Jump to content
MiguelFreeman

MiguelFreeman: question about Lexapro

Recommended Posts

ChessieCat

That's good that you are able to make your own liquid.  Make sure that you do it the same way every time.

 

Also remember to keep notes on paper of your symptoms.  This can help you to see improvements or things that worsen that you may not feel.

Share this post


Link to post
MiguelFreeman

hehe, my pharmacist said to my mother if I did small reductions that it would kill my neurons and my mother almost tried to make me stop tapering xd but I fell soo better this people... 

Share this post


Link to post
MiguelFreeman

hi all I am at 9 mg of escitalopram only started to see a difference at 3 days and is just a bit depress and some suicidal toughs but very mild some anxiety maybe duo to vaping nicotine  I had the sense of depression mild and suicidal toughs but mild even when I was at 10 mg, but the anxiety started when I started the taper 5 days ago  but its mild and short-lived  don't know if its caused by the nicotine ( i have stopped coffee altogether ) does it means that the 10 % taper is for me because they are mild  not that hard to coupe and come and go they don't even compare when i CT at 20 mg 

Share this post


Link to post
MiguelFreeman

 hi and I have another question I am making my liquid each day 10 ml + 1 pill of 10 mg escitalopram for a 1:1 ratio, take 9 ml :9 mg but when I try to see whats left its only like 0.7 ml in the liquid and I see these particles on the bottle where there is no liquid maybe the rest are  those particles ?

 

and I am using a 2.5ml syringe to take the medication and to measure the water 

Share this post


Link to post
MiguelFreeman
On 02/11/2017 at 9:59 PM, ChessieCat said:

That's good that you are able to make your own liquid.  Make sure that you do it the same way every time.

 

Also remember to keep notes on paper of your symptoms.  This can help you to see improvements or things that worsen that you may not feel.

hi I have been taking the homemade solution for 2 weeks now and doing great on my drop from 10 mg to 9 mg I recently went to my new psychiatrist and talked about withdrawing slowly and he agreed and prescribed me escitalopram in liquid form 20mg/ml 

my question is how do I dilute this so  can have a concentration of 1 mg per ml 

and I had 

REACTIVE DEPRESSION  

 

Edited by ChessieCat
reduced font

Share this post


Link to post
manymoretodays

That's interesting.  The new term "reactive" depression(in the linked article)........very similar to "situational" depression.  I also like how they throw in "adjustment disorder".  Oh, I definitely have that too from time to time depending on the situation......;):blink:

 

I'm really proud of you for getting off the Xanax after only 4 mos.

 

You've still got a couple weeks until your next decrease.......there are some recent posts on the subject of dilution and hopefully Ccat will come on by before then and make you a chart or link you to something where you can do your own chart. 

 

Have you switched your current 9 mg. dose over to the new liquid(not homemade kind) yet?  It's possible you may need to adjust to the different formulation(your new form of Lexapro).   Sometimes we do feel great right after a reduction........don't be fooled though, as you know, it is better to keep going slowly.  You'll have a much better chance at staying functional.

 

Did your Dr. give you plenty of refills for the liquid? 

 

And do you have a good supply still of your tablets?  You might consider to keep going with a homemade solution if you have any problem switching to the new product.

 

What are you going to use for a mixing vessel?  And do you have additional oral syringes on hand?  The markings do tend to wear out and you have got a fairly long haul ahead that requires patience.

 

On 11/3/2017 at 6:44 AM, MiguelFreeman said:

hehe, my pharmacist said to my mother if I did small reductions that it would kill my neurons and my mother almost tried to make me stop tapering xd but I fell soo better this people... 

 

That's pretty crazy.  

 

Best,  hugs

mmt

 

Share this post


Link to post
MiguelFreeman
3 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

That's interesting.  The new term "reactive" depression(in the linked article)........very similar to "situational" depression.  I also like how they throw in "adjustment disorder".  Oh, I definitely have that too from time to time depending on the situation......;):blink:

 

I'm really proud of you for getting off the Xanax after only 4 mos.

 

You've still got a couple weeks until your next decrease.......there are some recent posts on the subject of dilution and hopefully Ccat will come on by before then and make you a chart or link you to something where you can do your own chart. 

 

Have you switched your current 9 mg. dose over to the new liquid(not homemade kind) yet?  It's possible you may need to adjust to the different formulation(your new form of Lexapro).   Sometimes we do feel great right after a reduction........don't be fooled though, as you know, it is better to keep going slowly.  You'll have a much better chance at staying functional.

 

Did your Dr. give you plenty of refills for the liquid? 

 

And do you have a good supply still of your tablets?  You might consider to keep going with a homemade solution if you have any problem switching to the new product.

 

What are you going to use for a mixing vessel?  And do you have additional oral syringes on hand?  The markings do tend to wear out and you have got a fairly long haul ahead that requires patience.

 

 

That's pretty crazy.  

 

Best,  hugs

mmt

 

I used clear duct tap around the markings and by doing that they don't wear out  I am sticking whit homemade until  I get better guidance by chessiecat  I will keep going slow that psychiatrist told me to go faster and drop off at 4 mg, ah haha I laughed my way out  amazing ty god I found this forum  I am using a urine sample jar that they sell on the pharmacy normally I do the dose for the day each day,the lexapro form I tink its identical just in liquid becose its the generic one I always ask for generic 

I have a 56 pill box in here so plenty + 2 prescriptions of 15 ml of 20mg/ml 

Share this post


Link to post
manymoretodays

Great......I used urine cups too for my mixing vessel when coming off my last one.  If you make a double batch anytime put it in a brown paper bag in the fridge.......most stuff is good for 2 or 3 days.

 

Yah.....you could also just find some of her recent posts, to folks with the same questions, and do your own math and plan, and then have her check it.......ChessieCat.  I would link you somewhere but.......lol.........

 

Duct tape rocks!!!  As do urine cups!

 

Best,

mmt

Share this post


Link to post
ChessieCat

Currently taking:  9 mg

 

Liquid escitalopram:  20mg/ml

 

Add 1ml drug (20mg dose) to 20ml water - each 1ml liquid will be 1mg dose

 

The amount would be enough for 2 days.  Extract and take 9ml for a dose of 9mg.  Don't worry about what quantity is left, just throw it out after you take the second dose.

 

I will call them HM ( home made) and PL (pharmacy liquid) to make it easier.

 

If you want to do a switch over from home made liquid to pharmacy liquid, which is gentlest on your brain, you could take the following combinations for 2 or 3 days each:

 

6ml HM + 3ml PL

5ml HM + 4ml PL

4ml HM + 5ml PL

3ml HM + 6ml PL

Share this post


Link to post
MiguelFreeman
7 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Currently taking:  9 mg

 

Liquid escitalopram:  20mg/ml

 

Add 1ml drug (20mg dose) to 20ml water - each 1ml liquid will be 1mg dose

 

The amount would be enough for 2 days.  Extract and take 9ml for a dose of 9mg.  Don't worry about what quantity is left, just throw it out after you take the second dose.

 

I will call them HM ( home made) and PL (pharmacy liquid) to make it easier.

 

If you want to do a switch over from home made liquid to pharmacy liquid, which is gentlest on your brain, you could take the following combinations for 2 or 3 days each:

 

6ml HM + 3ml PL

5ml HM + 4ml PL

4ml HM + 5ml PL

3ml HM + 6ml PL

ty I have 2 box of 56 pills that I can still buy + one that I have that is around 40 + pills + the liquid version 2 x 15 ml of 20mg/ml gonna stay on the homemade until I start getting close to low dosages and then make the switch don't wanna make the switch and my GP refusing to give me the liquid  I am getting no symptoms at all that I can blame on the taper I have the normal side effects of taking this crap like sleepy, some acid reflux ,and some times a bit bund down but thats normal side effect I think, Sexual side effects are not that bad a bit of lack of pleasure a

 

and lack of unintentional stiffys 

ChessieCat ty a lot for your support and guidance you will not be forgotten me and you will right our success stories I believe it 

<3

Share this post


Link to post
MiguelFreeman
15 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Great......I used urine cups too for my mixing vessel when coming off my last one.  If you make a double batch anytime put it in a brown paper bag in the fridge.......most stuff is good for 2 or 3 days.

