DMV64

DMV64: reinstate Saphris?

Glosmom

Hi DMV,

My daughter was put on prednisone (steroid) for hives....made her completely psychotic after a couple days. My vote is, "yes" the steroid nasal rinse could absolutely make you feel anxious or many other things.  Wishing you a speedy return to normal.  Glosmom

Rabe

I think it could DMV...you will know.  Take care!!!💜

neroli

Hello DMV64

I'm hoping you are getting some relief from the anxiety.

You're doing really well, what with all the surgery and allergy stuff and extra meds.

Wishing you as well as can be

Neroli 💜

DMV64
4 hours ago, neroli said:

really well,

Thank you. Some days it doesn’t feel that way. But I have been meditating and that is helping some. 

DMV64

My husband has been helping me with the meditation technique of just observing our thoughts and feelings. I think it is helping. This morning when I woke up with the usual anxiety I just though: anxiety. And let myself kind of slip past it. I did it every time I felt it. It helped!

JanCarol

This is brilliant.  It's very much along the lines of what I'm writing to you in PM...

I challenge you to NOT call it "anxiety."  That's a diag-nonsense word.  Describe what it feels like in your body, in your feelings, in your thoughts.  In that order.  Because the bodily sensations create feelings and thoughts.

Cortisol spikes is one possibility - but there are others, too.

The more mindful you are, the more you pay attention, the more chance you have to learn something from this.  Forget about classes - your body is trying to teach you something now.  If it's going to be a long haul (and I suspect it will be, though I hope not for your sake) then you might consider strategies to optimise the experience.

"I AM ALIVE!" is one reminder.  That you are breathing means there's more right with you than wrong with you in this moment.

And Breathing.  Breathing is awesome good.  Good for your partner for bringing up - how to be in the moment when these sensations come.

Because that's all they are:  sensations.  They can't hurt you unless you *react* to them.  And if they're going to be there every day for the next mmmmm months mmmm years - then see them as an opportunity to learn more about yourself, your body, how it works.  And possibly use the energy produced by these sensations for something positive.

Are you still tapering as you have been through surgery and stuff?  Or did you take a break after March 25 (when your sig says was your last taper)?

Soon the Saphris can be gone, and you can work on another drug.  Won't that be amazing?

At some point, you will be grateful that you went so slowly and carefully.  You are managing your descent down the cliff (rappelling) very carefully.

I hope you see the Sun (and Zelda) today!

DMV64
16 minutes ago, JanCarol said:

NOT call it "anxiety.

This is good. As is all of your post! I am going to not name it but just notice the feelings physically. 

It does feel like a long haul. Sometimes overwhemling. I have to bring myself back to the moment. 

I am holding for now on taper. Few more weeks. I can’t wait to be complete on one of my drugs. 

Yes yes to breathing! I have also been using dbt skills. 

Thank you for all your ideas❤️

DMV64

I started a four hour a week volunteer job at a hospital. I feel a little overwhelmed by my first day. I am hoping I did not make a mistake. That it is not too much for me. My job is to work in the family lounge as they wait for their loved one to come out of surgery. Talk to them. Sometimes walk them to one of three elevators. I was having a hard time remembering where I was going in the hospital maze. My memory and brain fog are making me nervous that I might not be able to get to know my way around. I want to be able to do it. I hope I will be able to. 

Rosetta

Hi hope so, too, DMV.  No shame in using a map!

neroli
5 hours ago, DMV64 said:

I started a four hour a week volunteer job at a hospital. I feel a little overwhelmed by my first day. I am hoping I did not make a mistake. That it is not too much for me. My job is to work in the family lounge as they wait for their loved one to come out of surgery. Talk to them. Sometimes walk them to one of three elevators. I was having a hard time remembering where I was going in the hospital maze. My memory and brain fog are making me nervous that I might not be able to get to know my way around. I want to be able to do it. I hope I will be able to.

Oh wow DMV64!  That is so amazing.  Sounds like a pretty good job as well, a real support for the people who are waiting for their loved one after surgery - what a lovely thing to do.  It's got its challenges at the moment but remember you are just beginning, the first day, where you cannot be expected to know everything from scratch.

I do hope it's something that you will settle into and get to know the ropes so you are less overwhelmed.

And even if it's a bit of a stretch and you aren't sure you can keep it up in a few weeks - you have still had a go and will have learned what you can cope with at this stage in your WD.

I take my hat off to you.

Lots of warm wishes

Neroli 💜

DMV64

@neroli @Rosetta thank you for your kindness an support. I really want to be able to do it and  some part of me is really afraid of it, and afraid that if I can’t do it I would have to quit and that would feel terrible to me. Also there’s a weird flip side of this that I guess is that feeling when you just don’t care about anything. Adhedonia?  I can’t remember how to spell it.  For today I’m going to  try not to worry. I woke up feeling kind of sad and so I’m going to try to work on a few things so that I don’t fall into depression today. 

neroli
9 hours ago, DMV64 said:

and afraid that if I can’t do it I would have to quit and that would feel terrible to me

I understand this DMV64 - I am facing similar feelings about my work, whether I can keep up with it (or want to, it is quite stressful especially with the damaged CNS symptoms).  I am also concerned that if I can no longe cope and have to drop the work that it would feel terrible for me as I hate giving things up that I've committed to.  But what I am trying to keep front of my mind is that any decisions I make are coming from a choice to assist my healing as much as possible - and if that means that work is too much for me, I will be making a decision from a place of healing, rather than because I have "failed".

DMV64

Thanks Neroli.  It’s good to remember I’m not failing but I am taking care of myself. It’s hard not to be able to do all the things I want to do. 

DMV64

@JanCarolThese benzos are depressing me. I really think so. I have to start tapering them I think. 

DMV64

Also pretty sure I have hit tolerance. Not working like it used to. Having lots of symptoms. 

Rosetta

(((DMV))) I'm thinking of you. - R

DMV64

Thank you Rosetta! Me too you. Xo

Rabe

Hi DMV...Was just catching up.  I liked JanCarols post on anxiety as well...copied it.  I find it hard to describe the anxiety...except that that is what it is.

But Im going to try.  

Your job sounds wonderful...such a support for those people!  How kind of you!  I agree with Neroli...try it and if ti doesnt work you will have learned more and will know that you are taking are of yourself...though I too understand the feelings and fears of 'failing'...pretty much daily. 

I find I dont deal with the CLonazepam the way I did before either...very different.  But you are almost off the one drug and can tackle the benzo when that is complete dont you think?  One at a time.  

As I remember reading your texts you go through times when you want to do more and question your ability to handle it...I feel that is intuitive  and maybe worth at least noting when it speaks to you?  Just a thought DMV.  Take care!  I too hope you see Zelda!! 💜