meganflewaway: Abilify injections have kidnapped my creativity

meganflewaway

HI everybody,

I  am on a monthly injection of Abilify and have so far had 4 shots.. I am on an ITO that I managed to get on whilst I was in a drug rehabilitation. They diagnosed me with 'drug induced psychosis' after being in the rehab for several weeks. This was because I was spending my money on buying filtered water on our grocery shopping trips as there is fluoride in the tap water and I have my own opinion on certain "conspiracies" about fluoride, chem-trails, New World Order, shadow government etc... 

I did talk alot about these topics to the friends I had made in the and next minute I was sent to the Young Adult Acute Ward. I spent 5 weeks there as they assessed me. As soon as I arrived there they put me on Xyprexa which I refused to take. Each time they attempted to give me medication I refused. I spoke to the 'Independent patient Rights' guy and he said because I was there involuntary there was not much I can do. 

So that is how I was put on this ITO. It took 5 nurses to hold me down for my first injection. Now I just suck it up because I know there is nothing I can do even though I can feel the poison inside of me and know what it does to me.

It has robbed the best part about me. My creativity. My spirituality. My quirkiness. It has taken away who I am. I can feel it. 

I used to love writing poetry and struggled to put the pen down... Now I sit there with a pen in my hand and a blank mind.

I can't get out of bed until 5 in the afternoon now unless I really force myself which makes me feel faint. I have put on weight (I have an eating disorder so this does really effect me mentally)

I feel zombified!

Is there anything I can do about this?!

• ChessieCat changed the title to meganflewaway: Abilify injections have kidnapped my creativity
  • Administrator

Welcome, Megan.

I'm going to ask our Aussie moderators to take a look at your topic, as I'm not familiar with ITO.

The Abilify injections will very gradually wear off, if you don't get re-injected.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Megan, I am not from Australia but did a little bit of research.  You can appeal against the order,  if you feel it is unjustified. I understand your concerns with the drinking water, many people share those concerns but it is when they become exaggerated that doctors become concerned.  If you have had 4 shots that means you have been there for 3 months?  If they can see that you are stable and cognitive they might not renew the order, in the UK it is 6 months.  You need to show that you are responsible and recovered. They may reduce the dosage  until you leave if you explain the side effects and they can see that you are improving.  

I have been an involuntary inpatient and hate the way they can force treatment for beliefs! 

Let us know how you are getting on. 

Here is the statement about appeals. 

Right to ask for a review (appeal)

You may ask the South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (SACAT) to review your order. Other people may also request a review on your behalf, including a support person or advocate. If you wish to apply for a review, please talk to your treating team or contact SACAT. During the review process, you may represent yourself, or you can hire a lawyer, or you can have a lawyer appointed to you and paid for by the Legal Representation Scheme run by the Legal Services Commission.

And the contact details.

Reviews (appeals)

South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (SACAT)

Can review an order on request.

Tel: 1800 723 767 

www.sacat.sa.gov.au

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• 3 years later...

Hi I realise it's years after since your post but did you recover from the Abilify injections? How many months after the last injection did it take to recover? Thankyou.