 

Yah.....you could also just find some of her recent posts, to folks with the same questions, and do your own math and plan, and then have her check it.......ChessieCat.  I would link you somewhere but.......lol.........

 

Duct tape rocks!!!  As do urine cups!

 

Best,

mmt

today I tried coffee again gave me a bit on anxiety  but I don't know if its the coffee or the taper  I quite nicotine 3 days ago so I really don't know prob nicotine since my taper is on its 2 weeks and didn't have much anxiety on the 1 week 

Share this post


Link to post
ChessieCat

You are very welcome.

 

Well done on quitting nicotine.  I've given up smoking (a long time ago) and about 3 days is when it really kicks in.  Hopefully it will get easier from now on.  The caffeine probably doesn't help so it would probably be best not to drink that.

 

It seems like you are doing all right making the home made liquid. Q: What dose are the tablets that you are using?  We might be able to work out a way to make your dose and not waste them so they last longer.

Share this post


Link to post
MiguelFreeman
7 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

You are very welcome.

 

Well done on quitting nicotine.  I've given up smoking (a long time ago) and about 3 days is when it really kicks in.  Hopefully it will get easier from now on.  The caffeine probably doesn't help so it would probably be best not to drink that.

 

It seems like you are doing all right making the home made liquid. Q: What dose are the tablets that you are using?  We might be able to work out a way to make your dose and not waste them so they last longer.

10mg

 

Share this post


Link to post
ChessieCat

When you get to 7.5mg or under you could dissolve 3 tablets in 3 times the water (total 30mg) and you would get 4 doses of 7.5mg.  This would be okay storage wise.  Once you get to 6mg doses you would then be able to to dissolve 2 tablets in double the amount water (20mg) and get 3 doses.

Share this post


Link to post
MiguelFreeman
10 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

When you get to 7.5mg or under you could dissolve 3 tablets in 3 times the water (total 30mg) and you would get 4 doses of 7.5mg.  This would be okay storage wise.  Once you get to 6mg doses you would then be able to to dissolve 2 tablets in double the amount water (20mg) and get 3 doses.

I am thinking about droping to 8 instead of 8.1

Share this post


Link to post
MiguelFreeman
11 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

When you get to 7.5mg or under you could dissolve 3 tablets in 3 times the water (total 30mg) and you would get 4 doses of 7.5mg.  This would be okay storage wise.  Once you get to 6mg doses you would then be able to to dissolve 2 tablets in double the amount water (20mg) and get 3 doses.

I have been feeling a hot sensation Whit burning  in between my shoulder blades right in the center and a slight acid reflux but really minor what's might that be ?

Share this post


Link to post
ChessieCat
4 hours ago, MiguelFreeman said:

I am thinking about droping to 8 instead of 8.1

 

Because it is only 0.1mg extra it may be okay to go to 8mg.  However it is generally better to round the amount up so that it is less than 10% instead of rounding down and it being more than 10%.  Are you able to measure 8.25ml?

 

The other option is to reduce by less and hold for a shorter period of time.  So instead of reducing to 8ml you could reduce to 8.5ml and hold for 17 days and then to 8ml for another 18 days.  My calculation for this is to reduce by 2ml over a period of 5 weeks.  So 5 weeks = 35 days, and I halved it.

 

Or, reduce to 8.5ml for 3 weeks and then to 8ml for another 3 weeks.

 

Of course you will need to listen to your body and keep daily notes on paper of your symptoms and if you experience any withdrawal symptoms then you would hold for a bit longer.

 

There are many existing topics on the SA site.  I use google and add survivingantidepressants.org to my search term.  So for your two questions search separately for survivingantidepressants.org burning, and the other topic survivingantidepressants.org reflux

Share this post


Link to post
MiguelFreeman
3 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

 

Because it is only 0.1mg extra it may be okay to go to 8mg.  However it is generally better to round the amount up so that it is less than 10% instead of rounding down and it being more than 10%.  Are you able to measure 8.25ml?

