street129: hi

street129

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi street!

And so, a couple of decent options for you now.

Look at the one Alto gave and think about doing that.

And then, I think before you do any updosing, or setting up any new capsules, we might just start fresh.

Getting rid of any old crushed tablets or broken tablets altogether.

Then finding one bottle of whole pills.  Getting the average weight, for those pills only,  and then only crushing enough for one week to keep them fresh.

We can tell you what weight will result, in what dose from there.

9 hours ago, street129 said:

The October bunch is below

the first bunch is 1.611

the second bunch is 1.631

Is this what you will be using next, for your doses? And these were all 100 mg(dose) pills?

So I remember you weighed 5 pills in each bunch.

The average weight for those pills then is .324 on your scale, or 324mgpw(for mg of pill weight)

To get your 77 mg dose you would need to see .249 on your scale.

To get a 81 mg dose you would need to see .262 on your scale

(And then @Frogieor @brassmonkey could you just double check my math please, and thankyou B)❤️)

And quit apologizing, you really haven't done anything wrong.  You are not in trouble here, or anything.

Alto just wants to help too, and has given you another way of dosing that you can consider.  And has given some further input or feedback to you.

10 hours ago, street129 said:

I need to get better my daughter and her husband is expecting her first baby in December after many, many years of expensive failed iui's and ivf's,  

As a supervisor on her job thank God she has a great job that was covering those expenses. BUT

I need to be there for her at these time, btw she got pregnant naturally during of all thing covid after all her unexplained infertility.

see how God works, but  I need to be there for my only child.

I have to get better 

That's so exciting then street!!!  Is this your first grandbaby?  You will get better, you are managing really well.

And okay, you are doing better than you think and so sorry to keep drawing you back here, when I know it is sometimes hard to be here, on site, right now.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
none, will post anew.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

street,  I forgot to add,

Also check the battery on your scale.  There should be a warning if it is low.  Something that shows on the screen.

And yes, always a good idea to recalibrate the scale too.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

It's easier for me to follow what we been doing  I dont feel I'm tapering fast. I still need to updose cause nothing is changing. Im stuck 

im totally confused in what your moving on too  [One bottle of whole pills do you mean all 60 pills of 100mg  in the bottle.

Then finding one bottle of whole pills.  Getting the average weight, for those pills only,  and then only crushing enough for one week to keep them fresh.

I was doing the recalibration, everything was going good until it ask for the second calibrate, I don't have two I only have one, so it's not saying PASS should I buy another scale to get the 2nd calibrate,

I will check my scale and  recalibrate to get to see if it changes to .262 or anything close to get my correct 81mg for Sunday.

JOINED THIS BOARD AUGUST 27, 2017

250mg trazodone

250mg   Aug 21, 2017  tapering before I found SA

200mg -  Aug 21, 2017 to Aug 25, 2017 tapering before found SA

225mg -  Aug 26, 2017  updose holding

November 26, 2017. I reinstated my original dose of 250mg  trazodone..planning on holding for a very long time. No more withdrawal

June 14, 2020  at 10% 507  My first start of my trazodone 250mg  taper

6/16/20  90 mgai    7/26/20   81 mgai    9/6/20  72 mg ai 10/17/20- updose to 77 mgai  11/11/20- updose to 81 mgai  

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes.  And that's okay.  You get to decide.  You could tell your doctor that you'd like to get to a lower dose of Trazodone, but you would like to go slowly.  You never know until you ask.  It's your body.  There would be less room for error, with using some liquid and some solid form of Trazodone.

You get 60 total of 100 mg pills every month.  That's a 2 month supply(and a bit more) for the doses, you are at.

I really don't think that updosing, now or later, anywhere close to 250 mg of Trazodone is going to be a miracle cure.  In fact, you could be more sensitive to that much higher dose now.

Did you feel better back in July, when you were on 81 mg?

(and again, getting you on one dose, and having you stay there should result in more stability, more WD stability)

You are not stuck street, honestly, it does look like you have had a few better days overall.

Once you get the average weight from 10 of them, then we are good with the weight, and can calculate the dose from that.

Then you only crush enough of them, for a weeks time to keep them fresh.

Meantime, we have the average weight(from 10 pills) for 60 of them, and you won't have to weigh any whole pills, until you start a new cycle from a new prescription of 60 pills.

I think it's a good idea to get rid of any old crushed pills that you won't be needing anyway, and may have different weights.

That way you are not winding up dosing from different batches of pills. 

Because apparently, there has been a weight variance between batches of pills.

I worked out your doses, from the wieghts of the October pills.  If you want to recalibrate your scale and weigh again, that's fine. 

I always like a recheck of math and so asked Frogie or brassmonkey to do that for me.

