President Trump takes on Big Pharma

fema4psychiatrists

It's happening for real. The start of tackling America's drug and pharma problem. Next promise being delivered. God Bless America. He slapped down the fake news media in his explosive first press conference stating there are too many drug reps hanging round congress and immediately signed an executive order banning these lobbyists in congress. He also mentioned in that explosive first press interview of big pharma 'They are literally making a killing'. He promised he would tackle the opoid crisis... and now he is

Maybe now is the time to try as hard as possible to get in touch. After all he also promised... forgotten people of America... You will never be forgotten again

Cocktail drugged since 9

Genitals went numb

Extreme intestinal gas and pain

Extreme anxiety cant concentrate

All permanent

Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD)

http://pssdblog.blogspot.com

wow

thanks for posting.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

I would not look to Trump for answers on this or anything else. For one thing, he declared it a "Public Health Emergency". This is different than a "National Emergency". There's almost no funding for a Public Health Emergency and it will involve Congress having to work together to fund it. Congress is currently working to take away the Affordable Care Act, which will remove millions of Americas from having affordable access to healthcare, so it's unlikely Trump and his right-wing austerity Congress are going to vote to add money to a Public Health Emergency.

For more on the Public Health Emergency versus National Emergency:

In Opioid Crisis, Public Health Emergency Vs. National Emergency

Note in that interview this line:  "The public health community has come around to the view that the best way to help most people is through medication-assisted treatment." 

In other words, to get people off opioids, they need other drugs. If you look at what goes on in drug detoxes, people go in on what set of drugs (in this case opioids) and come out on others (antidepressants, benzos, antipsychotics, etc.). 

In the video the OP posted,  note that Trump is speaking in terms of the outdated "just say 'no'" reasoning beyond drug addiction. This idiotic rhetoric is what fueled mass incarceration back in the 90s, especially for people of color. It was the wrong thing to do then, and it's the wrong thing now. For more:

Neuroscientist Dr. Carl Hart: People Are Dying in Opioid Crisis Because of Politicians’ Ignorance 

The best way I've found to tell if the news coverage is truthful is to look for key concepts. In the Dr. Carl Hart link I just posted, Dr. Hart says, "But one way we can deal with the deaths, the major concern—another way we can deal is just make naloxone, which is an opioid blocker, make it more available. One of the things that has happened in recent years is that pharmaceutical companies have jacked the price up of naloxone, an old drug that’s been here since the 1960s. I mean, if Congress really wanted to do something, if the president really wanted to do something, he would hold those pharmaceutical companies accountable for increasing the price of naloxone, when the price of naloxone should be really cheap. That’s one of the things he can do. But people are focused on the money and not focused on being smart."

So he's advocating holding the pharmaceutical industry accountable. 

That last link also had a clip from Jeff Sessions, who is the current US Attorney General. He is an advocate of the outdated War on Drugs, as he said about the KKK in the 80's, they "were OK until I found out they smoked pot.” This is the mentality of the current leaders of the US government and their misguided views on drugs and addiction. 

Until we as a society are able to bring big pharma to full accountability, we will have massive problems with drugs. Until we as a society are able to end income inequality and deal with trauma by means other than drugs (meaning AD's, AP's, benzos, opioids, etc), then we will have massive problems with drugs. 

A great Ted Talk by investigative journalist Johann Hari to sum this up: 

Johann Hari - Everything you think you know about addiction is wrong

Edited by Shep

They have already prosecuted the biggest ever opoid fraud ring trial including doctors since President Trump's been in. I don't know why you are advocating a universal healthcare system that wants everyone hooked on pharma drugs. I am not sure if you are listening to what President Trump is saying and instead focusing on what attorney Jeff Sessions did or didn't do in the past. He just said as he delivers on his other promises unlike other politicans that he is prioritising and gonna keep them in check to make a non-addictive pain releif as a priority....

For now naxo or whatever is all they have got and we are acting immediately. This is way better than political crooks of the past, can you imagine obama or hillary or bushy doing this,.... noo its all a secret.

We have an ear and somebody to keep those crooks off our backs, we have no choice moving forward but to use this once in a lifetime opportunity. Crooked Hitlery may be back quicker than we think with her contuination of 'universal healthcare'.

PS: I looked at the pot smoking kkk comment and guess what it was a joke.... it shouldn't need explaining what the punchline is. enough of the fake news. big pharma and universal healthcare your time is done.

Cocktail drugged since 9

Genitals went numb

All permanent

• Moderator Emeritus
3 minutes ago, fema4psychiatrists said:

They have already prosecuted the biggest ever opoid fraud ring trial including doctors since President Trump's been in.

Please post information on this. 

3 minutes ago, fema4psychiatrists said:

I don't know why you are advocating a universal healthcare system that wants everyone hooked on pharma drugs.

Where did I advocate a universal healthcare system? The Affordable Care Act is not a universal healthcare system. It's an insurance program.

4 minutes ago, fema4psychiatrists said:

I am not sure if you are listening to what President Trump is saying and instead focusing on what attorney Jeff Sessions did or didn't do in the past. He just said as he delivers on his other promises unlike other politicans that he is prioritising and gonna keep them in check to make a non-addictive pain releif as a priority....

Again, please list sources for your claim that "he delivers on his other promises" and specific examples.

I not only listened to what Trump said, I backed up my argument with other opposing news sources. I don't speak in generalities, but in facts. Please cite your sources for how he is "gonna keep them in check to make a non-addictive pain relief a priority".  This is a campaign promise that isn't panning out. It also didn't pan out for prior presidents and prior administrations. It's systemic. 

8 minutes ago, fema4psychiatrists said:

We have an ear and somebody to keep those crooks off our backs, we have no choice moving forward but to use this once in a lifetime opportunity. Crooked Hitlery may be back quicker than we think with her contuination of 'universal healthcare'.

I live in the US and I've gone through times when I didn't have health insurance and needed to rely on public assistance. So I am a fan of universal healthcare. But that's not the point of your thread. It was on Trump's speech placing the opioid crisis in the venue of a Public Health Emergency.  Please take a look at the links I posted. As I wrote, what Trump is advocating is a Public Health Emergency, not a National Emergency and there's no funding for the Public Health Emergency.  

3 articles on the prior $1billion dollar charges against doctors and others 

https://www.rt.com/usa/396257-opioids-healthcare-fraud-crackdown/

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/u-s-combats-opioids-major-medical-fraud-crackdown-n782591

https://www.statnews.com/2017/07/13/federal-crackdown-opioid-fraud/

President Trump promises to sign executive order banning lobbyists ("pharma has a lot of lobbyists, pharma getting away with murder")

https://youtu.be/lIXcjVYS-uI

President Trump signs executive order banning lobyists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaaJ27xkh5U

President Trump promises to smash the hell out of Isis
In video above and pre-election promises

President Trump works with allies and military to militarily defeat ISIS and force them into the virtual world
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OT3Oz30x-Y

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/655480/isil-isis-daesh-islamic-state-raqqa-defeated-syria-iraq-united-states

President Trump promises to confront Islamic Jihadi immigration 'unvetted' inflitration

President Trump signs a bill set up by the Obama administration to temporarily halt travel from high Islamic terrorism countries

President Trump promises to restore and bring jobs back to America

President Trump brings jobs back to America

https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2017/aug/04/us-dollar-grand-jury-non-farm-payroll-jobs-business-live

President Trump promises to secure the border and build a wall

President Trump secures border control and begins wall prototype
http://www.businessinsider.com/border-patrol-drop-in-undocumented-immigration-donald-trump-2017-7?IR=T

President Trump promises withdrawal from global TTP economic trade raqueteering scam 

President Trump dismantles TTP scam as his first executive order on his first day in office
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/23/donald-trump-first-orders-trans-pacific-partnership-tpp

We are used to politicians that don't keep their promises. This one actually delivers on loads. Congress is the next piece of lying establishment crooks to go.

President Trump promised he would tackle the opoid crisis pre-election, a ring has been charged and he is not afraid to take on big pharma. We better make sure he does.

Cocktail drugged since 9

Genitals went numb

All permanent

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you, Fema4. The links are helpful for discussions. 

The first link (Opioids healthcare fraud crackdown) mentions two things that are concerning:

"This year’s operation has resulted in arrests of 412 individuals, including 56 doctors, who are accused of defrauding taxpayers of approximately $1.3 billion, said Sessions. Over 200 healthcare providers are in the process of being suspended or banned from participating in federal healthcare programs, such as Medicare and Medicaid."

"Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Tom Price, however, was optimistic about treatment possibilities, bringing up a vaccine for addiction the National Institutes of Health (NIH) are working on, and some non-euphoric pain medication currently in development."

I'm concerned that the arrests were of individuals and doctors, but no one in the pharmaceutical industry. This plays into the rules of "too big to fail" that Wall Street plays by. 

Also, it's concerning that  treatment options involve even more pharmaceuticals (such as the vaccine). Please see the Johann Hari video I posted in my first post on this thread for why we need to work on the bigger societal problems to end addiction. Adding more pharmaceuticals isn't the answer. Besides, there's already naloxone, which has only seen increases in pricing. Will the vaccine be handled any differently? Keep in mind the systemic problems that prevent any real change from happening. 

Are you familiar with the work of Mind Freedom? You have many previous threads on ending the massive drugging of children (and thank you for posting that information - it's much needed). And what these articles you posted reminded me of is Mind Freedom's work because they couldn't go after the drug industry, so they went after medicaid fraud to try to curb the massive drugging of foster kids:

PsychRights Launches Campaign Against Medicaid Fraud With Model Lawsuit

This is what's being done at the grassroots level because there isn't much else they can do. But to have top government officials who really could go after the pharma industry not do so, I find disturbing. Your first three links are all about medicaid / medicare fraud, which is a problem, but they really could - and should - go after the pharmaceutical industry. 

So I'm not that impressed with what is currently taking place within the current administration or within previous ones, either. This is a problem that goes back decades and is very systemic in nature. 

As far as banning lobbyists goes, it has some pros and some cons, as all things in politics go: 

Trump lobbying ban weakens Obama rules

It will be interesting to watch this administration play out, but so far, I don't see anything remotely near what we really need to have a healthy society. We need jobs, but the new jobs that are being created are mostly temporary, low pay, and without healthcare. It's been termed "the gig economy". And that's a problem.

• Administrator

I'm sorry, I'm very, very skeptical that this pronouncement is anything but window dressing. The current US administration has not delivered one iota of consumer protections; in fact, it has dismantled many of them.

In every single case except those connected to media, the Trump administration has been making extravagant gifts to business and industry. It may make noise about it to garner popularity but will not punish Big Pharma.

Please do not post any more "news" about Trump administration actions unless they actually do something to protect consumers and patients. Any further posts of this kind will be subject to a warning.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• ChessieCat changed the title to President Trump takes on Big Pharma

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy