SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ wanttosurvive: tianeptine

wanttosurvive

• Mentor

Dear @wanttosurvive, thank you for your updates! In my reading on the site I read about the longlasting wave that could hit near three years off. Maybe it's you case... But I saw also that from three years off many people improve more and more. I wish with all my heart it will be your case!

I saw in your last posts that you often told about physical issues but I read you struggled with anxiety (expecially morning anxiety) in the past... Did that issue fade away? 

Thank you and send to you all my good vibes!

Leila

July 2015: the 20mg citalopram for great stress begins

After two years I start tapering (slow but without medical advice) and I guess wrongly. First up to 10 mg, then 5 mg and 2 mg (liquid solution) and skips

January 2020 (I don't remember exactly the day): off citalopram (last dose 2mg).

June 2020: adrenal crash. The beginning of Hell on Earth

Current supplement:

- saffron pill (20 mg) + vit. E, omega 3 (EPA + DHA) 2g, magnesium bisglycinate 300 mg, iron , vitamin D3 (2500ui) +K7 (50 ui), vitamin C (1g) + quercitin (25 mg), theanine (as necessary).

Try meditating / mindfulness, walking every day, CBT/ACT, massage.

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" ("And so we went out to see the stars again")

(Dante Alighieri, Divine Comedy , Inferno, XXXIV, 139)

1 hour ago, Leila said:

Dear @wanttosurvive, thank you for your updates! In my reading on the site I read about the longlasting wave that could hit near three years off. Maybe it's you case... But I saw also that from three years off many people improve more and more. I wish with all my heart it will be your case!

I saw in your last posts that you often told about physical issues but I read you struggled with anxiety (expecially morning anxiety) in the past... Did that issue fade away? 

Thank you and send to you all my good vibes!

Leila

Hi Leila,

Thank you for your support 🙏🙏

I also remember reading posts about 'big waves' happening certain times, one of which was meant to happen 3 years off. so I agree with you, this is most probably that wave...

For me WD is a kind of disease with both psychological and physical symptoms. from the very begining I always have had severe physical symptoms. indeed, this sypmtoms were the ones that helped to me to realize that I was in WD. if I had had only psychological ones, I would not understand the nature of WD and I would regard myself as an insane person and most probably I would suicide. 

in the begining psychological symptoms were also very very severe. but if describe WD, for me this is a disease that has physical sypmtoms more than psychological ones. I mean for me physical symptoms outweighs the others. I don't know maybe physical ones are more noticeable or more objective.

for example now I have WD-induced earache, I can feel it, I can describe it. But psychological ones are more subjective. other than WD-induced anxiety and depresssion, I may also have some concerns about my social life, private life, stress at wotk, or as all of us have, fear about coronavirus....

or maybe my brain has recovered more than other organs???

about morning anxiety..... yes this has improved tremendously. I am serious. now I do not have it. of couse, as humans, all of us are more stressful in the mornings because of the cortisol hormone. this is the human nature. but I do not have WD-induced morning anxiety now. I think not for the last 1,5 years. 

I remember in the very early days morning anxiety was so severe that I used to shake with fear, trembling with terror. 

first year the sleep quality was very poor, I had insomnia. the days I used to get up at 5 a.m. the very first thing I do was going to bathroom, I remember sitting on the toilet, head onwards between my arms, my hands clenched, shaking for at least 20-30 minutes, just trying to ease myself with whispering all known prayers....after 30-40 minutes the panic attack used to settle.....

every day that natural morning panic attack happened (without any reason, the only reason was just waking up), every single day...

it continued a very long time.

the first year was worst of course, but in the second year I was ok. and maybe for the last 1,5 years I have not had it other than premenstrual period and waves. currently I am in a wave, I have obvious physical sypmtoms, I can feel them, they are easily noticeable. but no morning anxiety. only stressful mornings because of work, because of personal relationships, because of the virus....

6 months treatment of prozac in 1996 (do not remember any withdrawal symptom)

May 2017- July 2017 Mirtazapine 7,5 mg. Quit cold turkey (as told by the doctor)

May 2017- August 2017 Tianeptine 12,5 mg 3x1. Quit cold turkey because of adverse reactions

October 2017- Suicidal. Had to start Mirtazapine

17 December 2017 LAST DOSE   

NO DRUG AFTER 17 DECEMBER 2017.

IN THE 3. YEAR OF WD I WAS THINKING I HAD RECOVERED 75%. BUT IN THE 4. YEAR AFTER A DENTAL IMPLANT SURGERY EVERYHING HAS CHANGED. 

BELIEVE OR NOT, I AM EXPERIENCING A SECOND WD, WHICH IS INDUCED BY A SURGERY. DATE OF SURGERY WAS 10 DECEMBER 2021. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mentor

Thank you dear for your replay and sorry for my late answer!

I hope the 'tail of wave' has decreased and that this 2021 will give you more healing!

Thank you for your explanation about the bad anxiety morning... I totally understand when you said that some psychological issues could be not totally WD but come from also some stressors of life. Your point of view about physical symptoms helped me a lot when my nerve pain become not too much tolerable: I had to think that it mimics a sort of reumatic illness, it comes in windows and waves and I hope one day it will disappear.

Continue to update us!

All the best for you!

July 2015: the 20mg citalopram for great stress begins

After two years I start tapering (slow but without medical advice) and I guess wrongly. First up to 10 mg, then 5 mg and 2 mg (liquid solution) and skips

January 2020 (I don't remember exactly the day): off citalopram (last dose 2mg).

June 2020: adrenal crash. The beginning of Hell on Earth

Current supplement:

- saffron pill (20 mg) + vit. E, omega 3 (EPA + DHA) 2g, magnesium bisglycinate 300 mg, iron , vitamin D3 (2500ui) +K7 (50 ui), vitamin C (1g) + quercitin (25 mg), theanine (as necessary).

Try meditating / mindfulness, walking every day, CBT/ACT, massage.

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" ("And so we went out to see the stars again")

(Dante Alighieri, Divine Comedy , Inferno, XXXIV, 139)

8 hours ago, Leila said:

Thank you dear for your replay and sorry for my late answer!

I hope the 'tail of wave' has decreased and that this 2021 will give you more healing!

Thank you for your explanation about the bad anxiety morning... I totally understand when you said that some psychological issues could be not totally WD but come from also some stressors of life. Your point of view about physical symptoms helped me a lot when my nerve pain become not too much tolerable: I had to think that it mimics a sort of reumatic illness, it comes in windows and waves and I hope one day it will disappear.

Continue to update us!

All the best for you!

🙏🙏🙏

May 2017- July 2017 Mirtazapine 7,5 mg. Quit cold turkey (as told by the doctor)

May 2017- August 2017 Tianeptine 12,5 mg 3x1. Quit cold turkey because of adverse reactions

IN THE 3. YEAR OF WD I WAS THINKING I HAD RECOVERED 75%. BUT IN THE 4. YEAR AFTER A DENTAL IMPLANT SURGERY EVERYHING HAS CHANGED. 

BELIEVE OR NOT, I AM EXPERIENCING A SECOND WD, WHICH IS INDUCED BY A SURGERY. DATE OF SURGERY WAS 10 DECEMBER 2021. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Mentor
On 12/26/2020 at 4:41 PM, wanttosurvive said:

I have WD-induced earache, I can feel it, I can describe it.

Have you managed to find out what this earache is @wanttosurvive  In the last month or so my sleep has improved massively and my emotional and TD symptoms have faded, but I have whistling tinnitus, head throbbing and earache -like an infection or need syringing. I’m getting strong electriclike surges/pulses in my head too.  I am hoping it’s accelerated healing (with the sleep and loss of other symptoms). 

50 mg Sertraline Nov 2016 to Dec 2016

100 mg Sertraline Jan - March 2017

50 mg Sertraline April - June 2017

25 mg Sertraline July 2017 - Sept 2018

12.5 mg Sertraline Oct 2018

0 mg Nov 1 2018

On 1/20/2021 at 9:08 PM, DaBro said:

Have you managed to find out what this earache is @wanttosurvive  In the last month or so my sleep has improved massively and my emotional and TD symptoms have faded, but I have whistling tinnitus, head throbbing and earache -like an infection or need syringing. I’m getting strong electriclike surges/pulses in my head too.  I am hoping it’s accelerated healing (with the sleep and loss of other symptoms). 

Hi DaBro,

Earache is a usual WD symptom for me. It started in May 2018, when I was 5-5.5 months off drugs. In that time, strange weird symptoms suddenly emerged, which I was unfamiliar with before. All of a sudden, one day a group of new symptoms, one of which was earache, started. Before than I had typical psychological sypmtoms, severe food-drink-addivites sensitivities, severe stomach issues, extreme fatigue, muscle ache-joint pain, etc etc.......

but those new symptoms suddenly started and combined with the old ones.

new ones for that time were noise, light, motion sensitivities, earache, a feeling of fullness on the throat and sinuses, tinnitus,  symptoms about my periods, tooth ache, pins and needles like sensation, edema on my face, hands, sometimes on my eyelids, etc........

it was very very difficult. but time passed and I have really recovered. if you read my story, you will see that most of the symptoms are not evident now.

but earache is still a problem for me.

if I am to explain its nature, the most suitable word would be recurrent thrombbing earache on the either side, followed by one and another. 

I want to explain its nature by giving examples about last waves (in the early days, when it first started, it used to occur regardless of the waves. but for the last year I think it always comes with the waves, mostly).

last wave, which has ended not long ago, was an unusually long one. when it first started it came with typical stomach issues, earache, fatigue, pschological issues, headache, etc, etc....

on one side earache started, it lasted for 6-8 days, then subsided but immediately on the other side the ache started, it also lasted 6-10 days, and then disappeared. As I have said last wave was unusually long, so after a few days on one side earache started once more, it lasted maybe 5-7 days. and ended, but again immediately on the other side ache started again. 

now I am free of wave and earache. but last weekend I had severe ache on one side that I could not touch the ear, lay on that side,.... if I am to touch with the cotton swab, I feel the edema and immediately a sharp sensation emerged.

before the previous wave and before it, it started with the wave as usual and lasted maybe 7-10 days, also just on the one side, either right or left.

about tinnitus, I had it long before, mostly in the first and second year. Now I feel it very very rarely. but one important thing is that if I feel it, definitely I have earache.

noise sensitivity was a major problem in the begining but not now. I remember when the door bell rang or someone stirred the mug with a teaspoon., etc..... I used to feel a sudden sharp pain on the ears just like someone pinning needles on my ears.

you descibed your symptoms with 'whistling tinnitus, head throbbing and earache -like an infection or need syringing. I’m getting strong electriclike surges/pulses in my head too'. this is definitely what I am trying to tell. but I am not a native speaker, but your descriptions are perfect, this is how I feel exactly.

• Mentor

Thanks @wanttosurvive  I think we are similar. I also had food intolerances, PSSD, TD, emotional, insomnia  etc, but mostly gone. Now mainly the pulsing and earache. It’s doing it right now along with a squelching sound. I had 4 strong electrical surges just yesterday morning, a bit like what you get when you have brain freeze from too much cold ice cream. They are more like a surge than a brain zap. 

My theory is brain inflammation creating pressure on the inside of the ear (like a bruise or insect bite or sprain would). I have absolutely no basis for this other than people get headaches after brain injuries and I have had a brain MRI scan and everything is fine. So it’s healing and a good sign - this is my happy story to myself. 

I hope we can both write our success stories in the coming weeks/months. Yesterday I went to bed 10:30 and woke at 6:45 and my earache has slowly improved through the week - hallelujah!

50 mg Sertraline Nov 2016 to Dec 2016

100 mg Sertraline Jan - March 2017

50 mg Sertraline April - June 2017

25 mg Sertraline July 2017 - Sept 2018

12.5 mg Sertraline Oct 2018

0 mg Nov 1 2018

15 hours ago, DaBro said:

Thanks @wanttosurvive  I think we are similar. I also had food intolerances, PSSD, TD, emotional, insomnia  etc, but mostly gone. Now mainly the pulsing and earache. It’s doing it right now along with a squelching sound. I had 4 strong electrical surges just yesterday morning, a bit like what you get when you have brain freeze from too much cold ice cream. They are more like a surge than a brain zap. 

My theory is brain inflammation creating pressure on the inside of the ear (like a bruise or insect bite or sprain would). I have absolutely no basis for this other than people get headaches after brain injuries and I have had a brain MRI scan and everything is fine. So it’s healing and a good sign - this is my happy story to myself. 

I hope we can both write our success stories in the coming weeks/months. Yesterday I went to bed 10:30 and woke at 6:45 and my earache has slowly improved through the week - hallelujah!

I am so glad that things are getting better for you also. 😇

Maybe in the future science would explain our symptoms, but for the time being the best thing we can do is watching the recovery, at least we are recovering 🙏🙏🙏

I wish you all the best, take care!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

A new wave again, just started a few days ago, with typical symptoms: mood changes, lack of energy, easily angered, irritated, over-slept, headache, concentration difficulties, stomach pain, joint pain....

• 1 month later...

Hi wanttosurvive!

How are you feeling now?

2019 Nov-2020 January 5mg Olanzapine 

2020 January-2020 March 2,5 mg Olanzapine 

2020 March- 2020 August 5mg Olanzapine

2020 August-2020 Sept 2,5 mg Olanzapine 

2020 September-2020 November 5mg Olanzapine 

started 10% reduction 

2021 March 3,5 mg Olanzapine 

2021 April 2,5 mg Olanzapine 

11 hours ago, Emily02 said:

Hi wanttosurvive!

How are you feeling now?

Hi Emily02,

Thank you for cheking me. I am fine. Indeed, most of the time I forget about WD, my symptoms only occur in waves. And the interval between waves has increased dramatically.

10 days ago I got vaccinated (inactivated vaccine), I think I did not get a noticable side effect, but I was really very concerned. I have time for the second dose.... not sure what will happen next time. but I think inactivated vaccine dose not have much remarkable effects, although I hesitated very much whether or not to get vaccinated. 

In gerenal, every year is better than the previous one. Now I am over 3 years off drugs and regard myself in the 4th year of WD. This year is definitely much more better, both physically and psychologically. In december I got a serious wave, it was harsch. after than I also had symptoms but they were not so bothersome...

I’m so glad that you’re fine. It really gives me hope that one day I’ll be alright as well.

Thanks for your reply.

I’m also hesitating whether to get vaccinated or not.

I saw that you’re from Turkey. Once I was there and I have lots of beautiful memories of people and places 😊

I was in Istanbul and Adana. Very nice people.

I wish you all the bests

started 10% reduction 

26 minutes ago, Emily02 said:

I’m so glad that you’re fine. It really gives me hope that one day I’ll be alright as well.

Thanks for your reply.

I’m also hesitating whether to get vaccinated or not.

I saw that you’re from Turkey. Once I was there and I have lots of beautiful memories of people and places 😊

I was in Istanbul and Adana. Very nice people.

I wish you all the bests

yes of course, you will be fine.

I remember days when recovery seemed completely impossible. I used to read all the success stories again and again, they gave me hope. you will get better also, this is inevitable. every new day will bring recovery and after a while you will notice the difference. 

I also wish you all the best, happiness and joy...☺️🙏

Thank you so much for kind words 😊 

I really appreciate it.

Warm wishes

started 10% reduction 

4 hours ago, Emily02 said:

Thank you so much for kind words 😊 

I really appreciate it.

Warm wishes

😊

• Moderator Emeritus
6 hours ago, wanttosurvive said:

😊

This is wonderful news, @wanttosurviveThank you for sharing with us your improvements.  I'm so happy to hear that your symptoms are getting less and less.

Arbor

Zoloft: 1995 - 2015

Prozac: 2015 - 2018 (tapered from 40mg x day on July 31 to 30mg on August 31 to 20mg on September 31 to 10mg October 31 to 0mg on  December 15, 2018

Gabapentin: 2016 to 2019  (tapered from 300mg x day to 150mg on August 31, 2019 to 75mg on September 15 to 50mg on September 31 to 25ishmg on October 15 to 0mg on December 1, 2019

Enalapril: 2010 - 2019

Lipitor: 2017 -2017

Metformin: 2000 - 2020

Liothyronine: 2007 - 2019

Levothyroxine: 2000 - 2022

7 hours ago, arbor said:

This is wonderful news, @wanttosurviveThank you for sharing with us your improvements.  I'm so happy to hear that your symptoms are getting less and less.

Arbor

Arbor, thank you for your support

• 1 month later...

Hi, 

I am almost 3,5 years off drugs and just want to give a brief update.

During the WD, every year was different from the previous one and I have witnessed dramatical changes while experiencing recovery.

Last december I got a severe wave. As far as I know there are certain times, when waves are more severe and have immense effects. I think that wave was one of those waves. It lasted more than others and I had more severe symptoms. But afterwards, although I have experienced waves, symptoms were much much more tolerable. Now I sometimes completely forget about WD. If I have a symptom, just in these days I remember about WD.

I lead a normal life, I have difficulties other than WD, including problems about my job, health issues, relationships, family problems, of course covid, and so on. However, especially in the very early days, I mean in the first year, may be in the begining of the second year, the only thing in my mind was WD and recovery.... this is completely different now. 

But, still I think I have time, I have way to walk on. I am not completely recovered. May be 75% recovery ???? may be I will get a big wave again???

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for this update @wanttosurvive.  I really appreciate your report.  It helps me to feel less frustrated when after a window, the waves return.  It seems you are definitely making headway on your recovery.  It takes so much fortitude--

I'm celebrating your progress!!🎈🎇

Best wishes to you--

Arbor

Prozac: 2015 - 2018 (tapered from 40mg x day on July 31 to 30mg on August 31 to 20mg on September 31 to 10mg October 31 to 0mg on  December 15, 2018

Gabapentin: 2016 to 2019  (tapered from 300mg x day to 150mg on August 31, 2019 to 75mg on September 15 to 50mg on September 31 to 25ishmg on October 15 to 0mg on December 1, 2019

10 hours ago, arbor said:

Thank you for this update @wanttosurvive.  I really appreciate your report.  It helps me to feel less frustrated when after a window, the waves return.  It seems you are definitely making headway on your recovery.  It takes so much fortitude--

I'm celebrating your progress!!🎈🎇

Best wishes to you--

Arbor

Arbor, 

Thank you for your encouraging message. I am glad that my posts help someone like you to be more hopeful. 

You know all of us will be recovered in the end. It is just a matter of time. I think the secret word is just patience. 

I also wish all the best for you 🌄 🌞

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am over 3,5 years off drugs.

17 December 2017 was the last time I received an antidepressants. I don't know the last dosage, it was a minute, very very very mini mini dose of mirtazapine, since I was so sensitized that even a smaller than a pinhead size drug was able to kick me off.

now, I think I am over 75% recovered. yes, I sometimes feel the symptoms, but there are really mild. Last noticeable wave was in December, I have written about it in the previous posts. I believe some cornerstones in the way of recovery. it was exactly 3 years when I experienced that remarkable wave. in way opinion it corresponds 'the third year wave'.

now I do not have much to say about waves or symptoms, as thanks God I feel good both physically and psychologically. 

BUT PLEASE ANYONE READING THIS POST, PLEASE READ MY VERY FIRST WRITINGS. I MEAN POSTS IN 2017, 2018...

because my life has completely changed. now I live as the way I lived pre-WD. before WD I was a 'normal' person. if you read, you will understand. I did not have any mental problems, I lived my life with enthusiasm with my family, friends, no serious problems.... I can't find words how to express my gratitude, I am ok now. yes everyone has problems, even they are trivial or serious. but life is it. it has ups and downs. if someone sees the big picture, it is completely ok, we move on..

however, after I had a major gastric surgery in 2017, I had anxiety problems. it started with overthinking about my health issues, it was health anxiety. yes, I confirm having mental disease in that time. but what happened next? I saw a psychiatrist, she prescribed a drug. now I can't remember the list of drugs. because every drug made me sick. she changed one another, than another, than another.....and the story began

so, the story began.....

I tried to write my story in a detailed way as far as I could.

what I want to say is that if someone feels I mean realizes that those drugs, which are actually poisons for a sensitized individual, are no good for him/her, please immediately completely quit.

I regret it vey much that I didn't quit the drugs in the beginning....

• Moderator Emeritus

Because you're feeling better, I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

• Altostrata changed the title to ☼ wanttosurvive: tianeptine
12 hours ago, arbor said:

Because you're feeling better, I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

Thank you very much 🙏🙏🌞🌞

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

A new wave has started last week. The symptoms are as always; stomach ache, fatigue, concentration difficulties, lack of energy, heavy head feeling, tinnitus, ear ache, edema in hands, feet, face, feeling uneasy and nervous... but the severity is indeed tolerable.

Since I know that I am still in WD, I can differentiate the symptoms, but it would be difficult for someone else, as it has been over 3,5 years since I took the last dose. Anyone other than members of this site would not believe that a myriad of manifestations still continue after I took a very minute amount of drugs in a very short time, when compared people taking these drugs for decades. but it happens. this indicates that there are susceptible persons, who are really very sensitive to these agents. So, I insist on giving that advice, if someone is sensitive to ADs, that persons should immediately quit. I am not talking about people for taking ADs for years, they should ask for advice and taper very slowly. I am talking about people, who are very sensitive immediately they took the very first dose of any AD. 

in the very very beginning, in spring 2017 when I took the first dose, I realized that something was wrong, but nobody believed me.... until I discovered this site. but it was late I was already sensitized.

I regard WD as a kind of autoimmune disease. Of course it is curable, I am an example of persons, who have managed to overcome the WD. but given that I still have symptoms after 3,5 years (after taking a small amount of drugs), taking these drugs is not a joke, not a simple thing, it is really very very difficult to quit, if you are sensitive. 

I give advices based on only to my own experiences. And my experience is that the only thing that cures WD is TIME. with time, the body recovers, the severity of waves decreases..... but it happens within the time frame of YEARS. I paid a big price. taking ADs for only a couple of months equals to WD for years. but anyway, it happened, WD is a life changing experience for me. I am a more mature person now... I regard life as a gift, trying the see the value of everything...

Hello @wanttosurvive,

I've read your thread and is very inspiring. I am sorry that you are now in a wave, given that you were on AD for a short period of time. But I think your actitude overall is the right one. 

I Will try to print some of the things you said over the years and have them close to my bed side table, so when at my worst, they can inspire me and remind me that other people did survive. 

My main issue is fatigue. It never really leaves completetly, and I used to run and excercise 4/5 times a week pre-AD. Seeing that you can work and excercise gives me hope:)

Hugs,

Almu.

March 2019: 10mg Citalopram

April 2019: 20mg Citalopram

October/November 2019(sorry, I don't remember the exact date): 10mg of Citalopram without tapering, as suggested by my pharmacist. 

March 2020: Started "tapering", taking the 10mg of Citalopram every other day, again, following the recommendations of my pharmacist. 

April 2020: Stopped taking Citalopram.

I haven't reinstall since then. I've tried taking Magnesium a couple of times, but I found out it makes me nervous. I only take Paracetemol when the headache becomes unbearable (2gr every couple of weeks or so). 

Thank you Almu,

The thing you mentioned about inspiring posts is definitely right. I also read million times most of the success stories and inspiring posts of other members. 

about exercise; yes it is true now I can easily exercise. because of the pandemic, I don't go to gym but other things are ok. I can walk for hours.... in the beginning I remember walking within the rooms of the house was a big issue for me. with time the body regains its strength, it is for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, GVR91 said:

@wanttosurvive i have some questions if i may ask.

How long you lived with your parents. After what time in WD you could live on your own?

After hoe many months you knew I'm gonna make it.

And with the 3 year wave. How you coped with your job? Or was it not as intense that you couldn't work.

Thanks

Best wishes and you're very brave!

Hi GVR91, 

For one year I lived with my parents. It was from May 2018 until June 2019. Before WD I had been living on my own, it is the same now. That time was the worst. 

Now I am over 3,5 years off drugs and it is ok to cope with life.

22 minutes ago, wanttosurvive said:

Hi GVR91, 

For one year I lived with my parents. It was from May 2018 until June 2019. Before WD I had been living on my own, it is the same now. That time was the worst. 

Now I am over 3,5 years off drugs and it is ok to cope with life.

I think the most important remedy for WD is having faith and patience. Of course everyone will going to make it, as you will also make it. Nevertheless, every individual is different, everyone has different reactions. For instance, I received a very small amount of ADs in a very short time. Some other people receive these drugs for decades, however they do not develop any reaction. Thus, beleive in yourself and have faith. You will definitely going to make it. 

Best wishes

2 minutes ago, GVR91 said:

I lived with them for some months just like you but they don t believe in WD and dont know what to do and say. So just arguments and brawls everytime. Now i'm on my own barely hanging. 

Put some strength out of your story 

Hang on👊👊

13 minutes ago, GVR91 said:

I will try to go on thanks for your encouraging words. I'm at month 7 the same as when you where ruminating about how to harm yourself. But you made it.. i hope i can push through also

Thanks again❤️

🌞🌞🌸

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just want to give an update.

For nearly two years I assume, I do not have any issues about food, drink and supplement sensitivity. I wrote it previously, I can eat and drink whatever I want, except the fact that I do not drink alcoholic beverages (due to religious beliefs), also never liked coffee (because of my long-lasting esophageal reflux and gastiritis). In addition, for more than a year I receive supplements, including high dose of omega-3, vit C, regular dose of vit D and rarely iron and magnesium (the only reason for rarity is my forgetfulness to take the iron and magnesium). 

On March 14th I got the first shot of covid vaccination (Chinese covid vaccine), (usual mild side effects), second dose (Chinese) was on April 11th. After 2-3 days I started to feel weird, a kind of anxious, uneasy. but no sleep disturbances or other symptoms of WD. In general it was ok to get to the vaccine, no important side effects.

Since the protection of Chinese vaccine was not good enough, in Turkey it was a general rule to get the third dose of vaccine. I had the option to get the Chinese also the German vaccine (Biontech). I decided to be vaccinated with Biontech, although I hesitated very much and afraid of side effects. the good news is that I had no serious side effects in regard to WD. it has been nearly 2 weeks. the day after vaccination I was tired and had a headache, also injection site sensitivity. but no reaction related with WD. it was interesting, I know that Biontech has more side effects, also has more protection for the vaccinated. but it was ok for me, even more comfortable to be vaccinated with Biontech.

the other thing I want to mention is drug sensitivity. I have gastritis and reflux, so I have been receiving proton pump inhibitors and famotidine for more than two decades. I received them even in the midst of WD with no reaction.

I wrote it previously antibiotics exacerbates my WD symptoms, particularly brain fog, anxiety, DP/DR, sleep issues. I know it, it happens because of the dramatic and drastic change in gut microbiota, as I can manage the symptoms by taking probiotics. after a few days of terminating antibiotics I am back to normal again. I think this is same for most of the members.

about antihistamines; for the first time this year I received antihistamines while I am in WD. I mean I used to receive antihistamines before WD, but after WD started I was afraid of taking any drug. but this spring I received fexofenadine with no reaction regarding WD.

today what I want to speak of is metformin. for the last couple of months, I put on weight. my elder sister receives metformin for weight control. 3 days earlier she gave me a few tablets of metformin. first day I took 250 mg (a quarter of a extended release tablet 1000 mg metformin) at first I didn't realize anything, second day I received the same dose, after a few hours I felt a bit uneasy, drowsy, I fall asleep. but it was at night, I thought that I was too tired that I fall asleep early. yesterday I took the same dose at noon. it was obvious, a few hours later DP/DR started, I felt drowsy and in the middle of the day I fall asleep again. and what is important is that last night my sleep was interrupted several times, I felt as if I was in the early days of WD.

I do not want to frighten anyone. EVERYONE IS DIFFERNT, THE FACT THAT I GET SIDE EFFECTS DOES NOT MEAN OTHER PEOPLE IN WD WILL ALSO GET SIDE EFFECTS.

but as a summary I can easily say that after a few years all food, drink and supplement sensitivities were over for mer. I get no reaction with proton pump inhibitors, famotidine during the WD, even in the very very early days. 

this year I received antihitamine (fexofenadine) with no side effect. 

covid vaccination; no serious side effect.

antibiotics are problematic but I assume they are problematic for anyone in WD, since they change the gut microflora dramatically. 

for metformin; I took very small amount but I got side effect (DR/DP, brain fog). but I do not want to discourage anyone, it is a must drug for diabetes, maybe I had the side effect because of hypoglycemia, but I am not sure. because last night I could not sleep and I took the drug at noon, several hours passed.....

this is a brief summary for my medication history. I know everyone is different but I am sure that WD completely changes our body. our body is not the same as it was before WD. my only suggestion is that take care of your health and do not take any unnecessary drugs....

wishing happiness and peace for all survivors...

• 1 month later...

Hi,

This is a brief update. I have been experiencing a wave for the last 2-3 weeks. it is still going on. the symptoms are as usual; headache, earache, toothache, concentration difficulties, heavy head feeling, stomach issues, mood changes, sleeping problems, fatigue, loss of energy, etc....

toothache and earache are always accompany each other. they always start at one side, than convert to the other side. for example; approximately 3 weeks ago on my left side toothache started just on the upper last teeth area, then after some time on the same side I had a severe ache on my ear. it just lasted 5-7 days. then (I mean nowadays) I am feeling severe ache on my right side (upper last teeth area and ear). I know it will last a few weeks... at the same time I have headache, mood changes, stomach issues.....

so I know that this is a wave.

I am just trying to have some rest. last week the ache was so severe, so I had to take an analgesics, then I had some relief. this was surprising. this was the first time that I took an analgesic for the WD-induced pain. I have been experiencing these kind of pains for the last 3 years. I can easily remember I was in the 5. or 6. months off drugs, each ache started suddenly with sound sensitivity. sound sensitivity was so severe that even the door bell ringing or the sound of the tea spoon in a cup of tea were able to kick me off. I mean was a trigger for a panic attack, all the noises in my head, that tinnitus. but they are gone now. Indeed light/sound/movement sensitivities are gone may be for the last couple of years. also tinnitus is over.

but the pain is still here....

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

The wave still continues, but the symptoms have changed. Tooth ache, ear ache are over. But I have terrible stomach pain. For me, stomach issues are generally the most pronounced symptoms. Indeed in the beginning of this wave, I was surprised that I did not have a prominent stomach pain. But it is here now. It followed other symptoms. 

So, I want to emphasize that during a wave symptoms follow each other. One subsides, other emerges.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I do not want to discourage anyone and I am not a person with anti-vaccination ideas, but unfortunately I have increased symptoms since the time I got the last shot of the COVID vaccine. 
In Turkey in the beginning the vaccination program was somehow complicated. First I got the full dosage of Sinovac and later full dosage of Biontech. 
So in March and April Sinovac

In July and August Biontech

This means 4 vaccination.

In my opinion Sinovac do not have long term side effects for me.

But since the second half of August I have significant symptoms about WD. 

As I have said before I am not an anti-vaccination person, most probably I will get the next dosage of vaccine when the time comes. Because COVID is an extremely dangerous disease and I do not know which consequences may I have, if I got it. So being vaccinated is a safe option. 

Since August I have had 2 waves with significant symptoms. Moreover, now I have DR/DP, which has not happened more than almost 2 years I think. It is not as severe as it was in the beginning of WD, but I have it now. In addition, I have remarkable physical symptoms, including ear ache, tooth ache, joint pain, fatigue….. I am depressed…. I have lots of things to do with my work, but I do not have any energy.

Today is 17 October, so I am 3 years and 10 months off drugs. I was hoping to be better, I mean I should be better. I am almost 4 years off. But this is it… there is nothing to do. I increased the dosage of omega 3. But nothing else.

I wish health and happiness to everyone. Being vaccinated is a safe option, but you may consider side effects about WD.

• Moderator Emeritus
59 minutes ago, wanttosurvive said:

Since August I have had 2 waves with significant symptoms. Moreover, now I have DR/DP, which has not happened more than almost 2 years I think. It is not as severe as it was in the beginning of WD, but I have it now. In addition, I have remarkable physical symptoms, including ear ache, tooth ache, joint pain, fatigue….. I am depressed…. I have lots of things to do with my work, but I do not have any energy.

Please read my post to another member about this:

inchristalone

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management