Edited by manymoretodays
clarity?

• Moderator Emeritus
39 minutes ago, street129 said:

I will check my scale and  recalibrate to get to see if it changes to .262 or anything close to get my correct 81mg for Sunday.

Don't do that.  You weighed 10 pills total already. 

If you want to once again weigh 10 pills, of 100 mg dose strength, from your October refill,  that's fine.  Then report that weight again.

It's not going to be anywhere close to .262 though.

That is the amount of crushed material you use from that Batch of pills, to get just one dose of 81 mg(ai)

Edited by manymoretodays

ok  I'll  go do over 10 of the 100mg from October bash 

I got 3.251 from October 

250mg trazodone

November 26, 2017. I reinstated my original dose of 250mg  trazodone..planning on holding for a very long time. No more withdrawal

6/16/20  90 mgai    7/26/20   81 mgai    9/6/20  72 mg ai 10/17/20- updose to 77 mgai  11/11/20- updose to 81 mgai  

• Moderator Emeritus

❤️

10 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi street!

And so, a couple of decent options for you now.

Look at the one Alto gave and think about doing that.

And then, I think before you do any updosing, or setting up any new capsules, we might just start fresh.

Getting rid of any old crushed tablets or broken tablets altogether.

Is this what you will be using next, for your doses? And these were all 100 mg(dose) pills?

So I remember you weighed 5 pills in each bunch.

The average weight for those pills then is .324 on your scale, or 324mgpw(for mg of pill weight)

To get your 77 mg dose you would need to see .249 on your scale.

To get a 81 mg dose you would need to see .262 on your scale

(And then @Frogieor @brassmonkey could you just double check my math please, and thankyou B)❤️)

And quit apologizing, you really haven't done anything wrong.  You are not in trouble here, or anything.

Alto just wants to help too, and has given you another way of dosing that you can consider.  And has given some further input or feedback to you.

That's so exciting then street!!!  Is this your first grandbaby?  You will get better, you are managing really well.

And okay, you are doing better than you think and so sorry to keep drawing you back here, when I know it is sometimes hard to be here, on site, right now.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Your calculations are correct😊

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

On 10/27/2020 at 10:51 AM, Frogie said:

Hi Street:

You can talk with any moderator you wish to. Manymoretodays was just saying you need to tag, (example @street129) on your page. The moderators will see your tag and answer you here😊

Hope that helps!

Take care,

Frogie xx

@Frogie thanks frogie, you are very appreciated. Enjoy your weekend.

250mg trazodone

@manymoretodays

so far my blurred vision is the only thing that has change going forward is like 35% than it was at 10% being blurred.

I don't like so much saying it because I might jinks it and it go back to 10%.   {thinking ALOUD}

I  woke up this morning at 10:00 a.m. shaking a little, and also yesterday but decreases by 12:00 p.m.  I had a headache yesterday in the  mid afternoon, it's not there today.  nauseous yesterday morning, but went away as it came.

My focus is heat in my skin is my BIGGEST concern,  I need to get it marginal. I can live with the other WDs but not the heat that's not giving me a sign of going down yet.

the hot skin woke me today, no staggering, but weak muscle is still there like all day yesterday [10/29/20] 

Have a great day and a better day tomorrow.

250mg trazodone

@manymoretodays

I'm holding at 77mg for a third week to see if relief comes. I will not updose on Sunday 11/2/20 as plan, but if no relief at 3rd week at 77mg i will updose and I will hold at 457 at 81mg

While I'm tapering I don't take no vitamin, no supplements no herbal of any kind, I don't drink coffee or any kind of tea. 

I take lots of fruit and veggies along with smoothies daily or as much as I want or when I want. I don't want to to take anything to complicate my taper.

10:00 a.m. heat in upper back this morning still strong, still vision issues with muscle weakness still a problem. I'm also experiencing fatigue, walking very slow. Not normal. Still laying in bed trying to fall back to sleep.

12:30 p.m. ate something

2:45 p.m.  woke from a nap, no improvement of above issues

3:50 p.m.  made a smoothie 

4:35 p.m.  Reading a book in bed

6:49 p.m.   dinner

8:40 p.m.   in bed/relaxing

9:50 p.m.   watching TV/in bed

11:30 p.m.  made vegan cookies/eat

12:41 a.m.   took .5mg melatonin / on laptop

1:00 a.m.      took 77mg trazodone/sleep

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus
On 10/25/2020 at 10:14 AM, street129 said:

I have change how I'm eating, for tapering purposes I'm trying to eat mostly vegan. I have cut out meat.

5 hours ago, street129 said:

While I'm tapering I don't take no vitamin, no supplements no herbal of any kind, I don't drink coffee or any kind of tea. 