 

The other option is to reduce by less and hold for a shorter period of time.  So instead of reducing to 8ml you could reduce to 8.5ml and hold for 17 days and then to 8ml for another 18 days.  My calculation for this is to reduce by 2ml over a period of 5 weeks.  So 5 weeks = 35 days, and I halved it.

 

Or, reduce to 8.5ml for 3 weeks and then to 8ml for another 3 weeks.

 

Of course you will need to listen to your body and keep daily notes on paper of your symptoms and if you experience any withdrawal symptoms then you would hold for a bit longer.

 

There are many existing topics on the SA site.  I use google and add survivingantidepressants.org to my search term.  So for your two questions search separately for survivingantidepressants.org burning, and the other topic survivingantidepressants.org reflux

I will go Whit the 5week plan

Share this post


Link to post
MiguelFreeman
4 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

 

Because it is only 0.1mg extra it may be okay to go to 8mg.  However it is generally better to round the amount up so that it is less than 10% instead of rounding down and it being more than 10%.  Are you able to measure 8.25ml?

 

The other option is to reduce by less and hold for a shorter period of time.  So instead of reducing to 8ml you could reduce to 8.5ml and hold for 17 days and then to 8ml for another 18 days.  My calculation for this is to reduce by 2ml over a period of 5 weeks.  So 5 weeks = 35 days, and I halved it.

 

Or, reduce to 8.5ml for 3 weeks and then to 8ml for another 3 weeks.

 

Of course you will need to listen to your body and keep daily notes on paper of your symptoms and if you experience any withdrawal symptoms then you would hold for a bit longer.

 

There are many existing topics on the SA site.  I use google and add survivingantidepressants.org to my search term.  So for your two questions search separately for survivingantidepressants.org burning, and the other topic survivingantidepressants.org reflux

I have been doing ok I have some moments I am a bit down but I come back to normal after i distract  my shelf , I am now stopping to look for others horrible story's it's making me fearful and that's not helping once again ty for your wonderful support hope you are doing well 

Share this post


Link to post
MiguelFreeman
4 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

 

Because it is only 0.1mg extra it may be okay to go to 8mg.  However it is generally better to round the amount up so that it is less than 10% instead of rounding down and it being more than 10%.  Are you able to measure 8.25ml?

 

The other option is to reduce by less and hold for a shorter period of time.  So instead of reducing to 8ml you could reduce to 8.5ml and hold for 17 days and then to 8ml for another 18 days.  My calculation for this is to reduce by 2ml over a period of 5 weeks.  So 5 weeks = 35 days, and I halved it.

 

Or, reduce to 8.5ml for 3 weeks and then to 8ml for another 3 weeks.

 

Of course you will need to listen to your body and keep daily notes on paper of your symptoms and if you experience any withdrawal symptoms then you would hold for a bit longer.

 

There are many existing topics on the SA site.  I use google and add survivingantidepressants.org to my search term.  So for your two questions search separately for survivingantidepressants.org burning, and the other topic survivingantidepressants.org reflux

I haven't been journaling my symptoms for some time now because I really don't feel nothing that I could say that is linked to  the taper I do have a slight acid reflux but antidepressants do that ,A bit sleepy but that's it .

I now drink just one coffee a day and doing fine and I am using a 2.5ml syringe  for this early drops its fine when I get to the lower doses I might have to use a 1ml insulin syringe

Share this post


Link to post
manymoretodays

Good job Miguel......especially on the quitting cigarettes!  I still do my one cuppa/mug mocha cinnamon turmeric coconut oil java/coffee.  Sometimes more but just one is best for me.  I explore lot's of herbal teas which are yummy with honey.  Stay off the cigarettes......ugh........it's really my last vice to go and I am hopeful.

 

Use a calendar even for a mini journal.......it can really help.  Or start writing in regular journal........it's creative.

 

Rooting for you!

 

mmt

Share this post


Link to post
MiguelFreeman
1 minute ago, manymoretodays said:

Good job Miguel......especially on the quitting cigarettes!  I still do my one cuppa/mug mocha cinnamon turmeric coconut oil java/coffee.  Sometimes more but just one is best for me.  I explore lot's of herbal teas which are yummy with honey.  Stay off the cigarettes......ugh........it's really my last vice to go and I am hopeful.

