PSVT

PSVT: Misdiagnosis ... because every ill must be anxiety, stress and depression?

withhopeinmyheart

Hi PSVT, 

just read your thread. I'm so sorry this happened to you. 

It's been half a year for me, four months since holding the tiny reinstatement dose. 

I too am housebound except maybe a short walk once a month. 

I also often lose hope this can end. 

Hope you're doing better. 

Andie

Hi There 

Thanks for for stopping by my thread. 

I just had had a quick read through your thread. I too was suffering from runs of really uncomfortable SVT and it was the cardiologist that wanted me off the Pristiq ASAP. The Cardiologist I saw mentioned he had seen many patients on SNRIs and SSRIs suffering from SVT, but when I mentioned this to my Psychiatrist he said he has never heard of this. 

I am hoping with time we will all recover. The SVT has definitely calmed down a lot since I have reduced the dose. 

PSVT

2 years 3 days 20 hrs 16 min

unbeleivable.......nothing to say really other than things are not good, no improvement. In fact there has been an increase in intensity of symptoms and barely hanging on. Not only has this poison devestated my life but it's taken a good chunk from daughters as well. How dare they even produce such vile rubbish toxic crap let alone approve it as a medicine. I guess one take away from all this is that my misdiagnosed issue hasn't returned since it was fixed with surgery but to be still a vegetable from medications I never needed for a condition I never had just blows my mind.

Still housebound and with debilitating symptoms both mental and physical. Stopped counting and grieving the losses. 

WOW....JUST WOW.

This is just ferocious......

PSVT
On 26 May 2019 at 4:24 PM, Andie said:

Hi There 

Thanks for for stopping by my thread. 

I just had had a quick read through your thread. I too was suffering from runs of really uncomfortable SVT and it was the cardiologist that wanted me off the Pristiq ASAP. The Cardiologist I saw mentioned he had seen many patients on SNRIs and SSRIs suffering from SVT, but when I mentioned this to my Psychiatrist he said he has never heard of this. 

I am hoping with time we will all recover. The SVT has definitely calmed down a lot since I have reduced the dose. 

Sorry Andie for such a let reply....I have been, well, just trying to stay alive.....

anyway, I had SVT prior to any drugs but it was always blamed on anxiety or panic or dehydration or , or , or, .........

but  I can guarantee you one thing, these drugs especially the pristiq increased the amount of episodes in quantity , length and intensity. I have also recently found out that pristiq should not be prescribed to anyone with an arrhythmia....go figure.

Your psychiatrist sounds like every other quack, an ignorant narcissistic quack who couldn't make it a real doctor so became a psychiatrist. 

so the pristiq didn't cause the SVT which was AVNRT type but it did cause some other nasty things with my heart which almost caused me to have a pacemaker fitted for a thing called wenkebach or what's also known as second degree heart block where I was missing every third heart beat. Thankfully my brilliant Doctor the electrophysiologist and his colleagues assured me that the pristiq was the cause of it. That's the difference between real doctors and psychiatrists and GPs that call themselves doctors.

anyway, I hope things are going in the right direction for you now?

PSVT
On 27 March 2019 at 11:44 PM, withhopeinmyheart said:

Hi PSVT, 

just read your thread. I'm so sorry this happened to you. 

It's been half a year for me, four months since holding the tiny reinstatement dose. 

I too am housebound except maybe a short walk once a month. 

I also often lose hope this can end. 

Hope you're doing better. 

Don't lose hope, I'm assured by the gurus and survivors of psych drug withdrawal that all this craziness ends. Everything goes back to normal. All of it. 

This ENDS.......the only question is WHEN?

On 27 March 2019 at 6:19 PM, Leo1983 said:

Some improvement?

Nada......well nothing worthy to report anyway.

Maya

Hi PVST,

I highly admire your positive thinking in this miserable situation.

I'm home/bed bound too.

How do you manage your days? How do you spend them? And what about meal? Do you make it yourself?

Leo1983

Hi.

were you on Lexapro for 2 years?

PSVT
9 hours ago, Leo1983 said:

Hi.

were you on Lexapro for 2 years?

A little less, around 18 mths.

PSVT
10 hours ago, Maya said:

Hi PVST,

I highly admire your positive thinking in this miserable situation.

I'm home/bed bound too.

How do you manage your days? How do you spend them? And what about meal? Do you make it yourself?

Getting through the days....well that is a day by day concept...depending on the symptoms really. If the akathisia is torturing me then a just pace up and down my driveway for the most part till it settles. 

Other than that, I flitter around from one thing to another....maybe a puzzle, then you tube, then Netflix, then a shower, back to you tube, then word search games, message some "withdrawal" friends because I've lost all my real life friends, then click around on the computer then repeat. Watch some Webinars or join a Q&A session with Baylissa. Back to being crucified to my bed, walk outside again, back inside, sit down highly uncomfortable, stand up again and on and on it goes.

well my wife and daughters are caring for me for the most part and do all shopping for food.. Some days I can put meals together or I eat leftovers from the night before. 

Aeroman
On 1/22/2018 at 5:42 PM, PSVT said:

UPC

Thanks. This means a lot. 

Its BS that people have to go through this relentless suffering. It really does feel like normal resumption of service will never come but I guess it is about keeping faith and belief in those who suffered before us and got through this. Success like Aeroman, Belissimo, Mr B (benzo buddies) and others.

For me, and I'm sure like many others, having to go through this for an issue I never had is something I am struggling to come to terms with. It is death by a thousand cuts............

checking in, how have you been doing?!

PSVT
On 16 January 2020 at 3:23 AM, Aeroman said:

checking in, how have you been doing?!

Hi aeroman

thanks for checking, I appreciate it.

unfortunatley things are not very good at all. Still suffering immensely as I look down the barrel of 28 mths.

between the akathisia , anxiety, fear, tinnitus, muscle twitching, early morning wake up with terror and on and on it goes I'm just totally flabbergasted that this is even possible even though I am still non functional I am still constantly assured that this will end and the symptoms leave and normal service resumes. 

However this his is slowly wearing me down to the point of "no longer doable" if a break, a window, a lessening of the symptoms or some confirmation of healing doesn't arrive relatively quickly as this is having a big impact not only on me but also my wife and two daughters.

my diet is good and clean. I don't take supplements or any type of drug being prescribed, over the counter or illicit. Minimal caffeine in an occasional cup of tea and don't take anything that could impact healing. All I have left is giving up food water or oxygen.

i guess some of are more deeply injured than others and need more maximum time to recover..

psvt

Amira123

Hey @PSVT how are you doing? 

PSVT
On 8 June 2020 at 6:55 AM, Amira123 said:

Hey @PSVT how are you doing? 

Pretty much the same, dealing with severe akathisia and a myriad of other symptoms that keep me debilitated and homebound.

a couple weeks away from 34 mths.

just hanging on until 36 mths then .....well.....I will be taking an alternate course of action. I'm done with this amount of suffering for so long. 

Altostrata

Hang in there, PSVT. What is your sleep schedule and sleep pattern?

Leo1983
1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

Hi Altostrata.

Do you mean hang in their for recovery?

Altostrata
6 minutes ago, Leo1983 said:

Hi Altostrata.

Do you mean hang in their for recovery?

Of course.

PSVT
On 28 July 2020 at 4:18 AM, Altostrata said:

The akathisia starts to usually settle around 9.30 to 10.30 pm which allows me to go to bed and fall asleep. I can actually feel all the energy just subside to a very minimal level which then let's me know it's bedtime. Once that happens I'm pretty much out like a light but then between the 3-4am every morning I get woken up with a blast in my chest, terror, fear and like a nuclear bomb has gone off and I battle the whole day long repeat repeat repeat. Although I'm almost 34 mths off this started 36 mths ago. 

I keep getting assured that it will stop eventually but I have to start facing the reality of this and call it a day. I have paid my dues and a hefty price for this so I surrender. I give myself 73 more days to see some major improvements. Otherwise it's curtains. I'm depleted of all resources, emotional, spiritual, physical, financial. I'm just done. Overcooked. 

Leo1983
15 minutes ago, PSVT said:

I keep getting assured that it will stop

Fair comment. I feel the same at 25 months

Altostrata
12 hours ago, PSVT said:

Although I'm almost 34 mths off this started 36 mths ago. 

This started while you were taking Pristiq or after you went off Lexapro in March 2017?

It sounds like you are hypersensitive to the early morning spike in cortisol, which is a natural phase of our circadian rhythm triggered by early morning light. See

Waking with panic or anxiety -- managing cortisol spikes

Darkening your bedroom with blackout shades and curtains and wearing a sleep mask can help.

It also sounds like the symptoms abate in the evening with the circadian rise in melatonin. Melatonin has a half-life of only a few hours. You might find taking a little at 1 a.m. helps reduce the reaction to the cortisol rise a couple hours later, or you might experiment with extended-release melatonin. You may be hypersensitive to all neuroactive substances, so you'll probably want to experiment with a very low dose. Even 0.25mg melatonin can be effective for sleep. See

What is the sleep cycle?

Melatonin for sleep: Many people find it helpful

Are you sensitive to light? If so, see

Increased sensitivity to light, noise, sound, exercise etc

Light-sensitive? Try blocking out blue light

Computer Program Adjusts Blue Light to Time of Day

You might benefit from "sleep hygiene" as well:

Tips to help sleep -- so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Path to Better Sleep FREE online for everyone from the US Veterans Administration

Music for self-care: Calms hyperalertness, anxiety, aids relaxation and sleep

TV or computer use in evening can disrupt sleep: Bright light signals the brain that it's daytime

How much exercise do you get? Be sure to get at least a half-hour of gentle exercise, such as walking, each day.

Inactivity may make sympathetic nervous system hypersensitive...

On 10/11/2018 at 10:59 AM, Altostrata said:

Hello, psvt, good to hear you're seeing some improvement.

Have you tried fish oil and magnesium supplements, see http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

A lot of people find them helpful. Try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

Did you ever try fish oil and magnesium? Magnesium can be effective to reduce the activation sensation. Take in small doses throughout the day, you might try a small dose when you wake at 3 a.m. as well.

siwoue

Fighting right here beside you at 23 months off, same sympthoms. Akathisia terror all day, every day. And innerbodypain, burning from my bones. Like fibro. Or maybe its fibro. Who knows. I also feel like my whole inside is stretched out, like im gonna snap. So yeah, i know your hell. 

I just wanted you to know youre not alone. We keep going, yeh? 

PSVT
On 30 July 2020 at 4:28 AM, Altostrata said:

This started while you were taking Pristiq or after you went off Lexapro in March 2017?

It sounds like you are hypersensitive to the early morning spike in cortisol, which is a natural phase of our circadian rhythm triggered by early morning light. See

Waking with panic or anxiety -- managing cortisol spikes

Darkening your bedroom with blackout shades and curtains and wearing a sleep mask can help.

It also sounds like the symptoms abate in the evening with the circadian rise in melatonin. Melatonin has a half-life of only a few hours. You might find taking a little at 1 a.m. helps reduce the reaction to the cortisol rise a couple hours later, or you might experiment with extended-release melatonin. You may be hypersensitive to all neuroactive substances, so you'll probably want to experiment with a very low dose. Even 0.25mg melatonin can be effective for sleep. See

What is the sleep cycle?

Melatonin for sleep: Many people find it helpful

Are you sensitive to light? If so, see

Increased sensitivity to light, noise, sound, exercise etc

Light-sensitive? Try blocking out blue light

Computer Program Adjusts Blue Light to Time of Day

You might benefit from "sleep hygiene" as well:

Tips to help sleep -- so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Path to Better Sleep FREE online for everyone from the US Veterans Administration

Music for self-care: Calms hyperalertness, anxiety, aids relaxation and sleep

TV or computer use in evening can disrupt sleep: Bright light signals the brain that it's daytime

How much exercise do you get? Be sure to get at least a half-hour of gentle exercise, such as walking, each day.

Inactivity may make sympathetic nervous system hypersensitive...

Did you ever try fish oil and magnesium? Magnesium can be effective to reduce the activation sensation. Take in small doses throughout the day, you might try a small dose when you wake at 3 a.m. as well.

Well I used to wake up at around 4 after the lexapro with some other symptoms like concrete legs, and fatigue etc so after 3 mths or so I went back to the doctor but was re-diagnosed with major depression hence the pristiq. After about a week on the pristiq everything went even further south and I have not yet had any relief. 

The akathisia gives me more than enough exercise for now. 

I hav tried magnesium in the first year but didn't feel like I derived any benefit at all. Possibly made me worse and now I'm just too scared to try anything because of my fragile condition I cant afford to get worse. Given all the info and bad stories out there I feel the risk is too great.

PSVT
On 31 July 2020 at 5:54 AM, siwoue said:

Fighting right here beside you at 23 months off, same sympthoms. Akathisia terror all day, every day. And innerbodypain, burning from my bones. Like fibro. Or maybe its fibro. Who knows. I also feel like my whole inside is stretched out, like im gonna snap. So yeah, i know your hell. 

I just wanted you to know youre not alone. We keep going, yeh? 

Its an unbelievably cruel process  and this symptom is really taking its toll.

yeah, have to hang tough a little longer.