DMV64

DMV64: reinstate Saphris?

DMV64

I did the drug checker on my phone. Antihistamine is ok. 

Rabe

WOW that is great DMV!  Hmm...I cant quite imagine standing on my head..though these days may be easier than standing on my feet.🙄

You sound better!  Hope so!!💜

DMV64

Hi Rabe! I do feel a little better. I got my first allergy shot today too. Here’s hoping. 

ChessieCat
53 minutes ago, DMV64 said:

I got my first allergy shot today

Remember not to change anything else and keep notes on paper. 😉

JanCarol

Hey D - 

On 12/20/2018 at 10:50 PM, DMV64 said:
On 12/20/2018 at 4:01 PM, JanCarol said:

Perfectionism = anxiety.

Yes. This is so true. I am trying to lower my expectations. 

Maybe not think of it as "lowering expectations."  That's kind of judge-y.

How about? - "I'm doing my best!" and your best is better than not doing.

On 12/20/2018 at 11:13 PM, DMV64 said:

Maybe have to start shots. 

I see you've started them.  Remember what Chessie said - a lot of changes - hold on your tapering!  Wait until you've gotten used to the shots before tapering.

The thing about the shots, is it may take up to 6 months to build "immunity" to Zelda  (I'd love to see a picture - if you upload to cubeupload, you can post the link here and we can see her).  I took shots for my entire childhood.  My folks decided I wasn't going to live in a bubble, so we had a dog, I mowed the lawn - both of which I was allergic to - and took the shots (and the horrible antihistamines of the 70's & 80's!).  

Talk to us some about Zelda.  Does she help you get up in the morning?  When do you walk with her?  Is she a companion for you in the evening?  How does she help you?

If you're taking the shots, it's important to look at the benefits of why you have her!

On 1/11/2019 at 12:34 PM, DMV64 said:

once winter came in the blowing air heat started I got sick.

Perhaps it is a dusty furnace you are allergic to, and not the little dog at all?

I used to date a yogi, and he would never use ducted furnace or a/c.  He felt they were "unclean" and possible spreaders of moulds and other allergens.  It was harsh, but he did everything (in Indiana, no less - so plenty of snow and cold) with radiant space heaters.  Of course, nearly everything was "unclean" to him, and I became a wreck just trying to meet his standards of "clean" - but that's another story...

I do know that my house in Indiana had mould and I needed to change the furnace filters more often than recommended, just to keep breathing.  

When I moved to Australia, we don't have ducted anything here, but room units.  More often, we just open and close the windows, and the house gets "cleared out" at least once a day...just saying, you may be looking at Zelda, when it's the furnace that might be the issue.  (more expensive, I know, but worth looking into).

16 hours ago, DMV64 said:

But we’re doing everything we can with humidifiers and air filters and trying to keep her just on the first floor.

OK - what kind of air filters?  Ionizers?  HEPA?  I remember researching this when I was renting, and had trouble with keeping the air clean in my apartment.  Back then, you had to spend $$$ to get a decent filter (in the 90's), but now it might be a lot cheaper.

So you keep her out of your bedroom?  That's a good start - but - if you are still struggling, and she's not in the room where you sleep - then it may not be her so much, or she might be a contributing factor.

Keep in mind, that as you taper, it's going to affect your H1 (histamine) receptors.  So they may be haywire, and it may take awhile for them to settle.

12 hours ago, DMV64 said:

Hey there. I am doing the breathing and the cold showers. I haven’t yet gone outside in shorts or done the ice bath but I’m going to do the 10 week course I think. It really helps to do the breathing in the morning and then I do push-ups on an Empty and then a 30 to one minute headstand. It is helping with the morning panic. Add ground me and as he says it makes me feel good. I think he quoted as high on your own supply!

This sounds good!  The breathing would open you up, and the cold showers would be grounding.  I don't even think you need to do much more than that, but if you enjoy the other practices, and it is helping - then woo hoo!  You found something that helps!!!!!!

12 hours ago, DMV64 said:

I really think the wim Hof method is onto something good. 

Good!  Please feel free to share your experiences on the Breathing Thread where I posted about Wim Hof :  Breathing for Well Being  

2 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Remember not to change anything else and keep notes on paper. 😉

(emphasis mine)

Yep!  What she said!  

I hope you see the sun today!  (even if you don't roll in the snow in your underwear!  ^_^)

DMV64
7 hours ago, JanCarol said:

Zelda

So that is a very cute terrier mix, she looks a little like a small reindeer. She’s very cuddly and she loves belly rubs. I do feel like she does help keep me grounded and she’s a great companion as I spend a lot of time in this house by myself.  Sometimes we take her for a run with us. And sometimes I let her jump on my lap and sit on the couch with me although I know I probably shouldn’t do that. 

We have HEPA filters in the house and a filter on the furnace we also had all the ducts Cleaned out. I think it would be better to have a different heating system but it’s a lot of money so we’re doing the best with what we have. 

I will try to upload a picture of her later today. Thanks for all your sage advice!

xoxo

DMV64

They told me it could take anywhere from a month for eight months for the shot to work

DMV64

Zelda!

IMG_5457.JPG

DMV64

I feel kind of speedy. Heart racing feeling. Not sure if it is the allergy shot, the antihistamine or doing the Wim Hof method. Or some combo or none of the above. 

Rabe

She is aDORable!!!!  Loves you! Can see it in her eyes!😍

And LOVE the name!  One of my grand daughters is Zelda! ☺️

Thinking about you...hope the speediness settles.  Usually the med makes you drowsy...but can also make one restless...take care!!

JanCarol

She's a beauty!  LOVE her eyes!!!!

In order to determine if the antihistamine (original antihistamines were kin to neuroleptics) is part of the "riled up" feeling - 

stop the Wim Hof for a few days. 

If it gets better, you'll know it's the Wim Hof and not the antihistamine.

Remember - one change at a time, so that we know what works and what hurts!  😺

DMV64

I went out in the snow barefoot in a tank top this morning. I have to say this matter is greatly reducing my morning panic anxiety. So I don’t really want to give it up. I’m wondering if I should give up the antihistamine for a few days, going about it that way?

JackieDecides

I wish I had some good advice but can't think of any. your dog looks so sweet! ❤️

JanCarol

You don't want to give it up - and yet you were sick without the antihistamines.  Remember being sick for over a whole month?  Remember getting FLOXed?  Remember all the antibiotics and steroids?

This may be a case of need vs. want.

If you give one up, it should be the Wim Hof.  

If then, you are still jazzed up - then we know it's the antihistamines...so be thinking about a plan B for controlling your allergies while in withdrawal!

The options then are:  no antihistamines (and antibiotics and steroids and being sick all winter?)

Maybe a half dose of anthistamines?

I'm at a loss.  I'm really hoping it's the Wim Hof, because you don't need that one.

Edited by JanCarol

DMV64

I understand what you’re saying but what I’m saying is this is the only thing so far that has taken away the morning dread panic and anxiety so it’s a little difficult just to think about giving it up. But I don’t want to be sick either. It’s hard to know if I just got hit with two viruses in a row because my immune system was down or what