What we need to see for every individual day over several days is:

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in morning
- Time and description of any symptoms in the morning

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in afternoon
- Time and description of any symptoms in the afternoon

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in evening
- Time and description of any symptoms in the evening

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in middle of the night
- Time and description of any symptoms in the middle of the night (such as waking)

You've done this before Nikki.  Then we can decide if moving your escitalopram might help.

I've given you a lot to digest........I know........take your time.  Hopefully it will all be empowering for you.

Love, peace, and all that........

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Administrator

Exactly so, manymoretodays.

On 5/8/2018 at 11:57 AM, manymoretodays said:
  • Klonipin(clonezepam) split doses .5 mg. 9am and .375 mg. 5pm  You've worked hard with Shep on this already and are feeling ready to go with the Lexapro now.  Now meaning after we get some practice in.  Just the Lexapro.
  • Lexapro(escitalopram) 5 mg.  You have shaved a teeny bit off recently while working with your old scale.  When do you take it?
  • Remeron(mirtazepine) 15 mg.  11pm

Nikki, I believe you said you take Lexapro at 8:15 a.m.? Please be specific about times and dosages in your daily symptom notes.

The way we can figure out whether Lexapro is causing the akathisia-type symptoms is if you have a pattern of symptoms after taking the Lexapro in the morning.

However, a reaction to benzos might also cause similar symptoms. It could even be an interaction of Lexapro with mirtazapine, see https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/lexapro-with-mirtazapine-1013-565-1640-0.html

I know we've talked about this before -- you have made so many drug changes and your dosing has been so inconsistent, we can't figure out what's going on.

Sure, you can gradually reduce Lexapro to see if that helps BUT YOU NEED TO KEEP CONSISTENT WITH ALL THE OTHER DRUGS AT THE SAME TIME. Otherwise, we'll be so confused by your symptoms, we won't be able to answer your questions.

You absolutely must do this. Please don't change any other drug while you're tapering Lexapro. You can taper the clonazepam later.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

7am wake up drowsy but feel akathisia (I have it 24/7, take it as a given that it is with me all the time, it has never gone in almost a year but it has lowered especially a few days in December and January)

7.30 get up, aka more evident, cig, low humming in right ear (recent new symptom)

8.15 4.9mg lex made me drowsy

9 cig followed by clon .5

9.30-10.30 toxic nap

10.30 panic, dr, terror, akathisia rising 

All day, internal akathisia, intense restlessness, waves of depression, head squeezing in waves, coincides with terror and depression 

3.30pm right ear, humming turns to strange creaking sound, passes by 4pm

Shaking with akathisia

5pm clon .375

5.15 tears and depression 

6.15 akathisia much lower to restless level, ie can’t settle but dont have distress, intense agitation, aka under the skin; feel half normal 

8pm depression and tears

restlessness continues all evening

11pm Mirtazipine 15mg, sedating and relieves akathisia 

2009-2011 mirtazapine 45mg plus clonaz as needed. Start Lexapro Nov 2011. 

June 2016 Zopiclone, July-Sept Trazodone 50mg, adverse reaction, ct, started pregabalin, reduced Lexapro from 20 to 15mg

Start of 2017 on 15mg lexapro, 100mg pregablin. April added 15mg mirtazapine. End May.  Start June stop pregablin after two week taper.  End June.  Stopped Lexapro 15mg 3 wk taper. Start July Mirt 30mg + Diaz daily 2-4mg End July  returned to mirtaz 15mg + lexapro at 10mg reinstated. 4th Aug - 19 Sept Zopiclone (3.75 then 7.5 then 3.75 at the end)

diazepam 7-8mg day since then. 16 Sept cut lex to 5mg. 5-6 Oct swapped 5mg lex to 8.15am and 15mg mirtazipine to 11pm

8 Oct onwards sticking to 6mg diazepam p/day 3 doses/ 2 Feb start 1mg clonazepam, stop Diaz. 21 Feb 2% cut lex. 8 March 12.5% clon cut. Now take .5 clon 9am, .375 5pm(0.875 mg daily clonazepam) 16 May  @8% clon reduction so 9am dose .43(0.805 mg daily clonazepam)

2 July 10% Lexapro reduction to 4.5mg. 9 Aug .25mg lex cut  to 4.25mg/ 13 Aug 4.5mg

2018 October Lexapro 4.5 to 4.25 mg  clonazepam 0.80 mg  mirtazapine 15 mg

2019 October present drugs:  Lexapro 2.75 mg(tapers of 0.25 increments in last year at 5 -9 week intervals),  clonazepam 0.78 mg(taper of .02 mg November 2018),  mirtazapine 15 mg

2020 January 5th Lexapro taper to 2.57 mg(2%drop), total clonazepam 0.78 mg, mirtazapine 15 mg

previous signature here  recent dosing and symptom logs here

• Administrator

Was that your first reduction of Lexapro?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

9 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Was that your first reduction of Lexapro?

No I made that in February. I’m sure I put it on my signature.

June 2016 Zopiclone, July-Sept Trazodone 50mg, adverse reaction, ct, started pregabalin, reduced Lexapro from 20 to 15mg

Start of 2017 on 15mg lexapro, 100mg pregablin. April added 15mg mirtazapine. End May.  Start June stop pregablin after two week taper.  End June.  Stopped Lexapro 15mg 3 wk taper. Start July Mirt 30mg + Diaz daily 2-4mg End July  returned to mirtaz 15mg + lexapro at 10mg reinstated. 4th Aug - 19 Sept Zopiclone (3.75 then 7.5 then 3.75 at the end)

diazepam 7-8mg day since then. 16 Sept cut lex to 5mg. 5-6 Oct swapped 5mg lex to 8.15am and 15mg mirtazipine to 11pm

8 Oct onwards sticking to 6mg diazepam p/day 3 doses/ 2 Feb start 1mg clonazepam, stop Diaz. 21 Feb 2% cut lex. 8 March 12.5% clon cut. Now take .5 clon 9am, .375 5pm(0.875 mg daily clonazepam) 16 May  @8% clon reduction so 9am dose .43(0.805 mg daily clonazepam)

2 July 10% Lexapro reduction to 4.5mg. 9 Aug .25mg lex cut  to 4.25mg/ 13 Aug 4.5mg

2019 October present drugs:  Lexapro 2.75 mg(tapers of 0.25 increments in last year at 5 -9 week intervals),  clonazepam 0.78 mg(taper of .02 mg November 2018),  mirtazapine 15 mg

2020 January 5th Lexapro taper to 2.57 mg(2%drop), total clonazepam 0.78 mg, mirtazapine 15 mg

• Administrator

Hi, Nikki. What happened after you cut clonazepam 25% in March? Did your symptom pattern change?

Did the Feb. 21 reduction of  Lexapro cause any change in symptom pattern? What was it?

Has your doctor checked liver and kidney function and electrolytes lately?

2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Hi, Nikki. What happened after you cut clonazepam 25% in March? Did your symptom pattern change?

Hi Alto

I cut it 12.5% (which was 25% off the evening dose).

i had no reaction for about ten days the the akathisia got very bad. Some panic attacks. Terror. Looping thoughts and intrusive memories, some inner rage (that’s lessened).

They’d put me on it as it had gone so severe mid-late January out of the blue. 1mg stopped the movements and reduced the distress but it was still under the surface and I was v v depressed on the 1mg. It also after a couple of weeks started to make me quite buzzy and hyper, I’d take it and be wired. 

So the cut made the akathisia worse again, but I had less solid depression. Now I get virtually no relief from the morning dose in fact today it has sent the akathisia sky high and I’m in great distress and pacing.

Did the Feb. 21 reduction of  Lexapro cause any change in symptom pattern? What was it?

I didn’t notice much but I did have nausea at times. Although I was actually finding (before the clon reduction) that I was dry retching when I swallowed the clon pill sometimes and thought the nausea was from the clon. 

Has your doctor checked liver and kidney function and electrolytes lately?

No he hasn’t.

Just some notes from this morning:

woke 7am with akathisia quite high

8.15 lex made me dozy for about 45 mins then shaking and panic 

9 took clon continued shaking, them brief break

9.30 tears (clon often makes me tearful and depressed when I take it)

9.30-11 am severe akathisia, pacing, rocking, panic, fear, right ear low level humming 

Edited by Nikki74

11-3pm severe mental akathisia and need to rock at times; head squeezing, almost non stop crying, fear, terror, lower back pain, exhaustion.

3pm some easing in physical and mental symptoms as long as I lie still, still internal agitation present but able to be still, very drowsy but cannot sleep. 

4pm Sometimes this happens around this time of day, the mental symptoms ease and the akathisia though still horribly uncomfortable is less intense. 

If it weren’t for the internal agitation and bugs under skin feeling I’d feel almost ok. 

• Administrator

Nikki, ask your doctor to check liver and kidney function and electrolytes.

9 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Nikki, ask your doctor to check liver and kidney function and electrolytes.

Ok. Any particular reason? Just wanted to know your thinking on it?

• Administrator

To see if the drugs are having a bad effect on your kidneys, liver, or electrolytes, and to make sure you're metabolizing all these drugs properly.

