SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

DMV64: reinstate Saphris?

DMV64

• Moderator Emeritus

S' okay.  Glad you found it.  We can be a comedy team, eh?  Mis communicators.  :)

It's a lot to sort out.  Yah....take a rest.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

I am loving my possible cat friend. But I know I am allergic. And I’ll probably have to be on anti-histamine at least some of the time. Or maybe get allergy shots. Am I crazy? I really want to adopt her.

2001- Klonopin 0.125 mg.  2011- increase to 1 mg.  2018- increase to 1.5 mg 

2010- Trials of SSRI's, several.

2011- Saphris 5 mg. CT. 6/2017- retry Saphris 5 mg sublingual, begin taper August 2020 10% taper with scale, and final taper liquid sublingual, August 2019- taper complete!

2011- Geodon 20 mg. Begin taper Sept 2019. 10% liquid taper. 2020: December-5 mg. 2021: Jan-4.5mg. (held Feb.for vacation). March-4mg. Apr-3.6mg. May-3.2mg. June-2.8mg. (Held July for vacation). Aug-2.4mg. Sept.- 2.2mg. Oct. 2mg. Dec 2022 - Taper complete!

2011- Gabapentin 300 mg to present- 2020. Increase 2023 to 400mg.

2014- Vyvanse 20 mg, 2020- Vyvanse 5 mg. Increase August 2022 20mg

2016- Lithium 300 mg, June 2016 - FT.

2017- Cogentin 0.5 mg. June-August 2019- off Cogentin.

2021 - Hydroxyzine 30mg. Holding.

Omeprazole 20 mg and holding, Omega 3's/fish oil, Magnesium

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi DMV,

Yes, our cat friends can be great.  If I were you, I woud not adopt at this time.  I'm just considering your present medication/drug load.  Adding antihistamines or allergy shots right now might not be the best option.

And your signature is looking updated.  Great!  The signature is the part below your postings.

Here is the other "daily journaling format" we discussed that will be really helpful as far as our guidance goes:

(and oh my.......:):)I seriously did not mean to copy Altostrata as well as the format)

•  
  • Altostrata
  • Administrators
  •  
  • 25,623 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Keep notes on paper about your drug dosages and daily symptom pattern

A symptom pattern that occurs regularly over several days could mean the symptoms are from withdrawal, other adverse effects of drugs, or something else you do on a daily schedule.

In the course of discussion in your Introductions forum topic, you may be asked to keep notes on paper of your daily symptom pattern, including when you take your drugs, their dosages, and any symptoms.

What we need to see for every individual day over several days is:

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in morning
- Time and description of any symptoms in the morning

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in afternoon
- Time and description of any symptoms in the afternoon

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in evening
- Time and description of any symptoms in the evening

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in middle of the night
- Time and description of any symptoms in the middle of the night (such as waking)

And so forth. A diary, in chronological order, such as:

6 a.m. Woke and vomited
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Had diarrhea
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Stomachache
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Headache got worse
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke with headache

An appointments diary is perfect for this and can be bought at stationery stores. 

They have a page for each day with times for appointments which can be filled in with doses, symptoms etc as shown by Alto.

I'm also seeing your drug interactions above posted once again.  :)  That's awesome.......only the Vyvanse is missing on the latest.  I hope you don't mind if I do another for you, with all of your present medications listed.  Then I'll get rid of the one I posted, and your latest as well.

Meantime, hang in.  Your doing a good job holding and following the last instructions from JanCarol.

Love, peace, healing/inrecovery, and growth,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
puncuation

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus
S'okay.  Now I can rest assured that we have got ALL of your medications/drugs accounted for.  B)

Drug Interaction Report

Drug interactions for the following 7 drug(s):

My Interactions List (Unsaved) Email | Print | Save | Create new list
gabapentin
omeprazole
Cogentin (benztropine)
Geodon (ziprasidone)
Klonopin (clonazepam)
Saphris (asenapine)
Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine)

Major (1)
Moderate (9)
Minor (0)
Food (4)
Therapeutic Duplication (2)

Interactions between your drugs

Major

ziprasidone asenapine

Applies to: Geodon (ziprasidone), Saphris (asenapine)

Using ziprasidone together with asenapine is not recommended. Combining these medications can increase the risk of an irregular heart rhythm that may be serious and potentially life-threatening, although it is a relatively rare side effect. You may be more susceptible if you have a heart condition called congenital long QT syndrome, other cardiac diseases, conduction abnormalities, or electrolyte disturbances (for example, magnesium or potassium loss due to severe or prolonged diarrhea or vomiting). Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Your doctor may be able to prescribe alternatives that do not interact. You should seek immediate medical attention if you develop sudden dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, shortness of breath, or heart palpitations during treatment with either of these medications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Switch to professional interaction data

Moderate

gabapentin asenapine

Applies to: gabapentin, Saphris (asenapine)

Using gabapentin together with asenapine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

gabapentin ziprasidone

Applies to: gabapentin, Geodon (ziprasidone)

Using gabapentin together with ziprasidone may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

clonazepam asenapine

Applies to: Klonopin (clonazepam), Saphris (asenapine)

Using clonazePAM together with asenapine may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

clonazepam ziprasidone

Applies to: Klonopin (clonazepam), Geodon (ziprasidone)

Using clonazePAM together with ziprasidone may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

clonazepam omeprazole

Applies to: Klonopin (clonazepam), omeprazole

Omeprazole may increase the blood levels and effects of clonazePAM. This can increase the risk of side effects including excessive drowsiness and breathing difficulties. You may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

benztropine asenapine

Applies to: Cogentin (benztropine), Saphris (asenapine)

Before using asenapine, tell your doctor if you are also on benztropine. You may need dose adjustments or special tests in order to safely use both medications together. You should notify your doctor if you have signs of bladder problems, dry mouth, stomach pain, fever, blurred vision, confusion, dizziness, or reduced heart rate. You should avoid driving until you know how these medications will affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using your medications without first talking to your doctor first.

