Weight gain, weight loss, appetite changes, hunger

Neuroplastic

I had no appetite for a while lost 20 lbs in 2 mos but then I reinstated I have been back on meds since May. I am feeling hungry now but still have some food sensitivities and can't eat a ton. I am still having some mild WD but it is bearable. I am eating organic no sugar, dairy or alcohol. I recommend it highly. It has helped me heal. I am out 9 months. It definitely gets better!

Zoloft 6mg gabapentin 600 mg lamictal 25 mg

Thank you, Weasel!  I have been struggling with autoimmune issues for several years now so I've been more conscious about my diet.  (Also, ironically why I wanted to come off the meds...trying to be healthier and stop poisoning myself unnecessarily).  I consume as little sugar as possible, except for fruit.  Very little dairy (become lactose intolerant as an adult, but now I wonder if it had to do with the meds).  Dairy has been bad for my autoimmune inflammation issues.  Organic as much as I can or my wallet will allow.  I drink very little alcohol, very rarely, and it has been a couple of months since I've had any.  You mentioned you are back on the meds..is that what helped with your appetite?  I'm concerned my appetite won't return unless I DO go back on the meds. :/  Anyway, thanks for you input!

Anxiety/Panic since childhood. Depressive symptoms related to periods of anxiety. Meds suggested by therapist in my late 20's.  

Celexa 40 mg 2001-2007 

Switched by Doc to Lexapro 20 mg 2007-2016

Discontinued after VERY short taper by doc late June '16 - went from 20 mg (reg dose) to 10 mg for 2 weeks, then nothing.

Major withdrawal symptoms started late July '16.

* Other info: Thyroid removed '09, autoimmune diagnoses.  Synthroid 75 mg, Armour Thyroid 30 mg daily. *

REINSTATED 2.5 mg Lexapro 9/7/16.

I don't know if it was the meds or just stabilizing my system that gave me back my appetite. I have a feeling it was both. Here is a recipe I drink every day. It is rather inexpensive to make and is very good for you!

1/4 cup oats

1 tsp olive oil

4 tbsp organic peanut butter

1 banana

2 cups coconut milk

1 medium avocado

Great smoothie ! Easy on the system!

Hugs and prayers!

Zoloft 6mg gabapentin 600 mg lamictal 25 mg

Thanks, Weasel!  I have a bunch of smoothie recipes but they were for when I was TRYING to lose weight...lol!  I will add this one to the repertoire.  I'm sure my stomach has shrunken a bit from not eating much the past month.  I'm trying to stay hydrated as well, so I become full pretty easily.  Doesn't help the situation!  

Anxiety/Panic since childhood. Depressive symptoms related to periods of anxiety. Meds suggested by therapist in my late 20's.  

Celexa 40 mg 2001-2007 

Switched by Doc to Lexapro 20 mg 2007-2016

Discontinued after VERY short taper by doc late June '16 - went from 20 mg (reg dose) to 10 mg for 2 weeks, then nothing.

Major withdrawal symptoms started late July '16.

* Other info: Thyroid removed '09, autoimmune diagnoses.  Synthroid 75 mg, Armour Thyroid 30 mg daily. *

REINSTATED 2.5 mg Lexapro 9/7/16.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't found anything like this on this site so here it goes:

Quick note: I was recovering from anorexia when I went on celexa, which messed up some hormones and my hungers even more than what anorexia had done.

Once I began my taper, my brain hasn't ever fully registered satiaty. Essentially, no matter how much I eat (albeit sometimes not a lot, because of nausea) and even if I eat a whole calorie dense meal, my brain still says I'm starving. No matter how much I eat, my brain always says eat more (I can't without puking). Go to bed hungry, wake up starving, everyday.

Any thoughts on what to do? Eat smaller meals isn't an option, I've tried; eating more isn't an option; changing what I eat isn't an option; just curious if anyone has thoughts on why my brain may be so messed up.

Trying inositol 2x daily to see if it helps.

Feeling like I'm starving perpetually is really starting to mess with me psychologically.

4/24/16: 20 mg citalopram

8/1/16: 15 mg

8/22/16: 10 mg

9/16/16: reinstated to 12 mg

12/1/16: 11 mg

2/20/17: 10 mg

11/20/17: CT, med free

1/18/18: began regimen (keto, synthroid, supps, etc.)

11/21/18: off keto, lowered synthroid, began exercise

2/07/19: off synthroid/all supps

4/15/19: began tirosint (clean version of synthroid, with less side effects)

i had a version of this except mine was assuaged by carbs.  the only thing that helped was homeopathy.  but not before i turned into a blimp from being slender.

many years ago given sinequan for depression bad reaction so tiny dose of meleril to balance... quit after a year or so c/t

years pass no drugs

reg doc had me try all of the  a/d bc of upset due to divorce.  couldn't handle any.  took klonopin to sleep .5 mg  2003

taper klonopin

hooked on tramadol accidentally. 2006-2008 husband had migraines and took them like candy. so i became dependent too.  c/t  2008

diagnosis of porphyria after years of symptoms,  then toxic event made me really ill.

gabapentin 300mg every 3 hours , 6x day.

propranolol   180 mg  6x / day

since 2012

clonazepam prescribed as 1 mg / day  but beginning to take more to deal with withdrawals and sleeplessness

What do you mean by homeopathy? I noticed soda helps take the edge off (any sugary beverage really).

And yes, I'm turning from slender into a blimp myself.

Did this ever go away for you? If so I would love any advice, I'm reaching my breaking point..

I've had something similar-while on my last antidepressant; some days I can get by with a 'normal' amount of food, other days- I'm ravenous.

There were times I could eat until I vomited, and STILL not feel satiated. 

The best thing I can recommend: Food Variety. Try to insure that you're getting a full supply of nutrients and vitamins. The RDA for vitamins is for someone who is already healthy- technically- we're not healthy. Our brain and nervous system are in flux and therefore in healing mode. Someone in healing needs MORE nutrients. 

To keep from turning into a blimp there is only one solution: Exercise. Aerobics, and strength training. Even just walking will help.  You put it on through eating, you can take it off with a workout or three.

As to the food- eat a variety. Try something unusual. There have been a couple of times I ate some kimchi- and got satiation. Sometimes it was some greek yoghurt. The kimchi was a good source of some probiotics and so was the yoghurt. Instead of drinking soda- I'd recommend some fruit juice.

Or do what AliG does and get yourself a Juicer and juice not only some fruits but also vegetables.  

AliG swears by her juice and enzymes..

1)Zoloft- 6/99 to 8/04 2)Escitalopram- 8/04 to 8/10 3)Citalopram 8/10 to 4/14 (C/T), 4)Paxil a week or so, 5)Wellbutrin a week or so, 6)Reinstated Citalopram- 9/14 to 7/15

Before Taper- Celexa/20 mg....Taper Start- 04/21/15- 15mg....05/26/15- 10 mg...06/22/15- 5 mg...07/18/15- 0mg. http://tinyurl.com/qjfoqe9 Ativan/Lorazepam use/taper 10/14 to 2/15- http://tinyurl.com/ljebp84

Baclofen- Intermittent use of from 2008 till 2014. Some use of Promethazine. Some use of Zofran. Clobetasol Propionate- for Lichen Planus. Some Flexeril use. 

Ativan- GABA,A receptor Agonist., Baclofen- GABA,B receptor Agonist., Celexa/Lexapro- Serotonin 5-HT1A Receptor Agonist., Zofran- Serotonin 5-HT3 Receptor Agonist..Promethazine- Histamine H1-Receptor Antagonist. Flexeril- Serotonin 5HT2a Antagonist.

My self imposed Amino Acid Therapy: Tyrosine 500mg 1xday, Theanine 200 mg 1xday, & Taurine 500 mg 2x day. (All neurotransitter pre-cursors)- seems to have helped me immensely. And of course- eating healthy, including Black Beans for the oligosaccharides for gut health.

The attempt to develop a sense of humor and to see things in a humorous light is some kind of trick learned while mastering the Art of Living. - Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning.

I have been having something similar, but I'm not really gaining. I used to crave sweets all the times and sometimes other junk foods, but now I find myself eating more healthful stuff and a great variety too! Kimchee, salmon, eggs, sour kraut, almost anything green,  fresh fruits, raw veggies, seeds, different broiled meats, Greek yogurt, brown rice (sometimes), yams, avocados, cherry tomatoes, walnuts, olives, olive and coconut oil. The only sweets I still have a weakness for are sherbet and Italian ices. Even those satisfy me more easily than they used to.

Perhaps going off Abilify has something to do with this. I find I dislike soda pop, something I used to drink by the pint in a diet form. Now the chemical taste disgusts me, but the regular isn't that great either. I crave less coffee. One cup is more than enough usually.

I'm sorry Insatiable Mind Hunger. I don't want to rub your nose in it. I may start gaining as I taper further. Right now I am only down my original effexor dose by 15%. Maybe drink more water and herbal teas (ginger tea helps if you have digestive problems, I make my own from fresh grated ginger root and like to add raw honey.) I like soda water if it is unsweetened. And maybe try eating a lot of different foods as long as they have nutritional value. I have found the Volumetrics Diet to be helpful in the past. The idea to that kind of eating is to fill up on low calorie foods with nutritional density and a lot of bulk.

I have been on so many medications since I was 20 and diagnosed as "mentally ill" that I have lost count.

Right now, however I have been taking:

Lamictal 25 mg: I went on it in March for only 13 days, then cold turkeyed off when I thought I was developing a rash because of it. Pretended to go back on it, but didn't. Not the best idea, but I had no way to reduce the dose. Anyhow I had no adverse withdrawal reactions, probably because I was on it for less than 2 weeks.

Abilify 20 mg:  I have been on this for several years. Actually at least half the time I have spent as a meds "consumer" I have been on this nasty pill. I finished tapering off it at the beginning of 2016. Was reinstated during the 4 days I spent in a psych ward in March. Tapered off it again in 10 weeks, from say March 15-June 30. Needless to say this is not exact, but I remember I was off it before July 4 (patriotic holiday in America!) I am doing fine, although I know I may have to wait till Christmas or later to know I am out of the danger zone for withdrawal psychosis. The main thing I notice about being off is that I no longer crave sweets all the time and am losing weight without trying. Good thing since I used to weigh 350 lbs.!

Effexor 150 mg: This is the real trouble-maker. Since I have no other way of tapering I do the best I can by bead counting. I unscrew the gel capsule and count out the tiny micro-capsules or beads inside. This works fairly well with the generic time release version. Only 120 beads to count of almost identical size. Lately I have been "holding" at 20 bead removal due to some major stress in my life. Moving hundreds of miles from my old home and a bout of strep throat that wouldn't respond to antibiotics.  I guess that means I'm on 120 mg of Effexor right now. On October 16 I am going to recommence my taper since I am safely moved and no longer have strep! 

I admit now that I did something stupid. I had trouble opening the extra strength gel capsules containing the beads so I reinstated at the original dose for a week. I know it's not good to play ping pong with my brain, but I could never open the capsules without spilling those microscopic balls all over so I was never sure what dosage I was taking! Thank the LORD that I finally have the old kind again and can safely count out the amount. I am now back on 135 mg and feel somewhat better.

October 30, 2016. I am down to 120 mg effexor. November 27, 2016. Down to 105 mg effexor. December 25, 2016. 90 mg effexor. January 15, 2017. 75 mg effexor. January 21. 82.5 mg effexor. January 23, 90 mg again. Feb. 14, 81.25 mg. Mar. 15, 72.5 mg. Mar. 27, 65 mg.  Apr. 9, 58.75 mg. Apr. 24, 52.5 mg.

Well I'm having issues with hyperglycemia. Going to have to monitor it and see what correlation there is on my hunger.

Also having issues with malabsorption of vitamins and such.

Inositol didn't help.

Trying to eat more things but my stomach still doesn't like the feeling of food.

It's gotten a little better. Acupuncture and addressing food sensitivities seem to have done the most.

Fingers crossed it gets better..

Well I'm having issues with hyperglycemia. Going to have to monitor it and see what correlation there is on my hunger.

Also having issues with malabsorption of vitamins and such.

Inositol didn't help.

Trying to eat more things but my stomach still doesn't like the feeling of food.

It's gotten a little better. Acupuncture and addressing food sensitivities seem to have done the most.

Fingers crossed it gets better..

Glad things are looking up for you! :)

I have been on so many medications since I was 20 and diagnosed as "mentally ill" that I have lost count.

Right now, however I have been taking:

Lamictal 25 mg: I went on it in March for only 13 days, then cold turkeyed off when I thought I was developing a rash because of it. Pretended to go back on it, but didn't. Not the best idea, but I had no way to reduce the dose. Anyhow I had no adverse withdrawal reactions, probably because I was on it for less than 2 weeks.

Abilify 20 mg:  I have been on this for several years. Actually at least half the time I have spent as a meds "consumer" I have been on this nasty pill. I finished tapering off it at the beginning of 2016. Was reinstated during the 4 days I spent in a psych ward in March. Tapered off it again in 10 weeks, from say March 15-June 30. Needless to say this is not exact, but I remember I was off it before July 4 (patriotic holiday in America!) I am doing fine, although I know I may have to wait till Christmas or later to know I am out of the danger zone for withdrawal psychosis. The main thing I notice about being off is that I no longer crave sweets all the time and am losing weight without trying. Good thing since I used to weigh 350 lbs.!

Effexor 150 mg: This is the real trouble-maker. Since I have no other way of tapering I do the best I can by bead counting. I unscrew the gel capsule and count out the tiny micro-capsules or beads inside. This works fairly well with the generic time release version. Only 120 beads to count of almost identical size. Lately I have been "holding" at 20 bead removal due to some major stress in my life. Moving hundreds of miles from my old home and a bout of strep throat that wouldn't respond to antibiotics.  I guess that means I'm on 120 mg of Effexor right now. On October 16 I am going to recommence my taper since I am safely moved and no longer have strep! 

I admit now that I did something stupid. I had trouble opening the extra strength gel capsules containing the beads so I reinstated at the original dose for a week. I know it's not good to play ping pong with my brain, but I could never open the capsules without spilling those microscopic balls all over so I was never sure what dosage I was taking! Thank the LORD that I finally have the old kind again and can safely count out the amount. I am now back on 135 mg and feel somewhat better.

October 30, 2016. I am down to 120 mg effexor. November 27, 2016. Down to 105 mg effexor. December 25, 2016. 90 mg effexor. January 15, 2017. 75 mg effexor. January 21. 82.5 mg effexor. January 23, 90 mg again. Feb. 14, 81.25 mg. Mar. 15, 72.5 mg. Mar. 27, 65 mg.  Apr. 9, 58.75 mg. Apr. 24, 52.5 mg.

I've had perpetual hunger - it waned somewhat with a change of medication, and then with reducing the dose of the next medication I was put on.  

I still have a problem with overeating:  what I am finding helpful is eating ready prepared 'balanced carb' meals which are sold in Marks and Spencers (in UK) - and essentially using the low blood sugar diet by Dr Michael Mosley as a guideline.

https://thebloodsugardiet.com/

A typical day now would be greek yoghurt & frozen berries (cheaper and they thaw quickly) for breakfast; omelette with vegetables for lunch (cooked in a ceramic pan so no fat) possibly with salad too; a balanced carb ready meal from M&S for dinner; unsalted nuts or apple or small portion cheese or wafer thin chicken/turkey to snack on.  Also, although its not ideal, I suck on sugar free sweets when I'm struggling.   

I find that if I give in to having carbs it sets off more cravings (I gained a lot of weight and was diagnosed diabetic about 8/9 years ago) and now makes me feel quite ill - so even though sometimes I really want carbs, if I do have some its best if I go for vegetables (especially green) instead or a low amount of carb together with protein for satiety and to avoid feeling unwell.

I still find it a battle, but there's been some improvement with above approach.      

History:- 1993: - prescribed Prozac - soon started having momentary episodes of psychosis - 1994: psychotic breakdown  - prescribed high doses of antipsychotics including Depixol, Chlorpromazine (with procyclidine to control pacing) and later prescribed olanzapine, haloperidol, risperidone with different antidepressants (relapsed or crashed each time I tried to reduce or withdraw from meds).  Can't recall all combinations of drugs have been on.   2007: amisulpride 400mg & venlafaxine 75mg    2013: Got down to 150mg amisulpride, but hospitalised with v.bad psychosis after dropping to this dose and coerced into taking 600mg (always hit problems when dropping below 200mg)  2014: reduced and then problematic symptoms of psychosis, mid-Dec - back up to 200mg,

Feb 2015 had reduced to 180.5mg crashed badly and suddenly and hospitalised : prescribed 300mg amisulpride, 10 mg aripripazole, 50 mg sertraline.  Gradually reduced to 60.75mg amisulpride and 10mg abilify only by Dec 2016.  shortly after 30/1/17 two days paranoia, held and stabilised.  made 2.5% reductions in amisulpride to get to 50mg amisulpride plus 10mg abilify.  Held for long period of time to let CNS stabilise as unable to tolerate any more reductions (from Aug 2017)   April 2018 40mg amisulpride and 10mg abilify.