Nikki, we didn't hear from you for a while. We had been talking about balancing your benzo schedule. This could be the key to your symptom pattern, which might be:

- Rebound symptoms from the night's benzo wearing off in the morning (before you take either Lexapro or clonazepam)

- Sedative effect from Lexapro on top of what's left of evening benzo causing a paradoxical reaction after you take Lexapro

- Additional paradoxical reaction after you take morning clonazepam dose

The rebound symptoms and paradoxical reactions take the form of akathisia. They don't settle down until the evening, when both Lexapro and the morning clonazepam are wearing off.

My guess is the Lexapro is not the problem itself, you're taking too many drugs overall, but the benzo dose is still too high and not balanced over 24 hours.

14 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

To see if the drugs are having a bad effect on your kidneys, liver, or electrolytes, and to make sure you're metabolizing all these drugs properly.

Ok, understand. I have a strong feeling I’m not metabolising things. Ps what is the action to take if I’m not?

Nikki, we didn't hear from you for a while. We had been talking about balancing your benzo schedule. This could be the key to your symptom pattern, which might be:

I did go back to Shep and asked about this after you’d raised it. But she said you probably meant just making sure I stick to the set tones of 9am and 5pm. But did you mean to spread the benzo out more?

- Rebound symptoms from the night's benzo wearing off in the morning (before you take either Lexapro or clonazepam)

- Sedative effect from Lexapro on top of what's left of evening benzo causing a paradoxical reaction after you take Lexapro

- Additional paradoxical reaction after you take morning clonazepam dose

The rebound symptoms and paradoxical reactions take the form of akathisia. They don't settle down until the evening, when both Lexapro and the morning clonazepam are wearing off.

Interesting yes. 

I have had the akathisia since the cts last year (no windows) and know I experienced it on drugs before but nothing like this (now I know what it is). But could it be these ideas you’ve put forward which make sense, are maintaining it? 

Also I had that massive increase in akathisia in January whic I’ve never worked out but possibly delayed wd hit from the cts OR the benzo turned on me?

My guess is the Lexapro is not the problem itself, you're taking too many drugs overall, but the benzo dose is still too high and not balanced throughout the day.

I agree I’m on too much. Would it be best to get the benzo dose balanced (ok you’ve answered my question so I can go back to Shep) hold then taper the benzo down? 

Is there hope of improvement the lighter my drugload?

Edited by Nikki74

• Administrator

I'm conferring with Shep about your benzo dosing.

We need to see the results of your liver, kidney, and electrolytes tests before making any guesses about what to do.

23 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

I'm conferring with Shep about your benzo dosing.

We need to see the results of your liver, kidney, and electrolytes tests before making any guesses about what to do.

Ok thank you for your help.

I’m dealing with the NHS so it could take some time and convincing my GP I need it done. But I’ll say it’s urgent. 

17 minutes ago, Nikki74 said:

Ok thank you for your help.

I’m dealing with the NHS so it could take some time and convincing my GP I need it done. But I’ll say it’s urgent. 

Nikki:

I hope you start feeling better.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• Administrator

The test isn't urgent, but it's advisable since you're on multiple drugs that conflict with each other. Your doctor should be aware of this. If not, a complaint is warranted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Nik,

I found the Lex change around February 17th, as did Shep.

When able.......yes, do put it in your signature.

Keep the rest stable for now other than ^ suggestions.  If you are a pro at your shaving method of 20%(edited here: I meant 2%) off your Lex/escitalpram, or 4.9mg........just stay there and keep it consistent.  I'm sure I'll still be here and will be happy to help when you get back to escitalopram tapering.  Okie dokie.  Looks like a few other priorities may have come up.

On 5/11/2018 at 3:54 AM, Nikki74 said:

woke 7am with akathisia quite high

8.15 lex made me dozy for about 45 mins then shaking and panic 

9 took clon continued shaking, them brief break

9.30 tears (clon often makes me tearful and depressed when I take it)

9.30-11 am severe akathisia, pacing, rocking, panic, fear, right ear low level humming 

Good efforts ^ Nikki.  You are just lacking the dose with your medications.

Thank you again.  It's been a pleasure.

Love, peace, healing, and growth and hugs again to the little person :wub:  As well as yourself,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
update: correction 20%, meant 2%, in black 2nd paragraph

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• 1 month later...

I’ve not been on a few days as symptoms are getting more severe and been pacing everyday.

i take the lexapro and this is what is now happening within minutes:

extreme akathisia and pacing (note I have the akathisia anyway 24/7 but this sends it into orbit)

shaking

heart rate shoots up

diahrrea within minutes

sweating 

confusion

head racing

some muscle twitching

Last two days the pacing and intermittent sweating and confusion has gone on all day and into the evening. I also get dry retching around 4pm.

Today I called the uk nhs helpline as the reaction was so intense and they sent an ambulance. Heart rate was up and they said I have signs of serotonin syndrome but not life threatening. 

It feels like an emergency to reduce and get off this drug. Can a mod chime in please?

i have a house move coming up in next month. Can barely function.

Nikki 

Edited by Nikki74

• Moderator Emeritus
On 5/11/2018 at 1:40 PM, Altostrata said:

Nikki, did the ambulance take you to the hospital and, if so,  did they run any of these tests? Did they treat you with any meds or make any suggestions? 

I'll ask the AD mods to follow up. 

4 minutes ago, Shep said:

Nikki, did the ambulance take you to the hospital and, if so,  did they run any of these tests? Did they treat you with any meds or make any suggestions? 

I'll ask the AD mods to follow up. 

No they didn’t take me as said I need to speak to my doctor and they didn’t consider it life threatening, my heart rate came down a bit while they were here (maybe 2 hours after taking the lexapro) but everything else continues.

i had all my bloods checked including liver and kidney function just recently and all normal.

They only said yes I need to get off the drug but talk to doctor and don’t stop suddenly (which amazed me they knew this!)

Am scared to take the pill again.

Am scared because of my history with it having ct’d it a year ago and akathisia starting then but I know I had issues on it that started the polydrugging.

Sorry, I’m just scared! 

Ps Thank you Shep x

NHS doctor just phoned and said the akathisia may never go! He had no advice for me other than speak to my doctor, who is clueless. Akathisia does go right?

I’ve had it a long time now 

• Administrator

Nikki, how much Lexapro are you taking now? How much mirtazapine? At what times of day do you take your drugs?

4 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Nikki, how much Lexapro are you taking now? How much mirtazapine? At what times of day do you take your drugs?

4.9mg lexapro at 8.15am

.43 clonazepam at 9am though I took it later this morning as the ambulance came out due to the lexapro reaction and I didn’t want to add the clon before they monitored me

.375 clon at 5pm

15mg Mirtazipine at 11pm

I do get surges in the akathisia symptoms when I take the clonazepam too (sometimes as violent as the lexapro dose)

But the lexapro dose is becoming severe

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Nikki74 said:

I do get surges in the akathisia symptoms when I take the clonazepam too (sometimes as violent as the lexapro dose)

To which clonazepam dose do you get this reaction? You are taking the morning dose close to your Lexapro dose.

Interactions https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=703-0,1640-0,1013-565

Just now, Altostrata said:

To which clonazepam dose do you get this reaction? You are taking the morning dose close to your Lexapro dose.

Mainly the morning dose. I took it 2 and a half hours after the lexapro this morning and it still surged but settled more after a couple of hours.

I’m now also getting a surge from the evening dose that reduced tonight after about an hour and a half. The past two nights it’s not passed til 9pm.

• Administrator

Nikki, you've got to keep your benzos on schedule. It may make sense to move the Lexapro later, instead.

The dry retching occurs every day at 4 p.m.?

Does it seem the symptoms that sent you to the hospital are from the Lexapro or the benzo? What time of day did you go to the hospital?

10 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Nikki, you've got to keep your benzos on schedule. It may make sense to move the Lexapro later, instead.

The dry retching occurs every day at 4 p.m.?

Does it seem the symptoms that sent you to the hospital are from the Lexapro or the benzo? What time of day did you go to the hospital?

The only reason I took the benzo later today was because of the severe reaction to the lexapro and the ambulance was on its way so I wanted them to monitor me based on that.

yes dry retching at 4pm

I didn’t go to hospital today, I phoned the nhs helpline around 9am and based on my heart rate being persistently high for over an hour they sent an ambulance. This was after taking the lexapro. I had not yet taken the benzo.

It’s gone severe like this the last two days directly after taking the lexapro. 

within minutes today of swallowing the lexapro I had diahrrea, frantic pacing, I was shaking so much the paramedics struggled to take a pin prick of blood, muscle twitching in my arms, stuttering words, sweats, bad confusion, heart pounding. 

It was very frightening.

But I have had extreme reactions to the morning clonazepam too as I’ve said.

its been hard to keep notes this week as I’ve been pacing and shaking so much and v confused

Edited by Nikki74

• Administrator

Okay, Nikki, you did the right thing with your experiment to isolate the cause of your symptoms.

If I were you, I'd cut the Lexapro dosage in half, going for a fast taper of it altogether. I hope your symptoms don't get worse, but what's going on is very concerning.

Is your Lexapro liquid a new batch? Have you refilled the mirtazapine prescription lately? Are the tablets from the same manufacturer as before?

7 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Okay, Nikki, you did the right thing with your experiment to isolate the cause of your symptoms.

If I were you, I'd cut the Lexapro dosage in half, going for a fast taper of it altogether. I hope your symptoms don't get worse, but what's going on is very concerning.

Thank you. Yes I’m really concerned about it. What shall I do if symptoms go severe doing this? 

I know it’s a potent ad. 

7 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Is your Lexapro liquid a new batch? Have you refilled the mirtazapine prescription lately? Are the tablets from the same manufacturer as before?

I have 5mg tablets of lexapro rather than liquid. I only cut 2% on 21st February using scales.

My brand of lexapro was changed on 26th February after being on the same brand for years. I asked for old brand but budget cuts meant nhs aren’t supplying it.

The Mirtazipine brand was changed sometime also (same reason, budgets) but I don’t seem to have recorded the date unfortunately. I think possibly in March.

• Administrator

Nikki, if you're getting a bad reaction to a drug, all we can do is guess is that cutting the drug will help.

Please let us know how you're doing after you reduce the Lexapro.

Updosing the clonazepam slightly by adding a dose and reducing the others might be the next step, but you need to find out if maybe going off Lexapro provides the resolution.

I am sorry you're going through this, hang in there. You've been very brave.

5 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Nikki, if you're getting a bad reaction to a drug, all we can do is guess is that cutting the drug will help.

Yes, thank you. 

Please let us know how you're doing after you reduce the Lexapro.

Ok I will

Updosing the clonazepam slightly by adding a dose and reducing the others might be the next step, but you need to find out if maybe going off Lexapro provides the resolution.

Ok, I’ve cut down to .80 since being on it since January when the akathisia went severe then. So maybe going back up? But not yet?

And do you mean reducing the Mirtazipine? Of course not yet.

I am sorry you're going through this, hang in there. You've been very brave.

Thank you. I appreciate that a lot Alto.

its pushing me to my limits but I’m praying I will one day recover.

Ive got a house move forced on me next month but have many people gathering round to help.

I hope getting off the Lexapro will be one step closer to recovery.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Nikki74 said:

I hope getting off the Lexapro will be one step closer to recovery.

I hope so, too, Nikki.

The updose refers to clonazepam, but definitely not until we see what reducing Lexapro does. We don't want to get into more complications with the benzo if it's not necessary.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Nikki,

If I were you I'd stick with the dry cuts for now as well.  You can quarter your 10 mg. tabs and/or use your scale........to get to a 2.5 mg active ingredient.

I would not want to speed up your absorption, and have another variable at play........ which likely would happen if you went to liquid(homemade or other) now.

We're all crossing our fingers that this decreases the activation that you are feeling now.  And it may take a few days to a week for you to register the change. 

Do you do the magnesium in any form?  The baths might help a bit if you have a tub.  That form of magnesium is called Epsom salts and absorbs through the skin........very mellowing.  I usually just add 2 small handfuls to a warm, not overly hot bath.

And yikes.  You've been going through a lot once again.  Hugs.  I'm hoping we see much improvement before your move takes place.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
grammar

17 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi Nikki,

If I were you I'd stick with the dry cuts for now as well.  You can quarter your 10 mg. tabs and/or use your scale........to get to a 2.5 mg active ingredient.

I would not want to speed up your absorption, and have another variable at play........ which likely would happen if you went to liquid(homemade or other) now.

We're all crossing our fingers that this decreases the activation that you are feeling now.  And it may take a few days to a week for you to register the change. 

Do you do the magnesium in any form?  The baths might help a bit if you have a tub.  That form of magnesium is called Epsom salts and absorbs through the skin........very mellowing.  I usually just add 2 small handfuls to a warm, not overly hot bath.

And yikes.  You've been going through a lot once again.  Hugs.  I'm hoping we see much improvement before your move takes place.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Thank you mmt 

im so scared of this big cut and wds and the akathisia.

i reduced this morning to 2.5mg and had a slightly less severe reaction and the benzo wasn’t as severe either.

But I can feel wds kicking in already I think. Strange concrete lump feeling at back of my head. Panicky but I was anyway. Akathisia remains but no frantic pacing today.

Im just scared about the coming days having made this cut. 

Nikki x

Hi Nikki - What Alto said is so true, you have been so very brave.  I am really sorry for all you have gone through and am really hoping reducing the Lexapro helps.  Thinking about you - WR.

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg