PSVT

PSVT: Misdiagnosis ... because every ill must be anxiety, stress and depression?

LexAnger

Hi psvt,

your post to aeroman thread about your 20 min window brought me to your main intro page. I had the exact experience about the tiny window at month 5 off.

my god, I'm speechless after reading what you went through multiple severe drug reactions! I'm proud of you with the determination of not going back to those poisons rather touching it out being meds free. I had multiple reactions to lexapro updose but stayed on it for a while before stopping for  fear of WD.

this most horrodous battle is beyond words can describe, but please keep the faith that we will all heal eventually. I found Trying to be more positive helps with healing, even  I know so well sometimes you just can't be positive as the damage by these poisons are actually making it impossible. But try your best whenever possible, it helps.

we stopped the drug around the same time, I will be following you from now on. I don't come here much any more but update every month or so.

hope you get more wider windows and few shorter waves, and I believe you will!!

lex 

PSVT
On ‎7‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 7:43 PM, Longestroadhome said:

Hi PSVT, wow what a story. It doesn’t surprise me but it still upsets me when I hear things like this. I am glad you finally got a diagnosis but sorry you were put through hell. 

I am a slow withdrawer of meds. I don’t know what it’s like to CT but after reading many stories here I am thankful I didn’t do that. It is still hard coming off slowly but perhaps the landing is softer. 

I find the wondows come come more often once I have reached the 4 month phase after a cut. And usually they follow a particularly bad day. Not always but a lot of the time!  I pray you will start to see more windows in your journey. 

Thank You for your prayers.

I am still unwell and just past the five months mark. Missing out on so much life and struggling with the idea of ever getting well again. So tired, physically, mentally, emotionally, all of it. I have heard and read so many stories of people who CT, rapid taper or slow taper and to be honest I am unsure if there is really a right way to go about it given all of their experiences. Everyone IS different but I am really scared of the promises that EVERYONE DOES HEAL. I am not sure anymore..........

PSVT
14 hours ago, LexAnger said:

Hi psvt,

your post to aeroman thread about your 20 min window brought me to your main intro page. I had the exact experience about the tiny window at month 5 off.

my god, I'm speechless after reading what you went through multiple severe drug reactions! I'm proud of you with the determination of not going back to those poisons rather touching it out being meds free. I had multiple reactions to lexapro updose but stayed on it for a while before stopping for  fear of WD.

this most horrodous battle is beyond words can describe, but please keep the faith that we will all heal eventually. I found Trying to be more positive helps with healing, even  I know so well sometimes you just can't be positive as the damage by these poisons are actually making it impossible. But try your best whenever possible, it helps.

we stopped the drug around the same time, I will be following you from now on. I don't come here much any more but update every month or so.

hope you get more wider windows and few shorter waves, and I believe you will!!

lex 

Thanks Lexanger

I was very very ill about a week after I started Pristiq and I told my GP numerous times but she just said to "keep going" as it takes about 6-8 weeks to kick in and start working. When after that time she saw what a mess I was in it was obvious she was in too far over her head and didn't know what to do so she handballed me off to a psychiatrist. I also started seeing psychologist after I was off all drugs that I was seeing a few years back but, although he understood discontinuation syndrome, he didn't really get it because I was in the throws of major panic attacks and unnatural anxiety every day from the chemical torture and chemical anxiety/panic he continued to try and find the "smoking gun" being childhood trauma or some other BS even though I kept telling him that my anxiety was from the "meds" and nothing else. So I stopped going because he was freaking me out more and that was also when my agoraphobia starting kicking in.

I can forgive my GP for the first time of prescribing me Lexapro because my SVT heart problems could not be diagnosed because of the inconsistency of the episodes and the only way that it can be diagnosed is via an ECG and so even I started to believe I must have some deep rooted anxiety issues nonetheless I am flabbergasted at how she can then diagnose me with Major depression disorder and give me the harsh drug of Prisitiq even after my heart episodes had finally been found. I have been hard on myself about this also but I am no coming to terms that it was not my fault and that I was also dealing with withdrawal from Lexapro and very easily suggestable and vulnerable  although I did put up a pretty good fight but I succumbed to taking them.......and am I paying for this now.

Everyone in my life is still telling me to get back on the meds but I wont, I cant. they tell I'm depressed and I say no ****, I'm as sick as a dog because of the meds. I just hope I have the strength to get through this because it is waning..........I really need to start seeing some windows for motivation. Like I just wrote in my previous post to Longroad I am starting to question this everyone heals thing........??? I am not so sure anymore!

LexAnger

I know how you feel and you have all the right to be angry about what happened and others did to you! It took me 2 whole year to overcome the grief before full acceptance when the healing started. I also totally understand the hopelessness while in deepest water of this hell like no other, I was there for 5 whole years and am still in depth of it. I kept reading success stories to keep my faith in this long journey and the recently tiny windows gives me hope that, regardless how long it takes, our brain will find its home state. From what I experienced first hand for so many years fighting this incredible battle, for those who reacted badly to these drugs, going back is not an option so we have no other options but keep going.  The tiny windows and hopefully some other improvement (even they are so hard to notice such as symptoms not as intense or consistent) you experienced are the true signs of healing.

you must know where to find the success stories in this forum, you can also check the benzo buddies site for lots more great success stories.

PSVT
Posted (edited)

8 Months 4 days off...........8 months 4 days..........................

I have nothing to say............everyone else has or will say it already.

It is relentless..........apparently TIME is the HEALER. Well FATHER TIME, hurry up already. 

My "humanness" and everything that connects me to the living world is gone. There is no connection to the living.........Mother Earth........

The Energy that binds us all, human, plants, animals, nature together.......Quantum Mechanics if you will......gone! 

Inhumane and barbaric torture brought about by fraudulent "medicine" imposed upon us by money hungry grubs with a GOD complex.

I have never been one for this "hocus pocus" type thinking because I was too busy living, working, raising kids, building businesses, building houses, having sex, going out being relatively healthy (other than my PSVT)and being a part of this world rarely thinking about existential ponderings but, now that I have been cut off from this I now know that there is some sort of "energy" that connects us to being human, nature and all things.

I have spent many an hour contemplating my "revenge" on my doctor but now I don't really care for her as there is no way I could ever change her narcissistic cavalier attitude and now just want to be well as this has affected me (and many of my fellow comrades) and my family in ways that no human should have to endure, the symptoms, both mental and physical is unadulterated to say the least.

Missing Birthdays, Xmas, Easter, Wedding Anniversary, picnics and on and on and on while my Doctor is on her third trip overseas since she threw me into this debacle!

Anyway, back to dealing with this "Fear" and "anxiety" and twitching muscles and nausea and GI issues while I wait for time to pass, hoping that Full recovery eventually turns up one day.....................

Anthony

Edited by ChessieCat
removed obscenities

PSVT
Posted (edited)

Coincidence...….

Be it Professor Ashton's Birthday, W-BAD and my 9 months anniversary of being off psych meds, a.k.a poison, I find myself here (and benzo buddies) again reading the stories of all those harmed by these ignorant, uneducated, narcissistics with a God complex only to find out that my very own of a doctor is off for a whole month travelling the world again (for the fourth time since she misdiagnosed me and sent me to reside with the devil himself). I am deeply hurt and saddened to see the quantity of people so ill, so sick and scared almost to the point of believing they are "out of their mind" or thinking that they are going to be, Hell, I have thought the same thing myself many a time.

Thankfully over the past couple of days I have had some relief in symptoms even with an air of confidence and positivity that this might actually all go away eventually. Intrusive thoughts are lessening ( but not gone), energy levels are increasing (slightly), internal vibrations are starting to feel more isolated to body parts (instead of entire body), my GI issues are calming down (slowly) and the elevated anxiety and fear levels are also starting to dissipate. Tinnitus and muscle twitching still sucks Balls though!!!! At one stage a few months back I could not even have a shower because of pain, tingling and fear and now......I deeply enjoy this most mundane and taken for granted thing that I can spend a long time in there now just allowing the hot water flow over me.....remarkable.

I need to acknowledge the one other than my family to get me through this to this point....Baylissa Fredericks....she is relentless in her efforts to maintain everyone's thoughts on healing......her energy and spirit is remarkable and truly is of super human proportions.

That's enough of my rant today, obviously still need to address my hatred of the medical community at the moment and most specifically my (ex) GP. 

I am still thinking of how I am going to pay it forward once all the dust settles, hopefully it will be something more significant and in addition to just

writing a success story and hanging around for awhile to help those in the thick of it.....anyway, first I got to get well!

Continued healing to all of you,, those tapering, those who have recently jumped and those that are now some time away from the drugs.

Anthony

Edited by ChessieCat
removed obscenities

Hopetobefree

So happy to hear that you're getting some relief from the withdrawals Anthony you definitely deserve it! It gives me hope that things can change for the better for me too as I'm about 5 months behind you in this torture. Rough day today for me lots of dark and sad thoughts that I'll never heal. I'm sitting on the beach alone while my husband is exploring the beach with the girls. Another day where I feel so useless as a mum and wife that I can't join in with their fun. But I wanted to say thank you for mentioning Baylissa Frederick because I joined her site and had a phone counselling session the other day. She really helped reaffirm that we all heal no matter what. She's helped 10,000 people now. It's going to be the hardest time of our lives but we will be so much happier for it. I've just started a counselling course (crazy I know) I don't know if I can get through it but have been putting it off for years because of the iatrogenic damage I've endured. If I finish the course I will make it my aim to help get people of theses poisons safely. I will also like to start a class action here in Australia against the pharmaceutical companies once I'm well enough and have my confidence back. I've already spoken to a few fellow Aussie sufferers who would support this. It's about making as much noise as possible because too many people are dying or have there lives severely impacted by these meds world wide. I know without a doubt this torture is why my 18 year old brother took his life! 

Hopefully you've had some more positive changes in the past fortnight. Take care,

Hope

PSVT
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:14 PM, Hopetobefree said:

So happy to hear that you're getting some relief from the withdrawals Anthony you definitely deserve it! It gives me hope that things can change for the better for me too as I'm about 5 months behind you in this torture. Rough day today for me lots of dark and sad thoughts that I'll never heal. I'm sitting on the beach alone while my husband is exploring the beach with the girls. Another day where I feel so useless as a mum and wife that I can't join in with their fun. But I wanted to say thank you for mentioning Baylissa Frederick because I joined her site and had a phone counselling session the other day. She really helped reaffirm that we all heal no matter what. She's helped 10,000 people now. It's going to be the hardest time of our lives but we will be so much happier for it. I've just started a counselling course (crazy I know) I don't know if I can get through it but have been putting it off for years because of the iatrogenic damage I've endured. If I finish the course I will make it my aim to help get people of theses poisons safely. I will also like to start a class action here in Australia against the pharmaceutical companies once I'm well enough and have my confidence back. I've already spoken to a few fellow Aussie sufferers who would support this. It's about making as much noise as possible because too many people are dying or have there lives severely impacted by these meds world wide. I know without a doubt this torture is why my 18 year old brother took his life! 

Hopefully you've had some more positive changes in the past fortnight. Take care,

Hope

Hi Hope

Baylissa has been an angel for me, especially when the proverbial "S**t hit the fan" stage and I had no idea of what was going on other than I had definitely lost my mind! Glad you have got some benefit and validation.

Given this trauma you (and all) have to endure I believe you will be to complete your counselling course and having first hand real life experience like Baylissa……….. what a great counsellor you will make.

I myself have looked into starting a foundation to help sufferers and raise awareness of this unfathomable thing that is rampant world wide so once this is over we will need to look into "giving back". I know that Big Pharma and the Medico's have money so, raising money to fight these guys at their level is what I would like to accomplish. A fair fight, as right now we have very little chance because they just influence to many outlets to protect the old cash cow.

Sorry for you brother, this is unnecessary torture but given the thoughts that I've had over the past months I understand how this can happen.

PSVT
Posted (edited)

10 months 2 days off...….yes, TEN MONTHS and TWO DAYS.

UN-BELEIVABLE!!!!!!!!!!

Unadulterated torture.

Fear, Anxiety, Intrusive thoughts, Muscle twitches, GI Issues, fatigue, anhedonia and on and on it goes.

Do we all heal?  Apparently yes, everybody says so, other than the doctors! They say we are mentally ill, underlying issues, need meds to treat the chemical imbalance, need to go to a mental facility.  But I never had this crap before I started eating this poison. Now my actual medical diagnosis (that was resolved with surgery) is now my underlying illness? What tha….?

Career gone. I don't even want to calculate the damage this has done to my finances but it is well over 1/4 million dollars allowing for lost income, investments divested and opportunity lost and I have no idea when I am going to be well. Don't get me started of hours wasted in torment of not being in the world, out and about, doing the mundane every day ordinary things that people do.

Baylissa

Matt Samet

Professor Ashton

Ian SIngleton

Una Corbett

Aeroman

Pug

Bellisimo

Don KIllian

Luke Montagu

Dr Peter Breggin

(and all the success stories)

They all say we all get better but, I still doubt that full recovery is doable, and when I get moments of positivity where I think "maybe, maybe I will get through this and will get my soul back, symptoms will go and I can continue being a father and raise my daughters" it quickly gets swallowed up in despair as I am confined to my own personal mental torture chamber and a body that is stuck in a "hard labour" prison sentence.

Well I cant get well again listening to the doctors, so I will have to continue with the blind faith of those out there in the ethernet (that I have never met and probably never will) that this will end with more time and space from the poison. 

Keep Truckin Peeps!

Edited by ChessieCat
removed obscenities

Martina23

PSVT, it will get better. It is not everything gone by me, but there is a lot of gone by now.

jozeff

Hello psvt 

I'm so sorry that you had to go through all this! I just finished reading your story and it's just tremendously awful what you have experienced. 

I'm in celexa withdrawal myself. From 25 to 16.5 mg in 85 days and feeling absolutely s..t

How fast did you taper from 20 my cita in April 2017?

They all say healing is for everyone but that's hard to believe sometimes.

I wish you all the best from the other side of the earth (Netherlands). 

Best wishes and hope you get well really soon!!

Jozeff

PSVT
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:23 PM, jozeff said:

Hello psvt 

I'm so sorry that you had to go through all this! I just finished reading your story and it's just tremendously awful what you have experienced. 

I'm in celexa withdrawal myself. From 25 to 16.5 mg in 85 days and feeling absolutely s..t

How fast did you taper from 20 my cita in April 2017?

They all say healing is for everyone but that's hard to believe sometimes.

I wish you all the best from the other side of the earth (Netherlands). 

Best wishes and hope you get well really soon!!

Jozeff

Hi Jozeff

Only over a couple of weeks, Doctors advice and I had no better understanding if how dangerous and toxic these drugs are!

Please be careful of that Benzodiazepine you are using, also very addictive and with terrible side effects and withdrawal syndromes.

Regards

Anthony

PSVT

11 months, 1 day...……………………...do the crime do the time...……….hang on, I did nothing wrong! Falsely accused and wrongly committed!

TIME! TIME! and some more TIME...….

Improvements? Yes. Almost imperceptible but improvements nonetheless. 

Waves? Yes, some awful horrors! Nothing short of inhumane torment, torture and anguish.

Still homebound and logging the hours till I get paroled from this sentence. Herion ain't got nothing on this crap to ruin someone's life.

Keep on trucking!

Edited by ChessieCat
removed obscenity

PSVT

Happy Anniversary...….1 yr......12 months......three hundred and sixty five days off.

Not much to say really...…………….same sh*t, different day. Might change my name to Punxsutawney Phil.

Hope of recovery is fading, and I don't want to hear that "youre only 12 months off, still early in this, withdrawal can last years"

Torment, torture, anguish and pain continue.

Edited by ChessieCat
removed obscenity

jozeff

Ok psvt,

Congratulations! You made it. One year without this sh.t.

It's criminal that you are still suffering so much. Do you think it's WD from pristiq or sensitivity to Lexapro you are having the most trouble with?

Your story seems to be a little more positive so you are definitely on the right track. I hope you are going to be better soon and you will be the dad and the person again who you want to be. I'm trying to come off of citalopram and my wife and little boy have been suffering too much also unfortunately.

I didn't get your Punxsutawney joke but hey.......I'm from the Netherlands!

have a great day and heal a little more?

Cheers

jozeff

ChessieCat
7 minutes ago, jozeff said:

I didn't get it either, I'm from Australia, and had to look it up:

From wiki:  Punxsutawney Phil Sowerby is the name of a groundhog in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania.

And the movie Groundhog Day where the same day keeps repeating whenever the guy wakes up.

PSVT
15 minutes ago, jozeff said:

Ok psvt,

Congratulations! You made it. One year without this sh.t.

It's criminal that you are still suffering so much. Do you think it's WD from pristiq or sensitivity to Lexapro you are having the most trouble with?

Your story seems to be a little more positive so you are definitely on the right track. I hope you are going to be better soon and you will be the dad and the person again who you want to be. I'm trying to come off of citalopram and my wife and little boy have been suffering too much also unfortunately.

have a great day and heal a little more?

Cheers

jozeff

Hi Jozeff

Thanks for your kind words, they are appreciated. I am sorry that not only you but your family suffer this tragedy as well. Truly heartbreaking the reach of tentacles of Big Pharma and ignorant doctors.

Without doubt it is the Pristiq, I had a terrible reaction to it within a handful of days of taking this garbage and have not been the same since, and I asked my GP to get me off it but she said to "keep going, keep going, it takes 8 weeks to kick in" and this idiot (namely me who did not listen to his gut instincts) believed my doctor.

As the saying goes....Hindsight is always 20/20 vision

Now as far as Punxsutawney Phil...…..Maybe its a generation or cultural gap but you really need to see the movie...Groundhog Day!

A light comedy (good for withdrawal) and succinctly accounts for the monotonous struggle of getting through what seems a never ending journey.

Aka: Withdrawal

PSVT
24 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

I didn't get it either, I'm from Australia, and had to look it up:

From wiki:  Punxsutawney Phil Sowerby is the name of a groundhog in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania.

And the movie Groundhog Day where the same day keeps repeating whenever the guy wakes up.

You have not seen this movie? This is why everyone (most people) refer to withdrawal as groundhog day...….the same day keeps repeating whenever they wake up.

And yes, Punxsutawney Phil was a way to reference "Groundhog day". I am Australian also but, without going too in depth, Phil (the groundhog) decides if winter is going to be extended a further 6 weeks if he sees his shadow and returns to his hole.

Anyway...…………..

ChessieCat
35 minutes ago, PSVT said:

You have not seen this movie?

Yes I have seen the movie but didn't know the name.

jozeff

Ok now it's clear!

I'm 42 years old and I have seen this movie long time ago. Love bill Murray.

In the Netherlands we are pretty focussed on the US but we also  have a lot of different countries and cultures around us. 

I'll watch this movie again! Thanks for the tip. This WD feels like every day the same misery again sometimes that's for sure

Jozeff

ChessieCat

Or as JanCarol would say, rinse and repeat.

AbbyElfie

MAN, this makes me mad! (and I've been trying to practice forgiveness and acceptance lol...will start again now). I can't believe you went through all this, and you weren't even 'mentally ill' remotely to begin with. It's just....gaaaaa, this system. It's just awful, you have shown great strength. No idea how you cope with a family and relationship on top of all this.

The thing about healing, I've come to believe, is that no, not everyone heals. Not everyone gets this nice life after any kind of trauma, not everyone improves significantly. That's the way it is. HOWEVER, everyone has the POTENTIAL. In fact, realistically, our brains, minds,bodies and consciousness has an unlimited capacity to create miracles, to evolve, expand, heal, grow. Whatever. We have the potential, all of us. It's inherent to your very existence as a human being.

That being said, it can feel impossible during a wave. One thing that has got me through often, is this idea of potentials. You kind of learn this through therapy, through CBT, others through science and the understanding of how molecules and atoms work and move, others through inner inquiry into the mind (meditation), others through spirituality, where it all just becomes so damn obvious that, despite all the horror, EVERYTHING is working in perfect order, because there are always potentials. That is how life comes to be. So yeah, if you want it in the least New Age way possible, your potential for growth will always be with you because that's just the way things are.

I've had a lot of anger over the whole thing. But need to constantly remind myself to not fall into victim mode, because what was the point, then? Then I'm just another statistic. We look back in horror at things like slavery, forced institutionalization for minor mental ailments, the fact that there used to be COCAINE in cough medicine lol, how we used to hang people for their crimes - we're always evolving, we'll look back on this and think the same. But somewhere we HAVE to find compassion and forgiveness, without which you won't make it through without becoming bitter and more angry. I tend to think of it like this (if you don't believe in reincarnation then discard the idea)...at some point in the ever changing re-birth of this particular energy field I call 'me', I probably did these horrifying things. I am an integral part of the whole so will have been part of so many wonderful, and many horrifying, things that the world has experienced. So perhaps it really is just all an ongoing balancing act. Sometimes this helps a lot, others, not so much.

Anyway, you're 10 months in, which I'm sure has been hell. But remember it's not that long on the withdrawal scale, the first year is often the worst it seems. Hold on to your POTENTIAL. Even if you can't see it, it's always there. Much love to you and your family x

Altostrata

Hello, psvt, good to hear you're seeing some improvement.

Have you tried fish oil and magnesium supplements, see http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

A lot of people find them helpful. Try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.