3birdsandrobin: Adverse reaction

3birdsandrobin

Lindsay625 

Sorry this happened to you.  I was wondering what happened when you took that one dose of sertraline and how soon after you took it did it happen?

Also, what are you experiencing now?

In June 2014 I was taking Celexa for 2 days, 25 mg zoloft 8 weeks, 10 mg Paxil 3 months and 10 mg Lexapro 1 month tapered off in 2 wks.. Was on a total of 6 months had side effects to them all. Went off and had my first panic attack a month later in January 2015. In March 2015 was having stomach issues and was put on Xanax for a week Dr. Said it was anxiety. End of that week woke up heart racing so was put back on Lexapro 5 MG and the next night is when my sleep got messed up. Literally not sleeping

Was it the Xanax or lexapro?? Went off sleep on and off and taking Xanax on and off. The end of April 2015 tried Buspar for 2 days and had side effects and could not sleep at all. Middle of May 2015 went on Ambien and lexapro again. Inner vibration started. Switched to paxil. Went off Ambien in June 2015 and off Paxil July 2015. October 2015 got worse went of zoloft 12.5 mg through December 2015. I was tolerating what I was going through January and February 2016. Then March got worse with horrible panic. Tried hypnotherapy in May 2016 a couple times couldn't Relax when she started counting backwards it freaked me out. Started not sleeping again in May. Went back on Xanax for 2 months May-July 2016. Tried liquid Prozac 5 mg then 10 mg side effects July - August then switched Zoloft 12.5 mg August - September 2016. Been off antidepressants since September 5, 2016. Been off Xanax since July 28, 2016, but I have taken it 8 other times since then through May 2017. Have symptoms going on with agoraphobia. Is this withdrawal??

May 2017 feeling horrible and more intense symptoms.

Hi Bat! 

So basically what happened was my kids were sick, I hadn’t slept but two hours in two days and I was running off tons of caffeine. I ended up working myself into an “anxiety attack” (I don’t even consider it that anymore compared to what I have been through now) so that night I took the Zoloft. I went to bed and awoke the next morning with EXTREME anxiety. My heart was racing, I couldn’t sit still I was laying down, standing up, sitting down, rocking back and forth, just a complete mess. I felt like my entire body was vibrating and like electricity was shooting through my entire body. I felt completely hopeless and constant terror. My chest was constantly tightened. Nothing could calm me down for even a few seconds. It was literally constant for about 3 days. I knew it was the Zoloft because I’ve never ever been like that in my life and it felt like I had poisoned myself. After I finally was able to calm down I had a period of anhedonia which terrified me more than anything. After that first week I’ve basically suffered with morning anxiety and depression and anticipation anxiety over literally anything. Even things I want to do give me anxiety before we do them. My emotions are back though but they’re very strong now. 

October 30th, 2017 one dose of 50 mg sertraline at night before bed. 

But I think it’s because my body is not able to metabolize anti depressants the way most people can. I plan on having the enzyme test done soon.

I had an adverse reaction over 4 years ago, and I'm still no where near fully recovered.    Wish I could be more encouraging to you.

Good luck I guess, you'll need ALOT of luck .

4 years???? Did you have any history with anti depressants before that?? 

The only other time I’ve taken an anti depressant was after having my son and I only took 3 and was fine and never took any again until the Zoloft 6 weeks ago and had the adverse reaction 

• 1 year later...

How are you, 3birdsand robin?

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep