BrainDead: Constant dazed/intoxicated feeling

BrainDead

Hi people. 

After a fight with my brother in January, I was jailed. After getting bailed, I was put on a mandatory hold in the psyche ward to be evaluated.

The doctors started by giving me Zyprexa. Then they added Depakote. Finally they gave me a Haldol injection of 100mg. 

The month went by, and in February I took my second injection of Haldol. I didn't want to take it, because I was feeling very strange from the side effects, but the doctor kept threatening me that they would put me in a mandatory hold if I didn't take it.

A few days after the injection, I woke up and felt REALLY odd. I felt dazed. Everything looked different. Everything looked like it was sort of moving, and off balance. I then developed a Parkinsonism gate two weeks later, and I felt like I couldn't talk. It became hard to communicate with my family. I attached an image of exactly how I felt. 

Tl;dr: I haven't taken antipsychotics in 8 months, and I feel dazed, off balanced, as if I'm intoxicated all the time. What should I do about this problem? I can't find a solution. Please help me. This effect makes me feel very scared that the drugs may have caused permanent damage to my system. I always feel lethargic, tired, and brain dead emotionally.

Antipsychotics.jpg

• ChessieCat changed the title to BrainDead: Constant dazed/intoxicated feeling
  • Administrator

Welcome, braindead.

If I read your post correctly, you are now off all psychiatric drugs. That's good news.

These are very strong drugs and you were strongly affected by them. It will take some time for your nervous system to recover. 

We don't advise trying to correct this with other drugs, but with healthy habits and self-care. Our Symptoms and Self-Care forum has suggestions for this, such as these supplements that seem to help a lot of people, since they address common dietary lacks:

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

Edited by ChessieCat
corrected magnesium link

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I was given antipsychotics for bipolar on January 7th. I haven't taken any since March 2017 and am constantly tired and feel dazed, almost intoxicated. Does anyone else always feel tired?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah me too.. we have samr trouble

July 2017 - 3 shots = one of them haloperidol and only olanzapine 20mg  for 2 weeks , weight gained 

August 2017- waiting recovery from haloperidol , drug tapper 10mg ,weight gained , weak muscle

September 2017- drugs tapper 5mg weight gained , weak muscle

October 2017 - drugs free , no improvment from haldol   , weight gained , weak muscle

November 2017 - waiting haldol recovery since , weight gained , weak muscle

Hey. Do you still feel tired? Leg discharge from body?

July 2017 - 3 shots = one of them haloperidol and only olanzapine 20mg  for 2 weeks , weight gained 

August 2017- waiting recovery from haloperidol , drug tapper 10mg ,weight gained , weak muscle

October 2017 - drugs free , no improvment from haldol   , weight gained , weak muscle

All your symptoms are normal and could last a while, take good care of yourself, get support from here, there are amazing people in the same situation, you are not alone. Ali 

10 years citalopram 30mg- tapered down in December 15/2015- Jan 15/2016 to 20mg for two weeks, ten for one week and five for another week, then stopped, less then two weeks later, sheer hell broke lose with debilitating withdrawal symptoms.

Update-- reinstated 5mg of celexa on feb 5-- within hours noticed immediate difference in WD symptoms-- Holding holding and more holding.

Updose- March 23/16 too 10mg- relieved the harsher head symptoms- current symptoms headaches, dizzy, numbness and tingling in my head.

Benzos- 2015-Ativan on and off for 6 months 2mg- switched to clonazepam nov 2015- 2mg till Jan 2016 Zopiclone 7.5mg nov-dec 2015- was tapered off over 4weeks- Currently in protracted withdrawal. ????????????????????????????????

Update- ended up in the hospital April 18/16 major suicidal ( never had that before) was admitted/ been there ever since, put me back to full dose celexa 30mg no drugs added, IAM FINALLY STABLE AFTER 3 months of tortuous hell. Got a great physiatrist that new all about WD, he will help me taper properly in a couple of months at 5% deductions holding 8 weeks. I never want to relive that hell again.

Udate- stable and holding, doing things slowly is key.

brain dead hw are you ?

Did you still feel weak?

Hows your drive seks?

On 11/5/2017 at 6:00 PM, Zharul said:

brain dead hw are you ?

Did you still feel weak?

Hows your drive seks?

Feeling bad everyday.

Feeling weak everyday.