Current Meds: 17.6mg amisulpride, 10mg abilify plus 2000mg metformin for type II diabetes

• 3 months later...

I'm asking this as I'm pretty worried that I may be messed for good. I know a lot of people say this, but I'm worried because some of my symptoms seem to be unique to me and I haven't read of anyone else dealing with them.

Curious what "unusual" symptoms anyone else is dealing with/has resolved over time? For example, lethargy, insomnia, anhedonia, etc. seem to be "common". In contrast, my unending hunger, hypercortisolism, and withdrawal induced weight gain seem to be significantly less common and I'm pretty worried about them...

Forgive me if this is inappropriate or in bad taste. I don't mean to trivialize the pain from what I have lumped as "common".

Anyone else experiencing something unique to them?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I have this on and off also. Especially the weight gain and hunger. I would get sugar cravings and whatnot too. Other times, like right now, I have zero appetite, losing weight fast, and the thought of food turns my stomach. For me this seems to be a pattern, it goes up and down.

January 2014: 25mg Sertraline. 

April 2016: 75mg of Sertraline.

June 2016: 0mg Sertraline.

September 20, 2016: WD

September 22nd: Lexapro 10mg for 3 weeks. Doctor CT’ed me. 

October 2016: Trazodone. (Forgot dose)

October 2016: CT trazodone 

October 2016: Buspirone 30mg 

October 26 2016 - Sertraline was reinstated. Titrated from 12.5mg - 57mg.

March 2018 - stabilized on 57mg. 
March 2023 - No medications.

It's not an unusual symptom. I think it's just another aspect of our endocrine system going haywire while we heal. I suspect this might be less reported on the forum because it is not a main focus for other members.

Anxiety is huge at this time. It seems natural that weight gain would be what your heightened neuro-emotion has zoned in on. So, it may be six of one [actual weight gain] - half a dozen of the other [anxiety about it making it seem worse than it is]. One way or another, a lot of us find ourselves obsessing over food at times through this process.

Please try to remember that this isn't the 'real' you. It will pass. Meanwhile try to recognise this for what it is and work on some coping strategies to see you through.

March 2003 took two sartroline tablets after a traumatic incident and had a reaction so stopped.  I am not sure now whether what I had for the next 18 months was WD after the reaction or the emotional fallout from the traumatic event.  Some of it was very similar to WD in hindsight.  

February 2014 - Took five pristiq (50mg) tablets and three Ativan and had a severe reaction.
Extreme withdrawal symptoms for three weeks compounded by visit to naturopath -

One week later took 900mg St John's Wort x 3 daily for six weeks - more negative effects and suspected serotonin syndrome - before tapering over three weeks. Last tablet late May 2014.

Waves and windows cycle of recovery with longer windows and manageable waves.

May 2015 - already in a mild wave, following a usual pattern, I took clarithromicin and amoxicillin for two weeks for a sinus infection which I also seem to have had quite a reaction to.

February 2016 - Feeling much better.  I still have waves and windows but they are manageable.  I'm largely enjoying life again.

i dont know about the relative commonness involved, but be comforted in that those are not unusual.  for whatever comfort that may offer.  as others have said, they should pass in time.

personally, ive had a ton of metabolic/digestive/weight-related side effects.  i attribute many of these to antipsychotics primarily, though its a bit of a mess with all the different kinds of drugs i was on.  i gain and lose weight and fatty tissue, i gain and lose muscle bulk, i have a literal need for milk, which i have been drinking 1-2 dozen times per day for a year or two now.  some days i need sugar for my brain to even function--my speech starts slurring or becomes impossible and i just want to sleep.  other days, even a single drop of juice or ice cream can bring about a serious rage.  ive had episodes of unending hunger, which was common on antipsychotics, but usually it is tied to episodes of serotonin syndrome now that i am in withdrawal.

as for what i have found somewhat unique, usually i do not hear other people talking about serotonin syndrome during protracted withdrawal situations, and have not heard much about upper GI bleeding though internal bleeding is seemingly more common than moderate toxidromes like serotonin syndrome.  some of my newfound sensitivities are less common than others.  but, talk to enough people on here (and elsewhere) and youll find that there are people who can relate to any given symptom you are experiencing.  it can be a good feeling, at least for me, to know that we are gathering a communal knowledge that helps us understand that we are not alone.  doctors are oftentimes quick to say you are the rare exception or that what you are experiencing cannot be happening, and this can further demoralize people already going through a severe and chronic withdrawal.

from 2005-2012, i spent 7 years taking 17 different psychotropic medications covering several classes.  i would be taking 3-7 medications at a time, and 6 out of the 17 medications listed below were maxed or overmaxed in clinical dosage before i moved on to trying the next unhelpful cocktail.

antidepressants (SSRIs, SNRIs, NDRIs, tetracyclics): zoloft, wellbutrin, effexor, lexapro, prozac, cymbalta, remeron
antipsychotics (atypical): abilify, zyprexa, risperdal, geodon
sleep aids (benzos, off-label antidepressants & antipsychotics, hypnotics): seroquel, temazepam, trazodone, ambien
anxiolytics: buspar
anticonvulsants: topamax

i tapered off all psychotropics from late 2011 through early 2013, one by one.  since quitting, ive been cycling through severe, disabling withdrawal symptoms spanning the gamut of the serious, less serious, and rather worrisome side effects of these assorted medications.  previous cross-tapering and medication or dosage changes had also caused undiagnosed withdrawal symptoms.

brainpan addlepation

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to add that I was reading some random articles the other night and it showed that chewing actually relieves stress. There might be a connection. I know I tend to overeat when I am bored or restless and housebound, or during an episode of stress (i.e. my cortisol levels are sky high).

Chalk it up to yet another reason to get off these drugs. :-/

It's not an unusual symptom. I think it's just another aspect of our endocrine system going haywire while we heal.

This is true (in my case at least). I have pre-diabetes on Sertraline. Strangest thing, I never had diabetes in my life, except after being on Sertraline for almost 3 years this showed up, when I went off of it in 2016 the pre-diabetes insulin resistance was gone. Then it came back 4 months after reinstating the Sertraline.

This was one of the main reasons I wanted to get off of it because I learned that these drugs can mess with your endocrine system and hormones and cause the imbalances and insulin resistance, which can also cause you to overeat and gain weight that's impossible to control (unless you only want to eat cucumbers and drink water the entire time you're on these drugs).

Hang in there, rowinghippy, if it helps, because I know everyone is different, but I did gain about 25 pounds while on Sertraline, and I couldn't really shed the extra weight while on it, but about a month after being off Sertraline completely I finally started losing the weight, and before I hit my WD symptoms in September, I had lost all that extra weight and then some with eating good and staying active in a matter of three months. I am back on Sertraline and yes, gaining weight again. I'm sensitive to sugars even the ones in fruits and some vegetables, I really have to watch what I eat right now, whereas I never had to before. It's quite a long trek but knowing we all eventually come back to normal helps me keep positive through even the hardest days, or weeks.

That and chewing sugarless gum really helps, I don't know why, but I'm able to control my appetite more by chewing gum when I know I'm not hungry and I am just bored or restless etc. Maybe give that a try and see if it helps you too?

i dont know about the relative commonness involved, but be comforted in that those are not unusual.  for whatever comfort that may offer.  as others have said, they should pass in time.

personally, ive had a ton of metabolic/digestive/weight-related side effects.  i attribute many of these to antipsychotics primarily, though its a bit of a mess with all the different kinds of drugs i was on.  i gain and lose weight and fatty tissue, i gain and lose muscle bulk, i have a literal need for milk, which i have been drinking 1-2 dozen times per day for a year or two now.  some days i need sugar for my brain to even function--my speech starts slurring or becomes impossible and i just want to sleep.  other days, even a single drop of juice or ice cream can bring about a serious rage.  ive had episodes of unending hunger, which was common on antipsychotics, but usually it is tied to episodes of serotonin syndrome now that i am in withdrawal.

as for what i have found somewhat unique, usually i do not hear other people talking about serotonin syndrome during protracted withdrawal situations, and have not heard much about upper GI bleeding though internal bleeding is seemingly more common than moderate toxidromes like serotonin syndrome.  some of my newfound sensitivities are less common than others.  but, talk to enough people on here (and elsewhere) and youll find that there are people who can relate to any given symptom you are experiencing.  it can be a good feeling, at least for me, to know that we are gathering a communal knowledge that helps us understand that we are not alone.  doctors are oftentimes quick to say you are the rare exception or that what you are experiencing cannot be happening, and this can further demoralize people already going through a severe and chronic withdrawal.

you described me to the dot, this is exactly what happens to me, I lost 30 lbs. the first months of withdrawal and I have since January had this hunger that is unbearable; I crave sugar and carbs and have gained weight and other days is impossible to eat, I  was wondering what this was about because I have a lot of Withdrawal issues and could not believe this one was one more. also having lots of GI issues that don't seem to give me a break,

but I am glad is not in my head and this is part of and hopefully will soon go away.

2006-2013 Zoloft prescribed for one panic attack 25 mg - 100 mg

05/2013 extreme anxiety prescribed Klonopin 1 mg per day took only as needed

08/2013 Panic attacks with anxiety; increased to 150 mg Zoloft / prescribed Wellbutrin also dont remember dose

10/2015 Zoloft changed manufacturers and Symptons of WD started, brain zaps, chest pains, memory problems, burning skin, achy feet & hands,

06/2016 Quit Zoloft; 

07/2016 Quit Job, couldn't handle vertigo, commuting and brain zaps

08/2016 Tried re-stating Zoloft  50 mg Bad Reaction

09/2016 Tried Paxil 20 mg (9 days bad reaction) Lexapro (7 days  bad reaction) Effexor 37.5 mg (bad reaction)

11/2016 Tried Zoloft 50 mg no luck.

• 1 month later...

Hi Nikki,

How's the weight loss and tapering going?

I'm with you on the weight gain. If it wasn't for that, I might have continued with Citalopram indefinitely.

Celexa (Citalopram)    40mg  - 60mg - 40mg for 7 years          Tapered (over 3 months) drug-free Aug–Nov 2013 CRASH

40mg    Dec 2013 – Jan 2017 (7 weeks reinstatement hell then relief)

2017:    20mg    30 Jan       18mg   19 April          16mg   6 May          14mg   20 May      12mg  10 Jun

10mg   7 July          9mg    7 Aug               8mg     16 Oct          7.5mg  27 Nov         

2018:    7mg      8 Jan          6.5mg  12 Feb          6mg  17 Mar            5.2mg  14 Apr      5mg  28 Apr

4.8mg  4 Jun           4.6mg   23 Jun         4.4mg   24 Jul          4.2mg 13 Aug      4mg  20 Aug

3.8mg  1 Sep           3.6mg  28 Sep          3.4mg  14 Oct          3.2mg  11 Nov     3mg  5 Dec

5mg    26 Dec          10mg  28 Dec

Added Valdoxan 25mg   12 Dec 2018      stopped 24 Jan 2019

Wellbutrin 150mg     25 Jan

Before going on 20mg Paxil in 1995 I weighed 68kg

In 2010 I was about 85kg and began tapering @ 10%

2011 @ 5% taper - 82kg

2012 @2.5% taper - 72kg

2013 @ 2.5% taper - 75kg

2014 @ 2.5% taper - about 70kg

2015 @ 2.5% taper - 60kg

2016 @ 2.5% taper - 55kg

I seemed to have stabilised at this weight

Wow GrandmaD - that kind of says it all. 

Did you notice your eating and exercising habits changing as you tapered?

And is 55kg a good weight for you? I notice that it's lighter than your pre-Paxil weight.

Congrats. Is your taper finished now?

Edited by ChessieCat
merged with similar topic

Celexa (Citalopram)    40mg  - 60mg - 40mg for 7 years          Tapered (over 3 months) drug-free Aug–Nov 2013 CRASH

2017:    20mg    30 Jan       18mg   19 April          16mg   6 May          14mg   20 May      12mg  10 Jun

10mg   7 July          9mg    7 Aug               8mg     16 Oct          7.5mg  27 Nov         

2018:    7mg      8 Jan          6.5mg  12 Feb          6mg  17 Mar            5.2mg  14 Apr      5mg  28 Apr

4.8mg  4 Jun           4.6mg   23 Jun         4.4mg   24 Jul          4.2mg 13 Aug      4mg  20 Aug

3.8mg  1 Sep           3.6mg  28 Sep          3.4mg  14 Oct          3.2mg  11 Nov     3mg  5 Dec

Hi everyone......i'm off lexapoison 105 days and now experiencing much more bloating and lots of weight loss has anyone heard of this happening?? Thx nivek

Hi Nivek,

so happy for you - a successful taper.

Yes, I think weight loss is common, and I have heard of bloating or weight gain too.

How are you going now? Still good post-taper? Has the bloating settled down?

Edited by ChessieCat
merged with similar topic

Hi everyone,

I know weight is not the most important thing on most people's minds, but I'm interested to know how many people have experienced weight loss during their taper.

And who has lost weight once that have fully tapered?

I know a few unlucky people have GAINED weight during taper and after cessation - I really hope they are in the minority.

Cheers

TIkki

Edited by ChessieCat
Merged with similar topic

I did a cold turkey off paxil about 9 months ago and I am down about 35 pounds (which I needed to lose) from loss of appetite and diarrhea. I am glad the weight is gone, just wish it had gone a different way. Lol

Paxil 20mg started around 2013 dropped to 10 mg at some point dropped to 5mg for 1 week then C/T August 2016.

Buspar 10 mg 2x daily started 2013 fluctuating amounts.

Tried cylexa 1 week at beginning of August 2016.

Tried wellbutrin 1 week after cylexa stopped both.

I have been off all meds for around 4- 5 years.

Sometimes it goes the opposite way, as in weight gain after drugs. I have found that to be the case due possibly to cortisol, no sleep and added stress. 

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Sometimes it goes the opposite way, as in weight gain after drugs. I have found that to be the case due possibly to cortisol, no sleep and added stress.

I have gained 3 pounds in about 2 months, but it could be my thyroid too.

I hope to lose about 45 pounds when it's all said and done. :)

Good lick Ali!

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

My weight dropped as quickly as it went on during my (incorrect) taper in 2015.

It's now dropping gradually due to this anti-Candida diet (phase 1) which means complete exclusion of the following foods:

No wheat/gluten

No starch (white rice, white potatoes)

No refined sugar

No alcohol

No dairy

No eggs

No fruit

No nightshade family (tomatoes, peppers etc.,)

No shellfish or fish with high metal contaminant level

VERY tough, but no choice if I'm going to get well :0/

Since 24 March I have lost 11 Ibs / 4.9 kilos

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• 4 weeks later...

I've lost 25 pounds in six months after cold turkeying and still losing. I have the skinny gene and I stayed very depressed about gaining so much weight while on antidepressants. I had no motivation to do anything, and I ate mostly junk food and a lot of it. Now I eat less from smaller appetite, drink a lot of water, and limit sweets. I don't crave sweets so much anymore and eat fruit in place of them.

(Took Respiradone, Strattera, Celexa, Lexapro, and Pristiq prior to these.)

These were all taken over the course of approximately 10 years

10/7/15 - Fluvoxamine Maleate 100 MG

7/26/16 - Amphetamine Salts 10 MG

10/5/16 - Olanzapine-Fluoxetine 6-25 MG

11/1/16 - Olanzapine 2.5 MG AND Fluoxetine HCL 10 MG

11/08/16 - Amantadine 100 MG AND Aripiprazole 5 MG

11/22/16 - Trazodone 50 MG

12/1/16 - Aripiprazole 5 MG *LAST DOSE - COLD-TURKEYED*

• 1 month later...

I've been tapering for nearly 6 months.

In the last month I have eaten far less food overall, and especially fewer carbs and starches. I just don't have that carb craving I used to have.

No weight loss yet though - probably gained a kg or two.

It was a bit of a yo-yo for me.  I went through periods of not being interested in food, so lost too much weight too fast during those times. That was when the waves were still quite intense. 

Overall, 3yrs & 5months on, I am around 6-8kgs heavier than my usual pre-AD weight of 58-60kgs. Part of it was definitely related to the hormonal imbalance caused by my reaction, the rest was probably a thought process "you deserve the cupcake after everything you've been through". 

The weight is only just starting to come off now that I'm feeling better recovered & the motivation to eat sensibly and exercise again has returned.  That levelling out of normality has marked a real turning point in my recovery.

March 2003 took two sartroline tablets after a traumatic incident and had a reaction so stopped.  I am not sure now whether what I had for the next 18 months was WD after the reaction or the emotional fallout from the traumatic event.  Some of it was very similar to WD in hindsight.  

February 2014 - Took five pristiq (50mg) tablets and three Ativan and had a severe reaction.
Extreme withdrawal symptoms for three weeks compounded by visit to naturopath -

One week later took 900mg St John's Wort x 3 daily for six weeks - more negative effects and suspected serotonin syndrome - before tapering over three weeks. Last tablet late May 2014.

Waves and windows cycle of recovery with longer windows and manageable waves.

May 2015 - already in a mild wave, following a usual pattern, I took clarithromicin and amoxicillin for two weeks for a sinus infection which I also seem to have had quite a reaction to.

February 2016 - Feeling much better.  I still have waves and windows but they are manageable.  I'm largely enjoying life again.

On 14.5.2016 at 4:58 AM, moonstoneblue said:

I just grabbed a measuring tape and measured my waist, I've put on 2 or 3 inches on my waist in the last few weeks :( my waist is usually 27 (I've never had a sexy small waist) and it's now 30inches. Arghhh. I'm very active. I've never had problems with my weight it's always stayed the same.

Has tapering Prozac caused a hormone imbalance? Or is because my body has none of that adrenaline feeling Prozac gave me. Have my adrenal glands changed or something. I keep asking myself these questions all the time. None of my trousers fit ???? It just all seems to have gone to my waist and busts. Lol. I hope it all evens out soon, whatever it is.

how are you doing now? I have reached 4mg prozac, and I'm gaining weight. I've never had weight problems in my life!

in 2002- 0,5 tablet cipramil for half a year, ended it uneventfully. in 2006 - citalopram for half a year, ended in horrific state, ditched the drugs CT. 2007-2008 not feeling well but drug free. in 2008 prozac 20mg + quetiapine 25mg. 2009 tried to stop, ended up in hole after couple of months, started zoloft. 2009-2011 zoloft 50mg. went to 25mg in 2011 summer, it resulted in half a year horrible suffering. reinstated, changed drugs, nothing happened. by 2012 beginning suddenly felt great and CT meds. after 4 months came suddenly most horrible human suffering that's possible. was started on prozac and questiapine. started tapering slowly, GFCF diet and Hardy Nutritionals vitamins in 2013 summer. 

current medications: 1) fluoxetine and quetiapine since Aug 2012; 2) Daily Essential Nutrients by Hardy Nutritionals 7 capsules / since May 2013 + omega3; 3) Gluten-free-casein-free diet since june 2013

Started withdrawing slowly since april 2013. Mostly around 10% cuts. 

April'13 - March'14: fluoxetine 40mg -> 19,5mg; quetiapine 50mg -> 40mg
April'14-March'15: fluoxetine 19,5mg -> 14,4mg; quetiapine 40mg -> 22mg

April'15-March'16: fluoxetine 14,4mg -> 7,4mg; quetiapine 22mg -> 15mg

April'16-March'17: fluoxetine 7,4mg -> 5,0mg; quetiapine 15mg -> 7,25mg

April'17-March'18: fluoxetine 5,0mg -> 4,0mg; quetiapine 7,25mg -> 0 (as of 1st Feb 2018)!!!!

April´18-March´19: fluoxetine 4,0mg - > 2,3mg. Jumped off fluoxetine 1,4mg due to pregnancy in July 2019. Oct 2019 severe withdrawal syndrome started.

Took mistakenly a complex for hormonal support that included pregnenolone dec2019-april2020. Stopped it april 2020 and immediately severe akathisia started. Have had life threatening akathisia since, 100% disabled, suicidal, very hard to hold on. 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Weight gain, weight loss and appetite changes
  • 5 weeks later...

Unfortunately, since dropping remeron at 2.4 mg, I have gained 7 lbs in 10 weeks!  No change in lifestyle.  I eat sensibly and exercise at least 1 hour every day (brisk walk).

Did not gain weight while on the drugs.  I know it will eventually level off, but I still have two more drugs to go, so I may have to be comfortable with my porky self for a while yet.

(Also, am having massive bloating, I look 6 months pregnant.  Ugh!)

PAST

Gabapentin:  about 6 months in 2015, 300-900 mg, cold turkeyed Sept 2015 (at same time dc'd Klonopin)

Klonopin: June 2014- Sept 2015; 1mg tapered over 6 mths, dc'd at 0.25mg, withdrawal hellish (perhaps because of concurrent dc of gabapentin)

Mirtazepine: Jumped off at 2.4 mg. (stable in 8 months).

Seroquel:  June 14 - July 24, 2016, 25 mg alternate nights; smaller doses for shorter periods. Total use about 3 months 

Lamictal: March 19, 2018 - 1 mg; March 23 - 1.25 mg; April 6 - 2mg. Discontinued at 2 mgJuly 1, 2018 due to Steven Johnson Syndrome.

CURRENT

Supplements: Vit D, turmeric

Naturethroid: 65 mcg for hypothyroidism

Trazodone: Oct 2015 - June 2016; 75 mg tapered over 2 mths, intense w/d after 3 weeks. Reinstatement: 07/25/16 - 25 mg; updosed 08/03/16 - 50 mg;  10/01/16-  62mg; 03/24/17 dropped to 50 mg (stable in 2.5 months)

Current psych meds: Trazodone 50 mg

Interesting. I have also gained some kilograms while tapering and getting to low doses. seems that if the drugs didn't do it during taking them, the withdrawal does. I've reduced fluoxetine and quetiapine. I don't know which one is the culprit. 

in 2002- 0,5 tablet cipramil for half a year, ended it uneventfully. in 2006 - citalopram for half a year, ended in horrific state, ditched the drugs CT. 2007-2008 not feeling well but drug free. in 2008 prozac 20mg + quetiapine 25mg. 2009 tried to stop, ended up in hole after couple of months, started zoloft. 2009-2011 zoloft 50mg. went to 25mg in 2011 summer, it resulted in half a year horrible suffering. reinstated, changed drugs, nothing happened. by 2012 beginning suddenly felt great and CT meds. after 4 months came suddenly most horrible human suffering that's possible. was started on prozac and questiapine. started tapering slowly, GFCF diet and Hardy Nutritionals vitamins in 2013 summer. 

current medications: 1) fluoxetine and quetiapine since Aug 2012; 2) Daily Essential Nutrients by Hardy Nutritionals 7 capsules / since May 2013 + omega3; 3) Gluten-free-casein-free diet since june 2013

Started withdrawing slowly since april 2013. Mostly around 10% cuts. 

April'13 - March'14: fluoxetine 40mg -> 19,5mg; quetiapine 50mg -> 40mg
April'14-March'15: fluoxetine 19,5mg -> 14,4mg; quetiapine 40mg -> 22mg

April'15-March'16: fluoxetine 14,4mg -> 7,4mg; quetiapine 22mg -> 15mg

April'16-March'17: fluoxetine 7,4mg -> 5,0mg; quetiapine 15mg -> 7,25mg

April'17-March'18: fluoxetine 5,0mg -> 4,0mg; quetiapine 7,25mg -> 0 (as of 1st Feb 2018)!!!!

April´18-March´19: fluoxetine 4,0mg - > 2,3mg. Jumped off fluoxetine 1,4mg due to pregnancy in July 2019. Oct 2019 severe withdrawal syndrome started.

Took mistakenly a complex for hormonal support that included pregnenolone dec2019-april2020. Stopped it april 2020 and immediately severe akathisia started. Have had life threatening akathisia since, 100% disabled, suicidal, very hard to hold on. 

I unearthed others (on other forums) for whom the same thing happened.  As always, time is the key for it to resolve ...

PAST

Gabapentin:  about 6 months in 2015, 300-900 mg, cold turkeyed Sept 2015 (at same time dc'd Klonopin)

Klonopin: June 2014- Sept 2015; 1mg tapered over 6 mths, dc'd at 0.25mg, withdrawal hellish (perhaps because of concurrent dc of gabapentin)

Mirtazepine: Jumped off at 2.4 mg. (stable in 8 months).

Seroquel:  June 14 - July 24, 2016, 25 mg alternate nights; smaller doses for shorter periods. Total use about 3 months 

Lamictal: March 19, 2018 - 1 mg; March 23 - 1.25 mg; April 6 - 2mg. Discontinued at 2 mgJuly 1, 2018 due to Steven Johnson Syndrome.

CURRENT

Supplements: Vit D, turmeric

Naturethroid: 65 mcg for hypothyroidism

Trazodone: Oct 2015 - June 2016; 75 mg tapered over 2 mths, intense w/d after 3 weeks. Reinstatement: 07/25/16 - 25 mg; updosed 08/03/16 - 50 mg;  10/01/16-  62mg; 03/24/17 dropped to 50 mg (stable in 2.5 months)

Current psych meds: Trazodone 50 mg

I gained 45lbs on remeron/mirtazipine. 20 of it at first (literally felt like overnight, but it was more like w week or two), then 25 more after I stopped breastfeeding (this was literally over the course of a few days. I had to have my wedding rings cut off because it was so much so fast. I have always been a thin person. I get so mad when one of my doctors says "If you cut out carbs you'd lose weight"........Yeah, NOPE. Mirtazipine weight doesn't budge.

I'm finally down to 7.8mg, but I have a long road ahead. I will be so disappointed if the weight doesn't come off until I'm off the drug for several months. I was kind of hoping it would start to come off now that my metabolism seems to be returning to normal (my usual hunger and fullness signals are back). We shall see.

OFF Paxil 1996-1997 CT, no w/d sxs

OFF Celexa 2002 (6 months) CT, mild and brief w/d sxs

OFF Ativan 1mg-Cold Turkey 2014, WD Syndrome for several weeks despite intermittent use over 9 months rather than daily use.

OFF Lexapro 3 doses only February 2015 (increased depression)

OFF Paxil 3 doses only July 2016 (increased anxiety)

ON Remeron 15mg daily since AUG 2016 for PPD/PPA/PPOCD Tried cutting dose by 1/4 tablet  December 1, 2016, one week of intense withdrawal headaches, reinstated 15mg dose December 8, 2016.

ON bioidentical Progesterone cream 50mg/day originally started for self diagnosed estrogen dominance April 2015, continued use during pregnancy to alleviate hormonal headaches October 2015-July 2016, continued postpartum to help with mood July 2016-present.

Supplements: Magnesium, Fish Oil, Probiotics, Quercetin

Tried Methylfolate Sept 2016 to "potentiate" Remeron - ended up experiencing worsened side effects (mainly irritability bordering on rage) Discontinued after two doses.

BEGAN REMERON TAPER Feb 2 2017 by switching to different manufacturer of tablet mirtazipine (manufacturer that matches my liquid solution). Holding 15mg dose until adjusted. Plan to eventually do half liquid, half tablet (still 15mg), then all liquid (15mg), then .95ml of 15mg per ml liquid (a 5% reduction) depending on how I respond to adjusting from tablet to liquid.

August 2017 9mg liquid mirtazipine, cutting by 2% every week.

July 2018 3mg liquid Mirtazipine,cutting by 2-3% every week.

My weight went up to 136# from ~115 when first on Zoloft in the 90s.  I'm 5'3". Just yesterday, a doc weighed me in at 86#.  I've never tried to lose and am trying to stop the weight loss.  I look like walking dead.  

I am still on a few meds and have several health issues, including adrenal exhaustion and chronic pain, so I'm sure that all plays in.  My motivation/reward system seems to be dead.  Eating used to be an enjoyable and social activity, but I really have to force myself now.  I was always a bit heavy prior to all of this. 

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy