SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

TripleL: Tapering off klonopin

TripleL

Started with gabapentin and klonopin .. tapered off during pregnancy .. was thrown back on post partum .. didn't take gaba again .. from 3mgs klonopin to 1.25 .. with just mom brain as she's still an infant.. I take inisitol , magnesium , pre biotics .. work out eat clean and am looking forward to being off .. I've been cleared for a cannabis card also 

Edited by mammaP
Added name to title

i started klonopin in 06 2 mgs then 3 mgs in 2014 .. gabapentin 2011-2016 tapered at 300 mgs weekly due to pregnancy no side effects tapering off either .. was put back on 3 mgs Of klonopin in 2/17 due to post partum and now tapered from 3-1.25 mgs with minimal side effects just Pms and fatigue 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi TripleL, welcome to SA.  Congratulations on your new baby. :wub:.

Can you give us some more information? 

When did you stop gabapentin and klonopin? 

When did you start back on klonopin? 

Did you reinstate at 3mg? 

How did you taper down to 1.25? 

It would help us if you can put this information in your signature, this link will take you to the sinature box in settings. We need start and stop dates and doses. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/settings/signature/

How are you feeling L? Are you suffering any withdrawal? 

We have a benzo forum where the benzo experts hang out and will help you, you can copy your post over there with the added information and they will get you on track to taper klonopin safely and without the nightmare benzo withdrawal! 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/forum/29-members-only-benzo-forum/

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

i started klonopin in 06 2 mgs then 3 mgs in 2014 .. gabapentin 2011-2016 tapered at 300 mgs weekly due to pregnancy no side effects tapering off either .. was put back on 3 mgs Of klonopin in 2/17 due to post partum and now tapered from 3-1.25 mgs with minimal side effects just Pms and fatigue  I can't get it to save in the signature 

i started klonopin in 06 2 mgs then 3 mgs in 2014 .. gabapentin 2011-2016 tapered at 300 mgs weekly due to pregnancy no side effects tapering off either .. was put back on 3 mgs Of klonopin in 2/17 due to post partum and now tapered from 3-1.25 mgs with minimal side effects just Pms and fatigue 

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the info L, your signature is fine. I think you will be better to slow down the taper now, benzos withdrawal can be brutal. Often the pregnancy hormones kick in and hold off withdrawal, then after the birth withdrawal hits and is diagnosed as post partum. They will tell you more over on the banzo forum, I'm glad you joined us :)

Edited by mammaP

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible