Nikki74: Lexapro mirtazapine diazepam akathisia

Nikki74

• Administrator
On 1/8/2018 at 4:34 AM, Nikki74 said:

The answer is yes, I do feel I’m getting more stable but it’s literally only been since the second half of December that I’ve been noticing almost leaps in my improvement, kind of sandwiched between some pretty awful days where it’s as severe as ever but like I say, overall I’m seeing those leaps.

This is good, Nikki. Stabilizing can be very frustrating, two steps forward and one back and so forth. Perhaps you can put up with being benzo'd for a bit, let your nervous system calm down more, and taper very gradually later, maybe in a month or two.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

On 10/01/2018 at 11:20 PM, Altostrata said:

This is good, Nikki. Stabilizing can be very frustrating, two steps forward and one back and so forth. Perhaps you can put up with being benzo'd for a bit, let your nervous system calm down more, and taper very gradually later, maybe in a month or two.

Thank you for commenting Alto.

Unfortunately have hit a really bad spot again with akathisia right up. At these times I don’t have the drugged benzo feeling just constantly revved and don’t feel the diazepam.

I get so very concerned and confused about all this. Well it feels unbearable. I don’t know if the lexapro or any of the other drugs are causing the akathisia to remain as it’s the one symptoms that has never left. I realise I have had it before but thought it was extreme anxiety. I know I experienced now when I was on the lexapro with pregabalin. I know that I’ve rubbed my feet together and squeezed my hands for years (my physical manifestations of the akathisia now when it’s revved up) but without the distressing feeling I have now to accompany those things.

Do I taper the lexapro first? Do I taper some of that then some of the diazepam?

I feel truly trapped by the akathisia as it’s such a volatile symptom both caused by wd and as a side effect.

I am truly scared by it and cannot function much with it like this. 

2009-2011 mirtazapine 45mg plus clonaz as needed. Start Lexapro Nov 2011. 

June 2016 Zopiclone, July-Sept Trazodone 50mg, adverse reaction, ct, started pregabalin, reduced Lexapro from 20 to 15mg

Start of 2017 on 15mg lexapro, 100mg pregablin. April added 15mg mirtazapine. End May.  Start June stop pregablin after two week taper.  End June.  Stopped Lexapro 15mg 3 wk taper. Start July Mirt 30mg + Diaz daily 2-4mg End July  returned to mirtaz 15mg + lexapro at 10mg reinstated. 4th Aug - 19 Sept Zopiclone (3.75 then 7.5 then 3.75 at the end)

diazepam 7-8mg day since then. 16 Sept cut lex to 5mg. 5-6 Oct swapped 5mg lex to 8.15am and 15mg mirtazipine to 11pm

8 Oct onwards sticking to 6mg diazepam p/day 3 doses/ 2 Feb start 1mg clonazepam, stop Diaz. 21 Feb 2% cut lex. 8 March 12.5% clon cut. Now take .5 clon 9am, .375 5pm(0.875 mg daily clonazepam) 16 May  @8% clon reduction so 9am dose .43(0.805 mg daily clonazepam)

2 July 10% Lexapro reduction to 4.5mg. 9 Aug .25mg lex cut  to 4.25mg/ 13 Aug 4.5mg

2018 October Lexapro 4.5 to 4.25 mg  clonazepam 0.80 mg  mirtazapine 15 mg

2019 October present drugs:  Lexapro 2.75 mg(tapers of 0.25 increments in last year at 5 -9 week intervals),  clonazepam 0.78 mg(taper of .02 mg November 2018),  mirtazapine 15 mg

2020 January 5th Lexapro taper to 2.57 mg(2%drop), total clonazepam 0.78 mg, mirtazapine 15 mg

previous signature here  recent dosing and symptom logs here

45 minutes ago, Nikki74 said:

Do I taper the lexapro first? Do I taper some of that then some of the diazepam?

I feel truly trapped by the akathisia as it’s such a volatile symptom both caused by wd and as a side effect.

These are exactly my two dilemmas.

I think the consensus here is taper the SSRI first as it is activating. But as you say wd from the SSRI could also induce (well, increase in our case) the activation of akathisia. But withdrawal of diazepam I think will be more likely to make things worse.

My history is that I have never got akathisia from withdrawal of SSRIs, only from starting them (I have withdrawn quickly from SSRIs multiple times without any side effects) but I know everything can change with continued use. So my plan is hold the diazepam and cut the SSRI at 10% a month.

We shall see what happens. 

Current daily meds. Citalopram 2.5mg morning. Diazapam 1.5mg evening, Propanalol 40mg split 4x10mg throughout day.

Recent meds. Fluoxetine 20mg began 24th Nov 2017, CT on 4th December on medical advice due to bad Akathisia. Citalopram 10mg began on 13th Dec 2017, tapered to 2.5mg by 20th Dec 2017 on medical advice. Diazapam 2mg began on 6th Dec 2017 cut to 1.5 mg on 26th Dec. Propanalol 40mg began on 13th Dec. Zopiclone 3.75 mg began 13th December, used maybe 5 times then quit.

Previous history. Tricyclics, Fluoxetine or Citalopram for periods of 6mo to 2yrs over last 25 years. Probably 5 yrs in total. No significant ill effects.

3 hours ago, kesh said:

These are exactly my two dilemmas.

I think the consensus here is taper the SSRI first as it is activating. But as you say wd from the SSRI could also induce (well, increase in our case) the activation of akathisia. But withdrawal of diazepam I think will be more likely to make things worse.

My history is that I have never got akathisia from withdrawal of SSRIs, only from starting them (I have withdrawn quickly from SSRIs multiple times without any side effects) but I know everything can change with continued use. So my plan is hold the diazepam and cut the SSRI at 10% a month.

We shall see what happens. 

Thanks for commenting Kesh. It’s good you have a plan.

Unfortunately the akathisia hit me as soon as I’d ct’d the lexapro so I know mine is from too rapidly stopping (I tapered for three weeks which I now know was a ct) and continues despite reinstatement. But had a whole load of other drastic changes happen too to meds. I also know I’ve had aka before now I know what it is but why I don’t know. One drug? Too many? Dose changes? A generally damaged system? 

Does my nut in.

June 2016 Zopiclone, July-Sept Trazodone 50mg, adverse reaction, ct, started pregabalin, reduced Lexapro from 20 to 15mg

Start of 2017 on 15mg lexapro, 100mg pregablin. April added 15mg mirtazapine. End May.  Start June stop pregablin after two week taper.  End June.  Stopped Lexapro 15mg 3 wk taper. Start July Mirt 30mg + Diaz daily 2-4mg End July  returned to mirtaz 15mg + lexapro at 10mg reinstated. 4th Aug - 19 Sept Zopiclone (3.75 then 7.5 then 3.75 at the end)

diazepam 7-8mg day since then. 16 Sept cut lex to 5mg. 5-6 Oct swapped 5mg lex to 8.15am and 15mg mirtazipine to 11pm

8 Oct onwards sticking to 6mg diazepam p/day 3 doses/ 2 Feb start 1mg clonazepam, stop Diaz. 21 Feb 2% cut lex. 8 March 12.5% clon cut. Now take .5 clon 9am, .375 5pm(0.875 mg daily clonazepam) 16 May  @8% clon reduction so 9am dose .43(0.805 mg daily clonazepam)

2 July 10% Lexapro reduction to 4.5mg. 9 Aug .25mg lex cut  to 4.25mg/ 13 Aug 4.5mg

2019 October present drugs:  Lexapro 2.75 mg(tapers of 0.25 increments in last year at 5 -9 week intervals),  clonazepam 0.78 mg(taper of .02 mg November 2018),  mirtazapine 15 mg

2020 January 5th Lexapro taper to 2.57 mg(2%drop), total clonazepam 0.78 mg, mirtazapine 15 mg

Nikki....

just remember my lovely friend when all those feelings lessoned for you ❣️I promise you they will again & again...I remembered a quote from baylisa...accept the symptoms because each & every one is your healing take place..& to fight it wouldn’t make sense,as your just fighting your your own CNS..The healing is in the aching ❣️.

Every second of every day you are healing.Even when you wash your pots,are laid in bed,drawing for 5 minutes your still healing...it’s so so hard to see when your in the thick of the storm.But one day this will pass....While the storm is raging,we have to learn to calm our selfs & let it rage...for every dark night there’s always a new day break....

your doing amazing & your a  very strong lady ♥️♥️♥️♥️!

This whole site is full of the bravest & kindered spirits on the planet...

””when your going through hell””

KEEP GOING

xxxxx

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Nikki74 said:

Thank you for commenting Alto.

Unfortunately have hit a really bad spot again with akathisia right up. At these times I don’t have the drugged benzo feeling just constantly revved and don’t feel the diazepam.

I get so very concerned and confused about all this. Well it feels unbearable. I don’t know if the lexapro or any of the other drugs are causing the akathisia to remain as it’s the one symptoms that has never left. I realise I have had it before but thought it was extreme anxiety. I know I experienced now when I was on the lexapro with pregabalin. I know that I’ve rubbed my feet together and squeezed my hands for years (my physical manifestations of the akathisia now when it’s revved up) but without the distressing feeling I have now to accompany those things.

I am truly scared by it and cannot function much with it like this. 

Nikki, I think we've been through this before. We need to know exactly what your symptom pattern is relative to when you take your drugs. What time of day did this akathisia feeling start? What exactly is the feeling?

How is your sleep?

Have you tried weighted blankets Weighted blankets & Bed Tents for restlessness, akathisia, insomnia and anxiety

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

18 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Nikki, I think we've been through this before. We need to know exactly what your symptom pattern is relative to when you take your drugs. What time of day did this akathisia feeling start? What exactly is the feeling?

How is your sleep?

Have you tried weighted blankets Weighted blankets & Bed Tents for restlessness, akathisia, insomnia and anxiety

Yes I bought a weighted blanket when I first joined and read about them. Invested £180 and it’s a good purchase.

Ok. I’m never without akathisia is some form. I always have the urge to move but can sit just not for long without shifting around or going to do something then back to sitting etc. I can never just focus on one thing. Head needs something else. 

But when it’s worse as it has been since I woke Tuesday morning it’s like this:

I sleep midnight-6 or 7am but wake one or two times. 

7.45am lexapro 5mg feel drowsy, back to bed, head has claustrophobic feeling like I want to escape, looping thoughts begin, have to move legs and rub them together repeatedly due to feeling of internal discomfort and need to move. Pent up feeling I’m chest and head. Toss and turn. But also dozy.

9am take 2mg diazepam, might doze a little but head continually looping. 

10am pent up feeling, buzzy bugs under skin all over, head looping so get up.

Feeling like I’m screaming in my head as it won’t stop looping, panic but not panic attack just panicky in my chest and feeling like I want to run away. Claustrophobic in my head.

Tears and despairing feeling. 

This continues all morning but abates a bit late morning.

1pm 2mg diazepam

Do a little sewing but hard to feel comfortable. Incredibly tense and pent up with agitation.

All afternoon, massively restless and agitated. All as before, need to rub legs together. Restless mental aka. Can’t focus, go from tv to phone to cigarette to food to tv and round and round.

5pm 2mg diazepam 

Everything continues like during the morning and can intensify in the evening.

Depression comes along often mid/late evening. 

11pm bed, tears, take Mirtazipine, instantly hungry, eat, eventually sleep. 

Nikki: How are you doing ? I'm sorry we really need to know your symptom pattern ~`

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

1 hour ago, AliG said:

Nikki: How are you doing ? I'm sorry we really need to know your symptom pattern ~`

Hi Ali, ok, is the above not done right? 

I’m getting by. Fed up of this constant tension and agitation and no peace. But I’m trying to focus best I can on nature documentaries which I find easy to tolerate!

Got a bit of paranoia going on this evening too. Get it sometimes, did you ever get that? 

Let me know what I need to change about symptoms I’ve written about above.

Good to see you and hope you’re doing ok? X

Edited by Nikki74

• Administrator

You have a spurt of akathisia after taking 5mg Lexapro?

If so, I would reduce the Lexapro to 4.5mg. Please tell us how that affects you.

Sorry Nikki. On re -reading, I see that you have tried to include everything ~ I guess, I was hoping for a little more detail but what you have provided is actually enough and with Alto's questions, and your answers, gives us even more information.

3 hours ago, Nikki74 said:

Got a bit of paranoia going on this evening too. Get it sometimes, did you ever get that?

I often got neuro- emotional at night which was then exacerbated by not sleeping ~ it was extremely challenging. It's all gone, now, though.

If you reduce the Lexapro, which I would do : let's know how you go.  :)

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

3 hours ago, Altostrata said:

You have a spurt of akathisia after taking 5mg Lexapro?

If so, I would reduce the Lexapro to 4.5mg. Please tell us how that affects you.

Thank you for responding again Alto.

When my akathisia isn’t so intense, I go to sleep after taking the lexapro, then set my alarm and take the diazepam and go to sleep again until 11am. So it’s extremely hard to tell what’s going on. The lexapro does make me dozy at the moment but I’ve got the symptoms I described above that you responded about.

I’m sorry if this is confusing but it is! 

I don’t know if this is a wave of wds still or side effects.

I’m either revved up or less so and having the drunken drugged stuff. Seems to interchange days or weeks at a time.

I appreciate your time and input. 

I’ve got some scales so I guess if I want to try the cut I just file off 10% of the weight? 

Thanks again, Nikki 

• Administrator

Nikki, only you can decide if your akathisia or anxiety increases after the Lexapro. We've urged you many times to keep notes on paper so you can see if there's a pattern.

If you believe the Lexapro is causing uncomfortable symptoms, yes, you would reduce 10% by weight, using your scale.

9 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Sorry I replied then decided I’d hold off until I’ve monitored the lexapro even more closely. I couldn’t delete the quote box. 

Edited by Nikki74

Nikki, if you do decide to cut the lex soon I hope it goes well!  Maybe it will give you a better idea of what's going on too. 

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

12 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Nikki, only you can decide if your akathisia or anxiety increases after the Lexapro. We've urged you many times to keep notes on paper so you can see if there's a pattern.

If you believe the Lexapro is causing uncomfortable symptoms, yes, you would reduce 10% by weight, using your scale.

Thanks Alto for your input. 

The thing is, I do keep a journal of my symptoms and drew up my own symptoms list that I record on too. Things are so variable, just as I’ve explained. I appreciate the years of experience you’ve got dealing with polydrugged folks like me, trying to figure things out. 

Will come up with a plan. 

• Administrator

How frequently do anxiety or other symptoms in the hours after taking Lexapro compared to the hours prior to taking Lexapro? Your journal should be able to answer that question.

It might help if you put this on graph paper, with black boxes for the times of bad symptoms.

On 14/01/2018 at 11:39 PM, Altostrata said:

How frequently do anxiety or other symptoms in the hours after taking Lexapro compared to the hours prior to taking Lexapro? Your journal should be able to answer that question.

It might help if you put this on graph paper, with black boxes for the times of bad symptoms.

Ok so I realise I’ve been in a wave for a week that has intensified the past two days to severe levels of panic and agitation and mental symptoms.

To answer your question Alto:

In the hours preceding taking lexapro I generally sleep midnight to 7am.

Wake up with panic.

7.45 lexapro

Agitated but drowsy and want to go back to bed.

Drowsy and doze 8.30-9 when I come round I’m shaking (sort of shuddering feeling) and panicky

Take 9am diazepam 2mg

Head is looping, intrusive memories, paranoia, dr, agitation, trying to rest. Panic attack.

The above continues waxing and waning with a peak in akathisia under skin around 11-1pm

1pm diazepam. Drowsy by 2pm and some stillness and rest. 

3pm shaky and panic again, akathisia under skin, continues until 5pm, take diazepam.

5.30-7.15 window of more calm, normal thinking.

7.15 panicky feelings increase again and peaks at bedtime with depression too but mornings are generally the worst times.

11pm take Mirtazipine and eventually sleep 12/12.30.

Would like to add 8.30pm nausea and increasing sense I might vomit  but don’t. 

• Administrator

It sounds to me like that dosage of Lexapro is too high. If I were you, I would reduce it to 4.5mg and see how what it does. Be sure to keep careful notes of the hours after you take Lexapro.

On 16/01/2018 at 11:59 PM, Altostrata said:

It sounds to me like that dosage of Lexapro is too high. If I were you, I would reduce it to 4.5mg and see how what it does. Be sure to keep careful notes of the hours after you take Lexapro.

Thank you Alto.

I’ve been getting feelings of rage building in me in this wave. I think it’s part of the akathisia. 

I will update when I make a cut.

On 16/01/2018 at 11:59 PM, Altostrata said:

Also, Alto, would you conclude based my severe symptoms, that the Lexapro reinstatement didn’t work for me? That stability will remain elusive no matter how long I hold? 

Hi Nikki

sorry you are suffering so. 

My experience is I reinstated at too high of a dose. I had aka nonstop for 2 months. Once I tapered, the aka got so much better. Still suffer it periodically, but nothing like initially. Those days were hell I didn’t think I’d get through. 

So much better now. Hold on. You’ll get there.   xx Lg

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

33 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

Hi Nikki

sorry you are suffering so. 

My experience is I reinstated at too high of a dose. I had aka nonstop for 2 months. Once I tapered, the aka got so much better. Still suffer it periodically, but nothing like initially. Those days were hell I didn’t think I’d get through. 

So much better now. Hold on. You’ll get there.   xx Lg

Thank you for stopping by dear Lg. Been so out of touch with you and Frogie.

Thing is mine hit when I’d ct’d my full dose. So it came with that rather than when I reinstated. But I’m pretty sure I experienced aka on the drug though I was on others too.

It’s never left since June. Despite reinstating. 

Guess I can only try a cut and see...xxx

🤞🏻Hoping for the best, Nikki. 

After a cut from 5 to 4.8 of lex 3 weeks ago, I feel much better now. That is after the 2 weeks of symptoms. I now have gone down to 4.6. Waiting for side effects to hit, but right now I feel overall better than I have in almost 8 mo. 

I think lex is toxic to me, maybe you, and at least one other person I talk to on this forum. Hopefully the cut will give you some relief. 

Hugs

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

3 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

🤞🏻Hoping for the best, Nikki. 

After a cut from 5 to 4.8 of lex 3 weeks ago, I feel much better now. That is after the 2 weeks of symptoms. I now have gone down to 4.6. Waiting for side effects to hit, but right now I feel overall better than I have in almost 8 mo. 

I think lex is toxic to me, maybe you, and at least one other person I talk to on this forum. Hopefully the cut will give you some relief. 

Hugs

That’s great news Lg!

I think after 5 years on it in 2016 it turned on me. Polydrugging started when I started to get bizarre symptom like muscle twitching and that was the only drug I was on at the time. 

Hoping your latest cut goes well for you xxx

2 hours ago, Nikki74 said:

Also, Alto, would you conclude based my severe symptoms, that the Lexapro reinstatement didn’t work for me? That stability will remain elusive no matter how long I hold? 

I'm not Alto ~  but I don't believe that's true, Nikki. Holding has helped and even if you are not where you want to be ~ you are more stable and that will help as a base to go on from here. 

1 hour ago, AliG said:

I'm not Alto ~  but I don't believe that's true, Nikki. Holding has helped and even if you are not where you want to be ~ you are more stable and that will help as a base to go on from here. 

Thanks Ali.

This wave has been pretty scary. More intense ocd, paranoia, panic than I’ve had all together before, and this awful rage that I feel in my chest and through my body, building up. Like I’m going to lose it! Then it ebbs away after an hour or two. And then back again! It has freaked me out. I don’t like feeling I could flip out! 

I cant tell you how many times I’ve repeated ‘it’s withdrawal, it’s witjdrawal’ And ‘this too shall pass’ and ‘you are safe’ this past week or so!

Have you ever had anything like this Ali? The rage feeling? 

3 minutes ago, Nikki74 said:

This wave has been pretty scary. More intense ocd, paranoia, panic than I’ve had all together before, and this awful rage that I feel in my chest and through my body, building up. Like I’m going to lose it! Then it ebbs away after an hour or two. And then back again! It has freaked me out. I don’t like feeling I could flip out! 

I cant tell you how many times I’ve repeated ‘it’s withdrawal, it’s witjdrawal’ And ‘this too shall pass’ and ‘you are safe’ this past week or so!

Sorry you are still feeling unwell Nikki,

It is withdrawal but from what? I feel the only thing you can do is eliminate one drug at a time. I'm in the same position as you know and I've 3 choices for my next taper and it's immpossible to second guess which med is causing your problem.

Having been on and come off of Pregabalin you could be having the residual effects from that combined with your other c/t's and drug changes. Pregabalin has a nasty reputation for w/d's and I know of people who have taken a year to recover from a c/t and describe symptoms similar to the ones you have. I c/t'd Lexapro 5mg and didn't notice it. Same with prozac but we are all different.

Stability cannot be guaranteed as I've found out. If I were you I'd start slowly reducing one of your drugs and stick with it until it's done. That's the way I'm doing it and using the harm reduction principle to choose which next to taper from. In my case that was Seroquel first then it will be Diazepam. Just please do not look for the answer in additional medications.

Steve

xx

Dosulepin 75mg 1996 - 1997 tapered off no problem - Prozac sporadic use between 1995 and 2011 usually 9 months then off.

Mirtazapine 2015 tapered off after 4 months no problem -Prozac 20mg 2012-2015 tapered off no problems

Prozac 20mg April 2016-May 2016 stopped ct after 4 weeks due to adverse reaction I believe to be serotnin toxicity due to mirtazapine interaction

Escitlopram 10 mg May 2016 - cut to 5mg May 2016  stopped ct November 2016 no W/d's noted

Lyrica 300mg May 2016 - July 2017 - Taper from Jan to Jul 17 awful taper.

Lofepramine 150mg  November 2016 - January 2017 Swift w/d as it didn't work

Quetiapine 75mg November 2016 changed to 150 XL May2017 changed to 150mg IR July 2017 reduced to in 25mg steps from July to 50mg Oct 17. 37.5mg 12th Nov 17 - 35mg 20 Nov 17 - 30mg 22 Nov 17 - 25mg 24 Nov 17 dropped to 20mg Dec 17, 15mg Jan 18. Current taken at bedtime.

Quetiapine dropped Jan 17th 2018.

Dosulepin 75mg May 2017 - increased in 25mg steps to 175mg Oct 17 Reduced to 150mg Nov 17 current taken at bedtime

Diazepam 15mg May 2016 - c/t'd by shrink after 6 weeks. Reinstated at 12mg after 4 weeks June 16 - current 4mg 3 times a day morning, 2.30pm and bedtime.

Mirtazapine 15mg since March 2015 - current - pooped out within 4 weeks

Of course! I've had it all. LOl. I've had  lots of rage ~ it's just another part of this. It's yet another symptom ~ I know there are so very many , and it's just not fair that we have to go through all this but I'm almost through it Nikki - it does get better.

I used to walk and still do. I know you can't do that but any physical activity can help. Can you "punch a pillow" ? ;)  Sounds weird doesn't it ? Try it .

20 minutes ago, Nikki74 said:

This is good ~ that's what I did. You are safe and this is withdrawal.  :)

Thank you both Ali and Steve!

Been hit with flu symptoms (another regular visitor in my wd symptom repertoire) and will respond properly tomorrow xxx

It seems that we have the same problem...wich drug taper first...

Morning

Escitalopram 10 mg from 2005 to present

Dec 10.17 reduced to 9 mg; reinstated 10 mg; Jan 2.18 9 mg; Fev 12.18 8 mg; Jan 30.20 5 mg; Feb 6.20 reinstated 6 mg

Ethyl Loflazepate 2 mg from 2005 to present

Night

Mirtazapine 15 mg from 2015 to present (November reinforcement 30mg) Dec 8.17 15 mg

Levomepromazine 25 mg started November 2017

8/12/2017 12.5 mg; 13/12/17 6.25 mg; 20/12/2017 3.125 mg; 23/12/2017 last 3.125 mg

Clonazepam 2 mg started Nov. 2017 (occasionally) ; last week 2 mg; Dec 19.17 1 mg; Dec 21.17 1.5 mg ; Dec 22.17 2 mg; Jan 2.2018 1.9 mg; Jan 7.2018 3mg; Jan 8.18 2mg; Jan 16.18 1.8 mg; Jan 17.18 1.5 mg ; Jan 18.18 1.7 mg; Jan 19.18 1.6 mg; Fev 12.18 1.5 mg; Jan 30.20 0.5 mg

Xanax XR 1 mg in subtitution of Ethyl Loflazepate 2mg (occasionally)

• Administrator
14 hours ago, Nikki74 said:

No, my conclusion is that you might be taking too much Lexapro.

However, I must be frank, Nikki -- it's been difficult getting a clear report of symptom pattern from you. I always need to know when symptoms come on, if they're better or worse at any particular time of day, when you took your drugs, and their dosages. Always. No exceptions.

Given your symptom pattern is reported in such a confusing way, I hope my guess is correct and you feel a bit better when taking less Lexapro.

If you are not keeping daily notes on paper, you are doing a disservice to both of us.

14 hours ago, Altostrata said:

No, my conclusion is that you might be taking too much Lexapro.

Given Nikki's drug history what leads you to this conclusion Alto?

She's been on higher doseages of lex in the past but sound like they pooped out on her. There's also benzo and Z drugs instability at play here, a C/T off of lyrica and quite rapid increases and decreases in Mirtazapine all within a very short space of time. Any one of these could be the problem or part of it could they not?

Staz

Dosulepin 75mg 1996 - 1997 tapered off no problem - Prozac sporadic use between 1995 and 2011 usually 9 months then off.

Mirtazapine 2015 tapered off after 4 months no problem -Prozac 20mg 2012-2015 tapered off no problems

Prozac 20mg April 2016-May 2016 stopped ct after 4 weeks due to adverse reaction I believe to be serotnin toxicity due to mirtazapine interaction

Escitlopram 10 mg May 2016 - cut to 5mg May 2016  stopped ct November 2016 no W/d's noted

Lyrica 300mg May 2016 - July 2017 - Taper from Jan to Jul 17 awful taper.

Lofepramine 150mg  November 2016 - January 2017 Swift w/d as it didn't work

Quetiapine 75mg November 2016 changed to 150 XL May2017 changed to 150mg IR July 2017 reduced to in 25mg steps from July to 50mg Oct 17. 37.5mg 12th Nov 17 - 35mg 20 Nov 17 - 30mg 22 Nov 17 - 25mg 24 Nov 17 dropped to 20mg Dec 17, 15mg Jan 18. Current taken at bedtime.

Quetiapine dropped Jan 17th 2018.

Dosulepin 75mg May 2017 - increased in 25mg steps to 175mg Oct 17 Reduced to 150mg Nov 17 current taken at bedtime

Diazepam 15mg May 2016 - c/t'd by shrink after 6 weeks. Reinstated at 12mg after 4 weeks June 16 - current 4mg 3 times a day morning, 2.30pm and bedtime.

Mirtazapine 15mg since March 2015 - current - pooped out within 4 weeks

• Administrator

Because

On 1/16/2018 at 11:22 AM, Nikki74 said:

Wake up with panic.

7.45 lexapro

Agitated but drowsy and want to go back to bed.

Drowsy and doze 8.30-9 when I come round I’m shaking (sort of shuddering feeling) and panicky

This appears to be an adverse reaction to Lexapro, Nikki hadn't taken anything else yet.

However, as I said up above, I would appreciate Nikki reporting her symptom pattern more clearly, as I can only guess Lexapro is too high. I suggested a test reduction of 0.5mg to see what happens.

The usefulness of this test of this test will depend on Nikki accurately reporting her symptom pattern, when she takes her drugs, and their dosages after making this reduction.

Nik, I hope your day went okay today. xxx

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.