Moderate

benztropine ziprasidone

Applies to: Cogentin (benztropine), Geodon (ziprasidone)

Before using ziprasidone, tell your doctor if you are also on benztropine. You may need dose adjustments or special tests in order to safely use both medications together. You should notify your doctor if you have signs of bladder problems, dry mouth, stomach pain, fever, blurred vision, confusion, dizziness, or reduced heart rate. You should avoid driving until you know how these medications will affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using your medications without first talking to your doctor first.

Moderate

benztropine gabapentin

Applies to: Cogentin (benztropine), gabapentin

Using benztropine together with gabapentin may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

benztropine clonazepam

Applies to: Cogentin (benztropine), Klonopin (clonazepam)

Using benztropine together with clonazePAM may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

No other interactions were found between your selected drugs.
Note: this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult with your doctor or pharmacist.

Other drug and disease interactions

Drug and food interactions

Moderate

gabapentin food

Applies to: gabapentin

Alcohol can increase the nervous system side effects of gabapentin such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with gabapentin. Do not use more than the recommended dose of gabapentin, and avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medication affects you. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.

Moderate

ziprasidone food

Applies to: Geodon (ziprasidone)

Alcohol can increase the nervous system side effects of ziprasidone such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with ziprasidone. Do not use more than the recommended dose of ziprasidone, and avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medication affects you. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.

Moderate

lisdexamfetamine food

Applies to: Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine)

Using lisdexamfetamine together with alcohol can increase the risk of cardiovascular side effects such as increased heart rate, chest pain, or blood pressure changes. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with lisdexamfetamine. Let your doctor know if you experience severe or frequent headaches, chest pain, and/or a fast or pounding heartbeat. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate

asenapine food

Applies to: Saphris (asenapine)

Alcohol can increase the nervous system side effects of asenapine such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with asenapine. Do not use more than the recommended dose of asenapine, and avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medication affects you. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.

Therapeutic duplication warnings

Therapeutic duplication is the use of more than one medicine from the same drug category or therapeutic class to treat the same condition. This can be intentional in cases where drugs with similar actions are used together for demonstrated therapeutic benefit. It can also be unintentional in cases where a patient has been treated by more than one doctor, or had prescriptions filled at more than one pharmacy, and can have potentially adverse consequences.

Duplication

Central Nervous System (CNS) Drugs

Therapeutic duplication

The recommended maximum number of medicines in the 'Central Nervous System (CNS) Drugs' category to be taken concurrently is usually three. Your list includes six medicines belonging to the 'Central Nervous System (CNS) Drugs' category:

• gabapentin
  • benztropine (active ingredient in Cogentin (benztropine))
  • ziprasidone (active ingredient in Geodon (ziprasidone))
  • clonazepam (active ingredient in Klonopin (clonazepam))
  • asenapine (active ingredient in Saphris (asenapine))
  • lisdexamfetamine (active ingredient in Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine))

Note: The benefits of taking this combination of medicines may outweigh any risks associated with therapeutic duplication. This information does not take the place of talking to your doctor. Always check with your healthcare provider to determine if any adjustments to your medications are needed.

Duplication

Antipsychotics

Therapeutic duplication

The recommended maximum number of medicines in the 'antipsychotics' category to be taken concurrently is usually one. Your list includes two medicines belonging to the 'antipsychotics' category:

• ziprasidone (active ingredient in Geodon (ziprasidone))
  • asenapine (active ingredient in Saphris (asenapine))

Note: The benefits of taking this combination of medicines may outweigh any risks associated with therapeutic duplication. This information does not take the place of talking to your doctor. Always check with your healthcare provider to determine if any adjustments to your medications are needed.

Drug Interaction Classification

The classifications below are a guideline only. The relevance of a particular drug interaction to a specific patient is difficult to determine using this tool alone given the large number of variables that may apply.
Major Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.
Moderate Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.
Minor Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.
Unknown No information available.

Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.

Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Multum is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. Multum's information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective, or appropriate for any given patient. Multum Information Services, Inc. does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. Copyright 2000-2018 Multum Information Services, Inc. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Edited by manymoretodays

Thank you for doing that. In the beginning in August I was keeping a journal of sorts, reporting my symptoms by time of day in my thread. But then it was suggested that I stop doing that and report more how I was feeling. Do I go back to that then? Or just keep separate on paper?  It is morning and it is my rough time so I’ll write more later 

2011- Saphris 5 mg. CT. 6/2017- retry Saphris 5 mg sublingual, begin taper August 2020 10% taper with scale, and final taper liquid sublingual, August 2019- taper complete!

2011- Geodon 20 mg. Begin taper Sept 2019. 10% liquid taper. 2020: December-5 mg. 2021: Jan-4.5mg. (held Feb.for vacation). March-4mg. Apr-3.6mg. May-3.2mg. June-2.8mg. (Held July for vacation). Aug-2.4mg. Sept.- 2.2mg. Oct. 2mg. Dec 2022 - Taper complete!

Also I did move my Geoden dose to 60% of 80% at 11 and the other 20% to 8pm To trying to help cover in the morning symptoms. So far it seems to be helping. It’s not magic but it seems to provide a little relief.

A lot of stress today over my yoga studio business. I don’t know if we’re going to make it. It is Mo seven and while I know that is early to break even, we only have so much funding. So trying to come up with strategies and do different marketing things is really pressing my brain past what it is capable of doing. Luckily my husband is helping. Still I feel really sad that it’s unclear whether we will make it or not.

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh DMV64,

Stress.  Our arch enemy so to speak. 

That's great that you have a husband that helps.  I was going to ask you what you did to certify as a Yoga instructor?  I'm considering that, as a possible for some additional income in the future.  I wouldn't be able to take on a whole studio business......I know that about myself........but would like to do classes for people in the Mental Health system or Recovery communities.  I hope your studio flourishes.  And I think that you are right........it may take more than 7 months to break even and then begin earning.  Hope you guys can come up with some good strategies.  I'll put out all the positive intentions that I can muster.  :)

So far......I've learned that instructors at the local gym make $20/class.  Any additional input to what my encouraging instructor told me?

5 hours ago, DMV64 said:

Also I did move my Geoden dose to 60% of 80% at 11 and the other 20% to 8pm To trying to help cover in the morning symptoms. So far it seems to be helping. It’s not magic but it seems to provide a little relief.

How did you take it before, the Geodon?  And at what time?  And how long have you been doing it the present way? 

I'd like you to go back to the diary in chronological order of things.  Best effort that you can.   Once you get even a day or two done on paper/or on your phone or other device........post it here.   And then type in the information here when you get to a desktop or laptop computer.  Hoping you have access to one. 

Okay, we are going to have the best days today.......right ee oouhhh!

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

10 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

I'd like you to go back to the diary

Ok will do this.

Yoga teaching anywhere from 20 to 40 an hour. Most studios have teacher training programs and they run about 2500. We do 12 step yoga (Y12SR) at my studio!

I can tell you more if you want.

I used to take Geoden all at once around 11 but it has such a short half life that I am pretty sure I was getting morning drop out. It is supposed to be taken in two doses actually....

Tomorrow I will post my last three days of note taking. And I had a very good day today!

-D

7 minutes ago, DMV64 said:

Tomorrow I will post my last three days of note taking. And I had a very good day today!

:wub::):wub:

• Citalopram 20mg - 40mg ~ approx 2010 - October 2015 (stopped over one week)
  • Parnate  20mg - 50mg and olazapine 5mg ~ Jan 2016 - May 2016 (ceased over 2 days) 
  • Lithium 450mg-900 mg and Thyroxin ~May 2016 - May 2017
  • Diazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ 2015 - 2017
  • Oxazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ May 2016 - June 2016
  • Lurasidone 20mg ~Mid May 2016 - Mid June 2016
  • Vortioxetine 10mg - 20mg ~ 6th June 2016 - 20th July 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Amitriptyline 200mg ~July 2016 - September 2016 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Nortriptyline  (dose ?) ~October 2016 ~ November 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Seroquel XR 100mg - 300mg ~ May 2016 - August 2017 (ceased over 3 weeks)
  • Escitalopram 10mg - 30mg ~ August 2016 - March 2017 (ceased over 2 weeks)
  • Bupropion 300mg ~ December 2016 - May 2017 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Clonazepam 1.5mg daily ~ July 2016 (started tapering May 2017 - September 2017 currently on 0.375mg..ie 0.125mg TDS) 27th May 2018 5% 0.357mg (possible paradoxical reaction - see benzo thread)  28th June 5% 0.337mg, 28th July 10% 0.303mg, 12th September10% 0.272mg, 18th September reinstated 10% due to intolerable WD 0.303mg, 1st October-11th Oct 10% (1% reduction over 10 days) 0.272mg, 22nd October clonazepam ceased crossed over 10mg diazepam
  •  Dexamphatamine 20mg ~ December 2016 (started tapering October 2017 - tapered 1.25mg 4th Dec 2017, 1.25mg 19th Dec 2017 6.25mg, Speed up decrease due to major interaction between Dex and fluoxetine- ref to thread 10% 17th Feb 2018 5.63mg, 10% 21st Feb 2018 5.1mg, 10% 26th Feb 2018 4.5mg 10% 28th Feb 4.1mg, 10% 1st March 3.7mg, 10% 5th March 3.3mg, 10% 8th March 3mg, 10% 10th March 2.7mg, 10% 12th March 2.4mg, 10% 14th March 2.16mg, 10% 16th March 1.94mg, 10% 18th March 1.74mg, 10% 20th March 1.57mg, 10% 21st March 1.41mg, 10% 22nd March 1.26mg, 10% 23rd March 1.13mg, 10% 24th March 1.01mg, 10% 25th March 0.9mg, 10% 27th March 0.81mg, 10% 29th March 0.73mg, 10% 31st March 0.66mg, 10% 2nd April 0.59mg , 10% 4th April 0.53mg, 10% 6th April 0.47mg, 10% 8th April 0.42mg, 10%10th April 0.37mg, 11th April 0.2mg, 12th April 0.1mg (last dose) OFF! 
  • Fluoxetine 40mg ~December 2016 - 31 Jan 2018 reduced to 20mg (probable serotonin toxicity) 10th March 2020 10mg (1:1 ratio), 7th April 9mg, 1st May 8.5mg, 15th May 8.0mg, 27th May 7.5mg, 8th Sept 7.2mg, 2nd Oct 7mg, 19th Oct 6.8mg, 28th Oct 6.6mg, 5th Nov 6.4mg, 26th Nov 6mg, 2nd April 2021 5.9mg, 9th April 5.8mg, 19th April 5.75mg, 22nd April 5.7mg, 26th April 5.65mg,28th April 5.6mg, 1st May 5.5mg, 4th May 5.45mg, 7th May 5.4mg, 10th May 5.35mg, 12th May 5.3mg, 15th May 5.25mg, 18th May 5.2mg, 20th May 5.15mg, 22nd May 5mg, 10th July 4.5mg, 9th Aug 4.48mg (switched from syringe to pipette method), 12th Aug 4.46mg, 14th Aug 4.4mg, 18th Aug 4.38mg, 19th Aug 4.36mg, 20th Aug 4.34, 21st 4.32mg, 22nd 4.3mg, 23rd Aug 4mg (hold), (micro-taper) 12th Oct 2021 3.98mg, 14th Oct 3.96mg, 15th Oct 3.94mg, 16th Oct 3.92mg, 17th Oct 3.9mg, 18th Oct 3.88mg, 19th Oct 3.86mg, 21st Oct 3.84mg, 22nd Oct 3.82mg, 23rd Oct 3.8mg, 24th Oct 3.78mg, 25th Oct 3.76mg, 26th Oct 3.74mg, 27th Oct 3.72mg, (WD reached intolerable level, reinstated 0.06mg) 28th Oct 3.8mg, 7th March 2022 3.7mg, 21st March 3.6mg, 4th April 3.5mg, 18th April 3.4mg, 2nd May 3.3mg, 16th May 3.2mg, 20th June 3.1mg, 4th July 3mg, 18th July 2.9mg, 12th September 2.7mg, 18th October 2.5mg, 14th Nov 2.3mg, 12th December 2.1mg, 18th January 2023 1.9mg, 9th July 2023 1.88mg, 16th July 1.86mg, 23rd July 1.84mg, 30th July 1.82mg, 6th Aug 1.80mg, 10th Sept 1.7mg, 12th Oct 1.68mg, 23rd Oct 1.66mg, 30th Oct 1.64mg, 6th Nov 1.62mg, 13th Nov 1.60mg, (2:1 ratio) 30th Dec 1.597mg, 7th Jan 2024 1.595mg, 8th 1.592mg,  10th 1.589, 11th 1.587, 12th 1.585, 13th 1.583, 14th 1.58 cont… 5th Feb 1.56mg, 11th Feb 1.55mg, 19th Feb 1.54mg, 26th Feb 1.53mg, 4th March 1.52mg, 11th March 1.51mg, 25th March 1.50mg, 1st April 1.49mg
  • Diazepam 10mg ~ 22nd Oct 2018, 10th November 8mg, 14th Nov 7mg, 8th December 6mg, 30th December 5mg (Nocte), 7th March 2019 4.5mg,14th March 4mg, 5th April 3.5mg, 9th April 3mg, 18th April 2.5mg,1st May 2mg, 17th May 1.75mg, 25th May 1.6mg, 4th June 1.59mg, 5th June 1.58mg, 6th June 1.57mg, 7th June 1.56mg, 8th June 1.55mg, 22nd June 1.4mg, 4th July 1.2mg, 16th July 1mg, 30th July 0.8mg, 13th Aug 0.6mg, 28th Aug 0.4mg, 10th Sept 0.2mg, 23rd Sept Off! 
  • SR Circadin 2mg (melatonin) 25th May - 20th June 
  • Zolpidem 10mg 25th May (7 tablets)
  • Supplements: Magnesium glycinate (soluble - sip throughout the day) 

"Whenever you feel yourself doubting how far you can go,  just remember how far you have come.  Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome"    Unknown 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 27/02/2018 at 3:03 AM, DMV64 said:

A lot of stress today over my yoga studio business. I don’t know if we’re going to make it. It is Mo seven and while I know that is early to break even, we only have so much funding. So trying to come up with strategies and do different marketing things is really pressing my brain past what it is capable of doing. Luckily my husband is helping. Still I feel really sad that it’s unclear whether we will make it or not.

Hey D - 

I was just listening to an interview with  Shiva Rea - here:

Shiva Rea - Riding the Waves

and at the very end of the episode, Tami Simon asked her what advice she would give to new yoga instructors who are struggling.  I could never say it as well as she could - but - she talked about finding your own service, and walking your talk, and when your practice is authentic, and you are offering from your deepest self, people will respond to that, and are attracted to it.  And that it comes in waves.

She talked about surfing, and the energy it takes to paddle on your surfboard and try to make a wave - and compared this to just waiting for the right wave.  She compared this to "chasing customers" and "making seminars" and trying to attract people with energy and energetic movement, when really, stillness, listening, and paying attention is how you will find the wave to ride.

I know it's hard to look at financial commitment from this perspective, but she talked about her own studio, and how, sometimes it wasn't much at all (now she is yoga teacher to the stars!).

And yes, her talk of riding waves was really appropriate for recovery and for surviving extreme states, as well!

Maybe it's time to let the studio go for now, and focus on your own practice and wellness.  You have a mountain to climb, and when you are centered and still, maybe that will be the time to take up teaching again?  I can't say for sure - I'm just saying it's okay to let go if you need to - and it's okay to keep trying, if that's what you need, too.  Some of us would go spare without the activity of business and work.

I like MMT's suggestions of teaching at someone else's studio - or corporate offices (one of my students is a corporate yoga trainer) - or perhaps even community mental health centers as a "peer specialist."  Did you design the 12-Step Yoga?  Or is that how you learned the yoga?

So you've moved your Geodon - you made a decision, and it seems to be helping.

Now, if you can find a steady, stable place, please try and not move anything else, not taper anything else.  Let your body settle after all the upset it's had.

With symptom patterns, we'll be able to understand better perhaps where to go next - especially when you have a pattern of taking the same things at the same times every day for a month.  You'll start to notice how things are affecting you, and after a month (or three) you will perhaps have figured out which drug is the one that needs to go, instead of bouncing from taper to taper.

I hope you see the sun today!

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

2/26

Wake 5:30 shaky back to sleep

6:30: wake anxiety

6:45: 5mg vyvanse

7:15 run

7:45 breakfast coffee banana

8:20 pretty severe anxiety/ business stress

8:20 .5 mg klonopin

8:50 calming down

9:30 yoga

10:30 .5 mg Klonopin

11:00 100 mg gabapentin 

11:45 60% geoden dose/lunch feeling good

4:00 100 mg gabapentin

5:30 500 magnesium/dinner

8:30 other 20% geoden

9:30 100 mg gabapentin

10:30 500 magnesium

11:00 1.2mg saphris, .25 cogentin, 20mg omezerpole

sleep 11-6:30. A pretty good day

2/27

6:30 wake studio panic. Raining

6:45 5mg vyvanse

7:00 run

7:30 coffee and banana

8:15 some anxiety. Klonopin .5mg

10:15 Oatmeal. helps. 5 mg klonopin

11:30 100mg gabapantin/lunch 60% geoden dose

12;30 intake interview anxiety

3:00 magnesium 500mg and nap, so good.

4:00 100mg gabapentin

7:15 dinner other 20% geoden dose

8:30 magnesium 500 mg

9:15 .25 cogentin, 20 mg omezerpole

10:00 1.2 saphris, 100mg gabapentin

A medium day. Took longer to feel ok.

2/28

6:30 Small anxiety. Sunny!

6:45 5mg vyvanse

7:00 long run

7:30 coffee and banana

8:30 Klonopin .5mg. meditation

10:30 5 mg klonopin

11:00 100mg gabapantin/lunch 60% geoden dose

3:00 magnesium 500mg

4:00 100mg gabapentin

6:00 agitation

7:30 dinner other 20% geoden dose

8:00 magnesium 500 mg

9:25 .25 cogentin, 20 mg omezerpole

10:00 1.2 saphris, 100mg gabapentin

A good day.

19 minutes ago, JanCarol said:

Maybe it's time to let the studio go for now, and focus on your own practice and wellness. 

Hello!

The thing is we are so young, just 7 months. I feel we can make it but we are still in the red, as to be expected. I do also teach other places for money, since I am not paying myself at the studio. Also I have a biz partner, and she is doing alot.

I feel in the last few days things are starting to settle a bit. Calming down. I have been also practicing positive thinking.

Yes, the Geoden move is a good one. I think it is helping.

I did not come up with Y12SR...but I have done trauma based yoga training and also Y12SR. We have a meeting on Monday evenings with yoga. It is pretty great.

Trying to hold steady. 

Frustrated this morning with Quickbooks not connecting to my bank. More than my brain can process. Had to step away.

Well I had 3 good days and a bad one and now medium. It’s hard not to feel disappointed. My business partner is so much more able than I am now. Sigh. I feel like I should be doing more but I can’t. 

I would love to hear from anyone if anyone happens to be reading this. Feeling kind of alone.

12 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

From What is Happening in Your Brain

"Basically- you have a building where the MAJOR steel structures are [...] to be rebuilt at different times - ALL while people are coming and going in the building and attempting to work.

It would be like if the World Trade Center Towers hadn't completely fallen - but had crumbled inside in different places.. Imagine if you were [...] to rebuild the tower - WHILE people were coming and going and [...] to work in the building!  You'd have to set up a temporary elevator - but when you needed to fix part of that area, you'd have to tear down that elevator and set up a temporary elevator somewhere else. And so on. You'd have to build, work around, then tear down, then build again, then work around, then build... ALL while people are coming and going, ALL while the furniture is being replaced, ALL while the walls are getting repainted... ALL while [...] is going on INSIDE the building. No doubt it would be chaotic. That is EXACTLY what is happening with windows and waves.  The windows are where the body has "got it right" for a day or so - but then the building shifts and the brain works on something else - and it's chaos again while another temporary pathway is set up to reroute function until repairs are made. 
And just like the Twin Towers- it's possible - but the building is a major effort -and it takes a good year or more sometimes."

Sometimes I worry about this. Because I am now slowly tapering and there’s so much adjusting going on. It’s not like I’m done and just now waiting for things to stabilize

Edited by ChessieCat
fixed up quote

Looking into PT work, to see people, fill the lonliness. Some places drug test. How does one handle this on meds?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi DMV64,

It's best to list and disclose all your medications if you are required to get a drug test for a job.  Here's an interesting article I found:

https://www.verywellmind.com/can-antidepressants-show-up-on-a-drug-test-3972798

We might have a topic on it in off topic as well.

The AP's and AAP's may lead to some of the same "false positives" for commonly used street drugs.

Good luck with your search for PT work.  I'm presently in that boat as well.  Due to some recent issues I may need to give it a wait........once again.  Perhaps just a few months for me. 

If I were you.......well, you might consider waiting for a bit more stability.

manymoretodays

Edited by manymoretodays

When when when is the morning anxiety going to end? It's been almost 6 weeks since my last drop. Isn't it supposed to be like 3 or 4 weeks. Feels like forever. Also noticing anhedonia (is that right?) loss of interest in most everything and I am not sure I had this before. I assume it is a component of the depression piece but it really stinks. 

• Administrator

dmv, I see you take 60% Geodon at 11:45 a.m. and 20% at 7:30 p.m. When do you take the last 20%?

Your cocktail is so complicated, I can't remember why you're taking drugs on this schedule. Why do you take 0.5mg Klonopin at 8:20 a.m. and 0.5mg Klonopin at 10:30 a.m.? Why are you taking these doses so close together?

On 2/21/2018 at 5:28 AM, DMV64 said:

What is the general feeling about hospitalization to come off meds? My doc spoke with me about it briefly. I have to admit I  did not ask many questions because I was in a brain fog. Ugh. I can't really understand how in 9 days (or maybe more) the medical community can safely get a person off these meds. Anyone have experience?

-D

Yes, they will stop your drugs rather quickly, mix up another cocktail for you (possibly with fewer drugs), and send you home to deal with whatever symptoms you have developed from the drug discontinuation and switching.

I find it unconscionable that, given your ridiculous drug burden, that senior psychiatrist wandered in and suggested a drug switch.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

complicated

Yes. Complicated. This is the schedule I am on. Honestly, I don’t even know why for most of it except that moving things around now is hard.  JanCarol had suggested splitting the klonopin slowly to get them further apart to help with morning anxiety. I just have been holding because of my last crash from a too fast taper. 

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

Geodon

I take a total of 16.2 of 20 mg capsule oh Geoden. That’s where I got to in taper. 80%. So there is no other 20%. 

I am really realizing how lonely I am. When I left Brooklyn in 2013 and moved here I did not really know how the move from walking culture, urban, to suburban car culture would affect me. And also my 12 step meetings and community/fellowship. It really has been a loss and one I have not really navigated well. My work here is mostly alone, I don't really have a work community. As a yoga teacher I need to hold space for others, same for doula work. it's not really a peer relationship. I spend a lot of time alone in my car, driving from place to place. And I am realizing how easy it was before, in Brooklyn, to just walk out and see people, meet people. Go to meetings whenever I wanted in any direction, walking. 

My friends, I am lonely. Tonight I am making a little resolve to try to cultivate friendships in this town. Make a real effort. It has been 5 years and I think my effort has not been there. It's hard with the depression, but I have to try. I know this loneliness is a piece of the puzzle for me. 

Its funny as I unwind here, slowly tapering, all the fears coming up, I find myself finding myself. And seeing that really, I was never that great at making and keeping friends. That it is hard for me to reach out and be vulnerable and open. Tonight after my AA meeting I went over to a person I did not know and just said HI! I am D and I am working on making friends. And she was very nice. She thanked me for coming over. Maybe tomorrow instead of going to yoga I will go to the 10 AM meeting and see if anyone wants to go out to brunch afterwards. 

I don't feel like I really live here and I don't think I really will until I find my community. 

29 minutes ago, DMV64 said:

left Brooklyn

That is quite a change! I am an introvert and don't do myself any favors when it comes to making new friends. I tend to want to be alone a lot but then get lonely. When I'm lonely is when I realize I don't have very many friends to call on.

I'm happy you are making it a focus in your life!

Dalalea's Introduction

Off All SSRI Medications: Effexor 2010 one month
Sertraline 50 mg. but only took 25 mg. daily because of dizziness. 2010 to July 2017

Tapered over 2 months beginning the 1st of June 2017 -- Off Sertraline by July 30, 2017

Current Medication: Losartan (blood pressure), Albuterol (for asthma- only as needed)
Current Symptoms: tinnitus, hearing loss in one ear, allergies

My Plan: Prayer, Scripture, Walk, Yoga, Encourage Others, Healthy Eating
Generic SSRI Withdrawal Symptom and Plan Checklists and Graph.xlsx

Current Supplements: Magnesium Threonate, Fish Oil, probiotic, B-12, C, D-3

Current Essential Oils: Frankincense, Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Clove
Current Essential Oil Blends: Brain Power, Clarity, Stress Away

1 minute ago, Dalalea said:

happy

Thank you for stopping by! Yes I think it will be a good thing for me to focus on!

Hey DM,  Just dropping by to let you know I am thinking of you.  I'm having trouble with writing and thinking at the moment so my posts are brief....I found your last post very inspiring and insightful. I think suggesting brunch tomorrow sounds like a great idea! You'll most likely find many people would love to socialise but are too afraid to ask :) much Love. K xo

• Citalopram 20mg - 40mg ~ approx 2010 - October 2015 (stopped over one week)
  • Parnate  20mg - 50mg and olazapine 5mg ~ Jan 2016 - May 2016 (ceased over 2 days) 
  • Lithium 450mg-900 mg and Thyroxin ~May 2016 - May 2017
  • Diazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ 2015 - 2017
  • Oxazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ May 2016 - June 2016
  • Lurasidone 20mg ~Mid May 2016 - Mid June 2016
  • Vortioxetine 10mg - 20mg ~ 6th June 2016 - 20th July 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Amitriptyline 200mg ~July 2016 - September 2016 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Nortriptyline  (dose ?) ~October 2016 ~ November 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Seroquel XR 100mg - 300mg ~ May 2016 - August 2017 (ceased over 3 weeks)
  • Escitalopram 10mg - 30mg ~ August 2016 - March 2017 (ceased over 2 weeks)
  • Bupropion 300mg ~ December 2016 - May 2017 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Clonazepam 1.5mg daily ~ July 2016 (started tapering May 2017 - September 2017 currently on 0.375mg..ie 0.125mg TDS) 27th May 2018 5% 0.357mg (possible paradoxical reaction - see benzo thread)  28th June 5% 0.337mg, 28th July 10% 0.303mg, 12th September10% 0.272mg, 18th September reinstated 10% due to intolerable WD 0.303mg, 1st October-11th Oct 10% (1% reduction over 10 days) 0.272mg, 22nd October clonazepam ceased crossed over 10mg diazepam
  •  Dexamphatamine 20mg ~ December 2016 (started tapering October 2017 - tapered 1.25mg 4th Dec 2017, 1.25mg 19th Dec 2017 6.25mg, Speed up decrease due to major interaction between Dex and fluoxetine- ref to thread 10% 17th Feb 2018 5.63mg, 10% 21st Feb 2018 5.1mg, 10% 26th Feb 2018 4.5mg 10% 28th Feb 4.1mg, 10% 1st March 3.7mg, 10% 5th March 3.3mg, 10% 8th March 3mg, 10% 10th March 2.7mg, 10% 12th March 2.4mg, 10% 14th March 2.16mg, 10% 16th March 1.94mg, 10% 18th March 1.74mg, 10% 20th March 1.57mg, 10% 21st March 1.41mg, 10% 22nd March 1.26mg, 10% 23rd March 1.13mg, 10% 24th March 1.01mg, 10% 25th March 0.9mg, 10% 27th March 0.81mg, 10% 29th March 0.73mg, 10% 31st March 0.66mg, 10% 2nd April 0.59mg , 10% 4th April 0.53mg, 10% 6th April 0.47mg, 10% 8th April 0.42mg, 10%10th April 0.37mg, 11th April 0.2mg, 12th April 0.1mg (last dose) OFF! 
  • Fluoxetine 40mg ~December 2016 - 31 Jan 2018 reduced to 20mg (probable serotonin toxicity) 10th March 2020 10mg (1:1 ratio), 7th April 9mg, 1st May 8.5mg, 15th May 8.0mg, 27th May 7.5mg, 8th Sept 7.2mg, 2nd Oct 7mg, 19th Oct 6.8mg, 28th Oct 6.6mg, 5th Nov 6.4mg, 26th Nov 6mg, 2nd April 2021 5.9mg, 9th April 5.8mg, 19th April 5.75mg, 22nd April 5.7mg, 26th April 5.65mg,28th April 5.6mg, 1st May 5.5mg, 4th May 5.45mg, 7th May 5.4mg, 10th May 5.35mg, 12th May 5.3mg, 15th May 5.25mg, 18th May 5.2mg, 20th May 5.15mg, 22nd May 5mg, 10th July 4.5mg, 9th Aug 4.48mg (switched from syringe to pipette method), 12th Aug 4.46mg, 14th Aug 4.4mg, 18th Aug 4.38mg, 19th Aug 4.36mg, 20th Aug 4.34, 21st 4.32mg, 22nd 4.3mg, 23rd Aug 4mg (hold), (micro-taper) 12th Oct 2021 3.98mg, 14th Oct 3.96mg, 15th Oct 3.94mg, 16th Oct 3.92mg, 17th Oct 3.9mg, 18th Oct 3.88mg, 19th Oct 3.86mg, 21st Oct 3.84mg, 22nd Oct 3.82mg, 23rd Oct 3.8mg, 24th Oct 3.78mg, 25th Oct 3.76mg, 26th Oct 3.74mg, 27th Oct 3.72mg, (WD reached intolerable level, reinstated 0.06mg) 28th Oct 3.8mg, 7th March 2022 3.7mg, 21st March 3.6mg, 4th April 3.5mg, 18th April 3.4mg, 2nd May 3.3mg, 16th May 3.2mg, 20th June 3.1mg, 4th July 3mg, 18th July 2.9mg, 12th September 2.7mg, 18th October 2.5mg, 14th Nov 2.3mg, 12th December 2.1mg, 18th January 2023 1.9mg, 9th July 2023 1.88mg, 16th July 1.86mg, 23rd July 1.84mg, 30th July 1.82mg, 6th Aug 1.80mg, 10th Sept 1.7mg, 12th Oct 1.68mg, 23rd Oct 1.66mg, 30th Oct 1.64mg, 6th Nov 1.62mg, 13th Nov 1.60mg, (2:1 ratio) 30th Dec 1.597mg, 7th Jan 2024 1.595mg, 8th 1.592mg,  10th 1.589, 11th 1.587, 12th 1.585, 13th 1.583, 14th 1.58 cont… 5th Feb 1.56mg, 11th Feb 1.55mg, 19th Feb 1.54mg, 26th Feb 1.53mg, 4th March 1.52mg, 11th March 1.51mg, 25th March 1.50mg, 1st April 1.49mg
  • Diazepam 10mg ~ 22nd Oct 2018, 10th November 8mg, 14th Nov 7mg, 8th December 6mg, 30th December 5mg (Nocte), 7th March 2019 4.5mg,14th March 4mg, 5th April 3.5mg, 9th April 3mg, 18th April 2.5mg,1st May 2mg, 17th May 1.75mg, 25th May 1.6mg, 4th June 1.59mg, 5th June 1.58mg, 6th June 1.57mg, 7th June 1.56mg, 8th June 1.55mg, 22nd June 1.4mg, 4th July 1.2mg, 16th July 1mg, 30th July 0.8mg, 13th Aug 0.6mg, 28th Aug 0.4mg, 10th Sept 0.2mg, 23rd Sept Off! 
  • SR Circadin 2mg (melatonin) 25th May - 20th June 
  • Zolpidem 10mg 25th May (7 tablets)
  • Supplements: Magnesium glycinate (soluble - sip throughout the day) 

"Whenever you feel yourself doubting how far you can go,  just remember how far you have come.  Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome"    Unknown 

37 minutes ago, DMV64 said:

Tonight after my AA meeting I went over to a person I did not know and just said HI! I am D and I am working on making friends.

I thought this was so courageous of you and a great start in your efforts to make new friends.  Good for you! :) 

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg

• Administrator
5 hours ago, DMV64 said:

My friends, I am lonely. Tonight I am making a little resolve to try to cultivate friendships in this town. Make a real effort. It has been 5 years and I think my effort has not been there. It's hard with the depression, but I have to try. I know this loneliness is a piece of the puzzle for me. 

This is brilliant. Yes, make friends or at least tolerable acquaintances who might grow into friends. Get out a bit. I have no doubt this is a big part of your depression.

Rather than reporting 60% Geodon at 11:45 a.m. and 20% at 7:30 p.m., could you please report in milligrams? You might put (60%) and (20%) in parentheses to notate that this is a reduced dosage.

Back to your taking 0.5mg Klonopin at 8:20 a.m. and 0.5mg Klonopin (or is it 5mg??) at 10:30 a.m. You had a question about alleviating the morning anxiety. It is more likely that is rebound anxiety from Klonopin than from gabapentin. 

If I were you, I'd continue migrating the 10:30 dose later in the day, an hour at a time if you can tolerate that, until you are taking it about 8 p.m., so you would be taking it twice a day, 12 hours apart.

The later Klonopin dose hopefully should address the  morning anxiety.

While you are moving the Klonopin dose, it would be best not to change any other drug. Once you get set with a regular Klonopin schedule, you would be better situated to reduce something else, such as one of your "sleepy" drugs:

8:30 other 20% geoden

9:30 100 mg gabapentin

10:30 500 magnesium

11:00 1.2mg saphris, .25 cogentin, 20mg omezerpole

PS Meetup is a good way to meet people with like interests.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

9 hours ago, wantrelief said:

I thought this was so courageous of you and a great start in your efforts to make new friends.  Good for you! :) 

Thank you!! It felt like it really was a big step. Felt so vulnerable. Like 1st grade all over again!

5 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Rather than reporting 60% Geodon at 11:45 a.m. and 20% at 7:30 p.m., could you please report in milligrams?

Alto---I actually have a terrible time with math. I don't know how to do that. JanCarol actually helped me figure it out for the 16.2.

I have been afraid to move anything but I will try slowly moving the klonopin again. Today I feel more stable. I guess in general slowly slowly I am feeling more stable.

And I am going to a morning meeting today instead of yoga because it is more social.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey D - 

I had a look at your schedule - and I'm wondering, how much protein and fat do you eat?

I know that's going to scare you because you are trying to lose weight, but it is my experience that if you don't get these, your body will hang onto weight more.  Additionally, protein and fat are excellent mood stabilisers and help with anxiety, too.

If I were you, I'd start with a teaspoon of butter and a teaspoon of coconut milk in that morning coffee.

Looking at your gabapentin schedule, if you spaced out the 3 doses over 24 hours, that would be 8 hours apart.  Something like a schedule of 7 am, 3 pm, and 11 pm would give you better coverage.  I'm reluctant to tweak anything until you get your klonopin moved.

On 02/03/2018 at 12:22 AM, DMV64 said:

We have a meeting on Monday evenings with yoga. It is pretty great.

This sounds AWESOME!  I wish I could send my AA friends to your yoga meeting!

On 06/03/2018 at 4:34 AM, DMV64 said:

I would love to hear from anyone if anyone happens to be reading this. Feeling kind of alone.

I know it's a greater time commitment, and you have a lot of time stress, but the way to get people reading your thread, is for you to visit their threads and comment.

It is a very alone path, the path to self empowerment and freedom from psych drugs.  If you think there is a lot of social pressure to use alcohol, then you have never publicly announced that you think psych drugs are awful and worthless and you are tapering to come off of them.  That's a really great way to silence the whole room.  Aw-kward!  (In fact, many 12 Steppers here at SA have found that "taking drugs as prescribed" is part of their recovery, and to go against that is not socially acceptable in the culture of AA, so - maybe keep it mum!)

On 07/03/2018 at 12:45 AM, DMV64 said:

Sometimes I worry about this. Because I am now slowly tapering and there’s so much adjusting going on. It’s not like I’m done and just now waiting for things to stabilize

It will go better for you if you can find a place to hold, especially after your fast taper of Saphris in December.  It's better to stabilise as you go, instead of waiting for it all to happen at the end - especially if you want to function while you taper!

Remember - holding is hard work, too!

On 10/03/2018 at 10:38 PM, DMV64 said:

When when when is the morning anxiety going to end?

Well, you may be having drop outs from the klonopin.  We've been trying to adjust that, but it keeps getting derailed.

Let's work on getting the klonopin moved with a goal of 12 hours apart - and then - after you've been there for a week, let's see what your morning anxiety is doing.

Please don't taper anything for awhile!

13 hours ago, DMV64 said:

left Brooklyn

My ancestors were founders of Brooklyn in the 1600's.  I want to get there someday and see the family house, which is still standing!  (The Wyckoff House).

13 hours ago, DMV64 said:

I don't feel like I really live here and I don't think I really will until I find my community. 

Right on, good on ya for starting conversations!  It is so easy for people to stay in their little ruts and comfort zones, and sometimes you have to shake them up a bit.  People are basically friendly and kind, and may be just as lonely as you are!

I've learned from being the "new kid in town" that the only way to find community is to build it yourself!  Look what I am thinking about taking:  http://pineriversyoga.com/index.php?web_page_name=healthyageing  I'll especially like it if it gives me some qualifications to teach!

I hope you see the sun today!

Edited by JanCarol
emphasis added

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

48 minutes ago, JanCarol said:

protein and fat do you eat?

JanCarol I do eat. Thankfully, the weight thing seems to have leveled off. But I am pretty good at eating well. I eat fish and eggs and some red meat. Tofu and veggies. Beans and cheese.

The gabapentin schedule sounds better than the one I have. Wait on it? Or go ahead?

I know th eway to feel connected is to connect. I just have hardly been able to feel well enough to do it. I hope that is starting to shift. I went to my AA meeting this morning and I got 4 new phone numbers! No one could go out to coffee, but I will try to make a plan for next week! I shared about my loneliness and trying to reach out for friends. It felt good. I also am realizing that I tend to, and have chosen again, a husband who is a bit of a loner or at least does not need the same human contact I do. Another light bulb moment.

Meds are a funny thing in AA. Some really frown on any meds. Its not something I feel I can share that openly about although I have shared I am on them.

OH my GOSH Wycoff house! I lived near some of the public housing named after that!

Ok so I am moving the klonopin, slowly. And I am not tapering anything for awhile. Which is really fine with me after what just happened.

I am going to your yoga link now!

xoxo

59 minutes ago, JanCarol said:

Look what I am thinking about

This looks beautiful!! I hope you do it!!

Another thing coming up...unprocessed grief. Loss. When I moved here in 2013 I left my son in Brooklyn (19) going into Sophmore year of college. I really underanticipated the loss of a daily relationship with him, plus he is a guy of few words anyway. Between that and the loss of my recovery community hammock of support, well, stuff is coming up. I know now that son had a hard time with the transition as well. Now he is fine, but I cannot help but feel mama guilt. I have felt it for awhile, but for whatever reason-all this is coming up now to be seen. But it is up to me to make my new life and to move forward. 

• Administrator

dmv, you need to let your grief flow through you, don't keep it in. I am feeling your emotional pain through your posts. Please nurture yourself.

Please move the Klonopin towards the evening before making any other changes.