sleep looks pretty good.  I think when you wake up, you may have a bit of the cortisol awakening going on, which increases your anxiety and worries.  See if either of these speak to you:

Early- morning waking- managing the morning cortisol spike

Adrenaline or panic nighttime awakenings

Some of these symptoms, the burning and blurry vision, I think were present after your last taper too, and are fairly common WD symptoms.

Burning skin, burning feet

Vision symptoms: floaters, snow, blurred/dimmed vision, twitching, dry eyes and pain

I also found many members, who experienced these symptoms too, when I did a search just now.

How did the cardiologist appointment go?  And what was suggested for your headaches, when you went to the ER that day?  Did they do a CT scan?

street, health anxiety can be a bear.  And I am glad that you have gotten checked out medically.  See if this link speaks to you at all?

Health anxiety, hypochondria, and obsession with symptoms

and please don't feel offended, it happens to the best of us sometimes, there might be something helpful to you there, in that link, or the others.

And okay.  Let me know if I haven't answered any of your questions.  I'd rather have you sit with the same dose, without tapering for awhile, if possible.  There are no prizes for too fast of tapers.  Slow like the turtle is always better.

The rules of 3 KI's: Keep it simple, slow, and stable

And then your stable, may not mean completely free of symptoms, but the same manageable symptoms.

And okay, hoping today is a well one for you street.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Hi Street.

The warm feeling I have gotten before. It is usually on my left leg in the thigh area and my foot. Sometimes I feel it on my back. It gets worse if I try to use a lotion on my legs even if it is a gentle unscented one like Cerave. Try not to use lotion in the area you get the warm feeling. When I finished the trazodone taper the warm feeling went away. I get it some from Mirt but I try to taper slow so it is not too bad. I hope you feel better soon. Marie.

On 10/24/2020 at 9:11 AM, marie123 said:

Hi Street.

The warm feeling I have gotten before. It is usually on my left leg in the thigh area and my foot. Sometimes I feel it on my back. It gets worse if I try to use a lotion on my legs even if it is a gentle unscented one like Cerave. Try not to use lotion in the area you get the warm feeling. When I finished the trazodone taper the warm feeling went away. I get it some from Mirt but I try to taper slow so it is not too bad. I hope you feel better soon. Marie.

my heat is also my left leg and other times my back. Thanks about the lotion. I have change how I'm eating, for tapering purposes I'm trying to eat mostly vegan. I have cut out meat. I'm only on one drug for four years, and have been trying to get off since 2 years but I have chicken out on my first attempt back in 2017, I'm on board again, hopefully I can make it through with the helped I'm getting.  I'm happy you have completed trazodone, I'm longing to be in your shoes, in time and will continuing going slowly in my taper. Good talking to you, I hope you're feeling good as you along in your journey.

250mg trazodone

On 10/24/2020 at 9:03 AM, manymoretodays said:

Hi street,

Well sadly, I had to decide to put my dear 4 legged, furry, cat friend to sleep.  I suppose I could have gone on with more work ups and such, but from what the vet found........I just could not let her continue with such a low quality of life.  She was a sweetie, and I miss her very much.

And okay, so you are equipped with decent glasses then. 

Yes, I think you are dealing with what you've been tapering, from the 100 mg.  Sometimes, after going up and down with doses, such as you have(over a few years time), it does sensitize the nervous system.   And......once a sensitized nervous system results, there can be lots of symptoms.  Most will begin to stabilize with time, and stable dosing patterns.

You are still taking the trazodone 77 mg at one am each night?  You do need to include the whole 24 hours in the Notes, and the trazodone and dose.  From the Notes, it appears that you might not have taken any trazodone.  I don't want to assume that you take it, when you can't list it down.  You can write it in after the fact, in the morning.  If you need to move it to midnight, that is fine.  It looks like you have been falling asleep a bit earlier. 

I can't really tell much of anything, around your updose.  How about you?  Do you think that there is any improvement in your symptoms, since the updose?  Or are they the same, as they were prior?  I know that you are having a lot of anxiety or fears around your symptoms too.  Is this any better, or worse?  In general, your sleep looks pretty good.  I think when you wake up, you may have a bit of the cortisol awakening going on, which increases your anxiety and worries.  See if either of these speak to you:

Early- morning waking- managing the morning cortisol spike

Adrenaline or panic nighttime awakenings

Some of these symptoms, the burning and blurry vision, I think were present after your last taper too, and are fairly common WD symptoms.

Burning skin, burning feet

Vision symptoms: floaters, snow, blurred/dimmed vision, twitching, dry eyes and pain

I also found many members, who experienced these symptoms too, when I did a search just now.

How did the cardiologist appointment go?  And what was suggested for your headaches, when you went to the ER that day?  Did they do a CT scan?

street, health anxiety can be a bear.  And I am glad that you have gotten checked out medically.  See if this link speaks to you at all?

Health anxiety, hypochondria, and obsession with symptoms

and please don't feel offended, it happens to the best of us sometimes, there might be something helpful to you there, in that link, or the others.

And okay.  Let me know if I haven't answered any of your questions.  I'd rather have you sit with the same dose, without tapering for awhile, if possible.  There are no prizes for too fast of tapers.  Slow like the turtle is always better.

The rules of 3 KI's: Keep it simple, slow, and stable

And then your stable, may not mean completely free of symptoms, but the same manageable symptoms.

And okay, hoping today is a well one for you street.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

As this is being new to this, I didn't even remember including the time. You're absolutely correct It made sense reminder is welcome. 

With all the Wd that I am experiencing right now leaves little or less time to think about any other things while wondering when some of these Wd would get better. ''the list'' should be for ones that their Wd are not so intense, [mines are.]  never will I take my trazadone before 1 a.m. I'm very condition. If I closed my eyes I'm up every few second checking for 1 a.m. Been doing it for years sorry I didn't specify.

When the clock turn back I will be taking it at 12 a.m.  

Thanks for the suggestion. Your help is so, so appreciated and needed.

Very true I didn't specify if there is any new changes after my updose and there's no changes, I guess this is something that would need time to grasp as it goes along. Thanks for pointing that out.

I like communicating with you.  What do you thing about the list on the ones that their Wd is so bad that they can't even be on the internet at times. 

I have never been on this site on a daily basis before. Check my old post you will see it. I will continue to hold I understand when you say it's better to hold for stabilisation.

Have a great day today and a better day tomorrow,

250mg trazodone

@manymoretodays

I was having a little less heat early in the day this happened last week also.  I fell asleep for some hours.  Is this call waves?

1:00 a.m.  took 77mg of trazodone

11:45 a.m. woke up feeling a tiny less heat

12:45 p.m. lunch

2:45 p.m.   smoothie

7:40 p.m.   Woke up from heat returning in back and leg

9:39 p.m.    Dinner

10:40 p.m.  laying in bed relaxing watching TV

10:48 p.m.   Nauseous

11:35 p.m.  relaxing 

12:45 a.m.  on laptop

1:00 a.m.    took 77mg of trazodone,

1:05 a.m.    sleep

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi street,

Windows are improved times.  Waves are times of more WD symptoms.

Has the tremor or shakiness improved, since the updose?

On 10/25/2020 at 8:41 AM, street129 said:

As this is being new to this, I didn't even remember including the time. You're absolutely correct It made sense reminder is welcome. 

With all the Wd that I am experiencing right now leaves little or less time to think about any other things while wondering when some of these Wd would get better. ''the list'' should be for ones that their Wd are not so intense, [mines are.]  never will I take my trazadone before 1 a.m. I'm very condition. If I closed my eyes I'm up every few second checking for 1 a.m. Been doing it for years sorry I didn't specify.

When the clock turn back I will be taking it at 12 a.m.  

Thanks for the suggestion. Your help is so, so appreciated and needed.

Very true I didn't specify if there is any new changes after my updose and there's no changes, I guess this is something that would need time to grasp as it goes along. Thanks for pointing that out.

I like communicating with you.  What do you thing about the list on the ones that their Wd is so bad that they can't even be on the internet at times. 

I have never been on this site on a daily basis before. Check my old post you will see it. I will continue to hold I understand when you say it's better to hold for stabilisation.

Have a great day today and a better day tomorrow,

It's fine to come on when you like street.  The daily notes, if that is the list you refer to, are helpful especially when you make a change in dose, which you did.  The updose.

The WD symptom list really can be overwhelming!  And sometimes, if all I read about are symptoms, I can start to pick up new ones too.......Gasp. 

You might focus on Success Stories, or begin finding those who you can relate to here to support.  Sometimes that really helps.  To find others coming off Trazodone, just put Trazodone in the Search box in the upper right corner.

Sounds like your sleep is improved?

One thing I will need you to do pretty soon, would be to recheck weights on your latest batch of Trazodone 100 mg pills.  The one I had you weigh 3 of.

The average weight varied enough from the previous average weight, that it will be well worth a re-weigh.

I checked with brassmonkey(who is just busier, researching and writing things, for the site, and such now) and acceptable variance is .050 pw or 50 mgpw. 

Previous averages for a 100 mg pill have been up around 570 mgpw.

And when I had you last weigh, I came up with around 324 mgpw.  Could have also been a scale misread, or shakiness so let's just double check when you are ready.

And make sure too, to check if it's a different manufacturer.

You could probably just stash all the 50 mg Trazodones or get rid of them.  You don't need them anymore.

So when you are ready, just weigh 2 batches of 5 pills of 100 mg dose strength.  And then post that here again.  I struck a compromise with Frogie to do it this way, this time.  I did not weigh when I tapered, but have a scale, and use it for other stuff, like weaning off my melatonin now. 

Right now, for your purposes, you are still doing the .435 weight for a dose of 77 mg.  From one of your previous batches of 100 mg pills. (average pill weight for 100 mg dose was .564)

And waiting for a comfortable WD stable, before further tapering.  Does that sound okay?

WD stable- more on that for you to look at.  Just click the upper right hand arrow.  And it won't set you back, it's not too intense or anything.

Alrighty then.  You don't have to respond every day street.  That is fine.  B)❤️

And then we can work out a micro taper for you too, and tell you what that will weigh, and what dose it will be.  Hope today has been good for you.  Or well enough!

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

@Shep

i was trying to get your attention but I don't know how to get to post to your intro. or is that wrong

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi street129, @street129

I just moved your post back here to your own topic.

Answered your PM's as well, and do need you to post right here, rather than in PM, or in another members topic.

It's been 10 days since your updose from 72 mg to 77 mg.

What exactly is so worrisome, with symptoms right now, that you want to go back and add 150 mg extra to your dose now?

Yes, you could updose again to 80 mg, on Sunday if you would like. 

It's certainly not clear from your NOTES, that you are doing awful right now.  Could you try and continue those, especially, if wanting more moderator assistance.  This is how we do it.

You are expected to take some responsibility and have some understanding, when you begin to taper street.  In other words, it really was your responsibility to understand that you would still need to take your additional 150 mg, along with what you were tapering with. 

And you seemed to be doing okay until after your September taper. 

And so, if it were me, I would not do a huge updose right now.  I am referring to going all the way back up and adding in the 150 mg to your present 77 mg dose.

And sure, you could updose a bit more.  To 80 mg, on Sunday, if you would like.

And perhaps someone else will weigh in as well.  I'll put you back up in reports.

Back later today.  And I can give you a weight for another updose. 

I'll move your PM's here now too.  My box gets full otherwise. 

Thankyou,

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
@notification

• Moderator Emeritus

street129,

These are the PM's you sent and that I have just responded too.  And I'm not trying to be mean, it's just that if you can post right here, on your introduction, I think that would be best.  Maybe you got worried about the weight differences?  Or had a moment of panic, or a rough night?  I don't know.

Try, try to keep doing the NOTES.  You've been doing okay with those and then, the other moderators can be better prepared to step in and help too.  I know you seemed to understand that.

11 hours ago, street129 said:

The first batch of 5 pills of 100 is 1.623

The second batch of 5 pills of 100 is 1.624

I'm looking at my situation that I'm in at 77mg  while I feel like going back to 250mg of my pill but I don't know what I'm gonna feel cause I'm not tapering from what my system knows. Who,know because of that huge less amout how and when am I gonna get stable with less mg. Can you explain why it's best to not go back to 250mg. Do you know anyone this happened to on the site from their experience, in 3 months my first time trying to taker I was find within 4-5 days, I would need you to be there for me if it come to that. 

I'm not shaking sorry I forgot.

My manufacture of my pill is always the same 

What is an acceptable variance is .050pw or 50mg,  I don't know what that means.

Your  thought on what I'm thinking about going back to  250mg  and tapering rightly from it.

I thank you for your thoughts,  you are a very deep and indept person that finds things that need fixing. 

You are an inspiring woman.

27 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

street129,

Hey, is it a new manufacturer?  Of the pills that you weighed above?

It's just that the weight difference is more than expected, with your latest batch of 100 mg Trazodone pills.

I don't think it's best to go back to 250 mg now, no.

A lot of people, prior to arrival here have done big cuts like what you did.

And you were doing just fine, apparently, until after your September taper.

street, Are you still working with your last batch of 100 mg pills/tablets for your present doses?

• Moderator Emeritus

And here is the other set of PM's:

(and again, not to be mean, or embarrass you, and I so hope that is not the case)

And then hopefully, you will get more input from Shep, or another moderator soon.  I'll be back later.  I've got another day of busy outside work, and usually am able to post now more in the evenings.

10 hours ago, street129 said:

I was also thinking about another updose as now going on 2 weeks theres no improvement.

I'm at the 77mg  of 435 and if I can updose going slowly it will be 80mg and if no improvement within several weeks get to the final updose to 90mg where I then can do 250mg that my system knows.  

Since everything is already messed and wrong.  does that sound, then hopefully I can stable then we can start at 5% of the 250mg of the trazodone . 

Your thoughts.

38 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

My thoughts are that, if it was me, I would wait to updose to 80 mg.

1 minute ago, street129 said:

today is the worst of my symptoms, for the first time I'm feeling frightful not scared just frightful. I'm shaking like a junkie on and off more than before, I'm having a  headache, and nauseous, I also notice I'm staggering somewhat when I walk.

its the 2nd week at 77mg no improvement as yet.   

I welcome the new updose at 80mg when you tell me to,  I don't know the percentage of 80% that's how bad my math is.  

My manufacture has always been the same in my 4 years on trazodone,  at the same 250mg,  I was told in the begining on this site to check my bottles and make sure the manufacture is always the same, 

I have to go take a stress test in an hour, I don't know how it gonna affect my WD, I keep you updated.

I pick up my new prescription early November I will recheck my bottles.  You have put me on alert and I thank you for that.

I am using my crush pills from the old bash.  Thanks for telling me of the 80mg updose I don't know how much I'm going up to from 435. Can you let me know.

I honestly though you can talk with moderators and get advise from anyone of them, didn't know it was a problem, there's times I see different moderators giving advices.

I will removed the comments, sorry.

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus

It's okay street129.  It's not a problem to talk with more than one moderator.  Not at all.

When you use the @ for someone, they'll see it, and generally respond when they can.

However, we discourage you from using someone else's introduction topic to ask about your specifics.

I just moved that post from a new members topic.  Shep will still see the notification.

And as for me, I'd rather we communicate, right here, not via PM.

I'll do some math later, and can get you the amount you need to weigh out, to increase to an 80 mg dose.

It's not 80%......it will just be an 80 mg dose.

31 minutes ago, street129 said:

I am using my crush pills from the old bash.  Thanks for telling me of the 80mg updose I don't know how much I'm going up to from 435. Can you let me know.

I honestly though you can talk with moderators and get advise from anyone of them, didn't know it was a problem, there's times I see different moderators giving advices.

I will removed the comments, sorry.

Hi Street:

You can talk with any moderator you wish to. Manymoretodays was just saying you need to tag, (example @street129) on your page. The moderators will see your tag and answer you here😊

Hope that helps!

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• Administrator

Hello, @street129, how long have you been "shaking like a junkie"? When did that start?

Did you feel better in July when you were taking 81mgai?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi street,

To get a 80 mg dose, you would need .457 in pill weight.

This is based on the previous 100 mg pill weight average of .564

And now, with your new, as yet unused 100 mg pills, we still are getting a different average weight of .324.

So we will have to recalculate doses based on the new average weight, I think, each time you start with a new refill bottle of 60.  I really can't figure out what else to do about that.

I hope the stress test went well today.

And then there is a question for you above my post too.

And oh, I so hope you got to feeling a bit improved today.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

@manymoretodays

I didn't get my new pills yet.  I'm getting them in early November,

My taper that I was doing with frogie was 10%.  is this a 5% updosed? I just want to be sure no more taking anything for granted and assuming anything, while  looking at my signature frogie had me put  7/26/20   81 mgai

it should be 81mg, instead I said 80mg in error my fault, I'm sorry. 

I will not updose until it's correct, I'm so sorry for this little error, Hopefully  I can get the right updose before Sunday. 

Thank you.

AND

the brassmonkey taper was 5%, thats  where you're getting the .564  I didn't use the 5% that was given.  

I was doing 10% Starting in June 2020,  I never once did the 5%.

I'm not shaking anymore since around 12:00 P.M.today, but the hot skin is a big issue, it never waiver at all today, it intensify regularly, sometime mild, but it goes back  overwhelmingly hot skin on left leg. 

Vision seem a little better during the day today  but need  lots of improvement, and might just become blurred again instead,

I still have muscle weakness all day today and tonight 

sleep is not a problem for me, it's only a problem on the days the warns wakes me up, but  every night at 12:45 a.m. I take .5mg of melatonin I put under the tongue and in 15 minute later I take my 77mg of trazodone  at 1:a.m. then off to sleep.

be well

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus
22 hours ago, street129 said:

@Shep

i was trying to get your attention but I don't know how to get to post to your intro. or is that wrong

Hi, Street. I really don't have a lot of insight to add here, as it looks like Manymoretodays, Frogie, and Alto are all giving you great information and support. 

Unfortunately, navigating an updose is very difficult due to the nature of windows and waves and having to wait to see if symptoms resolve. 

I also think you're dealing with battle fatigue, meaning you're sick and tired of being sick and tired. 

7 hours ago, street129 said:

sleep is not a problem for me, it's only a problem on the days the warns wakes me up, but  every night at 12:45 a.m. I take .5mg of melatonin I put under the tongue and in 15 minute later I take my 77mg of trazodone  at 1:a.m. then off to sleep.

The fact that you're able to sleep is a great sign. Just from reading back a few pages of your intro thread, it seems like poor sleep was a problem earlier on and then melatonin helped. So if you're getting a decent night's sleep now, it sounds like the updose is working, along with the melatonin. Not much else you can do but try and breathe through the daytime symptoms and get as much rest as you can. 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 10/16/2020 at 5:19 PM, street129 said:

Yes i have a lot,  i fill my prescription every month, i dont thing i want to continue taking my fish oil at this time i just want to deal with this  situation only, Your thoughts.

street, here is where you picked up pills this month ^ like you do every month.  I get that.  AND, we need to recalculate doses, when you start using any of the new pills of 100 mg, that NOW seem to give an average weight of .324

You've weighed 3, and then 10, and this new weight is different from the old weight.  But........you have indicated you are not using these pills yet.

This is what you got back in June, for an average weight:

And yes, based on this average weight above,   .457 or 457 mgpw gives you 81 mgai.

Which would be a 5% increase from your present dose of 77 mgai.

well

1 hour ago, manymoretodays said:

street, here is where you picked up pills this month ^ like you do every month.  I get that.  AND, we need to recalculate doses, when you start using any of the new pills of 100 mg, that NOW seem to give an average weight of .324

You've weighed 3, and then 10, and this new weight is different from the old weight.  But........you have indicated you are not using these pills yet.

This is what you got back in June, for an average weight:

And yes, based on this average weight above,   .457 or 457 mgpw gives you 81 mgai.

Which would be a 5% increase from your present dose of 77 mgai.

when i posted  on 10/16/2020 to you on that date I was answering your questions and letting you know that I do still get my trazodone. 

I'm gonna call the pharmacy to get the date of my last pick up and will post it.

My pharmacist said I picked up my  trazodone 250mg  on October 19, 2020.

My next prescription pick up of my trazodone 250mg is 

November 17, 2020 

i have not use the October pills, cause I'm still using crush pills from before.

Do you thing I should calibrate my scale?  Please let me know.

this morning I woke up shaking like yesterday,  still warmed in my back this morning,  my symptoms are worse than the prior month.  as it gets late in this month of October. 

My vision still a little better than 2 days ago.  This morning no change yet in weakness, but I'm not stumbling around like yesterday, weak but steady on my feet today.

I need to get better my daughter and her husband is expecting her first baby in December after many, many years of expensive failed iui's and ivf's,  

As a supervisor on her job thank God she has a great job that was covering those expenses. BUT

I need to be there for her at these time, btw she got pregnant naturally during of all thing covid after all her unexplained infertility.

see how God works, but  I need to be there for my only child.

I have to get better 

AND

Thanks for the new updose

be well

250mg trazodone

@manymoretodays

i found an error I weighed OLD TRAZODONE  of the 5 bunch of 100mg of the trazodone that you wanted 

This is the October bunch of 5 100 pills.  They were in my bedroom, the 

older trazodone is in the kitchen and I  those, 

The October bunch is below

the first bunch is 1.611

the second bunch is 1.631

I'm so, so sorry for that

250mg trazodone

• Administrator
14 hours ago, street129 said:

Vision seem a little better during the day today  but need  lots of improvement, and might just become blurred again instead,

I still have muscle weakness all day today and tonight 

be well

Hello, street.

According to your signature, you've been taking 77mg for 11 days. Have you gradually been feeling better over the last week?

If so, it seems you might have been tapering a little too fast. It might be a good idea now to stop tapering, let your nervous system settle down, and let the withdrawal symptoms go away.

Something to think about: If you got your prescription in 2 50mg tablets per day, you would be able to take 50mg of your daily dose in a 50mg tablet and measure out the rest by crushing or making a liquid from the other 50mg tablet. Your doctor would have to write a prescription for divided doses of 50mg twice a day.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.