neurotransmission: Went off lexapro cold turkey 5 day and no withdrawal

neurotransmission

Hi guys im gonna show you my intresting story, im not a long time ssri user and my withrawal may be not happen or wil be minimal. But my experience can help you guys to survive withrawal.

this escitalopram thing is worked like a charm on me 2 hours after poping first 5mg pill.   its aiitng like a benzo on me may be because of proven ''synergistic and on set speed up'' properties of my gym suplements. 

when i and my gf realized my male member* is getting smaller and im having wrinkles all over my face i freaked out and went cold turkey. i was using 2.5mg ritalin + 25mg sildenafil before sex on 10mg because it is making my libido disappear its giving priapism a wrong time long erection.

Used about 11 weeks of 10mg lexapro for anxiety and depression   first 3 weeks was 5mg  .

went off cold turkey today 5. day and no brain zaps no dysphoria, libido is going highger day by day and feeling a little euphoric.

when i was on i was careless as hell but now im a little bit less careless.

may be i will experience withrawal   later BUT :

im  using  these things on and off about 2 years :

50 to 200mg zinc 

200 - 100mg magnesium

sulbutiamine, thiamine, hydroxocobalamine

5 grams creatine

1-5 grams of fish oil

300-1000 ml filter coffe every morning

1800mg (3x600)  to 10800mg (3x3600) NAC  going off for 3-5 days and restarting

pseudoephedrine, ritalin sometimes as needed

drinking loads of water

im going gym 3 times fullbody, other days doing gpp work, have very high work capacity (good for my adhd) and im very strong.

i dont know what is responsible for my ''no withrawal as now'' story  but there is studies about pshcopharmalogic effects of these things you know and creatine is speeding up onset effect of ssris and synergistic nac magnesium zinc fish oil too.

if i feel bad i will write here and inform you guys. may be this can be helpful for other people just pop these suplemental pils  and get rid of ssri without or minimal withrawal.

edit:  BTW    im 78kg (172lbs) %15-18 bf and athletic as hell.

may be my diet is important too because when i started listening dr charles parker  and eat shitlaods of protein and carbs at breakfast my adhd drug started to work at very very low dosages.

my diet is  about 2800 to 3600 calories as i bulk cut or maintain- recomp

daily 150 gram protein,   daily 25-45 grams of fat maximum. majority of it come from egg yolk and taking fish oils you know.

my macros like 

morning :  70-100 gram protein from egg whites, one egg white,fatless milk, bread.etc   1 kilos of fruit + 1-2 vegetable  white bread, honey..etc   just 300 grams of carbs. 

afternoon or evening : 70-50 gram protein- 100-200 grams of carbs, little fat. a lot of fruits, vegetables.

dont eat this amount of carb as a sedentary people you can get insulin resistance eat around your TDEE at healty bodyfat.

Edited by ChessieCat
rephrased wording * to make it suitable
  • ChessieCat changed the title to neurotransmission: Went off lexapro cold turkey 5 day and no withdrawal
  • Administrator

Welcome, neurotransmission.

Some people do not experience significant withdrawal symptoms. It's possible you are one of them, it's hard to attribute this to any specific supplements.

Since you have gone on and off a number of psychiatric drugs, if I were you, I'd assume your nervous system is somewhat vulnerable, and be very, very careful about taking neuroactive drugs in the future. The more of these changes your nervous system experiences, the more likely it is you will get adverse drug reactions.

I certainly hope your quitting your drugs goes well. Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thanks, im good now. I went drug free now  ritalin gave me pernament cognitive boost at past and i started to do hard academic thing without it. i dont know this ssri deleted this good gains i will learn when i start my master thesis.  I noticed this ssri drugs are very harmfull to sodium,hydration and mineral metabolism. My muscle hydration is coming back slowly but i look a little bit dehydrated. Before this when i eat a salty pasta i was getting huge pump in gym, sweet bloat on my face but i lost this ability during treathment. I hope i can gain back full of it. :(  it was in prospectus but i noticed it very late (sayin this drug can lower sodium levels) 

Its known that fish oil, ibuprofen and specially celecoxib has antidepressant properties throuth cox inhibition pathway on some people and they have synergistic ssri boosting effects too, there is studies showing this. There are a lot of anoctodes reporting better effect from lower ssri dosages with this aproach.  Can be helpfull during taper off  but should be cautious about blood thinning effect specially for fish oil.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496103

nac you know its antidepressant, anti OCD by itself proven with studies and its lowering minimum ssri effective dose : (can be very usefull during taper off )

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23419244

For zinc : 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3796297/

creatine speeding up onset effect :

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4624319/

btw im feeling ''careless,calming'' effect of 5mg escitalopram in 1 hours after first dosage, acting like a benzo for me.

There is a lot of studies clinical/neuroscience/human/rats...  i just putted couple of them. im not saying it will work but these are cohoices we got.