Street, when did you start a vegan diet? Without supplements, you may be low on vitamin B12. Please see:

Vitamin B12: essential for mood, nervous system

On 10/31/2020 at 6:28 AM, Shep said:

Street, when did you start a vegan diet? Without supplements, you may be low on vitamin B12. Please see:

Vitamin B12: essential for mood, nervous system

@Shep

Thanks for the link shep, I just started taking meat out of my diet since I'm just 5 months tapering, slowly removing foods as I research and eliminate, I also make milk out of walnut, it's b12.

I will have my Dr check my b12 when I see her in december, I only see her every 3-4 months at a time,

The way I get my trazodone 250mg is through ''my chart'' and I request my refill that way, they go straight to my pharmacy with a 5 month refill, this is how it works in the United States, I'm in NY. Thanks for telling me about b12 and I appreciate your support and will ask my Dr for blood work. Thanks again.

250mg trazodone

@manymoretodays

the very First thing in the morning seems it's now a pathern upon waking up with a rush of hot heat in my back.

5:15 a m.  Heat in  left leg/skin and headache

6;00 a.m.   Fell back to sleep

10;45 a.m.  wake massive headache- took half excedrin

12;15 p.m.  lunch

1;33 p.m.    resting/in bed

3;00 p.m.    snack, muscle weak, off balance, vision stand still at 35% of 100

6;55 p.m.    dinner

8;00 p.m.     warn in skin, not bearable, shaking a little off and off

9;45 p.m.    stop shaking, in bed laying down watching TV

10;13 p.m.  smoothie fruits/greens

11;00 p.m.  laptop

11;38 p.m.  .5mg melatonin

12;00 a.m. 77mg trazodone/ sleep - clock went backward, if the time did not go backwards it would have been 1am, I have to do  this every year.

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus
13 hours ago, street129 said:

@Shep

Thanks for the link shep, I just started taking meat out of my diet since I'm just 5 months tapering, slowly removing foods as I research and eliminate, I also make milk out of walnut, it's b12.

Street, do you mean you've been a vegan for the past 5 months and you haven't used supplements? Please let us know what you find out about your B12 levels. 

I was a vegetarian for 32 years prior to withdrawal but had to switch back to eating meat because I couldn't take supplements at the time. I'm not saying you should do what I did, just that not everyone is able to manage a vegetarian or vegan diet without supplements. Just a thought. I'd hate to see you struggle if some dietary changes could make some improvements for you. 

You can always go back to being vegan after you heal. 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 10/28/2020 at 12:22 PM, Altostrata said:

Something to think about: If you got your prescription in 2 50mg tablets per day, you would be able to take 50mg of your daily dose in a 50mg tablet and measure out the rest by crushing or making a liquid from the other 50mg tablet. Your doctor would have to write a prescription for divided doses of 50mg twice a day.

Hi street,

You had expressed some confusion about this option in your last PM.

And so, I will try to explain it to you here.

You would take one 50 mg tablet each day, and then you would use another 50 mg tablet to make a liquid out of.

With the liquid portion, you would measure out, in an oral syringe exactly what you needed to get the extra Trazodone to make your full dose of 77 mg or 81 mg.

So, one 50 mg pill, and then either 27 mg or 31 mg of liquid each night.

And then here is the main link on tapering Trazodone too, I see it way back in this topic, your topic, your Introduction right here. 

So, I'll give it to you again to look at.  All kinds of options for tapering are there.

Tips for tapering off trazodone(Desyrel)

So......some improvement with vision issues?  Correct me if I'm wrong please.

And the shakiness continues, as does the heat/burning skin sensations. 

And the toughest symptom right now to deal with, is the burning skin sensations.

And I did see where you would HOLD another week at 77 mg of Trazodone.

Definitely one of your less active days in your last Note above.

Keep on moving toward feeling better, with less symptoms.......at least in your hopes.  WD can be so tough sometimes.  You are being a trooper!  I want you to feel capable and confident before that new grand baby comes.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi again

And so sorry, forgot to mention that:

You could also just do another option of taking one whole 50 mg tablet each night, and then using the second 50 mg tablet(crushed contents) for the rest of the dose needed.

Then you would only have to weigh out the remaining 27 mg dose, or 31 mg dose, to add to the 50 mg tablet taken whole.

A lot less room for error that way too.

And okay, on getting a new scale, if that is how you want to proceed now, street.  It sounded like you might have ordered one in your last PM.  That's fine.

Have a really good election day today!  The sun is out here.  My ballot is in.  And........wishing for a more peaceful country, with good health.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

@Shep

Thanks for your imput on the meat, and any imput on tapering is welcome.
I appreciate the help and support that is needed in my taper from one and all that has been through this and has come through and has seen the light.

My challenge is I'm not good with math, or percentage, why my tapering was a mess.

I decided to change my eating ways within a month after my initial tapering.

I make chicken nuggets out of mushroom,  I cook wild rice, I make pancake from spelt flour and has not yet eliminate fish. I'm still researching and asking Dr for blookwork in  December.

I definitely need to updose to 81mg from 77mg real soon, stability is no where in site.

I started on a wrong dose when I started my taper in June 2020 and a lovely moderator Ms manymoretodays was kind enough to show me how I'm tapering less than my 250mg of my trazodone, and maybe thats why I'm not settling down, it's seem WD is worst on a daily basis. Back in October 2020 as I started feeling Wd of heat I should have go back to my original dose of 250mg. This heat I would not wish on anybody.

My thinking is,  if no stability  I'd updose 5% two weeks at a time, till I can get to the dose I started with which is 90mg and stay there and hope for stability.Once achieve stability at 90 mg which is the beginning of my wrong taper.I want to proceed at my correct doses from 5% of 250mg of trazodone. how does it sound to you. Those this sound crazy?    Does any of this make sense?

In 2017 I went back to 250mg after 3 months with bad WD and within 4 days I was back to normal, and I'm trying again in 2020, but also my mg was wrong.
Someone back in 2015 went back to their original dose and started over within 2 months getting WD and got stable on 50mg of trazodone before going back to 150mg their original dose then started their taper over.

Because of my huge lost of 150mg that was not in my beginning taper when I started I don't thing I'm gonna ever get better if I don't start at a reduction of 5% my original drug 250mg trazodone.

I'm on other prescriptions drugs, my think is that changing how I eat will help me eliminate these added drugs which would help me to deal and focus on just my drug that I'm tapering.

My list of my prescribe drugs is as follows

1. Rosuvastation tablets 20mg 1 a day

{Cholesterol}

2.  Nifedipine 60mg  1 a day

{High blood pressure}

3.  Ergocalciferol  1.25mg  1 pill a week

{calcium}

4.    Aspirin  81mg. 1 a day

At this time, I have discontinued taking these drugs, upon eating differently of the greasy food and Burger King.

I have many allergies To drugs other non-drug

1.  Penicillin

2.   Erythromycin

3.   And latex from the high blood pressure cuff

I break out in hives from Penicillin

and I itches all over from Erythromycin and latex.
I'm very sensitive.

250mg trazodone

I got

18 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi street,

You had expressed some confusion about this option in your last PM.

And so, I will try to explain it to you here.

You would take one 50 mg tablet each day, and then you would use another 50 mg tablet to make a liquid out of.

With the liquid portion, you would measure out, in an oral syringe exactly what you needed to get the extra Trazodone to make your full dose of 77 mg or 81 mg.

So, one 50 mg pill, and then either 27 mg or 31 mg of liquid each night.

And then here is the main link on tapering Trazodone too, I see it way back in this topic, your topic, your Introduction right here. 

So, I'll give it to you again to look at.  All kinds of options for tapering are there.

Tips for tapering off trazodone(Desyrel)

So......some improvement with vision issues?  Correct me if I'm wrong please.

And the shakiness continues, as does the heat/burning skin sensations. 

And the toughest symptom right now to deal with, is the burning skin sensations.

And I did see where you would HOLD another week at 77 mg of Trazodone.

Definitely one of your less active days in your last Note above.

Keep on moving toward feeling better, with less symptoms.......at least in your hopes.  WD can be so tough sometimes.  You are being a trooper!  I want you to feel capable and confident before that new grand baby comes.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

@manymoretodays 

OFF ORIGINAL TOPIC

You have explained it very well. I would like to do this as my pill get smaller.

I got my new scale yesterday, just like the one everyone has on here and it has cost a great deal and continuing at this time with the scale is best for me. 

The trazodone link that you sent was an interesting find, appreciate it, ALSO

I read someone post yesterday, they said back in 2015 that they tried jumping at 25mg, and got WD went back to 25mg no change did 50mg and was better but they also said couple of months later, they went back to their original mg of 150 and started over, 

Nothing is getting better for me just worse day and night. This heat I won't wish it on anyone.

I will updose at 5% every 2-3 weeks if no improvement still don't comes to me,  my next updose is Sunday11/8/20 at 81mg and if no change I will updose 5% of 81mg. 

once I hit the 90mg the starting dose of that 100mg and no stability still, I need to do a 5% off of my original 250mg of trazodone that I been taking for 4 years and I go from there.

it's my error that I made when I started tapering,  I'm am taking full responsibility in this, and will deal with what comes with it, of cause with your help and your guidance.

I appreciate you

250mg trazodone

@manymoretodays

5:23 a.m. woke with tummy pain, heat in back/leg, shaking, brain fog,nauseous, breakout in face with pimples. My Heart is racing faster than normal. 

At this point this morning im uncertain about what is happening to me,

I need encouragement. Sitting shaking in the dark emotional from  uncertainties.

6:35 a.m.  lay back down in bed, heart racing fast quiet down a bit, shaking is now at a minimal, my emotions are up and down, nauseousness is on and off

It seems like these things that is happening to me ramps up in waking up in the morning.

7:00 a.m. a slight headache, getting nauseous again, weeping, heat in back, feeling weakness. tummy still hurting, shaking returned fully. I wanted to take .5mg melotonin but it will not help me sleep, I'm wishing for sleep but I'm just shaking.

250mg trazodone

@manymoretodays

Wanted to add to my previous post it won't let me

7:25 a.m. I took .5mg melotonin anyway to see if I will sleep through my shaking.

Emotions up and down

I have a cold sore, this comes out when under stress. I need some kind of ointment for the cold sore.

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi street,  .....and I spy a new avatar.  I am sending encouragement.  And hope you got back to sleep.  If I were you, I would try getting your screen time in well before bedtime.  Screens can and do contribute to poor or interrupted sleep and cortisol awakenings.                                             And oh so glad that you have noted additional drugs that you take.  Would you plug them in the interactions checker at Drugs.com please?  And then copy and paste here if you can.  Oh street, it's never a good idea to abruptly discontinue a drug or prescription.  I noted you said you had just stopped them.  Perhaps that contributed to your rough night, early morning.                                                 Editing for members is only possible for one hour after posting.  That's probably why you could not add to your previous post.  At least they are in order, one following the first.               I am replying from my droid this a.m.  And so will return later on my desktop.  I do have some additional thoughts to share based on your recent posts.                                         And here is more encouragement!  ((((((street))))))                                       L, P, H, and G   mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
Spacing

• Moderator Emeritus
On 11/3/2020 at 4:28 PM, street129 said:

The trazodone link that you sent was an interesting find, appreciate it, ALSO

I read someone post yesterday, they said back in 2015 that they tried jumping at 25mg, and got WD went back to 25mg no change did 50mg and was better but they also said couple of months later, they went back to their original mg of 150 and started over, 

Nothing is getting better for me just worse day and night. This heat I won't wish it on anyone.

I will updose at 5% every 2-3 weeks if no improvement still don't comes to me,  my next updose is Sunday11/8/20 at 81mg and if no change I will updose 5% of 81mg. 

once I hit the 90mg the starting dose of that 100mg and no stability still, I need to do a 5% off of my original 250mg of trazodone that I been taking for 4 years and I go from there.

street,

This was what I found interesting.  Do you think that overall, you have gotten worse since the updose? 

If that's the case then going up, or going anywhere near that dose of 4 months ago, is not the answer.  Sometimes less is more. 

And then you have made some other changes as well, to your other medications abruptly.

How is your blood pressure?

I do want you to go to Drugs.com and get your other prescriptions, along with the Trazodone plugged in there. I want you to feel empowered and confident going forward, and I think that might be a good beginning.

We are a site for tapering, not re-medicating, as I think you must be aware of. 

And Trazodone is an icky drug, overall.  You did see how it actually can increase "anxiety" and headaches.  And it can have interactions with lots of other drugs. 

You were doing fairly well weren't you, when you were on 81 mg of Trazodone?   I know we asked you that a couple of times.  That would have been back in July and August.

So I'm just not understanding why you would even consider going up to 250 mg again.   That would be taking a huge risk, in my opinion.  We tend to get a lot more sensitive, to these drugs, when we are bouncing around on dosages.  I just really think you will find your sweet spot soon, if not on the 77 mg, perhaps on the 81 mg dose.  Or even possibly back on the 72 mg. 

And in the meantime, I'm just wanting to be sure that your measurements are accurate and you've been really helpful in that regard.

How did today go?

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
additional re: interactions check, using Drugs.com

I will get back on here either later today or tomorrow to reply and do the request of me that you asked.

It's 11:45 a.m. with the symptoms I now develope brain fog and hard to concentrate on a timely manner. 

i have diarrhea and im on my way to my appointment for today.

this morning less nausea,  heat in back/leg, blurred vision 38% out of 100,  cold sore, shaking, but not as bad like days pass,  and still weak muscles.

250mg trazodone

8:15 a.m.  tummy pain, slight headache, diarrhea, heat leg/back, blurred vision 38 % of a 100,  cold sore, treating with orajel, but hives are stubborn this time around in not dissolving, would buy another cold sore ointment,  not steady on my feet, muscle weakness.

I had to change the names of my 4 drugs, because they are all posted with generic names as I was trying to do the drugs interactions the names that I posted are not in the drug interaction name.

These 4 drugs in years while was prescribe for me, I have never took them on a daily basis, even thou I'm suppose to. Some times it would be weeks before I take any even months,

I hardly take the aspirin 81mg and don't remember when last I did. My Dr would remind me to take them daily, especially when she sees my pressure. I think these pills are dangerous and the less I use them the better for my system, there got to be a better way to controll so I can get rid of these pills by the change in what I eat.

I'm interesting to read the interaction with these 4 drugs also.

This first one is WOW!  high blood pressure pill,

I have not taken my pressure pill in over 2-3 months, but in the pass years I have taken them more but not every day, one day here, then another within that week only. For all my pills.

I appreciate you for the way you work and is helping people, it makes getting to the end of the drugs one less struggle.

procarbazine  traZODone

Applies to: procarbazine and trazodone

Using procarbazine together with traZODone is not recommended. Combining these medications can increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Severe cases may result in coma and even death. In general, you should wait at least 14 days after stopping procarbazine before you start treatment with traZODone. Conversely, if you have recently been on traZODone and are now starting treatment with procarbazine, you should check with your doctor or pharmacist to see how long you should wait before it is safe for you to use procarbazine, as some medications can take a while to clear from your body. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

I didn't find any for bayer,  crestor,  or drisdol, these are the original names of my drugs.

Generic are for bayers, aspirin 81mg,   

for crestor Rosuvastation tablets 20mg 

for drisdol calcium once a week,

10:15 a.m.  Breakfast

At 12 p.m I have therapy on my torn hip, really not up to this. 

250mg trazodone

• Administrator

street, what is causing the hives? Do they get worse at any particular times of day?

Do your symptoms follow any daily pattern?  Please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms throughout the day. Post 24 hours of notes at a time in this topic, in a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom or drug and dosage) on the right. This can show if your symptoms are adverse effects from one of your drugs.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

@manymoretodays

7:27 a.m. woke from a rush of heat in my back, tummy pain that i develop over the pass 2 weeks, Nauseous little bit, shaking slighty. no diarrhea.

I Will be back with complete notes of the day later tonight.

Saying going back up to my original dose 250mg was because I felt like I still have more from the other amount in my system. lol sound crazy right, but who knows. lol  I needed someone on their opinion on it.

As I started to taper at the beginning  of taper at 90mg  and 81mg everything was pretty good, there was no WD's,  but as I hit 72mg, WD hit.

8:09 a.m.  I want to go back to sleep, but the heat is just in my back making it impossible.

8:30 a.m. Diarrhea came back.

250mg trazodone

hives is from my first dose of penicillin real earlier back in my life. I can't take any drug that ends in ''cine''  or any related drugs. 
Yes same pattern to me, on a daily, once I wake.

250mg trazodone

9:00 a.m.  steady heat in back/leg not getting a break. feeling very emotional
10:00 a.m. headache

11:45 a.m  ate

12:45 p.m. urgent care - cold sore spreading, [this is new]  got prescription for 2 time a day.  OTC medication I have was only for pain in the area. [I didn't know]
3:30 p.m. pick up new prescription 250mg trazodone and cold sore script

4:45 p.m   trying to relax

6:55 p.m.  dinner

8:35 p.m   blurred vision,   massive headache will take a half excedrin, fatigue, steady heat did not lift from earlier
9:45 pm.   Trying to relax in bed, it's very difficult

10:25 p.m. sitting in rocker, longing for relief from heat

11:10 p.m. head feel full fog like

11:45 p.m.  .5mg melotonin

12:00 a.m. 77mg trazodone,  will sit in rocker to fall asleep

250mg trazodone

@manymoretodays

It's 5:15 a.m. the heat in my back woke me, I fell asleep in my rocker, I'm shaking more than ever, I'm very nauseous, my head feels full, blurred vision, headache

I'm kinda afraid I'm not getting enough sleep on a daily.

I live alone and I'm sitting here very unsure. Why am I getting more and more sicker,  I'm very emotional cause I can't figure this WD stuff. 
I will do a 5% updose tonight,11/8/20, at 81mg of trazodone hoping for steadiness sometime soon.
I understand that going to 250mg is a terrible idea and I will not do  that. Thanks for your thoughts on that.

you have mention screen time, what is screen time?

5:50 a.m. I took a .5mg of melotonin hopefully I can fall back to sleep. I'm sitting in the dark. I need a little guidance or any imput, that sometimes help to feel ok,  if not better. 

I appreciate your every thoughts/suggestions that always helps with solutions.

6:37 a.m. Nauseousness  increased. I'm still awake, headache 

I know you're taking care of you at ever turn and hoping your weekend is going as plan. Be well.

250mg trazodone

@Shep

I like different of opinions from other moderators, so I just would like to know if it would be bad of me wanting to updose my trazodone from 77mg after 3 weeks at that dose, with no improvement.  A month and 2 weeks prior I was at 72mg  with no improvement.

My symptoms are heat constantly in my back, at first when i started to taper from 90mg and 81mg I had no wd,  at 72mg wd came gradually, at that point I wanted to updose, I stayed  for a month and 2 weeks with no improvement, so at that point I did an updose to 77mg,  at 77mg it's very bad, worse than at 72mg 

Im now having  constance heat in my back,  brain fog head feels full,  fatigue, on and off headache, on and on shakes, weakness in muscle, off and on nauseous. Blurred vision went down from 38% out of 100 to 20%.   I just want some kind of relief.
Every morning heat in my back wakes me up, I'm only getting 5 hours of sleep.

I hope I'm not asking for your opinion that you can't help me with, I'm really lose and feeling sad. 

I'm starting to feel alone follow by being afraid.

I want to updose 5% of my only drug to 81mg tonight hoping to see things turn around for me.  I'm thinking an updose might settle things down, I'm not going back to my original dose, at 250mg @manymoretodaysexplain it to me that would not be wise, and I got it and appreciate her wise words.

If I can get a little imput from you on my situation, I might not be better but I will feel ok.

I am not american so expressing myself better is hard for me,  but I wish I can.

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi street,

Are you on Procarbazine now?  And for what condition, if you don't mind saying?  It's a cancer fighting medication.

I was able to get everything in the Drug Interaction Report okay:

And so, here is one, without the Procarbazine:  Drugs.com, Drug Interactions

Looks like you did one too, with the Trazodone and Procarbazine.  Good job.

You can use that site whenever you need to, to check on new prescriptions too, and read up on them.  There's a box at the top you can use for that.

So, you got a medication for the cold sore now.  I'm hoping it is just something you apply to your skin.

You are also allergic to Penicillin.  You need to let doctors and prescribers' know this.  And your records are usually flagged/marked clearly with this information.

5 hours ago, street129 said:

I live alone and I'm sitting here very unsure. Why am I getting more and more sicker,  I'm very emotional cause I can't figure this WD stuff. 
I will do a 5% updose tonight,11/8/20, at 81mg of trazodone hoping for steadiness sometime soon.
I understand that going to 250mg is a terrible idea and I will not do  that. Thanks for your thoughts on that.

you have mention screen time, what is screen time?

5:50 a.m. I took a .5mg of melotonin hopefully I can fall back to sleep. I'm sitting in the dark. I need a little guidance or any imput, that sometimes help to feel ok,  if not better. 

I appreciate your every thoughts/suggestions that always helps with solutions.

6:37 a.m. Nauseousness  increased. I'm still awake, headache 

I know you're taking care of you at ever turn and hoping your weekend is going as plan. Be well.

The getting emotional is a common WD symptom street.   We call them neuroemotions.

Neuro-emotions

street, I feel okay about you going to 81 mg of the Trazodone tonight.  I do. 

Screen time refers to computer time, time in front of the television, and even time with a cellphone or notepad.  When you spend too much time in front of screens right before bedtime, for some, it disrupts sleep.  It looks like you might have gotten 5 hours of sleep before you woke up again and that is good.  And then a little more after waking up.

Is there any other medical condition you have now that might relate to the heat in your back coming and going?  It is also a WD symptom for some, but I just wanted to check. 

Then just stay with updates, like the last one you did here.  You did good with that one, just a little run over into another post, but that was okay.

It's just a good picture,  for us, to see how the updose affects you, and to see how your symptoms come in regard to when you take your trazodone.

And you ARE doing okay with language.  You are expressing yourself better.

I can be confusing to understand sometimes too, street.  I think we all work at improving our written communication here.

I'm doing okay with my "self care" and all street.  Thanks for always asking after me.  That's nice.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

On 11/9/2020 at 3:21 AM, manymoretodays said:

Hi street,

Are you on Procarbazine now?  And for what condition, if you don't mind saying?  It's a cancer fighting medication.

I was able to get everything in the Drug Interaction Report okay:

And so, here is one, without the Procarbazine:  Drugs.com, Drug Interactions

Looks like you did one too, with the Trazodone and Procarbazine.  Good job.

You can use that site whenever you need to, to check on new prescriptions too, and read up on them.  There's a box at the top you can use for that.

So, you got a medication for the cold sore now.  I'm hoping it is just something you apply to your skin.

You are also allergic to Penicillin.  You need to let doctors and prescribers' know this.  And your records are usually flagged/marked clearly with this information.

The getting emotional is a common WD symptom street.   We call them neuroemotions.

Neuro-emotions

street, I feel okay about you going to 81 mg of the Trazodone tonight.  I do. 

Screen time refers to computer time, time in front of the television, and even time with a cellphone or notepad.  When you spend too much time in front of screens right before bedtime, for some, it disrupts sleep.  It looks like you might have gotten 5 hours of sleep before you woke up again and that is good.  And then a little more after waking up.

Is there any other medical condition you have now that might relate to the heat in your back coming and going?  It is also a WD symptom for some, but I just wanted to check. 

Then just stay with updates, like the last one you did here.  You did good with that one, just a little run over into another post, but that was okay.

It's just a good picture,  for us, to see how the updose affects you, and to see how your symptoms come in regard to when you take your trazodone.

And you ARE doing okay with language.  You are expressing yourself better.

I can be confusing to understand sometimes too, street.  I think we all work at improving our written communication here.

I'm doing okay with my "self care" and all street.  Thanks for always asking after me.  That's nice.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

@manymoretodays

"I click on the wrong link, I don't take cancer meds. That's a big error on my part''.

So, you got a medication for the cold sore now.
"I'm now getting a cold, and I really don't want to have to take OTC meds.  So far I bought robitussin and I look up the interaction with my drug, see the results below.
I took less than a teaspoon last night before I did the drug interaction.
I will find something else to buy, but I will first take pics of some meds, then come home and do the interaction, I don't want to spend money and can't use if the interaction gave a bad reading.
I  goggle with Chloraseptic for sore throat.
I'm flushing my nostril with drug-free simple Saline''.

dextromethorphan  traZODone

Applies to: Robitussin Cough + Chest Congestion DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin), trazodone

Using dextromethorphan together with traZODone can increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, incoordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Severe cases may result in coma and even death

Morning, I never updose on Sunday 11/8/20, as I plan too. During the night on that date the heat in my back felt bearable and I took the 77mg of my original trazodoe instead. 

For 3 days the heat was at a relief point, I don't know if that was a wave, also those 3 night I slept longer wake at 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. without the rush of heat waking me up at  5 a.m.

As of right now the heat in my back is returning slowly, it's noticeable,  I don't know if it has anything to do with me taking the robitussin last night,  where as Sunday-Tuesday it was ok.  At this stage I really don't know what to do bout my updose, I will monitor the heat going forward.

For those 3 days, I was not nauseous, I had no headache,  I was not shaking,

I still have muscle weakness, fatigue, blurred vision, and I still had heat in my left leg that was bearable for the first 2 days but not yesterday, 11/10/20.

I will continue to monitor the heat in my back and the sorority as the days goes along.

Edited by ChessieCat
removed name

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi street,

And that's okay, it sounds like you were doing pretty good.  And then some upper respiratory symptoms hit.

Any yay!  You used the interaction checker, and minimized using Robitussin.  I am proud of you.  Yes, that might have thrown things off a little.

Thank goodness too, no Cancer......sheesh, street, you had me worried.  I......hate......Cancer.

Enough said on that.

And okay, look at:

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Withdrawal Normal

You may be stabilizing street!

Don't forget some Notes/symptom logs, you were doing okay with those.

On 11/6/2020 at 1:54 PM, Altostrata said:

Do your symptoms follow any daily pattern?  Please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms throughout the day. Post 24 hours of notes at a time in this topic, in a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom or drug and dosage) on the right. This can show if your symptoms are adverse effects from one of your drugs.

Good going street.  Nice update.  Thank you.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

@manymoretodays

Those days of less heat in my back is increasing rapidly, my head feels full like it's gonna exploded, fatigue,  i have a headache, blurred vision, felling emotional again. I wish I had company to help with distraction

The link that you sent me show how many people that was her back in 2012-13-15, before me was not feeling good and went back to their original does within 2-3 months at a time, some even at 200mg, and felt better.

It's the middle of the week 11/11/20, I will updose at 81mg tonight,  I dont know if it has anything to do with the cold medicine I took last night. It's 3 weeks and 3 days holding, not stabilizing. I don't want to really but I want to see, can I get to begin some kind of stable. I know you said it was ok to do.  I will post. I have to watch to see how it goes. I gonna need you at this junction because this is rough with uncertainties.
TV is off.

I might hold off and stay at 77mg for tonight to see if the heat wake me in the morning, as for right now I want to hold, as the night goes on I will see what I will do, I needed you to know in advance.

When doing up dose and there's no one to hold your hand at home it can be a little scary. Asking Lord to be by my side amen.

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus

((((((street129))))))

Keep us updated, okay?  I'm always floating around here.