SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

romichica07: Started SSRI in college, shock I did not know what I got into

romichica07

Hi there! 

I just read a little through your thread- so sorry you are going through this.

I imagine it absolutely horrible if your closest family doesn't understand you or gives you the kind of support you'd need. Have you tried esucating them by giving them books to read about Withdrawal? or a podcast to listen to. There is one called "let's talk withdrawal". It might help them to understand the situation better and to give you a better safety net

2005-2006: Cipralex 5 mg

2009-2010: Cipralex 5 mg

2012-2015: Cipralex 5mg, 10mg 

tapered 10mg-7.5mg-5mg-2,5-0 (I always waited for a few weeks on the current dosage until I felt stable. Steps were too big I realized too late)

Completely drug free since August 2015

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• romichica07

• miT

• ChessieCat

• KarenB

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/18/2017 at 6:14 AM, Pepita said:

Hi there! 

I just read a little through your thread- so sorry you are going through this.

I imagine it absolutely horrible if your closest family doesn't understand you or gives you the kind of support you'd need. Have you tried esucating them by giving them books to read about Withdrawal? or a podcast to listen to. There is one called "let's talk withdrawal". It might help them to understand the situation better and to give you a better safety net

Hi thank you for getting back, I am still in withdrawal, I feel I am not a strong enough person to survive I am too much of a chicken, why I put myself in this mess I will never understand. I live in terrible condition and completely blame all this mess to my childhood ways and how I handles situations in my life or maybe I was just born with this imbalance I just know that I am not living right now I am in hell 

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg 

prozac reinstatement for 3 days of 10 mg 

intense withdrawl at this point 

Hi there,  I understand your pain because I was also one of the unfortunate one who happen to take this drug for four months and ten days and went to withdrawals.  It's not our fault that we went to the doctors and took their prescription drugs. It's the fault of the medical establishments, the doctors,  the pharmaceutical companies and the government who I guess knows everything but still doesn't stop them, probably receiving a lot of money from the pharmaceutical companies not to do anything against these drugs and let them their business growing by putting more and more people on it by doing investing heavy on advertisement. Anyways, my question is that I have gone through what you are going through and today I am 20 months off and much better. I still have sleeping issues with heart palpitations,  stress and food sensitives but I am at least 70 percent better in the past 20 months. So don't be afraid,  your brain can heal if you will eat a healthy diet and won't take stress, and walk outside in the park . Take care.

remeron for four and half months. 15 mg for 3 months and 4 days and 7.5 mg for 27 days. After a month later of experiencing withdrawal  , restarted taking remeron again at 15 my for 2 days, 7.5 mg for 1 day and 6 mg for 7 days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29.8.2017 at 4:52 AM, romichica07 said:

Hi thank you for getting back, I am still in withdrawal, I feel I am not a strong enough person to survive I am too much of a chicken, why I put myself in this mess I will never understand. I live in terrible condition and completely blame all this mess to my childhood ways and how I handles situations in my life or maybe I was just born with this imbalance I just know that I am not living right now I am in hell 

those thoughts are absolutely "normal" for a person in withdrawal. Everybody goes through those "Am I just born this way"-questions. You are not! ;) It will all get better

tapered 10mg-7.5mg-5mg-2,5-0 (I always waited for a few weeks on the current dosage until I felt stable. Steps were too big I realized too late)

4 hours ago, Pepita said:

those thoughts are absolutely "normal" for a person in withdrawal. Everybody goes through those "Am I just born this way"-questions. You are not! ;) It will all get better

Hi Pepita,

i am still after 6 months in actue withdrawl my nails are ripped apart, my toe nails, i stay awake all night crying for what i did to myself, how afraid i am of my future, where will my situation lead to. i moved out on my own and could not handle any job and moved back in with parents which is worsening my case i guess. I am just so upset for having put myself in this game, i cry about my story to everybody, is this normal? Am i just ruminating at this point 

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg 

7 hours ago, romichica07 said:

Hi Pepita,

i am still after 6 months in actue withdrawl my nails are ripped apart, my toe nails, i stay awake all night crying for what i did to myself, how afraid i am of my future, where will my situation lead to. i moved out on my own and could not handle any job and moved back in with parents which is worsening my case i guess. I am just so upset for having put myself in this game, i cry about my story to everybody, is this normal? Am i just ruminating at this point 

yes you are ruminating. I know how this feels:/ I had it with various different topics in my wirhdrawal (still get it sometimes but not as bad as it was in the beginning). You think it's your fault and then you blame yourself that you can't stop being that nefative. Well, you can't! it's chemistry. Of course your personality plays a role as well. Some people tend to be more negative than others and that adds to it but in general yes, it's very typical withdrawal.. also the 6 months is "normal". By normal mean I've heard this frommany orher people and I myself was as well felling horrible at 6 months. I didn't move in with my mum but I am living with my boyfriend, was spending half of the day at my mothers.. so yes, basically I needed NoT to be alone and to be cared for somehow. I continued to work but only because I am self employed and I could work from my own office which is the neighbour apartment to my mum's place. Basically I sat crying in my office a few hours a day, then went to my mum crying for a few hours.. then back home to my br where I forces myself not to cry;) he knew of my wd of course but I was so scared that he would leave me because I was just too much.. and I didn't want to put too much pressure on the relationship. No I think he wouldn't have left me anyway but I also think it's good to try to spare your partner a little od possible. 

The nail thing sounds frightening! are you in pain? 

hi everyone this is my past anti depressant history, i am terrified daily of what i actually got myself into and this withdrawl is the worst that i am going through, i feel i am in purgatory. 

I took prozac 2011 to 2015 

lexapro 2016 to 2017 of march 

6 months of no medication in my system

Current status, not doing well, i have been given many advice on how to do mediations and think positive but i am waking up in daily nightmare, fear of the future, fear of future jobs. i WAS VERY close to my sister, she suddenly went away and now i am stuck just with mom and dad. They are taking care of me but i fight with them daily and they threaten calling hospital, i ruminate with them about the same conversation, why i started medicating, why i left my house and could not hold jobs, why i came back to living with them after failing to keep jobs, basically driving them nuts

Is this withdrawl?

i am in mental pain, wake up early morning, fear of future again driving me nuts. i dont take care of myself at all physically. i look a mess. My fear is that i will end up in a hospital, i am terrfied of this fear that i am alllowing it to control me daily. Can someone guide me regarding this ? PLEASE. there is little my parents can do 

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg 

On 9/7/2017 at 2:47 AM, Pepita said:

yes you are ruminating. I know how this feels:/ I had it with various different topics in my wirhdrawal (still get it sometimes but not as bad as it was in the beginning). You think it's your fault and then you blame yourself that you can't stop being that nefative. Well, you can't! it's chemistry. Of course your personality plays a role as well. Some people tend to be more negative than others and that adds to it but in general yes, it's very typical withdrawal.. also the 6 months is "normal". By normal mean I've heard this frommany orher people and I myself was as well felling horrible at 6 months. I didn't move in with my mum but I am living with my boyfriend, was spending half of the day at my mothers.. so yes, basically I needed NoT to be alone and to be cared for somehow. I continued to work but only because I am self employed and I could work from my own office which is the neighbour apartment to my mum's place. Basically I sat crying in my office a few hours a day, then went to my mum crying for a few hours.. then back home to my br where I forces myself not to cry;) he knew of my wd of course but I was so scared that he would leave me because I was just too much.. and I didn't want to put too much pressure on the relationship. No I think he wouldn't have left me anyway but I also think it's good to try to spare your partner a little od possible. 

The nail thing sounds frightening! are you in pain? 

Oh I am in terrible pain Pepita, I can't explain how I got myself, I have such few resources and living with two parent who push me to stay off medication, I understand, but I am in pain, I can't handle the fears that are controlling me. I live in NYC which is worse place to be in, and have 0 people around,

just my two parents. I am completely alone in this and only G-d can save me Pepita 

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg 

On 6/11/2017 at 7:25 PM, KarenB said:

Romichica,

You've done a good job of beginning to explain how you are feeling.  I can see that it's terribly hard for you.  Can you write a list of the symptoms you are having?  For example, are you having trouble sleeping?  Or do you have dizziness? 

You're at the hardest point right now.  Things will start to get better.  How do you take care of yourself?  Can you get some magnesium, dissolve it in water and sip it throughout the day?  That can help with anxiety.  You can do this one step at a time.  You are not alone here.

Karen

Karen

i feel so alone, I am daily terrified of mental health hospitals I feel really afraid of what I may have done to myself, the poverty I am and the damage 

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg 

• Moderator Emeritus

HiRomichica

I've asked the other mods for their thoughts on a very low reinstatement of Lexapro.

Do you have any lexapro?  If you don't do you have a prescription for some?  Or would you need to go to the doctor to get a prescription?

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Administrator

Hello, Romichica.

What is this pain? Is it physical? What is your daily symptom pattern? How is your sleep?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

7 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Hello, Romichica.

What is this pain? Is it physical? What is your daily symptom pattern? How is your sleep?

Hi Alto 

it is mental the pain, i ruminate daily about the past things that i have missed on and things i cannot hold, such as jobs, friendships etc. My daily system is not a healthy one, i cannot seem to change it, it has been six months now. I stopped the lexapro in march, since coming off anti depressant lexapro it has been hell, i have more anxiety and imbalance than ever. I did come off prozac but did not have such severe symptoms. Also i came back to living with family since i am unable to take care of myself. I feel like a failure daily on the things that i have missed on in the past. I cant seem to handle this very well, i do chat with a counselor on the phone, however i feel too afraid of this process. I never researched enough, i found out years later that taking anti depressants can lead to mental hospitals etc. Basically antidepressant turned me into a different person, manic, doing things out of character and completely promiscuous. I am quite scared of what will happen now, i am sleeping fine however i wake up in middle of night with nightmares pretty much daily. I wish i would have communicated to my parents but i never opened up and now they refuse to allow any medications in my life, they are trying to help me. 

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg 

On 9/10/2017 at 10:39 PM, ChessieCat said:

HiRomichica

I've asked the other mods for their thoughts on a very low reinstatement of Lexapro.

Do you have any lexapro?  If you don't do you have a prescription for some?  Or would you need to go to the doctor to get a prescription?

Hi Chesie

Thank you for getting back to me. I am pushing to not go on drugs, my family found out after 6 years that i was taking antidepressants, i never opened up to them, i am quite scared to experiment with medication again because it can get terribly bad for me, i guess my option is only the free of medication way, i cant seem to find any other way, my two parents  who are trying to help me will not allow any drugs whatsever, i just wish i could have opened up to them, i would not be in this hell i am in. 

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg 

Can't you take meds behind their back? A box of meds isn't hard to hide.

Took my first SSRI sipralexa/lexapro/escitalopram in 2007 for depression. In 2010 the doctor switched me to paroxetine/seroxat/paxil for anxiety.

My paroxetine story from then on:

2010-15 from 10mg up to 20mg

jan 2016 30mg

may 2016 0mg cold turkey (don't!)

dec 2016 symptoms: anxiety, tremor (could barely stand)

jan 2017 reinstated at 7.5mg to taper in steps of 10%

Dose changes from may 2017 to now: 

5.0/4.7/4.4/4.0/3.7/3.5/3.3/3.1mg

No I am soooo terrified of adding the drug to my brain I HAVE no clue how I will react 

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg 

• Moderator Emeritus

We urge all members here to learn and use non drug coping strategies.  Here is the linkNon-drug techniques

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• 3 weeks later...

In pain still, it has been 7 months since i have come off cold turkey of lexapro, 20mg-went 5mg very QUICK 

please everyone guide me for i am going through this hell only with my two parents, these are the symptoms i still fight daily,

1, ruminating thoughts 

2, depressed and constant fear of mental institution 

3,  fear of not able to handle future decisions

4, have become childlike, very slow thinking process, can handle only childish tasks 

still feel hopeless, not sure if i can face life, feel very fearful of days going by, please what is your intake?

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg 

• 2 weeks later...

I know this seems impossible when in the middle of this hell but  BREATHE and try to stay as calm as possible. Try to understand that everything you are feeling right now, all the sadness, all the crazy rumination in your head- it's NOT YOU! it's because your whole system is reacting to life without drugs. 

I know, because I have been there and soooo many (almost all) sympotms are gone for good and I feel

like my old self again. I never thought I'd get there! I sort of forgot the person I was before, but now I'm back:) I healed. And so will you- so try not to make it unnecessarily harder for you. 

Hey romichica07, 

I am a 25 years old girl too and began with ADs at 22, just like you did with Lexapro, and also I stopped taking my AD (Effexor) in March.

When the withdrawal acute phase started, I was feeling like you: 
- completely terrified by the future, I was thinking "I won't be able to graduate, I am lost, I will end up in some mental institution, I won't be able to get a job or simply live, tolerate adversities without breaking down"
-felt like nothing, ashamed of being alive, wanted to kill myself

-"I have no place to stay, my parents won't support me financially for the proper treatments because they don't understand"

My mother is bipolar (some kind of) and was ruined by psychiatry. As soon as she found out that I was taking medication , even if she was right, she became mad (actually she is -mad-). We split apart years ago, I don't live with her anymore, but that's another story. Also my father who lives in another town didn't understand anything. So I am not supported by parents neither, but I am lucky as I have a place to live alone. 

You are 25, you don't have to ask for their permission. In my case a small reinstatement of Prozac really made the difference, but I am currently cured by a psychiatrist who is an expert in withdrawal syndromes. 

I think that if you find the way to get the med, here you can find a lot of support for the dosage and stuff. Maybe they can treat you better than any doctor you know.

YOU ARE STILL YOUNG. You have an entire life ahead of you and it was a good thing that you tried to come off all of this at this age, you haven't lost anything, you will still be able to find a job as soon as you feel better. We have no children or family to run, at least. 

Where do you come from? I am from Italy, if your parents are Italian too I can prepare a speech for them, maybe. 

November 2014 - September 2015: Zoloft 50 mg, Trilafon 4mg, clonazepam 1mg
October 2015 - September 2016: Effexor 75 mg
September 2016 - January 2017: Effexor 150 mg
Stopped Effexor in March 2017 after tapering under medical supervision
The doctor I've now found is an expert in withdrawal from ADs
Persistent withdrawal syndrome since July 2017: Prozac 10 mg, clonazepam 0.5 mg, to cope with it.
December 2017 -  withdrawing from Prozac, 10 mg every 2 days
Drug free since January (?) 2018

Symptoms: pins and needles, burning skin sensations, PSSD, OCD, mood swings (a lot), malaise (a lot), muscle spasms, voice in my conscience. 

Doing not so bad, but I want to be the person I was. 
  • ChessieCat changed the title to romichica07: Started SSRI in college, shock I did not know what I got into

hello everyone,

i am following up on my Very difficult situation. i am 26, ffemale, i took lexapro for 6- 7 months and can be read in my content. When i moved in with my family, i was abruptly stopped the medication. The agony of withdrawl was hell, it lasted many months. After waiting for 8 months, i was not able and decided to go back to doctor. They basically reinstated me pn prozac 10 mg, I am in agony, its been three days i call people insane amount of times on the phone, i dont feel well mentally at all. Please what is going on 

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg 

The admins And the veterans of the site Will Help you i cant comment becuse i dont know mutch but you Will be ok dont worry

1. Zoloft(Generic)100 mg From 06/06/2016 to 02/10/2016                         
  2. Lexapro(Generic) 20 MG From 03/10/2016 to 05/2017                               Supplements: vitamin complex 
  3. Lexapro (Generic) CT 05/2017 
  4. 6/08/17- reinstated 10mg Lexapro(Generic)(50%of original doses )
  5. 02/11/2017- 9 mg Lexapro(Generic) (10 % rule) (Homemade)
  6. 04/12/2017- 8.75mg Lexapro(Generic)(BrassMonkey slide)
  7. 19/12/2017- 8.5mg Lexapro(Generic)
  8. 06/02/2018- 8.35mg Lexapro (Generic)
  9. 16/2/2018- 8.22mg Lexapro(Generic)
  10. 25/2/2018- 8.09mg Lexapro (Generic)-05/03/2018- 7.9mg Lexapro (Generic)-28/03/2018-7.75mg Lexapro (Generic)-04/04/2018-7.66mg Lexapro (Generic)18/05/2018-7.64mg Lexapro (brand Liquid)
  11. 28/6/2018 7.50mg lexapro (Brand Liquid ) 15/7/2018 7.40 mg Lexapro(brand liquid) 7.30 mg Lexapro(Liquid) 27-07-2018
  12. Forgot to update this but i continued to taper down until 21/12/2019 and final dose was 1.3 mg  Time since Stoping  3y and 4 mouths
  13.  xanax 16-01-2023 started 0.25 whent to 0.5 RX 1 week Back to 0.25 
  14. corrent dose 0.25 devided in 4 parts 

hi romi

I am no expert, but it sounds like you may have reinstated at way too high of a dose.  your body was stressed from the 8 months of wd and taking a full dose of a drug was probably too much.   I would probably stop the Prozac for now, but one of the moderators might have a better idea of what to do.

try reading Bellatrix's intro thread.  she posted an update two months back.  she was in withdrawal from Lexapro, too.  she had tried reinstating 5mg after 4 months in wd and had an adverse reaction and had to stop the drug.  later she reinstated very small micro doses, starting at .03 mg of liquid Lexapro  and worked her way up to .4 mg and says she instantly started feeling relief from most of her symptoms. 

Poetjester

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

On Zoloft (200 mg) and Zyprexa (17.5 mg) March 1998- Feb 2014

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

Romi, can you describe the "agony of withdrawal"? What were your symptoms?

Edit: I got confused, nevermind ha. Will read the full thread now.

Edited by eric

Sep 2011 - Diagnosed with GAD. Started Lexapro 10 mg. Helped with physical anxiety symptoms.

Nov 2013 - Mother passed away after 6 years of fighting rare neurological disorder.

Mar 2016 - Started tapering. Felt that the Lexapro was causing fatigue and weight gain.

For whatever reason, I alternated b/w days, e.g. 10mg, 5mg, 10mg...

Near end I was taking one 1.25mg dose every 2 weeks (not sure why I did it this way)

Dec 2016 - Finished tapering, Phase I acute symptoms weren't really significant

Apr 2017 - Phase II begins: depression, anxiety, fatigue, depersonalization, cynicism, brain fog, memory issues

Jul 2017 - First real "window" (lasted a few hours only)

Aug 2017 - Found this site

----

Shortening waves and broadening windows since. Lost 30 lbs. Outlook positive thanks to this site.

• Administrator

Hello, Romi.

Yes, 10mg Prozac may be too much for you. You may wish to try 2mg or even less. This topic explains how to make a liquid from the powder in the capsule so you can measure a very small amount Tips for tapering off Prozac (fluoxetine)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

hello everyone,

thank you for the guidance. My family again refuses to give me any kind of medicine, they have found out i decided to try prozac and threaten me to leave home. This means me becoming homeless, i am completely terrified of what my life has come down to, all because of not being able to handle any jobs. i am in pain. i am in hell. my mother is worse her mental health is very bad and she verbally abuses me daily. However i have no clue where to go, i am not well. Please can someone guide me please. 

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg 

Hey romi,

Seems like you are willing to re-instate a small amount now.

On 12-9-2017 at 6:25 AM, miT said:

Can't you take meds behind their back? A box of meds isn't hard to hide.

You are the one who has to bear cold turkey withdrawal. I would really disregard you parent's prejudice towards it. You're informed, you don't need their approval.

Took my first SSRI sipralexa/lexapro/escitalopram in 2007 for depression. In 2010 the doctor switched me to paroxetine/seroxat/paxil for anxiety.

jan 2016 30mg

Hello Everyone

I am in panic, it has been 6 months since i stopped my ssri lexapro ( about 20 mg) . Unfortunately I was not able to handle the symptoms and decided to try a new medicine. The doctor prescribed me prozac about 10 mg which i only took for three days and stopped. This was a terrible decision. I have been very unwell and have had worsening of symptoms. I am not handling my situation very well. How long will this new withdrawl last? Is this an addition to the lexapro withdrawl? Please let me know for me and my family are in panic. My doc days to just go to the hospital, I knew better but did not listen  

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg 

• Moderator Emeritus

Q:  What symptoms did you experience whilst taking prozac?

Q:  Have the symptoms lessened since you stopped taking the prozac?

• Administrator

Hi, Romichica.

What is your daily symptom pattern now?

Do you have any Prozac left?

hello everyone,

i am very very stupid girl, i completely played with my life and currently i am full of suicidal thoughts and mental agony. My family is crying over my stiuation meanwhile my brain feels completely fried. I went to speak with the doctor in september and she has told me that i was very manic and i needed latuda. Therefore i took two pills of 20 mg latuda, i know i was in agony and did not think of the consenquences. Again I had anger outburts and violent fights at home with my family not knowing what i had done. I went completely crazy from the latuda, i feel very very bad for trying it out. i am in pain which i have caused myself. i feel really suicidal. I then again went to the doctor and was told to take prozac 10 mg to start with. I took only 3 tablets and started throwing up terribly. please have i messed up too much at this point? I just reinstated with 1-2 mg of prozac but still my mental pain is very deep. I am not sure what i did and out of anger and fights at home i made decisions in anger. Please is there hope for me ...i am praying to not go to the hospital route please 

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg 

On 20/10/2017 at 9:22 AM, littleball said:

Hey romichica07, 

I am a 25 years old girl too and began with ADs at 22, just like you did with Lexapro, and also I stopped taking my AD (Effexor) in March.

When the withdrawal acute phase started, I was feeling like you: 
- completely terrified by the future, I was thinking "I won't be able to graduate, I am lost, I will end up in some mental institution, I won't be able to get a job or simply live, tolerate adversities without breaking down"
-felt like nothing, ashamed of being alive, wanted to kill myself

-"I have no place to stay, my parents won't support me financially for the proper treatments because they don't understand"

My mother is bipolar (some kind of) and was ruined by psychiatry. As soon as she found out that I was taking medication , even if she was right, she became mad (actually she is -mad-). We split apart years ago, I don't live with her anymore, but that's another story. Also my father who lives in another town didn't understand anything. So I am not supported by parents neither, but I am lucky as I have a place to live alone. 

You are 25, you don't have to ask for their permission. In my case a small reinstatement of Prozac really made the difference, but I am currently cured by a psychiatrist who is an expert in withdrawal syndromes. 

I think that if you find the way to get the med, here you can find a lot of support for the dosage and stuff. Maybe they can treat you better than any doctor you know.

YOU ARE STILL YOUNG. You have an entire life ahead of you and it was a good thing that you tried to come off all of this at this age, you haven't lost anything, you will still be able to find a job as soon as you feel better. We have no children or family to run, at least. 

Where do you come from? I am from Italy, if your parents are Italian too I can prepare a speech for them, maybe.

hii!!

i am very thankful you reached out to me. i am in terrible shape for I made the biggest mistake someone in my situation can make. I AM  suicidal at this point... i am very unwell i am not sure if i can even type, i am in very bad shape. I took three medications very irresponsibly. i cannot make sense of my situation right now. 

Edited by ChessieCat
Extracted response from quote

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg 

Hey, 
is there anyone you can trust that can help you in person other than your parents? I rely mostly on my boyfriend, maybe you have a friend or a relative to whom you can explain all of this mess!

If you feel suicidal, HOLD ON. It's not you!!! If someone commits suicide, it's because he has no options. YOU HAVE OPTIONS, because it's not you, it's the drug. 
But you have to find your way to unlock the situation. In the meanwhile, hold on, use your computer to watch a TV series, a comedy or something, it will help wasting your time. 

I would like to ask to the experts of the site if they know a reasonable doctor close to where you live. 

I was like you, the acute episode lasted a month. It's possible that it could last more, but then it will go away!!

Edited by ChessieCat
removed blank quote box
November 2014 - September 2015: Zoloft 50 mg, Trilafon 4mg, clonazepam 1mg
October 2015 - September 2016: Effexor 75 mg
September 2016 - January 2017: Effexor 150 mg
Stopped Effexor in March 2017 after tapering under medical supervision
The doctor I've now found is an expert in withdrawal from ADs
Persistent withdrawal syndrome since July 2017: Prozac 10 mg, clonazepam 0.5 mg, to cope with it.
December 2017 -  withdrawing from Prozac, 10 mg every 2 days
Drug free since January (?) 2018

Symptoms: pins and needles, burning skin sensations, PSSD, OCD, mood swings (a lot), malaise (a lot), muscle spasms, voice in my conscience. 

Doing not so bad, but I want to be the person I was. 

Please hold on to the drugs now. Of course there is hope for you, but you should sail into more steady waters. 

If you follow the mod advice regarding meds and are prepared to face some discomfort (we all do), then you have a 100% recovery expectancy.

jan 2016 30mg

Hello Everyone

these are the scary mistakes i have made during withdrawl of lexapro and i need help please, i am quite in mental anguish and not sure i can push this any longer. I have daily thoughts of ending it, please guide me. 

I took accidentally in anger 3  medications of latuda 

I took 3 antidepressants 10 mg prozac

Please guide me in this, i have really not allowed myself to heal i feel really hurt. 

Edited by ChessieCat
changed font size

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Romi,

Please try not to let the panic get the better of you, unfortunately it will only make your situation a lot worse.  I do understand that withdrawal can be difficult, particularly because your family doesn't understand what is going on, but when we are in withdrawal we have to try and guide and calm ourselves through some very difficult and uncomfortable symptoms.

I would try not to focus too much on taking laguna and prozac for a very short period of time and while I am sure that it has upset your central nervous system further, the effects will not last forever.  You are young and have the ability to bounce back from these setbacks and regain your health, it just might take a little time.

Unfortunately, suicidal ideation is sometimes experienced by members trying to taper off of antidepressants, and while I am sure these thoughts are frightening, I am going to ask you to ignore the thoughts when they come into your head.  This is a difficult withdrawal symptom to deal with and can be caused by tapering too quickly off of an antidepressant.  I am including a couple of links below that will provide information on how to get help in your area.  If the symptoms become too much to bear, I am hoping that you will take the steps to find someone in your community that you can speak with to help you through this difficult time.

http://www.suicide.org/hotlines/new-york-suicide-hotlines.html

For those who are feeling desperate or suicidal

Some members have found that finding techniques to incorporate into their day to help manage the withdrawal symptoms can be helpful and will include a few links that members have found helpful.  

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Claire Weekes' Method of Recovering from a Sensitized Nervous System

"Change the channel" -- dealing with cognitive symptoms
Change cognitive framing - Redirect - Another Way

Edited by baroquep

Current Prescription Drugs for Hypothyroidism:  Synthroid 100mcg / Cytomel 5mcg (15 years Pristiq/Effexor)

Tapering Schedule
September 15, 2016 - switched from Pristiq 50mg to Effexor XR 75mg; November 10, 2016 - reduced to 67.5 Effexor XR
December 9, 2016 - reduced 60.75
January 5, 2017 - reduced 54.67
January 30, 2017 - reduced to 49.0
February 20, 2017 - reduced to 44.0 
May 20, 2017 - reduced to 40.25 (holding for additional month due to late onset of withdrawal symptoms after this taper)
July 17, 2017 - reduced to 38.24
August 15, 2017 - reduced to 37.5 (50% of my original dose)

October 15, 2017 - reduced to 35.6

November 12, 2017 - reduced to 33.8
December 15, 2017 - up-dose to 35.6
December 28, 2017 - up-dose to 37.5

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2017 at 7:04 PM, Altostrata said:

Hi, Romichica.

What is your daily symptom pattern now?

Do you have any Prozac left?

Alto please I completely messed up is there hope for my mind to heal please I did not listen to what was told to me I took prozac 10 mg for four days stopped once again please can you help me please 

Prozac 2012-2015 20mg 

Lexapro 2016-2017 20mg