☼ Introducing Jemima

Jemima

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you, Zoe.  Both books are heavy-duty, the kind I'll read and re-read. I got 1000 Gifts as a Kindle, but I ordered the hard copy of You're Going To Be All Right because I know I'm going to highlight it and make notes all over the place. I hope you like them both as much as I do!

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

A girl after my own heart- I highlight- make copies - copy by hand. I have more notes, quotes & prayers around here. If something happens to me, I can just hear my family going through all of this stuff :)

Jan. 1994 Pamelor

2000 switched to Zoloft 

2011 Zoloft pooped out- Dr. switched me directly to Lexapro15mg -had a horrible 6mths

2013 upped Lexapro to 20 mgs-pooped out

June 2013 Dr. added 150 Wellbutrin to Lexapro.

July 2013 Switched back to Zoloft 100mgs.Was still taking Wellbutrin. Lots of anxiety from the Wellbutrin

July 2013 Started to wean Wellbutrin- off by Sept.

Oct. 2013 added 400 mgs of Neurotin to the Zoloft

Jan 2014 Tapered off of the Zoloft and onto Prozac 30 mgs. Also still taking 400 mgs Neurotin

Feb 2014 Reduced Prozac to 13 mgs. Still taking 400 mgs Neurotin

Aug. 2014 Prozac 13 mgs. Finished with Neurotin. .7 Risperadol

hello :) i I've been dealing with tinnitus and sinus pressure lately and searched the forum looking for advice. i came across several posts of yours suggesting inhaling thyme with boiling water.  i wanted to let you know that i tried it yesterday and i think it helped a bit, so thank you for a suggestion that was natural and didn't involve taking a pill. :)

on 37.5 - 50mg zoloft/sertraline for GAD from 3/1996 to 4/2013 (17 years) 

too fast taper from 1/13-4/13

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Jemima, you've just inspired me to read some C.S. Lewis.  Have you read The Problem of Pain?  That seems like it might be relevant to our plight.

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

2 month taper down to zero

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

6 or so months back to regular dose of 150 - was able to restabilize fine.

3 month taper back to zero

1 HORRENDOUS week at zero

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

One week at 150 - unable to stabilize.

Back down to 75 mgs

At 75 mgs (half original dose) and suffering withdrawal symptoms since October 2012.

"It is a radical cure for all pessimism to become ill, to remain ill for a good while, and then grow well for a still longer period." - Nietzsche

• Moderator Emeritus

Let me add my voice to the others saying how nice it is to see you around here again.

But I totally support you in getting out and enjoying life away from here as well--you've waited for it and you've earned it!

Please consider writing a success story. I think what you're describing is probably common, and is why people don't write success stories much. Nobody really feels 100% "done" or well--you never know what's around the corner, withdrawal has taught you that. Plus, once people feel better enough to get out and live, that's what they want to do, not hang around here writing.

But I've known you from the start and I hereby pronounce you A Success Story! Please consider writing something for the others who come along behind you.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

• Moderator Emeritus

Rhi makes a good point there, J... I see you as a success, too. I'm very glad that you're here but what if you do turn that corner and move on as she mentioned.....and just never got around to writing that success story.

What if, just around the corner lies a fun-filled, busy life. We really don't know what lies ahead but I've seen you move forward more than side stepping. You give hope to others already.

I, sincerely, hope that you still come here after your success story and believe you will out of your desire to help others. I do know, however, the improvement I've experienced has led to a little more interaction with others. As we begin to live again, there seems to be more to do. People come by more now and I hope, one day, to venture out and about the way I used to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Just when I thought I was moving along, one of the many sensitivities I developed during withdrawal came along and bit me on the butt.  I'm not sure yet what I'm reacting to, but I've been in bed for over a week with a very upset stomach and a desire to sleep about fourteen hours a day. I'm fairly certain it's from supplements since I had to change a few brands recently when switching over from Drugstore.com to Amazon's "Subscribe 'n Save".  I strongly suspect a different brand of magnesium and probably a too high-powered B complex as I was taking only a B12 with L-5-MTHF before. A few days ago after I realized what was going onI cut back to the very basics that had never given me a problem (fish oil, calcium, C, D, and my prescription blood pressure pill), felt much better within 24 hours, and have been carefully adding the others back.  I already had a reaction to one magnesium pill and I had been taking three a day, so I'm going to try a different brand of that and go back to a sublingual B-12 (methylcobalamin) with B-6 and Folic Acid, although a different brand because the other was so expensive. This is only the second day when I've spent any substantial amount of time out of bed and I'm fighting the urge to go out and run errands and try to recapture lost time. I always did that when I was much younger and always got a relapse, too.

I thank all of you for your kind words and encouragement, and I'm so gratified to know that I've managed to inspire some of you. I think one reason I've stalled about writing a success story is that for so many people, that's been the end of their association with SA. I must have counseling in my DNA and I don't want or plan to leave after writing the success story. This forum has become such a big part of my life over the past two-plus years I can't imagine not participating at all, mostly out of my own interest but partly in gratitude for what it's done for me.  I hate to think where I'd be if I hadn't come across this forum in a Google search near the end of my too-fast taper off Lexapro! If I hadn't been made aware that my symptoms were from withdrawal and not some sort of relapse, I might have ended up being zombified with multiple new drugs for my "mania".

I wonder if we ever get over the physical sensitivities caused by withdrawal?  It seems like those should heal too, along with our minds. Oddly, I can tolerate a cup or two of restaurant coffee, but not what I make at home although I always have brewed it on the weak side. Peanuts are out, maybe forever, since they apparently are a health risk for everyone and sunflower seed butter is a good substitute. It is troublesome to get sick so easily, not just because being sick is no fun, but also because I'm afraid my new acquaintances will think I'm a whiner or a hypochondriac. 

But there is much to be grateful for, the foremost being coming out of withdrawal with my mind fully intact.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

• Administrator

Good heavens, J! You can post your success story and still not leave. You're doing so much good here.

Interesting that tweaking the mag and B vits made such a big difference. Feel better soon.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm relieved to hear you don't have plans to leave!

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Jemima,

I marvel at how far you've come, in getting off, in understanding and managing yourself and in the contributions you make here. You should write your success story and then stay on as an example of that possibility.

D

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm glad that you are staying Jemima, and would love to see your success story. You are an inspiration

to everyone! 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Moderator Emeritus

Good heavens, J! You can post your success story and still not leave. You're doing so much good here.

Interesting that tweaking the mag and B vits made such a big difference. Feel better soon.

Thank you for the reassuring words, Alto. I know it was stupid, but I had this weird superstition that I'd *have* to leave if I wrote a success story since that seems to be the way it always works. There's something about having to close the Intro topic at that point that makes me uneasy, I guess. Silly, but true.

I'm not so sure that what happened with the supplements was just a tweak.  I went from a really pure brand of magnesium citrate to one that includes magnesium glycinate and magnesium malate, and I always had some trouble taking the Daily Value even with the pure stuff.  The B complex was one of those that has multiples of the Daily Value in the thousands.  I also started taking Strontium about two months ago in hopes that it will build up my bone density and I'm so hoping that wasn't the problem.  I haven't added it back yet. Now I'm reading in GreenMedInfo that bone density doesn't count, it's bone *strength* that prevents broken bones. SIGH. I'm frustrated and confused with the whole osteoporosis problem, not to mention suspicious of most information.  Merck Pharma, inventor of Fosamax, was the initiator of the idea that osteopenia (normal bone thinning with age, for those of you who don't know) was a "disease" and once they had doctors convinced, it was all downhill from there for the patient, while Merck got even richer.

Anyway, thanks again. Appreciation means a lot to me. For months I've been looking for "meaningful" volunteer work and I think it may have been right under my nose, here at the forum. I think I've had an idea in my mind that it had to be just like previous times when I've volunteered, commuting to another location, working shoulder to shoulder with other volunteers, writing grants, soliciting donations, et cetera. This is so different, even for an old geek like me.  :)

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm relieved to hear you don't have plans to leave!

Thank you so much for telling me!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Jemima,

I marvel at how far you've come, in getting off, in understanding and managing yourself and in the contributions you make here. You should write your success story and then stay on as an example of that possibility.

D

Good to hear from you, Dalsaan!  And thank you for the compliments. As I said two posts above, I had a stereotype in my mind about what volunteer work should be, based on experience that's ten years or more old, and a lot of it was big, splashy, visible stuff.  There was even a point in time here on the forum that I felt if I couldn't write a book or start local self-help groups or--you know--something BIG, I wasn't doing all that much good.  Now I'm starting to see that it's often the small things that make an important difference, both on the forum and off.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm glad that you are staying Jemima, and would love to see your success story. You are an inspiration

to everyone! 

Thank you MammaP! And I'm so glad to be your co-worker!

to everyone! 

Ditto!!! :)

4 years aprox. on 150mgs.Effexor for situational major depression.No AD before.
Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months.

Tapered Quetiapine,Xanax in the last 18 months.NO med of any kind anymore.
First 3 months off acute w/d
Protracted w/d ever since.
Symptoms:Anxiety,anhedonia,insomnia,tinnitus,PSSD

04/13/2014 Awful Relapse.Recovered fairly fast.

3 years and 4 months off.

waves and windows.Very much recovered.

November 2015,health issue.Setback.

• Moderator Emeritus

Another wad of membrane and eggshell specks fell off today and I didn't even know they were hanging around.

Between the really nasty winter weather we've had here in the mid-Atlantic states and my own malaise from what I now believe was a rather extreme sensitivity to magnesium, I've barely stirred from my bed let alone left the house for the past two weeks, and I was running low on groceries.  After stopping the magnesium five or six days ago, I went out grocery shopping today (by bribing myself with breakfast out) and rediscovered things I've liked a lot but had pushed aside during withdrawal in favor of what I thought were the quickest and easiest (usually frozen) meals possible.  I have trouble getting out of bed in the morning--have been that way since  early childhood--and it just dawned on me within the past few days that breakfast doesn't have to be a hot, cooked meal like eggs or oatmeal and that I could make getting up a lot easier on myself with some alternatives. So today I bought organic cold cereal at Trader Joe's, and organic soy milk along with their marvelous goat milk yogurt and organic applesauce. It's easy enough to make gluten-free muffins and reheat them in my toaster oven, too.  This evening, after unpacking the grocery bags and putting everything away, for the first time in several years I felt a nice, warm surge of gratitude for my nice, big, well-equipped kitchen and some interest in making gluten-free muffins and baked desserts. 

When you get to the end of withdrawal, a lot of the surprises are good ones, or so it's been for me. And food that someone else has cooked is marvelous!  :)

Oh Jemima! you touched my heart...I am so happy for you!

You give me hope and inspiration.

Hugs,A.

• Moderator Emeritus

That is a lovely post Jemima, I'm so happy for you.  This morning I laid in bed thinking about getting up

and tackling the mountain of things to do then suddenly decided to get out of bed and go out for 

breakfast! Great minds think alike  ;) . I  had a lovely breakfast then went to get some staples because

I am upholstering a tiny footstool for my little great grandaughter. On the way I found some lovely wrapping

paper to cover my umpteen boxes that will be on open shelves in the new house. 

When I got home I felt very pleased with myself and grateful that my creativity is back.

Very similar stories!!  :D

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

I have struggled with trying to tolerate at least some magnesium in pill form since my last post. (Sheesh! I didn't realize how long ago that was until I looked.) Anyway, after having 25 mg. produce the same symptoms as 400 mg., I quit taking it completely two days ago.  Miracle of miracles, I slept very soundly last night, got up at 6:00 AM without great discomfort (to await AAA to jumpstart my car so I could get it to the dealership for a new battery), and actually felt better than I have in months and months. If we hadn't had drenching rain on and off all day, I would have done some shopping and probably enjoyed it. One of the men at the dealership was flirting with me and I enjoyed the heck out of that, especially since I quit wearing my wig and now look a lot different with short salt-and-pepper hair. (It took five women friends to convince me to stop wearing the wig. The prize goes to Maryellen, who told me I looked younger without it.)  Looking so different isn't easy to get used to.

The anhedonia seems to have just evaporated.  I'm not sure when I first realized that I was feeling some pleasure, but it really struck me when I was laughing and talking with the dealership guy today.  And I've taken an interest in shopping.  Up until recently I bought only the bare necessities, not because I couldn't afford more, but because I had no interest at all in getting new things or making the effort, even online. I've started decluttering again, a never-ending but satisfying project, and feel some excitement about cooking. There are two organic chicken breasts thawing in the fridge with which I plan to make white chicken chili, a favorite of mine. I'm not sure the convenience frozen dinner habit will die easily, but it's a start, and my CSA (Community Support Agriculture) will be open in about a month, which means I'll probably have to cook and freeze some of the veggies so they don't go to waste.  This is my first year, so I'm not sure how big the "share" will be in terms of weekly vegetable pickups, but I'm hoping to get a lot of vegetable soup socked away for colder weather and have salads for dinner often.

I know, I know.  I need to write that success story.  ;)

Miracle of miracles, I slept very soundly last night, got up at 6:00 AM without great discomfort (to await AAA to jumpstart my car so I could get it to the dealership for a new battery), and actually felt better than I have in months and months. If we hadn't had drenching rain on and off all day, I would have done some shopping and probably enjoyed it. One of the men at the dealership was flirting with me and I enjoyed the heck out of that,

The anhedonia seems to have just evaporated.  I'm not sure when I first realized that I was feeling some pleasure, but it really struck me when I was laughing and talking with the dealership guy today.  And I've taken an interest in shopping.  Up until recently I bought only the bare necessities, not because I couldn't afford more, but because I had no interest at all in getting new things or making the effort, even online. I've started decluttering again, a never-ending but satisfying project, and feel some excitement about cooking. There are two organic chicken breasts thawing in the fridge with which I plan to make white chicken chili, a favorite of mine. I'm not sure the convenience frozen dinner habit will die easily, but it's a start, and my CSA (Community Support Agriculture) will be open in about a month, which means I'll probably have to cook and freeze some of the veggies so they don't go to waste.  This is my first year, so I'm not sure how big the "share" will be in terms of weekly vegetable pickups, but I'm hoping to get a lot of vegetable soup socked away for colder weather and have salads for dinner often.

I know, I know.  I need to write that success story.  ;)

I'm sorry, I did something with the computer I didn't want to...

All I want to tell you is that I am so happy for you!

For me you are a succes story already; I rememenber you posting if the anhedonia was going to be there for ever...

And this is the 2nd time I read that men have a crush (forgive my english) on you;you gotta have something.... hahaha ;)

Hugs,A

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Jemima,

I am so very happy for you.  Its great that you are getting back into things and you may find new things that bring you joy.  On the flirting side of things - you go girl!!

love and hugs

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks so much, Alex and Dalsaan. I think I'm going to appreciate ordinary life a lot more after this.

I signed back on to comment on my bad experience with magnesium, because I really don't want to turn people away from it. It dawned on me as  I was loading the dishwasher this evening that probably the reason I've had a bad reaction is that I take a calcium channel blocker blood pressure medication (Isradipine, brand name Dynacirc).  Since magnesium is also a calcium channel blocker, chances are that was quite an overload.  I probably wrote off the symptoms all along as being withdrawal symptoms. Anyway, that would explain the extreme fatigue and misery, including a lot of trouble sleeping.

Wish I had thought of this long ago, but better late than never.

I'm glad you clarified about the mag because I started thinking that maybe it interferes with my being able to sleep all night as I take 400-600 mg a day. If I don't my legs behind the knees ache terribly and I get palpitations. It also is preventing the gut feeling of anxiety but leaves me with the mental kind.

Your post was delightful. I wish you could write more.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm glad you clarified about the mag because I started thinking that maybe it interferes with my being able to sleep all night as I take 400-600 mg a day. If I don't my legs behind the knees ache terribly and I get palpitations. It also is preventing the gut feeling of anxiety but leaves me with the mental kind.

Your post was delightful. I wish you could write more.

I'm pretty sure the mag reaction was something very much peculiar to me, probably because of the blood pressure meds.  I'm also one of those people who get most of the side effects and  some odd ones besides from a lot of medications. I've mentioned several times that I get suicidally depressed on tetracycline.  Doctors are flabbergasted at that, but it's not my imagination.  Also, a nurse friend pointed out that I'm likely getting quite a bit of magnesium in my food because I eat a lot of produce, especially spinach, which is high in magnesium.

Thanks for the compliment on my writing. For a while, I was thinking of writing a reference work based on a lot of the factual stuff Alto has gathered (with all credit going to her and most of the proceeds going to SA), but I don't think I'm up to all that.  I'm still considering writing something about my personal experience with ADs, something on the order of Dying for a Cure by Rebekah Beddoe.  (If you haven't read that, I strongly recommend it.) I know I just love to read other people's success stories, and it's a way of getting the Big Pharma situation across without getting bogged down in details and/or getting sued. Maybe someday soon I'll try making an outline or something.

I have been getting a tight feeling in my forehead and on the top of my head. Not sure if it has to do with crying. So I decided to take my bp yesterday and it was 113/64. Constant daily use of caffeine and the the drugs made sure it was never that low. Towards the end of my meds it was creeping up, 140 's over 90's.

So I guess the mag is OK for me. Thanks for telling me about adverse reactions. I sleep fetal and that is why my legs hurt. Today my arm crooks hurt. The mag helps.

Plus the excess goes out the end and as it pulls water to the bowel with it I don't have to worry about clogs, if you know what I mean.

Be great if someone could distill the wisdom of this board. And a book telling of the tragedies these meds produce is a step in the right direction.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

Jemima writing sounds like a great idea......you have alot to offer:)

Happy Easter

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Thus ends my Introduction.  My success story is here: Success: Jemima Survives Antidepressants and Dr. Dickhead

• 4 years later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

For anyone reading this topic, I have been tapering Pristiq using compounded capsules with slow release formula.

tips-for-tapering-off-pristiq-desvenlafaxine

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management