☼ wanttosurvive: tianeptine

wanttosurvive

Anyone reading my post, do not be confused. COVID is a very dangerous disease, the only way out of this pandemic is vaccination. I am not regretful about my decision. I will get the next dosage, when the time comes. But I just wanted to point out the effects of it on my recovery. 

In addition, my recovery is slow, maybe this is the normal course of it. Maybe vaccination did not affected me. This is also possible. 

But I wrote the post about having side effects of vaccine, because I got increased symptoms since the last shot. Normally if I have a wave, the next one comes after a while. now I have a wave, in September also I had a severe wave. This usually do not happen. There must be a time period between them.

Also the severity of the symptoms is increased. I have ear ache, tooth ache with an increased severity that I wave up at night. One week on right side I have pain, next week on the other side and then again on right side and then on the left. It seems to me that this is an unbreakable cycle. 

about DR\DP… this is an objective symptom. I can not make an exact statement. But I have it now… for a long time I have not had it….now it is morning in Turkey, I am sure I will be better within hours.

6 months treatment of prozac in 1996 (do not remember any withdrawal symptom)

May 2017- July 2017 Mirtazapine 7,5 mg. Quit cold turkey (as told by the doctor)

May 2017- August 2017 Tianeptine 12,5 mg 3x1. Quit cold turkey because of adverse reactions

October 2017- Suicidal. Had to start Mirtazapine

17 December 2017 LAST DOSE   

NO DRUG AFTER 17 DECEMBER 2017.

IN THE 3. YEAR OF WD I WAS THINKING I HAD RECOVERED 75%. BUT IN THE 4. YEAR AFTER A DENTAL IMPLANT SURGERY EVERYHING HAS CHANGED. 

BELIEVE OR NOT, I AM EXPERIENCING A SECOND WD, WHICH IS INDUCED BY A SURGERY. DATE OF SURGERY WAS 10 DECEMBER 2021. 

4 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Please read my post to another member about this:

inchristalone

Thank you ChessieCat🙏🏻

May 2017- July 2017 Mirtazapine 7,5 mg. Quit cold turkey (as told by the doctor)

May 2017- August 2017 Tianeptine 12,5 mg 3x1. Quit cold turkey because of adverse reactions

IN THE 3. YEAR OF WD I WAS THINKING I HAD RECOVERED 75%. BUT IN THE 4. YEAR AFTER A DENTAL IMPLANT SURGERY EVERYHING HAS CHANGED. 

BELIEVE OR NOT, I AM EXPERIENCING A SECOND WD, WHICH IS INDUCED BY A SURGERY. DATE OF SURGERY WAS 10 DECEMBER 2021. 

Hello, @wanttosurvive

I am sorry to read that you are not having a good time. 

my understanding is that you had 4 vaccinations? Thats a lot, no wonder It had an effect in your system.

I had my worst wave after my 1 jab in June(to the point that I wanted to kill myself) and I can tell you that everything will get better. I know you know It better than me, but just a reminder in case you need It.

I send you a Big hug.

March 2019: 10mg Citalopram

April 2019: 20mg Citalopram

October/November 2019(sorry, I don't remember the exact date): 10mg of Citalopram without tapering, as suggested by my pharmacist. 

March 2020: Started "tapering", taking the 10mg of Citalopram every other day, again, following the recommendations of my pharmacist. 

April 2020: Stopped taking Citalopram.

I haven't reinstall since then. I've tried taking Magnesium a couple of times, but I found out it makes me nervous. I only take Paracetemol when the headache becomes unbearable (2gr every couple of weeks or so). 

2 hours ago, almuPA said:

Hello, @wanttosurvive

I am sorry to read that you are not having a good time. 

my understanding is that you had 4 vaccinations? Thats a lot, no wonder It had an effect in your system.

I had my worst wave after my 1 jab in June(to the point that I wanted to kill myself) and I can tell you that everything will get better. I know you know It better than me, but just a reminder in case you need It.

I send you a Big hug.

almuPa thank you so much 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
I really needed an encouragement. 

yes, because of the weird vaccination program in my country, I had 4 doses. 
but I think the first couple ones did not affected, indeed they were inactivated. On the other hand, the last ones really affected me. I do not how long this unbreakable cycle of waves will go on….

I know recovery is inevitable. I remember days when recovery seemed impossible…but I made it. last year I was thinking that I had recovered almost 75%. I had long windows when everything was alright.

now having this severe waves one after another is really disappointing. 

anyway, thank you so much for your post. I will be updating. 

all the best.

• 2 months later...

Hi, 

It has been 4 years since I quit drugs. Yesterday was the anniversary. I know I won't forget 17th December of 2017, it was one of the worst days of my life. Now, as I have managed so far, I can't find the words to thank God.