 

Use a calendar even for a mini journal.......it can really help.  Or start writing in regular journal........it's creative.

 

Rooting for you!

 

mmt

Ty I might get into having a journal not sure how to do it what do you right in there

Share this post


Link to post
manymoretodays

Miguel, if you go to the symptoms and self care section I think there are 2 topics on journaling to help give you ideas.  If you can't find them........just use your search engine and type in "journaling survivingantidepressants.org "

 

Sorry I couldn't link them here.

 

Or just use an old fashioned calendar with the boxes for the days and jot yourself little notes about how you felt, anything you added or changed(including food stuff, supplements, etc.) and then maybe even use different colored pens or pencils to color the boxes as to how you feel overall........maybe yellow/orange for happy, red for anxious obsessive mess, blue for down and out, etc.

 

On the calendar you will get a feel for your overall stability over time and also get a good idea about what helped or what hindered your healing.

 

Or just write poems.......in "off topic" there's a poetry section.  If you feel like swearing there is even a swearing place in off topic........sometimes it helps to burn off steam.  It always makes me laugh to swear like a pirate and breaks up my anger, lightens my mood.

 

Hope that helps.

 

Buenos nochas(good night??)

 

mmt

Share this post


Link to post
MiguelFreeman
On 16/11/2017 at 6:20 AM, manymoretodays said:

Miguel, if you go to the symptoms and self care section I think there are 2 topics on journaling to help give you ideas.  If you can't find them........just use your search engine and type in "journaling survivingantidepressants.org "

 

Sorry I couldn't link them here.

 

Or just use an old fashioned calendar with the boxes for the days and jot yourself little notes about how you felt, anything you added or changed(including food stuff, supplements, etc.) and then maybe even use different colored pens or pencils to color the boxes as to how you feel overall........maybe yellow/orange for happy, red for anxious obsessive mess, blue for down and out, etc.

 

On the calendar you will get a feel for your overall stability over time and also get a good idea about what helped or what hindered your healing.

 

Or just write poems.......in "off topic" there's a poetry section.  If you feel like swearing there is even a swearing place in off topic........sometimes it helps to burn off steam.  It always makes me laugh to swear like a pirate and breaks up my anger, lightens my mood.

 

Hope that helps.

 

Buenos nochas(good night??)

 

mmt

well I did start journaling and it helps a lot I have gotten sick in the past 2 days (food poisoning) I was stupid enough to drink ice cold black bear after only 1.5 hours after eating stopped my digestion and lead me to this shity vomiting and diarrhea but it improved greatly in 1-day  but when I was vomiting and stuff I was soo afraid it was whitdrawl becouse that happen to me when I stoped CT but then I calmed my shelf down I realized that its nothing to do whit that becose  its already 17 days since I made the cut soo and it was a 10 % Decresse  

I do sometimes get A lot of fear don't know if it is from browsing videos that eventually scare me  or side effects but so far its really mild sometimes I feel a bit depressed very slight in the mornings ,I am having this idea that I because I like sleeping that I am depressed even dow its just tired and I don't feel depressed (when I had depression I couldn't sleep 

 

it would be great to have a chat to talk live by voice  

by the way, i am actually supporting a member here that is from my country I msg her every day to see how she is doing she has been on antidepressants for 4 years and doing a bit bad 

Her Name is http://survivingantidepressants.org/profile/8847-deise/

Share this post


Link to post
manymoretodays

Hi Miguel, 

 

That sounds good your journaling.  What is cold black bear?  Fear/anxiety is part of early withdrawal often.  I took it real easy for about a year when I first started here.

 

I don't have skype and don't do chat rooms, unless it's some kind of customer service.  I think some here may do FB, a private group, so that hopefully no one else but the group members see your posts.  So you could try that.  Go to the relationship section and scroll down until you find the FB group post.  Yes......voice is always nice too.  I am kind of off the more acute phase of W/D now though.........maybe you could find someone like Deise to do phone with or someone else in your time zone?  It's just not my thing.  I talk to one or two locals(not in W/D) daily and usually get my social through AA meetings, and maybe church soon, neighbors, etc.  I was doing sweat lodges and liked that group/community too.  We are unfortunately without a lodge site again though....... so it may not be again until Spring. 

 

Sounds like you are coping well enough.  I know it's real hard sometimes.

 

Best,  Hugs,

mmt

Share this post


Link to post
MiguelFreeman
On 15/11/2017 at 10:11 PM, ChessieCat said:

 

Because it is only 0.1mg extra it may be okay to go to 8mg.  However it is generally better to round the amount up so that it is less than 10% instead of rounding down and it being more than 10%.  Are you able to measure 8.25ml?

 

The other option is to reduce by less and hold for a shorter period of time.  So instead of reducing to 8ml you could reduce to 8.5ml and hold for 17 days and then to 8ml for another 18 days.  My calculation for this is to reduce by 2ml over a period of 5 weeks.  So 5 weeks = 35 days, and I halved it.

 

Or, reduce to 8.5ml for 3 weeks and then to 8ml for another 3 weeks.

 

Of course you will need to listen to your body and keep daily notes on paper of your symptoms and if you experience any withdrawal symptoms then you would hold for a bit longer.

 

There are many existing topics on the SA site.  I use google and add survivingantidepressants.org to my search term.  So for your two questions search separately for survivingantidepressants.org burning, and the other topic survivingantidepressants.org reflux

hi ChessieCat I need your help on understanding something, I am currently going trow food poisoning and the suicidal toughs come from nowhere and go and come back normally it is in the morning but now it hit me at night its like it shows me items of what I could do the act But I SHALL NEVER GIVE UP I Love my shelf and my family too much for that  because we are all sick at home we all got food poisoning , we don't go out much  I 

had this toughs before the taper but now sometimes are a bit stronger and I have this low tinnitus that starts strong and goes away like 25 Seconds I feel that is the brain adjusting do I need to go slower on the next cut? I urge for your response ty 

Share this post


Link to post
MiguelFreeman

I did talk to a fellow comrade that have quit antidepressants long time and it seems common have this intrusive thoughts that come and go 

Share this post


Link to post
mona11

Hi Miguel, maybe you should stabilize your dose for a longer time. I don't do any cut while I don't feel stable enough to do so. We all have intrusive thoughts, but suicidal thoughts can be scary. I never had them, but I can imagine that they can be scary. Have you tried Claire Weeks books. Maybe you can get some help from them. Also, you should have some support from people that are close to you. Online support is good, but I believe that for suicidal thoughts you need real people to talk to, maybe some therapy. But, that is just how I think. I sometimes have some tinnitus, but it goes away in about 5 to 10 seconds. I also believe we all have some tinnitus, but the slower we do our cuttings the better the chances we won't get bad tinnitus and bad withdrawing symptoms. I see you are from Portugal. I was born in Brazil, so English is my second language, too. :)    

Share this post


Link to post
MiguelFreeman
10 hours ago, mona11 said:

Hi Miguel, maybe you should stabilize your dose for a longer time. I don't do any cut while I don't feel stable enough to do so. We all have intrusive thoughts, but suicidal thoughts can be scary. I never had them, but I can imagine that they can be scary. Have you tried Claire Weeks books. Maybe you can get some help from them. Also, you should have some support from people that are close to you. Online support is good, but I believe that for suicidal thoughts you need real people to talk to, maybe some therapy. But, that is just how I think. I sometimes have some tinnitus, but it goes away in about 5 to 10 seconds. I also believe we all have some tinnitus, but the slower we do our cuttings the better the chances we won't get bad tinnitus and bad withdrawing symptoms. I see you are from Portugal. I was born in Brazil, so English is my second language, too. :)    

Well the suicidal toughs very from day 2 day and are usually shortlived I am listing to my body soo far and I think this was mostly caused by the food poisoning  that I had on the 17 of November but I  need to go out more and distract my shelf seems that my problem is lack of socializing  well no one shude have to go true this expecialy  18s or 20 y old that are still adpating like I am but well gota keep strong  I will hold until I feel stable enough  they suicidal toughts are not the defult ones that happen to all of has they are like images of things that I cood kill me shelf it's just stupid realy  , if I talk about them they will make me stay on this **** , gona hold until i stable even dow this one are miner and vary alot day 2 day next cut I will do 5 % hold 17 days then anoter 5 % and hold 18 days 

 

Edited by ChessieCat
removed obscenty

Share this post


Link to post
MiguelFreeman
On 21/11/2017 at 3:20 AM, ChessieCat said:

hi ty for your support I do have a question the withdrawal symptoms I have is intrusive toughs that don't last very

 

mutch when I see videos of guns and thing like that comes a weak sense of suicidal toughs I am on 9 mg and it has been 20 days, today I got out of the house more and they alleviated a lot like nonexistent I don't wanna mess up the taper , Dues these symptoms including the depressed mood some times of the day , Mild enough that I  can make the next cut when it completes 1 mouth on the 2/dezember or shude I taper by less the next time 

ty and I ty once more for your help 

hope you are doing better I am sorry for this questions but I just dont wona mess this up 

Share this post


Link to post
ChessieCat

If you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms which you didn't have before the last dose reduction, then it might be better if you wait a bit longer before reducing again.  It's important to listen to your body and not worry about reducing on a certain date.  In other words, throw out the calendar!

 

It's only been about 6 months since you cold turkeyed Lexapro and you have made 4 dose changes in about 4 months.  Also, from your signature:

 

Xanax- started on 11/2016 slowly taper off and Stoped taking it regularly on 03/2017 doses 0.5 per day (Mexazolam, 1 mg 1/12/15)

Took it again for 1 week and reduced it slowly and went off 08/2017 

 

All these changes affect our brain because every time we make a change the brain has to adapt to the change.

Share this post


Link to post
MiguelFreeman
21 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

If you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms which you didn't have before the last dose reduction, then it might be better if you wait a bit longer before reducing again.  It's important to listen to your body and not worry about reducing on a certain date.  In other words, throw out the calendar!

 

It's only been about 6 months since you cold turkeyed Lexapro and you have made 4 dose changes in about 4 months.  Also, from your signature:

 

Xanax- started on 11/2016 slowly taper off and Stoped taking it regularly on 03/2017 doses 0.5 per day (Mexazolam, 1 mg 1/12/15)

Took it again for 1 week and reduced it slowly and went off 08/2017 

 

All these changes affect our brain because every time we make a change the brain has to adapt to the change.

Ok I gonna wait it out I am starting to see improvement when they become very mild I do the 5%drop for 17 days and see how I reacted if it's all ok I do the other 5%

Share this post


Link to post
MiguelFreeman
On 23/11/2017 at 9:04 PM, ChessieCat said:

If you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms which you didn't have before the last dose reduction, then it might be better if you wait a bit longer before reducing again.  It's important to listen to your body and not worry about reducing on a certain date.  In other words, throw out the calendar!

 

It's only been about 6 months since you cold turkeyed Lexapro and you have made 4 dose changes in about 4 months.  Also, from your signature:

 

Xanax- started on 11/2016 slowly taper off and Stoped taking it regularly on 03/2017 doses 0.5 per day (Mexazolam, 1 mg 1/12/15)

Took it again for 1 week and reduced it slowly and went off 08/2017 

 

All these changes affect our brain because every time we make a change the brain has to adapt to the change.

Well the food poisoning was recovering well but I eated something Tha made my digestive system go crazy I have liquid diarrhea and vomiting seems to be improving but my question is how do I know if it is whitdraw , I really don't wanna up dose if this is not related to the taper ,I have been having shaking I think it's anxiety last time I CT it was pain in the stomach but not diarrhea or vomiting

Share this post


Link to post
ChessieCat

It might be a good idea to keep a diary of what foods you eat and what type of bowel motions you have to see if there is a food that is causing the problem, or making this worse.  Check out this topic:

 

digestive-problems-nausea-diarrhea-bloating-gerd

 

Edited to add:

 

It may be that your central nervous system has been sensitised with your doses changes so that after getting food poisoning your body is taking longer to settle down.  I think the best thing to do at this time is to hold on the dose you are on.

Edited by ChessieCat

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy