DMV64

DMV64: reinstate Saphris?

JanCarol

with any new supplement, start with smallest possible.  If after 3 days, it seems smooth, you can increase.  Use the 3 day increments to judge whether or not this is a good dose for you.

Liquid is great, you can start with one drop.

Sorry to hear about your anaemia, are you vegetarian?  When I was vegetarian, I got my iron through blackstrap molasses.

DMV64

I’m not vegetarian now but are used to be. I got very anemic during that time and I needed to get infusions for years so I don’t wanna do that again

Rabe

Thinking about you DMV...how are you feeling?  

I dont do well with the B vitamins personally...as with everything I would start slow and low and see how do.  Slowly work up to a dose that makes you feel better. Take care!!💜

Rosetta

Hi DMV, 

Just stopping by to say I'm thinking about you.  I hope you have a good day. -R

DMV64

Hey everyone. Thanks for stopping by. I think I’m doing a little bit better. I’m going to try starting those B vitamins on a really low dose and I have an appointment with my doctor to look into why my hemoglobin is low. But I’ve always kind of been that way so maybe it’s just my normal. I’m at the beach right now my daughter so I can’t stay on here long but wanted to say hi to everyone.  Since I’m dictating I hope this came out OK. 

JanCarol

Hey D - 

21 hours ago, DMV64 said:

why my hemoglobin is low

I had a condition that the orthomolecular (like naturopath) doctor called "Pyroluria."  It's a fictional condition which indicates that your urine is shedding certain nutrients.  The treatment for it it B6, zinc and niacin.

Anyhow, regardless of this condition, at the same time, I also had low red blood cell count.

I believe now that it was a temporary condition of my psych drugs and withdrawal.  

It's all better now, I only had this condition for about 6 months.  B vitamins (which I was lucky, I could take them) and minerals (magnesium, especially) helped.

I know that your story might be different, and it's good that you are taking charge of your blood counts, and keeping track of your labs - it's one of the keys to being in command of your own healthcare.  Too many people say, "My doc says my bloods are (insert condition here) and he gave me (insert drug here) to take every day."  Too often people don't even know the drugs they are taking and why.  So - good on ya for looking into things.

But on the other hand, I would also encourage you not to worry too much.  You won't really know your health baseline for quite some time.  It may be a thing, or it may be a temporary condition that will get better as you do, and as your disabling drugs go away!

I hope you see the sun today!

DMV64

Yeah. I’m trying to not freak out. Because I am been anemic before, but it was such an ordeal to get all those infusions, at first I was a little worried. But all the other parts of my blood work looked good so I think it probably is just a temporary thing or just the kind of borderline thing. Anyway I’m going to the doctor today I think she’s going to take extra blood and then we’ll see how it goes. On the other hand or in other news, I seem to be Having some trouble sleeping now with this bladder burning. Any ideas? I have read that certain antihistamines help

Rabe

I have lots of problems with my bladder burning on and off....what I eat seems to affect it,  if urine is more concentrated, coconut water seems to irritate it.  Any new foods or liquids etc?  Take care DMV!!!💜

DMV64

I just found out I have to have another surgical procedure this time to do with my bladder. Cystoscopy. I guess I’ll write more later it’s been kind of a long day

Rabe

Im sorry DMV.  I was to have one and opted out...but probably should.  I hope it goes well for you.  They are a pretty easy procedure...not put under or anything.  I really believe you will do ok....thinking about you lots!!!💜

DMV64
6 hours ago, Rabe said:

I was to have one and opted ou

This one is done to also possibly cauterize ulcerations so I will be under general anesthesia. I am really conflicted about doing it. I don't want to make anything worse. I am scared. Just trying to remain rational and research the procedure.

xoxo

DMV64

@JanCarol @manymoretodays @Rabe @Rosetta Well friends, it looks like my volunteer job is not really working out. First we had trouble aligning days. Then I was placed in a spot where I wasn't really doing anything. Turns out anyway that driving to the city for four hours of work was really too much for me which I feel sad about. They were going to place me somewhere else, but I haven't heard back and I haven't called since I feel mixed.

Sigh. Withdrawal and acceptance of what I can manage I guess.

Also I have to have exploratory surgery for my bladder condition. It's ok, I think its a good thing, but one more thing you know? Anyway I will write more later and check in on everyone later because darn it I am going to yoga now!

Rosetta

((((DMV)))).   I'm sorry about that.  I hope you will find a better opportunity closer to home.  Yes, yoga!!  That will make you feel better.

JanCarol

Hey D - 

17 hours ago, DMV64 said:

Sigh. Withdrawal and acceptance of what I can manage I guess.

There's more here than that.

Every step we make, every choice, turns out to be learning.  Risk taking = learning & growing.

You took a risk.  It wasn't the right risk, but maybe look and see what you have learned from it?

You are amazing to have tried, even while in withdrawal!

manymoretodays

Ayup. 

DMV, there are so many things out there to do. 

Lessons, lessons.......oh my gosh, they abound for me. 

And there is no graduation, per se, or that........ "okay,  I've found the perfect job, opportunity, relationship,  etc."

At least not for me.

They've all been good.

.......oh, I'm waxing philosophical this morning.  I think I'll go find my "Rumi" stuff and have a nice stretch now myself........or walk, or tree hug, or all of that.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

DMV64

Thank you for the support! I guess I felt a little deflated.

Rabe
On 7/31/2019 at 9:55 AM, JanCarol said:

There's more here than that.

Every step we make, every choice, turns out to be learning.  Risk taking = learning & growing.

You took a risk.  It wasn't the right risk, but maybe look and see what you have learned from it?

You are amazing to have tried, even while in withdrawal!

I just wanted to say thank you...this resonated.  💜

Rabe

Hi DMV...I hope your procedure goes well DMV.  please let us know how you are.  I 

On 7/30/2019 at 4:32 PM, DMV64 said:

and I haven't called since I feel mixed.

I am grateful you are hearing your body speak. Continue to take care of you DMV.  I too hope you find something closer when you get the other taken care of.💜

DMV64

Well I decided  (so Far) against surgery but yes to doing bladder "installations" in office procedure. No anesthesia needed.

Rosetta

Good!  Avoid anesthetia if you can.  Hope today is a good one for you!

Rabe

Hope you are doing ok DMV...Im glad no anesthesia either...it sure set me back.  Thinking about you!💜

DMV64

Hi everyone,

Just popping by my own thread to check in. I have been doing a little better with the Interstitial Cystitis. Diet is a part of it.

Wondering how everyone is doing? Think I will go visiting later!

Rosetta

HI DMV,

Your note on my thread -- I'm sad that you have the same problems that I do.  I believe they will go away over time.  I am sometimes capable of thinking clearly, organizing, etc.. Just like all the other symptoms they are intermittent.  Hang in there and wait for them to pass.  Hugs, R

DMV64

I had a window yesterday! All day!

wantrelief

So happy for you, DMV!  🙂

Rabe

Grateful to hear your IC has improves DMV.  I get that as well and diet is definitely a factor!!  It is no fun so I just feel so happy to hear your news!!  Love and hugs to you!💜

DMV64

Thank you. It is such a relief to feel better. 

neroli

Hello DMV

Dropping by to say hi and hope you are doing ok.  So good to read that you had a whole day window!  What a treasure.

Warmest wishes and thoughts

Neroli 💜