In my previous post, I was describing the side effects of Covid vaccine. As time passes, I am more sure that vaccination has affected me. But this is not because now I have side effects, rather now I do not have side effects. I really want to thank almuPa once more, she was right. I had four doses of vaccine (2 Sinovac, 2 biontech) in a 5-6 months period. Apparently this was an overdose. The last dose was in late August. Within weeks, side effects started and in October they made a peak. But afterwards, they fade away. Now I am ok. On the other hand, I am planning to get vaccinated in spring, these side effects did not defer me from being eager to get the shot again. Because in my opinion the infection is so dangerous, getting vaccinated is a safer option.

Overall I am ok. This week I had to receive antibiotics because of an upper airway infection. This was so interesting. Since last friday I have received antibiotics morning and evening, thus in a normal dosage. Today is the 9. day, tomorrow I will take the last dose. What was so interesting is that it has been a while since I am capable of receiving a NORMAL dose of antibiotics. Please read my previous posts, antibiotics were the trigger, I mean the reason for me to quit antidepressants. In the very beginning of WD, I had severe reactions with antibiotics. This was the reason for me to quit antidepressant. In the following years, every time I took antibiotics I also got reactions. Antibiotics were a nightmare for me. I was thinking what if I got a serious infection. What would happen, no one would believe me. Of course, probiotics are lifesaver. Still this week I got a good dose of probiotics and with their help I was able to receive the full-normal dose of antibiotics. This is a very important improvement for me. 

Otherwise I am ok. In November and this month, I have not experienced a serious wave. Life has its own challenges, they are not about my WD. It seems that WD loses its impact on me. 

I wish health, peace and happiness to all survivors. 🌞🌞

4 years, CONGRATS!! It may be a weird anniversary, but we all know It is a very important one. And THANK YOU for coming back and tell us how you are doing.

You dont know how happy It makes me read that you are feeling better. Yes, the vaccine has it s own side efects, but as you said, it is better to get the shot than to deal with COVID. 

8 hours ago, wanttosurvive said:

wish health, peace and happiness to all survivors

Oww, what a nice statment. Donyou write? You have a talent!

October/November 2019(sorry, I don't remember the exact date): 10mg of Citalopram without tapering, as suggested by my pharmacist. 

March 2020: Started "tapering", taking the 10mg of Citalopram every other day, again, following the recommendations of my pharmacist. 

I haven't reinstall since then. I've tried taking Magnesium a couple of times, but I found out it makes me nervous. I only take Paracetemol when the headache becomes unbearable (2gr every couple of weeks or so). 

10 hours ago, almuPA said:

4 years, CONGRATS!! It may be a weird anniversary, but we all know It is a very important one. And THANK YOU for coming back and tell us how you are doing.

You dont know how happy It makes me read that you are feeling better. Yes, the vaccine has it s own side efects, but as you said, it is better to get the shot than to deal with COVID. 

Oww, what a nice statment. Donyou write? You have a talent!

almuPA thank you very much for your kind words. 💛

You know sometimes although you realize all what is going on, you need encouragement. While I was writing my previous post, I knew that vaccines had bad effects on my WD symptoms, but I needed reassurance. Your words really mattered a lot. So thank you again. 

Indeed, this site is the only place where I can express my story. I have lots of medical professionals around me, but I am sure if I tell anything about my WD story, they won’t even believe a single word about it.  

In the very beginning of my WD journey only one psychiatrist believed me, although to some extent. He was an old doctor, a very experienced one. I did not tell everything. For instance, weird light, sound sensitivities, ear/ toothaches, food sensitivities….lots of symptoms were unbelievable for him. He said just like this ‘there are some people, who are more sensitive to psychiatric drugs, you are one of them. but I think you exaggerate it’ that was all. Therefore, I really thank all the members of this community. Without the help of this community, I won’t be alive now. 🙏🙏

Wanttosurvive,

I’m so happy for you!  You did it!  It’s wonderful to read that you are doing so well. - Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

1 hour ago, Rosetta said:

Wanttosurvive,

I’m so happy for you!  You did it!  It’s wonderful to read that you are doing so well. - Rosetta

Thank you very much Rosetta.

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been reading your story. It’s remarkable! I’m so happy you’re doing so much better. What a long difficult road. You’re an incredibly strong person. My life also got ruined by Clarithromycin… and that’s how I ended up on a merry-go-round of psych meds. I’ll probably have to spend years tapering off Mirtazapine and it makes me feel pretty low. Reading this and seeing your courage and strength, gives me some motivation and hope. All the best to you in 2022 ☺️

2015-16 - Desvenlafaxine 35.7mg for 10 months, rapid taper without incident.

September 2021 - December 2021 Lorazepam peak 2.5mg, jumped from 0.25mg

October ‘21 - November ‘21 - Milnacipran up to 100mg for 3 weeks, rapid tapered off in one week at my insistence, horrible side efffects on medication, including two days of Akathisia. 

November 2nd - November 12th ‘21 - 7.5mg Mirtazapine 

November 13th ‘21 - February 8th ‘22  - Mirtazapine 15mg

2022: 07/02 - 14.7mg 14/02 - 14.33mg 21/02 - 13.97mg 28/02 - 13.63mg 07/03 - 13.29mg 14/03 - 12.96mg 21/03 - 12.64mg 28/03 - 12.3mg 04/04 - 11.99mg 11/04 - 11.63mg 18/04 - 11.28mg 25/04 - 10.94mg 16/05 - 9.98mg 30/05 - 9.09mg 13/06 - 8.82mg 27/06 - 8.3mg 03/07 - 8.05mg 18/07 - 7.5mg 12/08 - 6.75mg 16/10 - 4.85mg 05/12 - 3.5mg // 2023: 02/01 - 2.94mg

// 2024: 12/02 - 0.98mg
Supplements: Magnesium glycinate, Omega-3, Zinc, Lysine, Vitamin D, NAC, Probiotics, Grapeseed extract, Phosphatidylserine 

slowphie,

Thank you so much. Actually nowadays I have troubles with Wd, due to the fact that I have to take antibiotics. 

1 month ago because of a sinus surgery and following upper airway infection, I had to use 10 days of antibiotics. I managed this.

but afterwards the infection recurred. so 3 weeks in one month, I mean 3/4 of the month I had to receive antibiotics. still using augmentin bid. This is the 12th day. Monday I will go to the doctor, I do not know what he will say. This really challenges me. Now I feel as if I am in the very beginning of the WD. anxiety, depression, DR/DP......

so your message really matters to me. Thank you so much, you gave me hope. I hope we will all manage this. and in the end we will all be happy again.

but I can not find words to tell how angry I am. If you read my story you will see that I only received ADs for a couple of months. Now I am over 4 years off the drugs, but still paying the price. I can not understand how it is possible. just a few months of ADs (indeed I was not feeling good while taking them), but still having side effects of them even after 4 years. This is unbelievable. but it happens, this is the cruel reality.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

Just want to give a brief update. Unfortunately, I am having a hard time with WD. On the 10th of december, I had a dental implant surgery. It was a kind of major surgery, the dentist put several bone grafts, membranes and a dental implant. Several years ago I had 2 dental implants put in. no rxn at that time of course it was pre-WD period, so I was healthy, no autoimmune rxns, no side effects of any procedures….

Following this surgery the dentist prescribed oral antibiotics, indeed I wrote about it. I managed to receive a full course of antibiotics without side effects, of course with the help of probiotics. However, one week later the area where the surgery took place, started to swell. So the dentist said that I should use a 14 days course of antibiotics. But he also said that it was not just because of the infection, there was also a rxn related to materials they used. A kind of foreign body rxn, so the area was swollen, red, and also several bone materials were pouring out to my tongue. I was feeling them but assured it was normal after such a major surgery.

In the late days of December, I started to feel uneasy, anxious, depressed. I thought it was because of antibiotics, but I was surprised, since I was receiving augmentin with probiotics. I know this drug, I should be able to handle it. However, day by day my depression and anxiety was deepening. Also I was feeling DR/DP. On 8 th of january I wrote about my feelings. At that time I thought the only reason was antibiotics. The following day I started to feel typical wave symptoms, severe headache, earache, a kind of nausea, all the stomach issues, feeling too cold or hot, sleeping problems, fatigue.... So I realized this was a wave, but a severe one. I wrote previously that after vaccination my waves were severe. the last wave was in October, so it was normal to have a wave in january. but, symptoms were very severe this time, depression and anxiety were severe. Also, there was DR/DP. I have not felt DP/DR for a long time. It was so disappointing to have DP/DR after 4 years off drugs. 

I visited the dentist regularly, he checked that area. And last week he said that ‘you are a kind of sensitive person, the area is still very sensitive. But regard it as a foreign body, just like a vaccine, your system will accept it, but it will take time’. And with this explanation, I suddenly realized that all the procedure, several bone grafts, membranes, and the implant put stress on my system. My immune system was activated just like after the vaccines. This is the reason for increased WD symptoms. 

Now, I still have depression, anxiety, DP/DR. But I am hopeful. Now I know the reason. I found some articles about the activated immune system after dental implant surgery. I think this is not just because of the implant, also the dentist put several bone grafts, membranes. So they are all foreign materials. I know my immune system is struggling. This is the reason.

my system is still so fragile. I had 4 vaccines (march, april, july and august) also several foreign materials into my mouth. they all put stress on my system. last year I was thinking I had recoved 75%. but now I can not say this. so beware of this rxns. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Dear @wanttosurvive--I'm so very sorry you're having to go through all this.  You've come such a long way.  I think all your prior healing will support you as you recover from this latest challenge.

I am rooting for you, and wishing you relief from recurring symptoms❤️

Arbor

Zoloft: 1995 - 2015

Prozac: 2015 - 2018 (tapered from 40mg x day on July 31 to 30mg on August 31 to 20mg on September 31 to 10mg October 31 to 0mg on  December 15, 2018

Gabapentin: 2016 to 2019  (tapered from 300mg x day to 150mg on August 31, 2019 to 75mg on September 15 to 50mg on September 31 to 25ishmg on October 15 to 0mg on December 1, 2019

Enalapril: 2010 - 2019

Lipitor: 2017 -2017

Metformin: 2000 - 2020

Liothyronine: 2007 - 2019

Levothyroxine: 2000 - 2022

1 hour ago, arbor said:

Dear @wanttosurvive--I'm so very sorry you're having to go through all this.  You've come such a long way.  I think all your prior healing will support you as you recover from this latest challenge.

I am rooting for you, and wishing you relief from recurring symptoms❤️

Arbor

Arbor, 

Thank you so much, it was very kind of you to courage me🙏

yes, I am hopeful, I am sure I will get better with time. but this is really disappointing, more than 4 years off drugs, so much healing. but now a very big setback. 😞

will be updating...

Dear @wanttosurvive being at also over four years out and struggling, I feel your pain!

Keep the faith that your situation will improve - it's just a question of time. We will get through this. Onwards and upwards!

Sending you healing vibes 🥰

Effexor XR 75mg 1997-2012 

Effexor XR 37.5mg 2012-2017 (tapered off over six months - finished taper July 2017)

SCA Aug 12th, 2017

Cymbalta 30mg Aug 2017 - Nov 2017 (CT Nov. 17th for medical reasons)

Metoprolol 50mg Aug 2017 - Feb 2019 tapered down to 25mg June 2019 then tapered down to zero. Off Metoprolol as of Jan 2020        

Amiodarone (anti-arrhythmic med) 200mg Nov 2017- May 2018

Supplements: Omega 3, vitamin D3, magnesium

What helps me: Manual lymphatic drainage massage, acupressure, meditation, homeopathy (my psychiatrist is also a certified homeopath), a healthy diet when possible organic, yoga, walking my dogs every day and gardening.

1 hour ago, gentlehermione said:

Dear @wanttosurvive being at also over four years out and struggling, I feel your pain!

Keep the faith that your situation will improve - it's just a question of time. We will get through this. Onwards and upwards!

Sending you healing vibes 🥰

Gentlehermione,

Thank you so much. These encouraging messages really matter for me. This community is the one, with whom I can share my struggles about WD. Otherwise, no one would believe me. Indeed, since the beginning of my WD journey, I shared my truth only with one psychiatrist, who believed me only to some extent. I have not seen him for more than 2 years, so if I go and tell my pain, he would definitely won’t believe me now.

So, I really appreciate your support, thank you very much. 

Hi,

I am experiencing a very severe wave. very bad one. I put the blame on 4 consequative doses of vaccines and the surgery, in which they had put several foreign materials into my body...... 

this year I am over 4 years off drugs. but I am feeling as if I am in the first year of my WD journey. 

symptoms are very severe. just able to go to work. I have not experienced such a severe wave for years, this is just like the waves in the first year of recovery.

also I want to ask a question? 17 december 2017 was the last time I took ADs. so, now I am 4 years off drugs. 4 years+ 1 month+ 9 days

I know there are several milestones, I mean several time points, when waves are severe. I experienced it several times previously. I can remember , 5-6 month wave, 9 month wave even 3 year wave....but, it has been so long time I can't remember all of them. but definitely sure some waves are more severe than others. 

is there anyone can assure me about the severity of this wave? may be this is related with the time period. 

although I am definitely sure 4 doses of vaccines and the last awful operation, all affected my system, may be this period is a time, when I shoul experince a severe wave also. 

may be all add up together and this is why I am suffering so much.

anyone knows about 'a severe 4 year wave' please write, I am so desperate, I just need an explanation.

• Moderator Emeritus

Dear @wanttosurvive  I can imagine that you must be feeling distressed (on top of distress--).  How awful for you.  I can't speak to general patterns of recovery as my experience  seems often tied to how much stress in my life is adding to the struggle of w/d.  I have read that anesthetics can cause problems with exposure to AD's.  Here's an article that may or may not be helpful: 

Studies on the mechanism of general anesthesia.
Pavel MA, et al. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2020. PMID: 32467161 Free PMC article.

Also, my own experience with the second Covid19 vaccine caused a strong setback.  I felt that I was back in the initial w/d symptoms.  However, it didn't take as long to reset to where I was before getting the shots.  

You've come such a long way.  Hang in there--you'll get back to where you were.  And then freer and freer of protracted w/d.

Sending you healing thoughts,

Arbor

Prozac: 2015 - 2018 (tapered from 40mg x day on July 31 to 30mg on August 31 to 20mg on September 31 to 10mg October 31 to 0mg on  December 15, 2018

Gabapentin: 2016 to 2019  (tapered from 300mg x day to 150mg on August 31, 2019 to 75mg on September 15 to 50mg on September 31 to 25ishmg on October 15 to 0mg on December 1, 2019

23 minutes ago, arbor said:

Dear @wanttosurvive  I can imagine that you must be feeling distressed (on top of distress--).  How awful for you.  I can't speak to general patterns of recovery as my experience  seems often tied to how much stress in my life is adding to the struggle of w/d.  I have read that anesthetics can cause problems with exposure to AD's.  Here's an article that may or may not be helpful: 

Studies on the mechanism of general anesthesia.
Pavel MA, et al. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2020. PMID: 32467161 Free PMC article.

Also, my own experience with the second Covid19 vaccine caused a strong setback.  I felt that I was back in the initial w/d symptoms.  However, it didn't take as long to reset to where I was before getting the shots.  

You've come such a long way.  Hang in there--you'll get back to where you were.  And then freer and freer of protracted w/d.

Sending you healing thoughts,

Arbor

Thank you Arbor,

you have ben always supporting me. Yes I feel awful, I do not want to mention but I feel so awful that even I have suicidal thoughts. But let us forget about them. I have just writen it because I want to express my feelings, I wanted to express how someone can detoriate even years after. 

Always I tried to write about my journey. today I read some of the old posts. It helped me a lot. I know I will recover form this also.

For the time being I will concentrate on recovery I am sure something had affected my system. But also this is a time for a wave. Presumably all of them mixed up and the result is this….

I will forget about the past and concentrate on the future. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Dear wonderful @wanttosurvive

I hope you're doing ok.  I'm thinking of you.

On 1/26/2022 at 12:18 PM, wanttosurvive said:

Yes I feel awful, I do not want to mention but I feel so awful that even I have suicidal thoughts. But let us forget about them. I have just writen it because I want to express my feelings, I wanted to express how someone can detoriate even years after. 

I can understand the suicidal thoughts.  I hope they're not bothering you too much.  Please stay in touch here and with people you can trust.  Don't listen to them.  You're still healing--we're still healing.  We're together.🙏

Big hug,

Arbor

2 hours ago, arbor said:

Dear wonderful @wanttosurvive

I hope you're doing ok.  I'm thinking of you.

I can understand the suicidal thoughts.  I hope they're not bothering you too much.  Please stay in touch here and with people you can trust.  Don't listen to them.  You're still healing--we're still healing.  We're together.🙏

Big hug,

Arbor

Thank you Arbor,

I can’t understand what has happened. Wave has deepened. I have troubles even doing my daily tasks. Just praying. 

I hope this is the worst part. 

Hi,

thank you all, Arbor my deepest thanks are especially for you.

for a while I won't follow my emails. so most probably I won't see your messages.

unfortunately I have also anxiety about BEING IN WD.

beacuse today in lunch time I was with my friends, evertyhing was good. after the lunch break immediately my anxiety overwhelmed. so I realized that my symptoms are also related with my own anxiety. in the past I had so difficult times. and I am afraid of being back in there. but I will not be. all the other WD-induced symptoms are not present. I know everything about WD. all those weird sypmtoms are not present. you know all bizarre sensations, food sensitivity, everything spins around, those silly noises, etc. etc....

only 2 weeks ago I had toothache/earache, tinnitus..., this week terrible stomach issues and some pins/needle like sensation....but I know these symptoms. they all come and go, I know them. for more than 4 years I have them.

now I have DP/DR, anxiety and depression. but I am sure now these are not only related with WD. also my anxiety increased them. 

so from now on I will forget about everything and focus on life......

in spring time I will write again and in that time I promise I will be better 🌞🌞

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @wanttosurvive,

I am so sorry to read that you are suffering like that after 4 years off AD. I feel your pain and your confusion.

As arbor wrote, anesthesia can have an impact in our symptoms, as far as I've read in this website. I am no mod or expert, but it could also have been a combination of circumstances: the vaccines in a short amount of time, the anesthesia, the operation itself... I also think that the last 2 years have been very stressful for the world, we have faced a situation that none of us were ready for and it may have put a lot of of anxiety in our lives. 

I totally understand that you feel disappointed for having symptoms after such a long time. But please remember that if you could get better once, you can do it again. I don't think your system is back to square one, though. 

I send you a big hug. 

9 minutes ago, almuPA said:

Hello @wanttosurvive,

I am so sorry to read that you are suffering like that after 4 years off AD. I feel your pain and your confusion.

As arbor wrote, anesthesia can have an impact in our symptoms, as far as I've read in this website. I am no mod or expert, but it could also have been a combination of circumstances: the vaccines in a short amount of time, the anesthesia, the operation itself... I also think that the last 2 years have been very stressful for the world, we have faced a situation that none of us were ready for and it may have put a lot of of anxiety in our lives. 

I totally understand that you feel disappointed for having symptoms after such a long time. But please remember that if you could get better once, you can do it again. I don't think your system is back to square one, though. 

I send you a big hug. 

almuPa thank you

but I have bad news. I am just like in the very beginning of WD. All symptoms have come back. Severe depression, severe DP/DR, noise/ sound/ motion sensitivities, severe stomach pain, hands and foot edema, itching, over sweating, muscle contractions…. I can not feel my head. It is so heavy and I have pain. 

Because of DP/DR and concentration difficulties I quit my job. Back to my parents home just like 4 years ago. Everything is just as 4 years ago. 

it has been 10 days now I am with my parents. My sleep is better now. Before than I was sleeping 4-5 hours (with the help of magnesium and chamomile tea) Now it is better. I do not want to talk about but I had sucidal thought now they are gone. Even I lost my religious thoughts. But thanks God they are better now. 

all my colleagues and friends think that  am insane. I do not talk about WD. Just said I have depression because of my boy friend. By the way my relationship is over now because of me. 

WD ruined my life again. Everything, my job, relationships. But I am still alive. 

i am so sorry normally I am optimistic. I want to give courage. But everything is mess now. 

my plan is to live with my parents in my home town again for a while.  Also I have elder sister and niece with me. They all give life support. They do not know about WD they are all confused. 

that operation changed everything. I want to warn everyone. The dentist used several foreign materials (an implant, several packages of bone graft and bone membranes) I am 100% sure they all affected my system. 

I increased the dose of omega 3 and vit c. Also take normal dose of vit D and E. 

2 days ago magnesium caused a sensitivity. Maybe in the last month I took magnesium in overdose. Maybe it is because of this. Now I do not take magnesium. Drink chamomile tea before sleep. I can sleep approximately 6 hours.

this DP/DR and noise and motion sensitivities really very bad. 

I am really sorry. Normally I give courage But I am really disappointed. Second WD after 4 years this is not fair.

Hello, dear friend (I hope you don't mind I call you friend),

I am so so sorry to read your experience. You are right, it is not fair. But please, do not apologize for being honest. It is your experience and you are sharing it, and I thank you for that. You will always be an example to all of us, it doesnt matter what you say.

I am sorry that your life had changed in such a drastric way because of WD. To have to leave your job and go back with your parents it is a tough decision to make, but maybe a necessary one. I spent last summer with my parents and, even though they don't believe in WD, it was very beneficial for me.  It is good that you can stay with someone and being taken care of.

I understand what you mean about saying that you have depression instead of WD. It is just easier, people dont understand and, at least in my environment, they are not willing to learn. It is hard and discouraging, because what you are going through it is so real and so tough that it almost looks like a joke that they dont believe you. This website is amazing because of that, we feel validated and we can find answer to our misery. 

Can you do something to distract yourself? Like playing with your phone, or listening to podcasts or meditations, praying, reading, crafts... I know is not the best of advice, but it is the way I have to go through the difficult days.  

I know you are living a very tough situation, but please remember that you could survive once. I know you can do it again. 

Please let me know if I can do something for you.

I send you a big hug. 

4 minutes ago, almuPA said:

Hello, dear friend (I hope you don't mind I call you friend),

I am so so sorry to read your experience. You are right, it is not fair. But please, do not apologize for being honest. It is your experience and you are sharing it, and I thank you for that. You will always be an example to all of us, it doesnt matter what you say.

I am sorry that your life had changed in such a drastric way because of WD. To have to leave your job and go back with your parents it is a tough decision to make, but maybe a necessary one. I spent last summer with my parents and, even though they don't believe in WD, it was very beneficial for me.  It is good that you can stay with someone and being taken care of.

I understand what you mean about saying that you have depression instead of WD. It is just easier, people dont understand and, at least in my environment, they are not willing to learn. It is hard and discouraging, because what you are going through it is so real and so tough that it almost looks like a joke that they dont believe you. This website is amazing because of that, we feel validated and we can find answer to our misery. 

Can you do something to distract yourself? Like playing with your phone, or listening to podcasts or meditations, praying, reading, crafts... I know is not the best of advice, but it is the way I have to go through the difficult days.  

I know you are living a very tough situation, but please remember that you could survive once. I know you can do it again. 

Please let me know if I can do something for you.

I send you a big hug. 

almuPa thank you so much. 
normally I am so energetic, optimistic and calm. But now I can not find proper words to thank you.

I remember you gave me courage in autumn after I had bad waves after vaccines. But now I look for that days. those days were not so bad. I was working, although I had symptoms I lead my normal life. 
but now it is really very bad. But as you have said once I made it, I will succeed again. I love my parents, friends, people around me…. They all give life energy. They do not know what is going on. But even I look at their face I can find meaning of life.

as I am at home. My mother is always with me. In the evening my father elder sister and niece they are all at home. 

I watch tv, cook, walk a little. Also embroidery calms me. I hope it will be better with time.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have changed my signature. I do not want to discourage anyone. but believe or not I am experiencing a second WD, which is induced by a surgery.

10 december 2021 was the date of surgery (dental implant surgery 😡😡😡, that awful decision, I do not forgive for myself that I had that surgery and ruined everything).

although the last time I took an AD was 2017, now I am in the midst of severe symptoms. everything is back to the very first days.

10th december was the date of surgery, it has been over 3 months. january was bad, february was more severe, march is awful now. 

I have severe anxiety, depression, insomnia, cortisol awakenings, DP/DR, emotional anhedonia, severe concentration difficulties, tinnitus, pins and needles like sensations, stomach issues, frequent urination, face edema, muscle contractions, vitamin supplement sensitivity, even food and drink sensitivity have come back. I am at home just trying to stay alive. my physcial condition is good, this time physcial symptoms are not so severe, but mentally ...........

from now on I will count the days after surgery. it has been over 3 months. my symptoms are very severe. I do not know when I will experinece the peak. you know there should be a peak. after that time things start to get better. 

in the first WD, approximately 5-6 months period was the peak time of my symtoms. but a very important detail, in that time I had a honeymoon period, when I felt better (first 2-3 months). at the 3. months period I remember my symptoms started to be severe. 

but now in the last days of 2021 my symptoms started (approximately 15-20 days after surgey). from that time on, every week is worse that the previous one. I wish these days are the worst days and april will be better. 

so everyone just be careful, you can ruin your life even years after quiting drugs. the time I had that surgery, I was in my 4. year off drugs. but now, believe or not, I am in the very first months of my second WD.  this is so unfair, I am so angry, so disappointed........

@wanttosurvive

So sorry to read about your descent back into WD Hell. It definitely isn't fair at all. 😭

Were any drugs used in your operation, or was it just the stress and foreign materials?

I'm also on a second experience of WD from unknowingly taking the same drug as in 2009 that I had an adverse reaction to.

We survived the first time and we'll survive the 2nd as well.

Hoping you see some relief soon!  Hang in there! 💪

2013 - Jan 4, 2021 - Sertraline 50mg 

Jan 2021 - Venlafaxine 75mg (1/4)

Feb 2021 Mar 2021 - Venlafaxine 75mg

April 2021 - Venlafaxine 75mg, Amitriptyline 2mg (4/20), Clonazepam 2mg

May 2021 - Venlafaxine 75mg (5/16 - 0mg), Amitriptyline (5/1 - 1mg, 5/16 - 0mg), Clonazepam 2mg

Aug 2021 - Sertraline 25mg (re 8/20), Clonazepam 2mg 

Sep 2021 - Sertraline 50mg (up 9/3), Clonazepam (9/29 - 1mg), Diazepam (9/29 - 2.5mg)

Oct 2021 - Sertraline 50mg, Clonazepam (10/14 - 0.9mg, 10/24 - 1mg), Diazepam (10/6 - 1.25mg, 10/14 - 0mg), Trazodone (10/03 - 50mg, 10/17 - 25mg, 10/21 - 12.5mg), Mirtazapine (10/17 - 15mg)

Nov 2021 : Current - Sertraline 50mg, Clonazepam (4/22 - 0.975mg, 5/22 - 0.9125mg, co 6/22 - 0.25mg, co 8/22 - 0.5mg, co 1/23 - 0.25mg),

Diazepam (co 6/22 - 12mg, 7/22 - 11mg, co 8/22 - 5mg, 9/22 - 4mg, 10/22 - 3mg, 11/22 - 2mg, 12/22 - 1mg, co 1/23 - 5mg, 2/23 - 4.5mg, 3/23 - 3.5mg, 4/23 - 3mg), Trazodone 12.5mg, Mirtazapine 15mg

Supplements: 1/2 Multivitamin, Fish Oil 2000mgProbioticMagnesium Chelate 280mg, Vit C 500mg. Melatonin 5mg/3mgXR

• Moderator Emeritus

Dear, dear @wanttosurviveThanks you for sharing with us your situation and the terrible suffering it is causing you.  I look forward to this passing for you.  I consider the ignorant way these drugs are being used, a crime against humanity.  It says so much about the generosity and kindness of your nature that you would want to warn others of possible future harm.  I am comforted to know that your family is with you.  I imagine the work of your needlepoint is lovely.  Please know you are in my heart.

Arbor💜

2 hours ago, Knosretep said:

@wanttosurvive

So sorry to read about your descent back into WD Hell. It definitely isn't fair at all. 😭

Were any drugs used in your operation, or was it just the stress and foreign materials?

I'm also on a second experience of WD from unknowingly taking the same drug as in 2009 that I had an adverse reaction to.

We survived the first time and we'll survive the 2nd as well.

Hoping you see some relief soon!  Hang in there! 💪

Thank you Knostetep,

I hope you will get well soon. 

the triger is not stress. Because all Wd symptoms have come back. I have symptoms which I had 4 years earlier…..I do not know which drugs they used but I think the drugs and those foreign materials and the implant itself all are culprits 

this is really unfair but there is nothing I can do. 

I am just praying and hoping it will get better.

1 hour ago, arbor said:

Dear, dear @wanttosurviveThanks you for sharing with us your situation and the terrible suffering it is causing you.  I look forward to this passing for you.  I consider the ignorant way these drugs are being used, a crime against humanity.  It says so much about the generosity and kindness of your nature that you would want to warn others of possible future harm.  I am comforted to know that your family is with you.  I imagine the work of your needlepoint is lovely.  Please know you are in my heart.

Arbor💜

Arbor thank you so much. 🙏🏻🙏🏻

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, 

4 months after surgery. Unfortunately, my symptoms are more severe. I am homebound. I push myself to go out for a little shopping (of course by car, walking outside is a dream for me now) but after I come home I become so tired that I must lay on the sofa for a while.    

so tired…….

head ache, joint pain, lost weight, indigestion, even nausea, lost appetite, dizziness, sinus problems, tooth ache, face and hand/ foot edema….

My sister says what happened to your face, you lost weight but your face is swollen. Even I talk with myself what happened my face my appearence is totally changed. 

of course lots of mental issues. Dr/DP is so severe. Do not want to talk about anxiety and depression, just try to forget. The only thing I am concentrated is to stay alive…. But this is really very difficult. I can honestly say that this second Wd is more severe than the first time. I do not know why but this is the reality. Although no drug after 2017. Maybe I am getting old and my body is strugging more than before. 

@wanttosurvive Sorry to read you're still struggling with this second bout of WD, and that its getting more severe.  I hope things begin improving for you soon!

2013 - Jan 4, 2021 - Sertraline 50mg 

Jan 2021 - Venlafaxine 75mg (1/4)

Feb 2021 Mar 2021 - Venlafaxine 75mg

April 2021 - Venlafaxine 75mg, Amitriptyline 2mg (4/20), Clonazepam 2mg

May 2021 - Venlafaxine 75mg (5/16 - 0mg), Amitriptyline (5/1 - 1mg, 5/16 - 0mg), Clonazepam 2mg

Aug 2021 - Sertraline 25mg (re 8/20), Clonazepam 2mg 

Sep 2021 - Sertraline 50mg (up 9/3), Clonazepam (9/29 - 1mg), Diazepam (9/29 - 2.5mg)

Oct 2021 - Sertraline 50mg, Clonazepam (10/14 - 0.9mg, 10/24 - 1mg), Diazepam (10/6 - 1.25mg, 10/14 - 0mg), Trazodone (10/03 - 50mg, 10/17 - 25mg, 10/21 - 12.5mg), Mirtazapine (10/17 - 15mg)

Nov 2021 : Current - Sertraline 50mg, Clonazepam (4/22 - 0.975mg, 5/22 - 0.9125mg, co 6/22 - 0.25mg, co 8/22 - 0.5mg, co 1/23 - 0.25mg),

Diazepam (co 6/22 - 12mg, 7/22 - 11mg, co 8/22 - 5mg, 9/22 - 4mg, 10/22 - 3mg, 11/22 - 2mg, 12/22 - 1mg, co 1/23 - 5mg, 2/23 - 4.5mg, 3/23 - 3.5mg, 4/23 - 3mg), Trazodone 12.5mg, Mirtazapine 15mg

Supplements: 1/2 Multivitamin, Fish Oil 2000mgProbioticMagnesium Chelate 280mg, Vit C 500mg. Melatonin 5mg/3mgXR

40 minutes ago, Knosretep said:

@wanttosurvive Sorry to read you're still struggling with this second bout of WD, and that its getting more severe.  I hope things begin improving for you soon!

Thank you for your good wishes 🙏🏻

Hello @wanttosurvive,

I am so sorry to read that you are still suffering. It is really unfair. Unfortunately, after reading this website for hours, I've learnt that it is not uncommon. 

Please know that I am here, thinking of you and sending a lot of strength to your part of the world. As you said earlier in this thread, WD takes faith and patience. You healed once, so your body knows how to do it.

I send you a hug.