Jump to content

I cannot talk!


Klipsanen
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello, is there anyone else who struggles with talking?

 

i can not talk? I used to be so talkative before my medication. My brain is just a huge lump of fog nowadays. Every now and then i only answer questions when asked and only with one word. I can't get any more words out of my mouth, cant even think! Will this problem go away when getting off of medication? (Risperdal)

or is it just a part of anhedonia? (Emotional flatness)

this problem ruins my relationship with everyone!

 

Sorry for short post,  had struggle even write this! Sorry about my english too!

Zyprexa was first: started 23 of february 10 mg Only for few weeks 1-2w.

truxal and levozin were for my sleeping problem for only few weeks also.

Abilify:  2mg started march/2017 at first for few weeks and then injection 300-400mg april/2017 to july/2017

Risperdal: 1.0 mg, started 18th of july to this day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ChessieCat changed the title to I cannot talk!

This has also been a problem for me I used to be very quick in conversations and fill with information to roll from topic to topic.  Now, I have trouble thinking under any pressure, which has actually my strength when dealing with people and situations.   I drawing a blank most of the time the well of knowledge and experience is out of my grasp, and I don't know if it will come back.  I'm coming to the 2 year mark and I just struggle with the symptoms, I really miss my old self.  I can't keep up with all the mental aspects Affect by the SSRIs it's a full time job, so I'm just accepting my brain and body know how to heal.

 

Has anyone recovery from this inability to think, or does it come from practice and rehabilitation?  

Short Term Case: 7 pill of 10 mg of Modafinil in a 3 month span, but last 3 I took back to back causing severe withdrawals, lasting 3 weeks. Than 2 pills lexapro to help withdrawal lead to more withdrawal.  I have most symptoms Pssd, emotional loss, cognitive issues, nerve damage in legs.  Also 2 benzodiazepines.  Not much to damage me long term...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a horrible time speaking with risperdol.  I took high doses of it for 6 months in 1995-96.  I took it along with paxil and Prozac and developed horrific akithisia along with the inability to talk.  I maybe was able to speak  a dozen words in 6 months.  it felt like I had an elephant sitting on my head.  the mix of drugs gave me brain damage.  my eye sockets became shiny and I couldn't form sentances no matter how hard I tried.  it was like you said, mostly just "yeah" or "no" were the only words I could speak.   when I stopped the drug in march of 1996 and had ECT everything cleared up and I went back to my normal self.   it wasn't from the ECT as much as the drugs were stopped being given to me when I started the electric shock therapy.  it took about 2 days off the drugs until the side effects started going away.  by 4 days off, I was normal and talking again.

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

 

On Zoloft (200 mg) and Zyprexa (17.5 mg) March 1998- Feb 2014

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've recovered from most of my withdrawal and adverse reaction symptoms but, YES, I had a period where all I could think to say was "hi".  Now I won't shut up....do know it does get better.

 

There was another person who had pretty severe withdrawal symptoms like me, some maybe even a bit worse, whom I recall reporting this way back when when i was really badly off.  it sadly does happen.  But you absolutely can get better. 

 

Oddly well after that I hit a strange period where I felt like I had to say whatever was on my mind...so things can flip flop rather drastically.  Someone else here I think called it "feeling like your thoughts are too loud in your head'.  Mine felt like they were almost pressing on me TO be spoken.  That's calmed down a bit too.  That probably has someting to do with disinhibition i guess....

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The inability to form thoughts and talk well is so impairing i feel disabled.

 

I feel very bad around others because of this.

 

In these days the cogn impairment is very bad and it affects my whole life.

 

 

I'm sorry, didn't write a proper diary and my memory is very bad, can't remember exactly all dosages . Here is a short summary

Drugged since i was 11 yo.

Prescribed several SSRI, neuroleptics, mood stabilizers, benzos.Last prescription was lithium, lamotrigine , 20 mg paroxetine, rivotril

Tapered fast lithium and lamotrigine with little to no symptoms 3 years ago.Since then i'm tapering paroxetine and going through withdrawal syndrome. My tapering was not   stable and that's probably the cause of a lot of acute symptoms i had .

Currently at 0.8 mg of paroxetine

Trying now a micro-taper of 0.02 cuts

15/07/2017 tapered to 0.74  (having waves and windows. Cognitive impairment, akathisia, apathy, anxiety, vision problems, depression, paranoia, obsessive toughts, extreme fatigue,  and some more: all comes in waves except vision problems wich are persistent)

08/09/2017 0.72 mg 28/09/2017 0.70 mg

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can relate to some degree.  As I've been tapering my cognitive abilities have gotten a little worse.  Not as sharp in the mind.  Brain fog and dullness in thought have made it harder to be social.  I've always been an introvert but now more than ever.  I felt I had brain fog before tapering, but now it's much more pronounced.

April 26th - 36.5>32.8mg Z.

Feb 4th - 40.5>36.5mg Zoloft.

Jan 5th - 45>40.5mg Zoloft.

Dec 6th - 50>45mg Zoloft.

Nov 1st - 53>50.0mg Zoloft. Sep 22/17 - 50.0>53.0mg Zoloft. Sep 18/17 - 59.0>50.0mg Zoloft.

Aug 7/17 - 65.6>59.0mg  July 18/17 - 72.9>65.6mg. June 18/17 - 81>72.9mg 

May 28/17 - 90>81mg.  May 8/17:  Started my taper. 100>90mg

1995 to May 8/17:  100mg Zoloft/day.  Working well but suspecting some signs of Tolerance this past year.

4/5/17:  Started Testosterone Replacement Therapy via T pellet insertion.  Diagnosed with Secondary Hypogonadism.

Supplements:  1000mg fish oil, 10,000iu Vit D3 with K2, 400mg Magnesium.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

hello y'all!

hope you are getting better, i just know it!

i'm feeling better about myself already while tapering down risperdal, i can somehow talk, but still struggling to form sentences..

Zyprexa was first: started 23 of february 10 mg Only for few weeks 1-2w.

truxal and levozin were for my sleeping problem for only few weeks also.

Abilify:  2mg started march/2017 at first for few weeks and then injection 300-400mg april/2017 to july/2017

Risperdal: 1.0 mg, started 18th of july to this day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I have this, but I'm not sure if it's solely the cog fog.  It feels more like an inhibition for me along with the brain fog.  I also obsess  about not being able to communicate like I used to and it just snowballs into giant anxiety.

Lexapro 1/17 - 3/17 10 mg.  Switched to Elavil 3/27/17 10 mg

Upped to 20 mg June 5, 2017 3 days, back down to 10mg June 8

Up again to 20 mg June 12, 2017 4 days, back down to 10 June 16

9/17 dropped to 9.5 mg

11/17 dropped to 9.3mg

2/18/17 dropped to 8.8 mg

February 14/2018 Adverse reaction to zofran pill at clinic

10/7/19 8.48 mg

12/22/19 7.3 mg 

2/7/20 6.5 mg 

5/23/20 5.84

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/30/2017 at 3:32 AM, UnfoldingSky said:

I've recovered from most of my withdrawal and adverse reaction symptoms but, YES, I had a period where all I could think to say was "hi".  Now I won't shut up....do know it does get better.

 

There was another person who had pretty severe withdrawal symptoms like me, some maybe even a bit worse, whom I recall reporting this way back when when i was really badly off.  it sadly does happen.  But you absolutely can get better. 

 

Oddly well after that I hit a strange period where I felt like I had to say whatever was on my mind...so things can flip flop rather drastically.  Someone else here I think called it "feeling like your thoughts are too loud in your head'.  Mine felt like they were almost pressing on me TO be spoken.  That's calmed down a bit too.  That probably has someting to do with disinhibition i guess....

Hi UnfoldingSky, 

 

It's so encouraging to see someone post that they have recovered to the point where they are able to socialize. I've become pretty introverted since I finished my taper and entered into hellish protracted withdrawal. Did your memory and anhedonia recover completely when you started to have a return of your ability to socialize?

  1. Started Wellbutrin 75 mg IR the end of 2015.
  2. Tried quitting cold turkey in June 30th- July 3rd 2017.
  3. Had severe withdrawals.
  4. Was placed on Wellbutrin 100mg SR so I could taper without withdrawal.
  5. Stabilized on 100mg SR for most of the month of July.
  6. Started tapering on July 17th,  2017.
  7. Completed taper on August 8th, 2017.
  8. Currently experiencing severe withdrawal.
  • Symptoms- Currently experiencing anhedonia, depersonalization/derealization, concentration/memory issues, chronic congestion, chronic dry eyes, dry skin, dislocated TMJ joint from teeth grinding during C/T withdrawal, waves of depression, anxiety, nausea, morning cortisol spikes, insomnia, agitation, food sensitivities, no tolerance for caffeine and chronic fatigue, burning muscle pain in upper and lower back and occasional tinninitus.
  • Supplements- Omega-3 fish oil supplement twice daily, 100 mg of magnesium once daily. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of my symptoms while on medication was always emotional flatness.  I don't think I cried for years.  I would be intellectually aware of an emotion but not able to feel it.  Now I feel everything.  I get very uncomfortable with anyone who is too talkative, and it often seems as though they are talking too loud and too fast.  I also re-think everything I say and worry that someone was offended either by what little I said or by my manner.  I shudder to think what it will be like when I'm off all meds, but I am looking forward to being drug free.  Hang in there.  Looks like you are wanting to socialize, and that's a good beginning.

Alcohol periodic excessive 1963-1976, Valium sporadic 1964-1973,  Imipramine off & on 1982-1985, Fluoxetine 10mg-80 mg. Oct., 1995-Jan., 2014; Cymbalta, other ADs 1/2014-3/2014; Abilify 5 mg. 3/2014 - 8/8/17; Trintellix 20 mg. 3/2014 - 9/2017; Propranolol 60-80 mg. sporadically Sept-Oct, 2017; Seroquel few days Sept 2017 (c/t); Wellbutrin 150 mg. Sept, 2017 updosed to 300 mg. few days till c/t Oct 8, 2017, fish oil, vitD, vitE Oct 16, 2017-pres. Lipoflavonoid 4/2017-pres.  Fluoxetine 10 mg. Sept-Oct 8, 2017, 20 mg. 10/9- 10/15; 10 mg. 10/16 - 12/29;  9 mg. 12/30 - 2/9; 2 mL liquid (8.1mg) 2/10 - 3/7; 1.8 mL (7.29 mg) 3/8 -3/20; 1.6 mL (6.561mg) 3/20-4/2; 1.4 mL (5.9 mg) 4/3-4/14; 1mL (4 mg.) 4/15-4/22; .9mL (3.6mg) 4/23-5/1; .81mL (3.24 mg) 5/2-5/24; .73mL (2.916mg.) 5/25-6/8; .65mL 6/9-6/23; .6mL 6/24-7/17; .58mL 7/18-7/28; .525mL 7/29-8/13; .5 mL 8/14-21; .45mL 8/22-31; .4mL 9/2-21; .35mL 9/22-10/4; .3mL 10/5-28; .25mL 10/28-11/10; .2mL 11/11-11/24; .18mL 11/25-12/3; .1mL 12/4-12/18. Zero-12/19/18-present.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Hellbutrin said:

Hi UnfoldingSky, 

 

It's so encouraging to see someone post that they have recovered to the point where they are able to socialize. I've become pretty introverted since I finished my taper and entered into hellish protracted withdrawal. Did your memory and anhedonia recover completely when you started to have a return of your ability to socialize?

 

Hi Hellbutrin,

 

I actually had a feeling of terror when I had the worst withdrawal going on, and once that lifted things were a lot better.  I wouldn't have called it anhedonia because it was so...drastic.  But after it lifted I was able to begin to take pleasure in things, yes.  Memory was hit hard for me, slower to improve but I've had huge improvements there too.  However I took many pills I could not tolerate well that cause memory issues, and had a bad interaction going on between two I was on at once (Valium and Propranolol, which I took for years.)  Both of those impact memory, so that mix was not running in my favour at all.  I only found out when I actually was on my very last day of my last taper that there was this interaction...So I would venture to say if you "only" took Wellbutrin (and not at all meaning to minimize what you are going through, I realize how brutal cold turkeys can be) if you have a memory issue from withdrawal it should improve faster than mine did. And hopefully is not nearly as bad too.  At my worst I could not recall most of my own past, and now I can, it's quite amazing, this recovery!

 

Also about socializing, I went from barely having a thing to say to almost anyone (in person; online I could sometimes dredge up conversations depending on who I was talking to, and if it was about pills was easy enough) to being so talkative now I fairly frequently have people I have not known long giving me their phone numbers.

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@UnfoldingSky

How did your recovery happen ?

And what did help you - supplements which helped most - for memory ?

 

On 12/2/2017 at 2:15 PM, UnfoldingSky said:

At my worst I could not recall most of my own past, and now I can, it's quite amazing, this recovery!

 

With what you said , I am at my worst.

What should i do get the amazing recovery you mentioned. 

I am 21 mos CTed of all.

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/2/2017 at 2:45 AM, UnfoldingSky said:

 

Hi Hellbutrin,

 

I actually had a feeling of terror when I had the worst withdrawal going on, and once that lifted things were a lot better.  I wouldn't have called it anhedonia because it was so...drastic.  But after it lifted I was able to begin to take pleasure in things, yes.  Memory was hit hard for me, slower to improve but I've had huge improvements there too.  However I took many pills I could not tolerate well that cause memory issues, and had a bad interaction going on between two I was on at once (Valium and Propranolol, which I took for years.)  Both of those impact memory, so that mix was not running in my favour at all.  I only found out when I actually was on my very last day of my last taper that there was this interaction...So I would venture to say if you "only" took Wellbutrin (and not at all meaning to minimize what you are going through, I realize how brutal cold turkeys can be) if you have a memory issue from withdrawal it should improve faster than mine did. And hopefully is not nearly as bad too.  At my worst I could not recall most of my own past, and now I can, it's quite amazing, this recovery!

 

Also about socializing, I went from barely having a thing to say to almost anyone (in person; online I could sometimes dredge up conversations depending on who I was talking to, and if it was about pills was easy enough) to being so talkative now I fairly frequently have people I have not known long giving me their phone numbers.

Hi UnfoldingSky,

 

Thanks so much for your response! It really helps being able to talk to people that have had similar experiences. How long into your withdrawal were you before you noticed your "feelings of dread" starting to lift? I too am unable to recall most of my past, I can hardly even remember what I did yesterday. It's only been four months since I finished my "taper" (I don't know if I would call it a taper since I only tapered two weeks, and I did it by skipping doses, which I now know is a huge no no.) so I know I still have a long road ahead of me. But I'm just hoping that I will be able to function better soon. My windows are so seldom, and I'm hoping that the amount of time that I'm having to take off of work doesn't start having a serious impact on my job. Did you depersonalization go away totally eventually? When did you notice it start to go away, was it gradual or did it just go away one day and not come back? This is one of the areas that I'm mainly concerned about because during my windows (which are seldom and short) I still don't feel even close to myself. Thanks for your response and any feedback you can provide!

  1. Started Wellbutrin 75 mg IR the end of 2015.
  2. Tried quitting cold turkey in June 30th- July 3rd 2017.
  3. Had severe withdrawals.
  4. Was placed on Wellbutrin 100mg SR so I could taper without withdrawal.
  5. Stabilized on 100mg SR for most of the month of July.
  6. Started tapering on July 17th,  2017.
  7. Completed taper on August 8th, 2017.
  8. Currently experiencing severe withdrawal.
  • Symptoms- Currently experiencing anhedonia, depersonalization/derealization, concentration/memory issues, chronic congestion, chronic dry eyes, dry skin, dislocated TMJ joint from teeth grinding during C/T withdrawal, waves of depression, anxiety, nausea, morning cortisol spikes, insomnia, agitation, food sensitivities, no tolerance for caffeine and chronic fatigue, burning muscle pain in upper and lower back and occasional tinninitus.
  • Supplements- Omega-3 fish oil supplement twice daily, 100 mg of magnesium once daily. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2017 at 2:26 PM, Hellbutrin said:

Hi UnfoldingSky,

 

Thanks so much for your response! It really helps being able to talk to people that have had similar experiences. How long into your withdrawal were you before you noticed your "feelings of dread" starting to lift? I too am unable to recall most of my past, I can hardly even remember what I did yesterday. It's only been four months since I finished my "taper" (I don't know if I would call it a taper since I only tapered two weeks, and I did it by skipping doses, which I now know is a huge no no.) so I know I still have a long road ahead of me. But I'm just hoping that I will be able to function better soon. My windows are so seldom, and I'm hoping that the amount of time that I'm having to take off of work doesn't start having a serious impact on my job. Did you depersonalization go away totally eventually? When did you notice it start to go away, was it gradual or did it just go away one day and not come back? This is one of the areas that I'm mainly concerned about because during my windows (which are seldom and short) I still don't feel even close to myself. Thanks for your response and any feedback you can provide!

 

  1. Started Wellbutrin 75 mg IR the end of 2015.
  2. Tried quitting cold turkey in June 30th- July 3rd 2017.
  3. Had severe withdrawals.
  4. Was placed on Wellbutrin 100mg SR so I could taper without withdrawal.
  5. Stabilized on 100mg SR for most of the month of July.
  6. Started tapering on July 17th,  2017.
  7. Completed taper on August 8th, 2017.
  8. Currently experiencing severe withdrawal.
  • Symptoms- Currently experiencing anhedonia, depersonalization/derealization, concentration/memory issues, chronic congestion, chronic dry eyes, dry skin, dislocated TMJ joint from teeth grinding during C/T withdrawal, waves of depression, anxiety, nausea, morning cortisol spikes, insomnia, agitation, food sensitivities, no tolerance for caffeine and chronic fatigue, burning muscle pain in upper and lower back and occasional tinninitus.
  • Supplements- Omega-3 fish oil supplement twice daily, 100 mg of magnesium once daily. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/12/2017 at 3:26 PM, Hellbutrin said:

Hi UnfoldingSky,

 

Thanks so much for your response! It really helps being able to talk to people that have had similar experiences. How long into your withdrawal were you before you noticed your "feelings of dread" starting to lift? I too am unable to recall most of my past, I can hardly even remember what I did yesterday. It's only been four months since I finished my "taper" (I don't know if I would call it a taper since I only tapered two weeks, and I did it by skipping doses, which I now know is a huge no no.) so I know I still have a long road ahead of me. But I'm just hoping that I will be able to function better soon. My windows are so seldom, and I'm hoping that the amount of time that I'm having to take off of work doesn't start having a serious impact on my job. Did you depersonalization go away totally eventually? When did you notice it start to go away, was it gradual or did it just go away one day and not come back? This is one of the areas that I'm mainly concerned about because during my windows (which are seldom and short) I still don't feel even close to myself. Thanks for your response and any feedback you can provide!

 

Hi Hellbutrin, Sorry I took a while getting back to you. The feelings of dread started to lift as akathisia went though I could have them here and there after the akathisia was gone too.  Particularly in early morning. I did get a big improvement in the feelings later on too after I lost contact with someone who stressed me out a ton.  Up until that point I didn't appreciate the degree to which stress might impact this symptom but it was such a major difference it could not be ignored.

 

Like you too I had almost no windows, I just started to recover a lot a ways in and a lot of the recovery was sustained. 

 

And yes my depersonalization went away completely, I now can't even fathom what it was like TO feel like that, I feel very grounded, almost "painfully normal".  It's strange but you can somewhat get used to that state, so that when it ends you aren't sure how to accommodate the new one. Something I didn't anticipate, but you gradually adjust to not having it. As for how it went away, it was more sudden for me. I had a massive improvement, though over time I would feel more grounded still with further improvements..but the first one was the big one, I couldn't even really appreciate I had a bit of remaining dissociation until I healed further.

 

I hope that makes sense and is helpful let me know if you have any other questions...and I hope you get big improvements soon too!

 

US

 

 

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/9/2017 at 3:18 AM, UnfoldingSky said:

 

Hi Hellbutrin, Sorry I took a while getting back to you. The feelings of dread started to lift as akathisia went though I could have them here and there after the akathisia was gone too.  Particularly in early morning. I did get a big improvement in the feelings later on too after I lost contact with someone who stressed me out a ton.  Up until that point I didn't appreciate the degree to which stress might impact this symptom but it was such a major difference it could not be ignored.

 

Like you too I had almost no windows, I just started to recover a lot a ways in and a lot of the recovery was sustained. 

 

And yes my depersonalization went away completely, I now can't even fathom what it was like TO feel like that, I feel very grounded, almost "painfully normal".  It's strange but you can somewhat get used to that state, so that when it ends you aren't sure how to accommodate the new one. Something I didn't anticipate, but you gradually adjust to not having it. As for how it went away, it was more sudden for me. I had a massive improvement, though over time I would feel more grounded still with further improvements..but the first one was the big one, I couldn't even really appreciate I had a bit of remaining dissociation until I healed further.

 

I hope that makes sense and is helpful let me know if you have any other questions...and I hope you get big improvements soon too!

 

US

 

 

Thanks so much for your feedback UnfoldingSky!

 

What month did you notice your depression starting to lift? I had a REALLY bad wave in the beginning of November where I was having suicidal ideation and was terrified because I've never had depression before. I was originally taking Wellbutrin to help with my anxiety that was caused by starting graduate school two years ago. My panic attacks improved slightly when I had been taking the medication for a while, but then they started getting WAY worse after I had been on the medication for a little more than a year. At that point I started looking into the side effects of the medication and learned that one of the primary side effects of taking Wellbutrin is increased anxiety. To this day I still have a hard time fathoming why my doctor at the time would have prescribed me to a medication that could make my anxiety disorder worse. I'm just trying to get a rough idea for the kind of timeline I might be looking at, I know that we are all different, but knowing what other people have experienced gives me hope that I will recover in months rather than years. Did you have depressive symptoms, and what month did you notice them start to go away? What month did you notice your depersonalization/derealization starting to lift? How long have you been in withdrawal, and when did you notice progress towards recovery the most? Thanks for answering my questions and providing me with feedback from your personal experience, it helps a lot knowing that we aren't alone in this struggle! It's so easy to feel like this damage is permanent and that we are never going to recover. But our experience is relative and different from what an outside observer might see, so I'm trying to stay off of forums that speak to permanent damage, and get more encouragement from individuals that are experiencing recovery progress. Thanks again for your input!

  1. Started Wellbutrin 75 mg IR the end of 2015.
  2. Tried quitting cold turkey in June 30th- July 3rd 2017.
  3. Had severe withdrawals.
  4. Was placed on Wellbutrin 100mg SR so I could taper without withdrawal.
  5. Stabilized on 100mg SR for most of the month of July.
  6. Started tapering on July 17th,  2017.
  7. Completed taper on August 8th, 2017.
  8. Currently experiencing severe withdrawal.
  • Symptoms- Currently experiencing anhedonia, depersonalization/derealization, concentration/memory issues, chronic congestion, chronic dry eyes, dry skin, dislocated TMJ joint from teeth grinding during C/T withdrawal, waves of depression, anxiety, nausea, morning cortisol spikes, insomnia, agitation, food sensitivities, no tolerance for caffeine and chronic fatigue, burning muscle pain in upper and lower back and occasional tinninitus.
  • Supplements- Omega-3 fish oil supplement twice daily, 100 mg of magnesium once daily. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Hellbutrin said:

Thanks so much for your feedback UnfoldingSky!

 

What month did you notice your depression starting to lift? I had a REALLY bad wave in the beginning of November where I was having suicidal ideation and was terrified because I've never had depression before. I was originally taking Wellbutrin to help with my anxiety that was caused by starting graduate school two years ago. My panic attacks improved slightly when I had been taking the medication for a while, but then they started getting WAY worse after I had been on the medication for a little more than a year. At that point I started looking into the side effects of the medication and learned that one of the primary side effects of taking Wellbutrin is increased anxiety. To this day I still have a hard time fathoming why my doctor at the time would have prescribed me to a medication that could make my anxiety disorder worse. I'm just trying to get a rough idea for the kind of timeline I might be looking at, I know that we are all different, but knowing what other people have experienced gives me hope that I will recover in months rather than years. Did you have depressive symptoms, and what month did you notice them start to go away? What month did you notice your depersonalization/derealization starting to lift? How long have you been in withdrawal, and when did you notice progress towards recovery the most? Thanks for answering my questions and providing me with feedback from your personal experience, it helps a lot knowing that we aren't alone in this struggle! It's so easy to feel like this damage is permanent and that we are never going to recover. But our experience is relative and different from what an outside observer might see, so I'm trying to stay off of forums that speak to permanent damage, and get more encouragement from individuals that are experiencing recovery progress. Thanks again for your input!

hi I have not followed your story but its quite strange they prescribed Wellbutrin for anxiety instead of a benzo in my country Portugal they do the opposite  or they give you an SSRI

but since your depression only happen after Wellbutrin it will mostly  lift as soon as you stabilize I do advice you to do the following

  • Meditate (Helps tons)
  • Positive mindset (i know its hard when we are depressed but we have to do it )
  • Go out don't stay at home (even I sometimes fail this but for other reasons like the family is sick at the moment 
  • Distract your shelf whit Games, music, nature, etc 
  • remember This too shall pass
  • and ofc chat whit or wonderful staff members because they help a lot 

 

  1. Zoloft(Generic)100 mg From 06/06/2016 to 02/10/2016                         
  2. Lexapro(Generic) 20 MG From 03/10/2016 to 05/2017                               Supplements: Omega3 
  3. Lexapro (Generic) CT 05/2017 
  4. 6/08/17- reinstated 10mg Lexapro(Generic)(50%of original doses )
  5. 02/11/2017- 9 mg Lexapro(Generic) (10 % rule) (Homemade)
  6. 04/12/2017- 8.75mg Lexapro(Generic)(BrassMonkey slide)
  7. 19/12/2017- 8.5mg Lexapro(Generic)
  8. 06/02/2018- 8.35mg Lexapro (Generic)
  9. 16/2/2018- 8.22mg Lexapro(Generic)
  10. 25/2/2018- 8.09mg Lexapro (Generic)-05/03/2018- 7.9mg Lexapro (Generic)-28/03/2018-7.75mg Lexapro (Generic)-04/04/2018-7.66mg Lexapro (Generic)18/05/2018-7.64mg Lexapro (brand Liquid)
  11. 28/6/2018 7.50mg lexapro (Brand Liquid ) 15/7/2018 7.40 mg Lexapro(brand liquid) 7.30 mg Lexapro(Liquid) 27-07-2018
  12. Forgot to update this but i contiuned to taper down until 21/12/2019 and final dose was 1.3 mg  Time since Stoping  10 months, 4 days 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy