street129: hi

street129

• Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations street129!  A 2 week old grandbaby, how great.  And oh, I am glad they are all doing well now, even with the baby coming a month early.

Thanks for the dermatologist update.  And I am wondering a little if the heat is due to something else than WD, especially when it is in your back.  So keep me updated.

You are a trooper.  And my fingers are crossed that you will have lessening symptoms all around and great, restorative sleep.

Best, L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

On 12/11/2020 at 4:56 PM, manymoretodays said:

Congratulations street129!  A 2 week old grandbaby, how great.  And oh, I am glad they are all doing well now, even with the baby coming a month early.

Thanks for the dermatologist update.  And I am wondering a little if the heat is due to something else than WD, especially when it is in your back.  So keep me updated.

You are a trooper.  And my fingers are crossed that you will have lessening symptoms all around and great, restorative sleep.

Best, L, P, H, and G,

mmt

@manymoretodays

Thanks on the baby, I had the heat when I tried tapering in 2017 and went back to my original dose and immediately it was gone, I now wish I have done it once you had told me there was a huge difference in my pill while tapering.  

Tonight as I took my pill at 12:00 a.m. I fell asleep for about 20 minutes from more heat than ever before and it 3:10a.m. and cannot sleep. 
I believe it was September when the heat came slowly. I'm a very patient person. This seems never ending.

My thoughts is to updose at 10%  of the 81mg to 100mg the dose I never started at, and take a 100mg whole pill with it,  to gave me 200mg of my trazodone,

or a 100mg pill with the 81mg instead to gave me 180mg. Would I get some bad reaction or something for doing this, and this is not wise.

I want to try something at this point, you have experience and know what's best at this time, but did you do anything as crazy as this, cause I need a word from you.
I did had coffee in the day, I need to put it out there and had couple lozengels for mucus that keep getting in my throat, I don't know if I was getting a cold. There's no runny nose, no coughing, just mucus in my throat. 

It's now minutes to 4:00a.m. I'm gonna take .50mg of melotonin and hope I can fall back to sleep. Here goes.

Have a great week

JOINED THIS BOARD AUGUST 27, 2017

250mg trazodone

250mg   Aug 21, 2017  tapering before I found SA

200mg -  Aug 21, 2017 to Aug 25, 2017 tapering before found SA

225mg -  Aug 26, 2017  updose holding

November 26, 2017. I reinstated my original dose of 250mg  trazodone..planning on holding for a very long time. No more withdrawal

June 14, 2020  at 10% 507  My first start of my trazodone 250mg  taper

6/16/20  90 mgai    7/26/20   81 mgai    9/6/20  72 mg ai 10/17/20- updose to 77 mgai  11/11/20- updose to 81 mgai  

@manymoretodays

Hi just checking in after I talk to you in the wee hours last night to gave you an update what is going on with me, after I took the .5mg melatonin, I fell asleep, but at 7:30a.m. I was waken by the heat in my back and stomach also. Should I get a consult on my situation. 
I sleep with my fan on to keep my bedroom cold, NY is cold  it's 30 degrees.

I'm panicking, please don't leave me.  Thank you in advance

250mg trazodone

November 26, 2017. I reinstated my original dose of 250mg  trazodone..planning on holding for a very long time. No more withdrawal

6/16/20  90 mgai    7/26/20   81 mgai    9/6/20  72 mg ai 10/17/20- updose to 77 mgai  11/11/20- updose to 81 mgai  

Hi!

I just wanted to stop by and say congratulations on becoming a grandma.

Hope you’re doing ok.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 12/14/2020 at 1:46 AM, street129 said:

@manymoretodays

I believe it was September when the heat came slowly. I'm a very patient person. This seems never ending.

My thoughts is to updose at 10%  of the 81mg to 100mg the dose I never started at, and take a 100mg whole pill with it,  to gave me 200mg of my trazodone,

or a 100mg pill with the 81mg instead to gave me 180mg. Would I get some bad reaction or something for doing this, and this is not wise.

I want to try something at this point, you have experience and know what's best at this time, but did you do anything as crazy as this, cause I need a word from you.
I did had coffee in the day, I need to put it out there and had couple lozengels for mucus that keep getting in my throat, I don't know if I was getting a cold. There's no runny nose, no coughing, just mucus in my throat. 

It's now minutes to 4:00a.m. I'm gonna take .50mg of melotonin and hope I can fall back to sleep. Here goes.

Have a great week

On 12/14/2020 at 5:42 AM, street129 said:

Hi just checking in after I talk to you in the wee hours last night to gave you an update what is going on with me, after I took the .5mg melatonin, I fell asleep, but at 7:30a.m. I was waken by the heat in my back and stomach also. Should I get a consult on my situation. 
I sleep with my fan on to keep my bedroom cold, NY is cold  it's 30 degrees.

I'm panicking, please don't leave me.  Thank you in advance

Hi street,

And okay, how have the rest of your nights gone?  As far as sleeping goes, and the middle of the night panics?

What was in the lozengels?  Do you usually have one coffee in the day?

And that's generally how melatonin will work, it will get one to sleep, but may not guarantee a long stretch of sleep, like the at least 6,7, or 8 hours that our bodies deserve of the good restorative sleep.

I don't think you need further consultation on the heat flashes that tend to be in your back and stomach.  You've checked in with a dermatologist.  And they found a lump or node in your back, is that correct?  Did they tell you what they concluded that it was?  Sometimes there are just fatty nodes, and other things.  I had just wondered what they concluded.  Did they biopsy some tissue, or do any blood work?

And so you have had some further consultation already on the burning sensations or heat in your back.

And then you can see that others have had a similar symptom too:
Paresthesia: pins and needles, numbness, tingling, burning sensations aka neuropathy

And no, I don't think that you need to to updose a little, and then updose to 200 mg of trazadone.  I don't think that is the answer or solution right now, or even later.  I don't think that will take away your WDsymptoms that have set in or completely reverse them.

However, we might begin to entertain the idea of a slight updose again.  A small percentage increase from the present 81 mg dose of trazodone you are on.  I, personally, would want to see some daily NOTES first, that would indicate a need for this.  And I also advocate for the HOLD for the Holidays idea.  Unfortunately, if not due to extra holiday stress, then the current decrease in daytlight is often hard on most, during WDsyndrome.  And you have this going on. 

You know street, it's possible that when Springtime comes around again, that you might be asking about doing further tapers or reductions in the trazodone.

And no, you are not alone here.  Not abandoned.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

6 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi street,

And okay, how have the rest of your nights gone?  As far as sleeping goes, and the middle of the night panics?

What was in the lozengels?  Do you usually have one coffee in the day?

And that's generally how melatonin will work, it will get one to sleep, but may not guarantee a long stretch of sleep, like the at least 6,7, or 8 hours that our bodies deserve of the good restorative sleep.

I don't think you need further consultation on the heat flashes that tend to be in your back and stomach.  You've checked in with a dermatologist.  And they found a lump or node in your back, is that correct?  Did they tell you what they concluded that it was?  Sometimes there are just fatty nodes, and other things.  I had just wondered what they concluded.  Did they biopsy some tissue, or do any blood work?

And so you have had some further consultation already on the burning sensations or heat in your back.

And then you can see that others have had a similar symptom too:
Paresthesia: pins and needles, numbness, tingling, burning sensations aka neuropathy

And no, I don't think that you need to to updose a little, and then updose to 200 mg of trazadone.  I don't think that is the answer or solution right now, or even later.  I don't think that will take away your WDsymptoms that have set in or completely reverse them.

However, we might begin to entertain the idea of a slight updose again.  A small percentage increase from the present 81 mg dose of trazodone you are on.  I, personally, would want to see some daily NOTES first, that would indicate a need for this.  And I also advocate for the HOLD for the Holidays idea.  Unfortunately, if not due to extra holiday stress, then the current decrease in daytlight is often hard on most, during WDsyndrome.  And you have this going on. 

You know street, it's possible that when Springtime comes around again, that you might be asking about doing further tapers or reductions in the trazodone.

And no, you are not alone here.  Not abandoned.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

@manymoretodays

Its always a pleasure to hear from you, your posts always cheer me up even thou my WDs are bad.

They were zing lozengels, I didn't read the ingredience, but I throw them out, I know that coffee is not good while tapering so I'm stopping drinking coffee, I don't drink tea cause I don't like it. when I have to go out I am now buying apple cider, but not so much oranges juice. 

You are right about an update on what's it's like for me on a daily. I do the notes on the hour at night when I wake up wake to see how the next night will be, thanks for notes.

12/15/20- tuesday- i went to bed at 12:00 a.m. and at 1:40a.m.  I was awaken by the heat, and I never got back to sleep, when I try to sleep the heat is now not going away it's in my back, always been in my leg and in 2 days now im noticing the heat starting in my stomach, the heat in my stomach goes and come. 

I'm trying to hang in there but WD at this time is worst than at 77mg.   81mg is worst than the months of September, October and November. I believe I had felt good at that instance at 77mg as I was going to updose that night to 81mg,  I didn't knew for sure, what I was feeling but for a second I had no heat, then it came back and I panic and wanted to do the updose to 81mg immediately hoping for relief, but I'm haven't  got any relief at 81mg.

12/16/20
9:28a.m.  received fed-ex package 
I ordered online raise and grass-fed beef, grass-fed lamb, pastured pork and pastured poultry.  Price was steep, I'm eating smart for now.

9:50a.m  went to staple, needed to print.

10:33a.m   had breakfast

12:00pm   eye check up. one eye cloudy, increase from January 2020. Dr will see me in 6 months she's watching the eye.

2:48 p.m. lunch smoothie, sandwish

3;58 p.m.  took a package back to UPS dropoff station

5;00 p.m, I'm noticing within the back with the heat it's still there but it calms down then gets full blast. 

5:57 p.m put food on to cook 

6:30 p.m. heat in back is still there but calm not as strong, I want to watch it for some days to see what's gonna on.

6:57 p.m  heat in back just got a little strong than at 6:30p.m

7:10 p.m. dinner

I did a sonogram, I will see her on the 23rd of December for the results, then I will know what the sonogram read and if she would need to operate.

Thanks for the links it will gave me something to do/read

A little secret of mines, I get depressed around birthdays, thanksgiving, christmas, and especially the new years.

You are appreciated

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus
7 minutes ago, street129 said:

A little secret of mines, I get depressed around birthdays, thanksgiving, christmas, and especially the new years.

I find Christmas and the new year stressful.  So many people think that everyone should be happy at this time of the year, but the older I have got the more people who I know or hear about who feel the same way.  The reason I am telling you this is so that you don't add guilt to the way you feel because you think that you should feel happy when you don't

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

12 hours ago, Frogie said:

Hi!

I just wanted to stop by and say congratulations on becoming a grandma.

Hope you’re doing ok.

Take care,

Frogie xx

thanks frogie, I'm hanging in there. Hope you're coming along and getting better daily.

250mg trazodone

41 minutes ago, street129 said:

thanks frogie, I'm hanging in there. Hope you're coming along and getting better daily.

Glad to hear that. Hang in there.

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

15 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

I find Christmas and the new year stressful.  So many people think that everyone should be happy at this time of the year, but the older I have got the more people who I know or hear about who feel the same way.  The reason I am telling you this is so that you don't add guilt to the way you feel because you think that you should feel happy when you don't

thanks for. "getting it''  ChessieCat,  that's important that some of us really do feels this way.

It's a feeling that cannot be explained.  Thank-you. Thank-you.

250mg trazodone

13 hours ago, Frogie said:

Glad to hear that. Hang in there.

Hi my friend. Hanging in there is a must.   Happy snowy Thursday here in the big apple.

250mg trazodone

@manymoretodays

12/17/20

Hi

last night around 8:00pm I believe I got a window, I really don't know what a window consist of but my heat in my back, leg, and tommy was gone all night that I was confused since I'm not sure what that was. 

12/16/20;  I fell asleep right away around 8:30pm and I woke at 10:35pm. I stayed up cause I needed to take my 81mg trazadone at 12::00am.
I slept till 7:00am this morning and I'm noticing a gradual of the heat has returned in my back and in my leg, but so far bareable, I feel it more in my leg than my back. Both are bareable.

Manymoretodays I don't know how to process this new find, and how do I trust the changes.  I ask myself, Will it get unbareable again, will it keep getting bareable till it goes away as I go along, these things are so uncertain that it scare me.

It's snowy where I am. Have a great weekend.

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus

Think healing.  Just keep shifting to healing thoughts street.

That's a good report!

Yes, send snow here......I like it and while it's snowy here too, I think you have more back East.

You too, on the weekend, and everyday.........it's Thursday today, right?  B)❤️

57 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Think healing.  Just keep shifting to healing thoughts street.

That's a good report!

Yes, send snow here......I like it and while it's snowy here too, I think you have more back East.

You too, on the weekend, and everyday.........it's Thursday today, right?  B)❤️

@manymoretodays

will do just that.  Thanks

250mg trazodone

2 hours ago, street129 said:

Hi my friend. Hanging in there is a must.   Happy snowy Thursday here in the big apple.

Send the snow our way. I’m tired of spring weather in December 😊

On 12/17/2020 at 12:48 PM, Frogie said:

Send the snow our way. I’m tired of spring weather in December 😊

@Frogie
HI Frogie snow is almost gone, the weather man is now talking about rain, Saw my PCP today 12/22/20 for clearance to do my 2 year endoscopy and colonscopy, but also need to make an appointment with their office for covid test.

Hope all is well my friend.

My both scales are giving me problems its taking me 4-5 hours before I can get a decent near to correct weight. 

I'll talk with manymoretodays about another alternative, once before she had pitch something to me.

250mg trazodone

@street129

I’m sorry to hear your scales are giving you a rough time. Can you return the one for a replacement? I don’t know how long you’ve had it.

I hope everything goes well with your tests.

Take care,

Frogie xx

@manymoretodays

I Need to check in. I'm staying positive and holding.

My new scale is giving me a bit of a problem.  I would like to do the pill and water, at the same time I need to returned my scale for one that works. I will wait on your reply before I do anything.

The scale is being inaccurate, and sometimes it doesn't change, it just remain at the given weight and it is taking me 2-3 hours to get a close enough at 457 to make 81mg.  Can you show me a link of the syringe that I need to buy.  My other scales do not remain turn on long enough for an accurate reading. It turn off quicker than the new scale.

My sleep right now is only 2 hours or less. I will check my  previous note on this conversation.I will wait on your advice on this.

250mg trazodone

13 hours ago, Frogie said:

@street129

I’m sorry to hear your scales are giving you a rough time. Can you return the one for a replacement? I don’t know how long you’ve had it.

I hope everything goes well with your tests.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Thanks for reminding me that returning it was an option, it didn't crossed my mine, and I hope I am within the time frame. I Must go to Amazon for that and a label. Thanks again. Oh my report on that is the 24th, tomorrow.

Jemma had her first check up yesterday, and today 12/23/20 would have been jemma's delivery date.   

250mg trazodone

On 11/3/2020 at 12:02 AM, manymoretodays said:

Hi street,

You had expressed some confusion about this option in your last PM.

And so, I will try to explain it to you here.

You would take one 50 mg tablet each day, and then you would use another 50 mg tablet to make a liquid out of.

With the liquid portion, you would measure out, in an oral syringe exactly what you needed to get the extra Trazodone to make your full dose of 77 mg or 81 mg.

So, one 50 mg pill, and then either 27 mg or 31 mg of liquid each night.

And then here is the main link on tapering Trazodone too, I see it way back in this topic, your topic, your Introduction right here. 

So, I'll give it to you again to look at.  All kinds of options for tapering are there.

Tips for tapering off trazodone(Desyrel)

So......some improvement with vision issues?  Correct me if I'm wrong please.

And the shakiness continues, as does the heat/burning skin sensations. 

And the toughest symptom right now to deal with, is the burning skin sensations.

And I did see where you would HOLD another week at 77 mg of Trazodone.

Definitely one of your less active days in your last Note above.

Keep on moving toward feeling better, with less symptoms.......at least in your hopes.  WD can be so tough sometimes.  You are being a trooper!  I want you to feel capable and confident before that new grand baby comes.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

@manymoretodays I found the old notes, I'm willing to try this for a more accurate dose, I will check my older scale battery, and I'm willing to try this what do I use to put the 50mg  pill in for liquid to get 31mg in

and can you link me to the right type of oral syringe to use.

250mg trazodone

1 hour ago, street129 said:

@manymoretodays I found the old notes, I'm willing to try this for a more accurate dose, I will check my older scale battery, and I'm willing to try this what do I use to put the 50mg  pill in for liquid to get 31mg in

can you link me to the right type of oral syringe to use. I lost my long post that I was typing.

I wanted to know do I make the liquid half an hour before bed, since this is for sleep, and do I stir the liquid to get it even out. Will the syringe has a 31 level, I don't know that's why I'm asking. 

I did the label at Amazon to return scale, I will not return it until I start the liquid pill, it seem easy once you know what your doing, I I want to get a new scale just to have, the old scale still shutting off quickly and I change batterie, the new one don't change weight at this time, messing the dose.

250mg trazodone

1 hour ago, street129 said:

and can you link me to the right type of oral syringe to use.

250mg trazodone

@manymoretodays

I posted a lengthy post about the pill liquid, but it keep disappearing.

Wanted to know it the liquid has to be made at the hour of bedtime since my pill is for sleep.

Do I have to stir the liquid for even it out, what do I put the pill in

can I have a link of an oral syringe, 

I have the label at Amazon to return scale, it takes for ever to get some kind of accurate weight then other times it stay on the weight that's there for very long, I have to start again to get it moving, this is now everyday. I will not return the scale until I start the pill liquid with your help.

I have till 2/1/2021 to return scale but I want a new one to have. Amazon's does be reselling damage goods.  Maybe I'll buy it from somewhere else.  I hope you get this post, the others above, I don't know why they didn't show up. I notice one of my post is there I didn't know till after I post this.

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi street,

Are you doing okay enough now to do this kind of transition?  And so, were you wanting to take a 50 mg dose of a solid tablet, and then the additional 31 mg in liquid?

What are you taking now?  I mean, are you using just the 100 mg tablets, with your weighing, and then working out the weight for your present dose, and then preparing capsules for a week at a time still?

More about making liquid preparations:

Using oral syringes and other tapering techniques

^ some pictures of syringes here

How to make a liquid from tablets or capsules

And then:  Tips for tapering off mirtazapine(Remeron)

Is compounding an option for you?  Have you looked into that?

I'm seeing all your posts street129.  I am a little scarcer right now, with the Holidays is all.  Spreading peace, joy, and Love.....B)

Busy with good fun stuff.

Have the best Christmas and New Years!!!!  I think we all are so looking forward to 2021.  The age of Aquarious continues.......lol.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

8 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi street,

Are you doing okay enough now to do this kind of transition?  And so, were you wanting to take a 50 mg dose of a solid tablet, and then the additional 31 mg in liquid?

What are you taking now?  I mean, are you using just the 100 mg tablets, with your weighing, and then working out the weight for your present dose, and then preparing capsules for a week at a time still?

More about making liquid preparations:

Using oral syringes and other tapering techniques

^ some pictures of syringes here

How to make a liquid from tablets or capsules

And then:  Tips for tapering off mirtazapine(Remeron)

Is compounding an option for you?  Have you looked into that?

I'm seeing all your posts street129.  I am a little scarcer right now, with the Holidays is all.  Spreading peace, joy, and Love.....B)

Busy with good fun stuff.

Have the best Christmas and New Years!!!!  I think we all are so looking forward to 2021.  The age of Aquarious continues.......lol.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Yes I'm taking the 81mg trazadone in weigh at 457.
Thanks for the links.

after I had a window days past, days after it got real pretty bad, I slept til 2am and was up all night,  but I kept pushing and staying positive at it,  last night was ok enough for me to sleep till 7am, probably a tiny window, this morning, as of right now at 9:52pm on 12/24/20, it's a little bearable, [heat]

I don't want to toot no horns, but staying positive.  I have learned this is an up and down situation.

I'm not ready to taper, and if you're saying that one needs to be stable enough to do pill and liquid, then I'm not.  I would love to do that when the times right.

I will order a new scale and fight with this one and when the new one comes return the problem one.

I love the sound of taking the 50mg pill of trazadone and doing the 31mg liquid, could the 31mg trazadone be weight, I'm just curious.

I just went to amazon, the scale that I ordered a month ago, the price went up. Oh my.

ENJOY YOUR LOVELY CHRISTMAS, WE CAN CHAT AGAIN AFTER THE NEW YEAR, HAVE A GREAT AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.

250mg trazodone

On 12/24/2020 at 10:07 PM, street129 said:

Yes I'm taking the 81mg trazadone in weigh at 457.
Thanks for the links.

after I had a window days past, days after it got real pretty bad, I slept til 2am and was up all night,  but I kept pushing and staying positive at it,  last night was ok enough for me to sleep till 7am, probably a tiny window, this morning, as of right now at 9:52pm on 12/24/20, it's a little bearable, [heat]

I don't want to toot no horns, but staying positive.  I have learned this is an up and down situation.

I'm not ready to taper, and if you're saying that one needs to be stable enough to do pill and liquid, then I'm not.  I would love to do that when the times right.

I will order a new scale and fight with this one and when the new one comes return the problem one.

I love the sound of taking the 50mg pill of trazadone and doing the 31mg liquid, could the 31mg trazadone be weight, I'm just curious.

I just went to amazon, the scale that I ordered a month ago, the price went up. Oh my.

ENJOY YOUR LOVELY CHRISTMAS, WE CAN CHAT AGAIN AFTER THE NEW YEAR, HAVE A GREAT AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.

250mg trazodone

• 9 months later...

@manymoretodays

hi there it's been a year since I stayed at my trazodone dose at 81mg, and still is not ready to taper

I have a story that I need some help with, had eye surgery last week

I have sciatica in lower back, ER doctor put me on Cyclobenzaprine 10mg, 

I didn't do my research on this drug, upon filling it on Tuesday I took only one, all was well,

by the Friday I took another, on Saturday I was done taking the drug it was not helping, during the wee hours Saturday night  I had heat in my back and  was itching, I took a half Benadryl that helped the itch,  I woke up around 5 am and couldn't go back to sleep, Sunday morning I still has heat, by night I woke 4am and didn't fall back, Monday night even thou I took my 81mg trazodone, I didn't fall asleep at all and I'm still having heat in my back, there are two scenarios to my heat, and I don't know to which one, do people normally taper Cyclobenzaprine  after an abrupt stop, the first one is I don't know if by me just stopping this drug without a taper is causing my withdrawal.

MY other situation, my scale is given me problems, when I make my pill for a few days, cause there was a situation 2 months back,  one night I woke with heat so right away I figure my pill was not at the dose it should be, but the second night it was good, no more heat.

since I'm getting heat and I don't know if it's from Cyclobenzaprine I took on Friday and didn't taper by doing half, or is it coming from my scale giving me wrong doses.  before I go to bed since I'm having heat I check my pill to see what it read, by the time I read it, it shows 455mg sometimes 453mg, it should be at 457mg, or sometimes I let it go at 458mg.

I would like to say if it's my scale would water and my pill be more precise. I would like to try this to see if I get out of withdrawal, but need to know how and what to buy, is Cyclobenzaprine a benzo?

I'm glad you're still here. It's 4;51am and I can't sleep, I'm calm because a solution to my situation will be near once I do something different.  GOOD MORNING.

I just saw links on how to make the water and pill, I can also get frogie to tell me about oral syringe.

I also bought a new scale hopefully this new scale work better than the old

250mg trazodone

@manymoretodays @brassmonkey@ChessieCat@Shep@Frogie

Everyone else please see my earlier post before this one.

i forgot to mention my eye dr after my eye surgery of the removal of cataract last week wednesday september 22, that same week that friday september 24  is when i develope withdrawal, from september 23 i began using the 4 weeks different eye drops. there are so many scenario to what actually causing me to be withdrawaling. i dont know if any of this eye situation is also the course, i talk to my eye dr, yesterday and i told he how im feeling, she advise me that i can stop the other 2 eye drops that i will be stopping on the 29th and the other one is almost done. i didnt stop the two. maybe i need to.

my dr has me on three different eye drops

ketorolac 0.5  4 times a day  ... tll it finish which very soon

prednisolone acetate 1%   4 times a day first week, the first week will end on the 29th september

then 3times a day the next week ....the 30th starts the next week for 3 times a day.

then 2 times a day the next week

then 1 times a day the next week

then stop

moxifloxacin  hydro 0.5   4 times a day and stop on the 29th. of september

this morning im shaking for the first time since withdrawal started on september 24 last friday  and feeling real sick, this mornoing, still feeling heat in my back with added symptoms, i need to know what is causing  me withdrawal, hoping my scale comes real soon to use it to see if my trazondone will weigh correctly and hoping this will be the cause. i have no idea or clue.

Your kind words will be an added help in figuring this out, im not panicking i been here before.Just need the cause so i can work on it.   i also dont know if i suppost to add my eye drops to my signature.  If you say i need to i will do so.

i feel asleep after i took a tiny piece of Benadryl around 5;45 am this morning, but the heat kept waking me up been up all night and couldn't fall asleep.

To be transparent several times my scale fell on the floor and with the first fall my cover broke off. It fell one or two times after that.

MORNING

250mg trazodone

@brassmonkey

Would you have time to help @street129and myself out in explaining how to make the water with the trazadone so she understands?

I think she could possibly be in a wave right now so she’s going to hold off doing any changes until it subsides. But then she’ll be ready to go when she feels better.

Thank you so much for your help Brassmonkey. I really appreciate it!

I need to know what strength of tablet she is using?  We want to use a 1:1 dilution. So we would use the same volume of water in mL as the strength of the tablets. Trazadone dissolves quite well so it is easy to work with. I have a house full of people ATM so I will write more later.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi street129,

I am scarcer than ever around here, but signed in tonight and did see your notifications.  I'm also transitioning hopefully soon, to some better technology devices, but am working now from a most ancient laptop........velly slow........very, very slowly it is all going.

And yes, completely agree with Frogie, that right now, or anytime real soon is not going to be a great time to attempt to crossing over to a liquid.  Or to taper.

I think if you can do your absolute best to keep getting your 81 mg trazodone dose with your usual method, for now that might be best scenario.

I think you need to recover from your medical stuff right now, AND especially the additional medications you have had to use for your medical conditions.

And let me give you the link to Trazodone tapering, as I see, in one of my old posts I had mistakenly given you one for Remeron/mirtazapine.  Doh!!!

you'll see that trazodone does come in a pharmacy made liquid too, which may be helpful up the road, and again see a bit more there on making your own liquid suspension too.  

Looks like you've been valiantly coping and going through a lot.  Good job street.  I am proud of your perseverance.

On 9/28/2021 at 2:06 AM, street129 said:

since I'm getting heat and I don't know if it's from Cyclobenzaprine I took on Friday and didn't taper by doing half, or is it coming from my scale giving me wrong doses.

I think you did the right thing getting off the Cyclobenzaprine after just a couple of doses.  No it is not a benzo.  Yet, it is one of the many, many drugs that can interact with trazodone.  And so, it may have thrown off your usual metabolism of trazodone.  And again, okay to just stop it, without a taper at all, after just a couple of doses.  You did good to do that.  You can check interactions of course at Drugs.com, AND also check out any new drugs singularly there as well, or by doing a basic search.

On 9/28/2021 at 5:58 AM, street129 said:

i forgot to mention my eye dr after my eye surgery of the removal of cataract last week wednesday september 22, that same week that friday september 24  is when i develope withdrawal, from september 23 i began using the 4 weeks different eye drops. there are so many scenario to what actually causing me to be withdrawaling. i dont know if any of this eye situation is also the course, i talk to my eye dr, yesterday and i told he how im feeling, she advise me that i can stop the other 2 eye drops that i will be stopping on the 29th and the other one is almost done. i didnt stop the two. maybe i need to.

my dr has me on three different eye drops

ketorolac 0.5  4 times a day  ... tll it finish which very soon

prednisolone acetate 1%   4 times a day first week, the first week will end on the 29th september

then 3times a day the next week ....the 30th starts the next week for 3 times a day.

then 2 times a day the next week

then 1 times a day the next week

then stop

moxifloxacin  hydro 0.5   4 times a day and stop on the 29th. of september

this morning im shaking for the first time since withdrawal started on september 24 last friday  and feeling real sick, this mornoing, still feeling heat in my back with added symptoms, i need to know what is causing  me withdrawal, hoping my scale comes real soon to use it to see if my trazondone will weigh correctly and hoping this will be the cause. i have no idea or clue

I'm seeing both a steroid eye drop and an antibiotic eye drop listed.  And even though they are eye drops there is bound to be some systemic absorption beyond just your eyes.  AND, I don't really know how you could have possibly avoided them either, with the eye surgery which must have been needed.  In this topic: Bad reaction to steroid?  you'll see this from Altostrata, and I'll quote it here for you too:

Just click the arrow in the upper right hand corner to read the full quote.

So street, you may very well be getting that exacerbation of symptoms from both the steroid eye drops and antibiotic eye drops too, much like withdrawal symptoms, and it may just take some time to recover from this.  

You will recover from this street129.  I mean you know that.  I know that.  Because you will.  Trust me and trust your fabulous nervous system now.

So anyway....it may not, your symptoms, be so much due to your trazodone weighing and measuring now.  So many other factors at play.

I am however, all for your transitioning to liquid, either the pharmacy made or homemade suspension, in the future.

Just my thoughts.  And good to see you updating and posting.  Not sure yet when I will be back around.  Just lending some momentary support.

Hugs street.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

18 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

I need to know what strength of tablet she is using?  We want to use a 1:1 dilution. So we would use the same volume of water in mL as the strength of the tablets. Trazadone dissolves quite well so it is easy to work with. I have a house full of people ATM so I will write more later.

@brassmonkey

thanks, but as for right now and as in future, been told it's best for me not to go the water/pill route and to just stick with my pill, as a busy man as you are it makes little sense wasting time out of your busy schedule to focus on something that I will not be doing.

Thanks for your time and effort in this.

Be well.

250mg trazodone

23 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi street129,

I am scarcer than ever around here, but signed in tonight and did see your notifications.  I'm also transitioning hopefully soon, to some better technology devices, but am working now from a most ancient laptop........velly slow........very, very slowly it is all going.

And yes, completely agree with Frogie, that right now, or anytime real soon is not going to be a great time to attempt to crossing over to a liquid.  Or to taper.

I think if you can do your absolute best to keep getting your 81 mg trazodone dose with your usual method, for now that might be best scenario.

I think you need to recover from your medical stuff right now, AND especially the additional medications you have had to use for your medical conditions.

And let me give you the link to Trazodone tapering, as I see, in one of my old posts I had mistakenly given you one for Remeron/mirtazapine.  Doh!!!

you'll see that trazodone does come in a pharmacy made liquid too, which may be helpful up the road, and again see a bit more there on making your own liquid suspension too.  

Looks like you've been valiantly coping and going through a lot.  Good job street.  I am proud of your perseverance.

I think you did the right thing getting off the Cyclobenzaprine after just a couple of doses.  No it is not a benzo.  Yet, it is one of the many, many drugs that can interact with trazodone.  And so, it may have thrown off your usual metabolism of trazodone.  And again, okay to just stop it, without a taper at all, after just a couple of doses.  You did good to do that.  You can check interactions of course at Drugs.com, AND also check out any new drugs singularly there as well, or by doing a basic search.

I'm seeing both a steroid eye drop and an antibiotic eye drop listed.  And even though they are eye drops there is bound to be some systemic absorption beyond just your eyes.  AND, I don't really know how you could have possibly avoided them either, with the eye surgery which must have been needed.  In this topic: Bad reaction to steroid?  you'll see this from Altostrata, and I'll quote it here for you too:

Just click the arrow in the upper right hand corner to read the full quote.

So street, you may very well be getting that exacerbation of symptoms from both the steroid eye drops and antibiotic eye drops too, much like withdrawal symptoms, and it may just take some time to recover from this.  

You will recover from this street129.  I mean you know that.  I know that.  Because you will.  Trust me and trust your fabulous nervous system now.

So anyway....it may not, your symptoms, be so much due to your trazodone weighing and measuring now.  So many other factors at play.

I am however, all for your transitioning to liquid, either the pharmacy made or homemade suspension, in the future.

Just my thoughts.  And good to see you updating and posting.  Not sure yet when I will be back around.  Just lending some momentary support.

Hugs street.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

@manymoretodaysTHIS ^

Thank you.....  you are out of this world, I really, really admired the knowledge of the things that you know, I am so very impressed with everything about you and what you do.

if I can only be a friend off of here for in emergencies pertaining to my taper I will never be afriad, cause you would always be near. You are a angel,  THANK YOU everything about my withdrawal made so much sense, after your post my withdrawal got bareable, for the last 2-3 day I have completed the 2 eye drops, 

I'm now only on prednisolone acetate 1% till the 6th of October.  at 3 times a day

on the 7th till the 13th----2  times a day

and from the 14th till the 20th 1 times a day. Then I'm all finish them all.

I'm very happy to know you, you're very knowledgeable in a lot of things, a lot of things.

Be Well

250mg trazodone

@manymoretodays

10/4/2021

is prednisolone acetate 1%   is the one that's is  giving the withdrawal. ...i  woke up early at 4;45am with noticeable heat,  yesterday all day was bareable compare to this morning, I actually thought I was getting in the clear, I cannot stop my eye drop until the 20th, oh my if this eye drop is the cause, I'm gonna try and put the littlest of the drop in my eye starting today.  Is it bad to take a tiny piece of Benadryl to help me go back to sleep? I can't sleep I'm going to try first without the aid of Benadryl.  Thanks for listening.

enjoy monday

250mg trazodone

@ChessieCat

I AM in a withdrawal since I'm taking  prednisolone started a week and a half ago, and was inform by manymoretoday that my eye drop  prednisolone 1% could be the cause,

I'm really looking reassurerance, manymoretoday is not on as I gather, much member as I can see also is very scarce, I'm here needed any info on my eye drop, and do you believe this eye drop is the cause of being in a withdrawal State.

I'm going to  also see my eye Dr to see if I can stop taking it since it's making sick each day worst than the next..

Please can I have your input.  

thanks.  I love where you are, it's so exotic,

I'm Caribbean. we speak broken english, maybe that's why much people never reply to my posts.  Lol

250mg trazodone

@Go2zero

hi first time seeing you on board, I myself been off of here since late November,  I was tapering and been holding before this problem hit me like brickI'm back hoping to talk and get as much help, had eye surgery removal of cardaract, I am taking prednisolone 1% eye drops  other 2 already stop I'm so I'll that would like a reasurance that my withdrawal is coming from my eye drop, I will be starting taking 2x a day for a week on the 7th, I think I'm gonna tell My eye Dr, the pill is making me more such each day, I might not take it tomorrow, but I will talkvwith her. It's very bad. I can't sleep tonight, that's when you know things getting worst.

Manymoretodays is a gem, she has help me so much that I see her as an angel, while she's away if I can get support from you while I'm in a dark place. I notice much members are Scarce, and traffic in here was like WOW.!

Thank you

250mg trazodone