Jump to content
Hellbutrin

Has anyone else experienced a terrible cough during withdrawal?

Recommended Posts

Hellbutrin

Sorry if this is too much information, but ever since the week that I completely tapered off of Wellbutrin I have had a terrible mucus cough that I can't seem to get rid of. I rarely get sick, so it's difficult for me not too associate this particular symptom with withdrawal also. This medication SERIOUSLY messed me up physiologically, I'm experiencing major anhedonia, terrible dry eyes, double vision, horrible headaches, disassociation and this terrible cough that I can't seem to get rid of. I'm starting to think that the cough might be my body's way of trying to rid myself of all the toxins that I accumulated while I was taking the Wellbutrin. Anyone else experienced a cough as a symptom of withdrawal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dj2010

yes ive had a bad cough in the morning for around the last 5 years, I used to cough that much it sometimes made me sick, I dont smoke so its not that, I even had to go for a chest xray to see if there was anything wrong, since stopping my meds over 4 months ago the cough has now almost gone, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hellbutrin
1 hour ago, dj2010 said:

yes ive had a bad cough in the morning for around the last 5 years, I used to cough that much it sometimes made me sick, I dont smoke so its not that, I even had to go for a chest xray to see if there was anything wrong, since stopping my meds over 4 months ago the cough has now almost gone, 

Did the cough continue for a while after you were totally off of the meds? I'm a little concerned because I'm experiencing the opposite of what you experienced. My cough started whenever I quit the meds entirely and has persisted for almost a month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dj2010

yes the cough continued and I still have it now some mornings, it is getting a lot better now, I am sure your cough will be withdrawal related and will clear up with time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hellbutrin
12 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

yes the cough continued and I still have it now some mornings, it is getting a lot better now, I am sure your cough will be withdrawal related and will clear up with time

Have you had any issues with memory/concentration or anhedonia?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dj2010

memory and concentration have improved massively and over the last few weeks I am starting to enjoy things again, for example a couple of weeks ago I was able to sit down relax and watch tv series that I like again, I haven't been able to do that since I started my taper, the only thing that i'm struggling with is my sleep, if you read my thread you will see my insomnia problems, I am positive the insomnia will sort itself out with time, cheers

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hellbutrin
11 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

memory and concentration have improved massively and over the last few weeks I am starting to enjoy things again, for example a couple of weeks ago I was able to sit down relax and watch tv series that I like again, I haven't been able to do that since I started my taper, the only thing that i'm struggling with is my sleep, if you read my thread you will see my insomnia problems, I am positive the insomnia will sort itself out with time, cheers

 

 

Thanks for all of the information. Hearing from people that are going through similar experiences helps me to feel like I will eventually start getting over this. I have had issues the last couple of weeks with not being able to sleep also. I used to have terrible insomnia when I first started to taper, but it gradually went away after a while, now it's back in pretty much full force. When did you start noticing that your concentration was improving?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dj2010

concentration and memory has improved gradually over the last few months, sorry to hear about your insomnia, I had terrible insomnia again last night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papaloapan

I did, and I used a chinese and another natural syrup and the terrible cough went away, under the right conditions, the whole body heals itself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
icequeen

Yes, coughing up lots of mucus and lots of mucus in my nose too. I quit Zoloft almost 15  years ago and the mucus got a lot better for a while a few years ago but it keeps coming back. I quit smoking but it didn't help much. What "natural" cough syrup did you use and what was in it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...