SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Australia running out of tablets

Terry4949

I have been talking to a friend who lives in Australia she is currently taking cymbalta , but Australia have run out , she and many others are now going c/t as the pharmacy have run dry and they say that it will be not untill December untill the country restores there supply , she is being suffered to go c/ t and is in absolute distress having been a week without them , many people take it for pain and other various ailments not just depression , but she takes it for depression , she said her local pharmacy had 30 packets left and had outstanding orders for 300 people at that one pharmacy alone , that is scary , how many people are going to be harmed by this , imagine if they just stopped making a drug because they realised that it was doing more harm than good not allowing people to do tapers , the pharmacy where she lives can’t even get them from other pharmacy due to the short supplies , she is now being forced to see if she can get them online from some overseas company via the Internet , frightening that this can happen 

2001 to jan 2015 Effexor 150 mg 

jan 2015 15 mg mirtazapine 20 mg quetiapine 

feb 2015 quetiapine stopped 

feb 2015 30 mg of citalopram added 

feb 2015 mirtazapine increased to 30 mg 

july 2015 citalopram stopped 

sept 2015 200mg of pregabalin 

jan 2017 mirtazapine stopped

jan 2017 20 mg fluoxetine

march 2017 all meds stopped 

33 minutes ago, caperjackie said:

O..... M ......G ........... do we have any Auzzie members going through this?

I have spoken to my friend today and she has been told that they will be supplying another similar antidepressant to help combat the short fall , and it’s ok to supplement one for another , where have we heard that before , she said some pharmacist in adalaide have still got a few but it seems to be a wide spread problem , not good 

2001 to jan 2015 Effexor 150 mg 

jan 2015 15 mg mirtazapine 20 mg quetiapine 

feb 2015 quetiapine stopped 

feb 2015 30 mg of citalopram added 

feb 2015 mirtazapine increased to 30 mg 

july 2015 citalopram stopped 

sept 2015 200mg of pregabalin 

jan 2017 mirtazapine stopped

jan 2017 20 mg fluoxetine

march 2017 all meds stopped 

This both shocks and appalls me Terry ........... in some cases the generic versions are OK but we have seen folk on here who had trouble switching to a generic version of their AD ..... how dreadful for you friend and all of the people over there forced to endure this ........

• 1 month later...

Yes, it is definitely true. A true nightmare. We are seeing lots of posts in my Facebook group Cymbalta Hurts Worse. I have written to 60 minutes Australia and asking members to write their legislators and media outlets. This could be really bad and I am not an alarmist by nature. 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy